Speaker 1: This video is brought to you by DraftKings Sports Book. The NBA season is in full swing and you can get into the action at DraftKings. Check out DraftKings parlays and same game parlays where you can combine multiple bets from the same game for a shot at an even bigger payout. So download the DraftKings app now. You can use promo code Bullyball when you sign up. All one word be u l y ball. You can do it. I know you can do it. Only a DraftKings sports book. The crown is yours. Welcome to the Bullyball Podcast presented by DraftKings. I'm Rachel Nichols. Bats to Marcus Cousins. At least I think that's Boogye Cousins because bog my monitors going in and out here, so I can hear you. I can't always see you, so if you like do this during the podcast, I won't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just know I'm here, Rachel, I got your bet.
Speaker 1: Okay, appreciate that I can see you some of the time. It's good. It's good. I want to start with Draymond Green because you know you dropped your own news on this podcast. A couple of weeks ago. Draymond dropped his own news on his podcast just this morning, which is pretty awesome. You know, he's back from suspension. The NBA reinstated him over the weekend, and he came out this morning on his pod and he talked about a really crazy conversation he had with Adam Silver right after the decision to suspend him came down. He said quote that he told Adam it's just too much for me. It's all becoming too much. I'm going to retire, so that's crazy, And then dre said that Adam's response was, you're making a rash decision. I'm not going to let you do that. So but first of all, what do you just think of that conversation at all? That that's the point where dray was at, and the fact that Adam stepped in and said what he said.
Speaker 3: As an over overall, I think it's really dope from both for both people. And the reason I could say that is I agree with Adam when when he said that was you know, he's being a rational He's making you know, the dramatic decision, and I agree with that, but it also shows that And the reason I say this is because Anybody that genuinely cares for Draymond, has genuine love for him, would have told him the same thing. Draymond, you know, you wild and you're tripping right now. You're overthinking this.
Speaker 1: Saying you're tripping, hey, and.
Speaker 3: And I hope the conversation went that way, because that would be the absolute truth. Anyone that really cares for Draymond would have told him the same thing. So just seeing that response from Adam Silver or hearing about that response, obviously you know he cares, and I can only imagine the state of mind that Draymond is in. Obviously he did some you know, some wild bullshit that you know, these are the consequences of his actions. But with that being said, I've spoke on the time and time again, like I can understand why he got to that point. Mentally, Yeah, this whole narrative has been spun out of control. The you know, the attack of his character, the attack of him as a human being, a person, you know, taking him outside of a basketball court, and it's just completely unfair. Did he do some things that you know, whut that that crossed the line when it comes to the game of basketball. Absolutely, but it shouldn't determine who he is as a person off the court, and that's where you know, my whole issue comes in with it. So to hear where Draymond is mentally about it, it's understandable. It can become a lot and you know, people say, you know, well he makes millions of dollars, Well, that doesn't Money doesn't take away your emotions. Money doesn't take away your feelings. Money doesn't stop you from bleeding, crying, being sad, depressed, any of those things. So you know, for that to be the number one excuse, well that comes with the money that it doesn't excuse anything. So you know, I'm glad that mine could come back with a clear mind and get back to where he is with you know, going to continue and finish out his career and you know, hopefully he's in a better place and he can just move on from this. We can all move on from it, and we can get back to Dreymond playing a high level of basketball, you know, and hopefully helping the Warriors turning season around. So you know, I'm happy that he's back on the floor, and like I said, I hope everything works out in his favor to where he's able to move on and get back to the more positive things in his career.
Speaker 1: I thought the point you made right when he was suspended about how we're in this culture where where it's all one or the other. Right, So, you know, when he was winning, when they were winning titles, you know, he was the glue. He was this he was that those emotions were so important to the team. But then after especially this last suspension, and look, because it came so quickly on the heels of the one before it, there was all this chatter about, oh, Draymond has deep emotional problems and easy going to be able to even get back to being a teammate, a good teammate, that kind of thing. Your point that it's just was swing, there's no middle ground, I thought was so astute. And the fact that now that conversation, that national conversation has like tampered down a little bit. I mean, we're so rash now as Americans and American culture. It's like either all one way, all the other. It's huge for forty eight hours, but then it kind of dissipates, and I think that's where the national conversation on Draymond is now is people are like, oh, they're a little calmer about it, and that maybe he can get back to being who he is publicly in addition to just himself. He was on the bench last night, so that was a step in the right direction. He's supposed to come back later this week. What effect do you think it'll have on the Warriors on the court to have him just back and being that stabilizing force.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure.
