Speaker 1: Oh, Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Yes, Wow.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where to start, Sabrina with this week. I don't know where to start. Maybe with a cheer? Could we start with a cheer, Sabrina, I don't even know it to do.
Speaker 2: That was shocking. I forgot all about that.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna get into that. I don't even want to do pre show anything because there is no pre show. This is just the show, because wow is all I have to say to this week's episode. So, first of all, very quickly, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses are smart, the wave tsunamis and teams of random kids built weird looking chariots. Huh.
Speaker 2: I'm Wilfordell and I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 1: So welcome to a very special and out of format episode here on Magical Rewind. Instead of our normal dcom fair, we find ourselves taking a Disney Channel detour to focus on a competition reality show commonly referenced here on the podcast. That's right, people, we are going back to the greatest week of Sabrina's life. We're talking about the infamous DCG or the Disney Channel Games. Yes, this was the channel's version of Battle of the Network Stars that annually air during the summers of two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, and two thousand and eight. And even before we started this podcast, we had several of our producers talking about how they would go and watch this every week. They couldn't wait to see you as next, which Jonas was their favorite Jonas. This was a thing.
Speaker 3: Apparently several of our guests have talked about. This was like a highlight of them being on the channel.
Speaker 1: It was so fun and it's now fun back in the zeitgeist, which we will get into a little bit later because of some fun things that have been said in the press lately about the Disney Channel Original Games. So, of course, the concept being familiar. Disney Pannel faces from around the world would congregate to Walt Disney World in Florida to compete in relay races, obstacle courses, and other events, split into teams to benefit charities like the Make Wish Foundation, UNICEF, and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Now Here, we're going to be focusing on the third and final season from two thousand and eight today, the one that includes our amazing dance machines, Sabrina Sabrina. When the game's debuted in two thousand and six, was this immediately something you wanted to do? Was this bucket list Disney Channel thing? Had you even heard of it? Walk us through it?
Speaker 2: You're sure. I love a good competition.
Speaker 3: I love being like in athletic forms of anything.
Speaker 2: I'm so bad.
Speaker 3: I mean talk about like American Ninja Warrior, obvious. I loved the Gladiators, American Gladiators.
Speaker 2: When I was growing up. I loved Double Dare just because.
Speaker 3: Even though it wasn't always the most athletic thing, it was like the craziest and it was time and you got to get the flags, and you know what I mean, It's just all the stuff. I've always loved the kinds of shows, so knowing that the Channel was doing them, I.
Speaker 1: Was so excited.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: But now I'm going I think I did another one because my hair was shorter in one of them. But I always wore yellow.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm confused. Now, Now I gotta really like Deep Dive and figure out was I there twice?
Speaker 1: You might have been there twice.
Speaker 3: I think we were because we performed for the Channel, and I remember an entirely different outfit than what we were wearing.
Speaker 1: So I love how you remember the outfits. So you don't remember doing the Disney Channel games. Let me say your hair was different and your outfit was different.
Speaker 3: That's because I was wearing freaking yellow the whole time. Like I know, I was never on another color. I know I was always yellow, but I'm pretty sure. And I also remember some of the high school musical kids being there, Corvin little like, So I'm thinking I did it twice, and now I'm like really confused and got to do it now?
Speaker 1: Is there a chance you did it? You only did it once, but you watched the other two years, and in your head have conflated why watching it with actually being there. Oh no, we just heard from producer Lisa. You did two seasons Yellow Team both times.
Speaker 3: No, because I mean I know that this what's unfortunately on Disney Plus right now, is not just all of the episodes.
Speaker 2: It's just the last episode.
Speaker 3: And I know we had you know, the Simon says there was a dance thing that I did with Kyle.
Speaker 2: Remember I've talked to you about.
Speaker 3: This between Cory Corbyn and Keey. Keeley got corbyin and I got Google Kyle, and I was so like, this is garbage.
Speaker 1: This is not very yet we have one on one you get Michael Jordan exactly, and you get Will like, hey, great.
Speaker 2: So and of course no, obviously Kyle knows how to dance.
Speaker 1: Of course great.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying it was like, come on, It's like, you know, so, I know there were other games that weren't aired on this so it kind of made me go, did they are they only?
Speaker 2: Is that all that was ever aired?
Speaker 3: Or you know? So I thank you Lisa, because but damn it, why was I yellow?
Speaker 1: Every time you need producer Lisa to look up anything else you've done in your life just to check whatever. Probably, yes, I done? Yes, Oh my okay. Now I have to ask, so, did you know that your friends were asked with you? Did you know it was gonna be like a cheatah girls thing or did you think that they were just going to be asking you? No?
Speaker 3: We basically at this point, this particular one was right around our third movie.
Speaker 1: I figured this was definite synergy.
Speaker 2: Yes, and that the one world at the end.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, and they featured you guys a lot more and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, I don't think we were featured in the last one as much. I think it was more of a high school musical kids because I think their kind of just came out or they were having their second one coming or something like that.
Speaker 1: Now, stupid nuts and bolts question. Did you get paid for this? I assume so, okay, I didn't know if this was just like, hey, come and play for the day or two or the week, and we'll fly you down there. We'll treat you well, but we're not going to.
Speaker 3: Give you Animinally we're treated well, and I swear I probably would have done it for free because it was so fun. I mean we were there for you know, at least four to five days. We had plaids that were taking us anytime we had time off around the the parks we were able to go to them together.
Speaker 2: This one I remember specifically.
Speaker 3: That there was like a big parade that we got to be in, so yeah, I mean it was so fun and we didn't get a chance even though we would pass by each other on like red carpet type stuff. We didn't get a chance to like hang out that much with other people, you know, and then they want us to be on camera.
Speaker 2: And being like, oh, we're like friends, We're totally friends, and it's like we don't even we see each other for like thirty minutes here and there.
Speaker 3: So this was the time that we really got a chance to like sit and chat and we were all on set together, like when we were in those tents. I remember hating the tents of this one because it was so hot and they were wanting to film us here and there, but for a lot of the time we were just sitting there and I'm like, oh my gosh, we're sitting on like pool pool blow up staff, Like it's hot, it's we're in Florida, there's no air.
Speaker 2: Somebody like I just go somewhere.
Speaker 3: Else, come get me when you need me. Because it was hot. But it was fun to hang out with all of the people. And then again like you see, there's an international vibe, which I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also you know, I you can confirm that when Disney treated you well, they treated you very well. Like the flights were great and the hotels were great, and you get to back door the rides and it was very cool, So I get that.
Speaker 3: Yes, so again, I mean, I'm sure they paid us for our something.
Speaker 2: They really think a lot.
Speaker 3: Of us would probably have just done it for free because it was just a blast.
Speaker 1: So now, this third season ran July twenty seventh to August thirtieth of two thousand and eight and featured well, technically thirty seven Disney Channel stars both American and international. It's actually thirty six younger people and one full grown adult. We'll talk about that later. And Tony ran for five half hour episodes. In the past it would have run for eight to ten, so this was a bit of a rush job. Season three. These aired worldwide on all twenty seven Disney channels. Yes that's right, twenty seven Disney channels, and The DC Games as they're often called, was hosted by Bryan Stepanic of the Sweet Life of Zach and Cody and the dcom Hatching Pete. But this was also his first season without a co host because the Brian dunkleman of the Disney Games was Phil Lewis, his co star from Zach and Cody who did not return. Okay, now you said that you guys would pass each other in red carpets and stuff like that the entire time, So going into the games first or second other than your fellow Cheetah Girls, which is how I'm going to say it from now on. Were you friends or friendly with any of the other Disney Channel talent at the time.
Speaker 3: We knew that Jonas brothers pretty well because they toured with us during our first tour, which was a Christmas tour, so we knew them pretty well and had seen them quite a bit throughout other times. I actually knew Alison Stoner from a while ago. They were on a show that was more of like kind of an interview type show that I had been on a couple of times, So that was separately from the Cheetah Girls. We obviously knew Kyle Massey. That just popped in my head. I've obviously we've known him for so long because of the correlation between that's even uh and he's at Oh, it's just always at everything too. He came and supported raven A ton during certain things. So yeah, there was a couple of people where we already kind of knew and had like.
Speaker 2: Good relationships with.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it was always also great to like, you know, get to know people a little bit more so.
Speaker 1: Were they all fluent and cheetah chatter?
Speaker 2: Uh, not a ton. I think they would just kind of stick with like ooh, cheat delicious, or it's cheata, you know that kind of stuff. I don't think they went too far into the cheetah chata.
Speaker 1: Talking about it. Well, they were talking some smack about the cheetahs, and we'll get into that later. My favorite face of yours of the entire thing. But anyway, Uh, these Disney Channel games, as we have said, have been in the news lately, mostly thanks to Nick Jonas, who's the middle one.
Speaker 2: He's the younger one.
Speaker 1: He's the younger one. I still don't know my Joe and I, who compared his time on the season as Love Island on Crack, which is obviously somebody who hasn't seen Love Island because it can't get anymore Love Island on Crack than Love Island itself, which not only the press found odd, but what many of the Disney Channel game participants actually disagreed with him, Sabrina, We got to ask. I know, you got to ask a lot on the red carpet, but we got to ask too, because you were there, man, I was what do you think of the comparison? Was it weird? Did it? Did you think it was like that? Did you date anyone there?
Speaker 3: What's what's a lot of like young love, young flirting going on?
Speaker 1: Flirt?
Speaker 3: You all know Nick had his thing at one point with what is it Selena and Miley.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure where this game fell with that.
Speaker 3: You know, Joe and Demi at some point dated again, don't remember it had happened at some point. I just don't know if they were still a thing of any sort.
