Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Okay, who the two seed?
Speaker 3: The one seed was? What the two seeds to the Rockets? The Rockets go. You know, I can see the Rockets making them play for k D. I can see them making the play for Yannis.
Speaker 1: Would you rather go get Yo ni KD with that team.
Speaker 4: I already told you Whereyanna is going. I don't know why we continued to bring this conversation.
Speaker 1: Say in Miami, you go in to Miami.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what said? He going to Miami?
Speaker 3: Hey, Rio up, hold on before you go, Rio, can you explain the ojo how everybody can play for Pat?
Speaker 2: Everybody can't playing in in Miami.
Speaker 5: Everybody can't play for Pat. But I can see Yannis coming to Miami. But I don't think he will. I think I think he stays in Gonnaffee, you don't keep I think he stays.
Speaker 2: And but you know they're not gonna be no help for it better because.
Speaker 5: Dave ain't gonna get somebody, oh know who, they're gonna They're gonna figure out something there.
Speaker 2: You have no draft picks. Hold on, huh?
Speaker 1: And that even hurt, That definitely hurt.
Speaker 2: You think I play till twenty six?
Speaker 1: I don't know who they're gonna get it.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's nobody that's gonna make a difference.
Speaker 2: It's still gonna be a first round exit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that ain't gonna happen. He ain't gonna wait, No know where he goes. That ain't gonna happen. Even can go to Miami. He's not gonna win there.
Speaker 2: What if he go to What about Golden State?
Speaker 1: Are you're keeping Jimmy and you get rid of Jimmy?
Speaker 3: I think you're gonna have to get you know where you can keep him step and Jimmy and Draymond because Draymond is doing an extension because Draymond was all deep, all the first team off defense, so he's doing for a matt And yeah, if you do that, well Max is only twenty five thirty million for him, it's not over the top.
Speaker 1: But if you do that, you get rid of Jenny.
Speaker 5: That takes away all your all your offense, all what Golden State is known for, from the Slash Brothers to the Shoe And there's no more shooting there. So now what are we scared the gold States? Well, we just put everybody on steps. Hey, y'all got to shoot toos well, we're still shooting one hundred and threes again, Okay.
Speaker 2: Put everybody on.
Speaker 3: Steffen and John is putting his head down here, gonna get thirty thirteen and six or.
Speaker 1: Night and we're gonna come down shoot sixty three. Is who's gonna win?
Speaker 2: I like STEFP. I mean, look, I'm trying to Could he go to Houston? I like you?
Speaker 5: I like you with you Houston too. I definitely like Hoston. I think that'd be his best better be in Houston or I can say, Miam, I'm not gonna disagree.
Speaker 2: Yea, thank thank you.
Speaker 1: I am Benny Malla. He wrote, gotta be a hell of a team.
Speaker 2: Let me show question. Are you are you selling him? Brick?
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you trade? Brickle? You are trading South Beach? What the hell you trained for him? Because I don't want those pieces that that's not Bam and that's not Tyler.
Speaker 2: He wrote, you didn't tell me what the hell you trade?
Speaker 5: He don't want a discrenealed superstar that could reave in free agency either.
Speaker 2: How many more years Johannie's got too? Hey, what'd you say? They trained? Southeast? Something? Eating rock.
Speaker 1: The file over some part of myns gotta go.
Speaker 3: Because when you look at it real, the only two assets that that somebody really won't is Bam and Tyler.
Speaker 2: Hey, that was that was funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was funny, But you don't want a Disgrendel superstar I see being mad.
Speaker 3: Then Oh look I got first of all, I got this man right for the next two years. He had a player option twenty seven to twenty eight, so I got him for two years. I'm not giving him away.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Sometimes Rio, I'll be by. I want to sell something, but I'm not looking. I know the value of this car. Manin' man, you ain't even driving it. Don't worry about it. I'm driving right back in the garage. I backed it out so your punk ass can see it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: If you're not gonna give me what I want for, I'm driving right back into the garage and you get your ass out by ya.
Speaker 1: Wait, your talent. They ain't gonna be bad because they know I know health. You already got rid of his brother, Dame Hurt, Chris Middleton gone.
Speaker 2: Now he was hurt, so we weren't gonna pay him. Now he healthy. We bringing back a good luck with that.
Speaker 1: Let's see how long they last.
Speaker 3: We're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna bring it back. We're gonna bring it back. So uh uh yeah, it's just for me. I'm looking at the places where he can go. Rio that have the assets. Brooklyn has the assets. As far as draft picks, they don't have any young talent that I think, you know.
Speaker 2: Walkee would want.
Speaker 3: Okay, see got the draft picks and they got the talent, But I don't think Sam Preston's gonna want a message messag or with either one of them.
Speaker 2: Houston have the talent and the draft picks.
Speaker 3: The question is, and that's for Gianni's or k D because you got Shung Goon, who's an All NBA selection. Uh he's an All Star. I'm not getting I'm not letting and Thompson go Jabari from JR.
Speaker 2: Okay didn't here draft picks Okay.
Speaker 3: Yaht goo they got they got Smith got thoms would have let Thompson. Oh yeah, Joe Jayla gre yes, Jayalen Greed, Yes, yes, yes, yes for KD or Joannis, Yes, I would package Jason.
