Speaker 1: The problem with this podcast is you can't tell for good guys or bad guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I think that's great yea. And we don't leave people guessing. We don't need to know everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah we don't know what I mean, we don't need to know everything anything.
Speaker 2: I don't need to know anything.
Speaker 1: We don't unpack it on the car ride home.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: I find myself saying things on here sometimes where I'm like, maybe maybe I do feel that, and that's funny, and that's good, that's okay.
Speaker 3: I erres racist, lay the money stuff I can't tell me.
Speaker 2: Don't say my ship is why? Because you sound crazy?
Speaker 1: Got the beat doing flips like Chappelle, lazy, Welcome Mama's and Gentiles. I like to another phenomenal episode my mama.
Speaker 4: Told me Yo the podcast where we dive deep deep into the pockets of black conspiracy there.
Speaker 1: And we don't prove ship nothing, not a goddamn thing.
Speaker 2: I seen that. I see that. That's a real song. That's crazy. You knew that.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's fire.
Speaker 2: You actually never heard that a long time.
Speaker 1: I'm weirdough whoa how's that feel?
Speaker 4: I mean, no, al cool, cool man, I ain't never been name dropped in the song.
Speaker 1: No oh I once. I think I think somebody said my name and I'm on one album. I'm Michael Christmas album.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah yeah, shut out, shout out, Michael christ It wasn't like a dis track though, right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it did. I was being funny and it did feel like when Dave Chappelle was like, yeah, they always want me to be like you stepping some dud dudes flat, Yeah like that. It was like playing me, but it was I was the joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, but not like you were being played. No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: It was a happy medium because.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, yeah, no, that's a flex. That's pretty pretty cool. I think I think everybody should celebrate anytime they end up on music.
Speaker 1: I worried that my first rap bar was gonna be like a derogatory thing and I would have to be mad at it. That was you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna pick myself apart for your entertainment, so sure, you know what I mean. But like there's some similis and metaphors that could be made at my expense pretty easily. I got you, and that was what the worry was. But he didn't go like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so you've both landed very nicely in your careers.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Yeah you're gonna get one. I'm surprised you haven't got one yet. We all pray differently, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that differently. We can't. We just accept that you're differently differently. I like that no one ever says that. Nobody, No one says that. No, it could add a lot of wars. It got a lot of war.
Speaker 1: Hey, I just think it's different than you.
Speaker 2: We just pretty different. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I do consider myself a hero of this story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said the thing that nobody else was brave enough to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prey different. What if that ended wars? Right now? If they listen to this, just heard like, oh, very different, they're like, oh, we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Need a lot more people to find it. I don't think we have a huge other country following.
Speaker 2: Hey, sometimes you never know when something goes viral, bro I said that. I never know. Sometimes something wuld just be something that will just crossover and all of a sudden you're like, oh, now, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was just in Japan and somebody was like, I'm a big Mandal fan, and I was like and anything. I was like, you got fans of Japan? Yes?
Speaker 2: Four days later, four days later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, thanks for keeping in touch man.
Speaker 2: I was a fair modest man there. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I didn't. I didn't. I didn't have fans at the show.
Speaker 1: It's like, in four days to text your number to other people.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh shit, he had.
Speaker 1: Me under the wrong name. I know that because I had him under the wrong name for a while. Did you to be fair? Yeah, I had him under this other guy's name. And the other guy text me and was like, hey, do you want to come through the show tonight? I was like, why it's bandaling Denver.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have one to start. Yeah, kick it off. I don't think Africa is gonna get its due until we re release these maps. Everybody always talks about how big it is. I ain't seen not one new map ever. Yeah you know what I'm saying. Everybody's like, oh, no, the maps are wrong. We all know it. You could fit three Canadas inside Africa. Blah blah blah blah, blah, not one new.
Speaker 5: Map you go to every squow everywhere, it's still the like like we're all just like acknowledging it and then refusing to do anything about it.
Speaker 4: They won't show us, show me the real version. Then I'm so sick of the old version.
Speaker 2: That is the thing. Think about it the way. So the thing is, Africa is bigger than what it is, way bigger. It's way bigger.
Speaker 4: Apparently is twice the size of I think South America or some ship.
Speaker 1: It's like crazy, Well, I don't.
Speaker 4: Whether when y'all get running water, you gotta stay focused issue.
Speaker 2: Coming out.
Speaker 1: But seriously, I've been people been telling me since I was a kid, right, and but not one that's like a thing that if that's understood, shouldn't that be immediately a reissue. It's such a I demand a recount.
Speaker 2: Do you say we all from Africa? We are?
Speaker 1: And I think that is maybe some of us more than there's right. I was just kidding.
Speaker 4: Strong enough the table, if I had the strength, this would be, this would be.
Speaker 2: That's sure, this would be where Luca comes from. Now it's a debating way my freedom in front of me.
Speaker 4: Now you're deciding my future. Maybe you're not better than the whites. Okay, maybe you're just the same as they are.
Speaker 1: He said it, he said it, he said the quiet.
Speaker 2: Part out loud. You heard him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a good time. But I do think that that's crazy. It's like it's no knowledge, everybody knows it, and then there's been no depths.
Speaker 2: I I change it. I agree.
Speaker 4: I think there's almost like this this this undermining of our intelligence in a way that feels like an attack on our person.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean, like Africa, they don't want us to know.
Speaker 4: But also now you're okay, yeah, you're even willing to show me that that that these things are true and you're still not going to do anything about it.
Speaker 1: That is the psychological war.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the crazy thing. We're just like they're just like yeah, yeah, yeah, we know, what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 1: I like the map the way it is exactly. We like Europe to. We like Europe to look way bigger than it's supposed to be.
Speaker 4: I think Europe, Yeah, I think we made it as big as we like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how it feels, That's how it feels. And like I'll be honest, I got this because I watched the whiz Kid doc last night whatever that it doesn't matter where I got it from, right, Yeah, because they said that, yeah, and I was thinking about it. I was like, damn, that is true because then they also this guy also said in the wiz Kid doc. He was like, colonization means my people don't we don't dream in our own language, and it hurt my heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was like, I dream in English.
Speaker 2: And I was like, listen, I love that because when I found out all we were all from Africa was from Boys and the Hood an opening scene when well, but some people, Yeah, when he was teaching the class, he said, we all from Africa.
Speaker 1: But then some people would claim I ain't from Africa. I'm from krish Yeah. You African booty, which is crazy. Everybody scratches booty.
Speaker 2: Everybody scratches booty. Yeah, why did you see? I don't feel bad. Why did they have to be African?
Speaker 1: Because it flows so nicely, it feels like music, and and if you've never used it, if you've never had the pleasure, it's what a beautiful song it was.
Speaker 4: I understand we don't get to sing it anymore, but when I sang it oh did it sing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Well, I guess today hails from Arizona.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, the fine state of Arizona. You haven't had anyone say that to me before.
Speaker 1: I and I stand on it. I've had times there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had times there too.
Speaker 1: Man, I've had weird times, but I've had some fun times there. Are you from Phoenix or Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Like outside of Phoenix, Okay, area called Mesa.
Speaker 1: Can I actually ask you an interesting question now that we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Hell Chappelle lazy sorry podcast year, I have a boy who is Oh, shout out to Aaron. He opened for you.
Speaker 1: Aaron, ye from Arizona.
Speaker 2: We we were, do you know what black Aaron?
Speaker 1: Yeah, black Aaron. Yes, of course. Okay, suffer Aaron, Aaron, we're from Arizona.
Speaker 2: That's a in Arizona. Take you directly to where we're from.
Speaker 1: It's the closest to our native climates. Uh. I Remember I was talking to him and he was telling me, maybe I'm not framing this in a way that he would appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I'll throw it out.
Speaker 1: He was saying, it's a very common thing for black dudes in Arizona to have fucked some white guy's wife. Like he said, it really happens a lot, and I was like, that's crazy. Thoughts thoughts, no comment.
Speaker 2: I mean I think that's kind of like anywhere, you know anything, Yeah, because like I don't like there's times I've been at like I'm a flying nigga, you know what I'm saying, Like I look good, bro, and I my little brother is a flipper. He gets it done.
Speaker 1: That changes a lot, you know.