Speaker 1: And Joe's the oldest one who played.
Speaker 2: Joe's the middle one one.
Speaker 3: Kevin had a girlfriend from like caroly On who became his wife, probably not far along off.
Speaker 1: I will learn the Jonas brothers, I promise you, I will.
Speaker 2: Learn that they got married pretty young.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so you know there was there was that a lot of flirting and a lot of flirting between like the new you know, the new guys that are coming in from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there was like flirting.
Speaker 3: I never saw anything crazy, but again I was older than them, so I wasn't hanging out like I remember. We went to everyone's like, oh, we're gonna go to the hot tub.
Speaker 2: And we kept talking about.
Speaker 3: The hot tub and we all went I mean, and Kilien and Agor were like, we are too old for this.
Speaker 1: Not a good But they didn't have coupling up ceremonies and people weren't taking a crack at each other.
Speaker 3: Just think, I just think you think about how old they we all were, you know. And there was some young kids that were just like really like, they didn't, you know.
Speaker 2: Besides their own set.
Speaker 3: This was their first time probably hanging out with anyone outside of their set for a while. So yeah, okay, fair enough though they were everyone was so adorable and cut.
Speaker 1: And you didn't date anybody from the Disney Channel, Noney Channel.
Speaker 2: Dating anyone from the Cheetah or the Disney World.
Speaker 1: All right enough, all right, So not to get ahead of ourselves, but these special telecasts closed with postgame ceremony performances by Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, Demi Levado, Jordan Pruett and the Cheetah Girls. What do you remember about performing? First of all, I have to tell you, so the performances were coming up at the end, and I was like, oh, okay, now we're gonna all right, I listened to a Miley Cyrus song listen to and then they're like and now the Cheetah Girls, and I was like, yeah, Like I got a chance to actually see you perform live. I was so excited. I thought it was really really cool. So what do you remember about doing that?
Speaker 2: So fun?
Speaker 3: And when I was watching this season, there was a couple of episodes, or I think the last two, like I wasn't in either of those games, and when you looked in like the bathroom, like none of us.
Speaker 2: Can you remember?
Speaker 3: We had a lot of rehearsals for this one because although they only show in this episode one performance, we did three songs plus the.
Speaker 1: One one world with dance songs, so.
Speaker 2: We performed like this show that they did. The way they filmed.
Speaker 3: It looks like, you know, because they only show one per episode, but it was like a full blown concert.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really really cool. Now, this season of Games is on Disney Plus, so you can watch it now or you can wait until after you listen to our episode. Either way, none of us are getting the Disney Games Cup, so that doesn't really matter. Serena, when's the last time you watched? When's the last time you actually saw this from beginning to end.
Speaker 2: I don't think I ever watched it.
Speaker 1: I ever have I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever watched it. I think maybe they gave us a date. I do remember, and I tried so hard to find it because I know I've come across it a couple times a DVD of all the episodes of it, so I might have watched it then, or I might have just watched just the performance. But I it was I mean I remember watching the interstituals and like the commercials going up to it, so it felt very familiar, but I don't remember actually watching it.
Speaker 2: But oh my gosh, I had the best time. It was so fun.
Speaker 1: I could tell no, I could tell, I really could. I could tell two things about you. You were competitive and you had a really good time doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it was fun watching it again because it was like, oh my gosh, that.
Speaker 2: Was such an awesome time.
Speaker 3: It was such an honor to be able to go. I mean, think of all the Disney Channel kids. Yeah, and today it was really on it twice was like rat Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's very cool. Okay, so let's get into it and start with episode one. Cherriota period of Championship where we get an introduction from again Brian Stepanic. Do you remember Brian. He was one of the three adults here. Two of the others were contestants that were passing themselves off as children.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was funny all the time and very very sweet too, you know, very Disney Check, very Disney Channel, and on he was on like his energy was like that, like for the most time, like part which is great because you know, he works with young kids.
Speaker 1: So I remember. So the thing that's obviously what I want to do is make this all about me. So the thing I remember when I first turned this on and I was like, oh man, it's gonna be this is gonna be a rough Disney Channel watch kind of like as an adult watching this, but it brought me right back to being on Nickelodeon because when I was on Nickelodeon as a kid in the eighties, we would do stuff like nick over your school and things like that, and so all the Nickelodeon stars would get together on a bus and it would be us and you know that, don't just sit there. Cast and and Mark Summers from Doubledare and mister Wizard and all the people from Nickelodeon would get together and they it would be like, what were their names, new kids on the block, and we would all go take over a school. So this brought me right back to like everybody from the network at the time going to do one thing, and they're just so much fun. So I instantly got rid of oh my god, this is gonna be the worst thing ever, and just I was twelve again and it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: So, oh good good.
Speaker 1: Here at the start, we get glimpses of the thirty seven stars and a bus heading to the games, with Joe Jonas, Selena Gomez, and Chelsea Stubb talking about how excited and nervous they are, and we get our very first look at co hosts Sabrina. She's sitting next to fellow Cheetah Girl Adrian by Loan. We hear the show's theme song, Let's Go by someone named Booboo Stewart, which when you've got thirty seven people on a bus, all of them pop stars, why you don't have one of them one song?
Speaker 3: One of my things was how I mean because not that they'd have to use a Cheetah Girl song, but like, you've got the Jonas but I mean you've got everybody sings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a single one of them does, but anyway, and then with a montage with the stars and cheerleaders on the field wearing different color outfits. So okay, Sabrina, it's all very color wars from summer camp. Did you sleep at the Disney Hotels? What was that like? Were you jumping each other's rooms as for fun? Not not nothing yet, you know, crazy, but you're popping back in from each other's rooms and the.
Speaker 3: Giant dorm at the Animal Kingdom hotels where we were nice, huge, just like it was so fun. Like I said, but I mean, you know, that's the hotel so spread out. Yeah, that's why I think they we started kind of figuring out a place to all just like, oh meet here type of thing to hang out. But really, I don't feel like we were at the hotel that much because we were at the parks.
Speaker 2: That's where we were wanting to be.
Speaker 3: But yes, we got to stay in the hotel. We got gorgeous, amazing rooms, like you know, I mean, Disney just hooked us up.
Speaker 1: They do they do it right. Disney does it right. They really did.
Speaker 3: They had caravans all of us were jumping in you know, these little mini vans all throughout the day. When we had to get to set, when we had to do this, when we had to do that, We're all just it was just like us all just like cruising around all Disney World, Like you'll imagine how fun that was.
Speaker 1: Well, when we do Magical rewind live at either Disney World or Disneyland, which again I'm just throwing this out in the atmosphere, we haven't actually planned to do this, and we get Disney Channel stars to come up to interview them live in front of an audience, Disney will treat us well. But that's we're putting that into the universe right now, so we can back to our rides and do all that fun stuff. Yes, okay, so now anyway, we're back on the bus and one by when the stars are hopping off and heading into the stadium, they're greeted by our host, who claims the stakes are higher than ever, but he'd also say that even if they weren't. Now before you're all broken up into teams, Brian announces that two kids are missing. He asked if anyone's seen the quote two small, blonde, cute kids who look alike. Now, me knowing so little about the channel still I instantly went to, why are the Olsen twins gonna be on this show? I did? I was like what? And then and then someone's like, oh, wait, do you mean Dylan and Cole Sprouse? That's like, yes, of course that makes a whole I was like, why are the Olsen twins gonna be on this thing? They're obviously talking about Dylan and Cole Sprouse is Cole stars and the titular Zach and Cody. Now we cut to a limo what they're in because they reportedly quote unquote missed the bus. But we got another real story here because obviously they didn't. They shot something later with him. Were they not allowed on the bus? Were they shooting something? And they were coming later? Like what did you hear? Like? Why are Dylan and Cole not here?
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 3: I honestly just kind of went oh, And I feel like, looking at it, it kind of at least gave them a little bit more content than us just getting straight into the game, so kind of like a little fun thing.
Speaker 1: But in my head, they couldn't And I think this is probably what happened and I'm making this up. They were shooting something or they were doing something. They were going to be a daylight. It was scheduling, so they made a reason why they were just going to show up later. They shot some stuff with them later to fill in the gaps and boom there you're yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a great Oh the time too, I kept thinking, did Miley do one of these? Wasn't she there at some point?
Speaker 1: Yeah? She did one of the early I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that because then I'm going, oh, wait, did someone else come in late? Like I just kept I kept thinking Corbyn Blue was going to come in.
Speaker 1: No different but no. Again, it was great to see Dylan and Cole, but at the end of the day, I would rather have seen Mary, Kate n Ashley. Yeah. So anyway, now it's of course the time in our program we have to break everyone up into teams. Now, were you guys nervous about this? Did you care who was on your team? Did you know that they weren't going to keep all the Cheetah girls together and all that kind of stuff, or was it just all right?
Speaker 2: Break us up? For sure, we knew they'd break up the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 3: They'd break up Dylan and Cole, Like we knew they would be doing that kind of thing and splitting out all even if just being on the same show together, you know, splitting them up to do like Brenda songs in their show and she was on red instead of Green or blue, so we knew.
Speaker 2: They would do that. But of course I was were like looking at all these people even on the bus, like.
Speaker 1: Who did you not want on your team?
Speaker 2: Who did I not want?
Speaker 1: Come on one quick quick name where you were like, oh I don't want to be on team with that person?
Speaker 2: No, well there wasn't anyone like more than the other. Really. I just was kind of I know you were, I know you were, but no, really, there wasn't anyone.
Speaker 3: I mean, regardless if it's like if you have you know, like someone who you don't think is like athletic, they're probably super hilarious, so they're going to make some really great TV.
Speaker 2: You know, someone wasn't really like that. And it was hard for me a little bit at.
