Speaker 1: On today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, if you guys are listening on Spotify and make sure you check out the YouTube. We're gonna decide whether Fred is showing too much. Next, we also recap the Rams game Sam howe Vershakoby Bissett. We give our insight on that kind of getting the details. The defense played pretty well, Tanned and I was exciting to see give our thoughts on there as well.
Speaker 2: We do Christmas cards.
Speaker 1: We actually say stuff that's nice to each other instead of getting after each other all the time, making fun. I love you to Fred, and we got the rubber match, the thing you've all been waiting for, the Christmas bakeop. Zach Selby returns and Fred Smoot brings his a game with the cake.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Command Center Podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot with a sick v neck I mean, and then also send Tanamas.
Speaker 2: I mean, looks like this dude said like Miami virus or something over here, right.
Speaker 1: And I told I told him, Tanna, if this thing was a little litle bit lower, like we'd be cooking.
Speaker 3: Let their chance half.
Speaker 4: You know, one of them people that were white out the label they You know, people always say how could you do it?
Speaker 3: I say, why not? Who made the rule up? And why is it the rule?
Speaker 5: First of all, you got to do dashy to come here and show all that.
Speaker 4: Nick I'll love it. In this good move that Mike.
Speaker 2: Look at that neck. If you're watching on YouTube, look at that man's neck.
Speaker 5: It's thirty of the green.
Speaker 3: Scarf came in his my.
Speaker 2: Sobriety today with that deep neck and the sunglasses on. I was like, man, this guy, what is this dude doing? Man? So you know, okay, you told me a story.
Speaker 1: We're getting ready in our production meeting and Fred is always doing crazy stuff. So Fred said, oh I'm doing like I went to the zoo and I rode no, and I'd be like, cool, whatever, that's something that Fred does.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I did took the.
Speaker 2: Red Eye out of l A and then did a dog show.
Speaker 5: A dog show me, So what is going on with that?
Speaker 3: What career playing about this?
Speaker 6: You know they say trick love the kids tend to love the dog.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize you were a dog lover.
Speaker 5: So it's crazy. I didn't either.
Speaker 6: But honestly, I think, like I told them, you know, I have a dog. So it wasn't American bulldog.
Speaker 4: That's the one that's like American bulldog is bigger than the English English.
Speaker 2: It's like it looks like kind of like a pitbull.
Speaker 6: Right. His name is Duke, my nephew probably looking at me like that's my dog.
Speaker 5: But he's at my house and.
Speaker 2: You going.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I mean, honestly, I got I got a text from Tony Richardson you know, full back, played it, played it, I played with in Minnesota.
Speaker 5: We talked about you in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I play you. You ain't lying about him. I love your name up.
Speaker 6: We were talking about you know this, the fellas and the camaraderie and stuff like that. But I got this text from him saying, hey man, these people looking for you. They heard you like dogs, and they they want to break it down for show. I'm like, all right, let me hear him out. It's like, hey, you know he heard your dog lover and bro blah. I said, well, I do have a dog, and I think you know you.
Speaker 2: Said the people like, do what kind of dog you have?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a dog And I told him I'm a dog lover by default, you know what I mean? My kid, Well, it's crazy because my nephew brought the dog. But the dog shares a birthday with my son. So it's like, I gotta be a dog. I gotta love dude, you know. And I guess you know, it's something about dogs, something about animals period. I was telling him. I say, it's crazy how Duke is at the house for so long and my nephew is his owner.
Speaker 5: He knows it.
Speaker 6: Some of my nephew leaves or whatever go about to be come back and forth. When I leave and I come back, you will never think that. You'll think that I've always been that that dog's owner. Like he gets excited when he seemed like he misses me and stuff.
Speaker 3: But it was fun.
Speaker 1: It was a fun out for the dog show, you know, like was this like Westminster where you're like showing the dog out or what are you doing?
Speaker 6: So we talked a little bit. It was like a it was like a love Q and a love Q and a night show vibe, you know. Jesse Palmer was the host.
Speaker 3: Pretty boy, Jesse your wife.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jesse was there and me and Tony was on the other couch talking and we talked about our dogs, talked about you know, just you know, we watched some plays of the dogs doing tricks, you know, kind of kind of gave him a little you know, I saw a little tyreekish and one of the dogs I saw, DK Metcalm, one of the dogs, kind of gave him a little name, you know, all you know, vibe.
Speaker 5: And then we.
Speaker 6: Basically they asked me to stay after it and take a dog through some tricks like of course the obstacle course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like.
Speaker 2: Could you I could not imagine him doing that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see him doing it.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm just one of those guys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know, he adapts well any situation.
Speaker 5: I'm a GM And what you don't understand, you.
Speaker 3: Breaking in right any situation.
Speaker 4: Because today I'm going to pick up a dog for my daughter.
Speaker 2: Are you really the oldest daughter?
Speaker 4: She wanted a dog? Is she in college? I was like, hit your older story, you know, I'm like, why do you want a dog? She's like, Dad, I want a dog. I need a dog. So like it's fine, So I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna get her dog.
Speaker 4: And see my daughter, she's the one that goes left if I tell her to go right.
Speaker 3: So she's a she went the old miss all right, you break my heart.
Speaker 4: Got me paying tuition, good old miss and she a cowboy thing. She went, really, so guess what I'm doing to her. I'm buying her the dog today. But I'm naming the dog Jojo. All right, she ain't gonna know why I'm named the dog Jojo. I'm actually naming it after Coach Gibbs.
Speaker 3: She ain't gonna know it. It's too late.
Speaker 2: So you think she'll keep the name, or you think dog. She wants some pit bull, like like she wants some people.
Speaker 4: She said, I want a pit bull out of Dutch how And I was like, that's not compared able.
Speaker 5: To take it to school?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she because she don't live in the dog.
Speaker 4: She lives in like the they got apartments, so she lived in her apartment in her roommate. And I thought to myself, like, yeah, why not get her dog so at least the dog protected when it's not there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But so like flo down different ruins, we can't even have pit bully.
Speaker 1: So my wife in college bought a dog and she lived in like she lived in the Ucrvine she went to was like Newport Beach, which is like the one of the most expensive counties in the country, but she lives on campus housing. So you spent like five hundred a month in the area. That's like two thousand dollars a month to live. And I'm like, don't buy this dog. You're gonna kick you out of the house. And so she like smuggled this dog in and out of her apartment complex for like a year, like in a laundry basket. She'd like like it was like, why are you doing so much laundry?
Speaker 2: It's like, don't worry about it. But yeah, it's so funny how people like don't think about it. It was a shiba.
Speaker 1: Inu and if you've ever did anyone what that is, so it's like a mini husky and basically like I didn't know this when she bought it, but we've learned since. They are the most difficult dogs to train because they're the most like a feral fox.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So you buy this dog to you know, dogs are loyal to come say what's up to you. This dog was like a cast. You come home and he'd be like, what's up, dude. You'd be like, hey, dog, community like just walking in a room and go sit down, and you'd be like, all right, cool, you know, And we had this squirrel we had we had this dog for fifteen years and like he was, he was awesome, but man like, we could not get him to come. We could not get him to sit. And I was like, we take him a dog specialists and they're like, not dog, we don't even train this type of breed.
Speaker 6: And I was like, he was somebody reincartinated. He might have been an uncle, a grandma, somebody else, grandmother, Like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how many people house as a dog?