Speaker 2: The thing is is like like and I think Aarry Spears talked about it in an interview too. There's something weird like at a meet and greet when like like a dude and his wife, oh yeah, you know, specifically a white couple when they walk up and then they're like, uh no, I know, just get a picture with her. And then like I want to take the picture, and then and then and then they're like, yo, fucking put your home around here. I'm like, yeah, like bro, wife, but they want me to like fucking and then she'll put her hand on my chest.
Speaker 1: She's so into it, and she's like cooking him in front of you. It's like she's like he doesn't need to be in the picture.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you're like, it's just like weird, and like the way they pose with me, it's like.
Speaker 4: So those ones that that they don't keep the husband out, but she like squeezes you too tight in the photo. Like it's like she's like trying to touch you in a way that isn't what we all agree is normal for everybody in.
Speaker 2: A round now an Aaron's standpoint, I don't know if it's like the cooking way or whatever. But also like I didn't grow up hooking up a lot.
Speaker 1: So like right, right, okay, so you missed out, So I missed out Like me either, I was not having as much sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so he was. He was probably you know, I say he did it, Yes, he said it was like but also I would be shocked. Everyone was mad. Weird, bro, it seems it's a weird. It's a weird place for like, I think, just anybody to grow up in.
Speaker 1: It seems. It also seems like I was talking to you about this when you were asking me about Desert Ridge improv where it's like the sexuality in the desert there's something about it that's weird, Like everybody's brain gets scrambled or something like it feels like there's so many couples where it's just like.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, in the Desert Ridge area, if you're in that area, yeah, yeah, and that's where it's because there's a there's like a there's like a milf bar where like you like, young guys go and older women go and they meet up to like fucking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not like a common for a bar.
Speaker 2: It's not we should get into it. It might be like Blue Martini or something like.
Speaker 1: That, ye strip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well when the how's it com Yeah yes, right over there there, yeah, and you don't know if I don't know, Blue Martin was like, hey, this is what we're doing, right, I think it just happened, and.
Speaker 1: She can keep she can move around here, you know.
Speaker 2: And with older women who isn't yeah right yeah, oh yeah yeah the older woman bro, it's like, uh because on the schedule and they're just like, yo, I need to hear it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's very clear.
Speaker 2: I got to pick up my kids.
Speaker 1: Bro. When you're younger and you do it too, you feel like you're like you feel like you found a cheat code.
Speaker 2: Yeah almost, you know. Yeah, Yeah, I'm married now, Hell.
Speaker 4: Congrats, I forgot that we haven't addressed this at all on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, yeah, it's weird, but yeah it's not weird. Like she's the love of my life.
Speaker 2: I love it. Like, yeah, we're still having a big.
Speaker 1: Wedding, but they did like they did a small court nown wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah hell yeah, yeah that's my favorite one comedians getting married, bro.
Speaker 1: Because it feels like he's not supposed to happen. Yes, yeah, it feels like it's not It feels like it's not supposed to be that. Yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you. Last long time. Now we're gonna find you love through this podcast. Yeah, we're gonna get you back to the Blue Martini.
Speaker 2: All right, it's.
Speaker 1: Chapelle.
Speaker 4: You You came with a conspiracy theory that I think is a little more layered than we're going to lay it out a lot.
Speaker 2: Of layers, a lot of layers, because it's like it's not just yeah.
Speaker 4: But but for the simplicity of getting the conversation started, you said, my mama told me.
Speaker 1: Sony kill Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: And my mom did say that, she said it for real. She didn't say that she probably thinking though.
Speaker 1: My mom, my mom would say that Tupac.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: My mom would always say Tupac still alive. She was a big one. I hated that one because I knew it wasn't. Yeah, but I felt there was something in my soul. But I get why people would think that. Yeah, it was like almost like what do you call it? Materna be the word.
Speaker 2: I think there was something, there was something quality, quality that he had that like it was hard for people.
Speaker 1: We did see the footage of the fight before. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: I don't mean simply because of like his his choices day to day.
Speaker 2: I think just like I mean, Britain's got a baby, bro. Yeah, yeah, I remember that way. Everybody go, damn, I remember listen to that, you know what I mean. I'm not I keep mind.
Speaker 1: I think that's why we're all here together, because none of us are.
Speaker 2: We're not Brenda.
Speaker 1: And he did make it sound so cool in love with the molester that section are crazy. It's just like a good line.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, yeah. I don't know if he had one twelve or Joasy whoever.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's saying. I think Joe.
Speaker 4: I want to say it was j Yeah, No, it might have been I don't think it kind of sounds like them though, but I don't think it was all.
Speaker 1: I don't think that was. That was how do you want it? Yeah, that was how do you want to see?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when Jos was like, we're gonna go to death Row or you know, it's Casey and Jojo, Casey and Jojo, Well do you realize they were with bad Boy and death Row? I I did you.
Speaker 1: Really realize that until you said it? But they could do anything. I do feel that about.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: Specifically Casey and Jojo? I think they they can do with them, all things are possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, but the driving force was uh DeVante? Yeah, yeah, whoa it was Dave Hollister. No baby mama drama.
Speaker 1: No, Brenda's got a baby?
Speaker 2: No? But he you Yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Cam stopped fronting on that.
Speaker 2: Dave Hollister too.
Speaker 1: Man, he's from Chicago, right, Uh is Dave?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Also a fat guy? Right? Definitely not you got it if you like, if you like Chicago. That's just what I knew most about him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you are listing other Drakes that I wasn't immediately associating with Dave Holliser, But absolutely fat was the.
Speaker 1: One that I didn't know he was from his hometown though. Yep, damn, that's not great.
Speaker 2: That's I'm not proud of. I know Jimmy Eat World is from Mesa. Come on, I know where they are, I know where they're located, I know everything we are all growing in.
Speaker 1: I like the way that you said Jimmy Eat World. You said Jimmy eat World, which is how I read it.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah accent, yea, exactly. Some that's just a more sophisticated way to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But the reason why, yeh, the you know, the conspiracy on this, Like there's just something with the music industry that just seems so devilish to me. So it's not just it's not just Michael, but like obviously, like that's like one of the bigger things. And just the way you hear an artist talk about like the music industry, and like, I mean, Michael was very outspoken about things with Sony. Uh there's that one video where he was somewhere I don't know if it was like award show or something. He was speaking at it. Uh, and uh there's a he's holding up a sign that says Sony kills or whatever. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought that was photoshop no, no, And then yeah, but there's this thing about it because and you know, Michael was like I mean, Michael was trying to do his thing. He was trying to own ship. You know, he's good. I think Michael looked at things like, well, why can't I own that too?
Speaker 1: He bought the beat.
Speaker 2: Beatles catalog, but like like but it wasn't just like the Beatles that he had, Like he had Sony ATV or whatever the termins whatever, but he had like, you know, a percentage of Sony that I think Sony was like damn bro, like he got us like we need this shit back, you know what I mean? And like I think, you know, I think there's things that were pushed out to like kind of like come at Michael, you know what I mean? You know yeah, I think I think also like the album he recorded in two thousand and one, Invincible, the album, which is a great album, and everyone's like this is such an underrated album because like Sony didn't not help him on the rollout with it. They weren't. They weren't like they didn't do anything for him on it.
Speaker 4: I will say that by that point in his career, Michael Jackson releasing felt uneventful in a way that it had never existed before that. Like everything before that, you were like, god, damn, Michael Jackson came out.
Speaker 2: Remember, yeah, suddenly this album. It was like when Michael Jackson dropped anything. It was like everybody rushed home. We're gonna like, look at this on the TV.
Speaker 1: Remember the time on Fox?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah I remember, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember who was doing that. Bro.
Speaker 1: It was huge and then it started and you were like Magic Johnson and Eddie Burphy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Now now if I'm playing Devil's Advocate, there is any.
Speaker 2: Bring up the Lion kids. Oh they're still pretty sad. All right, Let's give.
Speaker 4: Him a couple more years, because I think they're gonna start smiling soon.
Speaker 1: I think the kids may have.
Speaker 4: Soured a public sort of like taste on him. But I also think, if again I'm playing conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Games, yeah, I mean that's what I love about this conversation.
Speaker 4: That is also a strategy that I a conspiracy theorist, might argue, Sony, activated.