Speaker 3: Times to take myself away from the competition and realize we were just creating a show.
Speaker 1: I could tell, I could tell, but anyway, for everyone else there here are our team breakdowns. We have Team Inferno, the Red team, and they'll be playing for the Boys and Girls Clubs. They are run by team Captain Brenda Song also as Sabrina just said, from the Sweet Life of Zach and Cody, Jason Earl's friend of the show from Hannah, Montana. We know how he feels about his performances in these games. We'll get into more of that later. That We've got Adrian Ballon from The Cheetah Girls. Did I say that right? I hope so close enough, Anna Marie Perez, the Tagli from Camp Rock, Nick Jonas from Camp Rock Slash obviously one of the Jonas brothers, Jasmin Richards from Camp Rock, Jake t Austin from Wizards of Waverley Place, Mitchell Musso from Hannah, Montana. And we have one star from Brazil and another from Australia, the Cyclones. That's a green team they're playing for UNICEF. That was led by team Captain David Henry from Wizards of Waverley Place, Jason Dolly, Sir Jason himself from Good Luck Charlie, and another self proclaimed MVP of the Games, Jennifer Stone Wizards of Waverley Place, Chelsea stob from Jonas, Joe Jonas from Camp Rock and Jonas, Dylan Sprouse from the Sweet Life of Zack and Cody and not apparently one of the Olsen Twins, and stars from Italy, the UK and Argentina. And We've got the comments. That's the yellow team. They were playing for the Make a Wish Foundation. The team captain was Kevin Jonas from Camp Rock and the Jonas and Jonas Whatever, Kyle Massey from That's So Raven and Corey in the House, Moys's Arias from Hannah Montana, Selena Gomez was Wizards of Waverley Place, and Our Girl Sabrina Brian from The Cheetah Girls Sang It Again. And stars from India, Spain, Taiwan and France. Then you got Team Lightning, Oh, Team Lightning, the blue team playing for the Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation. The team captain friend of the show, Kaley Williams, a Cheetah Girl who was so excited to be a team captain. When she was it was like she had just won the Olympics. It was like it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Wow, I did not even remember she was captain.
Speaker 1: Super excited, We're gonna have to talk to her again about if she felt any pressure being the team captain because she was psyched she did. She was Demi Levado from Camp Rock, Roshan Fagan from Camp Rock, Alison Stoner from Camp Rock, Cole Sprouse from the Sweet Life of Zach and Cody also not An Elsen Twin and stars from Japan, Southeast Asia, Germany and Mexico. Then everyone jumps and all of a sudden they're in their teen uniforms. But it is not a clean TikTok twenty twenty five edit. It is very clunky. Yes, what did you think? Not only of the jump, but of the uniforms.
Speaker 3: What I will say is like a lot of us were wearing like sweat jackets and stuff like that. Even though we were wearing that, they were actually really thin and nice because we were in Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Y're in Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know it was perfect because we needed all these solid colors.
Speaker 2: So they gave us a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 3: You got pants, you got shorts, you got socks, you got tank tops to go underneath. You got t shirts, jackets, hats, they had bandana and like accessories so that you would literally just dress yourself up hedgetoe and whatever color you were. Again, I felt like I got the worst color. I like between yellow and or.
Speaker 2: I can't get away away from these citrus colors.
Speaker 1: I was just about to ask if you forget teams, forget anything about the teams, just colors. If you had to pick a color that had to toe, what would you have been in? Red? Or blue?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, those are those are my faves.
Speaker 1: Green's my favorite. I would have been team Green. I would have been team Green.
Speaker 3: Well, I can wear green, but I'd rather do blue. Blue is my best color that I like to wear. I like red too.
Speaker 1: Okay. We see that tents have been erected as team headquarters with a very MTV Real World coded blow up furniture inside kind of style. Everyone's chatting, get in to know each other and prepping for the first game Cherriot. We hear out everyone is everyone's best friend, which of course is very very Disney. Selena Gomez calls Kyle Massey the loudest person ever and he's on her team, so maybe he should calm down a bit. And I will say, you could tell he was the guy constantly trying to say things for the camera, constantly trying to mug he talking over Brian, trying to throw in his own jokes, and even after a while, I was like, okay, maybe you know what I will.
Speaker 2: Say that was the energy of everyone.
Speaker 3: Everyone is so used to being these funny guys on the channel, and they've found all these lines, you know, and they wanted a lot of energy, and they would tell us like, you know, like let's pick up the energy or whatever. And so it was kind of hard sometimes to be around so many people who wanted that.
Speaker 1: Like time later when somebody's like and then Mitchell Musso just keeps playing his guitar in the thing, and I really didn't want him to play guitar.
Speaker 3: What did you Okay, did you notice that like every tent had somebody playing guitars?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course they were all like.
Speaker 3: I know, And it was like, okay, can we quit with the camp fire?
Speaker 2: You're all talented here, like you all are great.
Speaker 1: Let's move on, people.
Speaker 2: Let's move on.
Speaker 3: I can't listen to another love story that you wrote in your bedroom last night.
Speaker 1: Nah nah, I love that so much. The teams exit their tents one by one and the first challenge finds them building a chariot to race to the finish line, similarly to our favorite decom yet the Miracle in Lane two, same kind of thing. Everyone is playing except for Dylan and Cole Sprouse who still haven't made it through the games yet. Like total divas, the competition begins and we see everyone chaotically trying to build their chariot. Well, Brian gives it play by play, Sabrina, what do you remember about this challenge? Cause I remember you you. I'm just watching you. You are very focused and you're trying to get that back tire on. And it was great.
Speaker 3: You know, it was our first challenge. And again although it was our first challenge, now I'm like remembering more and more of like leading up to this season versus the first Sure, and there was so many again like chefs in the kitchen having all the ideas, and you know, they randomly pick our captains, like you know, and literally I remember Kevin looking at me going, so what do you think we should do?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, dude, you're the captain.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, you give me that role, all right? So here you're gonna go here, You're gonna go here?
Speaker 1: Did you do that.
Speaker 3: Well, I said, this is who I think should go here, and I think and then you know, all push and we'll you know whatever. We were just trying to make sure we'll get the lightest people in the thing. Let's push, let's let's be you know, and of.
Speaker 1: Course the light chariot. I didn't even think about the lightest person in the chariot, of course, brilliantly.
Speaker 3: And the chaos of just like everyone like talking so loud and it just being like no one knew how to No, it's not like they showed us how to do it.
Speaker 2: At first.
Speaker 3: It was like, okay, here's the peace, figure it out right, Yes, so that's what we were doing.
Speaker 2: And you know, then you're just.
Speaker 3: Kind of going, ah, man, like you just look over and blue team just like took off. You're like, oh yeah, and Keily and I are super competitive with each other, so you know, I was like, damn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, we see the ref who needs to randomly clear each team before they're approved by getting pulled by the team's maybe fifty yards on flat grash to the finish line, and there were some it seemed like okay, they're done and they're just standing there and they're like, are we done? And then like the ref wasn't doing anything. So I'm like yelling at my screen at this point myself. Anyway, yes, I wouldn't really call this a course as much as just an open lot. But anyway, you're pulling the chariot. It's got to be a tough a tough job, but it's a sign of what's to come. But the Blue team is the first to go, then followed by the Green and then Red, and then finally bringing up the rear is the Yellow team. But really the entire thing came down to who finished building the chariot first. So the Lightning Blue team wins. Were people bummed? Were you bummed that you lost? Because you not only lost, but there this is.
Speaker 2: Not just like a backyard event. This gonna be on TV, and we lost real bad?
Speaker 1: He did? He did? I've gotta be honest with you. I was like, oh, this is this might be a rough five episodes for the Yellow team.
Speaker 3: No, I'm like, God, and now rewatching it, I'm like, oh no, it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Just just written me apart. Oh my god, this is so unfaring.
Speaker 1: You All I could say about you because obviously I know you. You're my friend, so I'm focusing on you. You were focused the whole time, you were intense. I thought you had the team, the best team. You're trying to put the team on your shoulders, especially the next chunt. I'm not jumping ahead. I'm not jumping ahead anyway. So as a result, the Lightning team gets twenty points because they came in first, Cyclones get fifteen, Inferno ten, and Sabrina's Comets get only five points. Brian then reveals the Winners Club, which is a specialized tent decorated for the winners of the challenge, and the first one is a Luau palooza for the Lightning which is basically just decorations and smoothies. The three of the teams are forced back to their boring tents, feeling defeated but wanting to come back strong. And the only thing going through my head was like, you know, the winners should just be in an air conditioned tent and everybody else is inial.
Speaker 2: Probably was air conditioning.
Speaker 1: Fact. There you go. So there's also cheerleaders where you you guys fraternizing with the cheerleaders? Were you over there trying to help them? Cheer What was going on with the cheer especially later We'll get into that, but what was up with the cheerleaders?
Speaker 3: It just was like, I mean, I don't remember them being there, but I.
Speaker 1: Feel like they don't remember them being there.
Speaker 3: Well I was focused, Okay, I was in my tunnel vision, but I mean I'm watching them, and even just by the end of the first episode, I'm like you, Obviously, every single one of the cheerleaders they had could do a talk, a.
Speaker 1: Standing talk, which yeah, I saw that they did the very.
Speaker 3: Difficult acro trick, right, which means they can do so much more.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you?
Speaker 3: Why do you have one one shot of them doing the talk together and their pyramid and they can do so much.
Speaker 2: You could have had them and it wouldn't have taken long. You just have them go one by one.
Speaker 3: They'll just do whatever their hardest trick is they can do down that grass. Like I've been going, why are you not showing off these cheerleaders more than what.
