Speaker 1: It's nine og one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: Hello, it's us your favorite omg ars.
Speaker 3: Well we're there only omg ers, but.
Speaker 1: So you're stuck with us.
Speaker 2: Good point, Good point. How is everybody today?
Speaker 1: Amy's very excited about this episode. I am because I can't wait to talk about sororities. But also how was like, were you both out of con? Just me?
Speaker 3: But Jenna and I'll be together this weekend for the Big one Nineties Con.
Speaker 1: We're taping this a little early, so you'll have to report back at That's okay though, so just so people can know they Tory just did a con. But then the Big Nineties Con will tell you all about it in a week because they we taped this right before.
Speaker 2: They left, right right, very so it's like.
Speaker 1: We're like in back to the future right now because we're time traveling.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this is a good one this week, you guys, Season seven, episode five.
Speaker 1: It's a really good episode.
Speaker 2: Pledging My Love aired September eighteenth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. It's Pledge week and Steve accidentally shows too much school spirit, leaving him begging Brandon to bail him out.
Speaker 1: Yet again.
Speaker 3: Why Kenny finds a condo in Broughtwood, Amy is at Yours to continue his affair with Valerie, Donna takes a sporty pledge under her wing, and Kelly convinces Jimmy to reconnect with his Jewish roots before he says goodbye.
Speaker 2: Directed by James Darren, written by Phil Sabbath.
Speaker 1: Don't we should talk about the sad, sad, sad stuff first? Because I want to enjoy talking about Brentwood and sorority life.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, Amy loves talking about sororities, as we all know, Tori and I could care less seriously well.
Speaker 1: Because y'all got it so we had nothing to base it on.
Speaker 3: You got it so ridiculously you we need to do it ourselves.
Speaker 1: The writers have clearly never been in a sorority, because it's not that's not it doesn't work like that in any way, shape or form whatsoever at all.
Speaker 3: Should we talk like a sorority? You need one?
Speaker 1: Yes that you yes? Actually correct, you needed one because it showed like how far off they were. But first, don't let me forget to talk about brent one too.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about Let's talk about the sad one first, Kelly. We're continuing with the story with Kelly and Jimmy's friendship, and uh, it's a nice little outing. They go to celebrate the Jewish holiday with David, which is so nice to see. And uh, what is what am I called? If I'm not Jewish, I'm a I'm a SIXA. Well, this storyline was really really sad.
Speaker 1: It was really sad.
Speaker 3: Jen you were so beautiful and it.
Speaker 2: Just I cried and cried and cried.
Speaker 1: Watch it was a great performance by both of you. Now I will say they made how do I say this without seeming like a inappropriate jerk? They definitely made it seem a lot more lovely to pass away from a terrible, terrible disease than it actually is. Like I was like, they're kind of glossing over how awful this is.
Speaker 3: But did you want to see that part or you just wanted it to be a beautiful moment between the two of them?
Speaker 1: And all I can say is your dad covered it very realistically in and the band played off. So if you want to really see a little bit more of an accurate situation.
Speaker 2: Are you speaking like his physical appearance?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just don't know that you would go from being totally fine ish one day too to that and they and I think it was much more terrible than they made it seem right, but it is not. And now what are they gonna do? Yeah, I'm gonna give them. I'm gonna give them a little bit of a pass because I really felt it was so important watching Yeah, it was so important to cover this storyline. And Jenny, I thought you were phenomenod Thank you.
Speaker 2: Guys. I had forgotten all about this storyline quite honestly, and watching it just brought it all back.
Speaker 3: Man, Like, sorry, I'm gonna embarrass you for a second gen Like what like no, in a good way. Like it's performances like this in matters that we dealt with like this that made me think, like why were you not nominated for that performance? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Was there even such a thing?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 1: I do? There is?
Speaker 2: There was There was didn't happen for any of us, like for any of us.
Speaker 3: But I can't speak for myself for anyone else, but I can speak free you just watching a performance and just being a fan, not being your friend. I'm just watching and I'm like, this was such a brilliant opportunity to one get the accolades you deserved, and two to show how what the shower Gloss TV was actually doing a service to people and talking about important things that needed to be talked about. So it's kind of a bummer that nine notes, two and zero was just always passed over.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yeah, because you really addressed these issues and his performance, right.
Speaker 2: And we all worked so so hard, like we all worked our asses off for ten years.
Speaker 3: I feel like it came with the spelling name and it had a little bit of a spelling curse. I'm sorry, not curse, but you know what I mean. No, the stigma of stigma.
