Speaker 1: What I call you flat ass o zipic? Nuhns you flat back.
Speaker 2: No ass having oh o zipic using nothing's like, Rich Davis said Steve Members only Covino throwing it back on a Thursday, Dicky Doodle Davis, Rich Davis, Welcome to over promised our bonus podcast again. We're Monday through Friday on Fox Sports Radio two to four out here on the West, five to seven on the East. Search our podcast, Cavino Rich. But this is our bonus Pot and I'm sad you're here. I'm gonna pull a Chris Everett, Jim Rome, uh oh, if you call me Dicky doodle Davis one more time, do it?
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I have a lot to get to, but I might say it a few times, Dicky Doodle Davis.
Speaker 1: I always loved that.
Speaker 2: That was one of my favorites man, Jim Rome throwing it back way back in the day because as a kid, you were like, it was very like wrestling like and you were like, is that real?
Speaker 1: Nothit real? And it was. That was great.
Speaker 2: So a lot to get to on our bonus Pot again. Things we don't have time for on our regular show, walking out when it's over, just knowing when it's done and leaving with a little bit of dignity.
Speaker 1: But this happens in marriages, relationships, jobs, sports. So we're gonna talk about the weird walk offs, not walk off home runs or walkoff hits or shots. We're talking about like shit's done, I quit, I'm out. So we'll get to that because there's a story in the world of fighting. So before we get to all that, the NFL schedule release. Do you look at this as awesome, NFL is king or do you say riduculous? This is absurd. Yo, It's a schedule and it's a special that people are watching. Millions of people are watching. I get it.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was like a big giant holiday, right. Rich released himself to the schedule release. I was that excited. That's how excited he was. I know sounds creepy, but it's true.
Speaker 1: Games now, Yes.
Speaker 2: The question, like Rich post, is it overboard or awesome? And here's how I break it down. The actual release in the way NFL has embraced it and put out these next level little trailers about the schedule.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Everybody's overreaction to it is a little overboard.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's an overreaction as much as Hey, listen, man, I love football. You love football of all the sports out there, listen, I'm a Mets fan. I like the NBA. I love all sports, but nothing not the game.
Speaker 2: You're getting excited about a schedule, and I think it comes down to not even how invested you are in your team, the type of person you are. Like, I'm a terrible planner, so I focus one step, one punch on round at a time.
Speaker 1: That's the difference at a time. I'm like Schneider, bro Schneider, one day at a time. You know, I don't like looking too far ahead. You look too far ahead.
Speaker 2: You're stepping on little people, You're knocking over toddlers along the way because you're too far ahead. I'm that guy who likes to focus at the moment. Although it's very important, I'm not downplaying the importance of the schedule and ass coming up.
Speaker 1: That's me.
Speaker 2: It might be my real dad, yeah, but yeah, my dad has still has a mustache like that.
Speaker 1: And a key chain with fifty keys on.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right for me getting too far ahead. It gets too confusing. And again, like I'm one week, one game, one matchup at a time.
Speaker 1: You know what, Cavino and I while while I married and he has a girlfriend, we're sort of life partners in the weirdest way because we worked together twenty years. I think it's a good balance that I'm a big planner and you are not. Kavino is a type of guy that's like, you know, bro, can you help me find the flight I'm flying out in three days. I'm the type of guy that's like, what am I doing in July and August? So I think a balance in your friendships and relationships work that way. But I look at the schedule and I say, ooh, what am I going to be watching while I eat my Thanksgiving turkey? What guy's weekend are we planning? Are we going to Tennessee, Miami, San Francisco, Go. I look at the schedule as a oh, let me see where? What are we watching on Christmas Days?
Speaker 2: There's lots of sayings about how plans never go according to the way you think they're gonna go, and sure, life's what happens when you're too busy planning. I think John Lennon said something like that. So for me, yeah, it's good to have these vacations to look forward to and these games to look forward to. But you're getting way ahead of yourself half the time when you don't know you know who's hurt, who's available, who's playing, where the team's gonna be for that game.
