Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central, from.
Speaker 2: The most trusted journalists at Comedy Central's America's only sorts for news.
Speaker 3: This is the Daily Choke with your host My Gold Costas.
Speaker 4: Welcome, Welcome together.
Speaker 5: So I'm Michael Costa. We've got so much to talk about tonight. The US economy is down bad, apparently America likes guns, and Trump broke a campaign promise.
Speaker 3: So let's get into it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna comedy, I'm gonna come. Being president comes with a lot of pretty cool powers.
Speaker 3: You can write executive.
Speaker 5: Orders, you get one free checked bag on Air Force one, and even you even get an uncensored feed.
Speaker 3: Of c Span which.
Speaker 5: But for Donald Trump, the power he enjoys the most is the power to impose tariffs.
Speaker 6: Tariffs are easy, they're fast, they're efficient, and they bring fairness. We're going to bring so many things back to our country, and the thing that's going to get.
Speaker 4: Us there is tariffs.
Speaker 6: We'll take in hundreds of billions of dollars in tariffs, and we're going to make our country so strong and so rich. It will never be so rich. Tariffs. It's a beautiful word, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Tariff. It's a beautiful word.
Speaker 5: That's why I name my daughter Tiffiny. This guy's so horny for tariffs, isn't he. I love any word with big natural double f's. According to Donald Trump, tariffs are great and also on our country to be rich without any negative consequences. So let's see how he's imposed tariffs on Canada in Mexico, and let's sit back and let's watch that economy roar baby.
Speaker 7: Not Today the stock market dropping more than six hundred points.
Speaker 8: US stock markets plunged for the second day in the row.
Speaker 5: We've seen consumer confidence tank.
Speaker 9: Layoff numbers across the US are the highest they've been since twenty twenty.
Speaker 8: The R word is back, thanks in large part to tariffs.
Speaker 3: But the R word has been.
Speaker 5: Tariffs brought back the R word, So I guess I can say it.
Speaker 9: Wall Street banks are starting to raise a red flag that recession ads have become unsettlingly high, right right?
Speaker 3: That our word? Of course, That's that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: I can be such a recession sometimes, by the way, is recession an our word?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: Who thinks the word recession is offensive? Finance bros? Did they get woke before we discuss the impending our word. We begin by acknowledging that we are on the ancestral grounds of capital grill where Chad was unjustly removed by the bartender before he could get a chance to cheat on his wife's sub Chad. So basically, Trump said the tariffs are going to be a quick and painless way to get rich. And now that it turns out we're not all shitting gold, Republicans have moved into their new talking point.
Speaker 3: Hey, nobody said this was going to be easy.
Speaker 5: Trust the process will.
Speaker 6: There'll be a little disturbance, but we're okay with that.
Speaker 3: There's going to be a little bit of pain going into this.
Speaker 10: It is going to be painful, and if I have to pay a little bit more for something, I'm all for it.
Speaker 2: We're going to have to suffer through some bad news.
Speaker 4: There's going to be a short period of time where there'll be some higher prices on certain products. It's not inflation. That's nonsense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, nonsense. It's not inflation, people, It's just higher prices on food and cars and gas and every other product we can pour from our biggest trading partners. But do you know what we might be in for some hard times? But tariffs are Donald Trump's whole thing. And if there's one thing I know about Donald Trump, he's a man who sticks to his guns.
Speaker 3: Huh, breaking news in to see and President Trump's officially delayed tariffs on Mexico and Canada.
Speaker 5: Boo, after all that tariffs are now on hold. Trump just backed away from those tariffs like it was a long time friendship with Jeffrey Epstein. So so tariffs are on, they're delayed, they're off. Who knows if they'll come back or when or for how long. Look, I'm not a big business guy, but quick question, does anyone know if businesses need to make decisions more than four hours in advance? So it appears the only silver lining in this pointless trade war is that at least we're only fighting with Canada and Mexico. You know, if you're gonna pick a fight, pick a fight with two sissy countries, you can beat right right right.
Speaker 4: The Chinese embassy of the US, tweeting earlier.
Speaker 5: This week, quote, if war is what the US wants.