Speaker 5: I can see that happened because you're still building around what you got a nice course and you.
Speaker 3: Still got Jannis and you still got KD. I'm keeping I gotta keep van Fleet for the civil fact. I need, I need a point guard.
Speaker 1: Now you go live. I'm KAD Young like, okay, see.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think Sam. First of all, I don't know. I don't know the relationship with Sam and k KD. What you hear is that Sam was more favorable towards Russ than KD. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but you know you hear, uh he left.
Speaker 2: And I'm not I'm not missing up my core. I'm not. I'm not. I'm not real.
Speaker 5: I think Russ back there just because as a free agency stuff. So I definitely see Russ being back at OKAYC for next year, especially just signed that.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm talking about KD. You talking about you talking about k D.
Speaker 5: I know what I'm talking about KD. But I'm saying I definitely see Rust going back. When he brought up Rust and Sam Presley, I definitely see him going back. But if I'm KD, I will look at the OKC situation. If I'm Pressy, I don't think I would say here. If I'm KD, I'm like, yeah, I just go there be stot up shooting less shade.
Speaker 2: That's the case. Go back to Golden State.
Speaker 1: They don't have it though they don't have enough. You don't think he he is Steph. You're gonna get rid of Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would get get rid of Jimmy for KD.
Speaker 1: I'm running the back with Jimmy.
Speaker 5: Just because Jimmy brings a lot all around to the game and it makes it easier for Steph in that aspect.
Speaker 1: Kenny, you're gonna have to cry more shots for KD with his move.
Speaker 5: You don't need that many, but he don't need something. Who's gonna be who gonna be the person to create a shot? Create a shot for him?
Speaker 1: Or hen KD?
Speaker 5: Going one on one at thirty five, thirty six years old?
Speaker 2: He good?
Speaker 3: Uh, well, couse, y'all go because they still worried about Stephn. But then and Draymond, Hey, Draymond gonna be fined, they'd be good. I keep coming now now, but I don't know if you can keep kaminga because somebody don't want to coma.
Speaker 1: Don't Cominare not messing with Colonel Morning. He's so far gone. Comedian might be down here southeastball whatever.
Speaker 2: He already he already out.
Speaker 1: He packed up his lock and everything. He out of it. He ain't think about it.
Speaker 3: Was kind of like we used to do real we once we realized we weren't making the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Man last last week or so, I was living in the hotel.
Speaker 1: I packed a little by little.
Speaker 3: Then he nah, you're good. I live, I live, I live week the week in the hotel. I think that's locked me into a six extra six monthing. SA ain't one day or no, I'm cool. So if you had, if you had the handicap, where do you think, Kate? Where do you think Katie ends up? What do you what do you think Jannis ends up?
Speaker 1: Ad?
Speaker 5: I think he goes to Houston Johanna's I think Yanna stays on the East coach. I think Yanna stayed somewhere. I'm Miami, ah baby in New York.
Speaker 1: Maybe the Knicks.
Speaker 5: Brooklyn would be tough, just because they would have to rebuild everything around him. They don't really have the team.
Speaker 3: But they got the draft picks. They just don't have to play. He worked, I mean, he works out. He might stand here walking thinking about.
Speaker 1: Brooklyn, but I can see him going to the Knicks and he end up over there.
Speaker 3: Wow, what what you're gonna So you're gonna let what You're gonna let go. You're gonna let cat go. You're gonna let o g go? I mean what you letting go?
Speaker 5: Fannas, I'm glad, Oh g go Machl Bridges, Uh, Mitchell Robertson, Uh, who else?
Speaker 3: Anybody except you ain't got no draft You ain't got no draft picks because you gave up four draft picks to get Michael Bridges.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: So you ain't got no draft capital, that's okay. All you got to play, that's okay.
Speaker 1: We'll give her them four players. We'll be alright, three of them, four players will get We'll be all right.
Speaker 2: Now, Yo, you you just gutted your depth.
Speaker 1: That's okay. We're trying to win.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Well, Gianna's Gianna's Brunson a cat. That's a that's a hell of the big three. That's a that's a big line up behind Brunson. Now, you ain't gota do this. Find some shooters, some knockdown shooters. You go get a person like what is You're gonna get a person like Cam Johnson. Maybe find something, find some way, will find somebody that that's a Duncan Robinson, maybe somebody that's out there that can just help spread the floor. That's all you need when you got those three guys, because your offense gonna go through them.
Speaker 3: Well, considering that a cat would like to be at the three point line, they don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he'll be.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 2: Is gonna need that space, y'all that space to get down.
Speaker 1: In the post and then let him work work through the post.
Speaker 3: Are are you afraid? Because you know what, the Bronson has a very high usage. Yannis has a usage. Are you concerned that the uhh, Yannis needs the ball? Brunton needs the ball both or most effective when they have the ball in their hands.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like they can work that out. They can figure that out because it's just them too. There's nobody else really handing the ball. Cat don't need to handle the ball. He just need to cancer his sweet spot.