Speaker 1: Here you are, oh the schedule.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, your team could be out of it, you know, weeks before you don't know anything about it.
Speaker 1: Well, so make fun of make fun of my schedule. Release all you want. But you know, thirty two teams, all of them put out some type of promotional video.
Speaker 2: You know what it feels like, sketch. It feels like this, and again, I'll make it clear. The bits and the sketches awesome.
Speaker 1: So it's seemed like a school project where it's like, all right, teams, release your your funniest little way to do the s I love all that. The overboard reaction is too much.
Speaker 2: It's like you remember when people would go crazy for bacon, and it's like, all right, dude, we got it. We get you like bacon, and you like bacon on everything. You love bacon on your ice cream and bacon on this, and bacon on a man.
Speaker 1: I love bacon.
Speaker 2: It's like we all have ba That's how we are about the NFL. But you're getting overboard with your love of bacon. All right, you want to be bacon guy. Now, Okay, I feel like it's a little overboard to the reaction of a schedule.
Speaker 1: Well that's it, buddy boy. Let me tell you. Every team has put out something and there's a few highlights. I want to give a couple of shout outs that that's cool with you. Sure again, some people were very simplistic, like the Texans just did ASMR. The forty nine ers had a Nick Bosa impersonator being like week seven, we believe, there's the Cardinals who came in last place according to a lot of people because they just had a spray painted mural.
Speaker 2: And then at the end, it's like, here's a schedule. You may be think of something else too. A lot of this stuff we saw already, or at least knew already before the big release. So it's like the NFL is doing what big time movies do. Now you're giving us all the good parts and we haven't even seen the movie yet. And then you see the movie, like I already saw that. The NFL gave a lot of breadcrumbs, a lot of little reseas pieces along the way, a lot of hints of what was to come. They gave us a lot of the big games before the schedule even came out, so it's like, hey, I already saw the trailer.
Speaker 1: I don't need to see the movie.
Speaker 2: Well, so I feel like they're taken away from the release by giving us a lot of that information even before it comes out.
Speaker 1: With all thirty two teams taking part in this, this is gonna be winners. There's gonna be losers because everyone loves to judge, right, because we're all so damn judgy. Let me give you my top five. I've watched them all, I've analyzed them. I think I know the schedule inside and out. Number five I'll give to the Philadelphia Eagles. They did this skit where they were sitting down with super fans going over the games. Take a look at Philadelphia Enlightenment.
Speaker 2: We want to assess the psychological readiness of Eagles fans ahead of the twenty twenty four seasons.
Speaker 1: We're ruddy okay, what do we get started showing? What's the first words that you think of when I show you this packer's logo. They're going to Brazil to get their first loss of the season, and then just this is like a super fans like in.
Speaker 4: A Brian Dawkins swamon algae crumpling right there at the lake.
Speaker 1: That's what I see. You see all of that. So it's it's just like super fans acting full in like a lab essentially. Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's in the setting that we're in right at this moment, but I feel like, if that's your top five, I hate to see the rest.
Speaker 1: Maybe that fell flatter. Maybe I'm sorry, you know what I mean. It's like, wait, do you see this video?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: You're gonna love it? And then you show your friend and he's like, maybe that wasn't Maybe that wasn't as good as I remember how I'm feeling. Shit, All right, let me give you number four. Let's say trying to be the party pooper.
Speaker 2: I understand the importance of a schedule towards the end of the season, when you're starting things see things play out because these games are of high importance. I get all that, but again, what are you predicting the future here?
Speaker 1: What do we always say it's sports funny? This is not Bill Bird, this is not Louis C. K or Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock.
Speaker 2: Hey, it doesn't matter what my opinion is rich because the reality is people freak out.
