Speaker 1: I'm Thomas White.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Fish on First on Foul Territory Network.
Speaker 3: Fish Unfiltered, Episode one twelve here on the Fish on First podcast, part of the Foul Territory Network and presented by Jetski Rentals of South Florida. I'm Eli Sussman, the founder of Fish on First. Usually don't hear me very often on Unfiltered. This is a bit of an unconventional episode heading into the All Star break that I think you guys are going to absolutely love. Coming up in just a few minutes. Here on the pod, you'll be hearing an exclusive interview with Cam Canerella, one of the very best prospects in this Marlins organization. He spoke virtually with Alex Carver and Isaaca Zoot about the incredible breakout year that he's had in this Marlins organization and the progress he's made towards becoming an eventual Big leaguer, his reflections on the draft itself. This is a chance, of course, for us to plug our previous podcast episode at for whatever reason you didn't get a chance to watch live. We had our reactions to the MLB Draft, specifically the first round pick that the Marlins made selecting shortstop Jacob Lombard at the top of their draft class. So we had our old reactions from our analysts, our draft analysts as well as everybody else on the staff. Those of us that are just kind of along for the ride don't know very much about the draft prospects. Most of us in agreement that Marlins nailed that pick given the circumstances. Although it's going to be a lot of pressure on Lombard shoulders to justify that that selection given how much of a percentage of their bonus pool, he is going to the accountable form all by himself. Check out that episode if you haven't already. That went up on Saturday afternoon, and it's very fitting that it goes in directly to the Canerella interview because Canarella's selected just a year ago in twenty twenty five. He was the second pick of that Marlins draft class. I had an article that went up on the side a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to browse through it here about looking at the Marlins picks from a year ago and getting up to speed on how they're doing right now, with the understanding that it takes many years to fully assess a draft class. For example, I would say that the twenty twenty class is the epitome of that, right because it was headlined by Max Meyer that for a lot of his tenure in the Marlins organization. Seems like that was a misuse of the number three overall pick, and all of a sudden six years later, our tune changes on that quite a bit, as Max is now representing the Marlins at the All Star Game, and deservedly so. But this is a check in on how the Marlins draft class from twenty twenty five is doing a year later, which feels a little bit more useful than usual, just because this was a very rare all college draft for the Marlins. Twenty one selections all them out of four year universities, which would indicate that these players, under the most circumstances, would be quicker to the big leagues than players that were selected out of high school for example. The Marlins went this route, and the quick summary is that none of these are exceptionally fast risers. We're a full year later, and I wouldn't say any of them are knocking on the door of a call up. It would be somewhat unlikely if any of these guys debut in twenty twenty six, although we have several that are prome to debut in early twenty twenty seven. As we'll get to I'm going to scroll up in reverse order, starting from the end of the draft to the first not gonna mention every single name on here. If you want to find that again, this is on fish on first dot Com in our prospects section. Many of these late round picks for the Marlins were on the pitching side. Cannon, Pickle, Payden, Fosher, Hayden, Cuthberson, Xavier Cardenas, R. J. Schunk. He is a left hander, and for most of these guys it's been a combination of control issues or just lack of availability. You have players here like Cardanus, who's only pitched ten and two thirds total innings in pro Bawl over the course of a calends er a year shown fourteen innings, and pick El thirty one professional endings. Almost all these guys are going to be relievers if they do make it even close to the major league level, and control has been a problem overall for these guys, but relatively small investments there's been Josh Hogue. He's a position player in the fifteenth rounds, Carson Laws and the fourteenth rounds who's actually been able to pitch quite a bit and had a bit of an up and down ten years so far, which is an improvement compared to some of these guys drafted behind him. But none of these pictures yet have ascended beyond the high A level. I think that's what sticks out is that arms can move very quickly through an organization. If you show good stuff and you show decent control, then these players can