Speaker 5: So now, when when bruston taking his break, you got Giannis handling the ball. When Giannie is taking his break, he got brust And handling the ball up to the fourth quarter. The first time I got both of them, y'all is getting the redound, pushing it, brust and goes spot up, brusting get the redown. Yanna's taking down or he's in the paint. Now you got three or four people helping him. Brusse and pulling up for three. So it's ways to figure it out. It's just like le Bron and d Wayne played together. It's ways to figure out when you got two ball handlers and then just the two ball handlers.
Speaker 3: Real making sound so simple, Dune, It is simple. I tried to listen. I tried to explain. It ain't simple, Joe. It's not as simple because I saw about got too ass.
Speaker 1: All about buying you want to win. That's he just explained it to you.
Speaker 2: He just he gave you a few examples of people that have done it in the past.
Speaker 3: You know, but but you but you didn't hear what he said. He says it's all about Biden. And it's a lot easier to say it if you ought to do what I cant.
Speaker 5: Right Withers be talking about We talked about Dayalen Brust and we got talking about Gianna's two players that are going to Biden.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody, I remember everybody. It don't matter what I do with the Olympic team. Moments we bring the gold medal. Now we've had two guys to come out and say they was upset about what they playing time, right the Biden in that you just said, buy it in.
Speaker 2: It's completely different. This is the y'all bason because there's only two players. It's only two pen with only two players.
Speaker 5: I mean one of them had read look at the five that was starting, that had a reason.
Speaker 1: Just because of the season that he had just came off of. So I understand his complaint. But at the same time, he wasn't.
Speaker 3: Better than nobody playing in front of him. Hey, he said I was better at the holiday and Derrick White that was playing in the front.
Speaker 1: You don't bring one thing brought to the game. Well needs you to score, I wouldn't need you to score. We need you gonna play the defense.
Speaker 2: I to play defense. How to play defense?
Speaker 1: I would will need you to do that.
Speaker 2: So you telling me what I'm gonna do, I'm telling you I'm trying to buy in.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna buy in. I'm buying coach, And they told you what you wouldn't do. All of them, all of them.
Speaker 3: Hey, it is, but it's a lot easier said it done. We just seen a lot of guys on your Oh man, I just want to win. No, you want to win and get your thirty. You want to win and get your eight for one fifty two touchdowns. That's the way you. Joannis has now more First Team All NBA selections than Kevin Durant. Yannis has seven, KD has six. What more does Y'aannis need to do to pass KD all time?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's possible. Really, I don't think it's possible.
Speaker 5: Just because I look at Kat's skill set and like, there's nobody gonna be a skill set as KD orhether the ball handling better to shoot the ball, better get to the spots he's gonna get to.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's.
Speaker 5: Gonna be another Greek freak either, but Giannis in the office, the game is not polishing.
Speaker 1: Enuugh like Kd's for him to be better than KD.
Speaker 2: So you just look at aesthetically.
Speaker 5: I'm just looking at that. When I look at somebody, I say who's better than somebody? I look at him in a one on one match up and see who would dominate now one on one matchup to the game to five, and I think k D would get Jannis five four or five three.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just got them figured just offensively better.
Speaker 2: Wow, what happened if Joanna gives the ball first.
Speaker 1: Same thing.
Speaker 5: I think KAT still figured out out the way. I think KDE gets to stop before one on one because Giannis is all downhill. Now we're playing three or four exactly, So k playing three or four dribbles downhill?
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I'm saying, we're playing you got a table to rule?
Speaker 1: Yeah, players play.
Speaker 5: We played one on one three or four dribbles max. So in that type of setting, I'm not taking Giannis over KD. I'm not taking too many people over KD in that type of sety okay.
Speaker 3: Joannis has five first team All Defensive four First team. KAT has none. KD has does have two finals MVP. Janni's has one.
Speaker 2: It's huh.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, Joanna's has two regular season m vps. KD has one. That's gonna be very that's gonna be very interesting. That's gonna be interesting when their career.
Speaker 5: He's gonna have a hand of a career like that's that's the thing, but it's still you're not better than KD.
Speaker 3: I think I think, you know what, I think a lot of that has to do with aesthetically, because we like guys that can handle the ball, shoot flashy. I mean, there's nothing like really Johanna's game is really like old school, like seven, you know, just trying to get down he'll post. I mean he's still I mean, you know, three point, he doesn't shoot that well. He ain't really got no meny ranges post. It's not great. He's basically getting downhill, laying the ball up, you filing, or he's spending in dunktible that's yo, honest, it's still hard to stop because he's averaging thirty six of the damn floor.
Speaker 2: So it's still hard to say.
Speaker 7: It's just not as it's.
Speaker 2: Just not as pleasing to the I is what we watch KD do.
Speaker 4: And you're comparing two different players and two different skill sets all together, and at that point, regardless of accolades and what they accomplished on their resume, it depends on It's all on preference at that point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see that. I see that. It's uh, it's but whose impact, Who's impacted the game more. Oh ship, that's damn they're the same almost. Huh.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: That's tough one right there, because let me ask you this. If I take if I take KD out.
Speaker 3: And put Giannis in there with Clay Stephen Draymonds, do you still believe they win the NBA Championships.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I don't think about the sport of the aspect for you.