Speaker 1: So let's say true. Let's stay in Pennsylvania. The Pittsburgh Steelers had one where if you could get Debo to laugh with a dad joke, take a look at the Pittsburgh Steelers one. I think this is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They told their players if they can make de ball laugh, they could see the schedule early. And there he is, superstar James Harrison. You have to make Harrison left? Okay?
Speaker 5: With thee of the pony asked for a glass of water, Debo, because it.
Speaker 1: Was a little horse jet flies, you might get this one receding airline.
Speaker 2: Would not get that explained to Joe the hair the hair thing.
Speaker 1: We'll just go to the next one. No, no, we're not doing what do you call a horse that goes next door?
Speaker 3: The name?
Speaker 1: Can y'all give me some better questions? This one Philadelphia eagle eagle like the legal bruh. He's not lasting because the receding hairline is like airline. But you're saying I would did it because well, just I feel like you know a lot of people with hair disabilities. I think they've done a great job playing these out. Yeah, so Steelers, you a great, good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm actually impressed because, like you sort of insinuated before, sometimes athletes are really stiff and they're not funny. They seem very natural having funny in that moment. Yeah, now you know, now I'm watching it, maybe I should have rated it higher. Number three I'll give to America's team, the Dallas Cowboys. They sort of pranked fans from each team by facetiming them. Like when they play the Giants, they just FaceTime Eli Manning and he's like hello, and like it's just sort of like a FaceTime prank.
Speaker 1: Maybe this one didn't land either. Jerry Jones is with fans. Jake Paul Answers, I'm a part of one of these things. So they just go through like celebrities and notable people that are fans of the teams they're playing.
Speaker 3: Right, Hello, they don't the wrong number.
Speaker 1: So they just sort of prank people that are fans of the teams they're playing. Hi everyone, So anyway.
Speaker 2: Cowboys number three, all right, because here's the other side story, you know, The other side story is, yeah, you know, what has great for Cowboys fans, like the thing that everybody else is super pumped about it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I feel like I feel like I'm a comedian that's getting the crickets. But here's out though. It also points out that these might be funny things that you laugh out while you're doing the bull scroll or like by yourself, but these might not be shareworthy, like, bro, you, that's.
Speaker 2: Called relative proximity funny. And yeah, when you're bored on the bowl by yourself, Yeah, it might be the funniest thing going. Well this one, but you got no other option in that moment.
Speaker 1: This one even made the realms of like TMZ and all you know, Google News, So number two, people love this. I thought it was good, but people love that. They did a whole skit with Julian Edelman and got a lot of press. He is, uh. It's a playofful Goodwill hunting for the Patriots schedule. Yeah and Gronk, and Gronk's in it too, So it's a bunch of legendary Patriots in a skit.
Speaker 5: On the campus of one of the NFL's most storied teams.
Speaker 1: All right, here we got listen up.
Speaker 4: Hey, This theorem on the board right here will help us predict our schedule.
Speaker 5: We've been working on it the last two years.
Speaker 1: Hopefully one of you guys in here can prove it right.
Speaker 5: The most gifted mind to ever enter the stadium, this is correct. Who did this? Is the person who cleans its floors?
Speaker 1: Meet jewels hunting, jewels hunting.
Speaker 2: A dumb senius is on parallel Doski's voiceover.
Speaker 5: Guy, We've got to get the rest of the schedule.
Speaker 2: You're telling me that this kid cracks the code that it took the whole off season to come up with the art of.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that's that's the one that's getting a lot of props the Patriots, and I think number one, but I.
Speaker 2: Give my uh place, Jeane Ciscol, you know why.
Speaker 1: Here's why. Okay, here's why.
Speaker 2: And I'm not the king of comedy. It's not me and Steve Harvey and said with danentertainer. But I think in today's world where you want bam bam, bam bam, and you're on TikTok like make me laugh, make me laugh, make me laugh, funny, funny, funny, you want things.