be fast tracked towards the big leagues. And instead, the Marlins aren't going to be getting any help from these pictures quite yet. It's gonna take a little lot longer to go. But I'd say Carson Laws, out of their Day three picks, he's the one that really jumps out of the screen at a nearly perfect performance a couple of weeks ago for hya Ba Lloyd's the rest of these Day three picks Catcher Wilson Weber. Unfortunately, he hasn't hit a lick and doesn't look like he'll stick at catcher much moving forward. Jaden Williamson has been fiching out of the bullpen in Jupiter and coming from a very very small school. He has not performed whatsoever with a very inflated era. As we get higher up. This is going back into the first ten rounds of the draft. You have a utility player Jake McCutcheon who's been primarily converted to an outfielder at this point. Cayden Wilson very quietly got a huge sounding bonus for the Marlins right around seven hundred thousand dollars coming out of the draft out of Texas A and M. And he got hurt after his very first relief appearance in Pro Bowl, so we haven't seen him since. One finally positive to really shout out here in the eighth rounds was infielder Amelio Barreras, coming out of Grand Canyon University. Barreras has been a great performer for this organization, Welle of the few guys that actually hit extremely well at low A Jupiter, which is hard to do. What you see is that because of the conditions are so different offensively in Jupiter, guys get moved up even if they don't perform. But he really did more walks than strikeouts at Jupiter before getting moved up to Beloit, and he's continued to show good discipline with the skycarp plays second base, shortstop, and third base, so the versatility helps. And for the moment he is snuck into our fof Top thirty list, he'll have to get back on track offensively to maintain that because there has been some slippage since his most recent promotion. But that is a decent fine to have. A self described pest of a player who is very difficult to strike out, who can play a lot of different positions, and who has shown some more power I think than was anticipated thus far, but primarily a guy that is going to cause opponents to bleed to death with well placed singles all around the field. In the seventh round, j Clementsee became coming out of Florida. In the sixth round, Joey Vallini, he's a He looked like he was on the verge of maybe moving up to double A Pensacola, but has had more inconsistencies since posting this article. Overall, he's been very dificult to hit, but also very easy to run against. So it's an interesting profile there as a left handed pitcher who has a huge frame, somebody that I think you will see him at the double a level later on this summer and then at the top ends. Injuries really have been quite a bit of a story with all these position players. Marlins went with hitters each of their first six picks of this draft. Chris Royo in the fifth rounds a guy who spent most of his childhood in South Florida, originally from Puerto Rico. He suffered a moniscous injury just a few games into the season. He'll be back to baseball activities shortly after the season ends, but he's not going to be playing any more minor league ball this year. Drew Farreu has missed a considerable amount of time due to injury as well for this team, and after hitting at a great clip coming out of the draft in twenty twenty five, it hasn't been the same year this year. And Max Williams, as I was writing this a couple of weeks ago, he had been completely silenced. He had been on the IL all season long, and just recently made his debut with Loway Jupiter already shown some promise in that small sample, and I expect that he'll be up at Beloit's later on this summer, but injuries have taken away a lot of his opportunity.
Speaker 4: Thus far, Cap, I've been looking for the best deals for the All Star Game tickets in Philly. Where are you gonna get some tickets from?
Speaker 5: I'm going straight out to Rife Field. If Harper and Schwarber both joined the home run derby, I want to be catching the hometown guys hitting them. So I'm going out to the Rife Field kind of where I think I could get the best chance of catching one of those home runs.
Speaker 4: Maybe in the second deck. You can go on the app and you can look to see what your view is gonna because the boys are going to be launching them. Johns and with over thirty five million downloads, see geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed at seekik, including concerts, sports, festivals, and more. And of course I have a code for you all. You can use the code territory ten for ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at Seakeeek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets with promo code territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Thank you to scene kick, and we'll see at the game.