Speaker 2: They can do right now? Like that was so irritating because it.
Speaker 3: Was through five episodes, the same the same lifts, the same one, and it just was the same shot over and over again.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they had a day. Well, were they there the whole time?
Speaker 2: They were there?
Speaker 3: Because again, like I said, I don't remember them. At first they went, oh, maybe they only had them come in their day. Yeah, But then as you get through the next episodes, they start cushing in and they're on the sidelines cheering. So they were there the whole time we were, and there was a lot of downtime when they were setting up the next thing, downtime.
Speaker 1: Film, the cheerleader's doing stuff. Okay, I felt so back.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, they're like looking like one trick ponies, and they got I could till they had a lot of stuff up.
Speaker 1: That it was a good trick. Then we are now back with Brian who's in the Winter's Tent chilling on a hammock recapping the day. He eventually throws it to Miley Cyrus to celebrate the end of Day one. She's performing her brand new song Breakout to a massive Disney World crowd. Now, was she there at filming when you were, when you were doing any of this stuff?
Speaker 3: I like, I remember her being there more, but I do remember this one. She she only came in for the concert, and I'm assuming again, it was probably scheduling suggest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes that makes sense. After the concert, it's nighttime. We see Dylan and Cole Sprouse now pushing their limo, complaining they should have stopped at a gas station. They bet the other kids today didn't have to push cars around, with the joke being actually they did. So that's episode one. If watching wise, we weren't doing this for the podcast and you were just watching, would you have gone episode two or would you been like I got to GST.
Speaker 2: No, for sure, I was in.
Speaker 1: Hook Line and Sinker going back. I would have been into it was you know, I might have been glancing at my phone occasionally, but sure having it on was nice.
Speaker 3: The stuff that they had us doing, like in the tent and the pump up and like, you know, it's kind of like, ok okay, okay, but the actual like relays that they said, the competition's fun. Fun to me thinking what we the ones that I'm missing from the season before. These were way better than what we did before.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's cool. So we are now onto episode two. Yes, I'd like the echo. We start with, of course, a quick recap of episode one, with the reminder of the theme song and the teams. Now everyone's back in their team tens prepping for the next challenge. Alison Stoner reveals that Team Lightning has a cool cheer. Spoiler alert, it's not a cool cheer. Selina says Kevin Jonas is an amazing captain, and Mitchell Musso compliments Brenda as their captain. Okay, you don't need to name any names. Were there any scandals going on, any tea, any behind the scenes stuff of the Disney Channel games? What's up, spreta, let us know?
Speaker 3: Now, well, I think this is the episode where it happens with Alison Stoner. That was kind of a thing that was sort of actually really going on.
Speaker 1: Wasn't suck you wanted to jump another team or did they actually want to leave the team or.
Speaker 3: No, no, I just think they had a lot of other friends on the Green team.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there was a chance they were going to go, and.
Speaker 3: They were spending a lot of time with the Green Team, you know, during those middle times that whatever. And I but again, it's like that's a producer going, ooh, here.
Speaker 2: We go, we can add this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, It's no drama, Like everyone was just there having a good time, so.
Speaker 1: You can tell. A producer came up to Alison Stoner at one point and said, hey, when the Green team asked you to go over, bring that up with the Blue team, like like bring they asked you to go over, and we'll make it a thing. Yeah, you can remember.
Speaker 3: This was like, you know, supposed to be this like more than the season before with us in these tents specifically.
Speaker 2: They were really looking for that like reality show VI.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that was the big thing at the time, is all that road rules kind of real world stuff like that. Okay, see, there you go.
Speaker 2: The challenge that's still going.
Speaker 1: I love it. Uh So the Green team is sitting around and playing the guitar, which would be a nightmare at a party, but here they're just the chill team. A horn sound Ford apparently they give him all instruments. They're all, well they're all musicians, give him instruments. Horn sounds that everyone runs out where Brian announces that each team must come up with their own cheer for a cheer off judge by a celebrity guest. Then maybe one of the saddest moments in the history of the Disney Channel, Brian puts on his sunglasses and announces he is, in fact the celebrity guest judge. Lightning kicks it off by standing in a line, chanting and passing electricity quote unquote down the line. It's honestly kind of pitifole and painful to watch. They must have this absolutely must have killed you as a dancer, Sabrina, because of what they were trying to do. It was not good. We get some trash talk here between the teams, and even our little Sabrina got in on the mix. Her comments are next, they start in a huddle chanting, no, can you chant it for ut please, Sabrina, Yes, come on, come on, come on. Why to the E double l O double? Yeah? There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it? Why to the E double L l.
Speaker 1: O dub yeah or something like that, And then they throw tiny moistes into the sky and he lands on his feet. Now, I'm not just saying this because I'm sure you choreographed this, Sabrina had some some hand in it. But it was good. It was actually good. That little dude flew all over the place. And I don't know if you, but I thought he was gonna break his ankle.
Speaker 2: Well I did too.
Speaker 3: I showed them how to do a basket toss and just didn't realize how small he was.
Speaker 2: And the first time they threw him, will you go?
Speaker 3: You go like this in a in a square right, like an easy basket toss. It's not anything like super whatever. But I showed them how so he could have his feet together and really launch him. And they launched him in the air and I went, oh my god, I almost killed voices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went up there.
Speaker 3: I wasn't gonna be that good.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize we are so tiny.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to do this to you, but I'm gunning when we get there. So the cyclones come next. They all put their hands in the middle of the circle and try to harmonize cyclones. Then they all pick you up. We spined you around. Either way you're going down, and compared to the comets, this is hot garbage. Inferno, who has been pretending to be asleep during everyone else's turn, goes last, and for being so cocky there, chant impresses absolutely no one. I couldn't even figure out what they were saying in response. The other teams fall asleep and we go to a commercial break. Now we returned to find out. The winner of the unofficial no points, absolutely useless cheer challenge was the Comets. Congratulations. I think you should have gotten five points, and if you did, you would have been tied for first place at the end. Because you lost by five points and you won the cheer challenge which they threw at you last second, you should have gotten five bonus points and you would have been tied.
Speaker 2: Five bonus points up for grabs not too long after.
Speaker 1: Thank you this you were robbed if you go back and you look at it. I don't know what the official governing body of the Disney Channel Games is, but I would go and do an official complaint because I think, frankly, you tied this one.
Speaker 2: But that's stars is getting a strongly word written.
Speaker 1: I think he should he's getting and I think you should rather it as an actual letter. No, it should be a letter, dear mister marsh I think you should. You really got the shaft there. And so it is now time for Hang Tight, and Brian is about to announce the challenge when guests who finally decides to show up, Dylan and Cole roll up in a golf cart and disperse to their teams, and no one mentions it. That's how I know it's got to be a scheduling thing because they didn't make it a bit, they just come in. Brian then sends the Comments and Infernos back to their tents while Lightning and Cyclones head to Hang Tight. Now, this challenge has seven people from each team connected by a short rope without letting go. They must get through an obstacle course that includes hoops and tires, and if at any point the rope is broken, the entire team has to stop and start over. This could really be torturous and is a full on team building exercise and a tough thing to do. And so so, with the game explained, Brian hits a gong and the challenge has begun. Lightning's off to a fast start to Cole Sprouse, of all people who missed most of the thing already missus a tire and the entire team must go back to the starting line. So this little not only as late, but then loses it for his team. That's what you get for skipping the team building, thank you very much. And so the Green Cyclones win round one, off to Hang Tight Round two with the Infernos and the Comets and the decision is made for Sabrin O'Brien to lead the team. Do you remember this, this decision being made or were you like, yeah, I'm leading.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Kevin was like you you take the front, I got the back, Like let's just pull these guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, well you okay, we'll get into this. Because you were flying and so like focused on what you were doing. So yeah, so here we go. So the race starts and it's pretty neck and neck the whole time. You both have some stumbles, but in the end, thanks to a very focused leader, the Comets win round two. You looking like a sports star in this one. No, were you excited when you were watching? Were you getting kind of a jolts because you were you were flying?
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, good because I couldn't remember if I did well at all, all in just feeling like yellow was just that terrible.
Speaker 2: Now we must have not been as good the season before.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking the one you remember when you were bad was that.
Speaker 2: One, because and I think that's the one that keeps me up at night.
Speaker 1: So it's in my head. With that five points the cheer Challenge, you tied for first Yeah, you were killing in this one, and that's because you were in charge. Yeah, I'm telling that's that's what happened. All the teams are now back in their tents, with the winning squads working on strategies in order to win the finals. We even get Sabrina's first talking head. We also see the Inferno, who lost the race in or out of the game, but Mitchell is still trying to ease the moods with his songs, which is not helping anybody. It was my favorite part of the entire thing. You were just cutting to people going like he should probably shut up, but they were saying it nice. Jason Earls even says it's driving them crazy, and I get it. It was like the real kind of moment that they probably won't put this in, and then they put it in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We also get a Joe bro moment, see I can speak the vernacular alone together where they admit to a rivalry within the brothers which is just like brothers, and they fight over who can say sibling rivalry the fastest. And now we cut to Hang Tight round three cyclones versus comments and I knew who I'm rooting for. But Brian adds a twist for this. Now, three people on each team must be blindfolded, So Martin, Moyses and Andrea are blindfolded for the Yellow team, while Chelsea, Jennifer and Ambria lose their sight for the Green team. Who knew they weren't going to blindfold my girl, Sabrina? I mean, did you think they were gonna blindfold you?
Speaker 3: They all three gave me their blindfold. Yeah, I had three blindfolds in my hand. Here you go, like, hey, you're in the front of the line.
Speaker 2: Why don't we make you good?
Speaker 1: What are you doing doing?
