Speaker 1: Quickly becoming the favorite day of the week, the awkward Tuesday phone cod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a highlight.
Speaker 1: It is because it's like relationship drama, but it's like all sorts of different relationships. Maybe co workers, it could be, you know, yeah, spouses.
Speaker 3: Do people like it because we don't talk as much the second half?
Speaker 1: That could be Yeah, yeah, I don't mind that. All right, Welcome to the Brook and Jeffrey Second Date Podcast.
Speaker 4: Today is a classic, but we've got a new comment to read.
Speaker 5: Yes, so Tia said, I'm all the way from South Africa.
Speaker 3: The one thing I realized is that y'all do your job better when you're criticized.
Speaker 5: So here we go.
Speaker 3: Out of plus or minus three thousand, five hundred phone taps and second dates, I only saved sixty five phone.
Speaker 5: Taps and forty four second dates. So come on, y'all could do way better than that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, we're gonna work.
Speaker 4: On forty five save for this year.
Speaker 5: That's our goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I hope we can track her phone and be like, yes, she saved.
Speaker 5: Challenge accepted.
Speaker 4: All right, awkward starts right now.
Speaker 6: Snooping through your significant other stuff that is almost always gonna lead to finding bad things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, if you got a snoop, you probably you probably got something going.
Speaker 6: Like when Brooke went through her husband's box of chains and restraints and she found Michael's old love letters to Jason raz I wish that was a lie. So weird conversation they had to have that man was.
Speaker 2: Like, what what?
Speaker 6: But what if by some miracle you snooped and actually found something good? Because one of our listeners says she just moved in with her fiance and what she found buried in his attic wasn't just good, it was incredible and he had no idea it was even there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Now she needs our advice on how to deliver the news to him. You're gonna hear what the big discovery was in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call? Next, it's awkward, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call? Did we just become best friends?
Speaker 6: Moving in together for the very first time can be so exciting and special, especially if it's with your significant other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope you're more than best friends.
Speaker 6: Jeff can be more than best friends? Yeah, okay, but it's exciting because you're figuring out you know, who gets what side of the closet, or in Brooks case, who cleans what side of the toilet bowl? O Michael, that's my side, that's right, Okay, now, Spongebie, okay, made it weird for some to.
Speaker 7: Be disgusted by that aside.
Speaker 6: I'm excited to speak with Listen today because she's moving in with her boyfriend of two years and they just got engaged in congratulations.
Speaker 4: Yay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, side of the toilet bowls your side?
Speaker 4: Pick left? Pick left, I swear.
Speaker 6: So you guys have a big move. Is it happening right now or what's going on?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're we've been together for two years. You know, he proposed and then we're like, okay, now we're going to move in together.
Speaker 4: And there's so matter of fact about it.
Speaker 9: Well yeah, I mean, you know, it's it's like I've lived people before, never gotten engaged, so to do it and now start moving in together is like a different kind of chapter for me. So navigating it is a little weird.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, what's weird about it?
Speaker 9: It's like we're not getting a new place. I'm moving into his already place. So it's his territory, his turf. Yeah, so it's going, well, I'm moving my stuff and everything. And I was in the attic and there's stuff that, like, you know, his grandparents have passed on and stuff, so you know, he's had his grandparents boxes up there, and so you know, I'm honest, I'm just going through everything, you know.
Speaker 4: Okay, and so are you just college to complain about what a clutterbuggy is?
Speaker 9: Like sound kind of overwhelmed, Oh, innocently going through everything, okay. And I find his grandfather's stuff. I asked him, I said, do you know what's in your grandfather's boxes? He goes, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 10: You know, it's just boxes I still have.
Speaker 4: So I was like, okay, threw them away to the fire.
Speaker 9: Well, there might be stuff that we could use, you know, if he's got some like good spatulas or frying pans, and I'm gonna bring him.
Speaker 4: Down on totally absolutely anymore nice silver, yes, oho asbestos.
Speaker 9: So I found some smaller boxes with like keepstak all that kind of stuff and jewelry and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: But I found a box of coins coin.
Speaker 2: Those could be worth a lot, they can exactly.
Speaker 9: I take these coins and I'm like, wow, these are dated like eighteen hundred's kind of stuff. Oh whoa, yeah, so I take these coins in to get him afraid, right.
