Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty, and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yetty, the universal symbol of falling dictatorships, the traditional toppling of the statues.
Speaker 4: They pulled them down Hey top of the horse one Hey knocked over the one where ads signal field goal. They even paraded thesad's head through the streets like going decapitated Charlie Brown in the Macy's Day parade.
Speaker 2: And if I may a quick word.
Speaker 5: To the many remaining despots in the Middle East, it is my deepest hope that when you see this footage you realize once and for all that you are really skimping on statue structural integrity. They're just going through these statues like it's tissue paper.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy just pushes it over with one hand. It's all day. There is one guy.
Speaker 6: I actually saw one where they they're pounding on it and pushing on it and trying to pull it over with a motorcycle or something. They it had structural on ticket, and they finally gave up and they just put a trash can on its head.
Speaker 2: And went on to the next statue.
Speaker 1: I like the feel. Yeah, all, oh it's good to have laugh at all. But man, when you you get those stories about how the Syrian the yae reggyme are actually operated.
Speaker 2: About to get into that, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: And my main point with getting into this is and again I'm reading that book about a rack, exact same playbook. It's why we need to appreciate Western sieve and what we've and quit acting like we're they evildoers and the world would be better off without us, because the whole world could be like Iraq, Syria or China very easily the entire planet, and it could be that way for the next one thousand years before it as spent.
Speaker 2: Mostly.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, it's more common to live the way Syrians lived than to live the way you live throughout history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Western civilization has achieved a miracle, and we have some flaws.
Speaker 2: So let's work on the flaws.
Speaker 1: And the people who say we ought to tear down Western civilization in our universities, for instance, are dangerous lunatics.
Speaker 2: God, your people are so crazy. You don't know how good you've got it.
Speaker 6: So I started reading the New York Times story about the Sadanya Prison yesterday, one of the most horrific prisons in the world that existed in Syria throughout this scumbag and his dad's regime. Here's Clariss Reward on CNN talking about that.
Speaker 7: The prescue workers with Syria's white helmets break through the concrete looking for.
Speaker 1: A way in.
Speaker 7: No one is certain where this red section is or if it either exists inside the prison. Family members are searching too. You could see people everywhere just combing through all the papers and records they can find, looking for names, seeing if maybe their loved ones are there where tens of thousands of Syrians were forcibly disappeared and said maya lost in the abyss of a prison that was known as a slaughterhouse, industrial scale arbitrary detention and torture, all to keep one man in power.
Speaker 6: So at least as of yesterday, I don't know if it's been taken care of since as of yesterday. In the New York Times, there was a level like below the bad prison where it was even worse, and there were video cameras. They could see the people down there, but they couldn't figure out how to get there where the doors are or anything like that. And this was a full like forty eight hours into the liberating the prison. So they can see these poor sobs down there, which includes, by the way, plenty of adult men, plenty of women, plenty of teenagers, little freaking kids, right, little kids. And then there's another red section that is like a story you tell your kids at night, a horror story. Nobody's sure if it even exists. They're trying to figure out if there's like another beneath that layer of prison that they don't even know if it's real or not, just rumor throughout the years they might have used the slaughterhouse, but just just horrifying.
Speaker 2: And again, I'm reading a.
Speaker 6: Book about Iraq, and one of the reasons there's a new book about Iraq by Steve call is he got access to twenty thousand hours of tapes of Sadam Hussein talking that he had. Sadam Mussein had a recording setup in his office kind of like Nixon had, and all the discussions for many many years were recorded. He've calls gone through all of them, and so we're learning all kinds of stuff about what is thinking was when he went into quit in the first place. Back in ninety one and Weapons of Mass Destruction and his interactions with the CIA, and what he thought of Bush, and what he thought of Clinton, and what he thought of you know.
Speaker 2: All this. It's really interesting.
Speaker 6: But the book opens with the abduction and torture of one of the nuclear scientists. Sadam Hussein's thugs went and got this nuclear scientist who was trying to help Sadam Hussein get a nuclear bomb, but he showed some sympathies with Iran at some point, and so they grabbed him and tortured him for twenty one days. That could be the whole world living like that if we don't hang on too law and order in Western civilization and human rights and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So, you, moron, That's why it makes me so angry.