Speaker 3: So then we'll dive more closely into the very top guys, the top three picks, because this is where the Marlins invest in most of their money, and these are the guys that I think have the by far the best chance of actually being impact big league players, which is really all you need. If these top three guys all kind of come close to their ceilings, then that really justifies the whole draft class. That's the realistic, the grim realities that most of these players are not going to be reaching the big leagues, and that's a very small sample usually that actually stays in the big leagues over the course of a handful of years. But usually these top three have fascinating potentials and very different profiles from each other as well. So weave Brandon Compton. He was their second round pick. He's now up to the double A level, currently ranked nineteen on the FLF Top thirty, and he is as extreme as you can get when it comes to the three true outcomes being home runs, strikeouts, and walks. It was it was absolutely mind boggling early on this season with Beloit's how much how often he was doing the walks and the strikeouts. He was on pace to set of Marlins minor league record for walks, and he wasn't far behind when it comes to strikeouts. But fortunately he's actually responded very well since his promotion to Pensacola, where the home run production has been off the charts. Another fun wrinkle is that he is stealing bases at a high level for a guy that I think you could just size him up with the eye test. That is a very thick individual, somebody that you wouldn't expect to produce even average speed, and yet to this point his minor league career, he's on a pace of stealing on the course of a full season a rate he's on pace for thirty plus steals, and this season alone he's closing in on twenty so far. With Compton, I don't think that aspect will translate to the big league level, but the pole side power is extremely impressive for Compton. That's going to be his carrying aspect. Between that and the walks, that's the formula you would hope to be a long term strong side platoon bat at either left field or DH, a combination of those two Yeah, to this point, they're of course trying to make him stick as a defender in those corner raple field spots. He may end up transitioning to first base later on. That's a possibility given some of the limitations with his range as an outfielder. It's just that he is hitting so so well since moving over to Pensacola and ops closing in on eleven hundred as of this recording, and now he's riding them on the verge of taking over the minor league lead for this team in home runs as a whole this year with seventeen total home runs in seventy games slash line for the whole season at this point two forty four fourteen four eighty eight, and it's been Yeah, it's been really encouraging. I'd say border lanning on a realistic best case scenario for Compton so far that I don't really see him being an everyday big league player, but he could become quite close to that if his bat is what carrying him. We're gonna skip over Canarella to talk quickly about Iva Arquette, the Marlins top pick seventh overall, with someone of a surprise that he was available to the Marlins in this draft, given all the hype arounds him. After an incredible junior season at Oregon State, he ends up getting the largest signing bonus in Marlin's history. And to this point, you know, his stock has dropped a tiny bit. Part of it has been due to injuries, the lack of availability coming out of spring training. Had a core injury and had to undergo surgery for that, so his debut was delayed almost a full month into the regular season. As we're talking now, he's out again for an extended period, although he should be returning later on this year. But he's now coming back from a finger injury that he suffered on a slide, and he's just not hitting as well as you would hope he of course he did at Oregon State, but it's been about an average hitter in pro ball. He started off pretty aggressively, had a high A Beloites last summer and did solidly and he built upon that enough, of course, to get a promotion to Pensacola this year. But since moving up to the Double A level, he's now been firmly below le gaverage. What's kind of encouraging is the quality of contact is still very good. He hits the ball very hard, and the strikeouts are manageable to this point. It's more so that he's perhaps the swing decisions as a whole could use some improvement. The fact that his walk rate has gone down so much is somewhat of a yellow flag when it comes to our Quet as a defender. The Marlins took him as a shortstop despite having an unconventional build for that position six foot five, and I would say awkward, but a more of a string string being built than a classic overall well proportioned build, and it's been working for him. He's able to make all the plays that he would expect, and the arm strength is there, the overall athleticism, and I'd say the instincts are there pretty well too. With our Quet, where there absolutely is a scenario where he plays games as a shortstop in the majors, I would guess that for a lot of organizations that he there ends up being somebody else, one of his teammates that is a little bit better overall there. It's just that there's nothing to squealthong about him defensively, and of course, if he's able to stick there, that changes the threshold for what he has to do at the plate in order to be a good everyday player. So that is still within the realm of possibility for him to be an above average regular, for him to produce multiple wins per season at the big league level, and the underlying offensive numbers are a little bit more encouraging than the actual results so far. It's just that because of the lack of results and because of the lack of reps overall, we're not going to see him the majors this year. I mean, I think the Marlins were hopeful and not all that unrealistic with their hope that he'd be impacting their big league team in twenty twenty six. That's not going to happen. It's more of a question