Speaker 1: Read them and weep. Let's play ball. Welcome everybody to leading off right here on Fantasy Bros. MLB, brought to you by Ben MGM, the King of sportsbooks. It is me and it's Mike Mayer today with you, Joey P and Mike E. M This is the boys getting it done. Mike is fresh from the from the dentist chair. So show everybody the big pearly whites. Oh, there they are on the YouTube channel. You got a good check up yesterday, a big.
Speaker 2: Guy, great checkup.
Speaker 3: Whenever you don't have like a cavet or a root canal, you know that's a win. They still, you know, they scrape your gums a little bit too much for my liking. But other than that, you know, as good as it could have gone.
Speaker 1: Do you think they enjoy that. I feel like they hygienist enjoys the scraping of the gums. I feel like, you know, that's one of those things when they get in there and they're like, oh yeah, it's gonna hurt a little bit. And and the the sharp of that tool seems staggeringly strong to me. I feel like it's made out of wolverine's claws because I don't know how they could dig in there the way they dig and then not ever break it. It seems like an indestructible material. Your thoughts, Mike Mayhor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they definitely enjoy it, and they definitely spend like way too much time on like the top front where it's like the most sensitive, and they just have this like razor sharp tool that vibrates and like sprays water and they're like, I'm just gonna like scrape you clean for a while, but like spend the most time in the areas where it hurts the most.
Speaker 2: So they definitely enjoy it. I mean, what else did you enjoy? Looking at people say that's.
Speaker 1: True, I had a streak, Mike Mayor. I never had a cavity in my entire life until I hit forty, and then it was a cavity that turned out to get infected and had a root canal. So I did the whole thing and it wasn't so bad. I mean, people complain about it. I mean, the root canal didn't hurt nearly as bad as the tooth hurt before. But anyway, hopefully today's show won't be like pulling teeth. We're gonna talk baseball. And I start with the big news of the day and that is Redebt Mers going no no again. It's the Tampa Bay Rays. So this was a fun little stat. He was started in eighteen percent of leagues this week on CBS. I went and I found that because I thought that was very amusing. So Reed Debtmers helped some teams, not a whole lot of teams, but eleventh career start, a no hitter. Not a lot of strikeouts in this one, but a fun night of baseball. It also included Anthony Rendone hitting a home run patting left handed off of Brett Phillips, so that was a good time. Mike Trout hit to him runs in that game. So would you take away from this one from Reed Debtmers last night for the Halos.
Speaker 3: Well, it was funny. He only had two strikeouts. Also, Phillips is also the person who almost had a hit in this game. I don't know if you saw that highlight of the ground ball at a first base that Jared Wallace botched that Phillips may have beaten out if it was a clean ground ball. So that was the only questionable one. I think it's right to call it an error, but I do think there's maybe a fifty percent chance that Phillips beats out that ground ball, even if it's filled cleanly.
Speaker 1: And fun fact, the few strikeouts in the complete game no hitter is not redebt meurse, no, no. They were zero strikeouts three times by Earl Hamilton in nineteen twelve when I was born, Sam Jones in nineteen twenty three, and Ken Holtzman in nineteen sixty nine when Mayor was born. So there you go, no hitters with no strikeouts. That seems like a tough thing to pull off, but alas this is the beauty of baseball, Strange things always happen. Speaking of strange things, about that, Justin Verlander to get a no hitter alsmost to the wire as well. He lost it in the eighth inning, only eighty four pitches with one out in the eighth when he gave up his hit. Verlander is completely bounced back. I am not surprised. One of my favorite investments this year. So hopefully you listened on that one. Aaron Judge first career walk off home run. The Stanton home run in this one was a joke. The ball that was hit by Espinal that was ruled a home run and then a double was a joke. Yes, Yankee Stadium is a joke. This has always been the case. Let's get over ourselves. But still, Aaron Judge the first walk off, This was certainly fun. It feels like Aaron Judge is fixing and get paid. What are your thoughts on the walk off there for the big mat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm glad he hit the walk off like six hundred feet because it made up for the Stanton Ham run going like two hundred feet in that joke of the stadium. Yeah, I mean we've seen Aaron Judge like get hot and then like he goes to that period where like people just figure out that he can't hit sliders away and so then like his stroutgrapher a little while. But I think he's fixing to get paid, and I think the Yankees probably botched this a little bit not paying him before the season, although I think I could see both sides of that one, and I think ultimately I kind of lean like Yankees with like his injury history and like not paying him so like they can't afford to lose his But for.