Speaker 1: Do we think and this is this is truly like a question for everyone. His reputation was already changing before the kid accusation, the wacko jacko and the changing his hair, his skin and puling babies outside of windows.
Speaker 7: That was way later. I don't want to scary babies. He's justin Arry. Thought of you being out that scars. But you gotta do that with the world. This is how you become strong. But like, I think that two things. He's a weird guy.
Speaker 2: Man, he was a weird, weird weird which would listen, which is fair to say. I think it's very fair to say, like, And I think that's why it was easy to like pinpoint, like to do these certain things to him, Like it's I mean, the wacko jacko, like the change of the skin tone, all that stuff. But like obviously we know, like we all know where he comes from, right, he comes from Gary, Indiana hood, but like not even just Gary, Indiana, Like he didn't like he didn't even have to deal with the hood.
Speaker 1: He had to deal with Joseph. That's the biggest going maybe the hood in Cardiff.
Speaker 2: Bout it bro.
Speaker 4: He had every version of the experience he was he was, he had no hope and then he had the most hope. The most hope in in a fucking boy's lifetime.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, just said.
Speaker 4: Eight years, that's all it took for him to go from absolutely nothing to to heaven.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the scale of that, when you say it like that, I never thought about it, because the scale of that is like where do you where do you continue to go with the life that's on that trajectory?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean by the time he was in his mid twenties, he probably truly did not remember being poor like that. I mean, he was never poor.
Speaker 2: He was rich longer than he was poor. Bro.
Speaker 4: That's why he had to make himself look like a kitty cat.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: You conna just say no, no, no. That's why he had to make himself look like a leathery kitty cat is because he couldn't. He's like, I look in the mirror and that is not me anymore.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 4: I've ascended beyond the life that I once had. I can't look at this working class as face that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, there's so much mental that like he dealt with. There's there's so much questioning and things that are running in his head. Would mean there's just no there's just no way he could have like and also if he came out normal, I don't think we would have had had Like there's because there's a level of your brain where like you're so like mentally, like you know, there's just like these things that you just hear whatever.
Speaker 4: But to your point, heal the world is a psychopath song in anybody else's hands.
Speaker 1: They're all psychopaths song. Yeah, it's just he are you okay? What the is he? He's he past words, he grew you know, it's just saying stuff because he.
Speaker 2: Could and we all were like that ship type because you know what I mean, like it was it was I mean just to get We're like, I mean, yeah, I kind of understand his brain and like like where you like mentally, my more search is mature, bro, give me the mature I sweek the other way, Give me that, give me victim, give me that wrinkle.
Speaker 1: My problem is they're too old basically for what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 2: You know I'm talking about in the sense of like like because I grew up in abusive stepfather, right, he want to know Joe Jackson, I'm like, damn, bro.
Speaker 9: No, you don't do this. It's like you got a bad one too, and you me walk you do. You're like, maybe you should have turned up a little bit.
Speaker 2: But that psychological like and the way it fucks with you. Now, I can only imagine what it's like to not have your childhood as well, right because I still had a childhood. I'm still outside of skateboarding. I'm geting stocked up a time or two. But I'm like, all right, man, I got my skateboard, you know what I mean. But like he he was just go, go, go, entertaining, entertaining, entertaining.
Speaker 4: And he lost his childhood to a man who aspired to the dream that he is beating into them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was that was Joe's dream he was a musician. Which that's kind of kind of hurt too.
Speaker 4: I think that's why that's why you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't mean to not villainize Joe Jackson, but it does kind of be like, Bro, that's gotta be a crazy head fuck too.
Speaker 2: The idea that.
Speaker 1: Like you, you still wanted it, Bro, the whole time, you still wanted it.
Speaker 2: The fact that you said that, like, like, that's all I think about it with my stepfather, like me and my stuff that we cool, you know what I mean, Like, because I learned a lot about man. Then I learned a lot about him. I learned that, Like I was like, oh, he went through like kind of the same ship. He was kind of doing what he was young when he came my life. He was only he was only seventeen, you know what I mean. It's like so it's like they're like, what did he really know? He didn't know anything, you know what I mean. So he just he just knew what what happened to him. So it's like I think he was just like, oh, I think this is how you do it. You know what, I'll do that too much. Stop talking boy, Stop talking the boy. What are you doing? Get out? Get out of that Fred go to school. Yeah, nigga.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like like you think, I think to some extent you've it sounds like you found at least an empathy for that person. I think we I think we could always be moving with that empathy and still be acknowledging like, Bro, you were.
Speaker 1: A bad guy. You were fucking.
Speaker 4: And that sucks that you had to grow through that and and find yourself there. But end of the day, Joe Jackson can be an empathetic figure and a bad dude.
Speaker 2: And I wonder I wonder if they eventually got to the point, uh, like his children eventually got to the point where they had the empathy for him, you know what I mean, Like I don't know, I don't you know, but like it seems that I have like a very very soft spot spot for like the Jackson's in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean it does seem like it's just like their trauma cases, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one idiots, And then you just had to entertain bro and yeah, it was like dance dance.
Speaker 1: Even Jermaine. You you look at Jermaine and you.
Speaker 2: Go, a, we all is the hair. We can all agree.
Speaker 4: We can all agree that wouldn't Joseph Joseph a beat that into.
Speaker 1: You know what that was Jermaine. You know what's crazy is Jermaine is I don't think he was an early standout Jackson in the way that like, at least in our childhood, it was always Tito was the one who caught the jokes. Yeah, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Because Michael, you brothers building, that man would come up on them backups, you know, yeah, was on groove. Yeah, you know what I mean he had this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tito was I felt like was the one who kind of Jermaine has the run and I'll be there. The fucking is that Jermaine? Yeah, that's Jermaine. If there was if there was another dude singing, it was Jermaine, it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was always Jermaine.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That would be hard to because you're like, what do I do? My little brother is and and Jermaine sounds good.
Speaker 2: Jer Like, like, I know Michael was talented, but the motherfuckers was talented.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Jermaine the one who tried to Jermaine is the one who said that his brother tried to block his career. They because of that, right, Yeah, but but Michael, do you imagine beefing and Michael Jackson at the height, but Mike can't win.
Speaker 4: Michael would would then like turn it into bits because of them beefing, because of how far he had ascended past Jermaine. He would like go on award shows and be like, I just want to thank all my brothers and Jermaine for.
Speaker 1: All their love and support.
Speaker 4: That's why people would laugh in the room because they knew Jermaine couldn't do a thing about it.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be and that's your brother that that would make me a villain more than what happened to Michael.
Speaker 2: Also, I think it's cool that that's the beef you get to have with your brother, like like those two guys, like they get to have that level of beef. Yeah, my brother. It's just also with the cereal bro bro that was you know what I mean starting bro y.
Speaker 1: He also keeps saying, and I recently found out my brother's algorithm is it's like you find out the similarity some twisted ship my brother the littlest I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, funny. Does he listen to us?
Speaker 1: I think he listens to clips sometimes in the way that yeah, I don't mean, I just don't want it to bum him out.
Speaker 4: If he's that cool where he's like on something twisted at that age and he can kind of like, yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Very funny in a way that I'm scared of, which is like the best kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yeah, yeah, wow, like they had the beef of like I think it's Beautiful'll walk you bro, Yeah, bro, you don't.
Speaker 1: Think that sucked?
Speaker 2: Come on, that's for Jamane. Yeah, I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. I guess the public is also seeing it too. That's what I mean. Could have been the Black Joker.
Speaker 1: We kind of got lucky, we got right, should have been the Black Joker. Maybe the hair is the worst he he could do had he taking any of that energy into weapons.
Speaker 4: All that right, because he's already he's already making it into like a precise missile. His hat is a spear, yeah, which if he were if he were to sharpen a piece of metal.
Speaker 2: This is the most dangerous crazy because they got beat with structure.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is turning into a Joe Jackson appreciated.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying in that episode with a moment for a moment of silence for Joe.
Speaker 2: There's there's a difference. I know, I know it's discipled, a wild thing to say, but you said it.
Speaker 1: Neither of us said it because.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. Oh boy, when they feel like we're wrong, right, we're just like, I'm okay with being wrong. I'm just saying, like I was just thinking about it, because you said, like he didn't put the energy into like guns. Yeah, you know some guys that get beat with no structure. Then it's like, I'm gonna get a gun since they gotta beat with structure, that's probably why he didn't you. So that's what I know. I know, I threw it out there and crazy.