Speaker 2: What he was known for previously, but I think he was changing that narrative with but.
Speaker 3: He was always known for the new book. Actually, like even from the beginning, he did really amazing prolific shows that like spoke towards stuff. Like one of his first shows in the early seventies before our time, called Family was a brilliant, hard hitting issue show.
Speaker 1: Like, so it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make s I don't know, sorry, And I'm not speaking to my dad's we have right now, I'm just speaking as a fan.
Speaker 1: And it was Christy mcnickelon Family. Correct. Yeah, that was a that show dealt with a lot of stuff. Yeah, so anyway.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, I don't know. Maybe it was love Boat or Fantasy Island that derailed it, But you know, the public's image of him is.
Speaker 3: More wild though you can't do both, right.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they'll let you.
Speaker 1: I think the thing that's interesting is like, if you were of the time, right in the nineties, this wasn't the show that would come to mind to think of like great performances and really tackling these important issues just from the top of mind. If you were a core viewer, you would know. But it had the reputation of being like nine two and oh, melrose Play is kind of soapy, do you know what I mean? So it just wasn't on the list. What I always find amazing about nine O two and oh is and that we talk about this all the time. I'm sorry to be a nauseum about it. We have this storyline which I thought was done perfectly basically, while simultaneously we got streaking a scandalous affair, do you know what I mean? Like and shows.
Speaker 2: Or three or four different shows.
Speaker 1: A sorority storyline actually address something super important also in a unique way, which we can. We'll totally talk about when we get to the story thing, because Donna like was calling it out, calling out, being like, you know, we need to look at different people.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course it's still a white blonde girl. Yeah, we need to judge people from what's on the inside. This blonde girl might not seem like all the other white blonde girl.
Speaker 2: But listen, we're not all the same.
Speaker 1: But I do want to talk about the story. Should we do that now or should talk Let's talk about you and Michael. His performance is incredible. Also, he's so good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was heartbreaking. And then just the aftermath, like he clearly died while she said she's gonna stay with him, and then she went home and she's just sitting on the balcony processing it.
Speaker 3: And they lit that candle. I love those candles. I still like one for my dad every year.
Speaker 1: I appreciated that scene that they didn't put a bow on it. Do you know what I'm saying? Like nine O two and zero can do that? They that you didn't just leave and do do doot, You're fine.
Speaker 2: I probably would have ended the episode at a different point in that scene, but I don't know, the ending felt a little like not and I don't know, I didn't feel like a closure.
Speaker 3: You would have ended it with you and Jimmy in the past and not gone back to the David or No.
Speaker 2: I like the David scene.
Speaker 3: I think I loved you and David.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so funny. I forget how great Kelly and David are together.
Speaker 1: And I forget that I know they're so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really a good pairing. But I feel like in that scene, like maybe what like at the lighting of the candle or.
Speaker 3: And did a little sooner, you would have gone out of it. Okay, that's fair me, No, that's fair.
Speaker 2: But I did. I did want it to end because I wasn't. I kept crying.
Speaker 3: Didn't want to cry anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, this episode takes you on quite an emotional roller coaster and also had a lot of giggles, so it was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wait, what'd you giggle at the shaving cream.
Speaker 1: Pants, streaking and the whole to do from.
Speaker 2: The streaking when he when okay, we're jumping ahead to Steve Sanders' rat boy behavior when he is running through the sprinklers and then he stops and like he plays it as if the sprinkler is like shooting up his butt.
Speaker 1: Basically seriously washing off his You see the sneaker shot too, I'm like his socks and sneakers, Like.
Speaker 3: It was so good and so nice. It's so crazy though, because that's shaving cream. I thought it was shaving cream at first, like over underwear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a little sprinkler isn't going to wash off the whole thing, and they could have kept running.
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess silly it was. That was a giggle. That was a jiggle giggle moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was like no one would know him that, what's the thing he does? Gen then like you know, he's like he's like, it's like so obvious.
Speaker 1: Okay, let us talk about the whole storyline, Okay, because it kind of was. You were having this sort of boring, boring, fulig real spirit and the newsgirl whose name Jill Novak, whose name is out of my head, her character Tracy. Tracy is all kind of bitter about it, like why are we covering this? We need some real news and it's like girls.
Speaker 6: She's.
Speaker 3: First news job ever into the cast, like she's been there forever right now, like you.
Speaker 1: Were drunk on your first newscast. Why don't you just like.