Speaker 4: And your boy and your fiance sorry knows you're doing this.
Speaker 9: No, he knows that I was in the boxes though, but he doesn't know that I just decided to on my own go check out how much he's are worth.
Speaker 7: Okay, I wouldn't say oh, because if it's if they're not worth anything, then he'll never know.
Speaker 9: He's kind of.
Speaker 4: Weird not to tell him.
Speaker 9: But okay, well, yet here we out.
Speaker 10: I do that.
Speaker 9: We're looking at six figures.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're down.
Speaker 9: Way more than one hundred thousand, my guy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, one thousand.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jose almost tells you my husband's name.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When she gets match, heels back.
Speaker 6: So you're you're still not going to tell him about that?
Speaker 9: Then, well, I'm obviously going to tell him. I don't want him to think that like I was money grubbing or like nuping in a weird way. I mean, we've never lived together, and I've already found like a crap ton of money all of a sudden, I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 4: If my like my significant others said, it took your stuff to get in a praise without telling you. I have some trust things.
Speaker 9: Really exactly, that's I'm afraid of.
Speaker 6: But it's like, could you really even use that type of money for anything.
Speaker 4: That you just have a wedding coming out?
Speaker 6: Even what do you want to do with it?
Speaker 9: So he's been really stressed about like graduate school paying for it and everything, and I'm just like, oh my god, this is like finally our solution for that.
Speaker 6: Oh sorry, I need to go to graduate school anymore. And now you're rich.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to college. Look at me. Oh wait, you can't see me.
Speaker 4: I'm the message.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: It's like I wanted to be like a really nice surprise for him, but I don't want it to then be like, wait, why were you and my stuff?
Speaker 2: He might be so excited he won't care. I know, man, I think now it's it's it's funny.
Speaker 7: This would have been better if they were worth nothing, because then he'd be like, oh cool, an extra ten dollars, honey, great, thank you. But now that it's worth figures plus, it looks like you were conniving and kind of mind.
Speaker 4: This back no, because she's coming to it with I mean, she's coming to him and she's going to spend the money on stuff he needs.
Speaker 9: I guess I'm not taking it and running. I'm giving it to him. I'm telling him that it's worth I'm not going to just like be like okay, never mind' his engagement running away with all this cash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 6: And they did have a conversation about the boxes before. He just kind of brushed her off, didn't know what was in there. So this is going to be a surprise for him.
Speaker 5: This is going to be fun.
Speaker 4: This is actually going to be a fun awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Why this is even awkward? Then this is going to be great, though.
Speaker 6: I guess the part that's awkward is like, hey, I went and took stuff from your attic without teleweion.
Speaker 2: You already knew you were going through your lives.
Speaker 9: But do you think you don't think that he's going to think that I was like money, Like I was like searching for stuff to find money for.
Speaker 6: Oh for sure, for sure he's going to think that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's what I was trying to say. But he said it's going to be fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll figure out a way for it to be fine as long as you don't get any advice from Brooke, so we'll come back. So long advice from jose and let you make your awkward two to your to tell him you found a stash of old coins worth six figures up in his as. We're gonna do it right after this. Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. We've done proposals on this segment before, we've done gender reveals things that aren't necessarily awkward, bad, but awkward exciting. Yeah, because we get to sit on on a nice little private moment with a couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just don't remember ever doing one where somebody said, hey, I went through your grandpa's stuff in the attic and now we're rich.
Speaker 4: Still sound good to me, Jeff.
Speaker 6: On top of that, there's actually a couple of good uses that could come out of it because they have a big wedding coming up. He wants to go to grad school and isn't sure how he's going to pay for it.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's like prayers answer.
Speaker 6: All this positivity happened. The only thing that could possibly mess this up is Brooke and some horrible advice.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, at delivering an amazing advice, like amazing news.
Speaker 6: It sounds like it wants to surprise her fiance on our show with this news. Let's start with some great a advice from our own jose Bolanos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you just said you're worried. You're gonna look suss because you went through all of his stuff.
Speaker 7: But if you're excited and you're positive, all you gotta do is just.
Speaker 2: Say you're rich and you helped him get there. Emphasize that you helped him become rich. He's gonna be so happy. He's that worry in your head is gonna go away.
