Speaker 1: I told my husband your job is easy because he's a stay at home dead. Now he's mad and wants to talk. Am I the a hole?
Speaker 2: We have a good stay at home dad. You know the classic switcheroo, classic swischeraroo.
Speaker 1: That's right. Do you ever did you watch You and a Half Man? I did not. Did one of them stay at home? You know? Two dads?
Speaker 2: Two dads Charlie Sheen and their step kid, Charlie Sheen and the other dude were they watched the Charlie Sheen interview uh lately of the Tiger blood shit And he's like, no, is that like talking to the reporter?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it's so good. Age. He's he's really the goat man. You got to put respect on his name.
Speaker 2: He's the goat. Oh yeah, oh yeah, for sure. Maybe he's a state of dad. Let's see. I am writing this from the guest bedroom, not a good bedroom to write anything from. True the guest bedroom means ship is going down.
Speaker 1: You guessed it. But because my husband and I have had a fight. So the thing is, my husband is a stay at home dad. Three years ago he wanted to quit his job and take care of the house and children. Six female and two male. I work a decent job and earn most of the money. My husband takes pride in being a stay at home dad. He always brags about how it's the easiest job in the world and women are just complaining for no reason. Waite, wait wait, I thought we were gonna go the other direction. Wait, hold on, that's pretty that's a funny take. Though. I thought he was gonna be like, uh, you know, I take pride. You know, men never really you know, think about you know what stay at home moms have have been doing for like all these times. No, there's just easy bro banking. I just eat. I just drink my triple Vanilla pump latte and kick the freak back. Let it all unfold. But the truth is I help him with the chores as much as I can. In the morning, I wake up and fix the breakfast for them, and my husband gets our daughter ready for school. I also do meal preps for lunch. All he has to do is assemble them and cook it way, so she's like teeing up the meals. I guess that's yeah, that's why it's so easy. He's doing it on easy mode. Dude. All right, I pack my and my daughter's lunch. When I'm at work, he does the cleaning and spends time with our son or does his thing whatever that means, I guess does his thing. Oh, I didn't know her having a little alone me time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta get a stress to get it out.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I gotta relieve that stress somehow. You know, a lot of chores to do around the house. Got a tea impressed somehow? Beating my meat is one of them. Oh boy. Later, when I come home, I cook dinner and give my son a bath, I help my daughter with her schoolwork, or I play with them for some time until bedtime. Besides that, whenever we do laundry the clothes that he washes and put them away.
Speaker 2: It sounds like the responsibility is actually split pretty equally between household chores.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is definitely some intentional and actual split of the housework here. Further to that point, during the deep cleaning of our house, we split the tasks fifty to fifty. I also handle all of the doctor's appointments. So what he's just doing half a job right now, doing half a job, which, like I guess their agreement was, like, hey, op, the mom will be working a full time job and then he'll be the stay at home dad, which I guess it depends on what they is. That what they expect a retation, like you know, who cares? Then it's okay, yeah, but maybe that's not. We'll see the system works really well. But I hate that he thinks my contribution is not enough, that he does all the chores and that I don't even lift a finger. Wait, bro, you just said it was the easiest job in the world. Though, Yeah, hold hold on, hold on, how is it the easiest job? And she's she's not doing anything when she's doing fifty percent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds it funds pretty even dude, I I I'm not I'm not following here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh this is great. Moreover, he has a blog and a TikTok where he films his days. Yo, can we get an act? Can we can we start some.
Speaker 2: Everyone says that they are a TikTok, but they never give the at. Dude, I want to know the at.
Speaker 1: Give it to him. Guys, Sam is so much over here. He has chronic loss of TikTok handles. He also make posts about how easy it is to be a stay at home dad, and women just complain and are full of it. This is like this is so bad.