Speaker 3: We didn't even get to know her. It's like, all of a sudden, she's just there.
Speaker 2: All I know is like she's from the South, perhaps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's just very suddenly she's Diane Sawyer, you know what I mean. She's like, I need real news, like not this.
Speaker 2: It is so near to me that they would just take out the last character that looked just like this character and replace her with the same basic look, right.
Speaker 1: And the same basic character news woman. Like it's just like why, I don't even know why they did that?
Speaker 3: And I feel like she gets bubblier right because this one she was just straight up up britten. Who's the previous one, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Blanking right like Susan, Susan, thank you.
Speaker 3: She's written just like Susan, whereas we got the notion of her last week that she was gonna be more fun, bubbly and like not just so like serious, like but here we go again.
Speaker 1: It's literally the same character. I also found it so interesting on the credits that Michael got okay, so it goes you know, this person, this person and special guest Star Dalton do you know what I mean? And then it goes through all the people in the episode, and then it says Anne Michael, I don't want to mess up his last name Stoyano. So I thought, oh, whoa, he really deserved the special guest star. They're really giving that Dalton guy special guest star and he has like two scenes. Anyway, I thought I found that all that interesting.
Speaker 3: But in some Jen correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't sometimes and the name like supposed to be it's.
Speaker 1: A bigger get a bigger It doesn't feel bigger than a special guest star to me.
Speaker 3: I think anna got a special guest.
Speaker 1: Star that feels big.
Speaker 2: Oh, nowadays the special guest star part is taken out and it's just and like you'll see that, like, for instance, I was just watching lion S last night and Nicole Kidman as and Nicole Kidman at the end.
Speaker 5: Oh so maybe because way bigger get Yeah, maybe because Dalton was a recurring and maybe they didn't cook consider Michael recurring.
Speaker 1: He was just doing a three episode arc, so he got the and it's all negotiated.
Speaker 2: Those words are all heavily negotiated right now.
Speaker 1: I have a question. This is just a sidebar. If someone was going to pay you more but you're not going to get that, and would you just take the money or is the credit that crucial?
Speaker 2: I would say it depends on the project.
Speaker 1: So say you're going to be on Lions and I'm going to pay you one million dollars, but you can get a terrible credit, like you're just lumped in. I don't think they would do that or you're gonna get I'm just making them more important.
Speaker 2: Actor would absolutely take the job for one million dollars and credited, write my name on a napkin and throw it in the trash can. I don't know it.
Speaker 3: Would be uncredited for bad amount.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See that's what I was wondering. See, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 2: It's like it's a statisty.
Speaker 1: Maybe actors care more about it.
Speaker 2: It's a status thing. I think that reps care more.
Speaker 3: Oh really, it's kind of an old school thing maybe now, yeah, Oh that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Randy, are you on the line, mister showbiz, mister show biz calling, mister show We have so.
Speaker 1: Many questions for you.
Speaker 2: I'm here, Yes, what's the deal with an end credit at the end of a of a.
Speaker 4: Cast, there's actually two credits that that sort of set an actor aside, and there's width. Sometimes sometimes they've given the one that you that you want is and, but sometimes they've given and away to somebody else to so then then you can get with, which is basically the same thing.
Speaker 1: So would say with Tory Spelling and Jenny Garth. And in that case, Jenny would have the sparklier moment because she's last.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily the order so much as I think that were pretty much and and with is fairly synonymous. But I think most most reps will ask for and and it just sort of it just sort of sets that actor aside from all the other actors that are in the episode.
Speaker 6: Who are guests, who are guest stars?
Speaker 1: What about a special guest star? Because Dalton James got and special Guest Star up at the top, right, so it had like Jill Novak somebody else and Dalton James as and special guest star, but Michael got and.
Speaker 4: I think Jenny's right. I don't know that they use that that much anymore. WHOA don't hold don't hold me for that. But the reason that it's somewhat important to the reps, as Jenny said, is because it sets a precedent that you can use in other deals moving forward. When when you you can say to a casting director, well my client always gets and he got.
Speaker 6: It on this show. He got it on this show, he got it.
Speaker 3: It's so silly. Really, can we create new ones? I want ps Tory spelling exo XO Tory spelling.
Speaker 4: And the last but not least, imagine how about tagging along?
Speaker 1: We can tagging along Amy Sugarman, thank you, Thank you so much for that. I'll take that. Wait, Brandy, who votes for the Emmys?
Speaker 6: Anyone who's in.
