Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: I wore a Larry necklace for you today. Let me see it says fuck?
Speaker 1: Oh it says fuck. I can't see that. It's it's blurry. It's cute. I like it. I am. I thought of that when I was putting on my necklaces to my gold. So what we're referring to is when I was on the show with Tory, I always wanted to wear gold. Wit.
Speaker 2: Are we allowed to say nine or two on our or now?
Speaker 1: Are we? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm messing with you the show.
Speaker 1: The show not a two and oh. I used to like gold, and so I would always ask for gold and Tory would always be like, what the fuck is with the gold, Like it's silver, and I'm like, no, it's gold. You gotta go with golds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You started me on that because I would just make fun of you, but I always trust it your fashion instinct. And that's when we came up with the name Larry, because I called you Larry's from Larry from Three's Company because you wear like big gold chains. Yeah, that's my Larry.
Speaker 1: So I have something funny to show you that I brought out.
Speaker 2: To show you oh my gosh, Okay, I see it, Claire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Pete Peter Ferrero who you know. Yes, I was shootings Women with Sharks, this show that I did, and he said to me, I have the flare necklace from Mollie. If you want it, I will bring it to you on set. And so he brought it to me. I was like, yeah, I want it. So he brought it to me. So it's very prized possession.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. And that was like way before. So if you can't see, well you can't see what we're showing. It's a gold name necklace and it's Claire from nine and that was way before like Sex and the City and like Harry or the name necklace. Like, yeah, it totally was you pretty much.
Speaker 1: That's like the highlight of my life. I think at this point. That's why a lot of mark that's like you.
Speaker 2: Know, watermark on nine outs and no. Okay. So I was trying to think the other day, like, because you know, I can visualize everything, I can't remember the first time we ever met, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean I I have a pretty good memory of it. Like, so it was definitely so when I started on the show, I don't think we really had any scenes together, but I remember sort of slowly systematically getting to meet each cast member, you know, and it was it was fucking weird. I mean, I just remember it was very kind of like, oh, there's you know, there's Luke and oh you know, some ad would be like, oh, I'll introduce you or and I feel like I met you in that dumpy little hallway where the dressing rooms were, and I can visualize your dressing room. It was on the right and it was like you had like a like a futon on the ground right, like a big up ground and and I just remember.
Speaker 2: You were so was it pink by then?
Speaker 1: But opposite of yeah, it was like very it was very shabby.
Speaker 2: Chic, right it was yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like like it was like a sting show, like chipped white wood and lots of Rachel ash was it Rachel Ashcroft Rael Yeah Ashwell, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that was like my first I mean, before I moved out, I had that dressing room first. So growing up, I you know, my mom decorated every thing, picked everything, so I was, you know, never had much of a say, so I went overboard on that dressing room and I was like, I'm a girl. I've always wanted pink. I've never had pink anywhere, so it was like, yeah, nobismo pink. It was disgusting.
Speaker 1: And you had a TV remember I did, with like the lay Chess. Yeah, and we would lay in there at lunch and watch like there was a soap you always watched that. I was like, why are oh my god, like, why are we watching this soap opera? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: Like it was like a Days of Our Lives? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, great, I'm sorry I did that to you.
Speaker 1: And we would order lunch from marmalade.
Speaker 2: Marmalade, always marmalade. Yeah, but you started season four though, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know either.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We need we need someone here to.
Speaker 2: Because you're in high school. Yeah, I we were just to be older, but then all of a sudden you became a series regular and we were all the same age. Correct well, because Clara had a photographic memory and she was very intelligent, so they just like it. Oh yeah, I know this stuff only because we do the rewatch. Otherwise I wouldn't remember anything. Yeah, well that's not true.
Speaker 1: Is it weird for you rewatching all this stuff, like is it just like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: I gotta say, I'm able to finally watch myself. It's taken this long, like thirty three years for me to be able to look at myself and not be like cringe. I mean there's a few things, but in general, I'm able to take in the character and be like, oh, I like her, like and objectively for the first time. So that's kind of fun. But still, I mean, my highlight and I talk about this all the time in the show is Claire and Donna together aka you and I in real life. So the college years are always my favorite because we lived together and we went to college and went to see you and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was fun. I mean obviously you know I've told you this before. Like my you know, my memories of that experience very much are just kind of like you and I and like we just I was having fun. Yeah, the rest was you know, complicated.
