Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two on this Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Coming up the popular segment in or Out. You were either in or out on a topic.
Speaker 3: You explain it again.
Speaker 2: You're either in or You're out. Eight seven seven to three. DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com Twitter handle a DP show Got something great golf season right around the corner. We've teamed up with Dormy to bring you some of the best headcovers for your driver. Handmade one hundred percent full grain top grain leathers up to sixty five percent off. You can only get them at danpatrick dot com. Limited quality quantities. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. We'll get to your phone calls coming up. Update the poll results from the first hour of the program as well some of the headlines. The Lakers beat the Mams. They don't cover. It was a nine and a half point spread. They won one oh seven ninety nine. Luca went for nineteen fifteen and twelve. Did have a good shooting night, but got the win. Got this one out of the way, but can't wait for April when hopefully Anthony Davis is able to play for the MAVs and that game will be in Dallas, NFL Combined gms and coaches, they do the media rounds yesterday and the Sons and Grizzlies combined for two hundred and ninety nine points in overtime. Sayalo to those watching on Peacock this morning, thank you for downloading the app, and our radio affiliate Fox Sports Radio iHeartRadio as well. Diana Tarassi retired. She's on the short list of greatest of all time, certainly in the modern era with how she played the game. When Kobe goes, she might have been able to play in the NBA, and I think he was being serious about that. Her attitude, her athleticism, her presence to be able to do what she did for over two decades, and she was winning here in the United States in college, in the WNBA. Overseas as well, she was playing in Russia. I think she won six European titles over there. In the Olympics she won six gold medals. So the short list of greatest of all time when it comes to women's basketball. She was fun to be around. Her attitude, like she walked in first time. I met her, She's like hey, dude, like yo smacks me and I'm like hey. It's almost like she was like, all right, let's go, let's sit down do this interview.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She walked into the room and goes, what's up, DP, Yeah, and dapped you up. And I was like, oh wow, cool, Like you guys must go way back or whatever. You're like, nas, first time I ever met her, First time I met her, what's up?
Speaker 6: DP?
Speaker 2: And I would talk to Gino Arim and he'd always say, hey, DT man DT, like he knew he had somebody that nobody else had and he was right. And Gino has had a lot of great players, But there was something about her. I mean, you could go down the list of all the great Yukon players. Tarassi to me, had a edge to her. There was a presence to her that was just different and wonderful to watch. And when you think that she was playing in the WNBA when Kitlin Clark was born, let that one sink in. You want to talk about a handoff here from Diana Tarassi to Kitlin Clark, but over twenty years playing basketball at a very high level. All right, recap the pole question for hour one setan.
Speaker 5: Our one we had up there is the NFL combine still useful?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 5: Sixty seven percent of the audience say, yes, we've got our twos from Paulie. Kyrie Irving's career has been dot dot dot.
Speaker 2: Kyrie Irving mentioned here, Yes, he quietly had a big night last night. What do you have thirty five?
Speaker 4: Man? You want to talk about an effortless thirty five? That's kind of him.
Speaker 5: He kind of has those nights in no but he really notices.
Speaker 2: And it's weird because I always think what could have been with Kyrie? Now he still has a few years left playing at a you know, a high level. But I don't I don't know how we'll look bad. I don't know how history will treat Kyrie Irving. Probably Okay, here's here's a parallel. He's kind of like Aaron Rodgers. Now, Rogers was MVP but four times, but won a Super Bowl. Kyrie won an NBA Championship by hitting the shot over Steph Curry.
Speaker 4: But you know, they're kind of enigmas.
Speaker 2: In fact, you know, his documentary was called Enigma Aaron Rodgers. They're they're polarizing. Were they great teammates? Like there's it just feels like there's a what could have been or should they have been better? Because Aaron Rodgers should have been better if you look at his postseason, even when they had home field advantage, he didn't produce. But we always hear maybe the most talented quarterback Kyrie could be the most talented player we've seen, and that includes Mike, that includes Magic or whoever you want to throw in there, Kyrie. Guys, it's one of those when you talk to NBA players or former players are like, man, Kyrie, you know, but I don't. He played what eleven games at Duke and was the number one overall pick. He could have played three games. He could have just done warm ups and probably been the number one pick. You could see it, but there's still that mystery to him of I don't know, I don't know all Star nine times. But still you're kind of like, you know, when I'm watching the game last night, it's like, all right, Kyrie, you know, you kind of forget. He went to Dallas and it didn't disappear, but he was in a big shadow there, and.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It feels unsatisfied, unfulfilled.