Speaker 6: The college kid or just running into, you know, a regular person in my life, which happens now and then who's who thinks he and I states, is the source of evil in the world.
Speaker 2: You are so freaking wrong. It drives me nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and dangerous too. And indoctrinating the young into believing this and we let it happen, right frustrates me. Your kids can come out of school with a view of yeah, the United States is bad and and just kind of you know, associated to that, that's you know, it can be better off if we weren't here. If we weren't here, everything would look like Syria or certainly could yeah likely, Yeah, I agree completely, which is not to mask flaws or say we don't need to work on them. But that's the nature of being a human being in a human society is of course you have problems, of course you screw up. Of course you have excesses. But if it's a constant process of self improvement.
Speaker 6: There's got to be a way to get kids to come out of high school or college with feeling number one being what I've just been saying, thank God for the United States and Western civilizations, or the whole world would be like China or Syria, and we had slavery and there has been racism, and women didn't get to vote till nineteen twenty whatever. But number one at the top of that pyramid of things you know about the United States has got to be thank God for this, or we'd be living like that. And that's not the way people come out of high school or college. They missed that whole chunk of the thank God part, and only have the flaws of the United States.
Speaker 1: Right, which is very frustrating, right when I'm saying we need to burn our university system to the ground metaphorically of course, and start again. Same thing with government schools. I'm not kidding. This isn't hyperbole. We are churning out in doctrination more than education. In fact, you know, there's this is another.
Speaker 2: Can of worms.
Speaker 1: But the US is lagging far behind the rest of the world in bouncing back from COVID because we're locked down for so long, and because in these other societies, the third graders are not learning about the genderbread person and being sexualized and manipulated and indoctrinated like we are in this country.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I just think it's the sign of you know, decadence and maturity and affluence or whatever that I don't know. You've got a society that reaches a certain level of success and it turns against itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. Is that just entropy at work.
Speaker 6: It's just the tendency is toward disorder so much that you get order and don matter. Unless you work really hard to hang onto the order, You're going to head toward disorder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess. Or what where does the energy come from to defend and improve a society. It's from need outside threats or the want of people for food and medicine or whatever. And so you keep striving to get better and better. Then at a certain point it's like you know, you've reached all your goals in your career, and then you've got plenty of money or whatever, and you just need not driven anymore, and I don't know, you drink too much, or you start thinking like the unibomber, like this stupid rich kid or whatever. I don't know. I wish I could diagnose it and suggest a cure for it. But fight the idea that Western civilization is a force for injustice with every breath you have.
Speaker 2: Let's just start there. One more report on Syria.
Speaker 6: Not quite as gruesome, but this is typical of all your despots throughout history.
Speaker 8: The extravagant car collection of the now deposed president Bashad ascent a red Ferrari F fifty worth at least three million dollars, a Lamborghini, a Rulls Royce, a Bentley, among forty luxury vehicles stored in this warehouse in western Damascus inside the presidential palace, a massive kitchen equipped with an industrial freezer, a pizza oven, and piles of food. In a country where most go hungry every day. Over joined Syrians celebrated and ransacked the regime's residences and offices, taking chairs, plates, clothes, whatever they could carry.
Speaker 6: It's something that that has always existed to masure prehistory. There were plenty of these people on through various Egyptian pharaohs and Louis the sixteenth and you know, Bashar al Zad, who you're a king and you just can't get enough sex, luxury, chariots, cars, food. I mean, you're just continually trying to get more and all to be satisfied.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: I just happened to see a Twitter thread of the most beautiful castles in Europe and it was spectacular. But you'd look at these enormous, unthinkably enormous and complex structures and you think, how much is enough?
Speaker 2: There? King ding Don I mean, what the hell you haven't seen? It would take you twenty five minutes to.
Speaker 1: Walk from one end to the place to the other. What's the point. Why are self aggrandizement? I guess why are there.
Speaker 6: Not more examples throughout history of people kind of like the Jim Carrey thing I was talking about the other day, the actor where he got rich and famous and everything like that was not happy and realized, Oh, the meaning of life is this?
Speaker 2: And is how come that doesn't happen with dictators more often?