Speaker 3: And the reason I say that is the Warriors have so many problems outside of Draymond. Like Draymond coming back or Draymond not being there doesn't change the fact that the Warriors have.
Speaker 2: Issues they have.
Speaker 3: It's so many things that need to be fixed with the Warriors, So you know, the addition or subtraction of Draymond, I don't really feel changes anything. I think this is a management problem, an ownership problem where you know, obviously they're they put so much money into this team throughout the years, and now there at this point where you know, the money and the uh and the production aren't really matching up. So this is more of an organization problem and they have to figure out, you know, which path they want to take. Do they want to continue to try to you know, squeeze this limit and get the best out of these three Hall of famers, or are they ready to you know, move on and blow this thing up and start to rebuild a process. So I kind of think that's where they are when it comes to this team, And like I said, it's on management to figure out which route they want to take.
Speaker 1: Well, look, you're the one who played on this team. You know all the people involved. So closely to me, Draymond Green is what helps Steph Curry be Steph. And I think we've seen that when Draymond's off the court. Steph has had some great games, but he also has had some not so great shooting games. And I think, honestly, I think that they need Draymond. There is talk though of and look, we talked last week about should they trade Klay Thompson or not? Where is he and his relationship with the Warriors. He'll be a free agent this coming summer. Draymond Green just signed that huge contract. But now that he is back and eligible and going to be playing again and the trade deadline is just about a month away, do you believe any of this talk, Boogie that the Warriors should look to trade Draymond do you think he even has any value right now? What do you think?
Speaker 3: My good is telling me. I don't see this team making a drastic move mid season. I think they'll ride this out and the decisions to be made in the offseason. But as far as the trade value with Draymond, this is a league that flourish is on you know, defenders because you know the scoring is locked up in this league. They need as many defenders as they as they can get, and elite defenders at that. So I feel like the value for Draymond will always be there with what he's with, what he's great at doing. I feel like he could fit into any team. Obviously, personality comes into play with the narratives that's been put on his name, but you know, Draymond's a winner, He's been a winner since he stepped in, and like I said, I feel like he could fit into any team. So my personal opinion, I feel like his value is still where it is. Obviously age comes into play things of that nature, but what he brings to the court on a nine the basis doesn't really change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree that there is a market for him if they wanted to deal him. I mean, look, you're telling me Detroit wouldn't want to bring him back to Michigan no matter how big his contract is or how old he is. Like, I can see all kinds of teams that might want to just have that sort of presence around the team for their younger players, or want the kind of publicity frankly, and the energy that Draymond would bring. But I don't think they're going to deal him. You know, We'll have to see. We talked a little bit about the West and their trade parameters with all the different teams last week. I want to get to the E this week. But before we talk trade deadline, we got to talk about the Celtics and Jason Tatum book, because it is crazy what Boston is doing and it's been so quiet. But as we sit here today, they are number one in record in the entire league, number one in net rating, number two in offensive rating, they have the number two defense in the league, and yet Jason Tatum not really being included in this MVP discussion at all. In fact, the NBA's own website has sort of a weekly ranking where they rank the top five MVP candidates, like sort of as it stands for that week, Jason Tatum's not even on that top five list. I mean, it's kind of crazy. He's having one of the better all around seasons of his already impressive career. His all round game has really just this flourished and then if you like scoring, he's hitting threes at thirty seven percent. He's hit over thirty points in three of his last four games. I think, why do you think some of that stuff isn't translating him into even being in that quote the conversation that we always talk about.
Speaker 2: What's the nicest way I could put.
Speaker 1: This, Rachel, You've never been that nice, boggy.