Speaker 7: Yes, Mark, Yeah, I think one of the most disappointing teams ever is the Brooklyn Nets team with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant, two of I don't know, put him on the short list of they have everything. Yeah, there's nothing either either one of them can't do, and they just came up short because their injuries or whatever, and they could just never put it together.
Speaker 6: But you say, hey, I got those two on the floor.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, that's an advantage that nobody else had, Like when you talk about duos, when you have those two and that's a decided advantage.
Speaker 4: But they could never get over the top.
Speaker 2: Now you could say, you know, then Durant's foots on the line and doesn't get credit for three. I understand all of those things. Kyrie did hit one of the biggest shots in NBA history. They ran a design play for him to go against Steph Curry and he hits the jump. I just I don't know if we're going to look back, I think it'll be more of a curiosity, and it really should be. This is going to sound strange, but a reminder to John Morant be more, don't just be what you are, be more, And I know that that won't sink in, but don't be that guy who Oh yeah, man, he had talent, and that's what we'll say. Kyrie Golley as good at ball handler as we've ever seen, great in traffic, you know, right hand, left hand, he could do it all like he was an undersized shooting guard. But these younger players don't just be one of those wow, like you know, curiosity, be great like Zion Williamson. When it's all said and done, we'll go, eh, he had his moments there. Wow, you should have seen him at Duke Man. He had a good month.
Speaker 4: I I don't know, Oh it's.
Speaker 2: There, But learn from the greats who weren't satisfied with just being great.
Speaker 4: They wanted to be all timers. And I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Kyrie has so many different interests and maybe it wasn't that important to him, like you know, for me, I can't understand it. God, do you have that much talent? Like I just I'd kill for that. But maybe because he's got all that talent, it just came natural to him and not that he does it work.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just think will be he'll be a curiosity. I think he'll be an almoster. He'll be an almoster where he goes. He top twenty five, top thirty, he's not going to have the numbers. And he has one championship. If he gets another one don't. Yeah, Mark, it's.
Speaker 7: It's weird because I can't put my finger on what the issue was, because to me, I would never question his dedication. You can't dribble the ball that well and not be dedicated to the game. You cannot the left hand, right hand that level of skill. Him and Kevin Durant, those two guys, I will never question whether they're committed to being great basketball players. To me, those two guys were just almost like like mercenaries, Like, you know, I'm just here to play, you know, Kevin Durant be a leader, leader man, I just want to hoop.
Speaker 2: No, But I think Durant is truly a basketball player. I don't think Kyrie is. I think Kyrie is great at being a basketball player.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like when I ask Andrew Luck were you a football player or were you really good at playing football? Durant just loves to play ball. I don't know if Kyrie that's the most important thing to him, And maybe it's not. And look, it's not up to me to you know, project and say you need to be I just I see greatness. I've been around greatness for a long, long, long time. And you see the difference guys make each year they add, they graduate, they get better, they're at a different level. And Kyrie has been this like for as long as I can remember. I just remember, it's Kyrie and we say the same we say the same stuff every single time. He might be the most talented player in the NBA. He's got the best handle in the NBA. Like, what's missing?
Speaker 6: I don't know?
Speaker 5: Is he a competitor? Does he want to go out there and crush you? Is there something missing though?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know, that's the that's the big question I think I'll probably always have is. And I've read articles about him with people close to him with quotes, and I don't know if that's who he is, that hey, I want to go out there. You know, Mike and Isaiah Byrd Matt they wanted to crush you, but Kareem didn't. I don't think Kareem wanted to crush you. I just think he was a great basketball player. And once again, there's nothing wrong with that, But there's certain players where it just it feels like it means more to them their identity, like I have to win. You know, we questioned Lebron's drawing. He wasn't Mike, he didn't want to kill you. Well, here he is twenty two years later, still playing at a high level. You know, maybe Kyrie's not wired that way. But I think I'll always look at his career, look back and go what could have been or should have been with him, same way I do Aaron Rodgers, what could have been?