of even if he moves up any more in the organization this year, I think most likely he spends the rest of the summer in Double A, starts that next year with TRIPA A Jacksonville, and then it's a matter of saying how much he responds at the plate in order to see where he he fits with their big league team at some point over the course of next season. And now to smoothly transition into the cam interview, we need to talk about cam Canerella. He has moved up all the way to fifth on our fof Top thirty list, well just one spot behind Arquette. The perception entering this draft, or I should say, on the heels of this drafts, is that Arquette was the headliner, and that has absolutely changed to us. At fof Canerella and Arquette are neck and neck. They are on the same tier no matter how you slice it in terms of being pieces of this Marlins future, and it's different profiles. Canerella plays center field and has gone reps at all three outfield spots this season, so different positions and different hitting profiles too. And for Canerella it's been a pleasant surprise just the way that he has accumulated so many hits, so many walks, and so many home runs. His main limitation coming out of the draft was going to be related to both arm strength and over the fence power, and in the power department, he has absolutely shattered anybody's ideas about what he was capable of, especially of late since moving up to Pensacola. He's overall this year he's simply been one of the best hitters in minor league baseball, and that is just shocking to say for a guy that even last summer, their approach has looked good throughout the entire process. But to see this production an updated slash line a three sixty five that's the batting average, four forty three on base and a five ninety nine slugging percentage for a six foot tall guy that kind of looks like a slap hitter at first glance. To have him slugging six hundred, to have him drawing as many walks as strikeouts is jaw dropping. Twelve total home runs, the majority of those have come over the last calendar month, nine stolen bases, a WRC plus of one seventy seventy percent better than the league average hitter when adjusted for the league and environmental factors. Something to keep in mind is that it has been easier overall to hit in the Double A Southern League this year compared to last year, so that distorts the numbers a little bit. It's just that WRC plus accounts for that and tries to tries to account for it overall and adjust accordingly. And even with that adjustment, you're still talking about a guy that is absolutely at the top of the scale for offensive production across minor league baseball. This season, he ranks fourth in the entire minors at any level in WRC plus among guys with at least two hundred played appearances. Missed a little bit of time due to a wrist injury, and since he's been back, he's been even better than he was before. The consistency has been crazy. Twenty three times on twenty three games reaching base out of his last twenty five. That's been kind of hard for the course for him when he's been healthy this season, and yeah, there's this guy is really exceptional when it comes to that production. Especially the way that he hits home runs out to the opposite field has really blown me away. Another element to his game that really makes a big difference for a guy that profile wise, we thought was gonna be a lot of singles to the opposite field and for him to sneak it over the wall, there's so much value to be gleaned from that. So with Canerella, there's a lot of boxes he checks in terms of being a future everyday player for this Marlins organization. He's the guy that I would expect to be the first one to reach triple A. For him to be hitting as well as he is with Pensacola, not even a tiny sample anymore. We're talking about a month and a half of production at that level, where since he's moved up there, he's been hitting just as well as he was in Beloit. Like, there's no reason why he won't be up an additional level at some point in late August or September. So he's gonna be knocking on the door for a big league call up in early twenty twenty seven. And for an outfielder, that means you could fit him in a lot of different places, even though center field is something he's capable of doing if there's any spot in the outfield moving forward. Kinderella is just a very well rounded hitter at this point, a guy that we thought had a nice floor as a hitter, but the way that his ceiling has absolutely shot up since entering pro ball, that's at testament to his work and to what the Marls are doing on the player development side. With that being said, yeah, we'll have a whole lot more analysis of the twenty twenty six draft class as that plays out over the course of the next few hours. Check out fish On first for all the breakdowns of that, But now we're going to talk to Cam about how he's doing here in twenty twenty six some of his goals for the rest of this year and long term. Once again, this is with Alex Carver and with isaacazout here on Fish Unfiltered. Enjoy this interview with Cam Enjoy your all star break, and we hope you keep following us here on Fish on First throughout the rest of the twenty twenty sixth season and beyond.
Speaker 6: Hey, for the families out there looking for a different path to help your child succeed at home, look into K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in K through twelve on a setting that works for your family. Todd Father, you've done the homeschooling thing the past. I know you liked it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did. I liked it a lot. All my kids have done it before. It's an opportunity for them to stay at home and enjoy school just as much. They learn a lot, and this is an opportunity for families that are on the go too as well. They have to understand, Listen can't be at a regular school at all times. I need my child to be doing this, whether it's an athletic career, whatever stature they are at. And we loved every second of it, and I think it is an easy opportunity for some children.