Speaker 2: Come on, well, I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 3: The last five years, it's been Europeans to win MVP. Yes, every season we start, who do you think will win MVP this year? You kind of come out with the rankings every year it's Europeans. On the league website list right now, number one is Joel l Mb, Number two is Nicole Jokic, Number three is Shak Alexander, number four is Gianni's.
Speaker 2: Number five is Luca mm hmm.
Speaker 1: She's Canadian. I'm just gonna throw that out there.
Speaker 2: Just read between the lines a little bit.
Speaker 1: There's a bias against American players.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't want you got to put the basketball part aside.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't want American players to be good in the NBA? American players still sell the best Nike. You can still market an American player more than they can anyone else. I don't I don't know who's who have a business.
Speaker 2: And we want to be global. We want to be global. Okay, the NBA wants to be global.
Speaker 3: It wants to It wants it to be a global game, which is is becoming every day. And you know when your top five MVP candidates are all from everywhere but America, that definitely.
Speaker 2: Helps the case.
Speaker 1: So okay, well you don't make any money, you book cousins do not make any money in Greece. All right, well you booky cousins do not make any money in Greece, if you honest is hyped up. So in your rankings, you look at those five guys, right, would you kick any of those five guys you just mentioned out to put Jason Tatum in?
Speaker 3: I would, And I value winning like I think when when it comes to MVP, I think when it has to play a part in that And my only issue what it is it kind of it's no standard. There's no standard for what it takes to be an MVP. You know, be about numbers the next case. Yeah, one case, it'd be about numbers the next time, and to be about wins and who's dominating you know what teams dominating the league. We can take it back to the Steve Nash and Kobe years, Steve Nash winning because his team was winning, Kobe was putting up unreal numbers. Still to this day, we can't find a standard to what it takes to you know, what are the criteria is to win MVP. We still don't know. All I know is Jason Tatum is having an unbelievable year. He has a number one team in the East. He's averaging twenty eight with nine and five like mm hmm.
Speaker 2: He has to be top three. He has to be.
Speaker 1: I think the the number one team over to we take out. That's not my job to decide correctly. Oh that's a cop out, you know my thing. If you're gonna say he's got to be top five, you got to tell me who's coming out. Ah, man, I don't know where the Mavericks are right now in the rank in the standings. They were in the top three for a while, then they dropped all the way down to seven or eight. I don't know where they are right now. Maybe one of the producers can jump in.
Speaker 3: But and I feel like you have to take out I feel like Shade, Jannis or Luca could be taken out.
Speaker 1: Not because you can't take out if you're talking about record, you can't take out Shaye. They're the thunder of the number two team in the West, but.
Speaker 2: The Celtics on the number one team in the East.
Speaker 1: I think has had I think Luca's had a season that is worth being quote in the conversation as we say. But if we do have to take someone out, I think because the Mavericks are six in the standings, as great as Luca has been so far the season, and he has been great, that maybe you put Jason Tatum in that spot by just because I think, you know, the winning makes a big difference, and he's playing so well. That team does not move, does not go anywhere without Jason Tatum. So I don't know, we'll see, We'll watch that as the season goes on. I do want to talk trades, though, Boog, because the Celtics are one of the teams. We're just going to go through the top teams in the East because you know, we see these teams they want to make the tweak, right, they want to be the one to sort of get clear of everyone else, and that thick kind of group of contenders at the top of the East we saw a couple of years ago. Do you remember that, like all three top East teams like made a trade one after the other on the deadline day, within an hour of each other, trying to one up each other. And so let's take a look at these teams and what they might do this year if we keep with the Celtics just for a minute, especially since they're at the top of that bunch. Brad Stevens spoke to the media the other day and he talked about the fact that he doesn't expect them to make some big move. In fact, he was asked about the center spot two times, which of course that's been our topic conversation in terms of what the Celtics might need more of since the summertime, and both times he either avoided the question or he said, oh, I think that you know, between Porzingis and al Horford were good and he kept answering instead by saying that they needed a big wing player instead, So that was interesting. Also interesting that he made the point that, look, they have the six point two million dollar trade exception. That's kind of it. That's all they have to kind of play with right now without giving away one of the pieces that's working so well for them and making them number one in the East. So someone would have to fit into their be likely a more veteran player, you know, someone who's on a minimum. What do you think, what do you think if they are looking for a big wing do you think they need anything. Brad also pointed out it might just be someone in the organization they need to develop more and not mess with it.