Speaker 6: Should have been?
Speaker 4: Yeah, pong.
Speaker 3: Remember there was about a six or seven year window when Dwayne Wade was the best combo guard in the league, and he was awesome. He's flying around, averaging thirty, doing everything. It feels like Kyrie never got to that height where it's like that is the best garden basketball and there's no debate, and you want to see him where it's his team and everything works around him. Kyrie had seasons where average twenty seven, but like you said, it didn't feel it didn't feel like Dwayne Wade's twenty seven.
Speaker 2: It didn't feel threatening, it felt entertaining. Dwayne Wade felt threatening. If I'm going against him. He threatened me, but Kyrie I was just kind of entertained vibe. Although in that series against Golden State, I mean, that was big time basketball. Cannot argue one of the biggest plays in NBA history. He could do it. I just don't know how important it was, and he won the finals. MVP, Yes, Marsh.
Speaker 7: But the thing is, you say that they just got to the finals last year with Kyrie and Luca. Kyrie was going all I know, and it's hard because he's in a big shadow. Kyrie when successful, was always been in a big shadow with Lebron obviously enormous shadow. But they don't win that without Kyrie. Remember Game five forty one points, it was forty one forty one. They were playing a lot of your turn, My turn, I know, and poor Steph Curry was on skates.
Speaker 6: You couldn't do anything with him.
Speaker 7: So I get it, but it was one of those things where I'm going to disagree as far as that level of skill, because there's nothing genetic that makes him superior to somebody in front of him. He's six two maybe, and he's doing all this stuff that most guards besides outside of Isaiah Thomas, Tim Hardaway can do.
Speaker 6: Not even they could do what Kyrie could do.
Speaker 2: It's just a curiosity. I think he's a curiosity. I'm fascinating. There's a fascination to him. But do I want him on my team? I don't do. I like watching him, yes, but I don't know. I don't know what he gives you more than he'll give you numbers. But I think there's so much more. And I'm nedpicking here, but we're talking about one of the greatest talents of all time. Well, what's the first thing you're going to say? How accomplished was he? What's he known for? I mean he could be known for COVID, he could be known for bouncing around, he could be known I mean, at that shot, he could be just like Aaron Rodgers. So that's why I don't know. I know it's on a tangent here, but I mean it's generational talent. It truly is. And last night you just get tapped on the shoulders sometimes because I've watched the Mavericks play when he was there and I don't know he's there, but when he is there, you can't take your eyes off. He won his title at twenty four Rogers won his at twenty seven. I mean talk about if I would have said neither's going to win another title, he would have been nah, I can't imagine that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Mark, and also him asking to be traded from Cleveland a year after that hurt his career because he wanted to quote unquote his own team. And then he kind of realized, Man, I Dave like, I was so young and I thought this was always going to be the norm.
Speaker 2: Well it was his team. Lebron comes back, they win the title, he realizes it's not his team. He goes to Boston. That's a disaster. Then all of a sudden, you're going to hook up with Durant and we thought okay, and I thought they were going to the Knicks, but they they go to Brooklyn. That doesn't work out either. Then he ends up in Dallas. I don't think this is his last stop, but he's going to be a Hall of Fame player. And I thought he was great and Uncle Drew he was very good, Yeah, really good. Yeah, So let's be honestly. I mean when I think of Kyrie, I think of Uncle Drew.
Speaker 7: Yes, mar One quick thing is his jersey retired anywhere? When he's done.
Speaker 8: No, no.
Speaker 2: Where, Like you're gonna say, I guess Cleveland, because Cleveland will say, let's celebrate, we want a championship.
Speaker 5: Begrudgingly, Cleveland has to celebrate the ring they finally got with Kyrie uh ungrateful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know if you want to.
Speaker 6: I don't get.