Speaker 6: See how K twelve parate schools can help unlock your child's full potential. Enroll today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul. K twelve dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Foul, a swimming upstream edition of Fish Unfiltered on the foul Serrytory Network. Grinding through some tech difficulties, but we got there to be joined by Camcanderella, Lee Isaac, and Cam one of the hottest hitting prospects in all of minor league baseball, definitely in the Marlins organization. Going to cover that, going to cover a bit more from his start to his professional career as well. So cam Man, thanks for getting through the tech stuff with us. Thanks for joining us today. How's everything going.
Speaker 1: Thank you all? And it's going good so far out bought.
Speaker 2: You awesome, doing all right, doing it all right. So we're gonna get to what you're doing recently in Pensacola amidst that recent call up that you got and all that stuff, which is awesome, but we wanted to start with you back at the basically the start of your college career, well at least at Clemson in twenty four. Basically that whole year for those that don't know, Cam played the whole year injury Labram injury for him, played the whole year hurt. Really, they had you dhing more than anything else, had you out of the outfield, had you mostly at DH. But I just wanted to hit on you with hit on it with you that decision when it came to the health, Like, you know you're hurt.
Speaker 6: Did they give you like a choice?
Speaker 2: Did they tell you that, hey, yeah, you could play or you can have the surgery and be out, Like what went into that decision for you guys?
Speaker 8: I talk to Himbout, the coaches, and my family just to see what when to go to the daughter, and they said it's torn. So kind of just talk to my agent, coaches and my family and it was like, you can play or you can get surgery now and come back healthy next year. But you know, I don't like sitting out, so I wanted to play, and I'm happy I did because that was one of my best years.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, you mentioned it. You came back healthy, and really you performed extremely well in that season, in your draft season, I should say, just did you have to adjust anything physically following that surgery?
Speaker 8: Just rehabbing every day and just trying to get back healthy. I mean, it's a long process eight months, and you know there's a lot of stuff you have to do with that, but it was. It was a good process, and I'm happy where I am now and I'm back healthy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess the one thing that kind of went idle for you for a while was the arm, throwing arm, particularly in the outfield. We know that you know anything with the labor, I mean, you're gonna not use the arm for a little while at least, So I could talk about that building back arm strengths maybe and how that kind of went for you as you started using it again rehab from that probably in twenty twenty five going into that year, How did you get back into strengths, get back into shape with the arm particularly?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Clemson, we had a good rehab guy and a girl, but I went to the football facility most of the time.
Speaker 1: And rehabbed over there. Because I mean, they have a lot of injuries over there.
Speaker 8: But I feel like it was a good process, just trying to get my strength back and being in the weight room too. Our training coach got me a little bit stronger in that aspect. But I would say when I got drafted, that's when I found my strength back. Just being in rehab facility every day with our guys here. And I feel like this year, I mean my arm's almost back to normal, So I feel like maybe a couple or the next year coming up, it'll feel really good.
Speaker 9: You mentioned getting drafted. I want to take you back to draft night if you can just take us through the reactions of getting selected by the Marlins. Who you celebrate with, who were you with, and who was the first group of people that you contacted when you found out you were heading to be heading to South Beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Draft night was pretty fun.
Speaker 8: I mean that was the first time I ever done it, like any of my family has or my friends, so have my friends family, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really it. We had to have the golf course, and I mean it was it was a good night.
Speaker 8: You know. I hugged my family and my friends for sure, and uh then I got on the call with all the guys in the organization and I went out there a couple of weeks later.
Speaker 1: Because trying to figure out the money wise or whatever it was. It was a good process for sure.
Speaker 9: You mentioned the negotiations took taking a while to come to fruition. Were there any ever, any doubts that you know, a signing may not happen.
Speaker 8: I knew I was coming for sure, just trying to, like I said, figure out the money wise, but I knew I was and drafted and I was going to sign for sure.
Speaker 2: After that, of course, we had to spring training. Uh this past year, your first, uh, your first spring training with with the Marlins and obviously in the big leagues.
Speaker 6: What was that process like for you?
Speaker 2: Just you know, different, I'm sure than the start of the college season starting your professional career, you know, out in Jupiter. So if you could take us through that. The Marlins had some new stuff around that that you that you got to use, new new locker rooms, new clubhouse, all that stuff. But just take us through the thoughts and UH and emotions that you had. Uh, just kind of participating on on a big league field for the first time.