Speaker 1: To hit quick. That felt like it dragged a little bit, I know. Or again maybe in this setting. This setting, I'll tell you what, there's a different setting. And here's the lesson to be learned. Look at this, we're teaching you guys. Shit, when you're watching something sitting by yourself, those dead spots don't feel the way they do when you're showing a friend. That's true, he's right and rich isn't wrong.
Speaker 2: That's extremely viral and all of this is extremely popular.
Speaker 1: That's why we're talking about it right now.
Speaker 2: But that's why the question to you Fox Sports Radionation is are they overboard or awesome.
Speaker 1: With these releases? And again I'm saying maybe both.
Speaker 2: It could be both, but I'm saying the product is awesome.
Speaker 1: The reactions are overboard. Yeah, see, great example. Like I said, we're learning lessons. When you show your buddy something, it's got to be like ten seconds. That's true.
Speaker 2: It's hard to show your friend like by the way, the art of threes, isn't it? The art of threes where you're only supposed to pick three pictures of your kids, three pictures of your puppy, three videos that you'll like.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, showing your buddy, y'all, look at this ten second TikTok clip is way different than hey, dude, watch just three minute Patriots video. I mean we're being overly critical. Of course, we are so very funny watching alone, right, showing your buddy. Maybe not? And the number one answer, Number one I think has to be the San Diego I mean Los Angeles Chargers. They did a SIMS version of their schedule, but when I tell you, they clowned on everyone. Literally week one, they're playing the Bronco of the Raiders and they cousin.
Speaker 2: They did it in SIMS cartoon form, animated form. They were able to get away with more.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made fun of Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey. They made fun of you. They turned the Raiders actually into clown. Yeah, they did a They made fun of Steelers and Justin Fields and Russell Wilson together, so you can just watch a second of it. They do this whole bit. They left all the other teams in the pool without a ladder, turning a Raiders fan into an actual clown for week one, the Steelers. Week three they have Russell Wilson and then Justin Field shows up too, and they're like, what.
Speaker 2: The hell see again pushing the envelope here? And I bet if you look back a lot of Easter eggs, there's Taylor Swift. Yeah, there's probably a lot of stuff we're missing. So Week three, I guess the chiefs.
Speaker 1: But I think one of the takeaways is that we live in a world where I guarantee today's the biggest day for all these social media directors that are either getting pats on the back or high fives or or did you do better if you're on these list of like worst ones or best ones. You don't think that's like pun intended the super Bowl for these social media people. Yeah, it's like it's a big deal. Like if everyone's saying, man, you know who sucked the Titans. The Titans social media director is being told today like what the fuck? Well, now, if you're the Patriot It's social media team or the Chargers today you're getting pats on the back, like you have good job, Johnson. I'll give you a Brent Rambo. You know Brent Rambo is get on the on the computer. Yeah, Chargers, you.
Speaker 2: Get the you get that because you pushed the envelope and I think you got away with more because you did it in cartoon form.
Speaker 1: I think someone should have incorporated Brent Rambo into their schedule release. I gave all of them pretty much a Brent Rambo. Imagine if they incorporated all the social media people over our life into into the release.
Speaker 2: Like, by the way, Brett Rambo's a famous gift nowadays. He's a little kid of spiky hair and he just gives the thumbs up, looks like Brian Buzzwer you've been seeing I see nowadays. It's been a gift for like fifteen years. All right, So that's your NFL schedule. It is a big deal. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's fun and excitement for the season to come. But I don't think the schedule matters all that much until you start well proving yourself, like as a contender, and then who are you playing down the stretch?