Speaker 4: After Well, it's now one union SAG after, But so anyone who's in SAG after it can vote.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to. I won't, I won't call them out. But technically Jenny and Tory could be voting for the Emmys every year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would be surprised if you guys aren't getting.
Speaker 2: I think I am. I don't really, Oh my gosh, how do you not vote?
Speaker 1: Totally help you vote.
Speaker 2: I will totally help you I vote, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Performances are always great. Sorry, I'm going back to this, but it's just it's blowing on.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. This is a good thing.
Speaker 3: Like her performance in this storyline is so incredible. Was she submitted to be nominated for the Emmys?
Speaker 6: Yes, and and we we the reps always.
Speaker 4: Are the ones that submit, And she was submitted on this And I'll tell you the other one that she was submitted on.
Speaker 6: Is the date rape episode.
Speaker 4: Remember where she is like confessional with everybody sitting around and the problem isn't it? And I heard your conversation and it is sad, Toy, because your dad did so many groundbreaking projects. But I, for whatever reason, I think that they're a little snooty at the Academy, you know, and and they think of this as as a as a teen an Aaron Spelling teen show. And I think if if those performances and Toy, you've done some great performances too, I think if they were in a different in.
Speaker 6: A different show, they would have been received.
Speaker 1: That's what I think too.
Speaker 3: I think, what a talented group, and it's just such a a miss.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was looking who was who won the Emmy in nineteen ninety seven, Third Rock from the Sun. Maybe it looks like is that for comedy or was Oh that's comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel Jason was nominated a couple times for a Golden Globe.
Speaker 1: Correct, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know for People's Choice, which was one, which was our one and only award.
Speaker 3: Jason one or two times was nominated for Best Actor in a Dramatic Series for Gold Globe.
Speaker 2: Look it up, Look it up.
Speaker 1: I can't google fast enough, so I'll talk about sororities while somebody finds out who won the Emmy for Best Drama in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: All right, Amy, get go to get to town, go do your thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so thank you so much, Jenny, your territory, Thank you. Nothing about it the order perspect I tipped my hat and so on. So that is not how rush works, you guys, in any way whatsoever, That is not how it works. You would never first of all, have a bunch of people in chairs voting on people, walk a girl in and have her stand in front of a table and no, they're being voted on, and then this whole white card, black card, Nope, nope, nope.
Speaker 2: White.
Speaker 4: Dying.
Speaker 1: So here's how it works. Okay, basically, say Jenny and I are in Pi Beta Phi and Tory's coming through Rush. Okay, so it's the first day of Rush. All the girls come to the door and it's like a tea party. Basically, it's kind of like a party, right Like at the first day. I don't think there's food. You might get like water, like maybe some lemonade, and we sit in the living room and we chat with you. I'll give an example. Oh, Hi, I'm Amy. What's your name, Tory? You're the rushie.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm Tory.
Speaker 1: Hi, Tory. How are you liking school so far? So far, so good. I'm really excited to be here. Where are you from.
Speaker 3: I'm from Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love LA. What's it like coming all the way up here to Berkeley in Northern California from LA?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's your favorite thing about Northern California so far?
Speaker 3: The seasons?
Speaker 1: And what are you studying at cal? What is your major?
Speaker 3: I don't think you're going to get educations.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're not going to get in.
Speaker 3: I'm already panicked. Listen, I'm I'm I'm trying it.
Speaker 2: You're okay, keep good.
Speaker 1: So then Jenny and I'm giving secrets right now, guys, secrets. So then Jenny you would come up and you'd be like hey, Amy, and I'd be like hey, Jenny, this is Tory. And you'd be like, Hi, Tory, blah blah blah. And then I'd be like, Jenny, why don't you get to know Toy? And then I get up and walk away, and you sit down and start talking to Tory. And that's the way.
Speaker 2: So it's about everybody in the house getting to know this new person.
Speaker 1: That might correct, but you get like three at a time because there's like fifty girls in the house. So then what happens is there is a meeting where you talk about the girls, but you would never do it like with the girl in the hallway. So then you go back and you're like, I loved her, like you know, we should invite her back, right, Or somebody could be like, I'm not sure she's like the perfect fit for this house, maybe we shouldn't have her back, right. That's the basic gist. So then you'd get invited, but you would never be like standing in the hallway and you would never have all these chairs lining. I mean, they got it like ten percent right, ninety percent wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, it's written by Phil Sabbath, a man who probably was never in a sorority rush so.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's what I'm saying, we have a question for you. Didn't we do it semi correct another season?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did it much.