Speaker 2: I don't see this team needing too much.
Speaker 3: I'm not even really understanding the big wing that that's needed to be feel yeah that yeah, I feel like this team is complete. I think I think they did a great job of constructing his team, filling out every need in the off season to the point where this is, you know, one of the favorites to win it this year. So as far as finding the wing that they are talking about, I could see that being like a Royce O'Neill from Brooklyn, something of that nature. Yeah, obviously it's got to be, you know, a more veteran wing, but also a guy that's you know, kind of in a bench role. I can't really see it being a starter type player. So I can see a Royce O'Neill fitting that, you know that that criteria, But as far as this team needs, I don't really see much. Their stacked This is a stacked team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, Raise O'Neil might be wanted by one of these other teams because if you go right down the standings to the Bucks, look, they need defense and they I think they have unlike Boston. I think they have to make a move. You know, they made this huge investment in Damian Alert. They shook up the whole team. You can't go into the playoffs like this without having a defensive end. And they knew it. They knew when they were getting rid of Drew Holliday what was going on. But now it's time. Now it's time to pay that Piper Royce O'Neill has been talked about it being a good fit for them. You know, some bigger names that might cost more, and we'll see what the you know, bidding ends. Up being for them would be Alex Caruso Drian Finney Smith. But then also you've got Royce, You've got Delon Wright in Washington. You know what, do you think who do you think would be a good fit for that team?
Speaker 3: I mean the two most obvious choices are as Caruso and Fanny Smith.
Speaker 2: Drian Finney Smith.
Speaker 3: I think they come in and fit that defensive wing row perfectly for this team. This is a team that we've spoken with their defensive struggles throughout the season. So you know, honestly, any of these names fit that fit that bial of what they're trying to do. But the two names that I feel take them over to hunt put push this team over the hump, or Cruso on Phinney Smith. Obviously, Cruso is a championship you know player, He's played at that level. This is a team with aspirations of being the championship team, so obviously you want to go with that experience as the first option. And just Drian Phinney Smith in general, just his intangibles, his athleticism, his length, the height, with being a versatile wing defender, he can guard you know the post song. So those two names obviously jump out and could fit that team perfectly. So if I'm the Bucks, I'm I'm definitely trying to go all in on those two guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you just have to you have to figure it out because they need that. And you know, Damian Lillard, he's not old. I mean, his game is one of the kind of game that's gonna last long in the NBA. You know, shooters obviously can play late into their careers, but he is getting older, and every year that passes, every year that Giannis gets, you know, a little frustrated. Obviously, he hinted the summer about maybe wanted to leave. Then they got name, he signed that big contract. But as we know, contracts in the NBA don't mean that you necessarily stay in that team, just asked James Harden, So you know, they need to keep him happy, they need to keep the bus moving. So I totally agree with you. And then you get to the sixers underneath them in the standings, and look, they made the hardened deal and we were all like, great, wonderful. Now let's see who their next move is. Who are they going to bring in to replace him? And Tyres MAXI just exploded and he's been so good for them that now it's a question of do they need to make a deal before the deadline? Do they stam pat They've got a ton of cap room opening up this summer. They have really kept their options open. Even with the hard and trade. They got guys back who are on expiring contracts, and the idea was they would have enough money either to take on a big salary, you know when if they got a big player at the deadline, or go out the summer in free agency and get an a huge star if there is another huge star available. I mean, that has to happen, that has to shake out. But what do you think do you think that Joel Embiid, who has sort of been a little impatient and they haven't advanced, you know, even even past the second round in a long time, do you need to make a move now to kind of tweak that and get them into those Eastern Conference finals or do you feel fine standing patent waiting.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think this sixty teen waits to see they're playing at a high level with you know what's in place right now. I think their main focus is, you know, continuing to let Joel have the year that he's having, possibly winning another MVP this year, it only increases their chances of landing another star who wouldn't want to come play with a two time MVB. So I think that's something that you know, they're pushing to make happen. And you know, I don't think this team is in a bad place. Like I said, I've said before, they have their two core guys and you know MAXI and MB now, so now it's just about filling out the rest of the roster. They have a great coaching, Nick Nurse championship coach, incredible IQ when it comes to the notepad. So I think a lot of things are in place for them. I don't think it's really a rush. I don't think they make this season championship or bus season. So I think they you know, sit still with what they got kind of monitored, uh, monitor the horizon and figure out, you know, the exact pieces they want to fill out this team with in the off season and going into the next season.