Speaker 2: They just they just retired Andrea Goudala's Golden State. Do you remember Max Kellerman? Oh yeah no, but.
Speaker 6: What happened dude?
Speaker 2: But but Max, I think the question this might have been when steven A goes, what am I doing partnering with this guy?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: My gosh?
Speaker 4: Wait what was was it Steph curry on? Wait was it?
Speaker 7: He'd rather have Andre at Wadalas shoot the last shot than Steph Curry at my god? And then stephen A was like, I've had enough of vision.
Speaker 3: I went steven A, that one I would have walked.
Speaker 4: Give me Skip Bayless again. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was one of those where I'm gonna try really hard to give you a hot take. I'm gonna try.
Speaker 4: To compete with you, and you did. You gave me a hot take. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Those aren't hot takes. Those are fake takes. Those are crappy takes. Those are bait takes for your you want your day in the sun for any attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the time. It is attention starved.
Speaker 2: You know, it's that's what it is. But we remember those things. Yeah, kind of like when I said the Jets would go to the Super Bowl this year.
Speaker 4: I actually believed it though. That's the sad part of it. I'm like, I'll be damned.
Speaker 2: I think I was. I was high on ayahuasca. I might have been because I wanted to get fully immersed. Oh, by the way, wood he was speaking of high. Woody Harrelson joins us Friday, and I have to bring up the time that I went to his brownstone in New York with Darius Rutger and we got high. I okay, does Woody Harrelson remember that I went to his house in New York with Darius Rutger late at night and we got high. Pully, Yes, Okay, I don't know. I don't know if he will yes time Paul is.
Speaker 9: Yes, if you'll pretend to remember and say good call, good call.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll take a break. Coming up a special episode of In or Out? Are you In or You're Out? Former NFL quarterback friend of the show Ryan leave in studio to play in or.
Speaker 4: Out after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We'll get to more of your phone calls coming up. How about a pull update for hour two. Then we'll get ready to play in or out?
Speaker 5: In or out.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, let's see.
Speaker 5: Right now, we still have up there is the NFL combine useful all right, that is now ticked staying at about sixty five percent, and we're putting up there. The options for Kyrie Irving's career has been we're adding four options, okay, all of famoush lightly disappointing, both or neither.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I would say that the Hall of famish, but a little disappointing, So that would be both unfulfilled both.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I will.
Speaker 2: And I look, it's not fair to him because it's a Hall of Fame career first ballot. Is it a compliment to say you're that good, but I expected more from you, Like Aaron Rodgers' career feels like a disappointment. Not what happened with the Jets, but just from the standpoint of four MVPs won Super Bowl. The stats, completion percentage, touchdown, interception ratio, like all of that, but it feels just.
Speaker 4: A little unfulfilled. Unfulfilled.
Speaker 2: Okay, time to play the special episode of In or Out and Pauli, I'm going to have to ask you to let Ryan Leaf take your seat. You're good friends with Ryan, so you should sacrifice your seat. Now this is kind of a last minute, you know, yeah, special guest contestant for In or Out? So if you'll let Ryan sit in your seat, glad to and then seatan would you like to Are you capable of hosting In or Out?
Speaker 5: Am I capable of handling such a complex?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Matter, I'll give it my best shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paulie, do you have any tips for seating?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of them, but I'll start with as bar Barker said to Drew Carey, if you're having fun, they're having fun.
Speaker 2: Oh he did say that, so he could have said that to me if I had taken over that job. Dan, if you're having fun, they're having fun. Say hello to Ryan Leaf, who joins us here in m man An Cato, who.
Speaker 11: Hell everybody again? Here to get my car serviced, and thought I'd stop buying, just hang out, and then I get roped into being a broadcaster with you.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's do it. Well, you don't have to, I mean, I know, but you're my friend.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't want to put you on this spot.
Speaker 11: Well, I had luckily, I got the notes beforehand what they were, so I can't okay, so I could be prepared and not just some you know dunce who showed back up from the beach and said, oh, yeah, I know what's going on in football.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Seaton, you are the host of In or Out? Okay, So what does that mean that I do right now?