Speaker 1: The Yank I think it's good for the Yankees to because of the injury history he's had. I think you could sell it to the fan base better coming off the big year that you make the investment, Like you're gonna have to pay him through the nose, no matter why. You have to pay a ton for Aaron Judge, So you might.
Speaker 2: Have because of that joke.
Speaker 3: Stadium they have a part of their stadium named after after him, like Judges Quarters or whatever that is, and like left field, like they have to rebrand that.
Speaker 2: If they if they don't resign him to be like, oh, take down somehow.
Speaker 1: I think the Yankees will find a way to get it done. Tarik Schouble continues to be good. Seven shoutoutings for him over the A's Robbie Ray. Nice performance from him. Ten strikeouts over the Phillies. Oh at Phillies lineup. I'm telling you Jojo already better watch himself. I'm telling you the rumblings in Philadelphia are going to get stronger and stronger as they struggle. Madison Bumgarner was good against Miami. Kyle Bradish. How about this eleven strikeouts against the Cardinals. Is because it is Bradish, a guy that everybody should be running to the waiver wire to pick up.
Speaker 3: I don't know about running to the waiver wire, but I did look into him a little bit this morning, and I mean, there are some good numbers there. The thing for me is that like he's kind of like a fringe talent on a bad team, which like if he was like on the Dodgers, then yeah, I'd be sprinting to the waiver wire. But like, the strikeout numbers were good. He had some good strikeout numbers in like lower levels. We had that kind of like twenty twenty lowlast year where you kind of like missed that year of development.
Speaker 2: But I mean it looked pretty.
Speaker 3: Good, and it's you know, it's good that left field in Camden Yards is now eight hundred feet away, so that helps.
Speaker 1: It's so ugly too, Can I just kiddy this. It's ugly dangerous, It's ugly, it's dangerous. It's no fun. I get trying to adjust it, but they've adjusted it in such a way where it's it's such an eyesore. I really hate it. And it's such a beautiful place and I've been there numerous times to watch baseball live and if you have never been, and I encourage you to, it's a beautiful ballpark, but it is really just crappy, like they did a crap job.
Speaker 3: Another we could do an Alas trade and like move in left field and cam yards and like give some of that fence to right different Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to split the difference. Cedric Mullens Homeward Soule base four hit day for him. He's red hot right now. Snell looking good in a triple A start, so he should be joining that rotation relatively soon, perhaps on the weekend, perhaps beginning of next week. We shall see. And then Justin Turner finally signs of life. Four hits, four ribies last night, and that when Tony Gonsolon got another win, and of course against the Pirates. I'm telling you this is your time. That Thera is like one. It's time to get out of Tony gonsoln business and flip them for something better if you can. On the injury front, Saya Suzuki almost returned to the lineup but was scratched. Did not oh sorry, he did appear as a pitch hitter, and the Rays say no injury to Wander Franco. We're just pulling him out because this game is out of control. I was talking to you before the show started today, Mayor, and I said that the Rays have to pull off another deal like they did last year where they brought in Nelson Cruz type bat. They got to bring in somebody because they don't have a middle of the order presence. And look, if you're the Rais and a Rose Ray is not hitting and some of these other guys are struggling and it's just wander Frankel. That's not enough offensively to compete for the ease right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they already pulled off their best move over the last few years in getting rid of heim Bloom and sending him to the Red Sox, and so that has really changed the dynamic in the Al East.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're the Rays. They always do something. They'll either they'll promote someone who will just like pitch lights out, or you know, they'll find some gem in the bargain. Vand I mean, this is what they do.
Speaker 1: But you gotta score runs, like I mean, he's just you got to put more runs on the table. That's it. He Actually, here's a good question too with the Snell return. This is from Mark. The Snell return affect Gore spot in the rotation. Your thoughts, Mike Mayer. So we have Musgrove, Darvish, and Meniah locked in correct, So after that, so anybody into Clevenger just came back. So that's your four. I'm sure Nick Martinez can go bounce. Is Gore in trouble, he could be, I mean he shouldn't be, but he could be.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd ideally like to see them and you don't really want to go to a six man rotation because you don't want to like not start Darvish, Manaia and the others. But they do have Clevenger coming back from injury, so he wouldn't you know, he could benefit from nextra day off. They've shown in the past that like they're not all in on Gore, I mean with his like previous struggles. But I mean, I feel like he's pitching well enough now that he should stick in the rotation. But we'll see. They've done this before.