Speaker 2: So I don't really see them making a move right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they are going to have to figure it out because they were really hot on og A Nanobi. Obviously he goes to the next his contracts expiring. But again let's not kid ourselves. Og Ananoby's agent is the son of Leon Ross, So you gotta think that the Knicks are aware family Christmas table conversation that if they traded for og they can keep og recent him and you know he will not be on the market for Philadelphia. Then you look at Pascal Siakam. That was another big rumored piece that Philadelphia was going to go after. But all the reporting around Philadelphia and Toronto is that the Sixers have not aggressively tried to get Siakam at all. In fact, that the idea is that. I mean, look, I don't know. Maybe Nick Nurse and Siakam did not leave on good terms when Nick left the organization, I don't know. Maybe it's just they don't think is on court fit with Embido Maxie is quite right. But they, you know, reportedly or just not really involved in those discussions. And there are so many teams that really want Siakam that you know, it doesn't seem like at this point they're going to jump in and try to get him. So it'll be interesting to see if they try to get again a player more around the edges if they just stamp pat if they feel that pressure from EMBIID. I think you talk to Joel right and you say, okay, where are you If we don't do anything, is this going to come back to bite us? And you're going to you know, make waves this summer. So I think, well, they'll have to see what they do they are But that big move that we were expecting at the beginning of the season, after the hard and trade, I don't think that's coming. And that's that's very interesting, which brings us to the heat because they need a point guard book and look, we all know that they turn it on in the playoffs. They're fourth in the East. You know they could obviously, you know, even drop down to fifth or sixth, seventh, and they're still dangerous once we get into April. But that being said, they need a point guard. And it's just interesting. We thought they were going to top target Donovan, Mitchell donovand Mitchell Cleveland's saying they're not gonna put them on the trading block. I don't know if bog everyone has a price, I don't know. What do you think? What do you think should go on there in Miami? Right? No, No, we're not trading you book Nore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any team tells you to start packing your ship. But uh, but when it comes to Donovan Mitchell, I think he's He's the part perfect piece for Miami. Obviously, they need the offense, they have the defense in place. I think Donovan Mitchell just makes that team so much better, a huge threat in the league. But as far as the Heat just needed a point guard in general, I feel like it's a lot of targets out there. I can see a special then with he coming in and filling in that role. Obviously, the team needs the offense that I was speaking about. I think he fits fits that bill for them.
Speaker 2: Malcolm Brocklon is another option.
Speaker 3: That you know, fist, that mold fist that you know, the the standard of that team, the toughness and you know, defensive minded team, team first guy. So I and everywhere Malcolm's being he's been a winner, So I think he fits that criteria as well. And for some reason, this name just came up in my head. I think he could help a lot of teams this year. He's very experienced point guard. John Wallas just sitting at home, I think he fished. He why he hasn't gotten another chance. I'm not really sure, but John Waller's perfect for that role. He could come in as a starter. He can come in off the bench and really help that team get to another level.
Speaker 2: So that's another name that's just out there.
Speaker 1: So I love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But.
