Speaker 1: Second date update. We got an email from a guy wanting a second date update who says he thinks he's finally cracked the dating matrix. Honestly, I have no idea what that means.
Speaker 2: To have someone taken a blue pill instead of the red pill. I'm going to be upset.
Speaker 1: I'm just hoping Keanu Reeves is on the phone right now asking us to help him with his love life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's difficult for him taking the little blue pill.
Speaker 3: Wants to know?
Speaker 4: Is that you, hey, not.
Speaker 2: Quite as hot Evan, but okay, we'll probably.
Speaker 3: Would have said more than one word.
Speaker 4: I can't live up.
Speaker 1: I can't. Sorry, I didn't mean to be that disappointed. I don't know. Maybe Keana will call in later, but tell us about this. Uh, what's this dating matrix thing that you've cracked? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: So there's three points that women can have, you can only have two, never the third I've seen this.
Speaker 2: Is I don't get it. What kind of points? What does that mean?
Speaker 4: So they can be hot, they can be sane, or they can be single. They can be hot insane, but then they're.
Speaker 2: Not single, right, Okay, it's perfect. They can be sane and single, but then they won't be hot.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can only have two of the three points.
Speaker 2: That works for men too. I don't think that it's just a women exclusion.
Speaker 1: There ye look over here, Brook, Hello, the trifecta right in front of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well you're not very sane though, are you any of the three points stuff?
Speaker 2: So I appreciate it. You stepped up for the rest of the team.
Speaker 1: I opened myself up to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, anyway back to Evan and your dating matrix. You think that you found a girl who's all three?
Speaker 4: Well, I definitely hope she's all three. Seems like she is.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, just real quick before we learn about her, are you able to offer all three?
Speaker 4: I like to think I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but Jeff, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So what's her name?
Speaker 4: Tara?
Speaker 1: Tara Tara? Okay?
Speaker 2: Where'd you meet her?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: We've been on a dating app.
Speaker 2: Do you list this trifecta theory on your bio?
Speaker 4: No? Not bio probably offends.
Speaker 1: Probably not the right way to lure people.
Speaker 2: People do all sorts of weird things on their DAT.
Speaker 3: Like shocking ya you.
Speaker 1: Would know, Brooke, I guess. Anyway, tell us more about Tara. Would you like about her?
Speaker 4: She's super fun, she's really cute, and she she seems down to earth.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you guys do on your date?
Speaker 4: We're gonna go a bar hats and drinks, and we mostly told bad dating stories that we've.
Speaker 3: Had bonding over. Like the bad dating stories is good.
Speaker 2: But don't you think it gets to a point in that conversation where it just it's a little tiresome, like almost like it like, how many stories do you have? I feel like maybe the common denominator is you the.
Speaker 3: Lastor is like one day all we talked about was bad dates.
Speaker 1: You do you remember any of the stories?
Speaker 4: Uh? She told me about this first date she went on where the guy she's going out with brought his mom with him.
Speaker 2: Oh god, impressive, that's an impressive start.
Speaker 4: And he introduced her as his girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Mom, not the mom he introduced the new girl to Ta.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, he introduced as his girlfriend mom.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, what's wrong with that? Exactly? Like it's not like the worst thing that a guy could do, though.
Speaker 2: It's pretty bad. Jeff, Yeah, don't bring your mom. You're I know your mom wants to come.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna make.
Speaker 3: M thinking about my mom that she thinks any girl that talks to me is my girlfriend girlfriend. No, Mom, that's just a friend.
Speaker 1: What about you, Evan, did you have a bad dating story?
Speaker 4: Most of my bad dates have been kind of boring, So I tried to tell him her one of my roommates bad dates where they found an injured possum just lying there and he insisted on taking it home with them.
Speaker 2: A lot of it's a lot.
Speaker 1: Trying to take home a wild poss.
Speaker 2: Like, how was your night last night? Well, I took home a wild possum was.
Speaker 1: Five and yeah, literally, So okay, that sounds fun like bonding over the stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It is kind of sad that you don't have that bad of a dating story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know this is right?
Speaker 3: That is good overall.
Speaker 2: There any bad moments in the date.
Speaker 4: It really didn't feel like there were. There wasn't a lull in the conversation. We both just kept talking. It didn't end with a kiss or.
Speaker 1: Anything, but you know, okay, so how did you leave it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: I asked if I could see her again. She said, yeah, sure, but every time I try to text her, she gets she says she's busy here.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised the poss didn't get her all Yeah, yeah, sure you can see me again.
Speaker 1: Sure, yes, Because the trifecta, the sane part is pretty easy to hide the first.