Speaker 1: Because they would ride a bayonet because there's just a street if they ever showed any weakness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Sadam Hussein actually talks about that in one of his recordings with some guy. So you realize there's no going back at this point, You're all in. I'm all in, We're all in. This is forever, because yeah, you can't. You can't at that after you've tortured and killed a bunch of people. I suppose there's no becoming enlightened in any way.
Speaker 1: Hey, final thought from me anyway on this, because in the past criticism of other cultures and civilizations sometimes included a tinge of racism. Well, get rid of the racism and be rational in looking at other cultures and countries and political systems and that sort of thing. And if they happen to have darker skin or different shaped eyes or whatever, that does not negate a serious and rational analysis of who they are and what they're doing.
Speaker 2: For instance, in Haiti. Right now, I saw this headline.
Speaker 1: Haiti gangs kill more than one hundred and eighty elderly people in the capitol.
Speaker 2: Oh, mostly elderly people.
Speaker 1: Killed one hundred and eighty old folks in the capital the other day. Why did this warlord order the slaying of these poor, beleaguered slum residents. He suspected them of sickening his son through witchcraft.
Speaker 2: Wow, but they have a beautiful culture. It should be celebrated.
Speaker 1: And these foreign countries, the air world, the Muslim world, how can we criticize them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can criticize them. I'm going to criticize them.
Speaker 6: Jay Z has broken in silence and defended himself around the sex allegations we yesterday, among other things we have coming up.
Speaker 2: Hope you can stick.
Speaker 9: Around farm straw. Hey Yetty Charlotte Hayer teaches at Richmond Community High in Virginia, where the course is required for graduation. How important is financial literacy?
Speaker 2: I'm ashamedly tell my students that this is the most important course they will take.
Speaker 9: Are you teaching investing, budgeting, Bitcoin?
Speaker 2: Anything that deals with money.
Speaker 9: Eighty five percent of high schoolers nationwide say they want to learn about financial topics. Only ten states require the course, but by twenty thirty one that's expected to jump to twenty six.
Speaker 1: So this is a weirdly specific prediction. Within seven years there should be another fourteen state.
Speaker 2: How did you predict that?
Speaker 6: I want to be mad about this, but I should be happy. This is like your story of you know, you don't hit your dog when they come to you.
Speaker 2: No freaking kidding.
Speaker 6: Really, this is a revelation that you should teach financial literacy in high school, and it might be the most important thing they learn.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 6: Figuring out signs and co signs and geometry is the most important. Memorizing the state capitals, no understanding compound interest or how to invest or whatever. Of course that's what they should be learning in high school. How is this news?
Speaker 1: Well, you're leaving out the DEI stuff in the racial justice situation and the gender bending matters.
Speaker 2: Crap. You're right. I went with things that are actual.
Speaker 6: Millennia, the old knowledge that is worth having but might not be that relevant to your life compared to financial stuff as.
Speaker 2: Opposed to stuff. That's a complete waste of time.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget that teacher in the Sacramento area. I have eight months to turn them into little revolutionaries. So yes, I should be happy that teacher is absolutely right. It is almost certainly the most important thing to learn in high scho Well, it should be at every high school. Only ten percent of schools require some sort of financial literacy class. Well, it was ten states the ten require that, but by twenty thirty one it's expected to be thirty six states.
Speaker 2: Again, wait a minute, I.
Speaker 1: Want to know how you cooked up that number and that time period.
Speaker 2: What are you.
Speaker 6: Doing hey, speaking of financial literacy, if you want to get your bang for your buck on ordering at the Armstrong in Getty store for Christmas, you gotta do it probably today if you're going to get it shipped to you on time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you picture your favorite A ANDNG fan opening up that premium A DTASA and G sweatshirt under the Christmas tree. Got to order it today, get on that Woja Armstrong and Getty dot com. Oh, speaking of consumer news, this will be of interest to you as a home renter currently because of the insane housing market headline The Journal Wall Street is betting billions on rental homes as ownership slips out of reach. These are major companies building, well, it's built to rent homes and town homes and entire communities, really nice upscale amenities and such. But they're just planning on people renting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 6: I think to call it out of reach leaves out a big chunk of people who have just decided it's not the best financial.