Speaker 2: I was it complicated? Kay. We always ask people when you've been on nine on two and l like, hey, you know, I'm just curious, who was the first person you met? Did you feel that the class was approachable? So I'll just ask those typical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like Jason, being Canadian, was very friendly, very approachable. I mean, I don't obviously want to systematically go through each person and to rag on people, but yeah, I mean I think there was definitely an energy about it. It was very much you know, when I started, it was right when Shannon was leaving, so I remember having, you know, some exchanges with her that were sort of like very you know, I think she was obviously in a really difficult place, and so it was it was like a complicated sort of transition.
Speaker 2: And I think, oh and you and Tiffany pretty much started the same season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tiffany as well. Right, Yeah, like I think obviously, I mean, you know this, like I was definitely kind of very different, I think than everybody else in that. Like I was from you know, Hamilton, blue collar and town, and I was very sort of a little bit more you know, I wasn't fancy, so to speak, and I think I was just kind of I always felt a bit like an observer and like was sort of taking it all in. And you were kind of my like safe haven. Like you were like totally normal, totally fun, completely in your body, completely authentic, just like great, you know, and I think that a lot of other people on the show were like just were more complicated.
Speaker 2: If that makes yeah, it does. I mean it's got to be incredibly intimidating nonetheless, to come into such a mega hit. I mean, yeah, that would be your version. In Canada. People come onto your shows when you were younger and like, for sure, yeah, I don't sure. It's never easy. It's never easy going onto someone else's set, even now, like.
Speaker 1: If oh my god, I know I it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Because of nine o two and zero and I saw how other people were treated. I definitely go on to a set a little nervous, but it's nice coming into a set with adults. It's not always you know, we were all young and so that was a hard time.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you like, see that's I feel like you were even conscious of that back then, because I feel like it always went out of your way with people, and I remember like seeing that as the years went on, and you know, like you always were the person that would like go up to the guest star or you would like make sure that a new director felt safe, or like you just always were hyper aware of that. And I'm not sure if that's just like something that was instilled in you growing up with your dad. Like but it was like very much something that was part of who you were and it wasn't forced.
Speaker 2: I think. I think it's just me. I don't know, I just have we have empathy for people, and you know, I just never people are there to do their job and it's a big opportunity. And I never wanted anyone to feel less than or yeah, yeah, I always wanted to go out of my way to make them feel more than us, you know, like anything I could do.
Speaker 1: And you always did, not to say you were like a total little like shit disturber too.
Speaker 2: On the side, Well so were you? You did it really well together. No one ever saw it coming. Oh we were like, oh the makeup department, Oh my god, knew all the guys on the set, Like we were like the two what would you call us? Like I'm trying to think, like on Ones, the final like we would always be with the crew and makeup and just like fun, fun and just laugh. We laughed a lot. Yeah we did, and that was really good. I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: And we did on Scary Movie.
Speaker 2: Too, also, I know, which is so I feel like.
Speaker 1: It was like the same shit all over again ten years later, or however many years later it was it.
Speaker 2: It was I was twenty six when I did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like twenty yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was right after nine o two had ended for me, Yes, what are the chances?
Speaker 1: You know? And I remember I was cast already in that movie, and I remember like getting like they were like, okay, so they were casting your role. And then I remember when they were like, so we've casted, We've cast Tory Spelling, And I was like, are you kidding me? What the fuck? Like, I'm actually going to get to work with you again. And we had so much fun on that. I mean, that was like so much and so crazy.
Speaker 2: And I was so scared I wasn't going to get the park because you were in it. And I was like, are they going to make the connection? Like I am trying trying to transition to the big screen whatever that means anymore. But I was like, you know two nine o two one oh girls, I was like, yeah, no one even thought twice about it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't even think they connected it.
Speaker 2: No, which was great. We were like that's cool. Yeah, And then you met your husband Chris, because we did Scary You together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you were dating can I say? I mean, yeah, and you were dating Rick over sir, he's one of my husband's best friends.
Speaker 2: I just, all of a sudden, being me felt the need, like because I'm like, no one ever thinks I get anything on my own. I was cast into the movie before Rick and I met.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but you know me, I like said, my wife is like telling people why I like my dad, Like, no.