Speaker 2: Think about this?
Speaker 3: Guys, like again, Kevin and I just like getting together, going okay, no, this makes the most sense. Let's just let's just do it every other and that way you can feel from the front in the back.
Speaker 1: You're smart. This is why you're one of the leaders of the team. So they needed you. It's also worth noting, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, they also blindfolded some of the cheerleaders.
Speaker 2: Yes, why was that much?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Ready, no way. So the game begins and guess who's in the lead the entire time. It's the comments and they're all star team captain. Yes, I'm making you the captain. It is a battlefield promotion. Captain Sabrina led them to victory. Also, for those keeping score at home, Kevin Jonas, who's the oldest one, beat Joe Jonas, who's the middle one, and they're.
Speaker 3: Their sibling like rivalry was just as real as like he sure wucking smack any point.
Speaker 1: I know, but hey, as one of three brothers, I get it, oh for sure.
Speaker 3: And Gilian, Adrian and I we were so close that that was super easy for us too.
Speaker 2: But then we would look at them and go, Okay, we're not that bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're brothers, of course totally, which is totally fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, it was actually really.
Speaker 2: Funny because they just couldn't help it.
Speaker 3: That's how you know they're close to That's how you always together.
Speaker 2: So it's just you know.
Speaker 1: So now the results are in. The Comets come in first and get twenty points, the Cyclones get fifteen points, Inferno gets ten and holding up the back, the Lightning gets five. Based on total points. Now, the overall ranking is as follows Cyclones, Comets, Lightning, and Inferno is last. Not bad for the comments and if you ask me, they have Sabrina to thank for it. They also should be up. I have more points for the cheerleading competition. They just should be thank you. Also, the comments get their moments and head to the Winner's tent, where they get their own game room. Since this is all film pretty fast, how long do you actually have in the winters tent?
Speaker 3: By the way, I think we were there for all of fifteen twenty minutes, and I was going Keely kept telling me they were these really good smoothies.
Speaker 1: Do we know is there a smoothie? Is somebody on those smoothies? Like? What?
Speaker 2: I don't play bool? What's going on? Can I just get one of those smoothies?
Speaker 1: Because can I get a smoothie? Can we get it to one hundred and ten degrees? I'd like a smoothie.
Speaker 3: I'd like the smoothie that Keeley told me was in her Winter's tent.
Speaker 1: Yep, Nope, you didn't get that. After the game, while Sabrina plays air hockey, Nick Jonas thinks the Blue and Green team have created an a lion's paranoia running wild at the DCG or the Disney Channel games, and so to wrap up the day once again, Brian gives us a small rundown in the Winter's Tent and throws to this week's performance. It's the Jonas Brothers performing Burning Up. So you loved them all. They were all great guys to work with.
Speaker 2: And TB that's great were and they were so talented, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think at the point, it wasn't everyone that was coming up within this like kind of generation. Wasn't always that didn't always have all the right parts to make it really like a great performance. Sure, and no matter what they were performing on these kids just I keep calling them kids.
Speaker 2: They were literally the same age as me. But these guys were.
Speaker 3: Just so talented and they just they had bangers, they had great and the girls in the audience just swound over them.
Speaker 1: It was several of them are not producing our podcast.
Speaker 2: I know, I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: I would love to go to a show with them because I can guarantee crazy there is nothing that stops them from becoming that twelve year old little girl.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about this so funny to want. We talked about camp Rock where it was like, ooh, the acting maybe not so great. They take the stage with their instruments and they're rock stars. I mean they're instantly they rock stars. They own the stage. You can tell the talent, they're born to be there. It's like they're rock stars. I mean you just they just are.
Speaker 2: They really are.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that is now through episode two, we know everybody, We've seen the performances, we know who's in the lead, and we are ready for episode three. Baby Face. In the pregame, Sabrina she has a huge competitive streak. She tells us that, which at this point shocks absolutely no one. And we have some hot stove action going on too. Chelsea and Joe are trying to get Alison Stoner to join the Cyclones, and Brenda Song says she would take Shin from Team Lightning. Life is coming at us very fast. At this point, Sabrina does the produces a solid and helps explain why they're doing something called the International Lunch Extravaganza. You say, to get to know their international teammates. They're gonna try some of the delicacies from their countries, which is cute and ignoring the real reason is to just fill time. We see all the competitors eating cultural food, including vegamite, stinky tofu and snails, which is obviously something they all personally made. Do you remember this and remember any of the food. Was it like sitting out in the and they're like take another bite. You're like, oh god, no, I've done stuff like that, or is it were you guys all they happy to eat it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They had it, and there was a lot of other like really great foods too on it. You know, they had the funny ones that they were going to make sure comments on. But they had it out and it was tented and then they pulled off the tent and everything and it was it was nice and it was fun. It was just like you said, it was a It was a filler.
Speaker 1: And we knew it. But it was really cool.
Speaker 2: And that's something that I did at school.
Speaker 3: We had like an international week and we would come in and that was always my favorite, like to learn and like try new stuff. And you know the only part that was always sketchy was like trying something and like not wanting to offend the person of course, like her and she's just sitting there going, I know.
Speaker 2: I don't like it either.
Speaker 1: I like it exactly. Well. Selena said that it was some of the best food that she's ever eaten? Was she cool? Was she cool as well? On your team?
Speaker 2: I'm sweet?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, the sweet is so nice to everyone, literally to everyone, talked to everyone. She'd always she always was the best at like mingling.
Speaker 2: I'm not a good mingler.
Speaker 1: I kind of aside your head in the game, get your head in the game.
Speaker 2: Well, I just I'm not.
Speaker 3: She was so good at like making sure she was out and like seeing everyone and talking to it.
Speaker 2: And I did, I just didn't do it as well as her. She definitely getcha awesome?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Now, with the stars stomachs filled with ethnic dishes, they head to the field and Brian sneaks in behind them to eat all the food. And so we've got the baby Face Off Challenge, which is a challenge between the stars, unfortunately not a hockey face off between babies, which would have been really cool. The team now have to match their opponents to their baby pictures. The team that does it the fastest wins. It's not physical, They're saying, this is more of a mental brain challenge game. And so we jump in baby face Round one, Inferno and Cyclones go first. And I'll be honest, it doesn't seem very hard at all, and the Inferno agree because they get all the pictures right in their try and win in seconds. It's like seconds. They press the button, which I don't know if you notice, was actually a tap light from home depot, and which is what it was, because I have one in my house, and so there you go. But they win instantly. The Cyclones got too wrong, forcing them to try to figure out which ones they need to switch and then guess what, they get it correct on their second try, because again, this game is not hard, I.
Speaker 3: Know, and I don't think they realized it was gonna be so easy.
Speaker 1: That's simple. Well, I mean, everybody just looks like they're you're going. It's one thing if all the opponents that are playing each other are in their sixties and you've got baby pictures, when you've all got your baby pictures and you're all twelve, it's not that big a deal. It's just not that big a change. So with round one done, Adrian reveals that the Cheetah Girls have created an alliance with the Green team because it's the only team without a Cheetah Girl Sabrina, Adrian and Keeley do a confessional together. They say they love being the Cheetah girls and are like sisters. And your face when she says even when we don't get along in stuf making fun of each other, I was like, I watched your face because your face was like, oh, I didn't know you were going to say that we don't always get along. And I could see that like, oh, we're talking.
Speaker 2: About Disney like of you get in the game. Where are we here right now?
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I could tell your face where she's Oh, she's gonna say weed occaionally don't get along. Wasn't expecting that. Big smiles people, big smiles people. Yes, and it's it's true. I know exactly what it was. It is. Now off to baby face. Round two. The Lightning and Comets are up, and to absolutely no one surprised, both the Lightning and the comets get everything correct on their first guest, which producers, I'm curious, thought this was a good idea. Did they at least do a test run because everybody's getting this instantly correct. Anyway, the lightning beats the commets by a mere two seconds, so they'll move on. Unbelievable. That was a quick That's got to be a tough loss because you couldn't have died. I love they're cutting everybody going like we couldn't have done it any faster.
Speaker 2: Like it was just so fast.
Speaker 1: It was just like, couldn't have gone any faster than we did. And now we have our final baby face off round. But before it begins, Allison announces that the Green team wants them to defect. Killy tells them they should do whatever they feel they want to do, and Alison prepares herself for a big decision. Did you know that you could just switch teams if you want to switch teams? It didn't seem like it could just switch teams.
Speaker 3: Again, This was like so random, such a random timing. And I'm just so glad Keeley kept it together because I know.
Speaker 1: She's like, do what you want.
Speaker 2: If someone came on her.
Speaker 3: Like on a team and was like, oh I'm gonna switch, Like could you imagine?
Speaker 2: How dare you we want?
Speaker 3: Yes, we've already won like so many times, we're doing great, why would you want to leave?
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing where I was like, oh, this is not gonna get but you could tell it was like manufactured. It was and so drama.
Speaker 3: The PC reaction as well too, PC reactions like Okay, if that's what you want, go for it, go for it.
Speaker 1: You gotta do what you feel is right. Yes, but now let's move on to something that's actually important, which is the infront of the lightning will compete for first place. But this time they've added a new element. Once the team gets all the pictures right, two members will then wear helmets with glasses on top of them. A third team member will fill those glasses with milk, but weirdly not milk, and they went out of their way to say it's not milk, probably because they didn't.
Speaker 2: Why would that be.