Speaker 1: And I imagined, you know, you want to get the lefty in that rotation. So if Snell is healthy, I don't think they're gonna rush Snell. That being said, I think they're gonna wait and bide their time a little bit. All right, let's talk about this. Major League Baseball executives were polled on some big topics in twenty twenty two. So here's how some of the results shook out. Which player or team has been the biggest surprise. The top vote getter was Taylor Ward, which would have been my vote, five votes for him. Eric Cosmer had three, the Twins had three, The National League West ed one vote, and then the Rockies, the Angels. Some moron was surprised about the Brewers. I don't know what moron that was. Carlos Rodan got to vote, Eric Lower got to vote. So I'll ask you, of all these are another one, who's the biggest surprise so far of twenty twenty two?
Speaker 3: The biggest surprise is the answers to these polls, because these are garbage answers.
Speaker 1: Like it, like you were saying, like I've been waiting to see today, let's go. I was a garbage answers.
Speaker 2: I was reading this before you started. I was Ward makes sense.
Speaker 3: I was like, Hosmerbo's the dumb one because he's he's done this before. I mean, maybe it's surprising he stayed hot this long, but I mean, like the Twins aren't that that surprising? They went out and got Korea, you know, like you knew they were going to try and win and know West, Like that's the least surprising thing maybe in baseball history that the n West is good.
Speaker 1: The Diamondbacks are a couple of games over five hundred is shocking. I'm shocked by that. So the division is a hockey up there. Yeah, but like the fact that everyone the division's over five hundred, that's that's shocking. I get that one.
Speaker 3: I would bet money that that answer came from like the GM of the Rockies or the Diamondbacks, like, oh, look.
Speaker 2: At us, We're a surprise.
Speaker 1: Probably not a surprise. Come on, Eric, Eric Lower would be a good one too. I think Lower and I think uh Taylor Ward would be the two answers. Okay, let's do another one. Let's see what kind of garbage you think This one is? Which player or team has been the biggest dis appointment? Your Red Sox got eight votes? The Reds got five, But I mean you had to know what. Joey Vado alone got three, The Phillies got three. I'm gonna tell you what I think the Phillies Trevor Story got one vote, But the Phillies would be my thing cause I thought the Phillies with Cassie Allison Schwarber, I thought that those are two really good moves and it's just not come together for this Phillies team right now and they just don't look good offensively. They they've had some struggles in the bullpen. So that would be my vote, would be the Phillies. But who's the biggest disappointment team? More individual for you and don't sing me that's not a good answer.
Speaker 3: Well you have Well that ties into my argument about the Red Sox because you have to have expectations in that are to be disappointed, and so I don't have any expectations for you, and so you continue to not disappoint me.
Speaker 1: Because it's like, isn't that what Vince Vaughan says at the beginning of Dodgeball, If you don't set goals, then you can't fail, and then you know you're you're in good shape after that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and if you can dodge a rench, you can dodge a ball.
Speaker 1: That is also but that he didn't say that one, and that was what Rip Torn said. But he said, if you don't I find if you don't have goals, then you're not disappointed when you don't reach them. And I gotta say, it feels pretty good. I think I'm paraphrasing, but I'm pretty close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so did you?
Speaker 1: So do you have an answer? Is it the Red Sox? They're they're the most disappointing.
Speaker 2: See, I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: I think in general, yes, but like I was very low and the Red Sox coming into the year, So I'm not that disappointed in them because this is I mean, the reds is obviously a dumb answer because like they gave up months ago before the season even started. I think the Phillies is probably the right answer. Marcus Simeon is an answer. But I think a lot of people kind of saw this coming. You know, there were a lot of smart people in the baseball industry being like, I wouldn't really buy and simon this year, the Phillies is a go on. I figured they would struggle more with like just pitching than opposed to the lineup, but they're kind of struggling with both.