Speaker 2: But I mean, while you're doing it on easy mode, your wife is helping with fifty percent of the things. But this is like it's like the worst take ever like being and also I mean it depends how how much many kids you have and like also what age they are too, so I imagine like it just gets it changes, like the work changes, but like what a terrible take one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Also slight side note, I don't know. For me, like I've been living on my own almost ten years. I'm just so used to like cleaning for myself, cooking for myself. It's like weird to have somebody else do it. Like I don't know, maybe that's just me, but I've always felt that way.
Speaker 2: I would feel like, well, I guess he's jobbing the absent minded. Yeah, but like I think if you're absent minded, it's just like like like then the last story or one of the last stories we did, or yeah, in the last story, the guy was just like not even thinking about folding the clothes or putting away the shoes, and so like I had a roommate that would open up every single cabinet door that he used and never close it. And he just like didn't realize he needed to close the doors.
Speaker 1: Apparently that's that's a thing. I never knew that such.
Speaker 2: Apparently my head on these doors and I'm like, Marcel, what the fuck stuck closed the cabinet doors.
Speaker 1: Now there's a Well, he's a great guy. He is. He is. I'm glad he likes it, But I hate he thinks that he is superior to everyone and invalidating their experience. Yeah, that's not great. Yeah. I grew up in a house where my dad didn't even lift a finger and my mom did literally everything around the house. He was the fun dad, doing the bare minimum. So I do not want that to happen to my husband. Also, it is my house too. I believe if both people do chores, the stress becomes less. Also, I know many of my friends who struggle with doing chores as a stay at home mom. I also know women who work and still do the majority of the chores, and his comments make me irritated. Irritated makes a lot of sense. So yesterday my friend Ashley came to visit. She is a mother of two. Her son probably has adhd and very much active. She is trouble handling her son and gets no help from her husband. Her son breaks a cup in our house, Ashley was saying sorry, my husband cleaned it up, and she was complaining how exhausted she is. My husband scoffed and told her, you must be doing the parenting thing wrong because I am the stay at home parent too, but I never had a problem. My wife barely does anything around the house and it is so easy. Bro, what is maybe I should give you a lesson or too not. The thing to say was like, oh my god, I'm so stressed as like, bro, you suck shod you hey, uh, I just want to make sure do you know you was terrible?
Speaker 2: Like do you know her parent thing? Like it's easy as shit, dude.
Speaker 1: I want to start writing out some ABC's if you want, Like, is that even if this was true, even if he was doing all the work, it is emotionally uh vapid and just dumb as fuck to like say that to someone who was struggling, Like I'm struggling in school. It's like, oh, man, Like I'm like, you're doing not doing well on test? I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It was like, well, you must be an idiot, because I'm getting a's like. You wouldn't say that because everyone struggles differently and does things differently. Like you want to be an emotional support system, not someone who tears them down.
Speaker 1: But what about letting idiots know they're idiots? SA the Elon muskwe service, and he does that all the time. He loves Yeah, his favorite thing is you are stupid. It's simple, simple, elegant, like a tesla. You're an idiot. You're an idiot. That is, you're an idiot. There we go, an idiots. Let's get our quotes right over here. Now. I can see Ashley was upset. I understand why. Later that day I told him what he said to Ashley was very rude. My husband acted as if he had said nothing wrong and was just honest. It's so rude, bro, wholeness with honesty.
Speaker 2: You're just because you're being honest doesn't mean you're not an asshole. Come on now, PSA PSA for the a holes, PSA hole. Yeah, there we go, not a bad show name or something.
Speaker 1: SA whole. I like it. I like it. Mental note. I pointed out that he doesn't do all the chores. I help him with at least forty percent. That's why he thinks it's easy. He again argued that those chores are not significant compared to what he does. I told him he was being mean to everyone. We got lucky that our kids are easy and not active.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our kids just fucking sit around all day like a freaking potato.