Speaker 1: No, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: But I was just like, it's almost like if you're gonna beat your kid, beat your kid into something. Yeah right, yeah, I got beat just running around the house loose, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And now I'm out here espousing crazy opinions. Maybe you should have been making me dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Dance can be a form of can be help me, help you.
Speaker 2: As a as an alumni of child abuse?
Speaker 1: That's that's and I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 1: I got it, Duke, I don't know. I don't even have my tools. Yeah, run, what have you been doing this whole I fucked up. I didn't know he was gonna drop a bar that hard. The man said something really good and now you've disrupted.
Speaker 2: That was crazy. No, it's just it's just a very yeah that I'll take that. And uh, but you know, to the to my point, though, like I think I think what everyone was able to do was to take because they knew so much about them, like you know, like they knew like like he was doing interviews early on, like I think maybe before Thriller dropped, or he was talking about like things that happen, you know, like them getting beaten ship like that they like it was it was pretty much out there, right, you know what I mean. Yeah, like even in the nineties when they dropped the VH one, you know, the Jackson Family American Dream Movie. Oh Jason Weaver had three part series or whatever. Yeah, like you know, like it was obvious, like what happened to him. We still were like in that music type though, you know what I mean. So like so I think there was just things that like someone some someone who's up there in the industry saw what they could use, you know, like taking like their life story and all this ship and like messing with it and like using it kind of against them. It's like, this is why he's crazy. I will say, you know what I mean, Like I I'll say, I.
Speaker 1: Do wonder right because I hear what you're saying. I also think that the way that entertainment was structured at that time, because it's so fractured now, it's almost like the industry will never have to deal with another person as powerful as a Michael Jackson or a prince or whoever could get because it's just not set up that anyway. Like it's almost better, it's almost better for them that it's as fractured as it is now. Yeah, I mean I think, like, who has Michael Jackson power right now?
Speaker 4: I think in some ways, Michael Jackson became like a sacrificial lamb for a more manageable type of celebrity.
Speaker 1: Damn, you know what I mean, Like a Beyonce.
Speaker 4: Beyonce is able to stay a lot more sort of mentally grounded, whatever you decide that means. It's a different conversation because she watched what what that did to a different man when she went like she was.
Speaker 2: Out there, She's not out there.
Speaker 4: It's like, how you know, there were a bunch of certain types of injuries in the sixties that now we have the technology to keep sports players from experiencing. We've just improved the technology so now famous it may not be as big, but it is way more functional than Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Almost should be. It almost should be niche Yeah, yeah, because yeah, because like Beyonce is like mystique, like a lot of her information ain't just really out there.
Speaker 1: Like and a lot of people not a lot of people, But I feel like people are less aware of Beyonce than they were of Michael Chat Like, you can live a life and not intake Beyonce. I don't think you could do that in a real like. I think everybody heard Thriller, regardless of if you liked it.
Speaker 2: I mean his his rollouts were insane. Yeah, his rollouts or something. His rollouts drop an hour special on that's jam problem.
Speaker 1: You ain't been asking for.
Speaker 2: The right stuff. That's not a issue being Indonesia. But this ship like that like.
Speaker 4: That, Yeah, I watched the clip the other day of he's on some like crane. He's like singing on top of a crane, shirt blowing in the wind, and a fan literally climbs the crane and and grabs onto him while he's like swinging on this single stare like one person can fit on him.
Speaker 2: He's like holding the fan so he doesn't fall, and the fans just like she this this or dude, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: He's like hugging him and kissing him and and will not let go. And Michael doesn't break character for a second, he grabs this dude by his waist and turns him around and he now he's holding the man from the back.
Speaker 2: I forget what song he was singing.
Speaker 1: It's there's a song that he got to be doing all. It's the coolest ship I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: Oh bro, his production and all, like like the way he thought about like this is how we're going to execute this ship. Like he said something that I thought was so dope that I think any like you know, anyone that's a performance artist like like whatever, like take he said something like we want to take people on an adventure, an adventure. I'm like, damn, it's like what you know? Like this is what that looks like to take people on an adventure?
Speaker 1: Will you be there? That entire song from beginning, Dane Man, we listened when we were when we were moving back to l A. Me and I want to listen to it. I keep driving through Utah. I was gonna cry a scenic round. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: We were next I'm Only Human, I tell you goes in with law Bro. That song is insanely like I cried walking like I was just walking out. I was walking a silver like walking like on a far walk, and I just started crying to go, what the fuck is going on? Bro? It just hits you, Like.
Speaker 4: There are Michael Jackson songs that I would listen to more often, but I get uncomfortable with the emotional state that it launches me.
Speaker 1: And Bro, I get that girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's breaking my brain.
Speaker 2: It's just Jam. Good you though? Jam is so And that's where he throws a shot at Jermaine on Jam on Jam, what is the first verse? Oh, damn, something like my brother or something like that.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't even think about words when I think about.
Speaker 2: It, I think I think it's in I think it's in Jam. Okay.
Speaker 1: When I think about Jam, I just I don't even think.
Speaker 2: Of what it's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't Eddie Murphy in that video?
Speaker 2: No, Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Remember the times? Eddie Murphy?
Speaker 2: Remember?
Speaker 1: Also, what's that video with Eddie Murphy and Michael Jackson? What's up with you?
Speaker 2: What's uh? What's uh? What's up? Yeah? Very strange ending to that video. Well, you've had the lyric.
Speaker 4: I'm singing an AI overview that I don't find satisfactory. It just says no, It's like, no, I ain't do that, but I'm trying to find it now, Okay, well you're searching. It was earth song Michael was singing when he saved that fan. It was.
Speaker 1: Thank you damn. That is an earth a song.
Speaker 2: That's a song.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even man, I don't think there were a lot of humans who could even handle that as well as he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while we're here, Jermaine's comments on Michael. Even though Michael is very talented, a lot of his success that has been due to timing and a little bit of luck. It could have been him or it could have just as easily been me.
Speaker 2: Come on, Jermain Lugerma. He put it this way. I'll tell you what you can say that, Jermaine, and I'm gonna and I'm gonna I'm gonna throw back at you, even though he probably said this in the nineties, Michael Jackson. The thing is is, like, you know, that was probably just like emotions, that was all that was probably irrational. You know. The thing is is like Michael worked in a way that I don't think most fucking people do. Like there's this there's this one video on YouTube of Michael in the studio, and I think it's he's recording the song jam and I think it's the part where he goes damn. I think he recorded it, like I don't know, like multiple fucking times, right, and he was sitting there with the whoever's working the soundboard and he'd go here, he would go go to number forty three, go to this number. Let me hear that. Like it's just because he was trying to find the perfect one, right, Like he recorded it in like forty times. Bro, Yeah, that's impressive, Like, like, who's working like that? I mean exactly heard on the joke five times? If it doesn't work, that's how we are. Yeah, who's working like that? Crazy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I mean he was. He was a product of all of it for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I found a website that is tracking the beef. Yeah that like sort of has a full like breakdown of some of the beef.
Speaker 2: I wish Reddit was around when they were beefing. It would help us out.
Speaker 4: It does get a little crazy. So part of it is a marketing strategy that they layout against Germaine that like they when they go solo or sort of start doing like their own solo record. So Michael Jackson got to be there. It's his first solo record and it's released January of nineteen seventy two, and Jermaine's album Jermaine is released in August of the same year.
Speaker 1: Because for them, it was probably like you know, so it was a market dog out right.
Speaker 4: I think they were fucking yeah, you know what I mean, Like it might have been a marketing strategy, or it might have just been like, well, if you will give you a record deal, find Jermaine, but we're not.
Speaker 1: We're not giving you a separate rollout.
Speaker 2: We're not going to go which is you Honestly, it's kind of a bummer because, like I do think Jermaine is like fucking talented, bro. He was talented, yeah yeah, And like it's just such that his brother was so massive to where like it was like you can't even like.
Speaker 1: Any other family held.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like like the Jacksons weren't like the Wu Tang clan where all the motherfuckers can just like put out solo records and it's like dope, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's where it gets even crazy. You've been at de Barge again in nineteen seventy three, Michael Jackson's Music and Me is released in April of that year. Uh, and Jermaine's Come Into My Life was released in May.