Speaker 1: All Right, who will be the biggest name moved? The front office executives voted Frankie Montoss to be the most That's what I would have said to Montoss. Guestio got the second most votes. Somebody said, Xander Bogar's five people. Actually, if al they had two votes, you Nola gotta vote, Bryan Reynolds got to vote. Nelson Cruz is definitely going to be moved. Joey Gallo gotta vote, which thought was interesting but the most interesting. Somebody said Juan Soto. And there's no way they're trading Juan Soto right now. They can't there. I just I can't see them doing it now and in season. That would be shocking to me. But we shall see. Frankie Mantos at Guesto. Those are the two for me, and Xander Bogarts makes a lot of sense if they're going to look, you can't be happy with you got at Trevor story so far. So if I was the Red Sox, I'd be very careful about moving Xander Bogarts. But who is the biggest name in your opinion that's going to get moved for the trade deadline?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the.
Speaker 3: Top two or you know, as close to locks to getting moved as you can get. I think the Bogarts one is interesting because it came out last week that like he's pissed at the Red Sox and that they like lowballed him.
Speaker 2: You know another Hein Bloom special. I was watching MLB Network this morning and they had an interesting fit for a Bogarx trade, and that was the Cardinals, who just sent down Paul Dean to the minor leagues and could really use a good shortstop like Xander Bogart's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we talk about that move? By the way they pulled the young get sent down. You can easily move a guy who want to go glove and Tommy Edmond over to shortstop who played shortstop in the minor leagues and call up Noan Gorman. Yet we refuse to do this. I am losing patience with the Cardinals. I now, is Nolan Gorman getting protected because they're gonna make that kind of deal? Is he gonna go to the Boston Red Sox? If so, fine, but they are cramping my style with this, dude, I am. I am not happy. I saw the young thing and I went, oh, oh, who's the call up? And I saw it. I was like, you gotta be kidding me, Bro, that's not the guy.
Speaker 3: To bro, Bro, you got your your Juan Yepez, so just be happy with that.
Speaker 1: First to get my Yez. But I mean, do we have a Yepez dispenser joke all lined up already or not, like when he hits a home run or something that. I mean, they've got to have that on the scoreboard where.
Speaker 2: It's I I'm sure John Sterling will come up with something stupid.
Speaker 3: Pez dispenses home run he speaking of he called that run he was like a Stantonian blast.
Speaker 2: I was like, that went like two hundred feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say that was not a Stantonian plast. It is high, it is far, it is caught by the short high neither of those the third out. Yeah, not a not a great look. All right, Let's move to Sarah Langs here for a second. Here's a fun fact that she posted on the Twitter machine. Redebt Meurs yesterday entered with a six three three e RA. That's the third highest career e RA at the time of throwing a no hitter. Wilson Alvarez had one that was off the charts, but it was early in ninety one. And infinity is what you wrote. And then Bobo Holloman, everybody loves a good Bobo Holloman great quote or a moment who had an era of eight four to four. So is this the time to trade redebt meers in your opinion?
Speaker 3: Yeah, last night was the time to trade redets, like the second after the.
Speaker 2: At first place, you trade.
Speaker 1: Him nice before everybody's sobered up. All right, Nolan Gorman watched this is day? Was this like twenty six? I feel like now I feel like we're in day twenty six of Nolan Gorman watch. So tomorrow will be day twenty seven. I can't believe the young got sent down and we didn't get them called up. I just all right, trivia question here and this is this is yours. So I don't have an answer for this one. So Mike Mayer's in control of this. Mike Mayer, why don't you this is your trivia question, Why don't you throw it out there to the Peanuts and cracker Jacks who were watching and listening to the show.
Speaker 3: Sure, so there were a bunch of fun Josh Haters stats last night because he got you know, he hit that like, what is it like five hundred strikeout? So his Josh Hater's forty four point three percent strikeout rate is by far the highest mark for any pitcher with at least two hundred innings pitched. Do you do you know who number two on the list is? And the hint is that it's a current reliever, a current.
Speaker 1: Reliever that has a strikeout rate higher than forty four.
Speaker 3: Lower than forty four. Number two, Josh Hater's number one. This is number two. It's above forty but it's below forty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's right below Hater. Is there like a minimum here? He's a current reliever meeting he's like a new guy, or is he.
Speaker 2: Like around somebody? It's with it.
Speaker 3: It's with at least two hundred innings, so he's been around. Well, he's he's a veteran.
Speaker 1: Okay, with at least two hundred innings pisched. So a veteran reliever. All right, I'm gonna think about that. Peanuts and Cracker Jackson. If you have an answer, go ahead and put it in there. A lot of people are saying, the world is Chapman? Is that the correct answer?
Speaker 2: It is not correct. No, not Chapman.