Speaker 4: Emphasizing that she's the one that got in there's gonna make her sound like your money.
Speaker 6: Okay, Brooke is already coming in with a sour attitude.
Speaker 4: She should take credit for something her grandpa built for him. You know, like I think you just go in and you say, hey, every conversation, I took some of your grandpa's things to get him a praise without telling you because I didn't want you to get your hopes up that it was worth something. But I have fantastic news. Yeah, Stress, it's like the lottery of grandparents. Old crap.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but we're not even married yet, and because I'm afraid of him thinking, oh my god, sorry, you're stressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, you're engaged.
Speaker 4: Before you found the money, I.
Speaker 9: Could have I could have run with it. I could have taken it all and run.
Speaker 10: And I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 6: I would say that I would.
Speaker 5: Why is it even a thought that's crossing your mind?
Speaker 6: It shows that you're a good person.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine, like, well, I meant this really hot guy. I had the option of sleeping with him, but I didn't decision.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, hopefully that helps you. We're gonna back away and let you call your fiance and tell them what you found in the attic. Okay, are you ready? Okay, it kind of sounds like a horror movie what you found waiting up in the attic for you. No, that didn't help. Okay, she's not gonna all right. See, it couldn't probably go worse than that, So let's do it.
Speaker 8: Here we go, Hello, hi, baby, Hey, we're.
Speaker 11: Good. Your number came up. Weird it just shut up like no caller. I'm almost done with Aaron. I gotta go to the grocery store. Is there anything particularly you want for dinner?
Speaker 9: No, but maybe you can buy yourself a steak after I let.
Speaker 10: You in on some some news I have for you.
Speaker 11: Okay, Okay, So.
Speaker 9: You know I've been like doing some of my stuff up in the attic and everything, and I know I texted you about your grandpa's boxes and everything, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you don't honestly too. I mean, we just throw most of it away. Here's old trash.
Speaker 9: I mean, well, well, sure, I mean I'll get rid of like trash and stuff. But I was like, let me just make sure there's no keepsakes in it, you know, or something we could use around the house. And so I actually found some coins in there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's right. He did collect the rocks and coins and all kinds of Okay, well.
Speaker 9: Rocks, okay, So the coins are more of the concern and what I'm about to tell you.
Speaker 10: Okay, So the coins, they.
Speaker 9: Look pretty old. So I just decided to take them to like an appraiser.
Speaker 11: And like Coinstar.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, no, no, not that Coinstar baby, like like an antique shop kind of stuff, like you know, like yeah, yeah, and they they're, uh, they're worth like a lot of money. The coins I found, Like I was saying that they're worth.
Speaker 11: A lot, like more than five hundred bucks or.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the numbers looking like it might be able to cover our wedding and grad schools.
Speaker 10: Princess.
Speaker 11: Oh uh wow, Well I'm kind of in shock. So should I still go grocery shopping?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 9: Okay, but baby, that's good news, Like we're rich.
Speaker 10: It's like bigger money.
Speaker 9: Baby.
Speaker 11: Huh. I can't even like wrap my head around it, Like that's wrap.
Speaker 9: Your heads around a baby, like that's good money. It was sitting in your.
Speaker 11: Attics, right, yeah, so what should we do? Like what do we you?
Speaker 9: Should you suspend it on like your grad school and everything?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm like like I don't know, do we need like to get a pre upper or something?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 11: No, I'm just saying like it's you know, before we're technically married and everything, so you know, well.
Speaker 9: Yes, but like I literally thought that you would be super starty, like this can help us with all of our our engagement stuff. What do you do you want to prenup? Now?
Speaker 10: You didn't even know you had this money?
Speaker 8: Uh well but I do. Now.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a person that comes to.
Speaker 10: What I say with a radio show.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The the other people that you're hearing on the phone right now is a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 11: Huh oh, okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Even more Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a a segment we do called an Awkward Tuesday phone call, and we were really excited to tell you about the valuable coins that your grandpa left you up in the attic.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, awkward.
Speaker 2: Your mind went right to a pre nup.
Speaker 11: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why her.
Speaker 4: Mind went to spending it on your your grad school bill and the wedding for both of you.