Speaker 1: They gave this nigga a month come on to breathe after Michael Jackson released.
Speaker 2: Now we'll bring it back to this. The music industry and the way they fuck with people, right, yeah, they fuck with r Yeah, because they have that kind of control. Bro, I think about that. I can't tell you how many, like I got a lot of homies that are like, you know, musicians and shit like that. They've made records and stuff like that. And I can't tell you how many times they do this thing where they give you this advance, right you know what I mean. They're like, Okay, here's here's two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to make a record. It don't cost them two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to make a record. Yeah you get that money. You're like, oh shit, we got two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. And like you tell some some you know, artists who who's starving artists who really is like trying to like think, oh here's my big break I get to make like they give me two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. You know, they just spend that shit. Meanwhile, they probably only paid, you know, tend to make the record maybe or whatever. Right, and then all of a sudden they're like, all right, man, we got to recoup that marketing costs. Yeah. Like that's why so many artists are just like doing it themselves. That's why they're learning how to work these like uh these programs to where they can you know, studying to be they're not just like musicians now now they're like you know, producers and all this shit as well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's my problem with the internet is whereas I can't learn another I got it edit here.
Speaker 4: Here's where it gets even nastier is that they say that part of it is that like when Jermaine got married to Hazel Gordon, Hazel, he knows Hazel. He stays in the Motown family, and that is what he has promised. Michael Jackson's career is what they were working on to build through Motown, like he was about to premiere as like the new sexy, cool, amazing artist born of the Jackson fame. This is Jermaine's version of it, and then Michael beats him to it, right, Michael gets to off the wall faster. The brothers are now separated. There are quotes of Michael being like, Jermaine and I were, We were as close as any two people could be. And it feels like a loss of my own limb to like lose my brother to a love kind of thing. And so he's claiming. Jermaine has a literal quote where he goes like he basically is saying, like Michael got to it before him and made sure that Jermaine was never able to get his run at the thing.
Speaker 1: That's Jermaine saying, Hey, Michael known for doing some cold shit like that. That that does seem in character to me. That was supposed to be that does. That's why I stayed.
Speaker 2: At believe it, Michael brother, you look.
Speaker 4: At but once Michael beat me to it, he made sure it would only be him.
Speaker 1: Jermaine Jackson, Listen, all he knew how to be was a dog. That's all he had.
Speaker 2: He du Yeah, Like, I mean the guy was a dog. That's that's I mean, what's your I'm talking about? Like doging away like like he was like I'm gonna be that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Quincy Jones called the Macabelian like, like, yeah, he was. He was because he was like a business sabbage.
Speaker 4: Imagine how crazy you have to be to walk into a room and then open your arms.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That's not natural.
Speaker 4: You walk into a room and you open your arms and then people swarm you.
Speaker 1: That's that's not how human beings behaved. That he was.
Speaker 4: Say God, now we can talk about what God means that it isn't. I'm not saying he is above the Lord himself, but my God, I can't do this.
Speaker 1: That's that's he.
Speaker 2: I mean, like he he created that Broyeah created that, He created that energy, Like.
Speaker 1: Is there is he the biggest star that the world had ever seen it to that point?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Over the Beatles? Yeah, I mean I think I think he did hold him out.
Speaker 2: A little bit. Yeah, I mean, but like I think if ever there was.
Speaker 4: A celebrity bigger, they were not famous because.
Speaker 1: We like them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I think Khan was a celebrity, right, but I think he really bummed people out right right right.
Speaker 1: I think they were like, fuck, I heard Genghis might be coming, y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they knew there was a bad thing on its way and they couldn't do nothing about it.
Speaker 2: God, I mean the fact that like that that video I think I think it's nineteen Mike Jackson nineteen ninety two and uh, how do you say boot crist like Chris Yeah, something like that. Yeah. Uh, and where it's like the most famous video ever this this concert where he jumps out from the stage, stands there five minutes. The crowd is screaming, screaming. He's just looking. You almost don't even know if it's actually him because he's standing so still right and he's got his shades on. And then all of a sudden, he like like three minutes later he turns his head and then another uproar happens super Bowl, like what the hell? Yeah, what are you gonna do with? Like how do you even? And people are fainting passing out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people died because of Michael Jackson. Bro. And then he just like went to bed that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like God, yeah, That's what I'm saying, Like, God, it's crazy, it's crazy like that. I mean, I don't know, I don't know any other artists I could like pull that off to where you're like, you know, I've seen some amazing concerts where people like go crazy.
Speaker 4: And I'll say this, and we do have to take a break, but I will say this, the greatest artists possibly ever are the product of Jehovah's witnesses.
Speaker 1: We've we've talked about that on here before. We have talked about that on here before.
Speaker 2: They they cook. I got it.
Speaker 1: I think they got something. They got it. I think they got something pretty good going.
Speaker 4: On, Prince, just statistically, and I'm not gonna era out other names that I know necessarily, but there there there are quite a few.
Speaker 2: We can we go to break before we get too far into this.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, we're gonna take a break.
Speaker 2: No, she tried to save us, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: All Right, We're gonna take a break. More Shapelle, lazy more, my mama told me.
Speaker 10: But we're gonna do disrespectfully otherwise will end in a duel, and I mean a duel, real life duel where only one person walks away. We can meet with guns, bottles, knives or books and equations, but we're going to do this like man, So get.
Speaker 2: Ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: We're all back. Welcome back to my Mama told me, oh yeah, oh yeah, absolutely, and Bottles is maybe the craziest one of all those.
Speaker 2: What movie is that?
Speaker 1: That's not Oh no, no, no, that's right, brother, that's them just talking.
Speaker 4: Nobody else wrote that monologue that was of his own creation. You would think, no, it felt like it, brother, that you're confusing one genius with another genius.
Speaker 1: They are both geniuses.
Speaker 2: Damn. I guess I just accepted.
Speaker 1: I bought this bottle to this equation fight. Yeah right, I got all these books.
Speaker 2: He's got guns.
Speaker 1: I'd never considered that they would have guns. That an equation fight, not an equation equation fight.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Likeston did some research. We did.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the possibout ability that Michael Jackson was assassinated, and one of the things that you talked about was his ownership of Sony that like, he had a major stock in Sony, had an active beef with Sony on multiple occasions, and that beef actually left him in a situation where I think he sold his share or his assets in Sony eight or whatever it was called, for one point two billion dollars to them. It sounds like Sonny buy's steake in Michael Jackson catalog valuing rights over one point two billion dollars. Oh but no, this is in twenty twenty four that his estate sells the rights. Yeah, that they they they acquire it. They bought it basically for one point two billion dollars. But up to that point he had essentially one point two billion dollars worth of some shit that they wanted.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And then as estate sold it, people sold it. Yeah, the estate.
Speaker 4: Finally, the deal, which is likely worth at least six hundred million, includes half of the Late Stars publishing and recorded Masters.
Speaker 2: His stuff too.
Speaker 4: It's valued at that one point two billion, and they're saying it's probably going to sell for or at the time was probably going to sell for six hundred million.
Speaker 2: Oh got it, got it.
Speaker 1: So they get the getting it for cheap.
Speaker 4: Basically this thing that they know is worth more than one point two billion dollars.
Speaker 2: I know that's I was literally thinking that. I was like, why do I feel like one point two is like like light, like it feels light. And then.
Speaker 1: And then they cut in half. They've only paid six hundred million. That's why you need the dog around.
Speaker 2: You need a dog, You need it.
Speaker 1: Joseph.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. True.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to go back to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, you need.
Speaker 1: Because at that point money is just an idea and money is just power.
Speaker 4: And I think that's what Michael was able to do the entire time he was alive.
Speaker 2: You'll say no, but you know, then to bring into like the newer age or whatever. It's like, uh, trying to make this all I kind of tie it a little bit together. But like when Taylor Swift and I think it was like her first four or five albums or whatever it was like, and like she wasn't getting the masters or anything to that, she just went re recorded it Taylor's version, right, Yeah, she went re recorded it and told her fans not to listen to the old ones and to listen to the new ones, which I think is a very gangster move because because here's the thing, here's the thing that like people don't like. I think so many people don't like. Sometimes they make us forget that we have the audience. They don't know who you are. They don't know who you are in the building, they don't know who you are behind the desk. They know who I am. And if I say do this, you know they like me. So much and they funded me so much. Say I've earned these uh this audience trusts they're going to do that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got I got thirty barbarians ready to move.