Speaker 11: Be it a tariff war, a trade war, or any other type of war, We're ready to fight to the end.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, China, China, don't play. They're like, if you got beef, we got broccoli. Bitch, let's go listen, Donald, Canada and Mexico are one thing.
Speaker 3: But please don't piss off China.
Speaker 5: I know you wrote the art of the deal, but they wrote the art of war. And I think a trade war with China might lead to at best a devastating economic depression or at worst nuclear destruction of our most of American cities, or, as Trump might.
Speaker 4: Say, may there'll be a little disturbance.
Speaker 12: Hell.
Speaker 5: Look for more on Trump's tariff policy and it's economic effects, we go live to the White House with Josh Johnson.
Speaker 13: Josh, what exactly, what exactly is going on with these tariffs costa.
Speaker 10: This is nothing we haven't seen before. These economic decisions are smart. So everyone should stop.
Speaker 3: Throwing around the R word, oh, recession.
Speaker 10: Okay, everybody should stop.
Speaker 4: Throwing around both our words.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 10: In fact, these tariffs are going to help out all my in words, you're you're my net gains costa.
Speaker 5: Right, of course, your net gains ay.
Speaker 10: Ay, you're not an economist.
Speaker 4: That's not your word to say.
Speaker 10: Okay, The point is these tariffs are necessary. I've been talking to President Trump, and I can speak exactly to his intentions on tars. I mean, come on, y'all heard Donald Trump. He said during the campaign, We're doing this. It's an economic street fight. So you better get on board because the pain is worth it to bring back manufacturing, even if it leads to higher prices. We are not backing down, okay, but the.
Speaker 5: American people don't like higher prices.
Speaker 4: Then forget the whole thing. Tariffs all all right.
Speaker 10: I don't even know who suggested it, Trump did.
Speaker 5: He said they're necessary to bring back America's economy.
Speaker 10: And they are, which is why they're back on.
Speaker 5: So we are doing tariffs, damn right, we are.
Speaker 10: I scared shit.
Speaker 3: Not even more expensive housing.
Speaker 5: Tariffs are all okay, but that will increase the trade deficit. On again, but what about the price of breakfast off in.
Speaker 3: The morning, on at night?
Speaker 5: But Canada is retaliating.
Speaker 4: Off with Canada, on with China.
Speaker 5: We'll go to war with child and give Josh, China has nukes.
Speaker 10: No tariffs are on China.
Speaker 4: In fact, we're part of China.
Speaker 10: Now all hail President g You're the snake mother.
Speaker 5: Get on board, Josh, Gosh, how can Trump run this country like this? Tariffs no tariffs. We're Chinese, We're not Chinese. It's unsustainable.
Speaker 10: Get off his ass, Costa. All Trump's trying to do is stand firm on his principles, even though he doesn't know what they are yet, no matter the costs, although costs really shouldn't be a single dollar, and what anybody thinks.
Speaker 5: But please, nobody get upset, Josh, Josh, be realistic. Part of being a leader is knowing there are traded offs to every decision. It's not possible for everyone to have a net game.
Speaker 10: Well I thought I told you, Costa, that's our word. Okay, me and my economists are gonna fuck you up.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Josh Johnson, everybody, Josh Johnson.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we get guns off the.
Speaker 7: Still runk all way.
Speaker 4: I met Dames.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Daily Show.
Speaker 5: There are millions of guns in America, but one forty year old virgin is trying to change that.
Speaker 3: Daisy Lidik has more.
Speaker 8: It's no surprise America has a gun problem. In fact, even if our legislators could pass comprehensive gun reform, there's already over four hundred million guns in this country. A number of statisticians call really high and being huge. But one brave Michigander is taking action into his own hands, and it's not someone you would expect.
Speaker 9: I think it was confused about a priest since I binged fleabag. How does a priest get involved with getting guns off the streets?
Speaker 7: In America, it's a lot easier to get a gun than to get rid of a gun. There is this sense that in churches, we're just going to pray for this gun problem.
Speaker 4: But church people are sick of thoughts and prayers too.
Speaker 8: You know, it's bad when a priest is sick of thoughts and prayers. I mean, that's your bread and butter. And just as Jesus turned water into wine, Father Yeah turned prayers into action and started a gun buyback program.
Speaker 5: The gun buy back program is aimed at reducing gun violence. They're popular, and that's because it gets your choice to turn in your gun.