Speaker 5: Okay, I got you. Okay, let's see question number one. Miles Garrett will not be a Cleveland Brown next season? Are you in or out on that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Todd?
Speaker 5: Why don't we start with you?
Speaker 12: I am in that he will not be a Cleveland Brown next York.
Speaker 5: In that he will not, all right, Marvin, I am in in, in in he'll be in Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Oh so that means you're out, You're out? You're out?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, Dan, I am out.
Speaker 4: I think he'll still be in Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 4: Ryan, I am in.
Speaker 11: I believe listening to the general manager Barry the other day really talk about it Adam about how he wants him there, the culture and everything like that. There is going to be a team that actually overreaches with picks and everything that they can possibly get back from that debacle of Deshaun Watson in some way, shape or form and start building again. So I would suspect Miles Garrett will be out of Cleveland.
Speaker 6: So I'm in on that.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Well let's see why don't we stick with Cleveland? And there are many issues. Deshaun Watson's football career is over. Are you in or out on that?
Speaker 12: Todd In, I think he's done.
Speaker 11: Marvin In, he's out de Pizzle and I'm in any as well. Though I do think it should be specific around being a starter.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 11: Think that someone out there may give him a shot to be a backup. That's the only thing that would I even got a chance of being a backup.
Speaker 2: You know, so you weren't accused of what he was. True, you did go to jail. He hasn't gone to jail yet.
Speaker 6: That's ironic.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marvin DP.
Speaker 7: This is in or out. Ryan Leap has given US football analysis that's not.
Speaker 11: There's an association that that could be paralleled in a way that went.
Speaker 6: Why why is that so?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Next Seaton?
Speaker 5: All right, next question, The Tennessee Titans should trade down and get picks. Inner out, Todd.
Speaker 12: I am in on that. I think they need to go get a bunch of picks.
Speaker 6: All right, Marvin, I'm in they need a lot.
Speaker 2: Dp best player in the draft is right there, most talented player in Travis Hunter. Go get him and don't worry about that side of the field.
Speaker 6: Right. That's interesting.
Speaker 11: I'm I'm trading I'm I'm in on the trading down, but only trading down so far to get who I think the best player in this year's draft is, and that's Abdual Carter. I think he's an edge rusher that is in the vein of Micah Parsons who can make a real difference on that defense. But you have to make sure you get him. So you go out and you dangle that first pick to somebody that is just freakishly living in Fomo and needs a quarterback or do something silly, but make sure you get Abdul Carter in the picks.
Speaker 6: That you need.
Speaker 5: Let's see next question. I have no doubt that Shador Sanders will be a very good NFL quarterback. Very good is an interesting choice of words, Todd.
Speaker 12: I am out.
Speaker 9: I am uncertain to thee how great he's gonna be. I hope he will be great, but uncertain.
Speaker 5: So out, Marvin, Ami, you have no doubt he will be a very good quarterback?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 11: I mean, okay, Dan, I'm out. I mean, there is only one answer, and that's out. Marvin. Come on, I mean, you don't know anything. We have no way to know that. You know what if he goes to Cleveland.
Speaker 6: I was in. I thought peyton Man was going to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. What about me? Oh, I'm sorry? What did you think of me? When I was coming out?
Speaker 2: We played, when we played in or out, and I said to you, Ryan Leeve will be a very good NFL quarterback.
Speaker 4: Everybody was out on that.
Speaker 6: I think I think I think everybody.
Speaker 11: Was in on that. That's the reason why I went right. Yeah, So that's the whole point. That's the whole point is that no one knows, okay, how this is going to play out.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: We were all in on Ryan being a very good quarter y. Yes, okay, you should have been out.
Speaker 5: Dion Sanders will not allow his son to be drafted by the Browns.
Speaker 6: In or out.
Speaker 4: Todd, I am in.
Speaker 9: I think Dean will be very involved with where she door goes, and I don't think he wants him going to Cleveland.
Speaker 6: Marvin, I'm with Todd completely.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dan, I'm in.
Speaker 6: I'm out.
Speaker 11: I Uh, Deang doesn't have any leverage in this. The whoever wants to draft him is gonna draft him.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: As much as he may believe he has it, he doesn't when it comes to this. Otherwise a lot of people would have done.