Speaker 3: They got me?
Speaker 1: All right, So you guys are doing something pretty cool this this weekend next weekend, right, yeah, yeah, Washington Legends Sweet Experience. Okay, and this isn't a read, so we're just gonna kind of prumble this on this story this day. And the package includes I guess so you signing up for this, Jason, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you signed up. This is what it is.
Speaker 4: You sign up for it. You get into the sweet stakes. It's almost like a contest. And we're me and Tantana.
Speaker 3: We'll come hang out with you in your sweet we lose a drug. Were gonna talk football with you.
Speaker 4: We're gonna sign auto gramds, We're gonna sign scarves, We're gonna get autograb balls, all kind of stuff. Maybe Jason Wright busting with us. We might have a might have a logan Thomas Winners or somebody.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, that's December thirty first, on the day of the San Francisco game. So you can get to learn about all these personality traits. Tanna is a dog lover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so like you get to talk to about that.
Speaker 6: And then you kind of take your mouth off the game. You never know what may happen against San France.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you never know.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna put that out there.
Speaker 1: All right, and then I think we got a bet three six five read here too, right, Sorry, producer's gonna go put that.
Speaker 3: You know what he's he's not on his gang right next Christmas time.
Speaker 1: Well, this read kind of threw us off, and I'm glad you knew what was going on because there was nothing on that sheet. Hey, it was just a picture of fred On flexing his bicep.
Speaker 5: He do he ever not know something?
Speaker 6: I'm like, there's nothing up there that's said any of it all, and he just went out.
Speaker 2: There and yeah, it was literally just a picture of fred flexing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can visits Commanders dot com to sign up for the Okay, gave no insight.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, that was crazy, Like I mean, that's the only thing you didn't say.
Speaker 3: Even at the end of the day. Here for each other, brother, here for each other.
Speaker 1: And just also a reminder were brought to you by Bet three six y five. At bet three six five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic right now. New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at bet three sixty five. Use the QR code to sign up deposit ten and choose between either first bet safety at offer crazy name for a product. By placing a bet up to one thousand and if you're qualifying, bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets. Or bet and get offer and place a bet of five dollars or more and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. Bet three sixty five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commander.
Speaker 4: Hashtag disclaimer must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 3: Please, he's gambled responsibly.
Speaker 4: If you are someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, called one eight hundred gambler, it's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I used to be We're getting.
Speaker 5: Getting, he.
Speaker 6: Getting based, he's going away from that that Fred voice, Red smooth.
Speaker 4: I give him my Alex Trebek. I love Alix Trebek man.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like.
Speaker 1: You were reading like an audiobook right there. It was like kind of soothing, kind of relaxing. Yeah, the book of smooth, book of smooth. There was a book of smoot. It is it would be full of.
Speaker 6: Both Jesse Jesse Palmer talked about your whole coming into the league thing that you did this skit and it was like that there. It was like who you're getting like smook, Yeah, And he talked about I was like, how you remember that man, But I guess he's the SEC guy.
Speaker 3: Jesse came out with us.
Speaker 6: I know he came out with it, but I'm just like, how you remembers your whole thing coming.
Speaker 4: To the Because we played Florida at Missipi State that year, Jesse was starting our game. Is the game that Rix Grossman got in because we picked off Jesse three times. Wow, Like I picked him off in the first quarter, first player of the game, and then we picked him up. So then Rix gets in the game, him and Taylor Jacob started hooking up and and and Jesse never play again.
Speaker 5: Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: So it was your bet you were doing, like a what was this thing telling that you're talking about.
Speaker 4: I can't remember it all the way, but it was like before the Florida game, me and Coach Sperry had been going back and forth, so like in the media because you know, Coach Sperry ain't backing down and I wasn't backing down. So then in missism State and ESPN hit me up and we did this skit and they were like, coach Sperry.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't with coach.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like to promote the game or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like it coach, And then they were like, well, who's Jesse gonna throw the ball to? I?
Speaker 3: Smoot? So who is Coach Sperry gonna be mad at Smoot?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: So then by the first quarter, I already got an interception, three breakups, and I liked it, took over the game already, so it was all it was good.
Speaker 3: We blew him out forty about forty six to like ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't like you're talking about Florida teams like that.
Speaker 3: I had an that for him. I always had it.
Speaker 6: I was at Miami, but I still had my love for f and Florida.
Speaker 4: I had that Florida team because I was mad because Florida State didn't recruit me.
Speaker 3: I was so mad because I always.
Speaker 4: Looked at Florida State and said there was Fred Smooth University.
Speaker 3: That's why we needn't want to go there because of Prime. You want to you know, I.
Speaker 4: Want to know because the Prime and I remember me and take Cody. He was the cornerback for a minute time.
Speaker 3: I was like, tell you ain't better than they recruited you. I won't take it out on every Florida team.
Speaker 2: I see, that's so funny.
Speaker 6: Didn't want that Miami trouble. I wish we wish you to play. I wished me to play Mississippi State boy read at that time, we dropped Fred Draft, Fred Draft start with we were ready at that town draft start with a plumber.
Speaker 3: You know in s c C Camp, they were to.
Speaker 6: Tell you to go to whatever side we're gonna get the business. You're gonna go over there and gonna get ready. We're gonna get love to go get ready choking him.
Speaker 2: Do it. No, gosh, we could talk about college football all day.
Speaker 3: I love college football.
Speaker 2: We got to talk about this Rams game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I know we probably don't.
Speaker 1: Want to, but I think there were some good things. There are some not so good things. And let's talk about the not so good or the main storyline. And I'm let's say that's a good or bad thing. It's Sam Hoow versus Chakoby Psett. So we wants to start us off at high, high level.
Speaker 3: I would start you off. I'm gonna give it to the people, very simple.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: When you get a flat tire you put on side the road, you put that sparrow on.
Speaker 3: The sparare does his job.
Speaker 6: Sometimes sometimes you forget about it. You don't gonna get that new tie. You're like, I'm going to work with this lamar.
Speaker 4: But when you put that sparrow and that sparre and get you home and do his job, you don't give it applot.
Speaker 3: It did what it was supposed to do, but we need all over it.
Speaker 4: I'm putting that tie right back home. Because the spara can only take me so far. So at the end of the day, I know everybody want to start a controversion. No, we took him out to protect him. It was a bad game for the youngster. Take him out, Let the veteran go in, let him make some passes happen. And I all I'm saying is this is no reason for overreaction.
Speaker 6: Well, and I feel you on that, I'm with you, but I think to the offence when it comes to just this wasn't just one bad game. It's been the last quarter and now we start a new quarter, and so it's like five games in a row basically. And I'm not saying all those games, he just three three, like at least three games, but I'm something as far as team wise, the whole you know, not getting a job done. But and then at the same time too, they might be saying, well, we should be going with you know, Brissett, you know these last three games and I and I gotta take my head off to run because if you're if you're a coach sitting in the seat that he's sitting in here and all this stuff that's being said about him, you will probably say I'm going with the best guy that's gonna probably give me a you know, winning chance, or that's going to help me win. And who to say that Sam Ayane because hes showing up that he can win. They have to say, Okay, do we have our quarterback here that we can say we can be comfortable with and say, okay, we're going to go grab some of the guys as far as the draft, or do we have to be saying that we got to be picking a top five, you know, quarterback in the draft. So I think it's great to say that Sam would be playing this week, will be the starter and going forward because I think he has more to show us. I think we still have to say a lot of these guys should be playing. I think these last three games that haven't played a lot. Yeah, so we can really see what we have for the future.