Speaker 3: I mean they have some great options with you know, filling out this team and actually making them a contender this year because you know, their foundation is Jimmy and Bam, so anything you feel around that only increases the team. Obviously you're not getting the production you want from Kyle Lars, so that's a contract that can be sent out, and I mean it's just so many options for this Heat team. They have some draft capital, they have Tyler Hiro as a big trade that's it. So they could definitely make some moves and feel this roster out to be a team that you know, challenges the league.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: I love the John wall idea. He had a workout I would say maybe a month ago, and a bunch of teams, more than a dozen teams I think attended. So we'll see if he jumps back in there before the deadline or maybe in the buyout market. Malcolm Brogden is hungry to get back to a contending team. Watch for Tyas Jones too. I think he's an interesting name around the heat, but very good, all right. I love our East. Look at the trade deadline and we'll see what happens over the next week. Now we're getting into one of my favorite segments, my window into the deep dark successful gambling mind of Boogey Cousins. I love this. I love getting a window into your soul, my friend. The bet on the board for I'll take that bet, presented by DraftKings is the Houston Rockets. This is a really fun bet they have up right now. It's whether the Rockets are going to make the playoffs. And this is why it's interesting. The Rockets are sitting in ninth place right now, but it is just a bumble cluster in the West. These standings are crazy. You have the top seeded Wolves and then you have all the way down to the Rockets in ninth place, and they're only separated by seven games. You have. It's just it's crazy. Anybody could be in there. You get the Lakers and the Warriors underneath the Rockets in tenth and eleventh, and we certainly expect them to make some moves. Lakers just beat the Clippers, look like maybe they're waking up from their slump that they've been in over the last month or so. What do you think, boogie? The odds are the Rockets would make the playoffs. They're plus one ninety five miss the playoffs two fifty, which minus two fifty. Of course, which beat are you taking? Are you going to take that they're going to make the playoffs or will you take that bet that they're going to lose the playoffs? Lose the playoffs, not make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not making.
Speaker 1: The playoffs and they're not.
Speaker 3: The reason I say that is this Rockets team. No, this Rockets team isn't That's not their goal right now. Their goal has developed these young players that they've you know, drafted over the years. I think there'll be a tough team to beat this year. They're well coached, they're defensive minded, so any team like that is always going to be tough to beat. They're one of those teams that aren't good enough, you know, to you know, make the playoffs, but they're good enough to ruin another team season. I think there'll be a challenge every night of whatever team you know they face. But as far as making the playoffs or even making a push to make the playoffs, I don't think this team or organization is ready to make the move. Like I said, it's just about developing the young pieces and just being competitive this year, and I think they're doing a great job of that. I think their goal will be next year to kind of, you know, figure out exactly what they're gonna keep, you know, the exact you know pieces they're gonna move forward with this young team, and then you know, we'll start seeing them make a push to be you know, a playoff slash contender. So and on top of that, the teams beneath them, the Lakers, Sons, these teams are gonna make moves to improve. These were built this season to compete for a championship, so they'll definitely be making moves to improve. They will only get better throughout the season. So that's the reason I kind of say this Rockets team it's not I just don't see that this season. So definitely bad against them making the playoffs if you want to keep some money.
Speaker 1: I really like watching them. They're fun. It's so nice to have them have like that fun energy after some really tough years down there. Ima Aduka is going back to Boston. I think the Rockets play in Boston sometime in the next week or so, so that will be interesting. But he's certainly done great things with that team. Shangun has been incredible, what a find like they just have a lot of fun energy around them. But I have to agree with you, I'm not sure they're making the playoffs given who's under them. I mean, that's really the thing is that I expect the Lakers to make a move, and also a team with Lebron and ad I just don't see them seeing the playoffs. I don't see it. And the Warriors, I think are going to make a move, So we'll see what happens there. The Suns finally have Bradley Beal back, I hope for good, and we'll see what they do. They're actually in Los Angeles this week, so I'm gonna go out and see them a couple of the games. But tough bet for the Houston Rockets. We'll see, we'll see. But I now I get a little insight into you know, what Boogie thinks America. So there you go. Follow his advice. He's strongly right time for set a reminder. These are the games that you're gonna want to make sure you put on your calendar for this week, Boogie. I want to know which of these games you are most interested in. Let me read them off for you. On Wednesday, we have the Wolves at the Celtics. That will be interesting, number one team in the West versus number one team in the East. On Thursday, you've got Celtics at Bucks that will of course be a huge matchup with implications going forward into the playoffs. You also have Sons at Lakers. That'll be a great game. That will be I think the Sons are playing the Clippers tonight, so it's gonna be very interesting to see the Suns after four days in Los Angeles. I don't know, although they live in Phoenix, so maybe not quite going as wild as some of the other teams that come in here. Friday, we've got Kings at Sixers and Pelicans at Nuggets. So which of those games is most interesting to you.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for Wednesday's game Wolves and Celtics. You get the best two teams in the league from both conferences. I think it's just going to be a good basketball game, good competitive game. You get the best at the best from both sides. So I'm interested in now I think that would be a great show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. And look, you know these teams, they know what they're fighting for and they know how important it is going to become late playoff time. So I'm very interested to see how that all works out. And speaking of the Bucks, we got to get to our doom scroll our social media segment. We look around all the socials, so you can we just give you the best at the best. You don't have to And I love this from Malik Beasley showing some confidence here. But the Bucks are one and four against the Pacers this season. This has exploded out of nowhere into this incredibly like grudge match rivalry between these two teams. You know, it is spicy in the Midwest America. But Beasley went out on a limb here. He said, quote, I'm not it's not going to be pretty for them if the teams match up in the playoffs. That is a lot. If you're a role player and you are one and four on the season already, what do you think of a role player speaking out like that? And putting everyone else on blast.
Speaker 3: Man, got to play your role man, sit back, play cool, like we don't need this.
Speaker 2: For me, not from you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you know Jannis or Dane pulled into the side of you know.
Speaker 2: Young fella, you know you should sip it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But uh, that's that's not his place. That's not his place. I don't think. I don't know. They've lost one out of four against his team, and I don't think I think they only won.
Speaker 1: They're one and four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but him specifically, Elik Beasley has only scored double digits one time out of all of those meetings. I just don't think he's the right guy to be pushing this message like let's leave that today or Jannis or let's just go and play. The talking isn't necessary, especially from a role player like sit back, play cool and everything on go smooth.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I give Chris Haynes he was doing that interview credit. He always gets guys going, but maybe maybe a little quieter on this one. Jiannis did in fact speak on the rivalry, but he had a very different take. This quote was amazing. He was basically asked, you know how much do you think about the Pacers? You know, how much is Indiana in your head? And you know a lot of players, especially elite players like Giannis, would be like, oh, I don't think about them. I think about the game in front of me. You know, don't want to give anyone anything extra. Yanna's totally the opposite. Apparently the Pacers are not just renting space in his head for free. They've moved in, They've built an addition, they brought some extra family. This is what he said. Quote. You think about it when you go home and sleep and wake up, you think about it, when you go back and work out, you think about it. And my favorite part, when you're getting freaky at night, you think about it. So yeah, there you go. That's more information than I needed personally. Yeah, that's a lot. What do you think about the Pacers having this much of a stake in Yeah, this is mental state.
Speaker 2: Man obviously is on his mind for it.
Speaker 1: You think.
Speaker 2: So for that last.
Speaker 3: Part, man, for you to be in the middle of, you know, the extra curricular and it's still on your mind, that says a lot. So man, Yannis, you got some thing is to figure out.
Speaker 2: Brother. I'm sure the wife he isn't happy about.
Speaker 1: It, but she's lovely by the way.
Speaker 2: Obvious, this is the big task for this this Bucks team.
Speaker 1: Yep. Obviously they've got three kids, so he can't be thinking about it that much because he's still pumping them out.
Speaker 3: But I see, But man, that's that's a that's a crazy statement. That's a crazy statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there you go. We'll have to see how that rivalry goes.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think obviously it's it's it's something that's on this Bucks team's mind. This this team has has had their number for the for the year so far. So this is just a sign of you know, self improvement, the team being aware of you know, they struggled with this team all year. They want to become better. They want to compete for a championship this year, so them better in this situation against this one team that they feel has kind of been in their wordy season. It only it only reaches their chances and helps the same improve So the fact that they are realizing that they've struggled against them, they know they have something to improve on this year and this is one of their challenges.