Speaker 1: You like fully met on set for that job and like got that job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember it was almost for USA Bulk. Yeah, we had so much time. I remember that because oh my god. I mean, you guys can hear us talking and you if you guys are fans or you know that we have had an exceptional friendship over the last what twenty years? She's twenty five.
Speaker 1: Thirty sixty sixty, seventy years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're only two months younger than me. But yeah, we went through a lot of relationships together, a lot of boys and a lot of boyfriends. Like remember when I had to come like basically move in. Sorry, I'm skipping back now to nine days. That's how we'll like line up our friendship. We'll either call it Nino or scary movie too too. Yeah, but you were in Brentwood and I was with that bad boyfriend. I was getting out of that relationship and as yeah, okay, and then I remember I met Casper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, oh my god, I forgot about that. Yeah, I mean you laughed at him talking about Casper Indian. He's an actor, lovely, lovely man, like love him, but he had He's very looking, I mean, like so good looking to the point where it was just sort of ridiculous. And he had a Casper tattoo on his bicepp and so that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was very Yeah. So he came on to to play my love interest Griffin. Yeah, and were and I always drew you into my madness, like you had to go out with me and hang out with this guy because I could never do it alone. I did this time with you, and yeah, I remember hanging your apartment Broen. He was very nice. He was like too nice, he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was very sweet.
Speaker 2: That was the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and I have always had the opposite in terms of huh, I like the guys that really right?
Speaker 2: Right, she loves god, Oh my god, I can't even say it. Like, it's hard for me to get it out because I'm the opposite. She loves guys that are so nice, that take care of her, that are doting, that almost like sickening. Yeah, not like it's just called being a gentleman like. But I never understood it.
Speaker 1: No, I know it was like opposite and I never was into those guys.
Speaker 2: No, So we never had a problem when we would meet guys because we would like puller opposites.
Speaker 1: No. And who was the guy? Remember there was the guy with the brown hair who was also on a two one. Was his name Trevor Trevor And we went to like I remember, like a knight. Him and his friend was like on a double date or something. We went to like Dupars or something on Lebrea.
Speaker 2: Yep, and he was I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I can't say all this stuff. He was what he was loved. He was a lovely man of leading me.
Speaker 2: Oh he treated me like crap right that went south? Mm hmm. Someone mentioned him the other day and I did, like this Google search. He's a realtor.
Speaker 1: Now, oh, really interesting. But what about Jamie Walters.
Speaker 2: Though, aw, Jamie was the sweetest. Yeah, the three of us hung out.
Speaker 1: I wanted you and Jamie to be a couple.
Speaker 2: I kind of like I wanted you to marry Jamie.
Speaker 1: I was like you, I feel like you guys would have been a good because he had a little bit of He wasn't too you know, sickeningly sweet nice like you're saying, but he was he had the edge, but he was like a good person. I thought I loved him.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, Yeah, he married, divorced, divorced, Okay, and he lives like five minutes from me.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: We text now and then and he's like, oh, you know, and our kids. Oh, like two of his kids go to the same school. It's like, yeah, interesting, I know, I know. I I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was living with he Drew right when we when we worked with him, he was living with Drew correct or are they know? Are they broken up? Maybe?
Speaker 2: I don't rememb'd broken up? Oh he lived with a bunch of guys because I used to sleep over there. Oh that's right, platonically, Yeah, he never liked me? Why didn't he like me?
Speaker 1: Really he did that?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't think he did.
Speaker 1: Okay, remember the pumpkin patch when we went to the actual pumpkin patch.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. I felt like, I don't know. I was just like his fun girl. Remember he was dating, that's right. He had that really oh nice and.
Speaker 1: He now I remember he had a very very young girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not illegally young.
Speaker 1: Not illegally young, but like a young sweet girl that was just kind of like, I'm obsessed.
Speaker 2: With you, right, But it was also his manager, his music manager at the time, who was enormous. It was his daughter, that's right.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was a tough one. So it was never going to work out for us because after that experience, and then he's going to what date now, date the producer's daughter. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. Maybe if he had, they would have kept him on the show. I'm just kidding. That was a whole bunch. Just agree. So now we'll skip forward to scary movie. I remember, because we hadn't talked for a while, that I was scared to see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember feeling the same, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, we were such good friends and we had no reason that no friends, it's just oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wait too, remember, oh god, what I started to almost bet my pants of story, No, scared you.