Speaker 5: I still give it to him because then that way you take and you Donald doesn't have to guard Brown by himself. Now you got two or three bodies that can guard Brown, and that's gonna be a little bit different.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I still give it to go to the state.
Speaker 3: Now, if I take KD and I put him on Milwaukee the year they wanted the wire, they wanted to beat Phoenix, you think they still win the championship with k D and Joannis out.
Speaker 1: I mean, they barely got past Brooklyn. So I don't want to be there, I think so.
Speaker 5: I definitely think so Kayd if he just stept on that line, Milwaukee don't win that championship.
Speaker 3: That's that's gonna be when it's all said done, that's gonna be a very interesting conversation. That's gonna be a very very interesting conversation to have because they are so metrically different. Uhh, nothing about one's game reminds you of the other. One is as you said, Rio is one of the most skilled players, one of the five most skilled players that we've probably ever seen with this size, being seven foot tall, being able to handle the ball. He can shoot the three. He can got, he got the mini, he got the heavy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He can fit get to the rim, he can fit free throws. He's an eighty eight eighty nine percent free throw. So he's he's as good as skilled. Because guys that side, they normally play center. They played it back to the basket. We ain't see no guy you and Dirk can shoot the ball. Dirk was not putting it on the ball, going between his leg, going between hind his back doing what Kd's He just wasn't doing it. I mean, Dirk had that Dirk patted that that one leg step back. He's shooting it. It's gonna draw rain. But at skill you, I don't know if you're ever gonna see a guy at his size it's skilled as KD.
Speaker 2: His ability because just for his ability to shoot.
Speaker 1: The right and I show that one.
Speaker 3: Seams is predicting that Lebron Lebron's next season the NBA will be his last, which will be a poetic end to number twenty three. You're twenty three for number twenty three. They have they All Star weekend in Los Angeles. So to me, it's a very storybook if that's the way it goes. But that's a decision he's gotta make real. You just watch the man in your twenty twos make second team all the NBA. If you the made first team, I don't think anybody's mad if you put him in over Donovan. Mitchell, Donovan got in blessed. He averaged twenty four, eight and eight. He doesn't really have to do the heavy lifting anymore because of Luca, So he's He and ar are still there. So now you put him in the dunker spot, you let him play off the ball, He's still gonna be in the twenty points. How long what do you think Lebron wants to play? How long is he going to play?
Speaker 5: I'm always saying he was gonna play till Bryce got the lady. So when Brady goes to Arizona next year.
Speaker 2: That'll be your twenty three. So in order for him to play.
Speaker 5: With Bryce, he's gotta be forty twenty four, So I give him twenty four to twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you get twenty four, you got a BTh you might It's like, I ain't worried about nobody getting twenty five years.
Speaker 1: And then if you get the twenty five, as we'll get thirty, nobody can hold up. So I suld say.
Speaker 2: You might want to keep twenty three.
Speaker 3: That'll be forty one, twenty four, that'll be forty two, twenty five, that'll be forty three. That's the same as Tom Brady was when he retired twenty you know, twenty five years in profession. That's that's that's legit. That's a long man. You're a dark or lawyer, you get that many time, or you're to day of Miller, right exactly. So is not only not only to play that long, but to be I'm at that long, to play at that level need be consistent.
Speaker 2: It would be one of the best. The average twenty four points a game in year twenty two.
Speaker 3: There are some guys that didn't average twenty four points for a career. There are some guys that didn't didn't I mean never had a season in which they average twenty four. This guy's in year twenty two doing that right when you look, really when you when you look at it, look been around the game, Your dad coached the game. So you've been around basketball all your life. What do you think is the most impressive thing that you let what Lebron is doing? Is it the year twenty two? Is it the ability to go out there and still give you average twenty four, to go out there and give you a game where he can give you thirty average? You know for a week, give you thirty straight, go get you forty? What do you think is the most impressive thing at this juncture?
Speaker 2: We look all all the twenty one time first Team.
Speaker 3: All NBA, twenty one times All Star with so we get all that, but I'm talking about what your witnessing now. What do you think the most impressive thing that you see it? And you you was within him for four years. You watched him every single day, come in, get shots up, run cold tub massage that you saw it all real.
Speaker 2: What do you think the most impressive thing that Lebron is doing currently?
Speaker 5: I always said that the way he takes care of his body, the way he paid attention to his treatment and stay on schedule with that. That that attests to his longevity and never really been heard or having a major injury. So just the way his body is helding up, like his skill set is gonna be a skill set. He puts the work in. You see him putting the work in after games or after practice. He's always a last one shooting or someone getting up shots or working on different moves. So the way what he puts into the game is when he gets out, and also what he puts into his body.
Speaker 1: Is when he's getting out of his body.
Speaker 5: So to me, it's just the longevity of you know, being that consensitive, no injuries, no major injuries, bouncing back and still being healthy enough to do what you do in and do every day.
Speaker 3: You was with him, Lebron got there, so you was there, You was within eleven, twelve, thirteen four. Did you have when you was there with him, did you have any idea that Lebron James would still be playing twelve years later?
Speaker 5: No, live did just because like I tell people this all the time, Bron would really get treatment if he was in the club, like he was literally half something on his knees or something on his back inside the club.