Speaker 1: Just a bunch of zombies, just freaking zombed out. Ye, a bunch of little little sands over here. Most of the kids are hard to handle. He again scoffed and said, how hard can it be? Famous last words, buddy, bro, here we go. Are we cooking up for what I think we're cooking up for? Dude? Please just say then, do all the fucking chores, please do them all? Let it go, let's see. We argued about this, and he told me I am being ungrateful because no man would ever sacrifice like he did. It easy? Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it the easiest job in the world or have you sacrificed a lot?
Speaker 1: Like? Pick aside?
Speaker 3: It's so easy, and I sacrifice everything. I'm such a hero. It's hard. It's hard for us heroes out here.
Speaker 2: Dude, you gotta pick a side. God, dang, I am upset and gave him some space. Was I wrong to point it out? There is an edit and an update. But where we are right now, he's being a dick. He's being a massive yes yes, like like you know, it might be easy. He might be right, you know, he might. He might think it's easy at least for his kids. But he's like how he's acting is not emotionally intelligent at all.
Speaker 1: Not at all. What what I'm curious to everyone watching and Sam, what do you think the solution is? Like? What should Opie do to try to stop doing any of the chores and see how he likes it? I love that idea. Yeah, it'd be like, hey, if your job is so easy and my chores are so insignificant, I'm just gonna take a little pause on it. You know, like you said, it's so easy, so.
Speaker 2: Seem it seems like like I'm a little stressed out. It seems like you could use more work. Let's let's take a little Let's put this a stay at home dad thing on easy mode. If it's so insignificant the things that I'm doing, then you just do it.
Speaker 1: Let's give you some significance, buddy.
Speaker 2: But also I think like part of it is like just like hanging with kids like like like like Op, he probably wants to read to the kids, like that's something that she probably gets joy out of too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like OP wants to spend more time with the kids. Yeah yeah, yeah, because there are certain like chores that are just like also just hanging with the kids that them.
Speaker 2: So she might not want to be like, oh, I'm not going to do this because she likes doing it too.
Speaker 1: But just want to offload all the things you don't like doing to him. Ba boom, delegated baby. It's so insignificant, all right, Onto the editing update. Just wanted to point out that I have no issues with him being a stay at home dad. I just don't like his attitude towards it and the way he thinks it's the easiest job in the world because to me and most of the people, it is a job that has no vacation days. I also do not like that attitude. I also very much do not like that attitude. Producer Riley, do you like that attitude? He thinks it's non tolerable. Yeah, the fam has spoken. Onto the update. Okay, I took everyone's advice and drumroll, please go. I stopped for here on all the chores. I did tell him beforehand, since he thinks my contribution to the housework is nothing, then I will stop doing everything all together.
Speaker 2: Remember that, honestly, I think is a great solution. As if it's like, if you just think it's insignificant, then oh, just just do its load off me.
Speaker 1: Easy, I told him. Since he thinks being a stay at home dad is easy, then he should have the full experience of it. I love that my friend's husband doesn't even lift a finger around the house, so I wouldn't too. He was obviously upset. He wanted to argue I cannot do this to him. He even tried to pull the incompetence card. What like I can't do it? Like I can't fold laundry and baby, my weakends are not strong enough to have a clean phone on the children's clothes. What am I to do? Baby bro?
Speaker 2: I can't do all the voices you do for bedtime stories.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know how to.
Speaker 3: Do eat or I keep pouring soap on the plates and think you falling because they're too slippery from the soap.
Speaker 1: My grip is a strong, baby, God, love it. Oh, let's see if he actually nuts up and does it. Ooh. I told him I am not to do my portion of the job at home. I also gave the typical excuse, I work all day at my office so that we can survive on one income. It is selfish for him to expect me to do the housework. So I think kind of like she's taking that classic line and trying to like flip it back on him. Yep, yep, that's what I did. I didn't do any housework. I didn't wake up in the morning and make breakfast. My husband had to do it. It wasn't hard for him, but I can see he was moody. I don't want to make these stupid pancakes. Correct.
Speaker 2: He's just going to realize that him doing everything is also super easy.