Speaker 3: A lot of questions to be answered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's talk about I think this is one I've been getting a lot, you know, on social media and things like that, is like, what what is the like why was there a difference in the two players? You know what I'm saying, Like, I think Chacobe comes out looks pretty sharp, looks very comfortable, looks very confident, looks on rhythm, looks on time. The offense looks way different in terms of production when Sam's in there, looks a little bit different. Do you guys have a take? I know I have a take. Do you guys have a take on that.
Speaker 3: I'm not shocked a veteran came in and looked like a bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not shocked that he came in and he read the defense and said, Okay, you're gonna play one safety in the middle. I'm going outside, Like I'm not, like, come on, let's be honest. Jakobe said, could be, if not the best I think him Gardner Minshew a couple of guys I think could be the best backup in football, meaning he could be the thirty third starring quarterback in the NFL. I'm not shocked that he came in the game and looked like a gamer.
Speaker 3: I'm just na.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think that's under per sent right, And I think like to give like some more football context of that, Like FREDI alltted to a little bit there, like the goal of the Rams defense changed a little bit when they you know, like Aaron Donald wasn't playing for the first series that he was in, two series that he was in, so the pressure was was not there in the same way they were kind of in this one like one lurk kind of coverage. It was definitely some variation of man and Jacoby was like, I know what we're doing. You know, I'm gonna find ways to get the ball to my playmakers. And I think, you know, like you said, Fred like he he's a guy who's got a lot of experience, been around league quite a bit. He's been mentored by some of the best quarterbacks of all time, the best quarterback of all time. You could tell he was on rhythm, on time, he knew where to go with the football, and I do think the simpler, like the simpler defensive structure help with that because when you look at Sam earlier, it's like, man, they're in cover six, they're two, they're at one, they're disguising, they're bringing pressure, and that was just not where the defense was at. So I think Jacoby did an excellent job, you know, especially being on time and in rhythm. I think that was the biggest thing. Throwing with anticipation and then manipulating the safety with his eyes. But those are things like you said, Fred, that veteran quarterbacks do at a higher level. He's played football. He knows how to id coverages, he knows how to manipulate coverages. He knows how important is to be in timing and rhythm. And when you look at young quarterbacks around the league, like I think about Jalen Hurts when he first got in the league.
Speaker 2: You know, Joe Burrow when he first got in league. They hold the ball a long time, they have a hard time with anticipatory throws. And you're seeing some of that from Sam. So I think that's gonna work with.
Speaker 4: The actually and the people might not agree with me. I think that quarter he said on their bench watching Jacob, I think he probably learned more.
Speaker 6: He probably yeah, you're gonna learn more.
Speaker 4: He learned more, like Okay, maybe I need to you know, I need to speed up the process of a little bit, like I think he learned from Jacoby by watching.
Speaker 6: Him, but also the writings on the wall with Sam, I mean, regardless of how much he's shown us that he can get out of those situations, every team's gonna present what we saw from the rams. They're gonna show you funky looks in the front. They're gonna show you five or six coming, drop drop off one or two, bring four, brain fight, you know, and they're gonna say, find out who's open, guy?
Speaker 3: Find out? You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So if like the first half, I was like, are they blessing every play? But no, they were just they was all up there there chopping at the business. Then you got one or two guys not coming. It's been like that the entire season. And then when teams didn't do it, they dropped back and brought less and they was like, you can't beat us that way, you can't beat us this way. So that's why I don't get all super hyped about what I saw, because the first thing I said, when I saw you know Brissett and what he did, I'm like, Okay, it wasn't the same kind of pressure, you know. So but maybe because of that point spread and in how things looked, there was what twenty or seven at that time, so I'm like, okay, well they don't they were twenty eight to seven. They was like, okay, we have this under control. But at the same time, I expected Brissett to come in there and say, I know who to throw the ball to. And went in doubt. So what the Terry man on man?
Speaker 3: I got?
Speaker 6: He got man out there by itself one on one coverage. I'm throwing it out for grab, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: And I know people shocked that Terry had his highest grow up one forty.
Speaker 2: One his career.
Speaker 5: I scratched my head.
Speaker 4: I'm like, that's all that, that's what it. Didn't want to an inch away from another touchdown. And I just think that's the veteran part of a veteran saying, you know what, whenever everything's not going white, I'm gonna go to my number one target. And I think Sam hasn't learned it yet because he likes.
Speaker 3: To make everybody happy.
Speaker 4: But you know, in football, sometimes it's about getting things done the way.
Speaker 3: It needs to be done. And I don't think it ever should be a game that Terry don't get at least ten tried.
Speaker 6: I don't even think it's about making everybody happen. I doubt say I'm going to game something, please all these guys. I just think sometime he's not overcoming coaching. You know, sometime you tell a coach, you tell a quarterback, hey, this is just read this, and he's trying to read. Obviously he's trying to read. That's why he's getting hit so much, because he's literally reading trying to read. And sometime it works, some time it don't. But I just feel like it comes to time when enough is enough. You doesne felt whatever you felt for a long time. This is what week, what.
Speaker 5: Sixteen were going into.
Speaker 6: And so at the end of the day, it got to come to the time and say, I'm gonna get rid of this ball like he has been, and then I'm gonna find a guy who I know I deserve it throw.
Speaker 5: And I think that kind of.
Speaker 6: Hurt him a little bit because we've been talking about it. Sam fine Terry. He went fun but he went across his body and cast him to get an interception.
Speaker 5: To me, that was the you know line and saying.
Speaker 3: But to me, no lie.
Speaker 4: For the first time all year, Sam kind of looked lethargy.
Speaker 2: You're doing air quotes for that.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying he looked lithargy.
Speaker 4: He looked like like the sex is strowing to wear on them. Like even when he ran, he always runs with his wattle yea. Anyway, he didn't have that little burst he usually has could it be that the sacks are catching up to him and then he's wearing that because everybody hits a wall like the rookie wall.
Speaker 6: And to say that it was a rookie wall, yeah yeah, instead of rookie, I'm saying, could it be that he is.
Speaker 3: Wearing down and hitting that rookie wall.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's a couple things, Like there was a play I want to say it was like the second or third drive of the game. It's second and two, right, and I think he be comes out with a really nice play call, play action pass and they're running Terry on like a dagger, like a deep dig, and the linebackers step up in the line of scrimmage. There's a throwing lane there and they end up getting to a drop eight coverage, so everybody steps up. He recognize it. It's drop eight. So there's only three guys rushing and there's a little I wouldn't even call it a pressure. There's a guy kind of working Sam Cosme's edge and Sam Kasmi pushes him to the but it's enough to spook Sam and he kind of bails the pocket. But Terry is opening the void right, and so to Sam gets spooked, he steps back and he ends up checking the ball down to Gibson in the flat and ends up being a first down. So you can't say like, oh, that's a bad play because the goal of the play was achieved. But I also kind of the play was drawn up, and I'm like, there is an opportunity or an example of where maybe the pressure over the course of the season is starting to spook him a little bit and it's getting this result where it's like instead of sitting there and making this show. Because you watched Jacobe and one of the things I was super impressed with. He's just in the pocket. He's holding the ball a long time, but he is holding the ball a long time and standing to set stuff up down the field, and he's hitting stuff in timing and rhythm, and I look at Sam and I'm like, ah, that's the stuff that's a little bit, a little bit concerning.