Speaker 1: So it's like when somebody's doing that, like that's real dedication just to be in the club with treatment ice stayed team or whatever.
Speaker 2: You say.
Speaker 7: Hello, real, this may got ice bag like the Simmer Shame where it's like shooting electric light or electric electricity and knees and stuff like that, just hamstrings, like lower back, like he always got something that's recovery, making his body recover.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing.
Speaker 5: It's like once you see that, like that's a different type of dedication, Like I'm not I had to take my hat to that one.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, all right, real, we're gonna get you out on this one.
Speaker 3: The Big The Big Three Season eight TIMPs off June fourteenth, live on CBS, Vice TV at iHeartRadio. Your team Miami three five will face off against Nick Young and dwighte howse l a Riot.
Speaker 2: For the first game of the season.
Speaker 3: Tickets are available now at the Big three dot Com slash tickets. That's Big three dot Com slash ticket. Who's on your hold on? You and Beasley, You and b B.
Speaker 2: And last.
Speaker 1: And Sean Williams.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, y'all don't need no extra body, no extra Leser.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 5: We always use some BacT your bodies, but you know, I think we gotta pretty much take care of this year.
Speaker 2: You know, we were hungry.
Speaker 1: We got something to proving.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, Joe say Joe SI the Detroit team, Joe and Pargo, they say, hey, man, you know so Joe that's he he Taylor made for the Big Three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he got to deal with the m v P. That's a we got on our team so easy. So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Hey Mario, Hey, y'all, y'all, y'all, did the crew y'all down here at the crib.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got right now.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, y'all practice, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: Uh we did at um.
Speaker 5: Sometimes we're up there today. It just depends what time the trainer to get there, but we usually.
Speaker 1: Be at U.
Speaker 2: M Oh shoot, I'm coming tomorrow. Well, coming that down. I may have y'all on y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all, y'all, y'all, y'alling, nobody, Hey, real man, thanks for joining us. We really really appreciate you taking time if the schedule. We know you busy, got a lot going on, but to take time out to help us break down this game and talk about all things NBA. We greatly appreciate it. When you're not too busy, stop back by again. After the Lakers got bounced, JJ Reddick emphasized that the team he need to be in championship shape shape. While he didn't mention names, many took the comments of the clear message to Luca.
Speaker 2: Well. Weeks later, Luca made a significant public appearance.
Speaker 1: Uh uh.
Speaker 3: Luca made his first significant public appearance by attending Real Madrid's basketball game and posted these on I.
Speaker 2: G you think that's Ai Ai? That's what There's no way hell and he lost that weight that fast? And why the hell he ain't doing it during the season.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's that's what I'm paid. I don't I don't care what he looks like right now. I'm talking about when he comes back to play. That would he look like this when he comes back to play?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: Hell on?
Speaker 2: Hey you think jail? You think he took that Olympic.
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: Na, he ain't. No, don't the UK. I don't think you can take that to the NBA player. I have a question. Okay, you can't take that as an NBA player. Right? How many weeks they've been out, they've been out of season, what three two If that month ain't been that damn long for them to look like he ain't been that long for me to lose all that weight like that. He probably took that Olympic stuff. I'm telling you, man, you know what's crazy.
Speaker 3: Like I've watched him, Like when you watch him play with his national team, he always looks. Then he does then he comes back to the United States and it's like he's eating Yese rolls and positive. But the American food. I mean, you look at Europeans, they're not as big as Americans. It's up about the food. He eating a lot, you do. I mean if you go, if you go to Europe, you're not gonna see as many and you know people that that's a little heavier. You don't see a whole bunch of them is.
Speaker 2: So he's doing something. I don't know if it's now jail. You know this. Their bodies are gonna be their bodies. They're not gonna be sculpted.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna have albs, they're not gonna have caps on their shoulders, They're not gonna have that much.
Speaker 2: They all look alike. I've never seen a hero upe a player with muscles.
Speaker 3: You look at Yokic, you look at Luca, you look at Manu, you look at Zubos, you look at any international player. Tell Pep Sabonas, tell me the one you say, okay, caps on the shoulder, ripped up calves.
Speaker 2: That's why didn't look.
Speaker 3: There's only one that's Gianna's that I think is Deah. Y'all have got that Nigerian base. There's the difference. Uh, you know, my base is based and it's not. So he comes from the foundation that stock right, He's a little different than what uh the Europeans what y'all Luka and jokicch and Mannu and all those guys came out of But he looks good. But like I said, I don't worry about the guy right now. He ain't got to play for another four five months. I want to see him look like that when he comes back. Well, it's strange that he would say that, now if it wasn't a lot of truth to everything we heard coming out of Dallas. Yeah, and you know when you look at him, he got kinesio tape everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like he's not at twenty five now, I mean, not at twenty you should have Kenesio tape. You shouldn't be hey, put together like hey, like that, like my grandma coffee table when.