Speaker 1: Like right, he goes stronger. It's like I realized it's even easier of a job than I thought. Let the misogyny course through my veins. I'm a fricking prodigy, the stay at home master. That's what AHF stands for now. I asked him to prepare my lunch, because that is also part of the job. He refused at first, but then I told him he will do all the household chores too. That includes my lunch as well. He only packed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Damn. How passive aggressive dudem better than just like a single banana.
Speaker 2: I guess is pretty good though. I kind of la yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't do meal prep for lunch. It was his to figure out. At night when I came home, I didn't make dinner. I asked him to do it. He was shocked, but did it anyways. I didn't give my son a bath. Our son was fussy, which pissed my husband off. I only helped my daughter with her homework. I didn't help him with the laundry. The first few days he didn't say a word, but after a week it was showing that he is getting exhausted. Ah, there we go, baby fuck did? He was getting more and more angry at small stuff and usually cleaning would cool him off, but whenever he sees the man, he throws a tantrum. In the weekends, I went to my mother's house to relax. That weekend, we were supposed to clean our bathrooms. He did that all by himself. As the days progressed, I could see him being really angry at me, even I admit it affected our intimacy a lot. At last, after two weeks, he told me, basically yelled, that I had proved my point.
Speaker 2: Day he came, well, I'm glad that he finally got it through his thick fucking skull two weeks. B that's like, that's also very it feels extremely stubborn.
Speaker 1: Like that's so stubbing. It took him two weeks for it to finally click. Although hey, you know what he at least he committed. Yeah, oh my god. Now things are back to normal, but I can see he is very distant with me. Last night I asked him to talk with me. He said he knew what game I was playing, but he did not appreciate ME treating him like gar garbage and not considering his feelings. I told him it was his words that being a stay at home dad is easy. I just gave him the full experience of it. He kept denying that, and I should have been more supportive. All these weeks he felt like nobody and so underappreciated. He felt invisible. He started to hate me for not giving an f and dumping everything on him. He's still not talking to me. We have booked a couple's therapy session next week. Oh shit, let's see if our relationship sustains it or not. Oh wow, Oh man, it's looking diceier. That's been nicy, dude, we thought. Oh man, we have some quick comments and then a final piece of the story. Yeah, is alimony a thing where you come from? Op, We live in a no fault state that has nothing to do with whether or not alimony gets awarded. You'd best check that out. Oh, he says, we don't have a prenup. He has been out of work for three years. Maybe I do have to pay his alimony, but I'm not sure. Is there any option where if he gets alimony, he has to find a job within a certain amount of time. Otherwise his spousal support will be revoked. As he is a stay at home parent, he will likely get primary custody as it is seen as better for the kids consistency wise. Op says, I'm not planning on divorce. I believe in our marriage. I'm hopeful we will go through with it. If divorce comes, I will be pushing for fifty fifty. And we have one final update to see update let's get to it. This will probably be my last and final update. I wanted to let you guys know we are not getting a divorce like some of you hoped for and cursed me out in my personal messages. Come I am redd it, Come on payt that like, seriously, who wishes the stranger that their husbands should cheat on them? That's insane. We did go to counseling, and yes, I sincerely apologized for my childish behavior because of a Reddit post that I made. We discovered a lot of things about us in our relationship at the counseling sessions. Firstly, I apologize to him and explained why I did it. I wanted him to feel like it was not easy if you do not have help. I also mentioned my mother's experience in being the caretaker of the family and doing it all alone is exhausting, which I think now is stupid way to get my point across. But I was hurt and very annoyed that he thinks women just complain about housework when most of them, I am sure, don't have help from their spouses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he expressed that it was the only way that she could like get it across to him, though that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a And you know, maybe there was some kind of like gloating or some like extra attitude on top of it that you know, maybe was more disrespectful than it needed to be. But I think generally her intention was like you say, these are all easy, I will just let you do the chores, like, well, le see how easy it is? Pretty cut and dry. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I see it as childish, like I see it as like more of like an experiment in empathy.