Speaker 2: Move to have a own house.
Speaker 1: Is supposed to rent a house, right, As I often say, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it. And maybe you've made the calculated decision that no, I'm better off renting.
Speaker 6: So I should have tattooed that in backwards on my chest many many years ago so.
Speaker 2: You could read it easily in the mirror. Yeah, as I shave. Yeah, because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something. Yeah. Anyway, it's uh, you know, the world keeps changing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, i'd say the governor of New Jersey praising the McDonald's. The McDonald's, I mean, I'm sorry in Pennsylvania, the McDonald's in Pennsylvania coming under fire for catching the killer now of the healthcare word.
Speaker 1: Yes, so stay don time done, plug the internet, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 10: In a civil society, we are all less safe when ideologues engage in vigilante justice in some dark corners. This killer is being hailed as a hero. Hear me on this. He is no hero. The real hero in this story is the person who called nine to one one a McDonald's this morning. The real heroes every day in our society are the women and men who put on uniforms like these and go out in our communities to keep us safe. This killer, who is not a hero, He should not be hailed.
Speaker 6: That's Governor Josh Sapiro of Pennsylvania. It's always so easy for me to be cynical about politicians and think, Okay, here's a big news story, and you found a way to make yourself part of it and get some good press. But he is a Democrat speaking out against a wing of his party that Kamala Harris courted like the complete nut job crowd, and so good for him for doing that.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad Harris didn't choose Shapiro, No kidding, I.
Speaker 1: Mean that would have gotten her a hell of a lot closer to a win than that puts she chose.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's tang assuming you know the story.
Speaker 6: Brief version is the killer, the guy who killed the healthcare executive was eaten at McDonald's in the middle of the day now to a Pennsylvania and somebody the McDonald said, it looks like the guy that I've seen the pictures of who was at the Starbucks the killer and alerts an employee at the McDonalds, who then calls the police please show up start questioning the guy.
Speaker 2: It unravels quickly, but.
Speaker 6: The Mgoogle has come to the aid of that McDonald's and erased all the negative reviews the McDonald's is getting from people who are angry at McDonald's and threatening them for having outed their folk hero who fought back against the evil insurance agency. And also, unfortunately, it seems like the name of the at least one McDonald's employee who knows if it's the right one or not, has gotten out and people are attempting to dos that person to ruin their lives.
Speaker 1: What a nightmare, What a nightmare These online lunatics. I know, I don't know if there's anything can be done about them, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know either. Oh, man. People are sick. They really are.
Speaker 1: Jim Garretty writes for the National Review, and he made a couple of good points about this over educated, very very wealthy, white diletantish, fake revolutionary ego maniac. And that's the thing about all of this that strikes me is the hubris of the attitude that my gripe is so righteous and so important. The laws of God and man don't apply to me. I'm super mad, so I get to do whatever I want and kill people or become a racist or whatever, or chant in favor of terrorists because my cause is so righteous. Oh my god, it's just so self important. But Garretty's writing about how this guy really is really wealthy, really bright, well educated, and if he perceived some sort of problem with healthcare in America, he was beautifully equipped to do something about it, to say something about it, to move minds and hearts, to push for legislation. Actually, Garretty didn't get into some of this stuff, isn't me. But then he points out, look, if you're really interested innating the uninsured, there are a lot of great ways to help.
Speaker 2: There are about fourteen hundred free and.
Speaker 1: Charitable clinics in this country. The National Association of Free and Charity Doable clinics. They see millions of patients every year, many of them elderly, uninsured veterans. Thirty nine percent of the patients are veterans. Donate money and cothers, encourage others to donate to defray operating costs, volunteer, donate supplies to do it, help them with their it. There are a million ways, but no, this guy guns down one poor son of a bitch. Well if you're replaced by another one. He's one of several giant companies anyway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Barack Obama is on my mind because Governor Josh Shapiro sounds so much like Barack Obama and uses his phrases and really needs.
Speaker 2: To fight that.
Speaker 6: But that should be used as an example more often. I remember when people used to attack Barack Obama, people on the right attack for being a community activist. How about more community activists unless violent? You know, Marxists. You want to change the system. We have a system, and you get active in your community on some level, at a grassroots level, and try to work your way up slowly to have an effect.