Speaker 2: We're growing up.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't look like that, you know what I'm saying. We had that black electenpan tape holding up everything.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He had Canisio tape at twenty three, twenty four, he's twenty six. Now I'm like, bro, why you need all that to hold you together? But you remember now he missed ninety one ninety two games the last two seasons. Yeah, all right, he's missed a lot of games at an early age. And you know it clearly, it's something behind When you let a talent like that leave at twenty five years old, it's a hell of a lot of things got to be happening behind the scenes, you know, to say, you know what, we're not even going after draft picks, you know we're not. We just want to go get you know, get get one player that basically a one for one, one for one and we and we ain't gonna have no more conversation. So that that said a lot, But you can see what Dallas trying to go with it. It's a risk he got him number one pick this year. We'll see how that turns out, you know, with the rest of the bigs. I do believe that they're gonna have to probably move some other some some pieces to bring on another piece. So you're not gonna have Kyrie to start, and hell, you probably want to have Kyrie the first half a season next year, exactly. I don't think Kyrie coming back to in January. Well, you know, he do a lot of He do a lot of meditating and a lot of you know. Yeah, I mean it's easy on him. He got a torn a cl and it's not like it's a big man that you got to get up and down.
Speaker 2: Kyrie is stanframed. I mean theoretically he could.
Speaker 3: I mean it could be seven months because when he teared that he towards me in what late March, Yeah, April, May, June, July, all the September, October, November, December. Yeah, I see him probably coming back late December, by the early early January jail. Yeah, he hadn't been been we think about it, he hadn't been a player that would rush back anyway. Nope, right in his career. So he's gonna make sure he's ready to go. But again, when he's right, he's one of the best old spectacular.
Speaker 2: What do you think the Lakers need to do? What if they're big?
Speaker 3: If there's somebody you think the Lakers can get or should get in order to give them a great opportunity to compete for a title, because at this point in time, I mean, that's all Lebron is.
Speaker 2: Really playing for.
Speaker 3: Here's here's my question is can the Lakers be the Lakers with Lebron having the ball in his hand at a lesser level?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Can you know, and even with Joki I mean you, I mean with Luca, Yeah, can you have a third person that can take some of the pressure off of those two?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Because the thing the problem is when those two have the ball in the head the majority of the time. And obviously Lebron is a different monster. You know, he can make things having to get downhill, but the ball does stop m hm. And so can you have somebody else that make life easier for those two?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Because Lebron is forty plus years old, right, He's not gonna be to He's not gonna be ab to carry the load like he's typically carried, even though he can still go for you know, thirty or forty, but you're gonna need you gonna need a third person that can.
Speaker 2: Really make things easier.
Speaker 3: And I'm not sure how they do it with the cat issues that they have, but we'll see. But I don't think they have enough right now. I think they're gonna be seven eighth ninety playing you know type of deal and then don't make a move. Oh, they got to make a move. I think the thing is, first of all, this is what we know. Lebron is better without the ball than Luca. Luca cannot play off the ball. Lebron can play off the ball because you're not putting Luca in the dunker spot. You're not gonna do there are certain things you're not gonna do.
Speaker 2: And prior to this.
Speaker 3: Playoffs, Austin Reeves was that guy that gave him a break because we saw Austin Reeves go get forty against Indiana and without Luca and Lebron.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what happened. The report saw that he had an injury.
Speaker 3: He got nicked at some point in time late in the season, or maybe got nicked in that playoff series, and he wasn't as as impactful as he needed to beat.
Speaker 2: I thought they had an opportunity in game what was that was that? Game three? Yeah? Game three?
Speaker 3: But he ended up playing Lebron them forty six minutes and he just wore them out. You got to get bro, you played. First of all, Lebron had already played like forty one minutes in game two, and then you turn around in burning forty six in game three. You've got Look, I don't care what forty year old he cannot. Yeah, there ain't been a forty year old created that could play four in a playoff game after coming off a forty one minute. But that's what that's so Phoenix had that idea of that third person bring being Bradley Bill. Obviously Brad Bradley Bill hadn't been healthy. But I'm talking about an impact player, you know, coming in and supposedly having that that level of impact on the team where those guys you know, helped maybe Brian be able to take a couple one nce off, right, Yeah, that impactful. I just think you know, right now, it's only downhill now because Brian is putting up so many significant numbers from perspective of just scoring having to score assists, rebound, set the table to turn the bus on, you know, feed the key.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still twenty four eight to eight.
Speaker 3: But the problem is they need a big because you can't start Rudy at the five and le Broad at the four, or brought it to five and Rudy at the four, because you see Rudy Gobert look like Shaq twenty seven and twenty four.
Speaker 2: You can't. They're they're just too small.
Speaker 3: Jackson Hayes, you can only I mean, for whatever reason, JJ's like, hell, the hell with it, Jackson, We're not gonna even play you in game five. And he only played marginal minutes in game four. So with that being said, I thought that Mark Williams. I don't know why they they nullified the trade, but I thought he would have been a big addition for the jail because they need a big. Luca leaves a law threat. If you go back and look studying Luca, look at Luca. He's his best when he has a.
Speaker 2: Law of thread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm gonna tell you right now, man, like I don't know, I don't know why the NBA is getting away from the veteran stuff.
Speaker 2: You got a guy like I didn't use Dwight Hollard.
Speaker 3: He always seemed to be in shade, you know, looking for guy to get rebounds, block shots and defending. And he did a better job against Rudy Gobert than Jackson Hayes or anybody else did.
Speaker 2: One, per right.