Speaker 2: Remember remember when I had my vintage like antique car. Yeah, I had the pickup truck I had like Mercedes, and like I drove them once or something whatever. But you remember the night it was like a Sunday night and we went to Malibu.
Speaker 1: To Oh no, not that Jeffries.
Speaker 2: Nope, not that one with the clam chowder which I'll never eat again. They just went, Oh, they just closed down.
Speaker 1: No, I know you're talking about.
Speaker 2: It's on the sunset Gladstones. Oh gladstones, Yeah, Gladstones. So I think we were with Kevin, who was my roommate at the time. Dentist Kevin, dentist Kevin.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Before he was oh my god, you hear me.
Speaker 1: I miss you. I have so many funny memories of you.
Speaker 2: Who are you talking to He's not here.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying hi to him if he's.
Speaker 2: If he's listening, he won't or he did an episode with him. He only listened to that one.
Speaker 1: You would listen to his Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Remember when he used to be he'd always be like, you're so flat, and he would right to your face. Oh god, he'd be like.
Speaker 1: Oh you ever talked about anyway? Keep going? I don't want to get off topic. Keep going.
Speaker 2: We were glad Stones. So we were at Gladstones and we clam chowder and everything and had a lot of drinks and they would make the like duck foil, like a duck the oil and give it to you. And then I don't know why we decided to go from Gladstones on a Sunday evening, mean clam chowder, but we decided in Malibu to drive all the way hand to Hollywood and what was that stripp drink called girls Girls Girls, No, yes, yep, yes, we went.
Speaker 1: There with the ducks, with the ducks, whale ducks, oiled foiled ducks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I didn't have to film the next day, but you did. So then Scary Movie Too, Right, We hadn't talked with h This is our friendship. Always had so much fun together. We started Scary Movie Too, and quite literally picked back up where we left off. Yeah, which was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it was like as nothing even, Yeah, was just yeah. And I was dating.
Speaker 2: Austin, right, yeah, Austin. I can't break myself away from this conversation. Moron talks about that all the time. Yeah, Austin, he was so great, God We've been with some great people. I mean, obviously you might ended up with the best one, but yeah, you have a good track record. I try not your friend Tee fifty one still not getting it right. Wait, so Scary Movie too. Yes, it was definitely what we talk about when we say like people coming onto our set. We were kind of newbies on that set just because they all knew each other from Scary Movie one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that was I don't know if you remember, but that Conduction was something where I think we were supposed to be working on it for like six weeks and it ended up being like four months. It was so over budget and like so crazy, and you remember like we would just go to set and we wouldn't even have sides. It would just be like we're just going to improvise today. Do you remember that.
Speaker 2: I do. In fact, there would there would be days we would come in, go through makeup and hair, we'd go to like one of our trailers, and we'd be talking and waiting and the way and would be writing stuff. Yeah, and then they'd be like, you know what, We're just not going to film the day. I remember like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah. And it went on and on.
Speaker 2: And on like months.
Speaker 1: I just remember making so much money on that job because it was like they just kept extending it and extending it and extending it, and it was like, oh, I guess we're doing another month of this. Oh, another month, another month.
Speaker 2: Wait. I didn't make any more money.
Speaker 1: After it, Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. What no story in my life. Everyone else got extended and they just threw me and I was a bogo great but we made an unlikely We had a little click on set. So yeah, it was you, me and Tim Curry. Yeah, I love love.
Speaker 1: And you know Pete's doing a documentary about him right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did tell me that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then spending a ton of time with him and filming with him, and yeah, no he was. He was amazing.
Speaker 2: I loved him amazing. Instead of the two shit stars, it was the three sh stars. Like we obviously very professional, but we at lunchtime. I don't feel like we were invited to like the cool We got along with everybody and everyone was super kind. But they had a built in relationship. So yeah, Anna and Regina like would be together and it.
Speaker 1: Would be you and me and yeah, and Chris Elliott and Chris Elliott, who was amazing, And do you remember Martin Marlon Brando was supposed to do. Yes, yeah, Like we're all freaking out because we were going to meet Marlon Brando and they went to his house and had this crazy meeting with him, and it.