Speaker 2: That's what a kid like this man, a kid like this has got all.
Speaker 6: Of the levers pulled to be able to pull that off. Yeah, to become some sort of something who could actually have an effect on the system. Bet that'd be a lot of work and everything like that. How about I just go shoot a guy in the back.
Speaker 1: Well, Garritty's conclusion is this guy didn't do anything like that. Instead, he tracked the movements of the top official and the biggest healthcare company in the country and shot him in the back. No, far from everything, from everything we know so far, MANGIONI just wanted to kill somebody. He's no folk hero revolutionary. He's not John Wick meets Aaron Brockovich. He's just another angry, screwed up young man who wanted to learn what it felt like to take another man's life. Didn't even have the courage to look at his victim in the face before he pulled the trigger. Self important coward, good one Yeah, yeah, rotten prison scumbag and again, And I made this point yesterday, but it is so important. Healthcare companies don't do anything these days that is not fully a reaction to or ordained by government policy. Healthcare insurance companies, healthcare companies, all of their finances depend on the government and their interaction with the government, including the government's utter dishonesty in how the Medicare and Medicaid systems work. It's unholy, incredibly dishonest, fraudulent government policy that's led to a lot of the evils that you might legitimately observe. You want to change that. You don't shoot somebody in the back.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know if this kid believed this, but I'll bet he believed inment government takeover of health care. If you think that that is going to lead to quicker, more responsive care, your nuts.
Speaker 2: Do a little research.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for what he's worth, I realized world and bitter. So we're referring to him as a kid. But he was twenty six. It's old enough to know better. My wife was pregnant when I was twenty six and I was getting ready to raise a family. You can you can conduct your affairs at age twenty six.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, this, I've got breaking news that is either nothing or the only story in the world.
Speaker 2: Oh well, that's exciting. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: First to quick word from our friends, it's simply safe home security. We all love our families, our homes. We want them to be safe and simply Safe is the best way to do that. And right now they've extended their massive Black Friday deal for you good folks. You can you get fifty percent off new Simply Save Security system twenty four to seven, Piece of Mind, fifty percent off simply safe dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 6: It's awesome driving away from my house knowing I got the Simply Save systems set up with all the cameras inside and outside, and the alerts and all that sort of stuff, and with the Active Guard Outdoor Protection, which has changed the game by preventing crime before it happens, and all this for about a dollar day and you can install it yourself.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And if that dollar can get you Active Guard Outdoor Protection, it's AI and live monitoring someone's lurking around acting suspiciously, the agency them in real time, talk to them directly, set off your spotlights, even call the cops if that's necessary before there's a break in. And again fifty percent off right now, So head to simply safe dot com slash Armstrong fifty percent off with a select professional monitoring plan simply safe dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 2: There's no safe like simply.
Speaker 6: Safe Associated Press breaking news. Taiwan's defense ministry says a large Chinese military force has been detected near the island. Oh boy, again, that's either nothing exercise they're probing, or it's everything.
Speaker 1: It's the day I've heard so many times Hijinping believes they're a few years away from the capabilities they need. On the other hand, if I see the weak senile Joe Biden on the way out and Trump on the way in, I've at least got to seriously consider it.
Speaker 2: Well, Trump takes over in a month and ten days.
Speaker 6: Why you wouldn't, if you at all could pull it off structurally, Why you wouldn't do it while Biden still.
Speaker 2: In the Whites? I don't know why. I mean, it just seems like the way to go to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking for any coverage of that. Don't see anything, So hopefully.
Speaker 6: It's not anything super serious. It's serious, but hopefully it's not the serious coming up. Talking about not serious. Oprah's got her list out, you know. Every year she puts out her shopping list of the ten best things or whatever. I was just reading through it and I was fascinated by most of all of them, So I thought it'd pass along a couple of them.
Speaker 2: Do you why do you get paid a million dollars to endorse her? Huh?
Speaker 6: I'm getting paid nothing for this. Unlike Oprah, I found these interesting.
Speaker 2: So stay tuned. Is that censoring? Has it?
Speaker 6: A Christmas concert last night my son's high school band where he plays the tuba, and it was cool.
