Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. Bloomberg News earnings reporter Red Brown is adjoining us.
Speaker 3: Red. Before we get to his list, we just got to.
Speaker 1: Mention, Oh, I'm sorry, that's okay. I'm just so excited to see Red.
Speaker 3: I know we are, and I know Red's been looking at this, but you know he's going to give us some names. But we just got to mention that Meta is soaring in the aftermarket, up about eight nine percent here after topping projections for second quarter sales, giving us stronger than expected forecast for the current period. And they talked a lot about their advertising business still growing quickly. And then you've got of course Microsoft tim it's up more than seven percent.
Speaker 1: Cloud sales beat, and Azure cloud sales hit seventy five billion dollars for the first time.
Speaker 3: Now to the lovely Red Brown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I must be the only person that doesn't want to talk about tech herdings, right, but yeah, we will shift gears. I guess pretty pretty uh, rapidly.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: One of the stocks on my radars Generac. They don't do anything with tech. They make well, actually, maybe that's not true. They make they make generator.
Speaker 1: They do electricity. They need electricity to run that tech.
Speaker 4: Apparently you need electricity to run a lot of data centers.
Speaker 3: So our editorial team, could you come in here and talk to red off the rails.
Speaker 4: The company's doing really well and partially because of the demand that's coming from data center companies who are like they need diesel generators to just as a backup. So apparently the company received one hundred and fifty million dollars worth of sales from just those customers alone this year, and management also set effecting to see more of that coming in. So I think, you know, thinking about like data center plays like Texas, which there's like really high profile grid miildowns during from like a dusting of snow.
Speaker 1: So like I think, as Pennsylvanian says, right right with a laugh.
Speaker 3: So, but I think about this with climate change and like how hot it's been and man if our power went out, like I would want a generator.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well they do. So so I read as you're talking about there's residential product sales right, which were up, and then also commercial and industrial sales which were up more than five percent.
Speaker 4: Right, and and all of their end markers are doing really well. To your point, Tim, residentials up seven percent last quarter. Before that, they were growing like at high double digits for for a few quarters prior to that. So yeah, I think a good Christmas present, maybe totally.
Speaker 3: And just so you know that we get you were on the same plane. We've got the CEO on on Monday at two forty pm.
Speaker 4: Very nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, so we're with you.
Speaker 1: Let's start gaming, because every time I walk by Carol's desk, she is just like you were playing games, which I don't even grank. Theft author is what she's playing? Is that what you're doing?
Speaker 3: Tell anyone?
Speaker 1: What's that first person friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's so many, There's so many afterwards. But those shares were up today off of strong earning results.
Speaker 1: Were trying electronic arts electronic.
Speaker 4: Art excuse me sorry, electronic arts tickers. EA, we're up as much as eight percent, whether that would have been their best performance since twenty twenty two, but you know, settled in around six percent. They company solid, solid booking rates beat expectations in the second quarter. They did have guidance that was a little bit lighter than than was expected, but it didn't really spook investors. I think meant probably the commentary about just the kind of the demand that they're expecting for some of their games that are gonna be coming out in the next couple of months, including their first person shooter Battlefield. So there you go, Carol, the game circle your calendar.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this.
Speaker 4: Compedy doing quite well and having some good success within its its sporting divisions as well.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.