Speaker 6: And he got to think too far as just some of the things that he's been hearing getting rid of the ball. So he's saying to himself, at worst, I'm gonna get this ball out of my hand. Regardless of if that guy came open or not. I just wanted to make sure I make the best play, you know. And a lot of times when he's getting sacked throughout the season, when most quarterbacks just throw the ball to the ground at that guy's foot foot, he's steady holding on trying to get that guy to turn around so he can make a great throat. So he just he's a young guy that's learning. Like I say, all your longe, he's been learning how to play this position. Don't get don't get me wrong. He's a quarterback. He's been learning how to play on this level. And it's gonna come with what he's been going to ups and downs, you know, and then it's gonna also benefit him when you have a setback or you have a moment where they tell you, all right, man, sit down and watch. And I don't think that sit down and watch was a you know, we're not happy with what you're doing. It was you want to save you right now because we need you for these last three weeks.
Speaker 3: I just think he looks like he's wearing down.
Speaker 4: It looked like he's hit in the wall to me, like I've seen this before, and like the zip on his balls that was there.
Speaker 3: Early in the year.
Speaker 4: I don't feel it the quickness because he's sneaky at athletic, and I just didn't see that lived burst anymore.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like he's just truly wearing down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again, like Tanna, you said this, and I think this can't be overstated and how important this is. Like these three defenses they've played are pretty good, Like we talked about how La bus stuff, but they are complicated, right, Big Fangio one of the best at running this kind of cover three match in the NFL. He's the godfather, all right, and obviously Dallas, So I do think you're gonna see kind of young quarterbacks take a step back versus good defense.
Speaker 2: Does this meant anything for EB?
Speaker 1: Like kind of this quarterback switch Sam's development does Does that have anything to.
Speaker 2: Do with it?
Speaker 5: You know, it's so crazy about this whole EB thing.
Speaker 6: And I get it because I now now that I'm I'm not playing, I understand the stuff that I'm hearing. You know, when it comes to the people on the radio and talk shows, like they're gonna they're gonna put on you whatever it is, regardless of the outcome. You know, Like I don't think you can really judge e Eb's offense from this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sam is a rickie.
Speaker 6: It was so much going on offensing to me up front and with Sam that the only thing we really had that was prominent, you know that that we was like, oh man, this is we have a dominant wide receiver group. But besides that, like you got to be like, okay, we got to see what this office the line give us, which you've stated that PFF wise.
Speaker 5: They grade out well and then and then at the quarterback position.
Speaker 6: So regardless of how good they grade out, you know, with the PFF grades you have a young quarterback, sometimes they make you you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it's just one of those situations.
Speaker 6: I've been in the I've been in seasons where I had young quarterbacks numerous of times and the numbers don't add up.
Speaker 5: You look, you look at me and like, well, damn Tanner, you only have seven hundred yards.
Speaker 6: Ramsey, I got this quarterback, you know what I mean, He's not going to see what the other quarterbacks saw.
Speaker 5: And I've been through that two or three times.
Speaker 6: So I hate the fact that I hear them talk about eb and what he did or what he should They fed up with what he shown him. He didn't show you much because he put the office in here that really showed you that we can move the ball.
Speaker 5: But you can't judge him off of our downfalls.
Speaker 3: Well, I know this somebody, but he's a leader of me, and I know that.
Speaker 4: I know dramatically he can draw up a play to beat anybody he needs to beat him.
Speaker 3: I just think fifteen sixteen games, I can't really go I can't grade you like, I can't say like, and everybody.
Speaker 1: Want to go to the numbers. And I think I think it started to catch up. But I've said that to people before and fans get really frustrated, and I don't think they understand. So, like Kyle Shanahan in two thousand and I go back this all the time. Two even we were yards we were the fourth best offense per play for yard for total yards, which is an amazing statistic. We were twenty eighth in scoring and like thirty first on third down. So we were finding chunk plays where we were doing good stuff. And so you talked to Kyle about it. He talked to Sean about it, talked to Mike and one of the things they say is it takes three years to learn offense. And I keep coming back to that and people say, oh, that's that's horseballarchy offense is improved. But at the same time, like for me to understand, like on a choice route, like I need to get this bunch a little bit tighter so the throws it so long for the quarterback, or all these crossing rounds, why's supposed to be a little bit tighter. Or I can't take this angle on this high cross. Those things take time, and it's not time for the players. It's time for the coaches' sign for the quarterback to understand the rhythm and timing of an offense.
Speaker 6: And that's why Ron said that by year four things should be better a little bit, because that's how he's doing the same thing. He's saying, Well, this is a new offense for all these guys, and you know things are going to change yearly when it comes to draft picks. So give me four. And what's crazy? What's odd about we at the fourth year? I feel like everything changed every year.
Speaker 5: For him, So you couldn't really have that.
Speaker 6: You didn't really have the same group going out there every year, you know what I mean? You have a whole new offense this year, which that showed a little bit of improvement, but you got a quarterback issue still regardless if we found him or not, still young, So you're going through.
Speaker 5: Growing prais with that. So it just won those situations.
Speaker 6: Man, you win some, you lose some, but hey, it happens, and you can't really just judge somebody off the failure of this year.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, I'm with you on man.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, just reminder we're about to you I bet three six five. At bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's where we offer an NFL early payout offer. Get your straight bets paid out or parlay selections marked as winner when your team goes up by seventeen points, regardless of whether the opponent comes back to win the game. Our early NFL our early payout offer I said over fifty two times this season. Use a QR code to sign up and see for yourself why it's never ordinary. At bet three sixty five, Official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 6: Must be twenty one and older and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly if you are someone you know has a gambling problem.
Speaker 5: I mean, once help call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 4: So the Rams would have won that early payout because they was up seventeen on us.
Speaker 2: Oh is that how that works? Yeah, so they was up so because they covered.
Speaker 4: They covered, No matter that we came back with two toes down, that would have been the early payout.
Speaker 2: Right interesting all right?
Speaker 1: So in addition to all the Sam controversy, I think it gets lost because you know, like you said, young cry all this thing, I think the defense played better.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: Like, man, you look at that one player in the third quarter and you probably didn't know they didn't, but man, to me, it's it's they've shown improvement since the whole run.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: And like even with you know, missing Jams Davis, I mean college Huston.
Speaker 2: Was all everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was all around wapping paint.
Speaker 6: And he's so small he looked like a little you don't know where you can like really fit him in at Like he's.
Speaker 3: Like a Rover, you know, like that rover, but that big strong safety.
Speaker 5: Lineback and you called.
Speaker 6: Him a rover, but he just make plays. Man, And to any football player, you don't like a guy like that. Man, It just makes you realize, man, that you have guys on the team that's third, second, and third guys that you just chopping at the bitch waiting for opportunities.
Speaker 4: Went for a chance, and to think about it is kJ Henry. I thought he played with Jones flash stuff. I thought drawing Pain coming off the edge. You know, there was a new little wrinkle right there. I love say I thought Pain played the game on ye. So you know, I think they waking up on defense and I think they have simplified stuff. Besides that one blown coverage. I thought they competed, and that's what I want. I thought they competed, and this is how you can ask.
Speaker 3: For it this time.
Speaker 6: Something I talked about going to the game is that, you know, you know, we were talking about we haven't had any turnovers, but I was like, more so than not having any turnovers, as far as on the defense side.