Speaker 3: Better done before all they had to do was reference old episodes. I just feel like they just wanted to get it shot fast, and.
Speaker 1: When you all went through Rush, it was still they were still getting it wrong, but they were getting it a little bit more right. This one was bananas right. And also like you can't yeah, okay, I'm getting in the weeds, but if it was formal rush, you can't just go and take this basketball player and be like come on over, Like it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: And also based so much on appearance or was that the whole thing the storyline?
Speaker 1: That was the point of this storyline is like they were basically being very sort of a like, oh, this athlete could never be an a sorority, where like half our sorority was athletes half what were genius sink.
Speaker 3: But different sororities do appeal to different correct.
Speaker 1: And I think the point that I that I liked about this was the girl was basically like f you guys, because you should have liked me from the start, like the Zeta Ta zetas or whatever made up sorority they had, and that's why she was like burned them, like that would never happen that way. But I thought she was like, oh, thanks so much and yeah, I won't be joining, which I thought was like, oh good Now, My question is Donna just up and quits dramatic?
Speaker 2: She is she leaving the subtity.
Speaker 3: I thought she was just quitting Rush Committee, like she's leaving.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh, and the president would never act like that, that mean president. I mean, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I realized that's my that was my friend sitting next to her.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Page Tor, Yes, of course, yeah, yeah, married to Jacob, and I think that was her sitting next to the mean sorority girl. She had one line.
Speaker 6: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, look how young she is.
Speaker 3: Who the mean sorority girl is somebody? Her name is Julie Nathanson, the president.
Speaker 1: She was mean, real.
Speaker 2: Mean, smootie Judy, snooty Judy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was tough and it was just embarrassing. It was cringe correct. I can't remember. I just was like, white card, are you going to black card her? I was like, oh my god, this is so stereo. Basically, here's what nind stereotypical sorority life, like, that's how somebody would think it is. And they really leaned into that. I do think, I mean, I think they like. I like that they touch on it because it is kind of like what you all would have done if you were in college. And I like the streaking and the boys being because that all tracks right, like boys causing a ruckus. That part does happen, it's it was the pledges. And then I joined in like all that was actually kind of accurate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how about the fact that Steve goes to Brandon yet again to save his.
Speaker 1: Yet again, and yet again Brandon's like, oh dang it, Steve, I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't got my.
Speaker 1: Journalist in the integrity And then like he goes in.
Speaker 2: I love it that you have a Southern accent for Brandon.
Speaker 1: And then like the Chancellor, I can't tell if he's sort of is the word adult? Like is he sort of adult you know, adul? Or is he souped adult? Don't they sort of adult? Adult? I don't know how you even spelled yeah, like goof like like or is he so savvy that he was like whoa. It's like he went from being so mad that they wouldn't give him the tape to then they give him the tape and he's like, well you've given me the tape and something happened in the chain of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now all the sudden he's in on it.
Speaker 1: Like right, I'm like, what's very weird. It's very weird.
Speaker 2: I always kind of felt like he was like an adult, like.
Speaker 1: Like a kind of one. Is he the most savvy Chancellor?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 3: But there's something so charming about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had the same storyline Claire's mad because Steve's being a dumb ass, Like it's just like can I and.
Speaker 2: So much like Steve bashing from his girlfriend totally.
Speaker 1: And also I would have giggled, like honestly, I would have just been like that emoji where you're like you know that. Also would have been like, that's funny. My boyfriend is the guy in the streaking it's I mean joke. Her outfit though, that the purple.
Speaker 2: Green, Yeah, she had some outlandish outfit.
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 3: I was like, wouldn't have thought to do that, But in some way it works completely.
Speaker 1: Do other than just like, oh, Stave, you've done it again. You're always causing me problems by being a dummy.
Speaker 2: Why is she staying with him?
Speaker 1: I don't know what it's like she and then it's always like brand I did, like when Brandon's like with the eyes. Don't say it, don't say it. I've already fixed this, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He was very cocky in this episode. Didn't you feel like he had like this like air of.
Speaker 1: I run the newsroom, I run the newsroom. And then her with her big magnet. Obviously we all knew, you know, have.
Speaker 2: You ever seen a magnet that pic?
Speaker 1: I don't even think that works. By the way, I don't even think that works.
Speaker 2: He would be stuck to it. Hi, it's a magnet, he's her metal.
Speaker 1: Here's how you wreck a tape. Hold the string out of it, you know what I mean, pull the tape out. Oh my god, do you guys remember having to take the pencil and like, yeah, your tape thing and like oh my culture club tapes all jacked up?