Speaker 2: Let me just let me just I mean, but like, imagine if Michael did something like that, oh like to where he could just change up the game and be like, all right, I got you and I do for him. I would still kill for him.
Speaker 4: And I do think that if I represent a corporation, a giant organization that cannot control the way that my music is consumed and could be all threatened by a dude who hates my guts, maybe I want you dead. Yeah, maybe I want you accused of crimes that that maybe you do commit. But now I'm making it public because that was a ditty shit, right is Like Diddy has been on this misbehavior tour for a lifetime, but it wasn't until supposedly he got in bad blood with the owners of Surak and sort of refused to play ball on some shit that they wanted to do with that larger sort of umbrella company that then finally people went all right, well, if you ain't gonna play with us, now people are going to know how you move. Now people are gonna start seeing videos and hearing your business and.
Speaker 1: Say, that's kind of what happened with that Drake shit too.
Speaker 4: I think mad crazy, and I think the dangerous thing we would do is go like that absolves these individuals of whatever they did.
Speaker 1: That's not really it was what's like the specifics of it he was about. He was it was like a two million dollar deal right with Universal. I do know that I put it out there now, I didn't know it as well as I thought. But the timing of it, the timing of it, of the whole takedown was also.
Speaker 2: So your springboarding, all the timing of things of like blah blah blah. But I but I but I I think I've always heard that like did he was kind of like a no.
Speaker 1: I think it was a quiet secret for sure.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that that there's a reason that suddenly the law is getting enforced around him in a way that it wasn't that it was the fact that you're able to be like, oh my whole life.
Speaker 1: I heard he was kind of a while dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it means that like so did the so did the cops they chose when they were r Kelly. Yeah, the girl that he peed on went to my high school. Man, it wasn't bro it wasn't. This wasn't like a secret at all.
Speaker 2: I know, I know like that I remember being a kid. I'm not hearing about him being on but like we just kind of like.
Speaker 1: Wanted to see.
Speaker 2: Out loud dog.
Speaker 4: Beyond that, if you wanted to see R. Kelly, go to rock and roll McDonald's on a Saturday and you a team will be there where he is also trying to find teens. It was just understood like Robert Kelly likes to hang out at the rock and roll McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Where teams be at in the in the epicenter of downtown.
Speaker 2: So so so what do you what do you think it was with him as far as like was there something with his music as far as well they're like all right, R Kelly, now we're gonna get you. Yeah, like what was the timing on? Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I don't know enough about like the way that that his music deals and contracts and all this stuff work, but I do know that for a long time he represented a big, big money grab in the industry.
Speaker 1: He wrote music for.
Speaker 4: Mariah Carey, Celean Dion there he was.
Speaker 2: Did you get your shots? Come on? Would you see? That's when I think they went.
Speaker 1: He's singing about sex trafficking.
Speaker 2: Maybe we got to stop.
Speaker 11: It's my favoriteport.
Speaker 4: Girl, Would you like to come back with drop to an ABC.
Speaker 1: At one point he was calling himself the pied piper he was and our faces wearing Zoro mats.
Speaker 4: And I think that everybody was fine with that so long as their pockets were lined a certain way.
Speaker 1: And I think at some.
Speaker 4: Point the wrong people And now R Kelly is especially dumb, and he was documenting himself on hard VHS's like, I think there's a.
Speaker 2: Level these cans just be filming.
Speaker 4: I think there's a level of stupidity that that Diddy even had.
Speaker 1: You know, Diddy was.
Speaker 4: On some very savvy trafficking he was on some some other ship. R Kelly was a real dirt dog about it and made it easy for people to be like, hey man, you're in absolute monds.
Speaker 2: So these motherfuckers know what these guys are doing, and it's just like, hey, you fuck us over.
Speaker 4: I'm I think one hundred percent, yes, yeah, I mean I think that's like, especially when you reach a level of notoriety.
Speaker 1: How do you hide anything, Jason? You know what I'm saying, like, how do you hide in? How what's he doing where nobody can talk or see? You know?
Speaker 4: Jay Z did two albums with him, and one of them came after were it was like, all right, cool, you good, let's let's get back to work. Unfinished business. Oh yeah, after the Yeah, that's why it was unfinished.
Speaker 2: Same girl. Nobody.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody is like, yeah, we we just it comes up, we talk about we talk about how great she was, like she really had it, had it hear the story, Yeah, that's summer of her life.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess that is an interesting point. You always see there's this thing that like that happens when people were just like, oh, we're gonna put this out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that that absolves anybody. I don't think that these are good people that we're talking about, but I do think that like the way that we consume media has always been under the hand of someone else, truly.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's the beauty that the fact that we don't even know who these people are, and maybe that's what's good about them, and that's.
Speaker 1: Why we can't know, we can't know who they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's what That's what I'm saying, Like, that's that That's probably why works in their favor so much. It's just like they don't know who we are. You know, exactly who Michael Jackson is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know. Now I can put a button on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could just Oh the guy that changes skin tone. Yeah, trust this guy. Yeah, you trust this guy. Oh yeah, this you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, don't worry about how much money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think that also makes you makes it a lot easier for you to roll out a new artist over them or make them disappear, you know what I mean To our point about Michael Jackson's that that album with Invincible, Yeah, it's it's Hey, you are the most powerful man on a planet. They show you walk into rooms like this. Yeah, and we still have so much money and so much influence. We can make it so that not that many people fuck with it. Yeah, because you're still just one entity. They have the resources of the machine. They control everybody.
Speaker 1: It's like a conglomerate. Yeah, whatever you want to call it. Patrol over press, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: They have the whole.
Speaker 1: So like as much as you can do as one person, they still have it's still a group. They could be like write a bad review about this. Yeah, it's a group of it's a group. It's a group of protected interests.
Speaker 4: And that's why I think it's absurd that people fully deny the Illuminati. Like it's not that the Illuminati and as an organization under that title exists, but the very thought that, like the head of Sony doesn't have the head of some oil company and the head of some other company all tied in on.
Speaker 2: Hey, you got a lot of money, I got a lot of money. List and money.
Speaker 1: At some point the number is just equals to power, right, Yeah, And so it's like you have you have six point seven power, I have seven point four power. All right, Well we gotta hang out, bro, and or we hate each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And think about how you become a billionaire. The only way to become a billionaire is to diversify your portfolio to such an extent that you can be a megan millionaire in like eight different right, right, Like you have to combine into fucking voltron of like nasty ship to be able to make billionaire. Right, Michael Jackson very much had his hands in eight different things that I bet the head of Sony can make a phone call on and go. We don't do Michael Jackson video games no more.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I just want to be a comedian. I just want to Jos.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The thirst for power is like that'll really take you out? How to really get you out of here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean yeah, I mean it's it's just one thing that just exists in our world. And I mean, what am I going to do about it?
Speaker 1: I don't got that dog in me. I'm not even I'm not even particularly savvy for what I'm doing now.
Speaker 2: I well be a meeting.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it have to be like hold on, what does this mean?
Speaker 2: I know? So stop. So it's always fun sharing me. Yeah. So it's always fun being an outside of this ship because you're just like, oh yeah over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like, you know, I truly feel like I'm the type of person who would have got invited to the Diddy party and not knowing what happened, Yeah, I would have left like your party was cool?
Speaker 11: Ship?
Speaker 2: You know what you like? All right, David later Man, Yeah, yeah, we got the uber right here, got home, happy ship. You know I didn't.
Speaker 12: I wasn't adding value to the rest of this. And I think they know I wasn't going to go in the room. I know I wasn't gonna go in there.
Speaker 4: I will say that I do think that that is the Internet is treating it as if Diddy, like if you showed up at the party, this nigga locked the doors and you had to get fed.
Speaker 2: Think of the niggas weren't making it. Yes, they were leaving, brother. I think a lot of people were crazy.
Speaker 1: I'll be sure it was there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people were just happy to be a part of a fun evening.
Speaker 2: And then and then the light skin back in the day, he was the lightest one.
Speaker 1: I didn't get no lighter.