Speaker 5: We haven't forced any and they forced too, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like, so stuff like that just gave you, you know, made you feel good about that they especially off of BUYE. You know how hard and difficult it is, like people like, so what is the buy gonna do for you what the BI could set you up, because they come out of laxadisical and be flat. One of the things that I, you know, I mentioned on a pregame show was like, look, Kyle used to emphasize. I thought them buyers, we gotta start fast. You gotta do you know, we gotta do this, we gotta do that. So I was happy to see that both sides did just that, Like our officers moved the ball more while here and there, and then it got complicated a little bit, but defensively, man that that Rams team got into the red zone two or three times, and it was turnovers, turnovers.
Speaker 4: And first of all, if you if you ain't got respect for Matt Stafford, some of those throws this dude was making.
Speaker 3: Man, I said that that throw that he made in their.
Speaker 4: Pocket to the sideline to the right, didn't step into it all canning and listen the precision this dude was thrown with.
Speaker 3: I seen a couple of anger throws. I was like, man, they need to put some respect.
Speaker 5: It's something about Matthew shark man.
Speaker 6: They made a scene like Matt new Stafford wasn't the it guy to me, I've been saying form like he was like that same thing when it came to Tony Romo. Like, trust me, it's a lot better than Tony Romo when it comes to certain things. But I just felt like when Matt came over to the Rams, they was like, yeah, he's better than cut, but they didn't want to give him his truth.
Speaker 5: You know, dude, you didn't want to.
Speaker 6: Make it seem like, Okay, he's a better passer, but he's in this his great offense, so he's gonna win better because he can. He know, he's his his past percentage is a little higher than Cups and and he's going to automatically because you know, just fits him.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, no, he's a great quarter.
Speaker 3: No he's dead, dude. No, he just was in Detroit. Yeah, he was dead, dude.
Speaker 5: And he had two guys Golden Tate could have been easily.
Speaker 6: If Golden Tate stays with him in Detroit, man, he might we might be talking about him being a Hall of Famer. Yeah, he made a couple of guys look.
Speaker 3: Good at.
Speaker 1: He's very talented, and I think the one kind of blemish obviously the big play to Cup. You know, it's a it's a coverage bus. So we could talk about that a little bit because we were talking about that in our production media. Fred like, you know, it looks like Cover three to me.
Speaker 3: Cover three match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Cover three. Yeah, every zone has an element of match to it. I don't know if it's a true like, I don't know if they call it match, but we're getting technical here. And so what you're getting is the number one receiver of the left. It's covered by Benjamin Saint Juice runs across the form like runs a like an inside release sit route right, Yeah, And Benjamin say, Juice matches him because in Cover three it's gonna play like man versus the vertical out stuff.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They motioned Cooper Cup from the other side and he runs a wheel, which is a classic Cover three beater in modern Cover three, at least in my experience. The hook player in this case is Cavira Curraw.
Speaker 4: The safety yes, to carry the second man through the zone is what it's called, and the first man through the zone was the wide receiver. It hooked up with Benjamin saying, jus so now it's nobody else, and I could probably say they maybe swing swung the back around by some eye candy. But he knows once that, once cup comes across his face, I gotta chase him.
Speaker 3: I gotta go with him at least make the throw have to be you know, I have to be a perfect throw.
Speaker 4: But I see, like you said, it's a true Cover three beating. We was in Cover three speaking.
Speaker 6: Of you saying that that maybe has swung that back around to me that that makes me I gotta go watch it again because I haven't watched it yet. But it had to be that because the way he played it, it was almost if he was waiting on something, waiting on something. Yeah, if you was truly and that guy and he had to see something in front of him for him to sit that way. I'm like, I'm like, why is he sitting there in the in the flask like it's something coming at him? So it had to be a swing ride of somebody or a back get into that zone there and that that quarters that got his attention. That guy was just too wide opening And then it made it seem like that either Butler busted until we broke it down and he was like, no, second guy through that zone has it.
Speaker 4: Has to be him, And it was the second with sixteen yards of separation, the second longest.
Speaker 1: Was the second most separation by a player in the NFL this year. So obviously a coverage. Bus The other one is, you know, because Benjamin say Juice said that we have two ways of playing that concept. I guess the other way is if he plays it like straight cover three, like sigh and stays outside and said high. But then if he does that, you're probably completing the ball eighteen years.
Speaker 4: To the eighteen year old hookup, which I take that eighteen year old hookup before I take that other win any.
Speaker 1: Day, all right, right, And so yeah, so obviously, like you gotta be on the same page, got to.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: Happened, you're want to put that damn that damn v nake on.
Speaker 3: I got my man advice going on right now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I think like that that's a coverage's. The other thing I want to point out is I don't know how well they stopped the run. You know, I think they rushed for it was like one hundred and fifty two or something like that. He was sixty and he fumbled twice. Wage this is imagining what if he.
Speaker 3: Be from like he was. He he's a handful.
Speaker 6: At one point they said he was averaging six point four yards of carry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I look at the jump.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what like six point what you can't you can't stop, Like you can't stop a team if you.
Speaker 5: Can't stop anyone even that Like he's good. He reminds me of I mean, let me name a running back that just was one. What his name was?
Speaker 6: He kind of reminded me of priest Homes he was But no, I'm talking about like a far as a guy that I saw that was on Like he reminded me of the kid that came from came from Miami. He was at Florida State, played college in Florida. He's a Miami kid and he played in Atlanta. What his name is again, I can't think of his name. Oh you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He played at Florida State.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm talk about just recently, like like like the last six years.
Speaker 2: Some of.
Speaker 6: He looked at like Freeman. I mean like this the like with his decision in the hole and getting straight up. I was like, bro, but he might not be as powerful as Freeman, but he was one of those backs that you give him something.
Speaker 5: It could be a Gohona.
Speaker 1: So yeah, one of the things I wanted to like kind of double click on there as everyone says, oh, you know, like you know, what are they doing? And I think we talked about this in our breakdown last week about how they getting this eleven personnel.
Speaker 2: Have those receivers block No, they all block weight.
Speaker 1: They're running like week lead with Cooper cup leading on the Buffalo Nickel, like you know what I mean, they were doing some creative stuff from a run game standpoint, and I think also it's important to note that defensively from a cover like we were emphasizing covered structure, so we were playing light boxes. We kind of like, go ahead and run the ball. We don't want you to throw on the ball.
Speaker 6: And I think this is one of the results, right favor the logan break that down to the listeners and the viewers or what that does when you allow on the receivers to take advantage of that kind of matchup and block for you. Yeah, so now you don't have the bigs and again you don't have the key guys, and so I.