Speaker 3: I just think it's a bigger body, too, bigger body, right, And he's and he's a savvy veteran. He's been one of one of the best defenders you know, all the time to come down to protecting that room and rebound the basketball. But you know, again, most teams don't seem to want to go get better than players. And I'm not sure you know, the NBA needs to needs to put in a rule right now because if you want the product. When you talk about the issues with people watching the NBA and and you know, and and the you know, ratings going down, it's because you got the young lead and the young right, so you don't have you know, you don't you don't even have to have.
Speaker 2: You can take a role of a player coach role, right and take that off off the cap. You know, the NBA can do anything, right, if you get the union, they can make it work.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: People in place that helps develop, you know, and you got you look at Jackson Hayes and they had another they signed another, uh alex linn alex Lynn. Right, Yes, he should be the he should be the tallest high school or college coach next year. But this is what I'm saying, That's what I'm saying. If you have they just call it the White Hour. Just use him for example. Right, Yes, you have somebody in there mentoring this these these young boys and and and getting them and helping them understand the importance of everything they do.
Speaker 2: Or so then you in a better situation. Are you not saying you got to go pay him five million dollars?
Speaker 3: But just you know, just don't don't don't put a vetteran on on on on uh, keep him off the team because you have to pay him a little bit more because he's a veteran.
Speaker 2: Just creator or Jabil McGhee, Jabel McGee was available. That's what I'm saying. But why not? I mean, so is the NBA doing similar to what the NFL is doing?
Speaker 1: Also?
Speaker 2: On Yeah, they really going young? Yeah, going young and doing away.
Speaker 3: With all the veterans outside of quarterback, a specific quarterback that is still good opportunity to play regards of age.
Speaker 2: But like the NFL, the NFL, a NBA, Yeah, because you know the metal over a certain number of years is a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, you get a guy right out of college or first you're gouty paying three hundred four hundred thousand, say six what's but what's six hundred thousand when.
Speaker 2: You bring it? When you get when you're making three hundred million? Right? I get that. Well, I guess the question of basketball, I mean is you know, do you do you really want to win? I mean doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, most of most of them, you know you Basketball's not like football where you have historical you know, families that's involved with these teams, right, Basketball is not that, right. Matter the fact, the majority of the NBA now is new ownership. Right, and so from a perspective, you know, what is it that? What is the real purpose?
Speaker 2: Right? Is it?
Speaker 3: You know, invest into you know, invest into a team, let the value grow and then sometime down the road, sell it, get up off it, right, Yeah, Because that's that's the difference. Because if you look at the NFL, a lot of these a lot of these own now some of these owners now have other things. But for the longest time, uh j O and o jo, these were family runs business. These were modern pop shops. That's all they had. Now you look at guys teams, people that buy teams. Now that's not their number one business. That team is not their number one business. Yeah, the artisans that just bought the Dallas Mavericks, they're gambling, that's their number one business. You look at the guy that bought the Sacramento Kings. You look at Steve Barmer who bought the Clippers. That was not his number one business. Now that's what he does now. But he's worth a hundred billion, so he spent two So that's not what it is. Not like the NFL. It's not like the Hunts. Now the Hunts have other things, but it's a family. But for the most part, NBA is a lot now they're not family. The young these tech guys, these guys that made money investing in Silicon Valley and things like that, they're the one that's buying the team. They're not like, I don't know, I'm trying to think who's the oldest. So you're not gonna find somebody like the like the like Uh the mcclaskeys, the own the Bears. Her add Virginia mccassion, she just passed away her dad, George Tllis founded the Bears.
Speaker 2: Passed it down. You ain't gonna find that in the NBA.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna find the ruinies like the Steelers only since first nineteen thirty three. You're not gonna find that like the Marrows. When did the Giants? When did Dolan by the Kniggs? Was the Knicks down to him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: He had I think no, I think he had his dad that yeah, that's what he made it only one but he but yeah, he might have be no, what do you call him? Jemmie Buss, Her dad was seventy I think he brought the team in seventy nine, so he might be the longest thing.
Speaker 2: That was his dad, right, Yeah, he passed it down here.
Speaker 3: Brown U Yeah, but you know Jimmy had h Yeah, no Bengals, Mike Brown, he got passed.
Speaker 1: Down to his dad.
Speaker 2: You might earth say he took him from his for his dad. So they just passed passed it down.
Speaker 3: Now, these these tech people coming in there with four five six billion dollars and it's it's gone, you know, the Waltons just brought the Broncos. I mean, he's worth a hundred billion. What's what's a hundred's what's four billion to him? We just saw Josh Harris, he just bought. He just purchased the Commanders last year over six what six and a half billion? He also owned the seventy six ers. So it's not it's it's different, it's it's a different time now. But I agree with you, Jail. I think they should have a advance on the team to help these young guys understand and navigate their way through. I think they're doing a better job the pa of both pas of having guys understand money. Like, Bro, you're not not a doctor, you're not a lawyer. You're not gonna have a twenty year career, right The average year, the average career is about three and a half years.