Speaker 8: And because this is America, people are more willing to part with their guns if they get something.
Speaker 7: Out of it. The first buy back we did, we had five thousand dollars with the gift cards, and the line was two miles long, and we gave away the gift cards in twenty minutes.
Speaker 9: What kind of gift cards are we talking about here?
Speaker 4: Usually target Target.
Speaker 8: I'm not allowed in target anymore.
Speaker 9: I had a bit of a run in with the law involving an incident with a cheese grater.
Speaker 7: Do we want to save that for later? We'll take care of that in confession.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 8: And what happens to the guns once they're collected? Do they go to that farm upstate with all the dogs?
Speaker 10: After guns are processed, Michigan State Police sent them to a company in Missouri called gun Busters, and they destroy parts of the guns.
Speaker 7: The state Police then was contracting with a company called Gunbusters, who has a gun pulverizer.
Speaker 9: The pulverizer.
Speaker 8: That was my signature move when I was on the amateur wrestling circuit.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's it's it. These things destroy weapons.
Speaker 8: A deadly machine that destroyed deadly guns. Problem solved.
Speaker 5: This machine called the pulverizer can turn this into this.
Speaker 6: Most of the metal left behind can be recycled.
Speaker 8: I love a name that says exactly what it is, busting guns.
Speaker 4: No deception there, But they weren't busting them. Come again, we found out they are not really destroying them.
Speaker 7: They were salvaging most of the gun and reselling the parts on the internet.
Speaker 4: People can make their own ghost.
Speaker 8: Guns, So gun Busters is actually contributing to making more guns. Yeah, Jesus, sorry, shit, sorry Jesus. Turns out they were using the pulverizer more for evil than good doing. Only partial destruction means that the guns can be born again, and not in the jesus y way. I reached out to speak with Gunbusters, but much like the fate of their guns, they ghosted me. If I can't find answers to this gun problem in God's fancy buildings, maybe I could find some in the state's fancy buildings. Michigan State Representative Natalie Price. How the is it legal for Gunbusters to get away with this?
Speaker 12: Because of the Gun Act of nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 8: Sure as nineteen sixty seven Gun Act nineteen sixty sixty eight Gun Act, the Act of.
Speaker 12: When we only destroy that narrow part of the weapon, a receiver and a frame which includes the serial number the firearm is considered by federal law to be fully destroyed.
Speaker 8: Yes, receiver in the frame. So, just to reiterate, under this old timey law.
Speaker 2: The Gun Control Act of nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 8: The receiver or the frame by itself is considered to be a firearm. So if Gunbusters tells you they've destroyed the firearm, technically they only have to have destroyed that one tiny piece, leaving the rest to be potentially used for ghost guns.
Speaker 12: There's no good way to keep track of how many there are. From twenty sixteen to twenty twenty one, there is over one thousand percent increase in ghost guns.
Speaker 8: Holy shit, a thousand percent. That's like four ghost guns for every ghost Luckily, Michigan has a solution.
Speaker 12: I can't tell you what we are doing here in Michigan, which is partnering with state police and a company that will fully pulverize and destroy the complete weapon.
Speaker 8: Right here in Michigan, women get shit done. So it deemed the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a pulverizer. But this time Michigan has their very own state run pulverizer, ensuring that the guns that they receive are completely destroyed. I went back to the church to spread the good word to Father Y'ah, only to discover he had taken it upon himself to fulfill his own prophecy.
Speaker 4: There's more that needs to be done.
Speaker 7: We're planning to actually destroy the weapons ourselves with chopsaws.
Speaker 4: That sounds dangerous. I can take you.
Speaker 7: To a place where we're practicing and you can watch it happen.
Speaker 8: All right, sure, just follow a priest. I just met to the set of the movie Saw. But for guns. What could go wrong?
Speaker 4: And that goes in the disposal here three.
Speaker 8: Guns down now just three hundred and ninety nine million, nine ninety thousand, nine and ninety seven more to go.
Speaker 9: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 5: Let me come back to Anthony Parovzi will be joining in the shows you don't go about.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the very show. My guest tonight is.