Speaker 1: Think everyone's like, oh, you know, we got to get a full back in. We got to get a tight end in and like, defenses are smart, they know those guys are more physical players. And so what they've done in LA is basically they've said, like, how do we get to some of our our like twenty one twelve personnel runs out of eleven, And so what you do is you say, well, how is the defense going to match our eleven? They're going to play nickel, so that nickel player is going to be in the box. And so I think a receiver, especially we had a tough receiver like Puka Nukua Cooper Cup is going to match up really well in the nickel player. So instead of that first combination on the shade, so a shade is someone's going to play to the play side outside shoulder of the center. So instead of that shade having leverage on the center, now we can double team that shade with the guard. We can lead with the receiver on the nickel. And then that angle of the double team is like what I would call like a negative angle. So instead of me having a chase an angle, I've got an angle. And that's those types of things when you get receivers that block are so advantageous, even on like duo for example, which is like, you know, I think of duo, it's double teams, double teams, double teams. Instead of having to take a double team back. Now we can have Pukakua crack that nickel and then that double team can sit and go across the ball. So it does a ton of stuff from leverage when you get receivers that can do that. And I think, like what it's shown me is like we've seen this offense from Kyle Shanahan go from you know, what they're doing up there with a full back and a bunch of tight ends to what they're doing in Miami with all this jet motion and Creighton space and kind of the it's like what I would call like gun single wing stuff. And you go to La and it's the same principles, but there it's all how you find the angles in the run game.
Speaker 2: And you see how it wasn't quite as scary in the week, but like it's still super effective.
Speaker 6: Close on you, because I just love to hear you break it down because I know you was gonna break it down better than anybody can tell it. And that's the thing about these guys. That's why I love this offense. When I played in this office, because like I told you about that game we plessed Cowboys, and I mean Mike, I mean not Mike, but col like Tanna, you coming, You're gonna You're gonna cut this in. I'm like three hundred, three hundred something pounds. But at the same time as a player, and I remember hearing someone tell me this early in my career, Wayne Corbet. I was with the Jets, he said, Tanner, I get I get more excited for making that key block on a run that score than me catching the touchdown at times. And I took that with me throughout my career. I'm talking about fourteen years late.
Speaker 5: He told me.
Speaker 6: I was a rookie. Fourteen years later, here I am. They telling me you're gonna block this guy in the first drive, and we're gonna hit this thing. It's gonna because they're not gonna expect you to be blocking him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's play.
Speaker 3: And I went in there and I.
Speaker 6: Thought to myself, I got really block. I ain't finna go up there, but you can you can beat you.
Speaker 5: Can beat that. I'm not finna go that way. I'm gonna chop it.
Speaker 2: I was a dB.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fraid I got a little bit you know that's what I was able to. You love to bring up your dB background, because.
Speaker 6: That's why my tail force, why it won't nothing for me to take a hit.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: I went in there and chopped that dude like I was Paul Bunyan, like I had an axe, and I got up like it made my game that much better that.
Speaker 2: Night, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's similar to me as a corner when people try to talk sweep to my side. I'm not letting it happen. Like I got two options. I can literally beat them to the punch and go tackle.
Speaker 3: The running back, or I can start a pile. But I'm going to do one of them.
Speaker 4: And I want to ask you this talent, how was Sofi stadium? I never I've never been to it brand new?
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 3: What what the stadium?
Speaker 2: What it looked like?
Speaker 3: What did it feel like?
Speaker 5: Took pictures for y'all because I was in the I was in like a real fan, like.
Speaker 4: Because I hear it feels like you outside but you inside at the same time.
Speaker 6: That the first thing I told be Mitch, I say, when we get our stadium in DC, we gotta have the same roof.
Speaker 5: It was a covered roof.
Speaker 3: But it was clear.
Speaker 5: So the sun is beaming in on you. You literally think you're outside.
Speaker 6: And it's one portion of the stadium to the so so if I'm talking about from our sideline was to the left of us.
Speaker 3: It's open.
Speaker 6: So be miss news kind of telling me the whole you can't have that kind of open part.
Speaker 3: I'm like, don't open.
Speaker 6: Our stadium then, but half the same roof because we want Super Bowls here in DC.
Speaker 3: We want to get retractable.
Speaker 6: We want to have these kind of you know, events where we can enjoy the weather. So but it was nice, bro, And that jumbo tron never seen nothing like it.
Speaker 3: That thing it's the Circle one right, Bro.
Speaker 6: You we sat there before the game started and watched every NFL game that was going on on the jumbo drun.
Speaker 3: Because it's it's a big circle.
Speaker 6: Had every game they had like a they had like a seventy inch stream in every bit like and.
Speaker 5: You sitting there watching all the games.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, bro. It was.
Speaker 5: It was it was something to be at.
Speaker 6: Like thought, I liked that Vegas. No, don't get me wrong, Vegas Stadium was more of a party. Yeah, but that was nice. It looked better that would look bad.
Speaker 1: You had some pictures of like walking around the concourse of that kid in the Paulson jersey and then the background it just looks like you're on a spaceship.
Speaker 5: Yees.
Speaker 6: So we were I'm saying, remember, like I was just like, are you playing the Cowboys? Remember the Cowboys? Remember how right behind our bench that little area where be at the bar, That's where we was at that kid. So it was literally the same way like that, but it was just more open. They had a nice setup with food the bar. But that's what you know what, that's one of the things I'm appreciate whoever been sitting us on these trips, thank you, because that experience I was I'm experiencing just.
Speaker 3: Getting to see it from the fans. We never get that, never get that.
Speaker 6: We never had an opportunity as players. Man, I tell folks I had my first tailgate, like after I played for fourteen years and then talking about college and talking about high school. I never tailgated there ever in my life until I was almost forty years old. So you know, you have these experiences now being able to be at the stadium covering the games, but getting a chance to really.
Speaker 5: See what's going on in there.
Speaker 3: I'm envious because.
Speaker 2: I'm blizing so much. Fred, I should tell you're just so hurt by that. It's like you just want to be out.
Speaker 3: I'll be scrolling up this ground town on things. I'd be mad. Listen to me. I be salty dogs over there.
Speaker 2: But you've been but in some nice varasity. Wis to every last.
Speaker 3: One of them in the dr beat.
Speaker 4: It's fun like I enjoy meagully with the fans. But I would like Tann to say, we never get we don't get this want of you. Yeah, that's why I had to ask him about this stagium because last I mean last year, we got a chance to go to uh Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Oh yes, sir, I.
Speaker 1: Bet your young, old, young or old Fred spoot in Vegas is a sight to behold.
Speaker 2: You don't matter how old.
Speaker 3: You listen Vegas vegably seventy years old.
Speaker 5: He's gonna steak the same stuff.
Speaker 2: I bet you bet you liked. The next day on the show, they're like, where's Fred at Hey?
Speaker 4: I gotta go to Vegas now because I want to go to the Spear. I want to go see the big Spear. They got now the big circle Bielder.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to go see the big spear and may be having light Year spear, you know spear like I say, it's spears.
Speaker 5: The Super bowls coming like a circle for the reason. Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Oh it is super Bowl in bakas in Vegas about to be okay, hey, mad three sixty we won't be working.
Speaker 1: A Yeah, we'll do a podcast Bet three six five and just reminder, we are about to have Bet three sixty five. We are at bed three sixty five. Who's going to send us the Super Bowl this year? Which would be pretty cool. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. Right now, New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account of Bet three sixty five. Use the QR code to sign up, deposit ten and choose between either first bet safety not offer. By placing a bet up to one thousand and if you're qualifying, bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or bet and get offer and place a bet of five dollars or more and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets whatever.
Speaker 2: Whatever the moment.
Speaker 1: It's never ordinary. About three sixty five Official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you were someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I just got on the phone one gamblers say I got a problem. Is they gonna send somebody for me?
Speaker 6: They're gonna know, as you.
Speaker 2: Me, this is very important stuff. I can't stop gambling, all right, Jason.
Speaker 1: You gotta mic, get on the mic. No, get on the micro quick, Gotta talk to you for a second. Here it comes all right. So the next segment is one that our producer Jason came up with. It's called Christmas Cards, and I think it was inspired by.