Speaker 6: And I can't imagine how Allison must be feeling right now, Alison, are you okay?
Speaker 9: Yeah? No, I guess I'm also kind of in shock that that's his reaction. I thought he'd be more elated than that.
Speaker 2: I think he is elated, so elated he wants to keep it to himself.
Speaker 4: Is that something you'd already been thinking about?
Speaker 8: No, I don't know.
Speaker 11: I just don't know how this stuff usually works.
Speaker 4: So you're not money, it doesn't I mean, it sounds like you'll spend it right on grad school and stuff.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, in.
Speaker 6: A prenup, lawyer, maybe he doesn't need grad school anymore, he's already rich.
Speaker 2: Is he going to use grad school for?
Speaker 11: Wait? Allison? Then uh? Are your parents not paying for the wedding? Then are we paying for it?
Speaker 6: Where can we save money? You want to decide up and you want to pay for the money, which.
Speaker 11: Is I'm just saying before your parents were going to pay for the wedding, and so are we now paying for the wedding because of the corn?
Speaker 9: Well no, baby, of course, of course they're so willing to pay for the wedding that they were going to pay for. I'm just saying we could do some upgrades or something like honeymoon stuff. We could use the money for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Wow, this is not how I expected this to.
Speaker 4: Okay, Allison, I think that you are being real kind about this. You're engaged. You guys are together now, everything that is his is yours, yours.
Speaker 9: True?
Speaker 11: Yeah, No, I mean, like I get that we're together, and but I mean just from a legal standpoint, and I don't know how this all works. But it's my money. I mean, of course I want to share it, like some of it, some of it.
Speaker 7: The first thing you asked was should I go buy groceries if you don't want to.
Speaker 2: Spend any money.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not trying to take any of it back. I just thought that this might be something nice for you and I to like have a little bit.
Speaker 6: Of Yeah, Allison isn't asking for any of it, Zach.
Speaker 11: No, it's a really cool surprise.
Speaker 2: Oh, lad with Actually that's been the first thing out of your mouth.
Speaker 6: How did this call turn out more awkward than any of our other awkward calls? If you've ever done I feel right now?
Speaker 10: Yeah, maybe maybe we should take this.
Speaker 9: We should follow us up at home back, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 7: Unless you disagree, it'sign the premium now, then there's something to talk about.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's going to be some conversations.
Speaker 6: Yeah, way to end this appropriately.
Speaker 2: It's awkward, all right, Good luck guys.
Speaker 6: Do you want to send some money over to the radio station two for some renovations over here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would love it.
Speaker 6: Crickets.
Speaker 4: And the biggest question out of that is did the wedding happen?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Seriously, And we don't have the answer for you. Sorry.
Speaker 4: I thought for sure we'd get an update from this couple. Yeah, but we didn't. So I don't know if that means that that they broke.
Speaker 3: Up, or they worked it out and they don't want to come to us because they know we'll be like seriously.
Speaker 1: Or that girl's too ashamed to admit that the wedding did happen because she read through the comments, nobody wanted them to get a.
Speaker 5: Lot of this tone.
Speaker 3: After his attitude, She should not marry that guy at all. He seems more concerned for his money rather than her. He doesn't sound like someone who should be going.
Speaker 5: To grab school.
Speaker 3: Someone else said, someone said, what's wrong with the prenup, and then responded to by someone who said, I think the problem isn't necessarily the prenup, it's the fact it's the first thing that came.
Speaker 5: To his mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna say it's yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean Brenhams are okay, every couple can talk about it, but like that's.
Speaker 5: Your Yeah, I kind of like this one. She should have kept a couple of coins since he doesn't know what was in there anyways, Well, you never know, you never know what is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe she's off on her own island somewhere on a yacht.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's actually the update we were waiting for her.
Speaker 1: Well, if we ever get one, we will update you on this couple because it is wild. Hey, and if you ever have a really uncomfortable conversation you need to have, we'll help you. Oh yeah, okay, this is free advice here, so don't expect a lot.
Speaker 5: We do have a nice awkward button, Yes we
Speaker 1: Do, and you can submit to be on the show right now even just go to Brook Andjeffrey dot com and thanks for being here, don't forget to subscribe, and we're back tomorrow.