Speaker 5: The best selling author, culinary expert, and host of national geographics No Taste Like Home. Please welcome Anthony Parovski. Nice wow, Thank you for coming.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: This show is amazing. It made me hungry, It made me emotional.
Speaker 3: It made you hungry for testicles, made testicals.
Speaker 5: For those of you that are unaware, maybe watching online, there was a clip before this that testicals yep.
Speaker 3: It's always good to have a little bit of yep. But look, we're all hungry for testicles.
Speaker 5: Did you know that this show would get as elevated emotionally as it does.
Speaker 11: Yes, and no, I mean the original it's look, it's National Geographic, which for me, I've been reading the magazine since I was a kid. We had a subscription. It's like the iconic, you know, yellow rectangle. But I think once we started going down and each episode is a little different, but once it does get personal and you kind of everyone's just trying to answer that question of why I am the way I am, and and learning that we're all standing on the shoulders of giants and we have all these like people in our lineage that we can kind of like explain why we are the way we are. I think it's sort of so I would say it was like a mix. I think with you know, someone like Aquafino was very emotional because she was going back to South Korea. It was the first time since she'd been there since her mother passed away when she was four years old. And then we had a bit of like a bromance with Justin in Italy, So it kind of like ran the gamut a little bit.
Speaker 5: Explain to those that haven't seen it about how you start at home with this family dish, a favorite dish, and you trace it back to the origin and not only that but through Jeens as well.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, no, all of it.
Speaker 11: So it starts out with like a dish that shaped the guests, and it could have been something that was enjoyed during like a special family occasion or a birthday or for like James Mars and it was chicken fried steak that his mom was making in Oklahoma City as a single mom, just to like feed the kids. And then we go to their country of origin, we explore what was going on culturally, politically, socially, and then we kind of break down the dish the elements while introducing it.
Speaker 3: It's a lot going on.
Speaker 11: No, it was introducing like two different key members of their family, and we meet genealogists and historians and it's like it's a whole journey.
Speaker 5: I love that In that episode, James is with in his family's skitch, his mom's cook and he says, Oh, that's the smell that brings me back to my childhood. Fast forward to you guys in an outdoor kitchen in Bavaria and they're making you're making schnitzel, right, and he goes, it's that smell.
Speaker 3: It's the same smell totally.
Speaker 5: That's when I started weeping.
Speaker 3: No, but it's it's Knitzel. Yeah, I'm crying over Schnitzel.
Speaker 11: It's yeah, because it is an emotional thing, and I mean like it's it's you know. I I go, like, the most emotional episode of all of them is is Aquafinea. And they're all really special for different reasons. But hers actually started out with joh Jungman, which is a completely different dish.
Speaker 3: But we were.
Speaker 11: Making this seaweed soup that this this woman who had a PhD infermentation, which they do that in Korea because food is truly healing there and it's like unesco protected and she's making the soup and Nora Aquafina remembered this smell that her mom. It was a one smell she remembered of her mom when she was around and she was making this soup. Wow, And we learned that in Korean history, women make this for their daughters after they're born because they're depleted of iron. It's something that's very healing, right, and it's passed on from mother to daughter. So for her to learn like, oh my gosh, that smell is literally the soup that my mother was trying to use to heal herself and also to to to make sure that that her daughter was okay. Like it's and it's and it all like it's never it's so much more than the dish. It's like when you look back on it, there's always a story, there's knowledge of history.
Speaker 5: And it's I'm thinking there could be a spinoff called no Smell Like Home and you Smell like your grandparents, Boxers or something.
Speaker 12: And then.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, there are a lot weirder things that are making it to streaming services these days, so I feel like we should definitely pitch it. Also, it's after hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you also don't have to respond to that. So so talking about parents, you know, this is a cookbook that my wife made after my father passed, and it's of his favorite dishes. And talking watching this made me think of this recipe for this Eastern European soup that my dad made called stroutchki. I mean, look at this thing, how can anybody read that?
Speaker 3: But was he a physician? No, he was not a physician.
Speaker 5: I mean, by the way, when I was watching your show, I was thinking of this, and then I'm thinking of my dad's handwriting, and then I'm thinking of him in the kitchen with the apron on.
Speaker 3: Now I'm crying.
Speaker 5: It's not even about your show, it's about my dad.
Speaker 4: But that's exactly no.