Speaker 1: Maybe they don't want to want Disney didn't want them. Maybe looking like they were wasting all the milk, okay would be my guess, I guess, But anyway, they're doing that from large baby bottles, then by running back and forth to fill a bucket of all the fake milk with the full glasses. Whoever crosses the buckets red line first gets to dunk someone from the opposing team into the water. Again. I don't know why it's not real milk. I think they just didn't want to look like they were wasting milk or would have been bad at the cows. They're milking all the cows and then they're just dumping it. Maybe they didn't want people to do that. You know, Disney always airs on the side of let's not piss off big cow. The first to do this incredibly complicated. Addition, wins Adrian and Keeley are picked by their competition to be in the dunk tanks, proving that absolutely everyone is jealous of the cheek.
Speaker 2: Hey, I was offended.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait, first of all, again, I don't remember this at all, and I don't remember it.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I was offended, like seeing back like they the team picks a cheetah girl for each one, right, yeah, knowing Keeley and Adrian and me too, I'm going to put myself in there.
Speaker 2: How long it takes us to do our hair.
Speaker 3: I wish I could remember the conversation when the producers came to them and said, hey, by the way, you're gonna get down to in a deck.
Speaker 1: Because also both of them got done.
Speaker 3: It's like what I could only think of how their faces would have been like you want to do what now?
Speaker 1: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Or I just got all my hair done?
Speaker 1: Well, they were both champs. They were sweet.
Speaker 2: You're sweet about it. I'm sure they.
Speaker 1: It was. Here's my here's my thought. Because they folks like sir Jason Dolly was never spoken to. You almost never saw him there. A bunch of them you never saw there. They were focusing on the cheaty girls quite a bit because your new movie was coming out. Yes, my guess is your movie was the next one to come out. That's why you were gonna close the whole thing up. And anytime they had to isolate you they did. So they put the two cheety girls in the dunk tank. They had you for Tug of War. It was like anytime they kept cutting to you guys for your own talking heads. So my guess is they knew what the movies that were coming out, So that's what the focus was. The teams didn't pick Keelly and Adrian. The producers picked a Kielli Adrian because we want to put the cheaty girls up there.
Speaker 2: I know, I just wish I could remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the fly on the wall for that conversation.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I was right there, but I know I don't remember it, So I wish I could remember.
Speaker 2: Like seeing their faces like that's okay.
Speaker 1: Not gonna happen. This is an haircut. So now with everything set, Brian puts them on their marks, gets them set, and you The Lightning starts off strong, but somehow gets two baby pictures wrong. The Infernal gets all the pictures right in the first try, because you know they have eyes. They start the next stage with the baby bottles and quote unquote milk. It is a heated battle, but the early lead is too tough to overcome, and Jason earls dunks Killy into the tank. A heated Killy tells her team to dunk Adrian anyway, and there's a melee that ends with her fellow Cheetah girls submerge. But who cares. The Inferno won the challenge, and in the end Alison decides they will stay true to Blue. So, of course that was all manufactured for no reason at all, and you know that Allison probably didn't want to do it. Nobody wanted to do it. But they're like, hey, when they asked, we should, but your good soldiers. When you're on the team and you do it, they tell you reading.
Speaker 3: Their face, they really didn't want to say that. You can can tell the demeanor was, I don't want to upset my I don't want to upset my team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't want to do it. I don't want to be fun. I don't want to leave. It was Yeah, they they handled it well. They handled it well, but you could tell they didn't really want to do it. Yeah. Either way, Now we know where we are and we know what's going on. And now let's get the rankings. Because Inferno gets twenty points, Lightning fifteen, Comets ten, and Cyclones come in last with five, and so the updated leader ward Reads follows. Inferno and Lightning are tied first place, and the Cyclones and Comments are tied for second. It's really anyone's gain, people, nobody's out of it yet, Okay, so stick with us. And something that can only be said in two thousand and eight, Brian announces that the winner's tent has free bling for Inferno. In reality, that means they just get to pick their own choice of fake jewelry, bling out their outfits and wear airbrushed hats. And this is not only the worst prize of the series, this is the worst prize of any show that's ever aired, ever, ever, ever. It's terrible, It's a terrible thing. It's a terrible I was like, really, you can even say, like the Disney Channel people like, hey, which plastic thing do you want? Like this is the greatest. You can't have SODA's and like a beach ball, I mean something. It doesn't seem at all.
Speaker 2: They're all of them, all of the going into the tent.
Speaker 3: We're kind of you just wanted a smoothie, yeah, I mean if that's all you got, yeah, I'd be fine with that.
Speaker 1: It can't be a room filled with candy. It can't be a room filled with pizza. It can't be a room. I mean, I could think of a thousand things better than an airbrushed hat and a fake bling, but come on, I don't get it. But it's uh. They still won. Now, after the game, the bitter comments put all of the Inferno's furniture outside their tent while they're busy in the Terrible winners Club. As if the Blink Club wasn't painful enough, Now they have to eventually move their stuff back inside. Sabrina, how dare you who came up with this idea? Was this the producers or was this all of you?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I bet you it was, Kyle. I don't remember, but I'm almost POSSI it's something like that, because if you notice, I don't, you don't see Kevin doing it.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there. Yeah, we probably finally got broke.
Speaker 3: And while they did, they're filming in the special tent and we're like, Okay, we're gonna go somewhere a little bit cooler. And then we've heard about our team doing that, and it was like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Oh you guys, I guess we pranked you. I didn't know anything about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that totally seems like a funny thing. Kyle would do.
Speaker 1: It does well. It was fun and became kind of a thing on the show, and it's fun to kind of prank the people.
Speaker 2: That went sure.
Speaker 1: As always, Brian is back in the Winter's Tent, now completely blinged out because why not, He throws to this week's performer, Jordan Prewitt performing My Shoes. I'm gonna be totally honest with you. It was good, But I have no idea who Jordan prew it is. Is this somebody who's become big that I haven't heard about, or was this someone they were trying to launch you never became big. I don't know who this is, and I apologize to Jordan. I don't know who this is.
Speaker 3: I remember her being a recording artist that was signed with Hollywood Records and for some reason and I put him like notes. I don't remember why, but the channel pushed her hard. She was an opening knocked for us at some point during our touring life.
Speaker 1: Like she Oh, I guess she did songs for Jumping and read it and weep.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, she did songs for them. Yeah, so they from Hollywood Records. They pushed her music and her as an artist in quite a bit.
Speaker 2: But I don't remember if she ever broke broke like super big.
Speaker 1: But she wasn't one of the contestants, right, No, Okay.
Speaker 3: She was gorgeous and she had a great voice because I I mean, she was a really good, really good singer.
Speaker 2: So I just don't remember if.
Speaker 1: Well, for all in all fairness, producer Jensen just let me know that until last night, he thought it was Jordan Pruitt from nine oh two one zero. So I guess it's somebody else. I we don't again, I no, no, I thought it was Ray Pruit. I thought Jordan Pruitt was Ray Pruitt. Oh, I mean literally I don't think anyone knows who she.
Speaker 3: Is, Okay, fair enough, No, she was a younger she I'm sure if you were somebody who listened to Radio Disney, you would have known her songs.
Speaker 2: You would have known who she was because she was.
Speaker 3: Really, Like I said, Disney backed her really well. So I'm just not sure where it ended up going.
Speaker 1: So they really just they really it's somebody that they tried to kind of launch. Yeah, there we go, and uh that ends episode three. We're now on episode four, fuz Its or Losing, and pregame, we've got all four teams talking about how close they've gotten with their teammates, especially some of the international stars new to the scene. Selina says she's really bonded with the girl from Germany, and Keeley announces a new friendship with Demi Levado. Now, how long had it been in reality? By this point? This is three days? Were you shooting them one at a time? So was it one day, one day? One day?
Speaker 3: For some reason, I feel like we were maybe maybe it was a shorter one. It had to have been three days because I had three different hairstyles.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna go, Okay, I didn't even notice that, But there you go. That's amazing. Okay. So then over three days we also get a segment with Dylan and Cole Sprouse, who even at this point are still not the Olsen twins explaining their dynamic as brothers. We jump right into Fozit or Lose It round one, And this game made me one to get it now for my friends to play it as adults with alcohol sick, well.
Speaker 2: Without god same. Honestly, I was like, man out of all of so fun. Looks like so much fun.
Speaker 1: So much fun. I've got to find a way to get this. We've got to play it. It's just like real football game, people, but the teams are going to compete in a larger human version of the game where you're strapped in there, inside and inflatable, each holding onto poles spaced out like the little soccer figures in the game. While holding out of the pole, they can only move side to side and kick the soccer ball when it comes to them. The first team to score five goals within a ten minute period wins and advances to the final. The Lightning and Inferno compete first, so Brian tosses the ball onto the playing field. The Inferno start out strong with Jason Earl's getting two quick points for Red. That's followed up by Cole Sprouse and Roger getting two points for Blue, and we're all tied up until Cole scores again, lightning up three to two, and the drama builds when Mitchell Musso gets a third point for the Inferno, tying it back up three to three. But the game ends when Rafa, who is apparently an All Star soccer player he's also forty, scores for midfield, giving the Inferno four points and the win for this round. Now, this was the guy who they at one point they caught to him surrounded by twelve year olds and he looks like their dad. Yeah, he is like a forty year old man.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I felt like a lot of the international stars look were adults a lot older than the ones from the States.
Speaker 1: But this guy especially was like having to take beats from the game to go take care of his kids.
Speaker 2: Like he was no But was it Shin on the Blue team.
Speaker 1: Shin was another one who.
Speaker 2: Helped win that first one. He looked a lot older.
Speaker 1: Maybe they used more adult people internationally on the Disney channels like close like a Mark Summer's kind of the girls.
Speaker 3: The girls from the international teams looked a lot older.
Speaker 1: The girls look but again, Rafa was like a man. I mean he was. He had wrinkles around his eyes like he was a he was an adult.