Speaker 1: It was cool to me a lot of new guys.
Speaker 8: I mean I didn't know really any guys beside the draft guys and the guys that played in HIA last year.
Speaker 1: But I mean it was a cool experience.
Speaker 8: And uh, I mean I just had to get used to like practicing and scrimmaging every day, because I mean in college you played three or four days a week.
Speaker 1: But I feel like it was a.
Speaker 8: Good experience, and I'm happy I've met a lot of new guys because I mean some of them are my friends now.
Speaker 1: And Jupi is a beautiful place.
Speaker 8: Happy to live there or I got an apartment there now, so uh there, And then I golf sometimes when I had free time, so there's a lot of nice courses out there, and also the beach.
Speaker 1: Nice man.
Speaker 9: We always knew that you could hit, and you know, you always had that hit tool and you had some power. But this year you are really exhibiting the power. I don't think like anyone expected you to just homering out of your mind over the last month or so. How did that happen as an organization been working with you on a specific swing plane. Just how is the power showed out so much this year.
Speaker 8: From junior year to now. I feel like just being back, coming back healthy. I mean I was her junior year, but until the end of the year I felt pretty good. But that and then I've been using this thing, like this flat bad thing in the cages and just trying to pull the ball in the air more and I feel like that tell me a lot, and just using that with my hand coach here, So I feel like that's a big part of that too.
Speaker 4: Another three too, Canerella high drive right field, going back horvat at the watering track.
Speaker 3: At the wall, good bye, take your time around the bases, young man.
Speaker 1: It's a tie game.
Speaker 4: Night, the blast of the year. On the ninth pitch of the back.
Speaker 2: You mentioned health, and of course we're so stoked to see you healthy now and everything that you're doing. But man, come out of your first spring training that we just talked about. You go to boloite and early in the year you run into coldie shade and you break your wrist. So I mean, it's gonna suck just being on the shelf right away after spring training. You know you're going in for your first full year, and then bam, you land back on the shelf again. With that, just the fluke thing you run into the guy in and break your wrists. So if you just talked to us about that, just there was a pretty quick rehab for you. You got back pretty fast. But I'm just going through that process and being so excited to get on the field and then bam, now you're hurt, And yeah, I miss some time.
Speaker 8: I was happy to be on the field and I had that situation happened, kind of down on myself because you know, I didn't want to get hurt or whatever. But you know, I came back pretty fast, just rehabbed every day, did all my stuff, weight room, run, throw, hit, and came back And I felt like God puts you in a position where he might not want you on the field then, but a couple of weeks later, you know, he had my back and he saw the things I did out there in Hi.
Speaker 1: So I feel like He's done a lot for me and just grateful for that.
Speaker 9: They say the jump to double A, it's a pretty hefty jump in terms of talent that you're facing there right some people consider at the toughest level in all minor league baseball. I'm just curious how you would differentiate or compare just the US. How good the pitching has been in both A ball as well as double A. How do the different ship?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, hey, you got guys throwing one hundred, but they don't really know where it's going. Coming to double A, I mean I like to swing a lot, So you got guys throwing a lot of strikes and good, good stuff, good commands.
Speaker 1: So I feel like just coming from Hya to double A is the pitching is a lot better for sure.
Speaker 8: And I would say the parks are if you get a hold of one, I mean, it's most likely going to go out of the parks fly out here.
Speaker 1: So just like I said, I like to swing, so just getting getting a good swing off.
Speaker 2: You know, your guy's pushed pretty quickly with the Marlins. You know, three different levels already, So I just wanted to ask about how you've been coached and your your thoughts on that. How's the continuity been between one levels to the next. You know you're in Hia to start this year, are now of course you're with the while Hoo's. Do you think there's been that modicum of like you're working on the same thing, people are speaking the same language to you. Has that has there been that that level of continuity from level to level in your experience so far.
Speaker 8: Yeah, say hi, Double A are saying the same stuff. We're working on the same stuff, same thing in the cage.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: You know, I feel like getting here on the same time, I feel like everything is basically the same moving up, you know. I mean I feel like, like I say, everything is the same and nothing really changed.