Speaker 11: But genuinely, that's what I want. I want people to watch the show and like, while I understand that not everyone has a national geographic historical team that can do three to six months of research for each episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to hear about.
Speaker 11: It, but I think it's like an important it's an opportunity to start having these conversations with people in your family or like maybe even like the awkward uncle, and like learning those family stories because we have to pass those things on for our children, for our chosen family, for whoever it is. And sitting around the table is like being raised the way that I was raised. That's when we share those stories. There's a universal thread there, and I think God knows we're living in a time and place where like we need to figure out how we can relate to each other as opposed to the opposite. Not that there's anything wrong with this country right now, but you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, it's great if our favorite dish has a lineage back to the origin of country. But what sometimes happens and I wonder, you know, my dad made the super as every Christmas Eve.
Speaker 3: No one in the family liked the soup, and.
Speaker 11: It was a sad soup and you don't mess with it exactly.
Speaker 5: At one point we said to his mom, my grandma, like, dad's been making street ski and she goes, well, we don't need.
Speaker 3: That shit, you know.
Speaker 5: But there's also something fun about your show when you go backwards find out stuff that maybe isn't so complimentary of the family or of the lineage.
Speaker 3: How do you process that that isn't complementary of the family.
Speaker 5: I mean, there was the one with James where it's like, oh, my great great great grandfather.
Speaker 3: Was in prison. Oh yeah, you know, they didn't really know why. And there was a moment there where it's like, what did he do well?
Speaker 11: Because he was like a political activist, it was a rebel.
Speaker 5: Yeah it turned good, let's talk about the history.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is actually research, right, this is oh one hundred percent.
Speaker 11: I mean it's not like I love Queer Eye, but that's like a different unscripted show where I can say whatever I want, and it's a very different editing process here. You know, we have every single thing that I say has to be corroborated by three independent sources, which is like kind of wild. So we're dealing with places like Germany where you know they have the infrastructure and the places that you go to to get these documents, they give it to you like within the hour, because the Germans have it all figured out.
Speaker 3: In Italy they.
Speaker 11: Take like two to three weeks, but like they'll get it as well, like they take their time. If you're in Senegal, if you're in where we went with East or if you're in Borneo where we went with Henry Golding, they don't have that.
Speaker 3: It's oral history.
Speaker 11: So the team has to go there a few months prior speak to village elders, and if the three village elders are saying the exact same thing, they consider it a fact.
Speaker 3: If anything is like eighty I've.
Speaker 11: Done voiceover for narration on the show and had to go back to the studio after because our show runner Robin was like, we're not one hundred percent sure, we can't say it.
Speaker 3: We got to like go back.
Speaker 5: I watched your show and I said, wow, TV studios do have money.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest. Let's be honest.
Speaker 5: You're in a lot of foreign places, You're eating a lot of food using your hands.
Speaker 3: Did you mark off a.
Speaker 5: Day for traveler's diarrhea for.
Speaker 3: You and the crew? I mean did.
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 3: Interestingly?
Speaker 11: Knew it.
Speaker 3: I knew something would happened.
Speaker 11: Interestingly, So I mean, well, the thing is like, I'm not like if I eat something and it's good, I just keep on eating it. I don't have like, I've never believed in a spitbucket. It's not in my DNA to do that.
Speaker 3: But I was.
Speaker 11: It didn't happen onset, but I happened to be. We were filming in Italy and then I had ten days off before I had to be in South Korea, and I was like, I'm already sort of on that side of the world, so like, why don't I go to Bali for ten days?
Speaker 3: Like what's the worst that could happen? Right?
Speaker 11: And I went to this market and there was a beautiful piece of tuna and I just wanted like a light seer on it, and I picked it out and they gave it to me, and it was like also the food and Bali was like it was exceptional on all fronts. This is not to like put any like negative beef there or at tuna there. And so they serve it to me well done, just draped in a cream sauce.
Speaker 3: And I ate it.
Speaker 11: And I felt a little weird, but I was like, I'm sure, I'm fine. I ended up with double ivs at the exact same time the night before my Red Eye two soul, and I was facetiming my dad, who's a physician, and he was like, why do you have two ivs at the same time.
Speaker 3: I've never seen this. There's a language barrier.