Speaker 1: Only if she, you know, maybe made some extra comments and things that she wasn't being that.
Speaker 2: Fourth maybe it's like, hey, like maybe setting it as an experiment, like hey, you think this is easy, would you be to do a two week experiment just seeing what it's actually like?
Speaker 1: Fair? But I'm and while she didn't do that, she at least did give the heads up and basically the reasoning of it. But yeah, it could have been a little better, But you know, yeah, I don't really falter for that, Honestly, I don't know. I don't think so either. He expressed that he gets it, and those few weeks when I didn't help him really took a toll on him. He doesn't get tired easily, but since he was doing all of it, it was tiring for him. I acknowledged that after a lot of talking and communicating, we came to the root cause. He said that sometimes he feels insecure about himself. Okay, now we're getting to something. I feel like meat and potatoes, like he is not doing enough for us. All of his guy friends have jobs. They provide for their family. His friends bragged about taking his wife to a vacation in Greece. He felt small compared to that because he only made dinner and gave me a massage. On the other hand, I gifted him a very expensive watch. He felt like he was supposed to be the provider of the family, but feels really small because I am out here doing good in my career and he feels stuck. It was one of those moments that made me cry. I liked it when he made dinner for me and gave me a massage. He is a good cook. I asked him if he wants to go back in the workplace. If that's the case, he will have my full support. Wow. Man, Yeah, it's always good when the breakthrough comes and it's like he was just masking all of this stuff, with all this like anger and everything that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the bravado, the bravado of like, oh this shit's so easy.
Speaker 1: Is like because he's insecure about where he is one hundred percent. I know things will change a lot. We both have to make compromises, but it will be worth it because I love him and he is the best husband anyone can ask for. He says he doesn't want to handle the pressure of the workplace. Last time he crashed and decided to quit. He likes being a stay at home dad, but also wants to earn, so he's going to look for a part time job while doing what we used to do. I encouraged him to look into freelancing and remote work. He did find one, but it's low paying, so the search for a decent job is still on the hunt. And he did apologize to my friend Ashley. He realized not everyone has it easy. I mean, we hit the jackpot with the kids because they are pretty quiet. People have different struggles, And I know he is sincere because he deleted his blog post about being a stay at home dad being easy. Okay, Wow, he's really turning Underliaf here. I think around. Also unrelated, Ashley is getting a divorce all right, divorce chainers the league. You got no good for her. I guess we are fine. Our children are fine. We still have one more session for therapy left. Our intimate lives are better, and we found a better way to communicate with each other rather than being petty. I was scared that our marriage will collapse, but I am glad we stood strong. Wow. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's awesome that we got to like a really strong place at the end, Like now we're like it seems like the relationship is even stronger than it began. Like, I think it's always interesting when you have a fight in a relationship and there's like this critical moment of it could either go so wrong or so right, and if you just pushed through it in the right way, it can make the relationship stronger at the end one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And it makes that that that ending that much sweeter, you know what I mean, and that much more, that much more powerful that they've built a relationship back from where it was so far away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also like you know, she said that, like like I actually feel like that experiment needed to happen for him to under truly understand, Like I don't think you're talking about it would have done the job?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah, I don't know like what exactly the like childish behavior it was other other than my guess of like her having him do the chores. But I think I really think it was necessary for whole, like he finally truly understood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but let us know what you think of this situation, Like, uh, it do you think being a stay at home parent is easy? First off? Why or why not? And what do you know about? Like I guess like the stay at home dads, any stay at home dads that you know were a stay at home dad is watching?
Speaker 1: Like what does that feel like for you?
Speaker 2: Because it's I think there's I feel like there's often a social almost like a not a social demand, but like the social default is like women are the stay at home parent. Yeah, obviously that's changing a lot, and so I'm wondering what the what like it feels like to be a stay at home dad or what you guys have heard of what that feels like? Please put your answer to the comments. We'd love to hear it.