Speaker 1: You know what it's like, Buddy, It's like, uh, every year, Oh there's Brett Ramba. I'll tell chargers that give you that, I'll tell you what it's like, Buddy. You look at week nine Sunday or Monday night football now, much like your favorite nineties pop rock fan Toadwitz, Rocket, the NFL has good intentions. The intention is like, let's get the matchups that all the fans and people want to see. But what will happen is like last year with the Jets, they lose Aaron Rodgers or the Bronco stink when they thought they were gonna be good. And sometimes you can look at the schedule and say, dude, I can't week for Week eleven, it's gonna be Chiefs Bills. Probably know one of those teams shits the bed and it doesn't have that safe.
Speaker 2: The NFL does a great going it, yeah, and it usually does pan out to be like, wow, how did they do that?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: So hey, the NFL schedules are out football fans getting pumped, and you got to give the NFL credit to for again making these overboard and awesome, because you know, we're in the middle of the NBA playoffs. Yeah, all right, Baseball season's eating up. There's a big fight this weekend, fury Usik, and we're sitting here talking about the NFL.
Speaker 1: We're talking about we're talking about an actual schedule opposed to the actual sport exactly.
Speaker 2: That's amazing in itself. That's how crazy we are for the NFL for football here on the senior our show Fox Sports Radio in this Country.
Speaker 1: Now, we started talking about this earlier on today's Fox Sports Radio show, but we didn't get to dive into it enough. The announcer, Dan Hennessy Covino is a big fight fan, as you know. This is the guy that announced a woman's fight and he declared the wrong person victorious.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just a woman's fight. Let me explain briefly. Okay, this was a title fight and the champion, her name is Nina Hughes, was fighting challenger Cherika Johnson, who's from Australia. So the hometown woman fights her heart out and earns the belt. The announcers Joe Tessitur, Timothy Bradley, everybody at home, everybody knew that. Wow, Trinika Johnson just upset the champion and she's gonna win the belt in her hometown in Australia.
Speaker 1: So this is gonna be a wonderful moment. This is cool as what the crowd came here to see.
Speaker 2: Right, And this guy, Lieutenant Dan Hennessy, already flumped earlier.
Speaker 1: In the night. You already missed something up earlier and you hear the reference, he read the scorecards incorrectly.
Speaker 2: Yes, and when he announces the bantamweight championship title belt, he just messes up the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Na Tomorrow, who had that ninety eight ninety two scorecard, will be the referee for Womachenko five ninety five, Chile scores a competition ninety six ninety four.
Speaker 3: Don Gamora ninety eight ninety two for your winner, Barber Jority.
Speaker 1: Fighting out of the carter? Is this guy real? Wow? Is this guy Lieutenant Dan Hennessy for real?
Speaker 2: So he announces Nina Hughes the winner, only to come back and about a minute later to be like wait, and he doesn't even say I messed up, He just redoes it. The announcers are confused, everybody at home is confused. I'm like, wait, what just happened? And then he says, no, my bad. Basically, Trinika Johnson, who you came here to see she won?
Speaker 1: I ruined the moment.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It's a Steve Harvey, a Warren baby at the oscars. There have been people that have messed up. But the follow up story.
Speaker 2: No, please don't fast forward yet. Okay, what you didn't hear there is Joe Testitur tear him a new as who he Testa tore him up. It was absurd the way he got into Dan Hannah see and and even Timothy Bradley's like, Yo, I'm dead what just happened? That's crazy? Yo, what's going on here is ridiculous. He basically said, what sort of what sort of ridiculous moment is? It was his amateur get this guy out here? Where's James Lennon Jr. Yeah, where's Michael Buffer or one of my favorites, Joe A. Martinez? You know why this dude he ruined the moment and Testitur didn't hold back at all, And that led into a lot of other criticism from other people on social media. And then we got the update that boxing announcer Dan Hennessy retires after naming the wrong winner. No longer the world's punching bag. So he put out a public statement and release that he's retired. He's done because he was getting destroyed. And again I'm not saying Testa Tour is wrong, but he opened up the floodgates when he didn't hold back in that moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's no longer the world's punching bag. He thanks everyone for their support, but the backlash was too much, so he said, you know what, I messed up. I'm out, I retire, I'm done.