Speaker 6: He's not. He's not the Mannings.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry Matthew Stafford should take less to finish his career with the Rams.
Speaker 6: In or out.
Speaker 12: Todd, I'm going to be in on that.
Speaker 9: Stay with a really good team that can go places he doesn't need. He's making plenty of money. He can take a little discount and he'll still be fine financially.
Speaker 6: Marvin, I mean, stay with a good team and stay in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: I'm into a certain degree of how much are they going to pay you? I think I think you gotta maybe meet halfway, because it's weird that you get move on from Matthew Stafford and then you're gonna need a quarterback that count.
Speaker 4: They're ready to win now that defense is young and good.
Speaker 2: You got Pooka Nakua, You're gonna get rid of Cooper Cup.
Speaker 4: You still have a good running back. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It feels like you've got a window here of a couple of years that you can You are a couple of plays away from going to the NFC title Game. So I would figure out how to make Matthew Stafford work. Not only going to the NFC tod game but hosting it. That's a big deal and people forget that if it's not snowing, they probably don't fumble those two times. That's not much different football game against the Eagles, who would go on and dominate in the Super Bowl. So I'm I'm out on this one. He should be paid as a top five quarterback if that's what you expect him to be. What are the La Rams going to do without a quarterback? This was the guy they went after and got to win a Super Bowl. So yeah, you have to find a way whether to meet in the middle, like Dan says, or just simply pay the guy because that's what it's worth.
Speaker 11: If it's a two year deal, these two years are the exact opportunity to win another championship.
Speaker 5: All right, last question. If I was on the competition committee, I would vote to eliminate pushing ball carriers aka the tush push, the push tush, the brotherly shoved.
Speaker 9: I am in let's stop the tush push. Let them get in on their own that other players pushing or pulling them in.
Speaker 6: Marvin, I mean, I hate that play.
Speaker 4: I'm out.
Speaker 2: I mean, unless you know, kind of modify this, tweak it a little bit. It's a football play. Everybody everybody can run this same play. The Eagles just do it better than everybody else. That's the best point. I'm out on this. It's a football play. It's the epitome of a football play. Get lower, get leverage, beat them. You can't do it, so you want to ban it.
Speaker 11: And the fact that it's Philadelphia is a big reason why to watching them hold the Lombardi Trophy and do what they do so well.
Speaker 6: You know, when when.
Speaker 11: Jalen Hurts gets at the one inch yard line, the one yard line in any aspect, of things. They're in for a touchdown period, you're getting seven. So yeah, if I'm on the competition committee, I think that is the lamest thing that I could see is watch the NFL ban this next year.
Speaker 2: All you have to do is take away the guy behind a quarterback. I'm on repeat on this that you don't have that. If I just said the Eagles are gonna line up for a quarterback sneak with nobody behind Jalen Hurts pushing him, They're still going to be extremely successful. And then what are we going to eliminate the quarterback sneak?
Speaker 6: That's quarterback sneak was so important for so many of us.
Speaker 4: Well, Tom Brady, oh, he was so good at Tom Brady mastered that.
Speaker 6: Mastered it. I was very good at it.
Speaker 11: Not only that I was big, but I was able to get to the right gap so many of the times and made it so easy for me to do it.
Speaker 6: So I also wasn't afraid of you know, I wasn't.
Speaker 11: I didn't like I didn't mind the contact. Let's go get let's go get bloody, let's go get dirty a little bit here.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 4: We've done it.
Speaker 2: That is in or l really seeing you did wonderful job postings. Yeah, just in case if Pauli can't you know he's not able to complete his duties, that you will be.