Speaker 3: Wait you guys, why was Carrie strugg in this?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she could come back.
Speaker 2: I dave see the I didn't see who it was. I heard the voice, and I was like, what is happening right now? It was so weird, weird, weird, weird.
Speaker 1: It's like, obviously they got Carrie Strug. She probably was a fan, but they had nothing for her to do, nothing, And she's an amazing gymnast and I will never forget her, like gymnasting with that broken ankle, but she's not a good act.
Speaker 3: Was like, I hope it was David flirting with her like I couldn't, or he's just a fan, like.
Speaker 2: He all of a sudden, such a big, huge fan of women's glastics, I know.
Speaker 3: And he's not angry anymore, you guys.
Speaker 2: No, he's so happy around Kars.
Speaker 1: Angel's gone on in this episode.
Speaker 2: I think it's her. I think she makes him happy.
Speaker 3: So is she going to be in classes with them or is the same?
Speaker 2: I hope so, because then he'll be pleasant to be around.
Speaker 1: Great good help. Oh my god. Wait, so Lorraine just meant messages that Carrie was obviously that whole you know her her era was in nineteen ninety six. This is the second time because remember they made a mention of the Olympics. Yes, Brandon was driving across the country. Yeah, so maybe the Olympics were just like so big that then everyone was like, oh Carrie strug No one cared. I don't know. It was kind of like Mary lou Rettin in eighty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think they had that box, so that's different. That's true. They had that that was like the Magnificent seven or something that was.
Speaker 1: That Harry Strugs. I just remember her like busting her ankle and doing the thing anyway, and she's like hopping. It was so I was like karate kid an ankle. Yes, it was totally karate kid.
Speaker 3: Loreene saying she's going to be in four more, four more episodes.
Speaker 1: We get to Carrie's drug is going to be in f no.
Speaker 2: No, the the lady at the sority and sorority girl.
Speaker 3: I was trying to have like poker face.
Speaker 2: Like good for her.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to talk more about the sorority.
Speaker 3: Oh, Julie Nathanson is ellen, Okay, she's in four more. Yeah, she's just like the mean girl.
Speaker 2: So mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He says you have to win a gold medal to get into a class around here, well.
Speaker 3: Because he doesn't want silent Russian screen What is that class?
Speaker 1: That was wild? You can't get it in his classes.
Speaker 3: But it's full, it's packed. He can't get into that one. Everyone wants to take that one.
Speaker 2: But I did enjoy, in true Donna fashion, you standing up for what's right, rooting for the underdog, trying to help her. Yep, it was perfect my hair and despite your hair, because that was real hard for me to get past, and I was struggling with it so much. And then you did it to that poor girl, and I did it to her. But you are super cute when you're standing behind her and you're like like posy. You know that Look was who had those pigtails? Jim Carrey somewhere.
Speaker 1: Long stalking?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, those pig tails.
Speaker 1: Dummer, dumb and dumber, dumb and dumber.
Speaker 2: Living color, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Pet? Detective?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, Pet Not the three point shot?
Speaker 2: No, not detective?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you? Did you remember? Right?
Speaker 1: Jen?
Speaker 2: I feel like I don't even think I watched it.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was Tori's actual shot because they cut to the basket.
Speaker 2: Did you make that shot?
Speaker 3: I mean unless I was throwing what is it when you underhead underhand?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You had you were pretty good and I was like, oh right. When you took the ball and I knew you were gonna throw it, I got actually tense in my body because I was like, oh no, I hope she looks good doing this, because I know this is kind of not her thing. So when you did it, I was like pleasantly surprised at your form. Wasn't bad, Like you did a good job.
Speaker 1: Donna loves a crappie top.
Speaker 2: There was crop tops all over the place in this episode.
Speaker 1: It made a strong comeback. Oh yeah, oh yeah, crop tops are back. Oh so guess what you guys. I kind of like Valerie Kenny. Now I've been such in my mouth sweet in this episode. I was like, I I like them.
Speaker 2: I know problem, why why why do you like them?
Speaker 3: I don't know. He's not grossing me out anymore. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: He's not grossing you out. He's in the car with his wife.
Speaker 1: And her hair is better this episode.
Speaker 2: Her like, her outfits were better in this episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he I don't know.
Speaker 3: He wasn't a sticky beat like with his like it was more kind of real. Maybe it's that a little bit more.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether to hate him or not.