Speaker 2: Was I was going to come to set that day and just yeah, me.
Speaker 1: So exciting and then it was like, and he's not doing it. It's James Woods, which was exciting.
Speaker 2: Too, but who we had fun with as well, who.
Speaker 1: We had full with as well.
Speaker 2: But you know he's yeah, yeah, I forgot about that for a while. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah Natasha Leone, Natasha leon she was in it too. I'm just remembering that now. Yeah she was Yeah, she was great.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, but yeah, they would let us improvise and that was really fun.
Speaker 1: You were grated, and I remember, and I remember Keenan was always kind of like shocked at how good you were. Like he was always like, she's like really good at and you would just go off and do the craziest shit, like crazy shit. Do I remember when we went to the premiere being terrified for you because I remember you and I were both like scared to see that because we hadn't seen the movie, and we were just like, what if they used some of the stuff that you did and said that was really kind of out there.
Speaker 2: And I didn't have to worry about that because they practically cut me on them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not true.
Speaker 2: Ish, is it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I've never talked about this. Yeah, it's a little I don't know. I'll never know what happened.
Speaker 1: That's funny because I never saw it that way, Like I never like when I saw the.
Speaker 2: Cut, you certain scenes that technically don't even make sense story wise because they were too busy chopping my end lines out. Oh I have seen yeah, but I guess. I mean when I signed on to do it, it wasn't It was a good part. But the fact that Keenan and Marlon and Sean were so game because they were so shocked that I was so jew they dirty. I think they loved you that they were like they encouraged that side. Oh and Cowan was the one. He was like, he was like, you know, you're really funny, and he's like, but you know it's gonna be hard. I'm like, it is hard, no one, you know, I'm just gonna be Aaron Spellings daughter Donna Martin Forever, and he's like, you need to do something where you're playing yourself right, which I went on to do that didn't really work either, but it was duly noted. But yeah, they thought it was so funny this like yeah little like white girl like Jewish white girl, so prim and proper and nine O two one zero and I would.
Speaker 1: Be like having sex with the ghost.
Speaker 2: Take after take. I'd be like, tell me what to say. They were like, nope, we like how you do it, just go. So I wish I could see those deals because it would be like, yeah, that ghost scene. I was like throwing things out that I don't even know how I knew these things. I was like, oh, raw dogs out there, like just say raw dog, Like oh my god, and I was like yop. And then my publicist at the time saw the first cut, the director's cut, so Keenan's cut, and she called my manager at the time, Joan Green, and said, I don't know how she's ever going to work again.
Speaker 1: And she's like, what do you mean.
Speaker 2: She's like, every word out of her mouth is the F word, every and so I'm hearing this and I'm like, did she say it was funny though, like and.
Speaker 1: She's like I love it.
Speaker 2: She was like, I don't know, like this this is concerning, and I was like, oh, they told me you'd keep going further with it. I was like, are you sure anyway? So yeah, and then I don't know what happened. But by the time it came out and we went to the premier, I was like.
Speaker 1: Well that happens though, and all, having been on the other side and having done it as not the actor but the person sitting in editing cutting shit, it's like, it really is never about the acting. It's always about the story. Always it's not. I mean, you like cut stuff where you're like, this scene is amazing, I love it so much, but like it just doesn't try and I just need to get to the next scene. So you really can't. I mean it's hard not to as an actor. Of course, we take it personally, but it's never about the acting. It's always about story.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you say soon, trust me, I don't mean it in a bad way acting. I just mean, I know, remember they asked me to show my boobs to.
Speaker 1: Warm wait, remind well, oh was it the thing where they wanted to have Well, they wanted me to do it too, and I was like, I won't do it. It was a thing where they wanted us to look hot and then the take off the shirt and it's like grandma boobs, Like do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Okay, that was your version?
Speaker 1: I was like absolutely not, Like there's no way in fucking hell I'm doing that. Like fire me before I'm doing that.