Speaker 4: Here to be the host of it. Those are huge shoes to step up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we'll take a break. How about a round of applause again for Ryan Lee contention? Yeah he did it, he did I try.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll take a break. We'll get phone calls coming up. We're back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: Tire rack dot com the official tire expert of the show. You can go to ti iraq dot com. You'll see the full lineup of fires to entire special offers, free Roadhanzard Protection, Mobile tire installation, tirac dot com The way tire buying should be. I watched some of the Duke game against Miami. God, Miami is terrible. They are The Hurricanes are terrible, no effort, no structure, and I know they're losing their great coach, Jim Laernego. But I think the assistant coach on John Shire's staff is expected to take over the Miami job. You might want to reconsider after watching that last night, But Duke's going to have three of the top ten to twelve picks in the draft. And what I love about what they do, and there's a lot to love. They make the extra pass. They're really really good. And it starts with Cooper Flag because that's the guy you would think, Hey, I need my touches. And Jim Beheim has talked about Cooper Flag and he did make the comparison. He says bird like, I know, bird like, and then goes on to say, well, he's more athletic than Larry and he's you know, start talking about all the things that Larry wasn't.
Speaker 4: But he's not Larry Bird.
Speaker 2: He's a talented player, got attitude, runs the floor, he'll work on a shot.
Speaker 4: There's an edge to him.
Speaker 2: But how weird great interesting would it be if he said, you know, I really like Duke. I'm going to stay here one more year. If I had the Whizzards staring at me because you're going into basketball purgatory, you're gonna put up points and you're gonna go, hey, he's averaging, you know, sixteen and eight for the Wizards.
Speaker 4: You go to Utah.
Speaker 2: Maybe you have some confidence in Danny Ainge that they'll build around you and Laurie Markinen.
Speaker 4: New Orleans. We keep we waited for New Orleans.
Speaker 2: We thought, we thought, okay, this is this is the year, and then it's it's not the year. But if you're Cooper Flagg, do you go Do I roll the dice or do I want to go and be a wizard? What if the Spurs end up winning the lottery? Oh boy, the NBA, you know, the fan base would be revolting, like the Spurs want a lottery again? Yeah, po Cooper Flag?
Speaker 3: Can we do a different player? Comp like Paul George? An all purpose, tall small forward. He doesn't shoot like Paul George. Okay, doesn't shoot like Larry Bird.
Speaker 2: No, for God's sakes, Yeah, I don't like an all purpose.
Speaker 3: Undefinable, positionless guy like Paul George.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: I still don't know if he's a guard or a forward, but ain't not much this year. Yeah he's neither. Yeah, he's not a buckets guy like Paul George was. I don't know who you compare him to.
Speaker 4: That Tom Googly.
Speaker 3: I just don't do it.
Speaker 2: No, no, but if former you know acc guy at NC State, Christian Layton, you may have to say, no, no, he's a better he's a better athlete than Christian.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I wasn't being I was being facetious completely.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no, no, he's unlike I would say, unlike anything I've ever seen. But he's not like those guys. He's an inside out, but he's not a great shooter, but he's a super duper athlete. I'm not even sure who to compare him to. Maybe maybe a Scottie, maybe a Scottie Pippin type where you're not a great shooter but.
Speaker 6: You can play multiple positions.
Speaker 4: I don't know. This always gets stained.
Speaker 3: We can go European, we go debt with shrimp if you want just to hybrid it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it gets dangerous when you do the player. Well, we should wait until you know there's a mock draft and we'll get the comps they usually do. Those comps reminds us of scouts of or coaches of.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mark, it.
Speaker 7: Is wild whenever you do the player comps and they're like, oh man, he's just like name white ball player, like you don't have like you don't have to. That's Payton Pritchard. He's small or hey ma TJ. McConnell, they're small in their space. They went to Arizona and Oregon. I guarantee you one of them was a McDonald's All American. I would pie to the face one of them was a McDonald's All American, easily.
Speaker 4: Who was Steve Nash compared to Bob Cousy Mark Price? No, he wasn't Mark Price.
Speaker 6: But he was white like Mark Price.
Speaker 4: Well he was white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still ye just Jack Jack can see a Canadian white. Yeah, oh that's even wider. Yes, correct, Uh, No, he wasn't Mark Price. That's different.
Speaker 3: Scott Skiles more rangey.
Speaker 4: No, because past.
Speaker 6: First passport pastors point card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know who Steve Nash would have been compared to Stockton.
Speaker 6: Yes, all low, it's all low hanging fruit. When you get to the player comps most fun thing.