Speaker 2: Three and a half. So even when you factor in.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady that played twenty three and in fact that Peyton Manning that played eighteen nineteen and Drew Rees and Rogers and all these guys, a lot of guys just playing one year, a lot of guys not even playing at all. So it comes with it, whittle it whittle it down to three and a half years. Yeah, bro, you're gonna be twenty five, and that's the job that you're probably gonna have for the next twenty years. It's not gonna be in the NBA, the MLB, or or you know, whatever the case may be, whatever the profession you're starting in, there's a good chance by the time you're twenty five, you're gonna have another job, and it's not gonna be a professional athlete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think too, man.
Speaker 3: You know, the football is obviously significantly different in basketball, right You guys draft for exact need, yes, and every pick is a value pick, right. I think sometimes right now in basketball, you know they're drafting, you know, best available, even though you might have you might draft the point guard and you got three already on the roster, right, and so you know, I think that's the difference in basketball, where you know, when you talk about those two or three years or four years, it's it's a changing of the guard happening in the NBA because you don't you don't get a lot of time, and if they send your ass down to the G League and you a lottery pick, not already telling you where you at and what do you think, dang, yep, jail, we will get you out of here on this. You're the head coach at Dynamic Prep High School in Irving, Texas. Max Prepp announced that Dynamic Prep finished number one in the final Top ten high school basketball ranking. Jao, when you were playing, did you know always knew you wanted to be a head coach? And what's that journey being like for you?
Speaker 2: Listen, brouh, I had no idea that I was coach. I was a head coach.
Speaker 3: To be honest, well, it's been, man, Honestly, it's been one of those things where to be complete, honest with you, man like I.
Speaker 2: You know, I was kind of dealing with some stuff.
Speaker 3: I was dealing my own personal issues when it came to you know, I had a little abandonment issue, you know, growing up. You know, I met my dad when I was thirty years old. He died thirteen months later. I was thirteen years into the NBA when that happens. So I've always struggled a little bit with this thing. And and then obviously after the deal happened in Detroit, I started, you know, I didn't I didn't love playing as much anymore. Okay, because of every day and so when I was done, I wanted to just go and be with kids. Okay, just give back what was given to me. I was fortunate enough when I was with a young boy at Xavier McDaniel start a little team in Columbia, South Carolina when gave back. Alex English had some cams I used to go to. So I just wanted to give, you know, give back to kids, man. And I just really put my head down and just started investing into the community that way. And it's been We've had an amazing run, you know, with the drive Nation the club. You know, we've had a bunch of lottery picks and first round picks and either second round picks over the last eight, you know, eight years, and you know, I feel like I needed to start a school, which is more of an impact because you get them five days a week versus you know, two or three days a week when it comes to club.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm energized about it. Honestly, I don't know how long I'm a coach. I'm a coaching next.
Speaker 3: Year, but I do believe that, you know, you have to give back if you have knowledge and ability to get back to your community. Man, you gotta give give you take those tools and give back to these young kids, none of these kids, but most important, these parents that don't quite understand what it is, you know when it comes down to the business of being a pro and approach it that you got to do every day to become a pro and not skip steps. And so that's the reason why you know, I do what I do, and that's why I started doing that. Amy prep what you just gotta be honest with him. Your son not gonna be Lebron James. He's not gonna be Steph He's not gonna be Michael George. Because you know, every everybody, every every parent think they kid is that kid. But you know what I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you the truth. Okay, for the first time ever, I have more parents talk about n I L than they talk about the prosal crazy. We got parents that are looking to retire off their kids going to college. And so when you look at the product, right, you get the product now and you know, when you're talking about the pros, the deterioration of it is happening at the youth level, right. And so now you got everybody in place running and go grab kids, and I got this so I can get you a deal. And so the parents are so their mind is so so so so frazzled, that can't think appropriately. So they making decisions based off the economics of what they're hearing, not knowing that that that that true, that true money percent is right two percent anyway getting the money everybody ain't getting ain't getting all right, right, yes, And so that's the thing where we try to we try to bring some some real positive information and tools and attach your day to day with what you say you're trying to get to, right, And so for us, our job is to continue to invest into the community to show people, hey, look man, this is about the work. If you do think about oh Joe oh, when you guys coming through, you wasn't worried about where you're gonna where's gonna be chosen, right because you was good. Yeah, I was already chosen, right, That's what I'm saying. So, yeah, we weren't about the reps and the work that we got to put in. I absolutely making no All Star game or getting picked for this or getting picked for that. So that was coming no matter what I just got to figure out can my schedule handle it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: But right now people are willing to stop working to try to to try to talk about or try to get something they ain't invest in. No, no, no, sweat echo into from the start. And so that's what's problematic about everything. And that's why you see in the transition happened so hard, it is becoming so hard. And that's why college now coaches are saying, we only trust twenty five year olds. Yeah, you don't trust high school kids no more. Which twenty five year olds they trod by now? Yeah, if they've been and started asking that. I mean, you know people asking that. I remember hearing the question whether Blake Rifford was so good, why do you go back for it southward?
Speaker 2: See what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know, if if if a guy is good, it's like basketball. If a guy don't come out after freshman year, well man, he must not be that good. I mean, you're not gonna You're never gonna You're never gonna see another Tim Duncan. You're not gonna see a four year superstar like that.
Speaker 2: You're not. You're just not. It's not gonna happen.
Speaker 4: The volume