Speaker 2: He least her an apartment so that they could fool around, not in the Walsh.
Speaker 1: House, I guess, so they just have a place to go. That was first of all, It's one of our first shout outs to Brentwood. So I was real happy.
Speaker 3: You were looking and like, do you know exactly where that is?
Speaker 2: That place?
Speaker 1: Okay? It looked like it literally looked like my street. I was like, is that sanm Pasani is thatta? Like what's happening? It looked like Brentwood? They called it out, and then it really did look like brent Wood. Hyeah, it really did. So I was just immediately doing the math, like, okay, so this guy is paying for a apartment and he kind of acknowledges. He's like you can live here or not, like you can stay here or not. It's all furnished, by the way, fully.
Speaker 3: Furnished, disgustingly but okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she doesn't even look around.
Speaker 2: No, she just goes straight to the bedroom.
Speaker 3: I was like, she wasn't even like, oh my gosh, or at least pull a little bit like he's like, do you like it? Do you like it?
Speaker 1: It almost felt genuinely bad for her, which is weird because I, first of all, she knows what she's doing. She's totally dating a married guy. But then I felt bad for her when she had the dinner maid and then she's do do do do do? Calling on the phone and gets his office, and then doo doo doo calling on the car, and then he's like, hi mom, I mean the whole thing is so gross.
Speaker 3: Like sorry, she mentions, am I a kept woman?
Speaker 2: I mean, yet you two, you two like this, now you two are into it, like it. That's why I don't understand why.
Speaker 3: But that happens. It's like men not kept. It makes it sound like they're a prisoner.
Speaker 5: But they give a lifestyle to a girl that they're like, Okay, this is great.
Speaker 3: I mean she is the Walsh House, so she is in this place, but it's just me.
Speaker 1: It's very She's got daddy issues and she is showing them to us. And then I sort of was like, oh my god, he came to the door. I'm just like sucked in he came to the door. Ah, he's got papers and Brandon with the Stink Guy, Brandon performing well with the stink Guy, and like, oh you make Miles calls mob or whatever his name is. And then he goes upstairs Kenny and he's like so and so's here, and then she's like tell him, I'm at yogurt, and I'm just like I love the drama of this. I am in.
Speaker 3: I was really into Jason's performance this episode because sometimes with Brandon he plays him kind of like.
Speaker 1: What's the word.
Speaker 3: Hm, like mono, a little mono, and I know that's his but like I felt it was very like he had different levels in this one, which was a choice. I felt like he was very into this episode, like, yes, and he looks great.
Speaker 1: He always does. He always well, he has some season. But I liked that he was given Kenny the stink guys and his name Kenny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, back to Brandon.
Speaker 2: You call him back to Brandon for a second though, because yeah, I would love I Are we going to see Brandon's like what makes him who he is? Are we going to ever see below the surface of this valiant No?
Speaker 1: You mean perfect Brandon?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I want to see more. I want to know that character like somebody. Just when he says to Kenny at the door, like oh that the first year was tough, but gotten used to it. Now his parents wholly left him and don't even come back for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Like, do you ever see Brandon breakdown and cry and say I can't be perfect, I can't hold this all together.
Speaker 2: I would like to see this, you.
Speaker 6: Know what, Jen?
Speaker 3: That is what is such a great point Amy. It never happens, does it.
Speaker 1: I don't not that I can recall him. Even when his parents were gonna get divorced, he handled it like a real Champa was He's also just kind of like perfect Brandon.
Speaker 3: That going to be great, Jen, So right, I would love to have seen that one time.
Speaker 1: He had some meltdowns more with Dylan, you know, not full meltdowns, but like especially when he was sort of trying to help Dylan at times. Right, you saw a full emotion there, but not like where you're really getting to know the insight.
Speaker 3: So what pressure on Brandon? Like he supports a lot of people emotionally and it's financially I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, right, Yeah, I need to see him lose his Yeah, I would like to.
Speaker 1: See that your best friend and true love up and left and you guys forgot about it, like about a day later and someone died. That was like soon close to y'all, and y'all were pretty much over it the next day, meaning Rebecca Gayheart like we really got over that her murder very fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just saying it's just a lot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: This is why the show is so popular, because there's a little something for everybody in each episode.
Speaker 1: Totally, I'm pretty into the Valerie storyline. It might be my favorite. That means said I don't love where it goes. I would have actually enjoyed what we can talk about it as it goes there. Oh, it gets so unhinged where i'd rat And so I'm sorry. I know everyone yells at me for giving spoilers, but literally giving spoilers on a show that aired thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's a spoiler to me.