Speaker 1: It is not correct, is it? Edwin Diaz just also, okay, because Kaleo just said it, and I just said at the same time. So I don't think it's Kimberl. I saw Kimberle on that list. So we'll do some stat heroes, and zero's Kimbrel, and then it's Kimbrel. It is Kimbrel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, the hirsh is right, Kimberrel.
Speaker 2: Look at you.
Speaker 1: The hirsh has got it. Well done, Hirsh well done. All right, so there's your answer. Let's get to the stat heroes. Besides Redebt Meers, Justin Verlander eight scoreless innings to Rescooble seven squirreless sttings, Kyle Bradish again the eleven k's unbelievable against the cards, Lucas Giolito five k's, one earned run, Freddy p five and two thirds one more out? Could we get him one more out to get the quality start? G'z ak's in a win over the Reds. The hitters last night. Mike Trout was great two dingers, three for four, Cedric Mallins was on fire, Corey Seger two for three with two dingers. Look at Corey Seger heating up. I mentioned Justin Turner breakout, which is very important for the length of this Dodger lineup. Rafield Dever's two four with the dinger, Edwin Rios one home run, Aaron Judge had a dinger. Jonathan Scope, who has dropped in a lot of leaks last two weeks. Of course, as soon as you dropped Jonathan Scope, you know he's gonna start to get hot. That's just who he is. And of course Stanton with his massive home run, Nick Solak who stole two bags. Also yesterday, the pitchers, we had some zero's there for the Corey Kluber eight earned runs, eleven hits in a lost to the Angel. That one's got a sting for all those Clube people out there, sends a tele of five earned runs, Kyle Wright six earned runs yesterday. What happened to Kyle right here? It was a bad inning? Is that all it is? We just chalk it up to one bad inning and we move on, or you'll worried here.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's been kind of, like you know, earning some credit throughout. So like I I'm the genius who had Kyle Wright rostered in Dynasty leagues for like two or three years and dropped him before the season because I finally like got tired of waiting.
Speaker 2: And so that was great time.
Speaker 1: I've done the same thing in my in the past. I actually roped him last year because I was like, enough is enough. This is never gonna happen, So I can't blame it for doing it.
Speaker 3: He was getting a lot of credit last night because all six of those runs were in like in the second inning, I think, and they were like, oh, you know, he really bounced back and you know, showed some toughness to like, you know, go three more innings and like, you know, shut it down for that.
Speaker 1: So whatever, So he doesn't make the tough guy segment. So you're saying it was not really tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for him, Okay.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough. Brad Keller five earned runs, hazus Lozardo four and runs in two and two thirds. Remember last week when I was saying, maybe Hazos Azaro is a perfect guy to be flipping right now, because it can't get much better than this, and I don't know if it's gonna sustain. Of course, I put Joe Ryan in my line for the first time in my killer Home League pitching staff, where I've got Verlander parole at the time, I've got Schureser, I've got everybody and I was like, you know what, We're gonna finally crack the Joe Ryan two star week, and of course he sucked, so I'm sorry. It's my fault everyone, and Jordan Romano with a rare bad outing, two walks, three earned in a third of an inning, Sheldon Noisy one for eight with four k's yesterday, Startling Marte over five with the hat trick, and then Jaber Bayez one for nine with two k's. Holy crap, Jaber Bayer's is my big bust of the year going into the season, big contract, bad line of protection, changing leagues, so many things could go wrong with Hobby Bayaz and they all have. And I'm not trying to take a victory lap, but what I'm trying to put out there.
Speaker 2: Is, but you're trying to take me to we need to learn.
Speaker 1: That this is an important thing to pay attention to when guys get these big contracts and they go to bad teams where they don't have line of protection, but historically they had places where they did and they lose that and they have a lot of swing and miss and they're kind of one of those you know, two true outcomes are gonna strike out or hit a home run. You got to take pay attention to that stuff. So can Hobby or Bayaz pull himself out of this in the second half? That is the question we saw Lindor do it at the end of last year. Is there that run in there for Hobby Bias in your opinion in twenty two?
Speaker 2: I think there is.
Speaker 3: And I think like he's always been someone I've been like terrified of because he defies a ton of the underlying metrics, Like he's as like terrible plate disip discipline.
Speaker 2: He strikes out a ton, he swings out a bunch of stuff. But he also like he's got.