Speaker 2: Barge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and spirit because the barge, the barge. They yeah, they were light skinned, but they they'll they'll like fight you.
Speaker 1: They were brothers, right, They operated like a gang. Yeah they were.
Speaker 4: They were sucking Chico in and out of jail to this day. Yeah, they're committed to that. I ain't no fighter, baby, he wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Get your hands off my mink like that.
Speaker 2: He was on a whole different ways different broyh. Yeah, it's man, it's yeah, it's crazy that Like I mean, that's just the world where I'm like, you know, like that's why I said, like, you know, looking at it, I'm like, I can only tell you what I believe in what I think after that, Yeah, I mean, you got to do for yourself with with what you want, you know.
Speaker 1: And like, had you wanted to be there, you would have had the instincts to get you there.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: We don't even have the instinct you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying. They even get over there.
Speaker 1: They're like I've been working in showpingness for a long time, truly have not seen that much crazy ship as it is, it has worked for me, yeah you know what I mean. But then I know people who have seen crazier shit and I'm like, nah, I didn't even.
Speaker 2: But also like also like we're we're I mean, I feel like, I mean, you know, quote me if I'm wrong, but like you know, uh when I say, quote me from that right or let me know if I'm wrong. But I'm like, I mean, I'm such a guy like and I feel like you guys like too were like like I just be like nah to a lot of ship, Like I don't have Like there's just just nothing in me that makes me want to go let me go do that over there now. I'm just like I enjoy the things that I do. I go to concerts, I go I have fun on stage, I'll go skate whatever, I'll do that like that, Like I love having that life. Like I feel like I still feel like a normal dude. Like I don't feel like I'm like you know people. I mean there's people that want to say hi and take a picture. That's cool whatever. I'm like, yeah, yeah, you know whatever. But like I love doing the things that like I've always enjoyed doing living.
Speaker 4: Your life exactly as you chose.
Speaker 2: Because that's the thing. That's the thing, Like like all of us have a choice, Like they all had a choice. Could have been like I'm done after the judge.
Speaker 1: You gotta want to go, you gotta want to go out there. Like we talk about just having to leave the house sometimes, like we should, really we should, we should really just be going out.
Speaker 2: We gotta really alone.
Speaker 1: I don't have I don't have the taste for like what the things you gotta do to do.
Speaker 2: Listen, when I like, when I get off stage at whatever show I'm doing around town, that momentum I'm using to walk off stage leads me right to my car. Man, Like I'm like, last time I saw you, you were in your car leaving the comedy store. I get off, get off stage, and I leave, you know, because there's just something I think. It's like, Okay, this is this is why I like to ship there. There's I saw in an interview, Donald Glover said something that was so dope. He goes, uh. He says something like like when you wake up, when when you first wake up in the morning, that's the most one you like before anything else, Like you waking up in the morning. It's like you and I and I thought about that in like another aspect. I'm like, yeah, when I was like, when I get off stage, I get my car, I go home to like get get ready for bed, I'm like, I'm not sure Pelasi the comedian anymore. I'm just a guy that's driving home, you know, just getting ready for bed.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, everything that.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, Like this crowd was just like, oh, you know whatever, blah blah blah. Like when when I'm driving home and like you know, it's it's it's literally just exactly who I am.
Speaker 1: All that stuff stays at the club. I think that stays at the club. I think that's why sometimes hotel rooms are so weird, because it's like you'll be in the hotel room and you're just like watching Sports Center or whatever. Like I was just that ship fifteen minutes ago. Well, bro, I mean now I grabbed a sandwich. The worst time of.
Speaker 2: I try to be cool. That's what it is.
Speaker 4: The worst time of the night for me is that like two to sometimes four hour come down from the stage, where like my adrenaline is still spiked, like I'm still up here like a motherfucker, like with what's moving through my body. But my want is to sit and just present with myself and not yeah, I mean I want to fucking watch anime. I want to like get lost.
Speaker 2: I mean bullshit, talk about it, bro, But.
Speaker 4: Like I'm still like kind of buzzing while I'm fucking watching Attack on Titan. And that's not that's not like good energy.
Speaker 1: That just happened to me. That just happened to me. Saturday night, I was just in the condo in New Orleans and I was like yeah, yeah, and you're like because like you get older and then it's like, okay, well you can't really get drunk like you used to. You can't, like because the places you would have siphoned that when you were younger that you didn't even necessarily know, you know what, that's what was happening, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right? I think what it is for me is like like I've never had anything like this, Yeah, you know what I mean. So like when I when I think about it, I'm like, bro, like how do I protect this? Like this is like I get to like still do the ship that I like always wanted to do. I don't. I don't have to work, you know, a nine to five. I can live off this.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 2: That's fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the luckiest guy in the world.
Speaker 2: All what I feel. I feel like luckiest fuck you know what I mean. And like and even even if you have those, like you go through a weekend somewhere and it's like, hell, all right, man, They're like there's you fifteen people, you know what I mean, And You're just like, I ain't fucking fifteen people here were cool with chill. I'm in a different city. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like people, fifty people in Cleveland know me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that wasn't gonna wasn't gonna happen. Wasn't gonna happen. Bro, Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, that's why we got to throw these things out the window. That comparative man.
Speaker 2: Comparative ship really does kill you. And it's like and I think a lot of that, Like you know, I think, Yeah, Mike, Mike had a fucking massive ego, bro had Like yeah, you like to get that way, bro, you like you have to like all these guys like have like these even fifty cent. I love fifty and fifty cent cracking me the funk up. But like like he has like a massive ego to that, there's.
Speaker 1: Just a huge ego, Like speaking against him on this.
Speaker 2: Love, I'll pay, I'll pay. I'll pay you what I owe you by Monday.
Speaker 1: We respect you, Curtis.
Speaker 2: I mean I would have I would have personally taken the bullets out of Curtis myself if I could, you know what I mean, That's how I feel. That's why I Yeah, if they're like, hey, the only way, the only way Curtis can live. You gotta suck these bullets. Okay. I don't want to have the own money, so yet I don't want him to want him to make fun of me. I will definitely don't want him to please please please don't film this though, because he will use it against me. Yeah. But no, like there's just like, yeah, I think you know, and I like we all have ego. That's like you can't like get away from that. But like I try to like maintain it to where I'm like, you know, it's like, hey, you're you're not on stage anymore, bro, Well you know some people don't. Some people don't think about that. It's like, bro, you know you're not on stage right now.
Speaker 1: You know what I can't have my ego be backed by is actual money. I have to just I just have to keep it based in the quality of what I think I'm doing. Does that makes sense once I attach the commerce to it, and then that idea is I'm like, okay, that's where all that's.
Speaker 2: Where I die. Yeah, where I go.
Speaker 1: Over there and I start those are the games I'm trying to play.
Speaker 2: That's that I always think. I always think there's a thing like like naming your price. You know what I mean, it's all like what caused my prices?
Speaker 1: I just want to be good. I'm really lucky. That's all I have for me.
Speaker 4: I think I found some comfort in the price being joy and not joy. So as long as there's something that that I'll be like, yeah, that would be a fun ass time, I'll go do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm not tripping off of whether or not this is. And thankfully I have enough things that can pay my bills that I can protect stand up at least in that way where I go. If that will be fun, then I will do it.
Speaker 2: I will do it. It's nothing crazy, nothing out of pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah that yeah, I stayed. I stayed doing rooms. I get on playing to do a room because I have some other jobs. So yeah, like Dayton, Kentucky to do what's the tapes?
Speaker 2: No, No, that's in Louis fore Danon Kentucky. Has the Commonwealth?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's a fun room.
Speaker 2: Are you about to get in the old church? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Shout out to commonwealth.
Speaker 2: Shouts out commonwealth.
Speaker 1: Hear you all say this. You have a good time. You have a great time, and it's weird. You're like you how close Cincinnati is to Kentucky so close.
Speaker 2: Also Dayton, Kentucky, I got not the most fun city to be in, but just just hop across, you know, home across that bridge over a little bit more fun.
Speaker 1: I got you. There's just it's just so small. It's just so small.
Speaker 2: But uh oh yeah, Like Bro, I love going out there and doing those rooms. Like Mike, why did you go out and do a small room? Michael?
Speaker 1: Come on, I think people literally would have shipped themselves and they would have burned the building down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael in an intimate room.