Speaker 2: So the announcer throughout a sudden sort of announcement, and that leads us to other times people knew.
Speaker 1: When to walk away and admit it, well it's over. I don't know if they knew it took away, because some of these are awkward, like let's let's get right into it. Let's let's say, uh, Antonio Brown. I know it wasn't that long ago, but I think we forget sometimes. How embarrassing. Remember he just took his jersey off and sort of like dancing through the end zone. He's like, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Remember what did but again left with that same feeling of confusion, like WHOA.
Speaker 1: What happened here? I look at Mike Evans trying to be like, dude, don't do it. What's going on? Took off his stuff and remember he started like doing jumping jacks of the m zone.
Speaker 2: There's that fine line of you know, going out on your own terms and being an embarrassment, and here's a little bit of both. Actually, So Yeah, ab that was a weird one. He just called it quits right then and there.
Speaker 1: Oh so odd. But I remember thinking there's no coming back from that. That's it. That's what Tonio bro with his uniform. We are told the middle of a game, Wow, running out of the field. Talk about distracting damn. You know. It also comes to mind football wise. I believe it was Vontae Davis on the Buffalo Bills. He retired at halftime. Remember, He's like, I just don't got it anymore. In fact, I just have the fighting guts. I'm not going out in the second half. I'm done and he and he just retired at halftime.
Speaker 2: Again, you know, just sort of trying to hold on to some dignity, I guess, and knowing when to say when, or just having a realization.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on in that moment. You have audio of one of his teammates. Was it a Lorenzo Alexander Take a listen to this. This is him talking about Vonte Davis. Have you seen anything like that? And you're never seen it ever?
Speaker 4: Pop Warner high school college pros, never heard of and never seen it, And it's just completely disrespectful to his teammates. Did he say anything to you, Ain't said nothing to nobody he left?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know as.
Speaker 4: Much as I know, I know, I found out going in the second half.
Speaker 1: Of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know what, some people like everybody's different, right. Some people get married and they find that person. Other people are like, when you know, you know, trust me, when you know you know. Maybe some people hit a point and it's not like they planned it out that way when.
Speaker 1: They knew, they just knew.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to figure it out and understand it myself. But another one that comes to mind for me, and there's an explanation to it, is the classic Roberto Duran calling it quits against sugar Ain Leonard with the no moss. Was it really just he was like, I've had enough, right, he had enough of sugar Ain Leonard clowning him around. He was a rageful, prideful guy and he was being clowned around by an annoying sugary Leonard suy Lap just an annoying fighter, and he was getting to a menta He's like, this guy doesn't want to fight, Yeah, quit a fight and hands of stone right there got so much criticism till this day, and he still says though he never said no muss, that just became the story.
Speaker 1: No more, I'm done. Let me throw one more at you. I know this is your favorite one.
Speaker 2: This is my because you know why, Rich This is often how I feel when I'm socializing, when I'm out in about. It could be a company party, could be a gathering, little get together, someone's birthday party.
Speaker 1: I'm having fun.
Speaker 2: I'm in the moment, but something hits me like that it's time, and I'm like, yeah, it's you know what, it's time. And I either pull an Irish exit or I call it a Mexican exit, or it's a BCORD dipway, or I do this.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like that, right in the middle of it first comes no reason. I'm done running, no reason.
Speaker 1: I just know my timeson was done.
Speaker 2: And I feel that way, and I I'll do whatever, Like I'll play some ica, the song will be on it like we're running in it, plays some air guitar, and just float my.
Speaker 1: Way out the door and just try to leave.
Speaker 2: No based on what you're saying before everyone sees me like tired or sleepy.
Speaker 1: Here bro Yeah, I'll see you guys later. I'm tired now that. See you guys over promises.
Speaker 2: This weekend, furyousic, enjoy the fights. See you in the over promised land.
Speaker 1: He was done.