Speaker 3: Like a little bit of that like Vlad Senior in him where he just like swings at terrible pitches and crushes them. And so I think you'll see him He's always been like a little streaky, So I think you'll see him get hot and like he's.
Speaker 2: Never gonna give you like a high average.
Speaker 3: But I, uh, yeah, I think there's always reason to be cautious with Hobby or Bias, But I think you're gonna see hot streaks to kind of give you the numbers that you're looking for.
Speaker 1: Look, you could buy him dirt cheap, right, Now that's why I ask because as much as I wanted to flag him going into the year, I didn't have to draft him. Now I'm curious to trade for him because if he's gonna go dirt cheap, You're right, he's gonna have a run at some point or how long it's gonna be, but it's gonna be something. Now here's one of the benefits of being.
Speaker 2: A good All these questions you already know the answers.
Speaker 1: Yes, I try being popular and having insider information. Here I got a little inside information from somebody close actually to the Saint Louis situation here in my DMS, So I'm gonna read this. This person is nameless, but this person is in the media, and this person does cover the Cardinals, so I don't want to put him out there. And he also is a big listener of the show. He's a big fan. This person knows who they are as I'm reading this altum. So I help him out with fantasy football stuff, so he likes to help me out with baseball things. See see the exchange of goods and services we do here on leading off. This is very important. The potential path for Gorman is an eventual DFA for Corey Dickerson. And apparently what's going on is it seems they're reluctant to use Edmonds's shortstop even though despite he could do it. What they want to do is they want to have Gorman basically not be a DH but they're trying to make sure that if they do give Edmond some time to acclimate again to shortstop, that they don't rush that, that they do it over a period of time time. So that is the case. So if you start to see Edmund getting some starts at shortstop in the next week or two, that's your signal that Gorman's getting called up. So thank you very much on that insider information.
Speaker 3: On that note, just to back that up, I did read somewhere last night. I think it was Derrek Gould maybe said said something similar, not necessarily tying it to Gorman, but tying it to Edmund and shortstop. He is taking ground ball, it's to shortstop before games. They're just like not ready to They're like happy with what he's doing at second base. He's off there a great start, like at the plate, and so they're like taking the shortstopthing very slow.
Speaker 2: So that does make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there you go. See this, This is why you listen to the show because we get insider information. There. I can get you whatever you need. What do you need? Here's a guys who went zero for four or three strikeouts? Ready, that says or Hernandez Patrick wisdom to ask Hernandez, welcome back, Isaiah Kiner, Falefa Tyler, O'Neil, Kyle Schwarber, Kyle Schwarber and Bobby went So there you go. Another fun fact that you threw in hear anthe and don't hit a home run left handed last night while all these players have zero home runs on the year, Joey Vado, Marcus Simeon. I didn't realize Marcus Simeon had no home runs yet. I did not realize that. Trevor's story, Austin Meadows, Witt, Murrayfield, Cabrian Hayes, Robbie Grossman, and Yulie Giel. Who is your favorite, by low of this group here, Mayor oh.
Speaker 2: Man, that's a great question.
Speaker 3: I would say probably Merryfield, but I mean, like his bad at ball data terrible, but it's always kind of been terrible, and I don't think you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get like any power out of him.
Speaker 3: But I mean you could get in the second half, not the word ad second half yet, but like a decent average and since stolen bases and so if someone's like really panicking and giving wit Maryfield away for free, I'll take those tolen bases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Merryfield, and the other guy would be Simeon. You know why he just signed a giant contract on a bad team with not a lot of lineup protection. Oh, oh my goodness, I just gave you the Kevin from Home alone right here, Kevin McAllister live on the YouTube channel. Because it's Joe shocked that the guy who had a great year is now moving to a place where it's terrible and signed a big contract and it is changing his entire life. It's a transition.
Speaker 3: He's not playing in A ballparks anymore. What's that He's not playing in Triple A ballparks anymore? Remember the Blue Days were playing like.
Speaker 1: Look, I missed it eaton so much. Let's go to the home run board. The Niking in the North still at the top with twelve. All I do is win with twelve, JP thirty four with eleven, the Blum with eleven as well. Uh, we've got some double digitals as well. Larry ces up on the board and what's Flarge Socks is on the board as well with ten. Mike Mayor luckily is not on this board. All I do is win is ta though. Yeah, because the Aaron Judge and Larry c up to double digits thanks to Judge last night too, So some good work in the home run contest being done. All I did it again.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I got two from Mike Judge, from Mike Judge, Mike Trout last night, I got one for that's three in the last two days from Mike Trout for Mike Mayor.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, yesterday when I came back. You're lucky because I made Scott Bogman accidentally Chris Welsh. I don't know if he caught that, but of course Chris did, and of course set me a screenshot of it, so that was very funny.