Speaker 2: It was Rafa which what team?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 2: Where was he from?
Speaker 1: Rafa was from Italy? Right it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Rafa the one and the guy, the guy from Australia too.
Speaker 2: They both looked a lot older.
Speaker 1: Australian guy with the long hair.
Speaker 2: The girls looked a little.
Speaker 3: It looked a lot older when you compared them to even like Brenda's song who was on the old.
Speaker 2: Yes side of it, they still looked a good four.
Speaker 1: Or five years. Yeah, the American actors definitely were younger than the international actresses. It leads me to believe that they just maybe use older people in other international places, which is certainly possible. But yeah, so good for Rafa. He was able to uh score it to the final score against score against children just in time for murder, she wrote, which is his favorite show to watch? Sorry, Angela, Yes he's the best. So now we're on diffuz it or Lose It? Round two the comments and Cyclones take the field, which means Joe and Kevin are up against each other. If you're still on Jonas Watch, which I know our producers are. The game begins and this one looks a little bit heated, Sabrina, Now, what what was this like? Because you weren't strapped in, you didn't play.
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't even there on the sideline at rehearsals.
Speaker 2: For the show.
Speaker 3: That must have been a time where we were able to steal off and go to the reversal since they weren't using us for the game.
Speaker 1: You would have loved this game. This looks like I would have hugely fun game.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to do this one.
Speaker 1: Yes, hugely fun game to play, so wasting no time. Joe gets the first point for the Cyclone, but Martin from France, who is like Diego Maradona, follows it up for the Comets and we're tied. Then Martin pulls a Jason Earls and scores a second point for the Comets, and maybe the most dramatic move yet, Joe gets it past his brother Kevin to score a second point for the Cyclones and we are all tied up. And then Martin scores again and then again for the comments, not only marking him as the Disney Channel Games version of Pele, but giving his team four points. Time is running out when moistes Area scores the fifth and final point for the Comets, crowning them for the winners. For round two and before the finals, we have a bonus tug of four, which is a play on tug of war. Brian throws a bit of a curveball here. He singled out the Cheetah Girls, the Jonas Brothers, and the Sprouses for a little sibling rivalry and a tug of four. As the name suggests, it's a four way tug of war, and the first pair to win gets five extra points for their team, like they should for the cheer competition. They also get to wear crowns while the other six members pull them around the field on the first chariots. From the beginning, Kevin and Sabrina played for the Comets, Adrian and Nick play for the Inferno, Keeli and Cole play for the Lightning, while Joe and Dylan play for the Cyclone. Brian kicks it off and it's actually really intense. Sabrina again in the front for her duo is pulling as hard as is humanly possible. I mean, you are one hundred and ten into this thing.
Speaker 3: This is what I think you've asked me. Is there anything like embarrassing? And I said, when you look up the DC Games on the internet and like images me pulling this freaking rope with crazy face is what like comes up for me on the DC Games.
Speaker 2: And it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Like you were great, No, you can not.
Speaker 2: Lose against Keeley and Adrian. That could not happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, in the end you didn't because it was Joe and Dylan that one adding five points to their total. Then the enjoyment of their chariot being pulled by the losers. And here's the thing. I was just watching your face as they're bashing the Cheetah girls and I'm like, oh, she gonna snap. She's one second of turn around smacking.
Speaker 3: Some little Joe brom over there and bothering you.
Speaker 1: Oh that cheetahs aren't that fast. Looks like the Cheetahs lost the race. Like oh getting personal here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super personal.
Speaker 1: But enough of the tug of four. It is back for fooz it or lose it round three and it is the Comets versus the Inferno winner to get the lion's share of the points. The competition is hot and heavy for the finals people. So when the ref throws out the ball, Martin scores the first time for the Comets, because of course he did, He's Martin. Then again he scores a second point, and now he's most likely being scouted by the French national foosball team because he just keeps scoring. And then Nick somehow kicks the ball completely out of the game, which is unpredictable, but you know what was predictable.
Speaker 2: Martin scores again, but Nick kicking it out, that's what you saw.
Speaker 1: His frustration. He just well, he's got the French guy in front of him just smoking him.
Speaker 2: Professional French soccer player. Doesn't get out of my.
Speaker 1: Face, I'm telling you. And then a fourth goal again by Martin Nick Jonas. I mean, anyone who's ever played this game, no one can stop this guy. He didn't need a team. It's just the French machine. Machine defus was this guy who was just crushing it somehow. Though, it's Moyses who scores the winning goal for the Comets, giving Martin a well deserved break, and that is the game, Comets win.
Speaker 3: Martin what his reactions in the first round especially were a little aggressive.
Speaker 1: We're having people at pushing them and it is soccer.
Speaker 2: Next to him, and he's like and I'm like, you're gonna break him.
Speaker 1: Leave him alone.
Speaker 2: We've already tried to kill him in the chair. Can you just leave Moises alone?
Speaker 1: Nobody can break Moises. Nobody can break Moises ever, so that's it. Comets win. Now. To rank the winners, the Comets take twenty points, the Inferno get fifteen, Lightning at ten points and Cyclones get five, but they also get those five extra points from tug of four, So the new overall ranking has the Infernos and the Comets tied for first. You should be up five points, with the Lightning in third and the Cyclone in fourth. The comments once again head to the winners club, where they won a hip hop house party, which could probably use those blingan airbrush hats if they're being honest. Here, the tent is decorated with lights, a disco ball, and a dance floor, and again, like the sore loser babies they are, the other teams deflate the Comets furniture while they're partying. The day Away. Brian then has a privileged to announce this week's performers. It's Demi Lovado and the Jonas Brothers performing This is Me from camp Rock, one of our favorite d com camp rock jams. We love this, love this song, and so it was great they were out there, they ripped it up. These were fun ways to end and I just by I think the third one of these that just watching the episodes back to back to back, I just paused and went, it's so perfect Disney Channel. I mean, it is just the perfect synergy. It is get all your stars together, it's not that expensive to shoot, other than flying everybody down there, you've got Then you get to end with a concert. You're promoting your movies, you're promoting your stars, you're promoting your music.
Speaker 2: They spent money into the production for that concert.
Speaker 1: Hell yes, that's where they put the money. The money was for the concerts, not for the games, which works.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're better than the games in the previous.
Speaker 3: Season that I had been on, so well, this was Yes, I'm so Disney Channel.
Speaker 2: It was so easy.
Speaker 3: For the fun to be shown through the screen because we were really all having a good time, and even like being at the concert and watching, like watching Demi Lovado, like being able to see say that, like I was at one of the first times she really got a chance to perform live in front of an audience. And man, you could see even though she's young, you can see the star power and you can well her vibing off of Joe. Her just I mean, owning the stage even though she's with three you know, guys on the stage, which is tough to do in front of a crowd that's predominantly girls.
Speaker 2: Like it's just insane. I mean, she just oh man, she's This.
Speaker 1: Is Disney Channel. This is what Disney Channel does better than anybody. The Dcom's amazing, their sitcoms amazing, but the synergy they come up with to wrap up their stars with their music, with their this, with their with their park. You're at Disney World, you doing I mean, it's just nobody does it. And like this when they.
Speaker 3: Had they were in full speed ahead, right Like because Cheetah Girls one came out in two thousand and three, so we're five years later, they've come out with you know, high school musical, The Camp Rocks. I mean, they are just like getting bangers after the bangers. They're bringing in the Joe Bros.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: I mean, they are just this is it right here, this is a head just Disney at their fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what the games were. So you got to let you get you let go of the cheesiness because man, it is the ultimate business senter.
Speaker 2: Game because it makes it fun and silly, you know, but oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely okay. It is now the season finale, Episode five, Ultra Ultimate Relay astac Abstact. It's a big relay race. So for the pregame, it's the last chance to score points, so all the teams are focusing on strat energies to win. Everybody wants the trophy, even Sabrina, who announces that there's nothing her team won't do to win, which kind of sounds like h doable hockey stick. She's gonna sell her soul with the devil to win that big coup.
Speaker 2: I was ready, I think after the season before I.
Speaker 1: See there you go. I think we also have to assume that's also going to include killing Jake t Austin from Wizards of Waverley Place.
Speaker 2: If you had to, I think you would, oh no, not that cutey, but Tuti.
Speaker 1: You would have with everyone Back on the field, Brian announces he has some special individual awards to give out before the big Final Challenge. The Sportsmanship Award for treating teammates and opponents with respect goes to Shin Koyamata. Do you agree with this one? I don't. Oh, there's a pause. Would you have given it to?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I probably would have done it to either given it to Selena Gomez or Brenda Song.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like I said, they were really.
Speaker 3: Good about, you know, going around working getting to know everyone. Because again with some of the international star and I don't know one hundred percent of that was with Shin, like there was a language barrier sometimes that was hard for them to be able to really kind of interact with us.
Speaker 1: They were also thirty years older than you, which which makes a lot of a difference as well.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what's funny is I say that, but like knowing how much older I was than like the Sprouse brothers.
Speaker 1: There you go like, wait a minute, yeah you were you were one of the olds too.
Speaker 2: I've popped up over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you were, you were, you were in that in that group considered middle aged. With that group they had. They had the older people, then you had the middle aged people, then you have the Sprouses. That's just the way it was. Yeah, so okay. So the International Spirit Award goes to someone who, as an ambassador for their country, has inspired players, and that went to Rafa Baronessi of Brazil. He was from Brazil, not Italy, despite the fact that Martin scored twenty five foosball goals. Agree or disagree with this one? I would have given it to Martin.
Speaker 2: You would have given it to Martin.