Speaker 3: So I was like wow, because we know what's going to happen, but in this epod, we don't know what's gonna I was like for this young girl to be as fine with this situation and kind of like, no, I'm gonna make him. Wait no, it's on, Oh do you want me? And it's when I say and I was like wow.
Speaker 6: I was like wow. I thought she.
Speaker 1: Had a turnaround way too fast though, Like she was like tell him I'm at yogurt and it's like, then she shows up at the office. First of all, he was way too rude, right, Like, he was way too mean, considering, hey, dude, what did yesterday? You basically were like in your car with your wife while I made like lamb chops at home?
Speaker 2: Was he mad at her?
Speaker 1: That was weird? And then she's so like because she called hisself here, right, But then he came over and that was before he she right, I thought, knowing what did they have a discussion?
Speaker 3: Like do not ever call my cell phone? I don't know, Like why was he so mad like she had?
Speaker 1: How does she get the I mean, yeah, I don't know. Maybe there's like.
Speaker 3: She was he was just mad because of the timing, but that that's not that's well.
Speaker 1: Then he was mad because he showed up at the Walsh house and she wouldn't see him, so he was all bent out of shape. When I'm like, dude, he's a deck that's why. That's why I love him.
Speaker 2: Suddenly, Yeah, I want to say, Amy, though, I'm kind of excited to see this turned in you oh, that you are all of a sudden into the storyline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's getting maybe because it's getting juicy.
Speaker 1: Before I was just like.
Speaker 3: You like that drop, you like the drama.
Speaker 1: I like the drama. And then it's so like when she shows up the office and then she's like seducing him. I was like, oh my god. I almost kind of got embarrassed, Like I was a little bit like, am I having like secondhand embarrassment, Like I don't know, I don't have to do with this. And I was glad they cut it off when they did because I was so uncompassed. I was like, I don't yikes.
Speaker 2: What if the what if the secretary come out?
Speaker 6: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Hell, the same thing.
Speaker 3: Hell, Helen's probably seen this a million times. Yeah, that guy had.
Speaker 1: This is not the first time this gut's done that which we know, remember the juicy thing that comes out?
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: No, No, we don't ruin it for us. Oh really should she do? We want to know?
Speaker 2: She no, No, she thinks you remember and she knows I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll remember when Jenny will never remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Anyway, thanks, what do you guys give? This episode?
Speaker 1: This season is not jumping the shark in any way. This season might be as good as the one before. Like I'm loving it.
Speaker 2: You give it a nine, you'd say point five nine.
Speaker 1: Like I'm Carrie's Drug. I'm going to give it an eight point five. Oh that was low. I don't think it's low. It feels low for how good this episode was.
Speaker 2: There were parts of it that were like five for me, and there were parts of it that were like a ten. And there were parts of it that were a nine. Like I can't when it's all over the place like this, how are you supposed to give it a nine?
Speaker 1: I know we have to go, But all of a sudden, I just had a moment of like, this is the same episodeode where you have your scene and like when he's passing away, that's the same episode.
Speaker 3: It feels like right, like that's a ten to me. But I know you love the sorty stuff. I didn't love it as much.
Speaker 2: So I just loved your hair. That's all.
Speaker 1: It's all a ten. It's all ten to me. I'm going to raise my thing to a perfect ten for Carrie Drug and.
Speaker 3: For kit Drug Summer five, Summer ten. So how do you emerge it together? You give it a ten, you are leaving the witness.
Speaker 2: I think you have to like do the math, which I don't and then you kind of like divide it by four, and then I think it's like seven point five seven seven point five is always safe when some of it's not great and some of it's great.
Speaker 3: I got t getting for eight point five, but she's safe for the seven point five.
Speaker 1: No, she's not getting anyone the gold and you guys are scoring it way too low.
Speaker 2: But it's fine, It's okay. What's our next episode?
Speaker 1: And please say the next one is on streaming because it really seems good. The bummer that this was on DVD, like hello, and I know people aren't even they're they're quitting on us because they don't want to deal with the DVD. There's I'm like, stop, come back, come back.
Speaker 2: Next week we have a season seven, episode six housewarming.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is Brewer.
Speaker 1: But what David's house. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, look at her.
Speaker 2: But oh my god, look at her. But do what song is that from? Because I say that constantly about myself.
Speaker 1: Sir, mix a lot like baby Got Back.
Speaker 2: Bye, guys, Bye, have a good week.