Speaker 2: Mine was in the ghost scene and yeah, it wasn't negotiated beforehand, it wasn't ever brought up nothing. And then I remember sitting in my trailer and getting the script and I was like, whoa you know takes her shirt off, like up, he flies her shirt up and she shows her boobs and I was like, oh, what do I do? So I called my manager at the time and she was like she said that. She called my dad and because they were really close, and he was like, you know, it's a Miramax film, like this is a big deal for her. If it's not hurting anything or if it's not weird story wise, maybe she should do it. I'm like, what, Oh my god, I totally remember this, yes, And then what remind me though?
Speaker 1: The out like so then what ended up happening? Because I know you obviously didn't do it, so what ended up happening remind me of the outcome because I know you obviously didn't do it, But what was the.
Speaker 2: I just remember her saying I talked to your dad and he said, like, because it came down from like the top, like it's important for the scene, is what they basically said. And I was like, and he was like, if the Weinsteins want it right, she should probably like not go against that. That was pretty much. And no, I didn't do it, No, I.
Speaker 1: Know, And was it I don't remember. So mine was that they wanted it to do this right? Yours was they wanted to just see your boobs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was supposed to be the original movie was I guess the spoof was that? Was that the entity with not Karen Black but Barbara Hershey no anyway, and she had like the oh so it.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to be as.
Speaker 2: To be a parody of that because in that movie the ghost like pulls up per thing. Oh okay, okay, no one like got it whatever? No, So I don't think it was interval. But wait, was yours in there? Though?
Speaker 1: How? No?
Speaker 2: Not? You see? For me it was still in there, but just wasn't me.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: There's a version. No, my wrong, Oh they did something else. It was just like big bush coming out of my underwear or something.
Speaker 1: I was like, I didn't mind that, Like mine was like awful and like just like Embarre, like it's still just one of those things. It's probably the only thing I was. Of course, now we're shining light on it, so everybody's gonna go back. But it's like that scene where like they wanted me to hit into a wall with like pushing a button and then it's like Will like it was so stupid.
Speaker 2: But you so did that one.
Speaker 1: Well I had to do that one because that was like in the script, right you know. But yeah, they wanted I feel like they tried to get every one of us to do that other joke, like I remember they asked all I remember they had they asked Regina, like they really wanted that joke of a girl who like looks smoking hot and then when she takes her shirt off, she actually has breasts that look like a grandma. Like, yeah, there's no way in how I'm doing this. Yeah, like no, not happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, so can we tell the story of how you met your husband, Chris.
Speaker 1: I don't know, can we I don't remember this specificity.
Speaker 2: No I do.
Speaker 1: I'm joking. I got a little like nervous because you know, there's little some specificities that I'm not going to be speaking about.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I met my husband through you through So Torri was dating Rick Alvarez and Rick was a producer on Scary Movie, and they met after she was cast on the film.
Speaker 2: I never went out with humntil after the movie we wrapped.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, and you guys became.
Speaker 2: We went for drinks like maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think one night there was like a birthday party and we were shooting and it was super late, and you and Rick were going to some birthday party of a friend of his at a club in Hollywood, and you guys, you know, were like, come with us, come with us, Come with us. And I was like, I don't feel like it. I'm not in the mood. And I guess on the other side, Chris's roommate was saying to him like, oh, there's party night, come come come, and he was like, I don't feel like it. So we almost didn't go and meet each other. And but we did, and we met and when I first met him, I thought, oh my god, he's so nice. I like him, so into him. He's the best. But he wasn't my type. He was a suit. He was kind of like a you know, an executive vibe like worked at Paramount. Was very like straight laced, and I had always dated artists, and so I kind of thought, he's really sweet and I'm into him, but he's not really my type. And then as we became really really good friends, and then after we became kind of very very close friends, I sort of slowly realized like, oh no, I actually I actually really like him. That was it.
Speaker 2: That was it. See, thank goodness for me always dragging you into my mess and making you go with boys. Yeah, that would not work out for me. But yeah, oh my gosh, you guys were just good friends for a while. And he liked you so much though, Yeah, And we would always talk about it and I'd be like, she likes you, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: And we're twenty year wedding anniversary.
Speaker 2: How did this happen? I feel like it was just yesterday now.
Speaker 1: It's insane. Yeah. We have two kids. We have an eight year old named Bennett, and a sixteen year old name William.
Speaker 2: I got the William and Stellar at the same age we were pregnant.
Speaker 1: Once friend and really on the football team came and he's still very sweet.