Speaker 11: I have nurses there that the hotel sent because like people get this thing called bali belly. But the crazy thing that happened because I'm an optimist at heart. I can eat ghost peppers now and they don't like, they don't kill me. I can eat spicy things.
Speaker 3: I'm a Polish guy. We don't do heat, yea. You even said that in the Laysian episode.
Speaker 5: You're like, I don't really do heat, but now you can do heat.
Speaker 11: I can do heat now, which is great, and I hope it lasts for a long time. I get food poisoning once or twice a year because of the things I put in my mouth.
Speaker 3: It's just it's far. It's par for the course. En you're all grown ups. There are no children here.
Speaker 5: So I find your personal history so connected also to this show because of your parents. Explain a little bit to your family history, and yeah, it's relevant.
Speaker 11: I mean, so I'm you know, my parents were both Polish. My father was born in Brussels because his family fled there after the war. But like I'm like, I think I'm like eighty percent Polish, and growing up that was the first language we spoke at home. We were only allowed to speak Polish. Had all the food, cabbage rolls for lunch, the whole thing. And then there was a period of sort of growing up when I was in my teens, like thes like Oasis Richard Ashcroft just to paint a picture where I wanted nothing to do with my identity. I moved to the States. I was in West Virginia. I wanted to assimilate, change my name, the whole thing. And then there came a point when I was in university back in Montreal and I started working at a Polish restaurant.
Speaker 3: I met like young Polish.
Speaker 11: People who had super polish names, and I was like, Wow, you're actually proud to be who you are. And it's kind of like that whole idea of like, well, like this is in my DNA, so why am I trying to fight it? And now it's kind of inspired me. Even as a result of the show, I had conversations with my dad. I was like, why do we have so much cabbage in our culture?
Speaker 3: What's the deal with progi's? Where did those come from?
Speaker 11: And it's like we realized there's so much that we don't know. And so it's kind of sparked conversations within my own family.
Speaker 5: So you might have answered it, but it's so clear in this show that the guest really sees how important this dish is, how important this food is.
Speaker 3: To their family.
Speaker 5: For you personally, you know, we don't get to do this show with you with your dish, But why is food so important to you?
Speaker 11: My face just got warm because I think I don't know. I mean, I think it has to do with if, to quote my my therapist, if it's hysterical, it's historical, and growing up in my parents, I adore them and they did the best with the tools they were given, but it was a really dysfunctional household. And the one time where we all got along was when we were sitting at the table and gossiping and just like talking shit and having like the best time, and like that's when everybody had a smile on their face. And so it's personal to me, and it's I feel like everyone kind of has their own their own version of that. Like at any single gathering that my parents would have, everyone always ended up in the kitchen, and I feel like that's the case with so many people.
Speaker 3: And so it's it's food is there for you.
Speaker 11: When you're depressed, when you're really happy, when you're celebrating life's achievements, when you're celebrating or celebrating dealing with loss. Sometimes people celebrate loss, but I but it's it's it's just it's the it's the it for me, it's it's my whole family is just as obsessed, if not more than I am, about food, Like it's just it's in our DNA.
Speaker 5: The show's great, it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You kind of do what the Daily Show does, which is you trick us by entertaining us. And then somehow we've learned something and there's a message been presented. So I really loved it. Thank you so much for making a new episode and.
Speaker 3: More tests like na Sundays on Master.
Speaker 5: Geographic and all episodes are streaming now on Disney's Plus.
Speaker 3: And you are little Anthony Varaski.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take a clo play the right.
Speaker 1: Back after this, King that that's our show for tonight.
Speaker 5: But before you go, if you're looking for a fun read, my new book, Lucky Loser comes out this Tuesday, March eleventh. It's a memoir about my life and how failing at professional tennis led me to.
Speaker 3: Be a comedian. What the is that? Please?
Speaker 5: If you know how to read, please preorder it now now here. It is your moment of zen, sir.
Speaker 3: This tariff war is heating up, isn't it?
Speaker 11: Yeah? It is.
Speaker 1: I mean look when Trump says tariff is my favorite word in the English language.
Speaker 4: I don't quite believe him. I didn't Gold and one or two other things.
Speaker 11: By come.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount
Speaker 4: Plus, Paramount Podcasts