Speaker 1: Okay, of course he's Keith started a whole new career in front of everybody's eyes as a professional foosball and finally the Class Clown Award goes to Moiss Areas. In addition to his trophy, he got a big foam cowboy hat Sabrina. Agree or disagree?
Speaker 3: It really could have gone between Mois's again, Kyle or the Sprouse brothers.
Speaker 2: They all four of them.
Speaker 3: You could not get them to stop going, just saying these like little funny.
Speaker 2: Liners that just kept popping in their head.
Speaker 3: You know, they were all such goofballs and getting them together in one.
Speaker 2: Group was hilarious. So I can imagine giving it to any one of them.
Speaker 1: And now let's get back to the leaderboards. That's the most important thing. Tied for first place with fifty five points is the Inferno and Comet. The Lightning is in third with fifty points and the Cyclones are in fourth. Who cares, they're total, They're not gonna win. And now for the Ultra Omega Ultimate Opposite Tacular Relay race. All four teams will compete at once in this big closing obstacle course. Each team's first player will race down the lane in a hamster ball, which is always a funny visual. Once they cross a finish line, the next player must remove a flag from the ball and place it in a backpack, an item that will be passed off at every leg. But next up is the two person egg carry. If they drop the egg off the plate they're running with, they'll have to go back and start over. Once finished, they climb up a bounce house and slide down the other side, leading to a phone pit, where a team member must find his or her team's colored balls. Then there are mini trikes, which oh I love to I think everyone should still have big tricycles to ride, and then the Ultimate Sprint to the team's flagpole. The first team to successfully raise their flag wins, and in the end this is for all the marbles and why waste any more time people. Brian blows the whistle and the course begins. Jennifer, Jason, Martin, and Roshan are the first in the hamster balls, and Jason is the first across the finish line. Everyone ends up close for the egg balance, but the Lightning ends up with a slight lead, followed by Comet, Cyclone and Inferno, and then everyone is basically tied by the time they get to the phone pit. The betters in Vegas must be going wild at this point. Rafa from Inferno finishes first and then passes the backpack to j. T. Austin, who we talked about Sabrina wanting to kill earlier, who completes the mini trike course easily keeping Inferno in the lead. Jay Kans's backpack off to Dennis for the final sprint, and just like that, Inferno wins the game. Comet takes second by five points, which they should have had the five points before, so it should actually be tied. Cyclone in third and very close behind the Lightning take last, so our last ranking of the teams people with our final points, we have the results, and the Infernos are this season's Disney Channel Games champions with seventy five points. Second place is Sabrina Brian's comments with seventy points, only losing by five, So you could have won the tug Award. Maybe you should have tried a little harder. We're gonna work on that, and.
Speaker 2: I think I slipped.
Speaker 1: And the cheerleading thing, you should have gotten five points of that and you should have been tied. And tied for third are Cyclone and Lightning with fifty five points each. After announcing the winner, Brian sends everyone back to their tents before the big victory celebration and now we are back on the concert stage. Brian takes the stage to applause from the huge Orland crowd. He's a great, perfect kind of Disney Channel host for this kind of stuff. We get a montage with highlights from all five episodes, leading to Brian bringing out international superstars the Cheetah Girls to perform Dance Me if you can, Sabrina. First of all, so much fun to actually watch you perform live. It's the first time I've really gotten a chance to do it. I've seen the movie, but this is the first time to like see you on stage and you're all killing it. What do you remember about this performance?
Speaker 3: The energy was so fun. We had such a good time. I do remember somewhat being the stakes were a little higher. Everyone from Disney was there, all the execs, everyone in Hollywood Records was there, so it was like, don't screw up, right, and we were getting ready to start working on probably probably are our third and final tour. So it was just like a really fun time during it, and I loved I actually keep getting clips sent to me from the third movie. This this dance may if you chan is from the third movie.
Speaker 1: And which is the one in India?
Speaker 3: Yes, And I always say I like the second movie. I like the second movie storyline, but the music in the third.
Speaker 2: Movie is so good, like it was.
Speaker 3: By that time, we had done, you know, our our first two soundtracks, which aren't done as much as like a girl group soundtrack is made, and then we did our own album outside of the soundtracks in between, and then we had done the third soundtrack, but we did the third soundtrack more like we did our album, so we were a little bit more collaborative and working at it on it together, so that just gave it a different vibe and it was like a lot of us was in the song. So I just remember really loving it because it felt like the songs that we would do from our album, Like it felt like our music, not music that was given to us.
Speaker 2: That's cool, if that makes sense, No, it does.
Speaker 3: I love the second second album, it's it's incredible. I love doing the first albums because it's so nostalgic for all of us as well. But this third album was just different soundtracks, right, The third soundtrack was just different. And then like and when I was like, oh man, and we had our our brought our choreographer out with us to Florida to work on the choreography with us in the staging, and she just killed it and did such a great job.
Speaker 2: So I was really proud of it.
Speaker 3: It's you know, I I think for us, we tried to really continuously do as best as we can to somewhat raise the bar as far as performance going of what you would think would come from a girl group coming from the channel.
Speaker 1: That's cool, and it was always good for us.
Speaker 2: To do good performances, not go out there and do something.
Speaker 1: Like you thoroughly enjoyed watching you sing and dance. I really did.
Speaker 2: It was like that friend, I loved performing that.
Speaker 3: That's like my favorite thing. You get me on a stage and I'm able to do my thing. I like, absolutely, you're an entertainer.
Speaker 1: That's really really cool. Once the song ends, all the players from the four teams come on stage in their color coordinated tracksuits. The check presentation game twenty five thousand dollars each for the Make a Wish Foundation, the Starlight Children's Foundation, Uni Seth, and the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, So one hundred grand for charity. That's awesome. And then Miley Cyrus comes out in a brown Disney Channel Games tracksuit you must have been on Team Poop, and she presents a comically large Disney Channel Games cup to the winners, Team Inferno. The Cheetah Girls return to perform One World alongside all the Disney Channel Games stars who were dancing along, and that is of course the synergy to their new movie coming out, and that is also the two thousand and eight Disney Channel game. Sabrina, what were your overall feelings looking back on this? How did it make you feel just reliving what you just did.
Speaker 2: This was so cool.
Speaker 3: It was so cool that the memories that although there's so many times where I'm like, that's a gap, I don't remember that, but it was just, like I said, the energy being around the other people that were on the channel, you know, it just was really fun to be able to vibe with them. And then, like I said, just the overall experience when I think about the games, these actual games were so much better I felt than the time the season before. They were just really thought out and it was really a fun experience and it just was a great, a great time.
Speaker 2: And then again we ended it.
Speaker 3: The concert was at the very end, like the final night that we were all there, so it just kind of was this like, you know, energy that just kept getting built and like, you know.
Speaker 2: Miley's coming, Demi's performing.
Speaker 3: You know, it was just like this whole energy and then we all got to like be there and actually watch everyone perform. It was really fun and I just like I think back and go, oh my gosh, I'm gonna have you know, I'm so glad it's on Disney Plus. Because Monroe was watching it, she was so excited. She loved seeing it and it was just I feel really honored to say I was able to be on.
Speaker 1: That Becaueah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: They don't have they haven't Adam since from what I know, you know, we're gonna yeah, I mean, I'm you go, gosh, in just three years here, it's gonna be the twentieth anniversary of it, Like, they should definitely do this.
Speaker 1: They can. We're gonna we'll talk. We're gonna change that. You and I are gonna change that. But anyway, thank you everybody so much for joining us. This was I mean, you want to talk about Disney Channel at its peak and doing the synergy thing, this is it. We are back on regular form and format next week. Our next movie is two Thousands Surf Romance, Rip Girls, or as I'm already gonna be calling it, Julie Tsunami. It's on Disney Plus, so get ahead of us and watch it now. But we're not quite done with the Disney Channels Games Special Detour yet. Our little side quest here we're doing the unthinkable. Yes, people, we are and bringing back two magical rewind guests to talk about their time on the DCG or the Disney Channel Games it's two stars who've already exchanged words through our podcast claiming true dominance over each other. That's a little hyperbolic, but I mean, let's make it dramatic, like you know, oh my, is she gonna like are they gonna leave the team? Are they not gonna leave the team? Hyperbolic drama, that's what we're gonna do. So here it is. This week, we spoke to both Jason Earls and Sir Jason Dolly. Together. Our goal was to crown in all time DC Games MVP. The two went in, one came out. Let's listen to a small snippet of what you're here on the magical rewind Feed. No joke, not Hyperbolely best Simon says game I've ever seen in my life, Like it was a really genuinely I finished watching and I went, I want to play this with a bunch of my friends, Like I want to get together and actually have a big Simon says things with a bunch of my friends. But you know what the secret sauce there is is Brian Stapana. Yeah That's what I'm saying. So you got to get with him to be Simon, and then it will be amazing because I couldn't believe how good he was. Have you guys talked to Brian. No, we haven't talked to Brian yet.
Speaker 4: You should talk to him because he has like a little PTSD. He he talks about it now and he's like, he's like, I was so I didn't know what to do. You guys would not get he was so like it was as stressful for him as it was for us.
Speaker 1: He couldn't figure out how to get us out. Was made, folks, So make sure you are subscribed to the Magical Rewind feed so you don't miss the official Battle of the Jasons. And for more info, you can follow us at the Magical Rewind pod on the Instagram machine. Now, five more points and you would have tied for first place. And you should have had those five points because you won the cheer off.
Speaker 2: If we had won the tug of war, that's it we could have taken at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you can sleep tonight. We did not because you let it slip. You let it slip.
Speaker 2: It's my fault. We did not go home with that giant sel versed irophoam.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope you can live with yourself put either way, this giant thing, which I still would have had I don't throw anything away. Thank you everybody, and we'll see you next time. Bye.