Speaker 1: In addition, we would love to hear your stories if you want to send them in. You can call four for zero five zer away six five sixty seven. We're playing your voicemails on the show and calling a few of you. We'd look forward to hearing your stories. See on the next one, See you soon. This is an episode from Deep Within the Archives. Time for okop relash. Today, I afked up by recovering my dad's sex tape from fifteen years ago on an old handicam. You know, sometimes you just gotta throw back Thursday, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, you learn from the best you know, learn about your origins from when the origins started.
Speaker 1: Hey, do you know what I mean? To know your roots? That's all you say.
Speaker 2: Learning from the giants they came before. You learn from your dad's route, you know what I mean. Oh yeah, big old ruins going around.
Speaker 1: I was feeling nostalgic and thought of checking out old photos, so I took out some old cameras. My dad, in his prime twenty years ago, was fond of cameras. Yeah, he was in his prime. He had three handicams. We were too poor to afford even one at the time, but he still managed to buy them. And I'm not sure if they actually call them handicams. I just remember that my dad used to call them that. So I found all three of those.
Speaker 2: They weren't working batteries dead pro so I took their SD cards out and plugged them into my laptop with a card reader. I also found one more SD card in their case. All four of them were barely eight gigabytes in size. I thought I would see at least a thousand files comprising of videos and photos from our Europe, Portugal, Spain, and France trips that we did together in two thousand and eight, but to my surprise, there were barely over one hundred and fifty m I definitely remember more than that. So I used Recover, a filed recovery tool to scan through those To scan through those SD cards, and I found three hundred more.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's a lot. I immediately recovered them. Most of them were videos, so I know, so I knew my entire Sunday I was just going to be watching them, but I wasn't complaining though. It was gonna be great. We're gonna go down memory out like old memory and stuff.
Speaker 2: I started playing them. They were in MPG format and my default player couldn't play them without lag, so I installed VLC. Then it was all fun and games, or so I supposed. So there I was twenty four year old me refreshing my memories of Europe and the fun I had with my dad and is supposedly female colleague. She too accompanied us, and I always thought she used to do so to discuss work.
Speaker 1: I was nine. My dad was disvorced. My dad was divorced, and my custody was entirely on him. My mom left to another country. As I was playing these videos in order, I found one video and it started off with nothing but a bed. Oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: It looked horrible, probably a cheap hotel they were staying in. I did remember we used to book. I did remember we used to book two rooms, one for me and one for me and dad and the other for the colleague. And there comes my dad. I would be happy to see him if he weren't butt naked.
Speaker 1: No, then his hall. Then came his colleague and they did the thing. I immediately watched the whole thing. I immediately stopped playing it. It was embarrassed as hell. Even though I was alone at my house. I skipped over. I skipped over to the other videos. But after a while I just have to see it. No, it's like a train wreck a card.
Speaker 2: I really don't know why I'm embarrassed by this. This is basic human behavior. My dad has a life, and he was obviously doing things nature had programmed us to do. But still finding this clip after fifteen years is very shocking now. At the time fifteen years ago, I was a little upset that mom wasn't there for me, and I used to blame my dad. But he did everything he could to raise me, provide for me, and he never left me out. Maybe you should have left you out. Well, I guess at least he left you out of the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Then he shows it.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, yeah, no, turn around, put the blindfold on. In fact, he never used to leave me alone unless he went to work, and at the time I was usually at school. He always treated me like a friend. The video I found made me think, and I thought maybe I should ask him whether he was responsible for the divorce. But then I realized sex isn't something criminal. Humans have needs and that's okay. After a few hours of realizing. After a few hours of thinking, I realized something. I am a sexual So this will definitely hit me harder. I don't understand sexual attraction, but I know for a fact my dad has always done so much for me. This thing I found is completely okay for him to do so. I deleted the video, erased everything from the SD cards, which ensures that the files will no longer be recoverable.
Speaker 1: Oh peace out.