Speaker 4: And then Keith van Horne he was the next Larry Bird, and I go, no, he's not.
Speaker 6: I wish they would stop playing with Larry Bird like that.
Speaker 4: I know you can't.
Speaker 6: You don't do that with him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they do that with Magic also all lamar odom the next magic. I said, stop it those two guys to me, don't play with those two.
Speaker 2: Uh Luke and Charlotte. Hi Luke, thanks for holding what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Hey Dan, missed you guys last week. That's my worst of the long weekend, best of the long weekend. I was able to take my pie of the face for Marvin. Tyler's got the video, so I just wanted to let you know that I paid up.
Speaker 8: On my bet.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Luke.
Speaker 2: We'll get that from Tyler and we'll show that during one of our commercial breaks. If you're watching on Peacock Noah in New York, I know.
Speaker 14: What's up DP. I have a few things, including a pie of the face for Marvin and a question for Polly if you will allow.
Speaker 15: Okay, first of all, it's been about a year and a half since you all declined my invitation to our wedding, and I know you've been losing sleep, so I just want to let you know it all went amazingly. And secondly, I know you're being nice to Fritzy now, but in the past year and a half, one story that's stuck out to me is him following a woman's car for miles.
Speaker 14: Because of something her life plate said.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I just.
Speaker 14: Want to say I feel completely justified in not inviting Chritzy for the wedding.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 14: Faith for Marv is simple. It's whoever goes further in March madness, my Arizona Wildcats or his Yukon husking.
Speaker 7: Oh that's tough because I don't trust my Yukon Huskies this year. And I never trust your Arizona team.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know they always fall for them though I'm filling out my bracket. You know this is the year that Arizona is really going to make a run.
Speaker 2: Yes, but when the expectation level is low, they could be dangerous.
Speaker 4: Marvin.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, that four seed that's when they That's when they won it last time in ninety seven. They were a four seed only team ever to beat three one seeds.
Speaker 4: Marvin, you want a piece of Noah. As a matter of fact, I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh wows well, thank you, Sorry, Noah. All of a sudden, Marvin is buying a dog. He's scared you're buying a husky. I am soft soft soft.
Speaker 4: Off Blake and Illinois h Blake. Wou's on your mind?
Speaker 16: Hey, good morning, Dan and Dan Net's first off, I wanted to say thank you Mark for not ripping me a new one when I mispronounced your name a couple of weeks ago. I definitely didn't hear that correctly, So thank you for that. I just wanted to run it by you, guys. What would you think about just instead of, you know, eliminating the toush push and just keep getting these repetitive first yard or one yard runs and stuff like that, what if we just eliminate the run within the five yard line and just make them past it and make it a little bit more competitive.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's good at all. That's more handoff, sir, or we can't you can't run the ball? Is that what you're saying, Blake, that you can't run the ball inside the fine?
Speaker 4: Oh? He hung up?
Speaker 2: Uh Fresh in Milwaukee is back? Hi Fresh some ep?
Speaker 16: Dan.
Speaker 8: It missed you guys when y'all were on vacation. Man, did I miss you guys. But talking about Kyrie, I think what's going on with these players is we want our athletes to want to win championships. It doesn't seem like Kyrie or any of these new skill athletes are into it. It's like the money is taken over. Are we at the point or will we ever get to the point in sports where the money is more important than championships.
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we're already there.
Speaker 2: I think the money is more important with owners than championships. I mean, some of these baseball teams they don't spend, but they seem to be making a lot of money. They are certain NFL teams that don't spend. I don't know if they're pining away for that championship.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't put Kyrie at all in the money is more important than championships thing. Every team he's joined, he's joined because he was trying to win, So I don't. I mean, maybe he went to the Celtics because he wanted his own team, but that was a team very much on the rise. It's not like they were a bunch of scrubs there. Then he went to the nets and put together what should have been a super team. It just didn't work out for some reason. I wouldn't put Kyrie at all in that.
Speaker 2: Final hour on the way get a new poll question, Well, head to the combine. The coaches in GM's doing their best to answer questions while not really answering questions. Final hour in this Wednesday, right after this