Speaker 2: It was good. It was actually good music. So it was very very, very very good.
Speaker 1: Fellow tubist, when they go low, we go lower right, tuba players.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah.
Speaker 6: So I don't know why I feel dirty about doing this, but I feel a little dirty about doing this. This is some of Oprah's ten best things she puts out every Christmas year. I don't think I usually look at it, but I should have. She has people, I'm sure, who comb all of you know, the world of commerce and look for the best things. Number One she has. Our agent has these, the ray band, Meta smart glasses. Our agent has these and likes them. I was at the sunglasses hut in the wall and they said they sell out of them as soon as they get them in all the time.
Speaker 2: If you had them, what would you use them for? That's what I can't think.
Speaker 6: Do I need a different way to do I need to secretly take pictures people ever already.
Speaker 2: Got my phone with me all the time.
Speaker 1: Well, theoretically, the light pops on so people know you're taking a picture or whatever. But you don't have to break out your phone. You just you're looking at it, you touch it, then go you get a picture.
Speaker 6: I think Eric, our agent, likes him because you're doing your computer work and everything, like the phone rings, you touch the side of your glasses, you answer the phone while you're still walking along or looking at your computer or whatever, which would be kind of cool anyway I might look into those. Number two was miracle sheets. We've endorsed a variety of betting things, so I don't know how much I want to get into that, but I just thought it was interesting. They're self cooling self cleaning. What the hell are self cleaning sheets? I didn't read into figuring out what it is. But what could that even possibly be.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine some sort of semi scientific claim of microbials something or other.
Speaker 6: I'm actually gonna get number three for my kids if it's not sold out. Starscope monoculars better than any three thousand dollars telescope and it's forty nine bucks.
Speaker 2: I could see you getting that for my kids the moon and whatnot? Wow? Is it called again the Starscope monocular? Yeah, let's post the link at Armstrong you giddy dot com? Uh number six I skipped five for some reason.
Speaker 6: Skit six is a hand held portable Wi Fi router that is changing the game from roiko?
Speaker 2: Is that the way you say the name r y okay? Oh?
Speaker 6: Anyway, you carry it in your pocket and anywhere you go. You're sitting on a park bench of wherever you are. You've got high speed internet because you got this and I don't understand how it works, but anyway, it's on Oprah's list and it sounds awesome. So why am I still although I find as long as I get phone.
Speaker 2: Service, it's pretty damn fast.
Speaker 1: Five geeves say, do you not have a data plan in the year twenty twenty four or one?
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 6: I am still shocked in the year twenty twenty four, especially since I live sixty miles from where all this stuff was invented. How often I'm in a dead zone for cell coverage though, It's surprising to me. Yeah, yeah, some sort of portable heater that you put on the wall in your room. You just plug it in. It's tiny heats up any room in seconds. Also sounds awesome because I have a rental house where one room is mysteriously an ice box for some reason. Well, in a super powerful, tiny pluggin heater. Doesn't it all sound like a.
Speaker 1: First step toward a fiery death at all?
Speaker 6: I will carry one of these in my trunk. The air Modo, a one click pump inflates tires in minutes and more. It's a little round cylinder thing and apparently has the power to inflate your entire I carry around those cans in my trucks. You shake them up and you tie put up your tire, and I've used them before they work really great, but this looks.
Speaker 2: Like a also cool way to do it.
Speaker 6: Oh and the best flashlight ever invented. I'm gonna buy one of these for someone I know who needs one of them. It's waterproof, has insane battery life, and is the brightest flashlight that's ever been called the night Spark.
Speaker 1: I will get that out. Yeah, I'm a guy who walks my dog at night, and I want that. I don't want to be beset by woodland creatures or my fellow human either.
Speaker 2: Way, clowns at the edge of the woods. You don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not that Bo's ultra open earbuds are a lot of great earbuds on the market.
Speaker 2: Here's the line that got my attention on this.
Speaker 6: They stay in your ears no matter what you're doing, hiking, jim work, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: That's what I need. Huh. You don't think they know they don't.
Speaker 1: Nope, Nope, My ears are poorly designed. I just I struggle with that, although I have figured out why the kids were the beanies all the time and hold your earbuds.