Speaker 7: Kind of like what Jimmy Fallon does where he writes like to thank you notes you guys doing that before. I don't know that, it doesn't matter, it's not a complicated thing before. So when we write Christmas cards, when my wife and I write Christmas cards, we always try and like personalize a little bit, like hey, happy holidays to you, like thank you for doing this?
Speaker 3: For us this year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a real blessing to us. You know whatever, enjoy enjoy the holidays, right, got to do something nice? So uh since you guys, you guys get on each other's case all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, been nice.
Speaker 7: It's that time of year though, all right, Burry some of that say something nice about it?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Is this like? Is this sincerely nice? Are you?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 6: We?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Since the holidays, you know, I started off you know, Christmas from the Smooth family to the Pauls and family.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 4: I just want to thank you. You know, you can't even say it hurts you for being you know, the good guy you are. I learned a lot about you this year.
Speaker 3: Never had a drink of alcoholic, but this is just such a stand up guy.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: Our friendship is growing day by day. Christmas call at the Santana, Oh man, we together since day one.
Speaker 2: That is crazy when you think, let's.
Speaker 3: Continue to flourishing life together, brother, no doubt.
Speaker 1: I thought, for just real quick, I thought for sure Fred was gonna start and just make a hard right just.
Speaker 6: Being like yeah, I see there, I go get so I'm gonna skip. I'ma skip logan and I'm gonna put my card on there. I'm gonna start with Logan. Okay to Logan from the Moss family, Merry Christmas, and Logan, I appreciate your analytics and you being humble every day because you come in here and have to work with Fred.
Speaker 5: No doubt you know Fred, he's.
Speaker 6: A mouthful, but you keep it trucking and take on that verbal battle. I guess he gives you that burb, that verbal beating. That's what he want to do every every week, every everyone, every every second of every want to he want to talk. He want to talk you up or talk you down. But I appreciate you, Logan man, you make all us better of and for it. Merry Christmas. It was.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So from the Poulson family to the Smooths, I just want to say thanks Fred for every day making it hilarious.
Speaker 2: To come to work. I mean, because he does do that.
Speaker 1: He's talking more than anybody else to play it, but it is funny and it's fun. Antanna, thanks for always being the most downed earth humble guy. Appreciate I ever like you could be like the most the biggest of all time, but you're nice to me, make me feel cool.
Speaker 2: You make me feel like I'm part of the group, and I always appreciate that. Are you not humble? Man?
Speaker 1: We can't get through a segment without you talking about something you did. Like we were talking about offense earlier and you were like, when I play dB, it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: We know what iesday? Remember?
Speaker 1: So yeah, thanks you guys. It's been a ton of fun doing work this year. And now for the moment, I mean, this is made. This is like like almost as big as a Super Bowl this year in terms of television, like the moment like like fight, like fights, what do they do that in fights? Like the third fight is the one that settles the rubber match?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, And as you know that voice right there, what, Oh, we gotta do this read they gotta do this read right now? Jason? All right.
Speaker 1: So this segment before we get in hype it up too much, is presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official credit Union of the Washington Commanders. Commanders stop searching, go Northwest, check out NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join and our Northwest can help you make your money work for you. Stop by a branch or visit NWFCU dot org slash Washington today. Okay, so here, yes, Zach selby Fred Smooth in the bakeoff of the Century bakeup.
Speaker 4: So I knew he was gonna use right cream on the top of him, so I took away to use my invisible lemon.
Speaker 3: Cream cream on it.
Speaker 4: We have water, No, I use what I call a transparent lemon juice filled right there.
Speaker 6: I have to give them both credit because I think Fred listened to me and say, ten, don't like the white stuff, and then Zach said, you don't like the white stuff, I'm gonna cut us.
Speaker 2: There's a cake that I had to let Zach know that.
Speaker 6: You know what, when it comes to the pound cake, the icing is different to me than just white sauce.
Speaker 5: So I appreciate it though.
Speaker 8: So Fred, I'm not gonna lie looking over there that cake. It looks like you burnt it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Hold up, it's an African American cake.
Speaker 2: Before we start talking all this mess, what did you guys make? What did you guys make?
Speaker 3: Seven up cake?
Speaker 2: Seven? What is seven up cake? It's just like seven up in the you have to use in it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, seven it's basically a powner cake cut with seven up.
Speaker 8: Now my icing also has seven up in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you are, you're supposed to. Mine has seven up in it too.
Speaker 8: Does it have anything in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know, but that's why I made my things. I knew the crowd I was playing.
Speaker 1: Is you're supposed to be thick like this? Yes, okay, it's supposed to a little thicker cake.
Speaker 2: So what is it?
Speaker 3: Need milk? You need cow's milk to drink, to eat heat.
Speaker 8: That's not a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Cow's milk that'll kill fred though.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna lie to take zach first. It's good, It is good.
Speaker 2: It's very good. Good job with us, Lord, know what I like? Weeks? Wow, it's a very rich crak it is.
Speaker 8: There's a lot. So there's lemon zest, lime zest and both lemon and lime juice in there.
Speaker 3: You always say lemon and lid juice, but I also use the lemon skin.
Speaker 8: That's what zest is. But don't you dare disrespect me. I got my own zester. Okay, my living in my line.
Speaker 3: Now touch mine, I'm going to go with him.
Speaker 8: Mine is softer, it is.
Speaker 3: Very Mine is more what Grandmama used to make.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is this is Jiffy.
Speaker 8: I think you I think you got Tanna's like flavor profile. I don't know what I think.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna Lee. I told you yourge is great, is great.
Speaker 6: You know. I just looked at him stop and I'm like, this is Jiffy. You know you know what I'm talking about. Jiffy the corn bread, the corn bread, and we grew up on it.
Speaker 3: See here is it thicker? Mine is fluffier, lighter.
Speaker 6: It's very like damnd like you know what, it's like, a like a tweeter, like a corn bread vibe Kate. It's soft, It's it's real soft. I like zach taste the taste of it. Don't get me on his thick go back.
Speaker 3: You need you need that milk.
Speaker 1: But that's okay, No, so okay, let's let's review. So for the first bake, we did what do we do pump pumpkin?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, we did sweet versus pumpkin yeah yeah, and then we switch so then we went a pumpkin pat sweet potato pat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in all of those, I remember the first one, obviously, the texture was banging for Zach and your flavor was really good, right, and then the second one it was my pumpkin yes, and the pumpkin fly flavor was crazy, and then it was a little bit muted.
Speaker 2: Right, it was like too much.
Speaker 8: I'll give Fred won that round.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one is like completely the opposite. Like Fred, your texture is really good, but Zach, your flavor is a banging right now, So do you get him the eight?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna take another bike that.
Speaker 8: Tastes that icing gets the icing.
Speaker 2: I've had some ice now.
Speaker 6: And it's crazy because normally I would want to have more icing. I'm an icing guy. Best on cakes.
Speaker 5: You want to see it, well for me not to see yours, but I know you glazed it.
Speaker 2: I can see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can taste it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great that glazers really good.
Speaker 5: But oh my god, you hated on.
Speaker 3: My glaze because you feel like it was two trains.
Speaker 2: The game I do with the glaze. This is really nice. It takes me back to like when I was a kid, like like my mom used to making.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad I could take you there. You know that that means my cake has a hint of nostyalgia. See when I was cooking.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you make this from a box?