Speaker 1: Bro, I don't think it never, if it ever happened, think about that that.
Speaker 4: I think I think it would have been irresponsible for him to go into a small room.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: Like Bro, I did some ship with Will Smith one time, and they were like the casino was like, we can't have him on the floor. We can't insure it. And this was before.
Speaker 2: Sure Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: They were like we can't handle the insurance. And this was before Red Table talk ship. Yeah, this is like it's like six seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They were like like, so we had to like we he had to come in the back, and then we did. We shot some stuff, and then they shut down a top golf and we shot some stuff and then we all had to go to his hotel room No Diddy, and we shot some stuff. Could not be on the casino floor, wow, because he just yeah, yeah, so what like with Michael, there was no there's no opportunity for him to do it. There's no you can't even get It's like it's not safe for the room.
Speaker 2: For Prince to do it, it would have to be like a straight up secret. Yeah. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean Prince did smaller rooms towards the end, because I remember I wanted to go see him at Slims in San Francisco the year before he died, and it was but it was like tickets were it's expensive as fuck and Slims isn't small.
Speaker 4: I also think Prince by a certain point had done a lot to like change the way that people treated his celebrity like he he very intentionally was like, I don't I don't if he's gonna be God, I don't want to compete with God in that way. I'm gonna find a different way to play this where I am like a mysterious sort of like shadow of a man. And so it's there was you could see Prince in a small room because that was part of his lore.
Speaker 1: But he protects it to this day. Right, that documentary didn't come out, It never is gonna come out. They were gonna make like a sup They did make it.
Speaker 4: They did make a super in depth Prince document Like the law around it is is that it's the greatest documentary ever created.
Speaker 1: That like it is.
Speaker 4: It is supposed to be like a miracle of a revelation for like how you understand him, but then also like human relationships and like how we can all kind of like embody the greatness that is this man. It like it is supposed to be like life change and ship and legal battle whatever whatever Netflix candidate, it's never going to exist.
Speaker 2: Wow damn see that. See that hurts me more than like then, like we're not releasing Jackie on NASA's dress until you get the dress.
Speaker 4: And we do have that recorded you say that we caught it on that camera and in the wide See.
Speaker 2: This is and this is why let me ask you this, like like how I guess this is like odd question because like this, I mean it's not too odd for us, but like based off what we do you know, we're stand ups like and and sometimes, like like I said, I think you don't know when it like like happens, like when it happens for you, because it's like it's literally I feel like it's kind of like out of nowhere, like I mean, we put the energy out there, like like just just more so recently, like you know, I'm only saying this to the fucking I hate even saying this. Just recently I got over the hump of like now I'm like selling out shows. Yeah, but like like I didn't know like when that was coming, Like I'm just like doing the things that like literally all of us, you know what I mean. So like I guess like like how my question is is like how famous would you want to be?
Speaker 4: I think not much more than I think we all say that we.
Speaker 2: All say, but a lot of times you can't. You can't control get.
Speaker 1: Stressed though, like you've seen it. I'd be getting really stressed about exposure in that way.
Speaker 2: But so like there might be something today or tomorrow for next week that just fucking yeah, all of a sudden, David Borie is like, you want yourself more night, said the Wiltern. You you want yourself to.
Speaker 1: Be open to that, and I would like take the opportunity as it came. But like, am I like freaking out about it not happening tomorrow? No, because I know that I get like I get a high level like even on this. Sometimes we'll do some shit and I'll talk to Langston and.
Speaker 2: Be like, oh, no, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's like, so it's like if I have to be real on what I think I could handle for an and you obviously you you rise to it or whatever.
Speaker 4: I think the scary part of celebrity is that we don't get to control the stopping point. Yeah that's I think. I one hundred percent do not envision myself in any way close to whatever these two have going on. That is not everyone want decile that's beautiful, that's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: A little for that, I just.
Speaker 1: Wonder I want people to mention my name and everybody laughs.
Speaker 2: A little bit, but you know you know what I mean. Yeah, like, but we don't get to pick. But like, so like this is this is who like one of my favorites, and like I feel like controlling their celebrity and their situation is Kendrick. I love the way that the guy will just fucking be quiet well you know, like for for you know, because what he came up with damn in twenty seventeen, and then mister Moraud not until two or something. It was like five years later or whatever. Like you didn't hear anything of them, you know what I mean. It's why and people and then people like still respect that. Like, oh, I can't remember who was telling me about it? Fuck who I remember? Oh it was Chris Riggins was telling me. Ye shouted to Riggins. Bro. He was saying, like when he was on tour with with Dave Dave Chappelle or whatever, and uh, they one night they went to Kindrick concert, right, and they said he said his green room is literally no one in there, like yeah, Like I was like, damn, yeah, I'm very ken. Yeah. I like that. And another person another person that I like admire with like and in the controlling of their celebrity, and that is also a comedian, Daniel Tosh. I love the way he does it. Bro like about him exactly and like meanwhile, Daniel just like does his fucking thing he and and like the guy sells out theaters. The guy sells out theaters and he also has a residency in Vegas, I believe. And meanwhile, you don't know anything about him. He just you can't associate him with any type of like you know, Austin, New York, l A. You can't really associate him with anything other than just like Daniel Tosh, you even know, I don't even know who fucking opens for him.
Speaker 1: Pre pandemic eye opened. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And it is that like he is real like quiet about his ship. He goes and does the thing. He's got a wife, he's got a family. Yeah, he just kind of does. He surfs every day. He's like really on his own ship.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, I want like like I have a family whatever, I get to skate every morning, blah blah blah. Then I go out and I do I go on tour all that ship blah blah blah. Like and I think to put a button on it. Sony's not gonna kill us. They're looking at us like you don't even think they're looking at it looking yeah, yeah, catch someone, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I also feel like my story dude boy, he's talking ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the David boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Sierra Leonian fat immigrants, they're not.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, like what a relatable story. I wonder what they saw our bank accounts, what they would think maybe, like that's about right, right.
Speaker 1: I can't see numbers.
Speaker 2: I have never seen numbers that small. Where's the commas?
Speaker 1: Where's the one comma?
Speaker 2: I didn't know they only did one more than one to count? Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we did it. Tell the people where they can find you.
Speaker 2: What Chappelle Lacy on Everything, tickets at Chappelle Lecy dot com. Just come to a live show. That's all I asked. That's all I think we all ever ask, you know, but yeah, pretty much all that you got.
Speaker 1: Cool guy jokes eighty seven on Instagram. I don't I don't really. I don't really have ship right now. Okay, yeah, I don't really have ship. I'm doing a don't tell in January. I don't think people even come to those though, right, Yeah. I think they'll feel it, whether you puppet or not. In San Diego.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you feeling one. Yeah, I'm filming one. Oh yeah, bro, Yeah, it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: You're gonna kill it there, You're gonna kill it.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Uh, you can follow me at Langston Kerman.
Speaker 2: Weird guys. Oh, we're happy for you. Yeah, you're gonna You're gonna do great things. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Sony's gonna kill me and Sony is gonna kill you. Uh.
Speaker 4: Follow me at lengths and Kerman on all social media platforms. I got some new UH dates in the in twenty twenty six for the aspiring Debtbeat Tour.
Speaker 1: UH.
Speaker 4: You can get those tickets at Langston Kerman dot com. I'm hitting I'm hitting some cities I wasn't able to hit because of conflicts. Cleveland, We're coming back. Doctor Grin's were moving that date UH in Grand Rapids. And then there's gonna be some new UH cities coming up. So so I'll keep you updated as that comes to be. UH. And most importantly, you can follow us at at my Mama pod at gmail dot com. You can send us messages to tell us what you think of our work, good or bad.
Speaker 1: We accept it all. And you can give us a call at eight four four Little Moms.
Speaker 4: Uh. And most importantly like subscribe rate review by some merch by bitch.
Speaker 2: I feel like I just snorted cocaine or something. I'm so excited and I never did that before, for the record, for the record quarter record.
Speaker 4: My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart podcast.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Langston KRK, co hosted by David Boring, Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Joel Monique.
Speaker 4: Co produced by Bee Wayne.
Speaker 1: Edited and engineered by Justin Koff, music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Doegon Kreem.
Speaker 4: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at my Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel