Speaker 1: You, guys, this is history what you've done. What show you guys should throw a platform that includes.
Speaker 2: Club This Morning, Breakfast Cups, DJ Vy, every playing by record.
Speaker 3: I've made it just hilarious. She'll stand up a god made you think they can controversial questions to play this part? I like thanks Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Telling. I'm telling what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Call of yo.
Speaker 5: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed. Eight hundred and five five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 6: Yoda's Malik from Chicago. Now, I just wanted to like spread some positivity. Man. A few months ago I lost my job but whatnot? And recently I started a new business. I lost a lot of weight, like fifty sixty pounds. Okay, yeah, it ain't going good man.
Speaker 1: Oh I love to hear that, brother, Yeah.
Speaker 7: We definitely.
Speaker 8: I was wondering if I could spend a quick six thing for y'all.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, why do we need that in all lives? Please? Now you should be talking about your new business that you just started.
Speaker 3: What are you about the ramp to do with the business?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's let's hear.
Speaker 3: It all right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my head is hard. I gotta stick and now game, I need a break. I rolled the ape. I feel an ape. I get the Tyler Nlin. I'm hearing pops like I'm Seana Marlin and y'all was backing for my food. Come me broken down while beg your apartment Trump on the carpet. We was eight deep, three better apartment. I told my teacher that I ain't eat. I'm really starving. My uncle told me I should make peace with it. But I'm hearing everybody ain't me and they can't be. I got a new connection. Hold up, I'm getting work done. You ain't talking new reflection. I'm in a broute with my brothers. We had in one direction. I hit her once. I remember she in my recollection. She wanted him, but I got her another inter section. She wanted to know how I'm constantly winning best and I don't make wages.
Speaker 9: They be good.
Speaker 2: They better get what businesses that wait a minute, look stealing apes and all that business.
Speaker 6: I got a content creation business, so I really just making a bunch of contant videos or what artist?
Speaker 1: So it worked out for me.
Speaker 2: What's funny? To me, is it sounds like you passed the phone to somebody regular joke?
Speaker 8: That's me for so I just had to turn my artist.
Speaker 1: You know how I got that? I got your man.
Speaker 9: Keep on keeping on my Instagram real quick.
Speaker 1: You should have did that first.
Speaker 8: My Instagram is underscore Fader. That's Underscore, a D a H like the magazine, but a H.
Speaker 1: So it's not like the magazine. Know what I'm saying, Fader like the magazine just not spelt Fader. Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 10: Breast Colora?
Speaker 1: What's up? Peace?
Speaker 3: What's up about a truck drop?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Brother?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: You on Envy early in the morning, Paul.
Speaker 10: Hey, chill, chill, chill.
Speaker 1: Na.
Speaker 10: Man, Look, I just want to say, man, your boy is fleshed, your boy is tappy'all still alive. You know I got robbed, My house got robbed and destroyed last week. Man, but hey, I'm still alive, still going.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm sorry to hear that black man where is from Broton.
Speaker 10: South Carolina?
Speaker 1: When it was a home invasion?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I wasn't home, so I guess it was just a regular berguley. But the boy destroyed my whole apartment. You know, I was saving up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 10: The boy took my cash at my house, took a few more things.
Speaker 2: But hey, man, at least you're alive, you know what I'm saying. You know, I was just having a conversation with one of the homies this morning, actually, me and Duvall was talking this morning, and I was just like, man, you know, we we've lost all sense of purpose and what's important, and nothing's more important than life. And you know, folks take their own lives and the lives of others for granted every day. So the fact that you, even though went through this hard situation, you know that you can get the material items back, your life can't get that back.
Speaker 1: So I'm glad you here, brother, absolutely, Hey, that's really appreciate that.
Speaker 10: Ah, Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: Man, can I get a book of course? Come on now put your hold that's home team. Did you have the a LARWMO on your house?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 10: I had no alarm, man, and I just got my camera removed, so like I didn't have no camera, no alarm, so damn man, I pretty much got to get it back in uh with this hard work.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: That's horrible, brother. All right, brother, I'm sorry for that.
Speaker 13: Hold on again, and I tell everybody out there, don't get too content. I know a lot of times things get comfortable and you might forget to put your alarm on your house.
Speaker 1: You might forget to check the windows and lock the doors.
Speaker 13: Don't get comfortable because when you get comfortable, you never know what will happen. And I tell that to everybody, myself included. Well, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Telling.
Speaker 14: I'm telling what you doing, Hall of Yo.
Speaker 5: This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed. Eight hundred five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: Hey? Just to Meeka, y'all residence, What's.
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 9: What's going on y'all? I just wanted to give y'all some positive vibes this morning and give a big shout out to one of my bestest friends, Mina. Today is her birthday and I.
Speaker 7: Just want to give her a happy birthday shout out.
Speaker 9: She's all the way in Jersey and I'm over here in California, and I really wish I would have been able to see her this year, but maybe next.
Speaker 15: Happy birthday, yeah, happy birthday.
Speaker 9: Hey, listen, you're gonna like that from you, Jess.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I get to yeah yeah, okay, yes, but you not gay?
Speaker 9: Yes you can't take gay two yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah yeah, I know I know you gay. So that's why I said. She I'm sorry, you know, no, it's all good.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gay. No more like that. Right now, you've been gay before, I've been gave up.
Speaker 9: It looked like Brittany. She do kind of look like Brittany. She got dreads and everything.
Speaker 1: What don't look like?
Speaker 14: That's what's up. It's try and that's right.
Speaker 1: Why did he come up with my man? Though?
Speaker 9: Like she could have been Chris Chad.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you she could have been if she's just had a penis yet to stop.
Speaker 9: This, he does the thing about that penis Charla Magne. Listen, studs, we don't have vibrators. We have strapped scraped one. I would thing don't vibrate. I would think it's just their big, heavy and hard.
Speaker 1: You heard, yeah, I heard. I've been seeing the Wolke studs.
Speaker 2: Now they be taking the crystals that looked like penises and putting them out in the full moon and letting charge.
Speaker 9: No no, no no no no no no staying y'all have a good day. I love it, Thank you, love, I love y'all have.
Speaker 10: A great.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: They be getting the crystals that are shaped like penises, and they put them out in the full moon.
Speaker 1: They let the moon charge and they nag them and just send them on.
Speaker 2: Dude, and then they play Ergoba dude, and thatllo in his mind.
Speaker 3: Hello, Who's this is a sharp? Uh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't have enough talments or nothing. I was just selecting on a get a picture up all three of y'all together.
Speaker 1: How you gonna do that?
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm just thinking, y'all send me one, you know, sucking for them?
Speaker 1: Man, tll you he sounds like you gotta do it. Go on line. There's pictures with all the gogle line. Just google it.
Speaker 15: You sound like biggie though, Okay, just.
Speaker 3: Google That's what I think.
Speaker 13: We appreciate you wanting us in your man cave though, But you know you just google it a picture come up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Ah yes, sir, Thank you SIDS.
Speaker 15: Yes, yes, yes, it is, it is going Thank you confused?
Speaker 1: All right, then let me see make sure. Yeah's pictures of shoot get it off your chest.
Speaker 13: Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This new book Who Better Than You, The Art of Healthy Arrogance and Dreaming Big, is out now, Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Will Packer family. What's going on and how you feel? I'm feeling amazing, you know, I'm up here.
Speaker 16: I'm up here with one of the most incredible platforms in media right now. Interesting time in media, you know, media ebbs and flows. We're in an EBB right now. In the movie business, Charlottagne, you know, yeah, just you know, coming off the strikes, coming off of COVID, like the movie industry never really recalibrated. So there's a lot of folks out there that are hurting right now, a lot of folks that aren't working, a lot of actions out of work, writers, and so as a producer, you know, I'm just trying to keep people high, trying to do what I do and create content. Most people out there, they don't realize because there's so much content out there and so many streaming services. It's like, oh, it's everything out there. I can see whatever I want. But actually the media companies are making a lot less. So it's interesting time in the business man. Who better than You is the name of the book? What makes you decide to write this?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 16: You know, I have been in the movie game for almost thirty years now, and I have dealt with some of the biggest names, some of the most impressive, successful people, some of the most toxic, insecure people. And throughout that process, I have gained a set of skills that I want to share with people about how you can be successful and manifest the more full life. How you can use some of the skills that I've learned that are transferable to any industry to navigate be it. You want to start a new endeavor, you want to overcome a challenge, you want to pivot in your life. And so I'm telling stories I've never told before, stories from dealing with you know, some of my Hollywood folks. But it's really lessons, right, It's lessons about this is how you deal with people, how you position yourself to succeed, and how you have healthy arrogance now to be confused with toxic arrogance. Right, Toxic arrogant walks in a room and says, I'm better than everybody here. I'm gonna win cause you're gonna lose. Right, I'm better than you. Healthy arrogance walks in a room and says, okay, number one, I belong in this room.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 16: The most successful people feel that they don't feel like am I supposed to be here with all these important people. Healthy arrogance feels like I'm supposed to be here. However, I also have something to add to this room. This room is better because I'm in it, and I'm gonna get other people to understand how they and I have a commonality in terms of our goal. If you can get other people to see the value in what you're going after, then you can then get them to row in the same direction as you and work towards your own goal. That's what leadership is. Getting other people to realize that it's not me against you. If I can get you to understand that together we both benefit from working together and accomplishing things that are my goals as well as your goals, your chance for success is increased.
Speaker 1: You know, when I read about you.
Speaker 2: Talk about healthy arrogance, or here your interviews about healthy arrogainst it feels like you're saying you just got it.
Speaker 1: It's like a sense of worthiness. It's value.
Speaker 16: It is It is very much understanding the value to place on yourself. Right, you understand, charlote man, because you talk about mental.
Speaker 1: Health a lot. We all have this drum beat in our head, right.
Speaker 16: It can be a negative drum beat of I'm not ready, I'm not worthy, I don't have the skills, I'm not prepared. More and more you tell yourself that. The louder those voices get. But there's a confidence muscle that you can build that you can grow by telling yourself the exact opposite that I am worthy, right, that I am prepared. But it's really about assigning value. The thing I say to people that understand, from the time you are born and to the time you leave this earth, you are building your brand everything you do, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't make mistakes. Everybody does.
Speaker 16: But every decision you make in everything you do is building your brand, and it is telling people what value to assign to you.
Speaker 1: Whether that's somebody that is looking to invest in you looking to date, you, looking to just hang out with you.
Speaker 16: You are telling them what your value is, and you have to be healthy, arrogant in the way that you force other people to recognize your value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you don't have nobody, does that mean you know worth nothing? Well, you know, I'm not gonna say that.
Speaker 16: You mean like a relationship, Well, that just means that you have to be sure that you're surrounding yourself with people that understand your value. It might mean that you're worth more than people want to give you credit for talking about. It might mean you're single because other people don't recognize your value and you're not willing to compromise for it.
Speaker 15: You had something to say, Charlama.
Speaker 17: What dog won't they.
Speaker 15: Coming this way?
Speaker 1: The sasiness caught me off?
Speaker 3: God, is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Are you with your hair back? I was asking you a question because I like what you're talking about.
Speaker 16: Okay, all right, well yes, absolutely so if some you know, somebody happens to be an amazing, beautiful single sister, I don't know you know the relationship status of everybody here, but let's just say present company.
Speaker 1: Well, because she said you had a sassy next.
Speaker 9: So she is.
Speaker 1: She is immediately the most entertated person.
Speaker 18: I want to ask you about imposter syndrome and when you when did that like, when did you get past that?
Speaker 15: Where did you deal with that at all? Yourself?
Speaker 16: Absolutely deal with everybody deals with everybody, uh gets to a point where they feel like.
Speaker 1: Yo, do I belong right?
Speaker 16: Do I deserve to be in the most important spaces?
Speaker 1: And I've been very, very fortunate to be in some.
Speaker 16: Incredible rooms with some people that are, you know, some of the most powerful people from.
Speaker 1: Around the world.
Speaker 16: As I said, what I realize is that when I'm walk in those rooms, I cannot question if I'm supposed to be there. I need to realize what is it that I have that nobody else in this room has?
Speaker 1: And how can I double down on that? Right?
Speaker 16: So, black man, African American, Film, American, Hollywood, not a lot of folks at my level in the rooms that I'm in.
Speaker 1: Oftentimes it's all white people in those rooms.
Speaker 16: What I choose to do instead of saying, Okay, I'm the only black person in this room. I know they're racist, I know they looking at me a certain way. I know they have a negative perception. I'm walking in the room, and I'm thinking, Okay, you know what, I'm bringing something that nobody else can bring. When I talk about my perspective, when I talk about my audience, when I talk about my community, nobody else can debate me on that.
Speaker 1: I'm the only one with that.
Speaker 16: Lived experience, whatever it is in the rooms and the circles that you're in, what's the unique thing that you have? And then you triple down on that that will help with that imposter syndrome. The other thing is that you have to understand, like you don't have to be somebody that's just born with like an overabundance of confidence.
Speaker 3: It's something that you can.
Speaker 16: Build, but you do have to build it by putting a success with a success with a success, right Like just like hey ballum deg said, check with a check, with a check.
Speaker 1: You got to build the successes.
Speaker 16: And sometimes to do that you got to come back and not say, Okay, my first success has to be so big, right, just accomplish something. I call it fabricating moment. I believe that sometimes we get stuck on the first wrung, the very first thing I'm trying to get started. I don't have any money, I don't know. People don't have a network. That's okay, right, They'll make the first thing you're trying to do to climb the mountain. Right, that's a lot, that's a momentous task. Make the first thing by the shoes hiking boost, then buy a rope, then drive by the mountain and look at it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you've done three things right, Get started.
Speaker 16: Do something that helps to build that confidence we all need that. We're still kicking it with Will Packer's new book, Who Better Than You, The Art of Healthy Arrogance and Dreaming Big, is out now.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne, I want to get to the ARTI the pivot, but first I want to ask you about the chapter that says, stay in your lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just make it wide. Lean into your thing? Yes?
Speaker 2: How does one avoid being type casted by leaning into their thing? And when do you.
Speaker 1: Know the pivot?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know it.
Speaker 16: The whole point of that chapter is about when you have something that you do really really well, because many times people are afraid of being locked into something that people will think that's all I can do, right, But if you do that thing, and you do it really really well, do not stop. Okay, don't stop the most successful people have a thing that they do and they do it well. Then they use the ability to be successful in a lane to go out and do something else. I'm only able to write this book with a major publisher because I've been very successful in a particular medium. Right now, I'm able to go and do other things. So don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I can do so much other stuff.
Speaker 3: What's the thing you do really well?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 16: Triple down on that. Be the best person in that particular field. And by the way, find your passion within that. Right too many times people are telling me, well, I'm not passionate about something. I gotta wait to find my passion and before I go out and work really hard. And I'm telling you, you're building your brand from day one. Work hard today. I didn't have a passion to be a filmmaker, I will admit that, but I did not. That was not my dream growing up. But I found that I was really good at knowing how to hire actors and raise money and self distribute. And then I found the passion in storytelling later. So I found the thing I was really really good at, and then I found my passion within it. I encourage people to do that. Don't worry about being typecast. Stay in your lane.
Speaker 1: But you can make it.
Speaker 16: Why, I'm not trying to pigeonhole you, and I'm not trying to limit what you can do, but stay in your lane.
Speaker 1: Too often we are trying to do too much, and.
Speaker 16: Now you can't be the person that's doing everything the best.
Speaker 1: That is just not how humans work. What's the thing you do well? Triple down on that.
Speaker 2: So once you've leaned into your thing and you find that thing, there's never a pivot from that thing.
Speaker 16: It can be a pivot where you use that thing. You use your ability, you use your brand, you use the fact that you have got credibility in a particular space, you have done the exact same thing. You use the fact that you have credibility in one lane in order to then expand your lane. Right, But it should still all be about this is the thing that I do. That's why I say stay in your lane, but make your lane.
Speaker 18: Why is there ever a time where like you're because I mean, I'm looking. I remember when you told the story about Kevin and with the last time you guys were here. Yeah, and now I'm seeing in context of this book of like who better than you? And I feel like in that moment he had the arrogance to be like, I can do both of these. I'm going to be fine and it's all going to work out. But things like that can kind of get pretty tricky because what if it hadn't have worked out? Is there ever a moment where you have to tell somebody who's coming to you for this type of who better than you?
Speaker 15: Advice?
Speaker 18: Like, maybe this is not it for you right now, maybe there's someone better than you right now, but that doesn't mean later you.
Speaker 15: Might not be able to have that who better than you?
Speaker 1: Eric, you have to be honest with yourself number one.
Speaker 16: Right, we live in a world where people think either they are too great or they are too awful. Rodger Kipling has a poem called if, and my favorite stanza in that poem is if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two impostors just the same. That is saying that both triumph and disaster are impostors, neither of them are real.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 16: Too many times, because we post some on social media, everybody tell you, oh my god, you're the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 3: Is so good?
Speaker 1: Or the opposite. They just hate. No, you're telling you how awful you are.
Speaker 16: Neither of that is true. You gotta stay even killed. So the first thing you gotta do is be honest about you and your skill set. It's the only way you're gonna get better. Don't worry about external factors. You got to have a very honest conversation. One of the things I talk about in the book is how we have to make sure I'm a daily affirmation type of person. You're there encouraging yourself right, giving yourself positivity, telling yourself how you're ready, how you prepared, what you can do, but also being very very honest with yourself. I don't care what you tell the world. A lot of yourself, a lot of your mom, a lot of your cousin, lot of your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, and wife. Do not lie to yourself. Be very very clear about what it is that you do.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know, I want to talk you about the Packer family model too.
Speaker 1: If you want to have what others, won't you have to do with others don't? Yeah? Well, yeah, so you got your mom with you again her, I got moms, I got you know what.
Speaker 16: It's something that mom instilled in me, you know, when I was growing up and Dad they took me like you know, like simbing the lion king and lifting me up and said, you know, whatever the son touches is your son. Like I encourage my folks with kids, do that. Tell your kids because that's when they're the most impressiable. Tell them they can do anything. They told me that, and so I was very audacious growing up with my family. It's me, my wife. We have four children, So that's the six pack. If you want to have what others don't, you have to be willing to do what others won't.
Speaker 1: Period. That is the mantra.
Speaker 16: The mantra is that understand whatever it is that you want to do, if anybody else can do it, then it's not special. You're not gonna get it right. You're not gonna get something that's unique. You gotta be willing to do what others are not to get that thing. And I believe that the more you do hard things, the better.
Speaker 1: You become at hard things.
Speaker 16: The more hard things you do, the easier hard things become. So don't run from doing hard things. Don't run from doing the things that everybody else says it's crazy. That's the only way you gonna get strength and to build that muscle. It's by doing those hard things. Why I say dream big because your dream has got to be so big, because there's gonna be challenges along the way. It's gotta be so big that it pushes you past those challenges inevitably. Because if the dream is just a mediocre dream, like man, it'd be kind of cool to do that. Then when you run into a speed bump that's really hard, you're gonna say, you know what, it ain't worth it.
Speaker 1: I'm cool, right, But if the dream is so big, right, I mean.
Speaker 16: So big for color for h four khd, like super crazy, beyond your wireless dreams big, then when you do hit that hard moment, those challenges, you know it's worth it to keep going and keep fighting because the dream is big enough.
Speaker 1: Is Will Packer allowed to turn his own book into a movie? Yeah? Limited? Seriously?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, I mean it, Will Packer. You know what I think about doing it? I could do that.
Speaker 15: I saw Heather in the background.
Speaker 1: Is that you know what head to say? In the background.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 18: I just saw something I was given a lean like maybe no, don't do it right now or something.
Speaker 16: You know what, I've made this book not to turn into a movie or a TV show. You never say never, because you know one of my biggest movies is Think Like a Man. Steve Harvey will tell you he never thought of that as a movie.
Speaker 1: Never. He never wrote it for that.
Speaker 16: I wrote this to give the master mentorship that I didn't have. I have people coming to me a lot and saying, tell me about your success story, tell me about your failures, tell me about what you had to overcome. And so when I tell these stories, right and I talk about you know, Beyonce turning me down five times, or I Yourselba, you know, almost not walking the carpet at the first Emmy's and how you get past that? Like, when I tell these stories, I'm doing that so that other people can benefit from them.
Speaker 1: So I could turn into a movie. That's not what I made it for.
Speaker 16: I literally made this book so that I could influence other folks who are either on their way up, thinking about making.
Speaker 1: A pivot or living a life that they know could.
Speaker 3: Be a little more fulfilling.
Speaker 1: Well, we appreciate you for joining us. Will pack a new book.
Speaker 2: Who better than you to all the healthy arrogance and dreaming big out right now. Always a pleasure to see you go out there and biden book making the New York Times bestseller.
Speaker 1: Miss you found.
Speaker 16: I appreciate you, man, Thank you, thank you all for having me, Charlotte Mann, and thank you because you are somebody that you know.
Speaker 1: And I told you this.
Speaker 16: We saw each other at the Democrat National Convention, and I told you I had written my first book, and I was inspired by your books and by reading your books and just seeing that process and the grind that you put in. So you never know who's watching and who you're inspiring. So no, thank you, my brother, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: It's Will Packer, It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Good morning, MV. Jesse hilarious charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, who open up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one five one. Sean Kingston and his mom, Janie she sixty two, was found guilty or on all charges in their luxury fraud scheme trial. All right, now she faces twenty years in prison. That's the maximum for federal wild fraud cases. Now we're asking eight hundred five eighty five one oh five to one. If your child or parent got jammed up, would you take the charge for them? All right now, Jess said, look, her mom lived a good life already. Mom gotta sit down for a little bit. I'm taking the charge of for mom. I ain't gonna let mom sit mom. My mom is seventy, but I ain't gonna let mom spend twenty years in jail, so she's gonna get out of eighty two.
Speaker 2: Man, shut up, I'm not mom lying lying. First of all, you got young ass kids. If your seventy year old mom did something that actually caused her to go to jail, if she actually committed a crime, you are not about to go to jail and leave your little young kids out here for your mom.
Speaker 1: That don't even make no sense. Your mom should have been doing what she was doing. Well, they did it together.
Speaker 13: But if he had the opportunity, if we did it together and I had the opportunity, I'm not letting my mom die in jail, because that's really what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, how about how about you should have said, hey, mom, maybe we shouldn't be doing these crimes because guess what if we get locked up, You're gonna go to jail for a long time and end up dying in jail.
Speaker 1: Where was the Where was the empathy then to say stop still?
Speaker 15: I see?
Speaker 14: I mean I'm still making it a Tasha taking that all that for all the charges for Tarik.
Speaker 3: I really feel like.
Speaker 1: That was a TV show, Jess, that wasn't real. Noah, I agree with Jess. Eric little ash and went to jail man.
Speaker 2: And and if you Sean Kingston and his mom, y'all was out here doing dirt together.
Speaker 1: Mom should have known better.
Speaker 2: Mom was out here setting a bad example. Parents are supposed to lead by example. You out here doing dirt with your son. Yeah, y'all both going to jail.
Speaker 1: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: What's up? Now? Would you take the charge for your mom or your son?
Speaker 4: I'm taking the trust with my son.
Speaker 1: What about your mom? My? Mom?
Speaker 4: I don't know about my mom. It's the same, the same, like the same scenario. You should have been able to come, She'd have been able to tell me not to do what I'm doing. So why should I pay the trust for her?
Speaker 1: So? Why would you take the charge for your son?
Speaker 2: If your son out here is selling dope or killing people, and then they get.
Speaker 1: Arrested and go to jail, you're gonna go take the charger.
Speaker 4: No, not in that sense, in the sense with like what like Sean Kingston would happened with Sean Kinky and his mom. Yeah, I'm gonna take trust with my son because as an adult, while we were both doing the crime, I should have been an adult to tell him not to do it.
Speaker 15: But why can't we split the time.
Speaker 1: We both need to learn.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, like, all right, if we split the time, some some somebody's getting wasted, it's time somebody's time getting wasted. Okay, we both did the crime, but he could go on and still with his life. I'll be in a jail and do whatever time I need to do out. When I get out, I'll be still old again.
Speaker 1: Still I don't know, But let me ask you this.
Speaker 14: You go, you do the time, right, And what if he go out and he's still scamming because he's free now he locked up for something else and you already serving time for something that yall did together.
Speaker 9: Damn, but we did it together.
Speaker 4: We did it together.
Speaker 2: Time soothed your time on the Huh. That's what's happening in this situation. Sean King's didn't gonna end up getting his time and the mom gonna end up getting her time because they were committing crimes together.
Speaker 13: Well, we have somebody on the line that's actually happening to them now we have and and good.
Speaker 1: Morning, good morning now, and what happened with your mom?
Speaker 11: My mom murdered my grandmother?
Speaker 13: So yes, now I'm not sitting for that one. Mom gott to go a whole that one.
Speaker 1: No, no vy, no time, your mom, no no v.
Speaker 11: Brother, it's definitely riding with her. He is not saying a word. They both been in jail since two thousand.
Speaker 9: Why did you been going on for a while?
Speaker 1: Why did she do it? Allegedly, if you don't mind.
Speaker 11: Originally started because she was addicted to prescription bills, and then my grandmother was over it and she was getting her put out the house, and I guess my mom was like, like that was too far for her, And so a week before the actual eviction court, she was murdered in her home.
Speaker 1: And how did your brother get into it?
Speaker 11: Because he looked at the house, there was no one at the house besides them and my children. But my children are the ones that had to wake up to the murder.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: And so your brother is saying that he's the one who did it because he don't want the mom to go to prison.
Speaker 11: In a sense, he's actually given convicting stories.
Speaker 8: He's like, she didn't do it, I didn't do it.
Speaker 11: I don't know who did it. I was sleeping, Like they're spinning around it. And the trial is set for the twenty first of April, so hopefully whenever we get there, Jessice will be served. But right now they're kind of going back and forth, playing like a cat and mouse game.
Speaker 2: So question, how are you sure? How are you so sure that your mom is the one who did it.
Speaker 11: She's the only one that had any grudge or hatred towards my grandmother, and my grandmother's a very, very loving woman, and she was the only when I was getting evicted out of the house because of just prescriptions and of a drug abusive that's why I was there or and my grandmother to make sure she was okay.
Speaker 13: But it got to be proof though, Like even though your mom might have hated your grandma, if there's no ballistics on your mom's head, like you know what I mean, And.
Speaker 11: That's exactly why we're going to trial on the twenty first, But that way all the ballistic reports, all of the reports can come out, everyone's testimonies, all the evidence, all the adult protective orders, everything that is going to come out to show how my grandmother looks afraid of the woman and she took her life even though she gave her life.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you one question, and if it's too personal, you don't have to answer, because I'm just I'm just wondering from a from a trauma aspect, and as a member of the family, like that's your mom and your your brother, what do you feel towards them?
Speaker 1: You hate them or you like? What is it?
Speaker 11: I don't say I hate them because I feel like that will put too much weight on my life. I've accepted the choices that they made for their and I'll just move gone independently with my children, just to give myself some grace because a while I was trying to figure out why, and there would never be a why. So I've just been really going to therapy, keep my kids in therapy, just making sure like we're vocal about our feelings because I don't want it to become rage. And then we become unhappy people for the rest of our lives because of their choices.
Speaker 1: Sending you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but yeah, So I just it was interesting because I'm going my son off at school and I can I hear that topic and I can see that it was triggering for him, like would you do the time of your mom? And he's looking at me like, mom, like what the hell?
Speaker 9: I'm like, I'm no baby, Like.
Speaker 11: Everyone has their own opinions, like that's fine. But it was just interesting because people will do the time for their parents, regardless of how much time and no matter how long of the crime.
Speaker 1: Wow, damn definitely for sharing your story. And I'm so sorry your whole family.
Speaker 11: Yes, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Lord have mercy.
Speaker 7: Hello. Who's this Hello, Hollywood, Florida.
Speaker 9: What's up?
Speaker 1: Brother? So if you if your mom got jammed up, you're gonna do the time for.
Speaker 7: I mean, it depends on the situation. Who got more emotion, if she's sitting down.
Speaker 2: And anyway, you know what I'm saying, said, we got more emotion out here.
Speaker 1: Mom ain't got no motion, you know what I'm saying. She gotta go through that time.
Speaker 10: We're gonna make her ice school.
Speaker 7: We're gonna take care of her. We're gonna make sure her commissary is full. You know, she got her soap and her shampoos and all that good stuff. You know she's gonna be all right.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm grown.
Speaker 7: I gotta raise my kids. You know what I'm saying. I know I know she she'll do it. She'll do it for me too. You know she love her baby.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Damn it, man, we acting like both of these people aren't adults, like these are adults making adult.
Speaker 1: Choices, So you gotta deal with the consequences of your choices. All right, Well is there a moral? But that was the moral.
Speaker 14: I don't really think it's a direct moral. Like I like the gentleman who just called up. He said it depends on who got.
Speaker 15: The most motion.
Speaker 1: Man. I like the emotional conversation.
Speaker 15: I'm with that.
Speaker 2: I like that I got more followers than you my Instagram. You gotta take your ass to Jay. Ain't nobody checking for you nowhere?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Jesus?
Speaker 13: All right, Well, we got the latest with Laurie coming up, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast club owning.
Speaker 13: Everybody is d J M g JA hilarious, Charlamaga God we are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Longs is here as well, and we got a special guest in the building, a.
Speaker 2: Guy the legendary Welcome.
Speaker 1: Here in a minute, I'm over there, okay.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I was like, THEYDMB replaced me right there, right way. That's what's going on.
Speaker 13: Man, I gotta ask you a question before we start the interview. Right, my daughters have dance and uh, this weekend I had to drive three albums. So when they sleep and everybody sleeping in the back, that's when I listened to my music.
Speaker 1: So I turned on on the Firm album.
Speaker 13: Right and record on the Firm and then your record comes on. I'm leaving man right, and I'm like, how the hell did Nori get a record on the Firm album by himself? Make it make sense? I was like, I never asked nor that. Well, a lot of people don't know.
Speaker 2: Naves was on Ward Report, the first album and he was on a record called music Make this Dogs Calm down.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, Uh, we we can't clear it. You know what I'm saying. You know, we didn't have money back then. You know what I'm saying album, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So so now I's wanted to pay me back. And you know, I was in that like a little purgatory like and hip hop at the time, and uh uh Now I was like, Yo, I want to put you on the firm album. This was before like they kind of even announced it. So he was like, Yo, I'm going to Miami. Me I meet you in my meet us in Miami and whatever Instagram was back then.
Speaker 1: In Miami, and I was like oh.
Speaker 2: And then a month later he uh called me and I was like, Yo, meet me in l A. And we went to l A and I recorded I'm Leaving. I'm Leaving was originally on Copona Noriega's War Report album and try to shut it down.
Speaker 1: Tras was like that that's whack is.
Speaker 2: That was a single, I'm leaving, That's my man, That's my man. But he thought it was whack and so we never used it. And when I got to the studio, I believe Dre.
Speaker 1: Doctor Dre was the engineer, and he was like, you got something.
Speaker 2: And that's why to this day, I always you know, show Nature love is because that was Nature's session. That wasn't my session when I recorded I'm leaving, so I went in and Doctor Dre was like. I said that to Doctor Dre recently and he was like, you got something because he called me rag.
Speaker 1: Doc.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like I'm coming up from Left Frack City, I'm in LA, so I'm like, yo, I didn't correct them. So that's why if you notice I started the verse off, know this, know that you can remember my name? Yeah, you gonna remember my name, right and he laughed at that recently interviewed him in Vegas.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's how that happened.
Speaker 2: So like NAS and that record and Big Pun record really set off my solo career. You know, I used to rhyme in mv's basement, you know what I'm saying. But I still wasn't a solo artist. I was a componing Noriega, you know, even though I was going there solo.
Speaker 1: But that's what set off my career. So why wasn't it a single? Because that is it was one of the.
Speaker 2: Hating man come on course, no, not just playing, you know what, It's crazy Like me and I spoke about this recently. That was one of the hottest street records. There was like, and I just, I just I wasn't smart enough to like go out there and do my own video. I wasn't, but I did, you know, I did take the accolades, the accolades that came with it. It changed my life, you know what I'm saying, Like being on a firm project that was Na's five see Azy at a cor Mega or Nature, whichever one you want to pick at the time, but that was the hottest group in the world. For me to have a record on that album, it set off my whole career.
Speaker 13: I got one more questions. I guess I was riding a lot of questions. So then I turned it off, and then I turned on your first album right now I'm rocking, and band from TV comes on right yes, and I'm like, the original version had Cormega on it. Nah, it never had a Mega, So why.
Speaker 1: Was Cormega not on it? In Nature on it? Because at the first Omegas was with well, me and Mega.
Speaker 2: Me and Mega has always been cool, and Me and Mega are still cool to this day. But what happened was, like I told you, I invaded Nature session because this is back then, you know, I know you guys probably do the coupon deals now, like with the flights. But back in the days, I flew out on a Tuesday. I had to be there on a Friday, but Tuesday was cheaper. Day was cheaper, and I flew out that Tuesday, and I had recorded that Wednesday, but that was Nature session. So I wanted to repay him back, so I told him to come to Electric Lady, and Nature took about ten hours picking beats. He was like very very very very particular, and he was he was actually getting on my nerves. Sorry Nature, but he was actually getting my nerves. And then Swiss changed the beat to one beat, and Nature just he wrote the whole rhyme right there and there, and I felt like it was my payback. And then Pun came and you know, you know that Joe says he's a glizzy King, Paul Pun was a glizzy I don't even know. They got to say hot dog.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we're gonna say Gliffy hot dog.
Speaker 2: So he went to Graves for PAIEC. Because I don't know if you have a remember Electric Lady. It was the studio Jimmy Hendrick studio, and he got a cat in there, so Big Pun saw my car. You know, I was the only one with the gs you know, for for thirty you know, brand new, you know I had two of them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Come on, envy notes that queens get the money for for you.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, Pun see my car out and then he was like, yo, you you had an electric lady. And he went in and he just laid the verse. I never asked Pun to get on the record. I actually told the engineer to erace it in front of Punt's face.
Speaker 1: I was like, was my friend and he just jumped on my.
Speaker 2: Record And I was just like like, you're not supposed to do that.
Speaker 1: He's supposed to ask permission.
Speaker 11: And then.
Speaker 2: Then Cam called me, and Cam happened to be in the city and Cam came so that all all banned from TV happened in real life. This is not like, this is not sending the record. You know, if you could pay attention to how people make music now they send the records. So you don't feel I don't get to smell your izzy, Miaki, I don't get this to see what watch you got on. I don't get to feel the feeling that you was in when I'm making my uphoria to collab with that. That's why our records were better in the nineties. We had to be in the studio with Buster Rohms, you had to be in the studio with Bad Joe, you had to be in the studio with Jada Kiss. So that's how Badroom TV happened. It happened in real time only people that we didn't get that day, the Locks. And I remember my first time meeting Styles p and Jada Kiss. I hated styles pe Wow. He took my weed and didn't share it with me.
Speaker 1: He asked me for weed.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: It was naturally back then. Pop up fast. By the way, I'll give Styles people keys to my house right now, so just you know. But that's how he was back in the days. He was just very like aggressive, ignorant and negative. His word just vegan. This saved his life. I can see the different like I can see that like the person. But that session was legendary too, like you know what I mean, me and them and uh, it was never supposed to be a post I didn't know what it was supposed to be. To tell you the truth, it was really meant to show nature love you know what I'm saying because nature had just did that for me and I wanted to do that. And at the time, I know this sounds funny right now, but no one knew who the guy who.
Speaker 1: Made the beat. He was called D's nephew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know who he is now big Like I was the first one to work with Swiss beats outside of rough Riders.
Speaker 1: This is this is facts. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You could look at you can look at when when I when I I spoke to l L the other day, l L said to me that I brung him for real and he just couldn't get it.
Speaker 1: Like I brung I had the foresight to see.
Speaker 2: Like when I did podcast, people were like, Yo, this guy must be broke.
Speaker 1: Now everybody got a podcast. Now hold on now.
Speaker 2: Because Memphis Bleak said he was the first person out of d m X in jas Lewis say that on the.
Speaker 3: New episode this week.
Speaker 1: He can say whatever he wants, but.
Speaker 2: I heard him say that he was the first girl to work with swits outside of d m X and jay Z.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: I mean, God blessed God blessed Bleak, But monsus facts my brother, that's my brother, that's my bro. I mean this is documented. Bathroom TV is documented. Is the first hit outside of Rough Riders. I'm now he might have he might have did work with him, but I'm not sure if it's a certified hit.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Bathroom TV is a certified Like I know.
Speaker 2: People who who who I grilled me in the club when band from TV's on, they don't even know it's me. Bak Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yah yah. That's the same time though, that's the same time. I give it to bleek Or and big up to Bleak. We we know it's on that album too. Yeah, I got that. I got a lot of flas, I got a lot of flax. Yes, yes, Bleak, we got Bleak. We got drinking Champs Network through Black Effect, I heart doped thing. We got Angela Simmons. Also, we're just wrapping hers up. We got run Chaps, uh something. I'm very passionate about everybody this here. They might look like hudims, they're not, you know what I mean. These are people that I run with. We are passionate. They wake up in the morning with me, four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I've seen DJ Collin and like, and you know, I see how happy he was playing golf.
Speaker 1: Colin came up to me and said, you.
Speaker 2: Know, your inspiration to me, And I was just like, how could I be an aspiration to you?
Speaker 1: Sorry, that's why, Yeah, that's why you don't give me live. That's why. That's the reason why. Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 2: So and I realized, you know, I wanted I needed a hobby. Like you know what I'm saying, Like, I've actually and this is my hobby now. Like so I go places. I've been to Hawaii to run, I've been to Puerto Rico to run. I've been I've gone all over the place and I'm now I'm officially joining the NYC Marathon. Yes, yes, so that's what twenty six point twenty six point two miles. I don't like the five k's, the six k's, the ten k. We are not in dudes, Udorf, We're in America. We're gonna turn to this Milesay, okay, So with twenty six point two miles, Yes, I am I scared to death.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're still kicking it with n O R E. Lauren.
Speaker 18: How do you I always wondered this when I watch you episodes how do you drink the full episode, all these episodes back to back, and then you do things like you running and all that too.
Speaker 2: You still drink, of course I do. Yeah, I'm rinking. Say we just water right now. But what you said, the question is how do I do it? I believe it's all mental. I believe like all this and right now, like I'm more conscious, like you know, my my, A person that I look up to is Riza and Rizza. You know he drink saki, right he drinks a certain type of sake that that gets you up. So that's where I switched to. I switched to saki. It gives you no hangover and wake up in the morning. And I could go out because right now it's like, you know, I've lived this life where you know, it's a different type of lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I fell in love with this.
Speaker 2: I fell in love with something that don't pay me, you know what I'm saying, And like, you know, everything in life is about money, and then when you find that one thing, so uh, the New York City Marathon is probably my biggest uh gold that I'm ever like you and and and nothing could make me better but me. You know, I can never remember a time. You don't be running like that's your thing, Like for.
Speaker 1: Long time up in the morning and he jogging.
Speaker 15: Are you supposed to videos on your Instagram?
Speaker 1: I'm listening to y'all.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, like he text us at the puff caase like I.
Speaker 3: Ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 15: I'm supposed to be on my way.
Speaker 1: What did I tell you?
Speaker 2: I said, I can help my information from you. Like everything I know about the Puffcakes, I get it from you.
Speaker 18: So everything I know about a lot of the hip hop stories, I get it from you.
Speaker 1: All these things you backrapping? Nor sent me a record the other day. Yes, I don't listened to you. I was like, and was the first thing he saidlot, send your record. I said, you're back rapping. You know what? I'm rapping on my time? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: One of the one of the one of the worst feelings I ever got, I ever did, was, you know, getting a whole bunch of money from Melvin Flint the Hustler album and then having to make it after you know, Pun passed away and my father passed away. My mind wasn't dead, but I got all this money, right, so I had to like deliver, so I always regretted that. So there's people who love the Melvin Flint Apple album that people like. Every day I'm going through the airport and somebody's.
Speaker 1: Like, why would you say that about Melvin Flick.
Speaker 2: And you know, whatever I want now, I want to make music on my time. Like I got to see me the other day, not in person, but on the internet, and he was like, I finally own one hundred percent of of my catalog and a lot of people don't understand, like he was crying out like he was. He was he was venting, and I now own one hundred percent of everything I do. You know what I'm saying. But at certain points, like like so I want to I know this is gonna sound crazy, especially you had Dame Dash up here speaking the opposite, But sometimes I want to work for somebody.
Speaker 1: Being a boss is hard, bro, But it ain't nothing wrong with that. That's what we were saying.
Speaker 13: You could have multiple jobs and multiple things.
Speaker 1: I love employees, I love working for love and hip hop.
Speaker 2: I just didn't give them the throwing a candle and you know, you know, throwing drinks in the figure. I ain't giving no drama. So they ain't we hired me. But I love that. If I don't show up for work, then sometimes work don't happen. Right, You know what I'm saying. I don't like being the picture adding the catcher.
Speaker 1: The album was it just release singles when you want. I'm gonna pay attention to the algorithms.
Speaker 2: You understand I'm saying, like right now, we like right now, I can I could an artists could come to drink Champs.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I suppose lu Wayne came to drink Champs. I could actually see his algorithms and I could tell him where he could go on tour.
Speaker 2: I could be like, stop going to Milwaukee, Bro, you got two fans in Milwaukee, why are you even there? Go to Seattle, Go to Utah, go to Phoenix. Like I can look at the algorithms. I can see exactly like this. This is the time where we should take advantage of having this information. You know what I'm saying. Now we know now, remember remember back in the days used to go on tour. I'm sorry it sound like the old guy, but you know when back in the days you go on tour, you used to go to Delaware. When when your fans are in Philly, Big up to Delaware. You know what I'm saying, Big up to Delaware, but actually.
Speaker 1: Used to go to Delaware. Okay, okay, it is, but that was my preference.
Speaker 15: Yes, that's my.
Speaker 1: That was my preference. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But sometimes during the algorithms, just say, okay, yeah, you know what, after Delaware you gotta go to Baltimore, skip Virginia or or.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But right now you can actually see the algorithms. And I think this is the cheat code. I think it's the cheat cold for everybody because I did it for artists recent leading and I was just like, yo, I don't think you should go here here here, you don't have you don't have no movement there. And I think that I think that artists would take advantage of that. I think a few years ago you had to hit record that joint with Pharrell.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I just, I just, I just I'm going to see Pharrell in Paris.
Speaker 2: I don't even know, like, I don't even know what me and me and Farre have nothing in common but music, and that sounds how dope music is, right, Just think about it like you like if I.
Speaker 1: Think of all Pharrell rap friends.
Speaker 2: Though to me, they don't have nothing in common like the outside of Virginia. No, they got common. They dressed, they they wear bell bottoms together. You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, they you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, they they they they come out to me. Me and Fharrell have a beautiful like when we get together, we talk straight music and I love that. At first I thought it was awkward, but the elder I get, I was like, Yo, you know what that is?
Speaker 9: That is?
Speaker 1: That is dope.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like that's dope, and like I don't get none of this Louis guitar for free Man, Like you know what I'm saying, Like I'm I'm trying to work my angle. I want to meet Bernard although you know what I'm saying, I want to do that, but I'm gonna go out there. I'm going to in Paris. Uh. He got a whole different sound. And when he makes a different sound, I usually go out there and I'm a part of that new wave of.
Speaker 15: Sounds record and did some more music.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like Paris anyway, I like Long Shade. Let's like the man man fancy way of saying manhattanough Paris.
Speaker 1: We're still kicking it with N O R E. Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: Let's do a Q and A like you do on Dreams. Let's go I'm in quick time right now to Jim Jones. Let me tell you something, and I'm gonna say this accurately. I see where Jim Jones is coming from, like I can see him because if you're looking at the algorithms, now, I can see where he's coming from. But you can't take the legendary status that what ill Matic has done just Illmatic, Illmatic itself has birthed mob Deep, has birthed Component Noriega, has birthed so many other people like just that album, and you can't. And that time was the tougher time for you to be noticed. So that's the reason why. But I understand where Jim is coming from. I understand his stass. Do you understand that that the kids know him?
Speaker 1: Now, I say, I'm gonna tell you them. I looked up there. I looked it up, like I did.
Speaker 2: I looked it up to see like who gets searched more in two ty twenty five, it's still nots. I give you the numbers right now, and this is based off Google. Hold on, I was just looking at this the other day and it's still NAS by long shot. It's hard to beat NAS. Okay, Streaming wise, NAS has about nine point one million monthly Spotify listeners, while Jim Jones clocks in around eight hundred and seventy five thousand gym music.
Speaker 1: But don't for the Google search. This is the Google based searches.
Speaker 2: NAS gets between two hundred and three hundred thousand searches a month globally.
Speaker 1: Jim Jones gets forty to seventy thousand searches.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you, all right, we all know that that NAHS wins. But listen the fact that we're even having this conversation, that's a win for Jim Jones.
Speaker 1: And that's what I was saying. That's a win Jake knows. Like, let me just tell you something.
Speaker 2: I'm a Floyd Mayweather fan, right, I'm talking about I think he's better than Muhammad Ali. Right, this is me, Right, I get argued people, but whenever Floyd fights somebody that night, they're on the same level as Floyd. So that's the reason why I hate when Floyd taking these exhibition fights because.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting there as a fan.
Speaker 2: I don't want Jake Paul to touch my favorite fighter, like I don't want I don't want him to have a lucky shot.
Speaker 1: But you do know, and Floyd Maywell, how do you turn down thirty forty million? Yeah, exhibition to turn down.
Speaker 2: Thirty forty million, But I know the turn But so my point of trying to say is by us even comparing it, that's a that's a win for Jim Jones. Like I seen Jim Jones in the beginning, Like I got footage of Jim Jones and Cameron. I was filming a pre to drink Champs. I have a documentary called What What. I still have all the footage, and Jim Jones was out.
Speaker 1: It's on the internet. You could google this. It's called what Trailer And Jim Jones is out and Cam.
Speaker 2: And you're sitting there and Kim Jones like, I don't I don't even spend money on weed, you know what I mean? I buy five Nichols with a twenty dollars And you look at that person, to the person that he is, now this man won man just one and I'm talking about you got to take him serious, like he was a hype man, a hype man person that was back in to where he is now. I think that's an accomplishment. I think that's what we should we should be celebrating. I hate in our culture that we have to compare like me personally, I don't do that on Quick Time with Slime no more. But I was forced to take out uh, Nicki Minaj and Cardi B because people I'm talking about the fans were complaining not their camps. Their camps were too, but the fans were like, yo, it's it's looks like both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and truth, I like both of them, Like I am a Kendrick Lamar. If you like both of them, you can have a preference. Yeah, right now you feel like if you play Kendrick Lamar, you gotta throw away your Drake CD. That's messed up.
Speaker 2: I've never been a Drake Like, even though y'all got a funny relationship, you should be too, right, Like.
Speaker 1: When I'm in the club, I listen to Drake, but if I'm in the car, I could listen to Kendrick. That doesn't mean I listen to Drake in the car. And I like Kendrick in the club. But you can listen to whatever you want, but you can still like both of them. I like both of them, like I don't like you got.
Speaker 2: Purposes And if I give you two people, it's somebody you probably like more. Yes, of course, of course, But but I do like both like you know what I'm saying, Like, yes, I like I like pistachio more than I like vanilla exactly.
Speaker 1: But guess what if you.
Speaker 2: Give me up another ice cream and nobody looking, I'm gonna hate that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna get playing. But let me ask you the quick slide. Let's go diddy guilty and not guilty. Damn. You know what, I'm gonna leave that in the You know what I mean. I could take you this.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you from my experience, right, you know, you know me and you know each other twenty twenty seven years. There's people who can say, man, I don't I don't Envy, right. I can't say that to them, you know what I'm saying. Me and Vy have a separate relationship. All I can say is when I've ever been around, and I've been around quite some time, you know, I got my I'm married. I've been married sixteen years, so maybe I was never really around that.
Speaker 1: But I've never saw it.
Speaker 2: You know, I've never saw this monster that they described when I hear the testimony, because I got ears and I got Q tips, so.
Speaker 3: I hear it.
Speaker 1: Some of this be like whoa, and then some of it. I'm like, nah, but I don't know you've seen the freaky first I've never seen. I've really just like you every day. Every day when you look back at that we saw it?
Speaker 11: You ready.
Speaker 1: Ready for this? I've been waiting to see this story. Okay, Okay, let's party party? Yeah yeah, okay, you mean he wants to play it the refreshmentory.
Speaker 3: Why want you to party with me for your birthday?
Speaker 1: Man, we party for my birthday before you came to my party. No, but me and you ain't never really party. You know what I'm saying. I see it every time it goes.
Speaker 2: Yes, I look at it too, and I watched the whole too. So all right, here's what happened, Fab and Jada. Fab's first freestyle you ever heard? Fab is with me like, so I basically put Fab on like in a good way. I'm playing around. I always say that to him. It's a joke, but it's not actually like, if I could have I was the hottest dude in New York at that time. Clue asked me, can I have my dude Sport come up? And I was like Sport. He was like Sport and I was like, that's a dope name, Sport. His name is fabulous Sport in my line.
Speaker 1: So we did.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying is me and Fabs have a great relationship. Me and Jada has a great relationship.
Speaker 1: Drink chats.
Speaker 2: We're hot at the time. You got a budget to fly around. We're using the revote budget up to revolt everybody there. Thank you'all for holding us down.
Speaker 1: So they're in LA. We fly to l A.
Speaker 2: E f N misses his flight off, I forget what happens. Boom, Jada kissing them are on their promo run. I like the creative person that I thought I was being. I messed up, but I tried. I thought I was being creative. I hip hop, and I was like, yo, they're doing a whole press run. That was for the fab being kiss out. They're doing the whole press rue. What could our what could make ours different you come to the show. So he's like, all right, cool is Goooby Loo birthday. We're gonna go celebrate with y'all. Now that part you forget. That's why the candles was there. It was Boody Loop birthday, who is a Rastafarian, the furthest thing from anything.
Speaker 1: Fight r.
Speaker 2: Fab, Jada, Kiss and Dinny arrived at the same time. Remember, Diddy's a surprise. So my friend mister Lee, who's who is Dominican?
Speaker 1: What's his slang? Dotty, your dotty, your dotty?
Speaker 2: Hey he talking Dominicans because they didn't They don't want to say poppy Boppy is a.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rican thing. You undert what I'm saying. So he sees Diddy. He say, oh, Dotty, you gotta put you over here, dotty because we got we got.
Speaker 2: We don't want them to see it. So Diddy got that in his head. Now Doddy, Now he's just kidd Doddy Doddy. He thinks that's what we're saying. No, it's not what we're saying. This is what mister Lee is saying.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's it. So so we walk over and he goes, yo, what's up, Doddy? You up immediately, Yes, it does all right.
Speaker 2: Cool, But here's what y'all don't know. When he's saying to Fabulous, yo, why did't you party me no more? Look at us in front of Fabulous.
Speaker 1: That's not a rock.
Speaker 2: Fabulous had a whole coco loso, but Diddy. So when I'm inviting Diddy to co host, he has a whole other thing. He's coming at fab why you're not drinking no more? That's what he's saying, why we don't party no more? And look he's pointing at it. He's like, and fab if you look, Fabius almost trying to throw the voko away because he's like and you know, he had a deal. So that's really what that was about. Like, that's what And the daddy part came from mister Lee and you know, hold on, there was more to that. He said, I like it when you scrambling and scrambling that what I can't I can't.
Speaker 1: I know, I was, I was, I was off to. I was throwing off to And you know what's the crazy thing about it. You know, I was sitting on the editing floor and he was like, keep all that in.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, you know what, Well, I really wish I would have edited it was the Kanye now that you know, we didn't edit nothing until then until then, But Kanye's was very weird, like because I had never got third what is it second grade, second hand second hand hate? I got second I got second hand hate or so yeah, but that that's that's, that's, that's, that's that's We're still kicking it with N. O. R. E. Charlamagne and the Didny thing is interesting, like I don't I don't know whether he's guilty or not, but that interview was classic before that classic.
Speaker 1: I played it for him when he was ye, yes, I saw that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, that's that's been a that's been a dope thing about drink Champs. It's like I get to to make mistakes in front the fans live like in real time, and they robbing me, like you know what I mean, don't get it twisted. I love the hate though, too. I love ballance because I've lived my whole career where you know, you know, people have my back and you know, just to see like it's it's a balance to this, you know what I mean, Like I'm with it because but that's why I love I enjoy doing what we're doing with run Champs. It's like it's all positivity, Like this is the only time I could post something.
Speaker 1: That's when somebody would always say something you run slow.
Speaker 2: Then was interesting too, though, because it's like you're not responsible for what comes out of Kanye's mouth.
Speaker 1: You're just you're a platform, you're a host.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I felt responsible, you know why when when I found out that George Floyd people's didn't like it, I felt responsible because and by the way, God bless me, I've never said this before, but this parts that we edited it, Like there is actually parts that we did edit, like he compared I said, he compared George Floyd to Martin Luther King and and and he was like, what's the difference between George Floyd.
Speaker 1: And Martin Luther King? And we were all like we've been at that time. So we were thrown off, like what we do?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: And he was like, Martin Luther King happened? And we were like, oh, we knew that had to be edited right there, Like we were like.
Speaker 2: Oh no, And so we were paying attention to the parts that we weren't paying attention to everything, Like you know what I mean? So, and he had got me. He had he had called me. I don't want to like like blame it all on him, because that's you know, it was. It was a collective. It just didn't I just didn't know what. I didn't know how to edit at that time. Since then we spoke like five six times.
Speaker 1: Then it disappeared, and so did he not spoke to something.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna do a documentary my two years with Kanye, because I had two years.
Speaker 1: I just like I thought he I thought he was listening to me.
Speaker 2: At one point, He's asking me married to advice, and I was I felt obligated.
Speaker 1: I was like I was going downstairs.
Speaker 2: I was going I was walking away from my wife because I didn't even want my hunter know that I was giving wife advice and married to advice. And then he would listen to me and then he just tweet away right after, and I was like, you a little bit for me, I don't.
Speaker 1: I never took it like that. After you apologize, he was.
Speaker 2: He said, now he's a good guy. He said, no, he's a good guy. That I didn't because I had to tell you the truth. I understood media, but I only understood the good side of media at that time. Like when I come to the breakfast club and I go to Canada, people will be like, yo, breakfast club, Like it's positive, you know what I'm saying. So this is my this is my this is my turn of saying. You know what, it ain't all guts and glavy, like sometimes you gotta go outside and take the gum under the table and then put put the gum under the table in your.
Speaker 1: Mouth and maybe that you know what I'm saying. You gotta stuff. Sometimes you gotta scuff your tims, even tims. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And that's that's that's that's that's pretty much. Yeah, but that was a horrible situation.
Speaker 1: Let's get into a record. Let's get into this record. Let me pull it up. I get the name of it. Well, you tell us the name of it.
Speaker 2: No, it's called Win Again because that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna win again. And there's two features on there. I guess we'll figure it out. And make sure you keep subscribing to Drink champses. Make sure you support the Drink Champs network. Mid Bleak Show, Angela Simmons Show comes soon. You know, and run champs right, well, healthy High. It's called healthy High, Healthy all right, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Florida man attacked n A.
Speaker 15: T I for a very strange reason.
Speaker 1: It gave him too much money.
Speaker 18: Florida man is arrested after that, being said he rigged the door to his home in an attempt to electro hit his president.
Speaker 1: Lights police arrested an Orlando man for talking to from Meidos the breakfast club, bitch you Donkey other day with Charlam Hayne, the guy I don't know why y'all keep it, letting him get y'all like this well of all is Florida. Okay, Donkey to day goes to a Florida woman named Victoria Moosey. Okay.
Speaker 2: She is thirty three years old and she helps from one of my favorite places in the world, Orlando, Florida. Salute to everybody who listens to us on one oh four point five to beat in Orlando. Drop on the clothes bombs for one oh four point five to beat Orlando. What's happening?
Speaker 1: What does your uncle Shalla always say about the great state of Florida? Say it with me.
Speaker 2: The craziest people in America, come from the Bronx and all of Florida, and today there's no exception.
Speaker 1: See Victoria was stopped.
Speaker 2: In Fort Lauderdale, like the intersection of Livington Street and Hughlee Avenue because she failed to yield the right of way to another vehicle. So she got pulled over and when the officer called dispatched to check on her identity, they were there was a warrant out in Orange County for DUI. So officers did what they they do. They took her out of the vehicle a red FOD Escape. Okay, this car was typecasted for what happens next. They took her out of her red Florid Escape and brought her back to the patrol car, advised her of the warrant and that she will be put under arrest. That's when Victoria decided to make like her ford An escape. She started to resist, ran back to her forward escape, jumped in and placed it in drive.
Speaker 1: But there was a problem with that. See, her six year old daughter was in the.
Speaker 2: Back seat, but one of the police officers had also gotten into the backseat of the FID Escape with the daughter as well. I mean they were taking her mother to jail, so somebody had to be with the six year old. But listen to what I just said. Victoria found out she had a warren for her arrest for DUI, and clearly she must have still been drunk because there was a police officer in the back seat with her.
Speaker 1: Six year old. What do you think Victoria did next?
Speaker 2: Complied to the commands to get out of the suv, realized there was a police officer in her back seat, and just.
Speaker 1: So, no, this is Florida.
Speaker 2: She drove away, but the cop in the back, with the police officer in the back seat, where are you going?
Speaker 1: Look, moms are busy nowadays. Okay, sometimes you got to bring a cop along for carpool duty. All right, you have at sea. But I have no idea. You know, she wanted more community policing. This is her way of getting it all right? Where does she think she was going with a police officer in her back seat. In most places on the planet, a police officer in the back seat would deter you from trying to make a getaway. But not in Florida. Nope, nope, no, nope.
Speaker 2: In Florida, you can bind traffic, stops, kidnapping, and a family road trip. Okay, drop on the clues bombs for multitasking, all right, not to mention where would you be going when the officer in.
Speaker 1: The back seat can just tell his fellow officers exactly where you're going? Okay?
Speaker 2: This is literally the equivalent of someone sharing their Uber ride status with you. In fact, this could be a new Uber service called Uber Arrest. Why don't we have Cops Florida edition.
Speaker 1: They gotta be a Cops Flaughter edition, right, I'm sure it has to be a Cops just dedicated to Florida. This has to exist already, right.
Speaker 2: All you got to do is attach a goldfro to every cop car in Florida and just sit back and being attained. Please give Victoria mossif the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons you oh the.
Speaker 17: Oh the.
Speaker 1: Ye end, she ain't gonna know. Damn well, she pulled over. Yes, eventually she's in jail for her louding police. I thought there was more than the story I wanted to go. You know, she knew the cop was there the whole time.
Speaker 18: Yeah, But since she already pulled off and the cop was already there, baby girl could have just like I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, where's she going?
Speaker 2: Eventually, the police officer followed there, followed her down the street. She finally stopped at an intersection, and she was placed in the custody. That's all, and now she faces a charge of fleeing and eluding police.
Speaker 1: No game. I mean, we could if you want to want to, and if you really feel like you need to. But uh sure, let's play a game of guess what race it is? All right?
Speaker 2: A Florida woman driving in Orlando Monday fled the traffic stopping arrest while she had the police officer and her six year old daughter.
Speaker 1: In the back car. Guess what right is envy? M hm? Not white? You don't want to play. I'm curious you want to play now? You don't know. I don't know. That's why I'm asking why do you think you're white? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean what the caucasiity of having an officer in the back seat is still feeling like you can drive.
Speaker 1: Off, the duy feeling and the fact that the dui racist dui.
Speaker 13: But not only that, but the fact that you had a police officer in the back and he didn't beat you as you were driving off kind of makes me feel like you, Why would you beat her to stop the pen she's driving?
Speaker 1: Then she could wreck and kill us all you idiot or you stupid gotta police.
Speaker 15: Somehow did the baby girl in the back seats or the baby in the back seat say anything? I was the baby?
Speaker 2: Well hold on, Lauren, a Florida woman driving in Orlando Monday, fled the traffic stop and arrest police, saying by hopping back in her SUV and driving off while the police officer was in the back with her daughter.
Speaker 1: Yes, what race she is, Laura l Rossa?
Speaker 15: I think she's heroin white. But if the baby in the back seat.
Speaker 1: Didn't say let the wrong I didn't stop the car. Police got to stop the call some how.
Speaker 13: I'm not gonna beat the woman in the back of a six year old daughter in the back on the highway and take off and start going crazy.
Speaker 1: You got to get her to stop the car, put the car.
Speaker 18: Six year old six seven whatever would have been like, dad, somebody in the car right? My niece would have been like someone else is in the car, mom? Because why would she was six years old?
Speaker 1: She understands, police officer. What's the officer? Well, both of you racist bigots are wrong. Okay, is not white, she is negro. Wow, I went against that one because you're racist.
Speaker 15: She's crazy. I would drove right to my mama house.
Speaker 1: But the copy in the back, yes, come get my baby.
Speaker 15: I'm going to jail.
Speaker 1: Well, ourge is the new black yod. Okay, this is I want to guess that her right. She got she got corns. It looked like she had no correls for a little too long. That's what it looked like.
Speaker 2: Jesus got the little afro that growing over it looked out your hair lookingdo that wig.
Speaker 15: First of all, this is not a baby.
Speaker 1: This is all me.
Speaker 15: I know you don't know what it feels like to grow hair and like hairlines and stuff anymore. But this is what it looks like. Okay, no, look at it. It saw me and saw me.
Speaker 1: That's not Felicia.
Speaker 11: Mm hmm.
Speaker 15: This is Eva. Eva is the natural mature girl. She is cheek. She is trimmed.
Speaker 1: A vengeance Jesus because both of them always just looked like they're in need of some type of marr all right. They just all look like they're going through some type of struggle that they need help.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 15: Exactly? Mind your business?
Speaker 1: All right, girls, all right, girls, girls, guys, gals.
Speaker 2: Funny thing is you been trying to make a bounce all morning, but it ain't really bouncing.
Speaker 15: Don't do me. Don't cut the bible that black.
Speaker 3: All right, gals.
Speaker 1: The breakfast club, good morning.
Speaker 13: Everybody's d j envy just hilarious charlamage. The guy we are the breakfast club lawn La Rosa is here as well. We got a special guest.
Speaker 1: In the building, a guy we got comedian Tony Baker. Welcome.
Speaker 3: What's something man?
Speaker 1: How you feeling good?
Speaker 3: I feel great.
Speaker 1: First time I met you, I wasn't here. The first time he came in war the back I was traveling.
Speaker 3: He was hiding from it.
Speaker 1: Man, I wasn't I was going to ask you the hard hitting question.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I really didn't.
Speaker 12: How you feeling, brother, I'm good man. You're blessed to be out here. I love coming to New York. I can never uh, I never get enough time out here, though it's always a quick in and out. I want to be out here for like a month.
Speaker 1: You said driving in New York makes you balder? Yeah, man, how did you come too?
Speaker 3: Because I'm really move from I rented the car I shouldn't. That's around now.
Speaker 12: I flew in, I rented a car and then I drove from JFK to Manhattan and I was like, I knew nothing from the.
Speaker 15: Airport, even the people that live here. You take a car or yeah, it was it was.
Speaker 3: A big mistake. I lost out my head.
Speaker 1: It was luxurious, had a full I had a full head before you came in, you know.
Speaker 2: But I love when you do your ten thoughts of the day, man, because like you put a fat Joe don't let people talk.
Speaker 3: He don't let nobody talk.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 12: I'll be watching him and Jada man, Jada, Jada be saying five words of episode.
Speaker 3: But I watched every episode history.
Speaker 15: It's so good.
Speaker 3: I love it. I'm glad they did it. But uh, the way Jada reacts to Joe, it's crazy, crazy and so but Joe don't let people talk, man. He come in, man. He rolled all over Jim Jones as soon as the episode started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but except when it came to the nods conversation, Yeah, conversation, let him talk.
Speaker 12: No he did than I he did, and then he was like, but then Jim Jones put his foot in his mouth when he was like put the billboards up.
Speaker 3: And then that's the way messed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't even know why that's even the conversation. Like you know what I mean, Like I love I like Jim. I love Jim Jones a lot.
Speaker 2: I think Jim Jones has been putting out some of the best music from Sure and over the last several years, probably the best music from up from New York until now I started dropping those Kings Diseases.
Speaker 12: That's right there. Now, this is my favorite rapper of all time. And with that hit boy Run, that just solidified his spots for me. Yeah, because that late in the game, making albums that hot, I don't know who else has done that, and.
Speaker 2: Making it for people our age, yeah, I don't even know. Don't get around Scarf facing ja Z can still make great music.
Speaker 1: And Common. There's a lot of guys over in that age that make great sure, but.
Speaker 12: They put out like you know one like you know Common and Pete Rod did a phenomenal job.
Speaker 1: But it's just be like you know in the series, the series, but now still gets busy down.
Speaker 3: That the sixth albums, Yeah, they were all good.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna when his first Grammy crazy. You ain't gonna get that one. He was overdue.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he my favorite.
Speaker 1: You said a shot.
Speaker 12: He has a great laugh, she do, she'd be laughing, And I'm a comedian, so I'll be looking for the laugh. Like you know, I feed off there like y'all just sitting there taking it. I'm like, man, I remember audition for S and L a few years back, and they were just sitting in the shadows.
Speaker 3: Gave me nothing. I was up there giving one hundred and thousand percent. Man, they were just sitting in the shadows. That was It was just silhouettes.
Speaker 12: They was sitting there like he's sitting right now, just with robes on, just looking squinty eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, full commitment.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 15: Ain't what auditions are like. Though they normally don't give you much in all.
Speaker 3: They give me something.
Speaker 12: Man, I'm gonna stay just saying lie, I can see if it was a drama like I'm doing the Viola David scene, I then lost the kids, you know what I'm saying. So you was sweating like I was up there giving it all I had and they was like I don't even know if I got that, and they were silhouetted.
Speaker 1: How do you leave that they were silhouetted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't see.
Speaker 12: All I saw was bodies and it was just like it was like they was all on gang Land confessing about the crimes and you just couldn't see nothing.
Speaker 1: And I was like, all right, dangn thanks for having me, y'all. You ever got any cheeks because you told a girl she had a great laugh?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I can't remember that being the reason. Like, Man, you got a great laugh, and then the panties dropped, because.
Speaker 2: They always have you a comedian. If you can make them laugh, you can crack the ass. So I always wanted I wanted you making them laugh and then you give them that compliment. Did that do something for him?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 12: Usually I give that compliment in the moment, like during the show Man, you got a great laugh. That happened to me in Austin last weekend. She had a great laugh.
Speaker 1: But you could just be doing that because you want the cry to keep laughing.
Speaker 3: No, she really had a good one, though.
Speaker 12: It was like a residual hold over laugh because some audiences laugh real quick and then.
Speaker 15: Hush, and I hate those I think people were in an audience that you heard.
Speaker 12: Just her laugh, Like she was in the front row and she was like and it was like I would say something that Joe had finished and she's still giggling.
Speaker 3: And then the tear White. Well I got the laugh in the tear White. This is I need to clone her and just bring up every show, the Austin show. It was Austin. Yeah, I was the Austin last week and you.
Speaker 1: Said you would have canceled the show if you knew they had a serial killer. They're a serial killer. I didn't know that. I ain't see that nowhere.
Speaker 3: They got a serial killer allegedly out there. It's a whole bunch of men.
Speaker 12: They've been finding men at this lake called Ladybird Lake and just you know, dead dudes, and they're thinking like they be capturing them because it's a lot of like partying around there, like drinking, and so they've been founding these bodies, like they found three.
Speaker 15: Weeks ago it was thirty eight bodies found.
Speaker 18: Thirty rumors rife as thirty eight bodies found in and around Ladybird Lake.
Speaker 15: So far, this is they've been.
Speaker 1: Quiet on these serial killers. This was one a Long Island too, Yes, recently.
Speaker 15: Yes, it's not nobody to go to Long Island.
Speaker 1: This what kind of dad though? Just dad? Like no, like Booty, they didn't say the causes.
Speaker 3: Does it matter?
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't even know what's going on, like anything missing, Like I'm saying, like you just killing people and just putting the body there like nothing.
Speaker 12: There's no motive, no, because usually they got an m like you know they would killed this way. But I don't take you know what I mean, like no souvenirs, you know.
Speaker 1: Mark of a serial killer. Okay, so you really felt unsafe?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, I went to the scene of the crime.
Speaker 18: Yeah, hold on, but wait, I mean because the thirty eight I mean, this is no normal. I'm not gonna say that's gonna sound sensitive.
Speaker 1: Nerman gonna sign insensitive problem.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's what I meant.
Speaker 1: That's what I said.
Speaker 15: I was gonna say. The thirty eight bodies is over three years.
Speaker 1: Long, a lot of short period of time. I told you.
Speaker 15: I didn't want to say.
Speaker 1: Y'all mean, oh got you got you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 18: Yes, But but when you say serial killer, I'm thinking like holl like with like a Jeffrey Dahmers like everything's back to back to back to back to back space.
Speaker 1: Not long it took them to catch Jeffrey Donald for the movie.
Speaker 15: See it was like an hour.
Speaker 11: Took a while.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Donald was killing people for at least several years.
Speaker 3: Did the right early on they pulled him over and everything.
Speaker 1: He trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he was black, he would have get caught immediately.
Speaker 1: Absolutely definite to check that you got.
Speaker 3: Half a victim he was black.
Speaker 2: Now you said Jeffrey Donald was out for thirteen years from seventy eight to ninety one, he would have first him in seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Broad what serious killer?
Speaker 18: But like he's a little dormant, like you were fine, but okay, but no, he's very on. It's not funny because people have died.
Speaker 1: Nobody laugh nobody laughing, but you nobody said it was funny.
Speaker 15: You know what you continue on?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me shut up in this one. Now, he said, did he might get off?
Speaker 3: I think well, they you know, they changed it. What they uh they dropped some of the charges.
Speaker 1: The charge long. I know you the question on this hold on one quick, real quick.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know Jeffrey Dama killed seventeen people in thirteen years.
Speaker 1: So Austin got thirty eight.
Speaker 15: You know the timeline on Jeffrey Donald. I thought it was way quicker.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight Is.
Speaker 15: That numbers?
Speaker 18: It's all they're trying to figure out the number. It's still reports and rumors claim. Someone is saying Austin police, they're still trying to figure out the numbers.
Speaker 2: And at least Doma was eating the men. Not but you said, like, what is this guy doing? Whoever this person is could be a woman.
Speaker 1: Could be a woman, yeah, could could be a woman because it's all men. She got to be a diesel woman because you got to carry them into the lake. Right.
Speaker 12: What's weird about the awesome thing is I can't find like causes of death, Like they've been finding them in the in the water, maybe drowning or whatever.
Speaker 18: So it's like, but they the numbers keep changing. It's nineteen, and it's thirty eight, then it's thirty eight, then it's nineteen.
Speaker 1: But you know, we don't even know how they're dying.
Speaker 3: No, no, they have it listed, damn.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 18: The causes of death have been mainly attributed to accidental drownings. But the second thing that they're saying is potential suicide as well as drug overdose and natural causes.
Speaker 15: And this is just for uh two teams that were found.
Speaker 1: Where did you get the serial.
Speaker 3: Killing themselves?
Speaker 18: That many times the articles are seeing serial killer, but then the Austin police are saying they're denying the rumors of it being a serial killer.
Speaker 15: But at the same time they're still investigating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're still.
Speaker 13: Kicking the with comedian Tony Baker. Now, before I go to Diddy, you said you you pay attention to a woman's hands.
Speaker 3: Why I just do, Like, I look at the woman's hands.
Speaker 1: They're not big.
Speaker 12: No, it's just always look, you know, because a lot of women take care of their hands, Like Lauren has great hands in the finger in, the finger length and the moisturization and stuff like that. I pay attention to that, the nails, all that good stuff, especially when they be taking selfies and they be holding the phone a certain way. I always look at the hands, y'all, don't be looking at.
Speaker 3: The woman's hands.
Speaker 1: I'm married, David married.
Speaker 3: Well at your wife's saying, did y'all.
Speaker 1: Ever look at it all all the time?
Speaker 12: Remember that Seinfeld episode when he was dating the girl with the man hands.
Speaker 15: What does that mean?
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, she had man hands. She was a woman in the episode, but her hands was like you could tell it was a big manhand when she would reach over to him and she wanted to wipe some food off his cheek and he was like, no, I'm good, and then you just see a big, robust hand.
Speaker 2: Come on your ten thousand a day. You said, a wet handshake makes my soul weather. So what if it's a beautiful woman with nice hands with her hands are wet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the wet hands, it's just gross.
Speaker 12: I can't deal with it, especially if we if we're gonna be talking, we're gonna be intimate, it's gonna be a wet hand all the time.
Speaker 3: She's gonna be massaging me with a wet hand.
Speaker 1: Or what if it's wet because she because you got her like that and she been putting her hand on the playing with that thing.
Speaker 3: He did it like that.
Speaker 1: He could have just said it without.
Speaker 3: The visual representation. But no, a wet handshake is the worst though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, if I know you got a.
Speaker 3: Wet daft I'm gonna pound you up after that.
Speaker 1: I hate to do with the one nail. That one nail.
Speaker 3: Scratch you like cut that. I hate dapping dudes with the long nail. Yeah, like, man, you a vampire.
Speaker 1: The one long pig is for the coke.
Speaker 3: That's where the coach.
Speaker 12: I'm like, if you ain't doing and that, then you better be a vampire. If you scratched me up into dap.
Speaker 2: Damn and women be looking at it is disrespectful. I think about that all the time. You washing hands, Like if I know my hands even a little dap, I tell it. I tell you, like now my hand, damn, I give you an elbows. Disrespectful, you know.
Speaker 3: Come around the corner with random wetness, gross.
Speaker 1: Like repete on yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get man.
Speaker 2: And the thing that you got to look out for that you don't never realize is you know, you know sometimes you might just be walking in tugy penis. But and then like like you know, if you have the house of something of your tugy penis and somebody walk in, give them you don't do that.
Speaker 3: Like wrong penis touff like wrong like inside the tug that.
Speaker 1: You walk around this tugget peenus just.
Speaker 2: Just randomly why it's a long story, but when I was younger, I had bought these pills called Magna RX.
Speaker 1: They seem like we all do it, but.
Speaker 3: Now like outside the clothing adjustment.
Speaker 2: You just like when I was young, I had bought these pills called Magna RX, and it's supposed to be pills to make your penis bigger. And so one of the things that they told you when you buy the Magna X is you read it. They told you do this little extra side when you tug on it when it's flasted. And so that's just a habit I've had since I was young.
Speaker 3: I respect the fact that you admitted that you get the penis enlargement.
Speaker 1: Man. No, I ordered them out the back of double X lup.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Actually, oh I was early twenty, but I don't know what they were. I don't know. That's a good question.
Speaker 3: You don't measure.
Speaker 2: I've been seven inches three four for a long time. When it's eight, when it's summertime.
Speaker 3: You don't measure, envy, No, why not?
Speaker 1: I've been married for so long.
Speaker 3: Marriage The truth never, you ain't never measured.
Speaker 15: No, you said like you do off every year every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make sure ain't no fun and games happening. I measured annually.
Speaker 15: You've seen changes.
Speaker 3: No, it's usually consistent.
Speaker 1: But when you get older, you get older and naturally and.
Speaker 12: So you get short. And I'm like, all right, let me see what's happening. Yeah, yeah, I'm measured every year.
Speaker 2: I just don't know when that when they I know they say when you get older. I just don't know when birthday. By the way, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. So I'm the only person that do a little little little tug when it's flashed.
Speaker 3: Raw tug is wild, especially like where you be here, you be at home?
Speaker 1: Who tug crazy?
Speaker 3: That's crazy? Whose raw tug is wild?
Speaker 1: Speaking of Ditty, you said Diddy might get off, right, he was speaking goddamn Diddy, God damn Diddy. And the thoughts of the day. You said Diddy might get off. What's your thoughts on Diddy? Because were they were dropping some charges and I was like, oh, Tony, that's Lauren.
Speaker 15: They backed away from theories.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 18: Basically, the way that the jury was instructed to deliberate was like, don't worry too much about this because this is where we're stronger at.
Speaker 15: But no charges have actually been drying.
Speaker 3: Okay, So false headlines, yes.
Speaker 15: Okay, but did you think he was coming home before that?
Speaker 3: I thought he was going in.
Speaker 15: Now you don't think he's going in.
Speaker 12: Once they said that, they was like, they're dropping the was it sex trafficking? There was like a few that they had.
Speaker 1: Arson and the kidnapping.
Speaker 3: I think yeah, the arson, kidnapping and the sex trafficking was I was like, oh, it sounds like he might.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they ain't dropping none of those.
Speaker 3: Well, then he going in.
Speaker 12: He going somewhere like I don't know how long he getting, but he getting something. You put a Paul him.
Speaker 1: God sounded crazy, how long he gonna be? But he getting something?
Speaker 15: You posted only because y'all been in here tripping on the.
Speaker 3: Hall Paul's episode.
Speaker 1: He might get off? Why get off?
Speaker 3: Did he might get off?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know what you meant. I don't think that needed. The just felt like just the whole case.
Speaker 3: He just gotta just got to put a button on the ten thoughts.
Speaker 1: What do you think when you when you heard that he allegedly likes men seemen on his nipples?
Speaker 15: He does you ain't hurt nothing else but them?
Speaker 3: Charge of job that he's like men seeming on his nipple.
Speaker 15: That's one of the girls alleged No, not a girl.
Speaker 1: Kathy said that he's not joking. He jokes like he did not joking.
Speaker 3: This is true, this is real. This is what said. That's wild business, Doug, that's wild. I ain't know that. I mean, we're all into summer.
Speaker 1: I guess I ain't nothing like that.
Speaker 3: It's something you be. You be tugging raw whole foods. You know what I'm saying. You're liable to do anything at this point.
Speaker 1: That would sound crazy in a court game, right he was. He was tugging raw and wholeful.
Speaker 3: In the self served part where you make your own plate. Man's wild.
Speaker 15: When you walk in your local Hoo Foods down, they're gonna look at you so different.
Speaker 1: I don't go Whole Foods. I go on Weamon, Who would you say? You are hopeful too expensive?
Speaker 3: It is expensive.
Speaker 1: Sure, whoe Men is spensive too, but it's hopefull. He walks into the Wegmans. Hopeful is different, disrespectful, expensive, especially.
Speaker 12: When you build your own and you weigh it, they'd be like thirty seven dollars for your rice and your little potato ball.
Speaker 13: They're still kicking it with comedian Tony Baker Charlamagne, Who would.
Speaker 1: You say you are outside of comedy?
Speaker 3: This is a dad.
Speaker 12: Just regularly, I'll be playing game. I'm a movie nerd for sure, thousand percent. Yeah, outside of comedy. I'm an actor too. So I started out acting before the comedy and then I just started doing stand up and I was like, oh, I got more control over my career with this, so, you know, just a naturally funny dude. I denied the funny growing up because my brother's never laughed at me, so I felt like I wasn't funny. So then I would go to school and they'd be laughing, but it never registered.
Speaker 1: So I was just like whatever.
Speaker 2: That's why being a comedian it's so tough, because it's like you need that validation. How you talked about and you did that s and L and you didn't get no laughter from them. And then you said your brothers didn't laugh at you, So how did you know you was funny?
Speaker 12: I found out people were saying it, but it still just didn't register. It was just like, girls be like you funny, like when you're young. I didn't want to be funny to the girls. You know this before I knew funny, was you know funny, and I'm like, man, I'm trying to be cool, and like, you know what I'm saying, I'm trying to holler.
Speaker 3: But then.
Speaker 12: Then when I was going through college and stuff and hosting shows and all that stuff, and this random girl pulled me to the side and was like, yeah, hilarious. I was like, who are you and she was like, I saw you host that an MC battle thing. And so then that's when it registered, because she pulled me out of nowhere. I was at a common concert for Electric Circuits tour and she said that, and then it just always stuck. Man, you know what I'm saying, I might be funny for real, even though people have been saying it for years, it just never registered. And so and then I used that once I moved to LA for acting, and I was like, man, maybe I should try to stand up as a way, you know, to get rolls and stuff. And then I did stand up one time and just kept going ever since.
Speaker 1: Remember your wors show always talk about you showing your best.
Speaker 12: Hell yeah, I remember I bombed out here in uh in the Bronx at Rob Stapleton's room.
Speaker 1: Of course, Rob Stapleton, who was I'm sure it was there talent, they weren't.
Speaker 3: They weren't there that night. It was just Rob. It was a salsa confuego his shor.
Speaker 12: And I went in there. I wasn't planning on going up. I asked shorts on me and my ex girlfriend.
Speaker 3: We were just there. I just wanted to see the room because I know Rob for a long time.
Speaker 1: Let me just goe people through it.
Speaker 3: So I'm just sitting there.
Speaker 1: He's like, yo, doing you want to go up?
Speaker 3: I was like, nah, you know what I'm saying. We're just chilling, you know what I'm saying. And then he came back and I was like, oh, I really don't want to go.
Speaker 1: I ask shorts, basketball shorts that just had on, like some jeans shorts and it was hard to talking, but yeah.
Speaker 3: It was you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: If you're not Gabriel Glaciers, put some pants on and so uh So I was just like, nah, you know, I didn't want to say no, but I was trying to say no.
Speaker 3: Then he came back a third time.
Speaker 12: He was like, yo, man, it five minutes of ice like and then my girl was like just five minutes and I was all right, man, I do five minutes went up there, man, telling my jokes.
Speaker 3: I went up there with the good material and they was just distracted.
Speaker 12: They was on their phone. I was just like, damn, I'm a bit a tanking. It was other comedians up there, like, man, let's see what Tony Baker is all about the al. This one made the ale official. After I did that medio cassette before I get off stage, robbers like, nah, man, come in, Tom, y'all don't understand, man, this dude's funny. Man, Damn, the nail in the coffin. I was a skeleton in his arms at that point. I was dead on the ride.
Speaker 1: Man, y'all, don't get it.
Speaker 3: Man, Zip me up, zip up my bag and throw me in the corner truck.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: That was the nail in the coffin.
Speaker 1: Man, what'd you tell your girl when you walked up? And then I told you.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I had the shorts on, and you said, and then that's why we broke up. That's not why we broke up.
Speaker 12: But I got revenge in Brooklyn like the next night. But uh, that was that was like the latest bomb that.
Speaker 3: Sticks with me.
Speaker 12: I remember my first one that was at the Jay spot in Inglewood and I went up there and it was a black room, kind of hood hoodish, you know.
Speaker 3: I went up there, did my material.
Speaker 12: They was just like you know what I'm saying, You know what I'm saying. And then I got off stage. Comedian was like, look like he just got out of jam. Was like, I'm gonna do comedy.
Speaker 1: Crowd laughed. I was like, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So I took that l down where I was like, Yo, I'm gonna get revenge anytime I take an AL. I want revenge. I want another show. So I went up there a second time, did worse than the first time at him double l LLL cool JL Ron Hulbert and then this this how official AL was.
Speaker 1: The dude was looking at me in the front row and he was just looking at me.
Speaker 12: And then he just turned to the side and looked at this girl like what's up with tonight? And I heard him say it, and I was just like god damn because he just turned He was like, man, what's up with tonight?
Speaker 1: What you to say? Nothing? You took me to this black ass comedy show. The best you can take me?
Speaker 3: Been a skeleton again?
Speaker 12: Man? I had pants on, yeah, but I remember the als Man, but they're always funnier than the winds though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you were one of the first to blend stand up and social media in a way to me that didn't feel false.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how did you avoid the trap of, like, you know, saying, you know what they say, I suck on stage. I'm just gonna I'm gonna go full time influencer.
Speaker 12: Oh no, like stand up for me is everything, Like I just used social media just to get you to come to my should And so, you know, when I was doing the voiceovers heavy my following exploded the animal voiceover. Yeah, and so once I started doing that, you know now and now the stand up clips are in. But once I started doing the voiceovers, I was like, good, come see me live.
Speaker 1: They they never want you to do that on stage, like animal voice Tony.
Speaker 12: This lady said that recently my shows in Detroit. She was like, I thought you were gonna do like some animal stuff. I was like, that don't translate on stage. She's just like, man, I just thought she was gonna do something. And I think I think the white audience looks at me like that a little bit, you know, because they come expecting one thing.
Speaker 3: Like the cats. You know what I'm saying. Black folks get it. But she was white lady, and.
Speaker 12: I was like, hell, no home, dude, what I'm gonna do on stage? You know, I do talk about animals.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that, But man, if I was at a show and I saw somebody bombing and then they broke out in the animal voice, oh my god, I wouldn't die.
Speaker 12: I'd be like, cute up the video and just do that, just like a random cat video, and I'm just sitting there like, man, I would be dead inside skeleton again.
Speaker 1: Just put the shorts on me, because I love. I'm not gonna front.
Speaker 2: When somebody's doing really really good, I'm silent because I'm listening. Actually, that's why I love watching stand up on TV, because there's nobody around you to laugh over what the next joke might be. You know, sometimes comedians y'all tell jokes and then it'll be just like a something small. You'll sandy your breath, but you'll miss it because everybody laughing.
Speaker 1: So I like to listen.
Speaker 2: So when somebody's really good, I'm like, like really intently listening and might chuckle.
Speaker 1: But when somebody's bombing, I'm dying.
Speaker 12: I don't know the words. I don't know why, man, I'll be feeling bad. I hate laughing at the bomb because I too could be a victim of the bomb. You know, no comedians is above the bomb. Every comedian is bomb. So I'm always scared the karma is gonna come back. So I just be like, damn man. But if a comedian is cocky and they bomb, I love it. Oh I'll be I'll be eating it up back there. I'll be be a full course meal. But like you thought she was just gonna go up that rip.
Speaker 1: I think the thing that makes me laughing I like seeing people trying to dig their way out of that hole.
Speaker 12: If you don't ask you up there taking the air, I'll be like, he loves that, like he loves this show.
Speaker 1: He always talks about the God don't do that. I'm not going to say the person, but he talks about the show all the time. Who is you? That's my man? And he's over that. He don't got to scrub from the internet.
Speaker 3: Wait, somebody bombs at the garden years years.
Speaker 1: Years, Yes, but it was so funny. I mean, the best one ever.
Speaker 3: Dang, that's an epic bomb.
Speaker 1: No that's my guy. I don't want to bring that up now. I'll tell you late. I tell you super funny. By the way, is super four years he just had a.
Speaker 3: Bad is he black?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: He's been around for this.
Speaker 1: Did that one show? Was just yeah, he's been it's like fifteen years ago. Trying to figure it out. What do you have on? What city? He doing? You come on every every eight years?
Speaker 3: You come up here nine years? No, I was here? Uh, last time I was in New York? Was was it Caroline?
Speaker 12: So I want to say twenty twenty two? Maybe maybe it was twenty one twenty Caroline's closing. Yeah, so I think that was the last time I came out here.
Speaker 3: Solo.
Speaker 12: Me and Kevin going on on tour. Me and Kevil on stage, going on tour in September, the Ball Brothers Tour starting September through November. You can get tickets on Kevi on stage dot com right now. It's gonna be on more links to but we start.
Speaker 3: That in September.
Speaker 1: That's dope man, traveling to traveling the country, getting money with your friends.
Speaker 3: It's the best, just the best.
Speaker 12: That's what I want to doing stand up and we appreciate you for joining us, Tony, thanks for having me, and.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to Tony's podcast to wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 3: At Yes, Verbal Cardio get in on that, and we got the Ball Brothers podcast as well.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the Breakfast Club. It's Tony Baker.
Speaker 13: Yes, warning, everybody's DJ n V, Jess Hilarius, Charlamane God.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. Now you got a positive note.
Speaker 2: Positive note is simply this, and this is something that I live by. It's a quote that I love. The content of your character is your choice day by day. What you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, Breakfast Club, bitch, is you don'na finish or y'all done