Speaker 3: So no, but I have done an entire show as someone else before because there wasn't like an overlay for me, so I did like an entire show as Tuma, I think once.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm sorry to hear that. Let's get to tonight's action. The the betting pros and of course head over to betting pros dot com slash mlbprops, or we could see the prop betcheet sheet for the night. These are all pulled right from there, and I encourage you to use the promo code leading off when you go to bet mgm, the King of Sportsbooks. Special offer for new users bet ten dollars win two hundred when you bet on any single game, regardless of the outcome. Sign up today, download the betmgm app or go to betmgm dot com. Promo code leading off. One word leading off. That's the code ten bucks two hundred. What do you want from me? All right, let's go on the rest of these.
Speaker 2: Yere.
Speaker 1: Jose Ramirez total basis on DK today one and a half at plus one twenty five. Yes, please, I want to pair that with all these I'm gonna put all these these Cleveland Guardians ones together runs for Jose Ramirez at point five. So if I like the total bases, I probably like the runs prop. I might as well do that too, plus one oh five. Josh Naylor, he's been on fire. They're all going against Alaskas too. He stinks. One and a half is the number of total bases for Josh Naylor. He's at plus one forty on that number. Give it a go, it is worth a shot. Jose l two a total bases on DK one and a half plus one thirty. I like the over on that. I'm kind of tempted with the Frano mil one because I'm getting plus two to oh five mayor mayor plus two oh five for an RBI. For Frano mil all he needs is one RBI. Can he do it? I don't know, Mike Maher. What are some that caught your eye on this day?
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny watching you go through them, because I like, I did mine without looking at ears, and I almost picked a bunch of the same ones. And I did pick a couple of similar ones, or at least the same game. I also have fran Mil I have him over half a total base, so at least one total base. That one's minus one thirty three. But like you said, A stinks. I have Aaron Savali minus one forty for over three and a half strikeouts.
Speaker 2: He's not a big.
Speaker 1: Strikeout and a half pretty low.
Speaker 3: He's like eight in his last start, so I'm hoping to get at least four there and then my big not big, but like my plus money gamble is Ty France against some picture named Bailey Falter over one and.
Speaker 2: A half total basis for plus one forty five.
Speaker 1: So, so, guy, what's his name? Falter? Is that what you.
Speaker 2: Said to say, Bailey Falter?
Speaker 3: It's like last year we were talking about Packy Naughton a lot on this show. Bailey Falter might be the new guy we talked about.
Speaker 1: My favorite guy used to be Genesis Cabrera, who I said, if that's not the name of somebody who is a professional dancer now in Miami somewhere, you know, I don't know, what is the name of a professional dancer Jennis now to the stage, Genesis Cabrera? Like that totally sounds like that. I liked. Falter is an unfortunate name for a starting pitcher, just.
Speaker 2: Not as unfortunate as Homer.
Speaker 1: Bailey or the no, no more unfortunate. Gotta go back, got a god, dial it back. Who is that guy? Was his name? Bobo Bobo Holloman, Bobo Hollo. I do enough Bobo's in baseball nowadays? Besides them, we're in general, al right, you know enoughbos in general? In general? Yeah, maybe you should take on the Bobo Moniker. I mean, just throwing it out there. Here's the DFS outlook for the day. In the main slate on DK, Tylow the terrible nine point nine, Shane mcclanah ten point two, going head to ahead, agains Shoie Otani was eight point eight. I mean, I don't know why you wouldn't take Otani at eight point eight on DK and play him with McGill and just be done with it. You could go with Jose your Queedi too at eight point one on DK and along with Otani, or you could go with your Creedy and Shane McClanahan and kind of offset the cost. There's just a lot. Those are the four guys. Basically, I would interchange and build lineups around that way. On FanDuel side, tylor is ten k mcclanahan's ten point three, So giveing McLanahan Showiotani's ten point eight. I'm sure everybody's gonna be on Otani. So I would go to McLanahan instead in tournaments tonight over on fandel in the single picture site and your Queedy at seven point six. If you want to go all the way down and go get stacks of Houston and the New York Mets tonight. That's a way to look at it. Lineup builders Heimer Candelario on DK three point five, jan Ya Pez, the Dispenser of Justice and home runs a three k on DK, Adam Duvala two point five on FanDuel with Merryfield is just two point four. He's still like five on DK, but Vandal's like screw that, he's two point four. Jonah Heim same thing, he's two point three on fandel on DK, he's five point two. I think tonight or five to one. Jan Ya Pez on FanDuel's cheap two at two point eight, and Julie Gariel no home runs. Perhaps tonight's the night at two point five. Any other guys you got your eye on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So for pitching, your Queedie and mcguil would be it would be the two guys I went to just for price wise and for lineup builders. Brandon Neimo's only two point nine on FANDUL.