Speaker 9: So Kim, Now at Pensacola, you've been playing alongside some pretty intriguing prospects as well in their own right, and Dylan Lewis and Brendan Jones sharing an outfield with them for the better part of a couple of months. Where it on the street has it that Miami is very fond of that trio of outfield as they have down there in Double A. Just how is what has it been like playing with these two, competing with these two and just sort of maybe learning anything from them?
Speaker 8: No, for sure, I feel like just playing against great outfooters, it's always gets you better. You know.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll play center field a lot, but you know, I got to move left or right.
Speaker 8: So I feel like just playing with them, they get to teach uh stuff that makes you better or you get to teach them, so I feel like just being like around them and they knowing the game, I'm knowing the game.
Speaker 1: I feel like they teach me a lot, so I appreciate them.
Speaker 3: Jetski Rentals of South Florida. They presents all of our podcast efforts here on fish on First, Miami's best jet ski in boat adventures. Jetske Rentals of South Florida, with six JITs ski locations and over one hundred and twenty boats, there's something for every style and every budget right Jetski's ruding from the downtown skyline in Ferris Wheel. Or book your own private boat starting as love as three hundred dollars with the captain included, Bring your drinks to your friends and enjoy the water your way. The boat is completely yours for the time you reserve it. The reservation based only to book called three h five nine to nine oh two one nine two, or check them out online at SF jet Ski Rentals dot com. Sure to use our promo code fish on first and that gets to a ten percent discount off your next booking Again that's three h five nine nine oh two one nine two, or online at SF jesk rentals dot Com.
Speaker 2: Excited about all three guys. So Fenwick in there as well. Man, they have a lot of dudes, a lot of guys. I guess, uh, just a few more before we let you get out before the game today, obviously down in Pensacola. Thoughts on what the Marlins are doing. I mean, this home club, they're pretty exciting so far this year. So being a guy that isn't too far away yourself from potentially contributing to the major league team, I mean, this is a team that's that's rebuilt, but they've they've rebuilt, you know, faster than the schedule may have predicted, and this year they are right there in the thick of it, potentially buyers here at the deadline. You know, there's a lot of things going on around the home club. I'm sure you guys follow along with it as you can from the Clubhouston and your off times. So just your thoughts on what what the Marlins are doing at the big league level and how it said your to potentially join that shortly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean they won I think what fifty two or three games so far, so they're doing really good compared to the past couple of years. And I feel like, I mean, they just got to keep going and keep competing, keep competing up there. And you know, I try not like I don't try to, but I try not to watch baseball as much because I mean, I play every day, so I don't really keep up as much as baseball as I should. But like I said, they just need to keep going, and I feel like they'll do something special this year for sure.
Speaker 9: Just a couple more for me, cam. Number one is based on your skill set, your abilities on the field on both sides of the ball. Is there a major leaguer that you would compare your game to, whether it's you know, current or past. What would you compare your game?
Speaker 1: I would say Jackson Merrill, like Pete Crow Armstrong or PCA. Let me think of Michael Harris.
Speaker 9: Okay, And then last one for me. You mentioned golf. You've been golfing a lot as well. Just tell me what the handicaps down to and which were your favorite courses up there in Jupiter.
Speaker 1: I shot at eighty what else? Eighty five at this?
Speaker 8: What's the course right across the street, Abacoa from Roger Yeah, yeah, I Wacoa Golf Club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one.
Speaker 8: I shot at eighty five there, and then I played at this other course like ten minutes away, I shot like eighty two.
Speaker 9: Okayo plost a single digit's excellent. You're multi talented.
Speaker 7: We love it.
Speaker 2: Other than maybe shooting about a round of golf. What are some of the goals you have for the rest of twenty twenty six and even going into next year. Obviously staying healthy, but you know, baseball non baseball. What are some of your personal goals that you have set for yourself.
Speaker 8: I would say getting twenty twenty twenty home runs in twenty bags, went in Player of the Year for the minor league, and I was gonna say, make it to the All Star Game, but it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Man, thanks so much for coming on. Apologies for the technical stuff, but thanks for sticking through it with us. It's been amazing for you so far. It's been really awesome to follow along with it and cover it. So congrats all your success. Man, Thanks for doing this with us. Really appreciate it and keep getting after it.
Speaker 1: Appreciate Choe, thank you all right, thanks him. Appreciate it.