Speaker 3: The third part doesn't come up for years later.
Speaker 2: Yeah for that. The single part is actually pretty.
Speaker 3: High for one day, you know.
Speaker 1: But that is why he said that it was hopeful that she was all three things of the dating matrix triangle. Maybe we can. When we come back, we're gonna call Tara for you and try and get you your second date update right after this. All right, right now, hold on second date update.
Speaker 2: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you. Here.
Speaker 1: Part two, we're about to find out if the dating matrix can actually be broken. Wow, we learned about it in the first part from our listener Evan. Apparently it works kind of like a triangle where there's three qualities about a person. They're hot, they're saying they're single, but the rule is you can only have two of them. Yes, if you're hot insane, then you're probably not single. If you're hot and single, you're probably not sane. If you're sane and single, then you're probably not hot.
Speaker 3: Yes, man, can you have all three? I just single has none of them. We've gone over this, so it's still kind of an honor.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, breaking it down is really depressing, just internally in the room.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, there's no good look in any of those combinations.
Speaker 1: Finding more and more reasons every day to give up and move to Colombia to find a mate. But Evan, Evan thinks maybe Tara could actually break the matrix and be all three qualities all at once. They're about to call her and find out. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Don't know if she thinks the same, since she's not calling him back. Yeah, you know of him.
Speaker 3: She's not perfect, she's not good at texting back home.
Speaker 1: We're going to find out the reason you're ready to do this, Evan, I'm already.
Speaker 2: If this doesn't work out, are you gonna like give up on dating? Altargether like this is the last chance ditch effort to find the perfect girl.
Speaker 4: I mean it depends, you know, if she's not single, then yeah, I'll keep going.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the easiest one to swallow.
Speaker 1: But if she's not hot, that would be a weird one to find out after the date, but you never know. Okay, yeah, weird. Yeah, what's fine out here we go? Hello, Hey, we're looking for Tara.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: This is she?
Speaker 1: Okay perfect? My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: The whole show's here, Tara. We're excited to have you on.
Speaker 1: That's the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, what show?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry from where it's a radio show, Okay.
Speaker 4: I.
Speaker 5: Wed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little weird, but uh, we do this segment called the second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners score another meet up with you.
Speaker 5: Okay, my goodness, who is it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just gonna have you guests for a long time. But maybe I'll just tell you. His name's Evan.
Speaker 2: She's like, do we get to know? Yes, yes, you get to know? You remember Evan?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yes I do.
Speaker 1: We've heard about the date from Evan's perspective about going to a bar and having drinks and having it seemed like a good night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said you guys commiserated over all your bad dating experiences.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh my gosh, yes, yeah, we did. That's kind of the reason why I just cannot get over what happened. I'm really honestly just embarrassed. What kind of annoyed?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what happened? Do you mind telling us?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It just it just really sucks because I felt like we had a good connection and then I got awkward because we were sharing our worst funny date stories and it was like going really well. I told the story about how I went on a date with this guy and he brought his mom along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he said that. He told you a story about his roommate, right.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, that story about his roommate, how his roommate took a girl out for drinks and they were like really tipsy and they were walking over a bridge. He kind of got the story a little bit wrong.
Speaker 2: How would he get this story wrong.
Speaker 5: Because the girl, So, the girl tried to bring home the possum in her purse. Right, And as I'm hearing this story in my like drunken like catalog of a brain I'm going through and I'm like, oh my god, that girl was me.
Speaker 2: You're possum girl.
Speaker 5: I'm the girl.
Speaker 1: He uses your story work possible date that somebody's ever been on Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So you dated his roommate for a hot like you went on one date with his roommate.
Speaker 5: We went on one day and I wasn't even trying to bring the possum home. I was trying to dig in my purse, like in my drinking state. So like you try to give it some food to maybe give it some life back or.
Speaker 2: Purse.
Speaker 1: Did one second when you realized that it was about you, did you tell Evan like anything?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, not at all. I literally shut down.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, I'm never talking to this guy, like you didn't want to talk to him again because he thinks you're a horrible dater, or because you dated his roommate a little mix of bowl.
Speaker 3: Both just both.
Speaker 5: I was like, and then and to think also to that his like roommate was kind of exaggerating the story, So I'm like, wait, I don't want to like kind of you know, put them in a weird situation. But then this is it weird that I went on a date with his roommate.
Speaker 1: Well, now's your chance to finally set the record straight and get the story right with Evan, because he's actually on the other line and you could tell him all the.