Speaker 1: So you know, well, apparently everyone except Malik Beasley realizes they've struggled against them. But yes, everyone else, definitely, everyone else realizes that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the league, you got to sit this one out, brother, this this.
Speaker 1: Is exactly.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We're gonna move on to Merk Cuban because he did something pretty amazing this week. You know, he recently sold a big chunk of his steak and the team he is still, of course going to be in charge of basketball, which is a crazy arrangement. Only Mark Cuban, the Shark of Sharks deal maker, could pull that off. But anyway, because he made so much money, he announced to his employees that he's going to give out thirty five million dollars combined in bonuses. And he said the bonus structure will be based largely in part of how much you're of service they've given to the team. So it is about loyalty. It includes everyone in the organization, not just the top brass. I just wanted to know what you think about that, and especially since you've been in organizations that have been good or bad to the people that they employ. Sort of how common is this in the NBA?
Speaker 3: Definitely not a common thing. But you know, speaking on Mark Cuban's behalf he's this, He's shown time and time again. You know, he cares about the people that you know, work for him, work around him, and et cetera, et cetera. Obviously, you want to treat the people that help push your brand, treat the people good that help push your brand. Any boss of any you know situation would want, you know, the people that work for him or anything of that nature to feel comfortable, to feel you know, appreciated, to you know, all of those things to help this company continue to be great. So, uh, you know, kudos to Mark. You shit, I wish I was one of those guys getting a free check from I wouldn't mind that at all. So, you know, that's him doing these type of things makes more people you know, want to work for him or or want to work next to him or for that organization. And it definitely shines a light on you know, just him as a person, how he treats the people around. So I'm sure the players appreciate I'm sure those staff members appreciate it. And you know, like I said, kudos Mark. That's dope. That's a dope thing.
Speaker 1: I remember when he first came in as an owner and he was the first I mean, we don't remember it now because now every team has a crazy locker room and crazy facilities. But he was the first one to make his locker room this like sort of plush luxury dead for the players, put flat screens in their lockers. He did these crazy chairs, you know, all the stuff, and and that was the time, you know, when Dallas was not considered a destination for a lot of free agents. And his big thing was, you know, we want to be the team that treats our employees, our players the best of anyone in the league. And people are going to notice that. And you know, from that, I see a connectivity all the way through what he's done over the championship year and then all throughout the years with going out and getting guys and not being afraid of salary the way some organizations are, and now doing this, I do think it speaks a lot to him. You know, there are rumors he will want to run for president at some time in the next eight years so or maybe governor of Texas at some time. So again, as you say it's good for the pr you know, this definitely makes him look good. But I will say that it's not an empty sort of political gesture that we've seen this kind of stuff from Mark. You know, his biggest off the court project up until now has been this this drug company that he has really worked on over the last few years, which has really worked on bringing affordable drug and pharmacy care to all sorts of people who are getting gouged, especially insulin and other stuff like that. People need to live, and he has brought the price way down for stuff like that. It's been super impressive what he's done for people around him. So I do just want to give him credit for sort of all the things he's done to care about other people. He also, of course cares about making money. There's a lot of reporting about him going into gambling after this opening casinos. So you know, no one's a true no one's a complete philanthropist. But obviously this move makes a big deal, and I think it's really in line with how he's been since he took over the team. So there you go. All right, that's gonna be it for us this week, Bogie, Thank you so much. You can catch us on the DraftKings Network now we're very excited about that. You can catch us on the All the Smoke Productions YouTube channel and go over and watch us there. I can't see Boogie, but you can over there and also anywhere you get your podcast, So listen to us in your car while you're cooking. But just be sure to give us those five star reviews. Rate us review us. We need those to get up in the algorithm because we are a new baby podcast. But we'll get get there. We'll get there a bug. Thank you to everyone out there, Thank you to you DeMarcus Cousins. I'll see you next week.