Speaker 2: And wait, the two of you created someone athletic.
Speaker 1: I know it's not real. Yeah, yeah, he's like a total nice Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Wait, can we talk about Swimming with Sharks because I feel like we've never talked about it and tested me very sweet, obsessed with it, and not only was it amazing, but I think having really like known you for so long, I just so appreciated that I just saw every aspect of you through every scene of that show. And I'm talking from hairstyles to wardrobe to stet design, just music, like locate everything, and I think, yeah, I'm just really proud of you for making that.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That means a lot because it was very much a labor of love and it was, like, like you said, like every hairstyle, every breaking, every detail was like chosen. So yeah, that was cool. No, I know you reached out to me after it meant a lot. It was really sweet. So now I'm trying to make my next show and get someone to give me money again.
Speaker 2: So your production.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to direct my first movie which I'm super excited about, which I wrote. It's a thriller that I'm going to do soon. And uh yeah, just tons of tons of writing stuff, tons of writing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love it. Would you totally give up acting if you could just be on the other side of it?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like, no, I don't think. I mean I feel like I'll always act. I do love it still, and I'd love to sort of get to a place where I can just kind of work within the stuff that I'm making, like the way that like Britain Mark will write herself a role in her show or you know, like I would love to sort of be able to do it that way because it is so time consuming that it's like really really hard, Like right now, like could I really go off and just go shoot someone else's show for like probably not just give them with all the other stuff. It would be very difficult. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, well, I hope we get to work together a third time.
Speaker 1: I know we will. This crazy I'm going to call you one of these days and be like, will you can do this part on something? I feel like you I feel like you. I was thinking about before when I was driving this morning. I was just thinking about us talking and I was going to say, and this is kind of like just me out of the blue saying this, but I just I want to say it, which is that.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 1: The thing about you that I've always loved and I've always appreciated is that you are so much more And I'm going to get emotional, but you are so much more than you need to be and that has ever been expected of you. Like, I feel like the reason why I connected with you so deeply when we met was that so like, I'm blue collar, I'm from like a steel city, I'm very scrappy, I am a worker bee, I am very much like grinder insane work ethic, and you are all those things and you came from the total opposite of where I came from. But you're the core of who you are is that like you are more than enough. And I think that you and I both share that thing where our core belief is that we're not enough. Yeah, reality, you are more than enough and you are more than like you ever needed to be. Do you know what I mean? Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And the way you're phrasing, it is actually resonating with me more because I mean, I guess when we were young, we just knew we had fun together and we have the same humor and personality in the fashion, But now hearing it as fifty one year old women, you're right, we always had that connection as well. Yeah, I'm totally polar opposites but the same. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like your.
Speaker 2: Scrappy scrappy is a great underused rite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it kind of it's like that grit. It's like that grit and that scrappiness that comes from being usually really blue collar, but like you have that so much a part of you.
Speaker 2: Where does it come from?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Born to the wrong family, It.
Speaker 1: Must come from your because your dad was that way, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I built himself up from.
Speaker 2: Nothing from nothing. Yeah, okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Where it comes from. I would think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a worker bee, I like worker bees right, like all this.
Speaker 1: You are hardcore in the best sense of the word. Like you are like no joke, no bullshit, You take care of yourself, you don't ask anybody for anything, and you just are like I got this and I just love that about you. So I want to tell you that.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, I'm definitely not for the week now in a good in a good in a good way. You'll always have fun. Yeah, Oh I miss you even more now.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm coming to La soon, so you are. Yeah, I'm coming soon for meetings and stuff.
Speaker 2: So we'll have to hang and pencil me in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, find you a man? Did you say find you?
Speaker 2: Did you said pencil me in? But I would love you a man? Find great? Maybe subconsciously I was thinking that.
Speaker 1: Why did I think that that's what I heard? Interesting?
Speaker 2: I mean, at this point, I feel like fifty one, like it would probably best to find someone else that is divorced and has kids, right right. I don't know, I don't like. I don't know how open I would be. I'm open to anything, but just having to start over and someone coming into a situation with a woman with five kids seems daunting because they don't know anything about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you lived, you need a specific Yeah, but you'll find someone, Yeah, I know you will.
Speaker 2: It'll be the wrong one as usual, but sure. He checked off all the boxes. Wait, there's more.