Speaker 2: In Oh cool. This is what I've done with earbuds. People. Maybe you should have follow them, my lady.
Speaker 6: So they're really my Henry, my youngest, because he's this kind of guy. He's had the same one hundred and eighty dollars pair of really good Apple ones now for three years and he just doesn't lose them, doesn't drop them. He's just that sort of person. His older brother, closer to me, loses them, drop then drops them in the shower, leaves them on the plane, whatever. Keep buying the forty nine dollars versions. They're perfectly fine. They work great. There's all kinds of cheap ones out there, and it just to practically de replace them when you lose them or break them. But here's another thing from Oprah's list that I don't know how it works. I might actually read up on this. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm headed to an eye doctor appointment.
Speaker 6: A laser vision of Silicon Valley to get my last appointment for my CLR, my custom lens replacement, which is absolutely awesome. But if you wear glasses, I don't know how this works. Flex focus. Are you struggling with nearsightedness or far sidedness? Say goodbye to those frustrations. With the revolutionary solution. These are the last classes you'll ever They're the first adjustable focus controlled glasses that give you twenty twenty vision at any distance. I don't know how that works. You'd have to click on it to read more, and I didn't. But that's pretty interesting. Does that technology exist now? I get at what cost? I wonder? I don't know that either. I don't know much.
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 2: A lot of these things are intriguing.
Speaker 1: I'd say, yeah, and again we'll we'll get that list up at Armstrong and giddy dot com so you can find it real easily.
Speaker 2: It just gives a few minutes.
Speaker 6: The ray bands that are so popular that they teamed up with Meta, you know, the Zuckerberg people and that. So you can answer the phone with your glass, your glasses on. They're not sunglasses there, or they can be if you want them to be. Men, answer your phone, take pictures, take video, listen to music with your glasses. Why have they made another style of them yet? Maybe I don't want to wear giant horn roomed glasses all the time. I'd probably say, haven't come up with a different style. He Maybe you need the thick stems on the.
Speaker 2: Side to have all that technology in there. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: If I like the idea of people being able to record me all the time, I think it's here. Yeah, Well if it's not here, it's here in a week. I mean yeah, the everybody can read everything all the time era is definitely We're definitely into it, and very soon it'll just be.
Speaker 2: You got to get used to it.
Speaker 6: If you're in a room with somebody, they might be recording the conversation, they might be recording the.
Speaker 1: Video right right, Plus, you got drones overhead New Jersey. Nobody knows what they are, who sent them, or anything like that. I just did. I feel beset, belieaguered, surrounded right ziness.
Speaker 6: The popular means right now of touch grass, needed to touch grass. We seem to be screaming the other direction away from touch grass right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really working on coming up with my own manifesto. I'm not going to kill anybody or hurt anybody. I just want to understand this all on my own head. But I've become completely convinced that there's a certain amount of input that we're supposed to get as human beings, and then the rest of the time our brain is doing something very very productive with what we've learned. We're just completely unaware of it because it's one of those that's like an app that runs in the background, and we've derailed our ability to do that in a way that's making us completely insane.
Speaker 6: I agree, one hundred percent. I don't think I've ever heard anybody other than you talk about it.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: You know. I have a layman's understanding of neuroscience, but I know this. I mean, for instance, I've read when you're sleeping, your brain is in effect doing filing. It's putting things in the right file so you can find them, so you can compare them to other things. You can recognize patterns and stuff like that. That doesn't happen while you're taking input in. But it's probably not, probably almost certainly true. Also, when you were mowing the lawn without listening to a podcast, you're just mowing the lawn, or doing dishes or the laundry, or standing there in line waiting for your coffee, or driving a walk. Yeah, taking a walk now, especially on the younger end, my son's never without something as he or listening to something.
Speaker 6: Ever, Yeah, I think it's bad. Probably is, and we will adjust to it as a species. The problem is it'll take like fifty thousand years. Yeah, I disagree. I think we'll die off first and then I'll planet of squirrels. I've been saying beavers and or apes lately, but I look around. I think squirrels score. They got the numbers.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: I don't think government has any say remember Peanut, if you miss an hour, get the podcast.
Speaker 2: We do four every day. Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 9: Armstrong and Getty