Speaker 2: He's the one. I like a lot.
Speaker 3: I like juan Ya Pez a lot. And also like there's a ton of really bad pitching on this slate tonight, and so just like look at the lineups and pick your favorite terrible pitcher, Bailey Falter, although I think he's just target one of our bad pictures and stack him.
Speaker 1: Home run calls of the night. I am going with Matt Olsen against your boy Nadie Valdi, who's giving up the second most home run so far, h only to Hunter Green. So if you're behind Hunter Green and you're number two, you've really achieved something. That is what I'm saying. Basically, who are you going with for your home run call tonight? Who's going yard mayor?
Speaker 3: I wanted to keep going, keep it going with Mike's and do like another Mike trap, but I was like, looking at the slave, there's there's just not enough Mike's or Michael's in baseball. I had to consider stretching it to Mike hal Franco.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Well, gian Carlo Stanton used to be Mike Stanton, so you could have gone that round.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't pick yankee yankee guy and I.
Speaker 1: But this is business, not personal. I don't care if you like it. Is this why you hated the Aaron Judge things so much? If if Raphaeld Devers had given that ball to a kid or or a like, you know, signed all this stuff after that, would you feel differently about that moment or no? Because now Aaron Judge.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it because it was Yankees. I definitely contributed, but I hated how much we were talking about it.
Speaker 2: When it happens every day. This happens every day, Like, why are we still talking about it four days later?
Speaker 1: So I'm going action because he was like so like immediately hugged the guy, and he was.
Speaker 2: Very you know Overwels, who cares.
Speaker 1: Like the scarface of Fantasy Baseball. You're like like Mayor, all right, Mike Mayor. So you couldn't pick a mic, So no magic mics for Mike Mayor. So what are you gonna go instead?
Speaker 3: You got doctor, said Mike's And you know I did. I did consider that one, but I didn't like his matchup. So I'm gonna go complete opposite of Mike. I'm going with Tye France.
Speaker 1: Okay, I realized that was the complete opposite.
Speaker 2: Of a mic.
Speaker 1: Also, real quick, we got one more question. Here is Sheldon Noisy Worth holding? That's from Jeremy. You want to hold onto Noisy? I mean he's got a job. I would hold onto him.
Speaker 3: No I had reached out on Twitter like I forget these act players, but it was like much better players than the waiver wire.
Speaker 2: And they're like, who should I drop?
Speaker 3: And they just showed me a screench out of like fifteen players that was like noisy and they're like, I just picked them up.
Speaker 1: Well, sure don't care in attend team league? Yeah, I mean I could certainly understand.
Speaker 2: Answer is the answer regardless of when you picked them up.
Speaker 1: All right, final thoughts I tread carefully here, But Mike Mayor any final thoughts for today before we close out things? No, no thanks old school Dan Harris giving me no and then giving You can say no and then say something like Dan used to or no.
Speaker 2: No, just no, there's no final thoughts. Ah.
Speaker 1: He's special, boys and girls, He's Mike Mayor. We always love having him on the show here every Wednesday, and also will remind you if you want to get in that home run contest, join our discord at fancypros dot com slash chat. It's free to join, go check it out. You got to be a premium member to get in the home run calls. Use the promo code of leading Off at bet MGM, The King of Sports Books make your wagers. We got a ton of them out there today. And of course go check out all the great content at fantasypros dot com. And why don't you subscribe to our YouTube check if you watch the video like this video, it's literally the least you can do. Like the video, subscribe to Fancy Bros MLB and thanks for hanging out with us. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on. For Mike Mayer, I'm Joey P. We will see you next time. Kids, Noisy