Speaker 4: Sarah, my god, that's good, that's good, sure, poss.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 5: That was me. Yeah, the story was a little off, and I didn't want to like correct it right then and there because I was just so mortified. But that was me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you have any idea, Evan?
Speaker 4: No, I had no idea. She's a great poker face. I had no idea.
Speaker 3: That girl sounds awful.
Speaker 1: So, Tara, what part of the story wasn't right? Well? Part did the make it wrong?
Speaker 5: So he exaggerated, saying that I was trying to bring the possible home in my purse. I was definitely not going to bring the possum in my purse. I didn't want to touch it. I just simply was bent down by it to try to feed it my left over Like I don't know if it was trail mixeror no, I don't know what I had on my first It didn't.
Speaker 2: Attack you, like, don't go near injured animals.
Speaker 1: She wasn't trying to adopt the injured possum. She was trying to nurse it. Oh my gosh, does that make you look at her differently?
Speaker 4: Evan? I mean, yeah, if that's true, then, yeah, it's a really different story. People. I trusted my roommates on this thing. He said, after he had it in your purse, you started walking it back home.
Speaker 2: Her story makes more Yeah, but more fun at a party. You're going to tell the story at a party, It's way more fun.
Speaker 1: To like, Tara was actually trying to help the possum. If it was Brooks, you would have tried to cook it right there on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: Possum taste like chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe would have bit right into it uncooked.
Speaker 3: Brook actually has a roadkill for these situations.
Speaker 2: That'd be so amazing, Tara.
Speaker 1: I mean, it looks like maybe you should have said something. You should have spoken up when Evan got the story wrong.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh. I mean, I guess, but I really couldn't get over the fact that I just was frozen, like oh no, oh no, oh no, like thinking in my see like this is me, he's talking about me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you don't know how he's going to react. Dude, what do you think about this?
Speaker 4: Looking pact on it? Now, it's kind of funny. She just kept saying how horrible it sounded.
Speaker 2: Well, she meant it sounded horrible, but just not in this way. He thought, Yeah, this is horrible that I'm even listening to you retell this.
Speaker 1: And so I mean, now that we've kind of come to an understanding here, maybe there is actually a path forward for the two of you. And we'd like to offer to send you on a second date, Tara.
Speaker 3: Girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we'd love to give you another shot with Evan, and we'd pay for that date. You guys can go out somewhere and nurse another, like sick injured animal back to health together.
Speaker 5: I mean, I would love to go ash again. And now that I'm kind of just trying to get over being so mortified over this whole thing, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now that I know the entire story, I really cannot wait to go out again. And I really cannot wait to tell my roommate about this.
Speaker 1: Oh man, so you are going to tell him that, because we could do it in an awkward Tuesday phone call. To know that's a dating possum girl.
Speaker 2: Now, I think we would just hear two dudes laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, sure you give her a stuffed powsome on your first date as a president.
Speaker 2: Okay, one with the stuffing pulled out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, so congratulations you guys. You got a second date, all right, and.
Speaker 3: The matrix is still intact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sort of.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well, that second date update happened months ago, and we all got raby shots this morning because we we're coming back to give us an update update. So welcome back to the show, you two.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We can all all the possums we want now.
Speaker 2: I've already had rabies once, so it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, welcome back you guys. What's new? What made you reach out to the show?
Speaker 5: We really just wanted to update, like just how and it was obviously to get to talk to you guys and then to just let you guys know what we've been up to and what's going on with us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so are you guys still together?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Together?
Speaker 1: Okay? What's that like?
Speaker 4: Evan? Well, it turns out that the Ponsan thing wasn't her being crazy. She has a really big heart and she loves animals, the opposite.
Speaker 1: He's like, turns out she's crazy.
Speaker 5: I don't want to come across as like the obsessive squirrel woodland creature loving lady at all.
Speaker 2: It should work for you. I mean, why there was no possums in that film is a tragedy.
Speaker 5: They should have had them. No, but we we did come up with an alternative. So once a month we do go to an animal shelter together and we volunteer and it kind of like it gets.
Speaker 3: Just adopt every animal.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna have little fur babies together.
Speaker 5: Oh, they are so so cute. There really is a cute rabbit there that I do love.
Speaker 1: Oh, Evan, are you ready to become doctor Doolittle?
Speaker 3: Yes, it sounds like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as long as it's not upon them going.
Speaker 3: To have like a snake in a racon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's still a stance for him.
Speaker 1: Well, we're happy to hear that you guys are still together and still doing well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it's been great, Ivean. He supports my my love for all the animals.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna start adopting him and naming them after us on the show.
Speaker 1: We'll keep us updated on your life. You guys, thanks for reaching out. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.