Speaker 3: He said it was No.
Speaker 4: No, he's saying because like that's another level you don't know about.
Speaker 2: I don't know about.
Speaker 3: I was listening to music while I make my cakes, like every day. It was like a high holiday. So my cake got sold.
Speaker 8: See now that we're very different. Because I was listening to a game of Throon's audio book close.
Speaker 3: That's what we're different.
Speaker 8: It so I got so strong swords?
Speaker 2: Which one is that number?
Speaker 8: Third one? The third one, that's when that's the best one by the Yeah, season three and four basically combined for those who don't watch and.
Speaker 2: Because the books, because I read the first three books, because.
Speaker 1: The fourth book four book goes in a completely different Yeah, but that third book was.
Speaker 6: The Winel and Winners, Like, but do the book mess all up when you watch the show, because it's just like Marble.
Speaker 3: They switch it just a little bit to make it fit the narrative.
Speaker 1: Just like actually want it to be helpful, to be honest, to watch it because I could keep track of the characters a little bit better.
Speaker 4: And George Martin, he owned purposely names characters names close to each other.
Speaker 2: So you will have to what a psycho.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he do that so you have to pay attention to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember him doing the names right now in the House of Dragon.
Speaker 4: You got the two twins. One nain't Eric, one naint Eric. Yeah, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: That is a very good play. I like that. But gosh red that with the glaze. It is nice, see the glaze.
Speaker 4: I try to make mine fluffy like right now, if you don't check, ain't my cake to that that that's over there to float up about?
Speaker 3: I have to, I have to.
Speaker 6: I have to say, Zach didn't make me mad this time. I wasn't even mad as Zach, because I know Zach cabate.
Speaker 5: Last time. It was just the white stuff that he had.
Speaker 3: He tried to do too much.
Speaker 8: He tried to do too much.
Speaker 6: It was just stead of putting the marshmallow in one spy, he spreaded the marshman.
Speaker 2: That was the only thing he did and stuff.
Speaker 6: That pie was good. The pile wasn't bad. It was just the marshmallow. To me, it was just threw me off. But it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 2: This is definitely the closest one.
Speaker 5: This is hard.
Speaker 2: Actually, the pumpkin sweep of tato the first round.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the first so remember they had tied right the first We tied the first one, then Fred won the second one.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 8: I'll get.
Speaker 2: If you were great, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Think to say, it's ugly.
Speaker 5: Give I honestly believe that you're doing this. I don't believed.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 6: I mean every time Fred brings them in, it's hard for me to believe.
Speaker 2: Fred.
Speaker 3: But you know, I ain't got no woman, and I'm good. I'm almost thinking you're going to get somebody. I got a pie bake off tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And then I'm a late night baker, so I ain't baked. I ain't started bakon with lem clock last night.
Speaker 3: God. Yeah, yeah, so I used to be like that.
Speaker 8: That's a dangerous game.
Speaker 3: Different.
Speaker 4: Wait, he didn't text me to what yeah about eight nine o'clock and say bringer cake.
Speaker 2: So okay, So for voting, they're just different cakes.
Speaker 8: They are very different cakes.
Speaker 2: Like I wish you guys done the same cake.
Speaker 3: We did, you use different techniques.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shit, this is a poundcake.
Speaker 1: Though you said both of them a seven upcakes. Both are seven upcakes? But why is yours denser?
Speaker 4: Because he made it? This I could have made my dancer. I didn't want to Fred Fred made let's.
Speaker 8: Style made eat my opinion, poundcakes are supposed to be a little bit thicker because this.
Speaker 2: Has been like a lemon cake a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, I did a lot of lemon ab scratch and stuff, So I don't want to vote.
Speaker 8: He used he was used corn bread, meal and flour.
Speaker 3: No I didn't, no, no, no, I just used flour.
Speaker 8: He just used flower.
Speaker 3: But I also did a mixture of white flour and wheat flour.
Speaker 8: Okay, so I used just white flower.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why mine is light of him. What more, I'm a sweet guy. So I'm gonna I'm gonna eat both of you.
Speaker 2: Like we all win. Yeah, it kind of feels like a tie a little bit to me. I mean, do you want me to vote like Jason? I can't have that.
Speaker 8: It would be one oh and two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we basically we're basically in New York jets.
Speaker 5: I honestly can't get him.
Speaker 2: I can't hold your howold your great swoots cake?
Speaker 8: Better than he thought I'll scale, Yeah, it's definitely better than I thought it would be. Every time, like scale of one to ten given an eight, you see and I think I think I don't drink my flavor, puts it up, puts it a little bit above. But I'll say my icing is better ejectively, but.
Speaker 4: See transparent, so it can soak into the cake, not standing on it.
Speaker 8: But my thing is that the ice, the flavor of the icing on my cake is more apparent than your.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but see transparent, so it makes your it's not a parent.
Speaker 2: That the bite shielded. Fred's cake is very good.
Speaker 1: You know. I think Zach's cake is better in this one. So I think it's a tie for the season. But I but I'm not just saying that, like and.
Speaker 3: That's like your word is not that. I'll be all what you got.
Speaker 6: I like, I like the I like zach taste, sex tastes. I like the taste. I like the taste of the cake. So he didn't he didn't do me. No, you know what I mean, Thank you, Jack. Fred's was soft, like it's so and it tastes good. So it's hard for me to say that anyone. So if I had to say, I'm gonna be hard as I can be. I know, if I had to go blindfolded, I didn't see nothing and I just went with the I would probably go with the softness of the cake.
Speaker 5: Jay, but the taste was good. Like I can't.
Speaker 6: He it's a little bit more, and I think Zach broung it more harder to me, like show tanning a little extra limit. I'm not even surprised because I know Zach can bake, but I was just like, damn, Zach fula make this hard for me to not say his cake killed it? Like he killed it?
Speaker 3: What you got, skinny? Yeah, you look like it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: You don't have a lot of everything. You don't tell Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people people hear you.
Speaker 5: You're gonna get Zack's.
Speaker 2: So close every day.
Speaker 3: Who told you how to Who told you how to be? I don't believe in him, man, I don't even believe in him. I think it's my mama. I think it's somebody doing this with no. I used to hang in the kitchen. You know, I'm only child, so I used to hang in the kitchen with my mom.
Speaker 4: And my mama always said this, I want you to learn how to cook so you could take care of yourself.
Speaker 6: Don't want you to do I don't give me all this sweets, man, I can't even let.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we he'll be riding his bike on twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Later people, if y'all, y'all ride down twenty eight and this Santana riding his ten.
Speaker 8: Sweet.
Speaker 2: But it's a good it's a good cake.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna go grandmaself and the rest of this case.
Speaker 2: No, it's uh, it's a really good cake.
Speaker 3: It feels so good.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for joining. We should continue to do this. I said, good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Next season, I got it?
Speaker 3: Is this the last s year?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: We got one more? Got one more show next year? Okay, all right, so thanks so much. Makes you guys tune in on Friday for the preview show. And if you like this show, please make sure you like to subscribe to your contact. Thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 3: I'm about to open up a bakery, smooth cake.
Speaker 1: We are brought to you by Bet three six five. I Bet three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an in game experience which covers seventy eight sports and seven hundred and eighty thousand live streams to ninety million customers worldwide.
Speaker 2: Online betting brand.
Speaker 1: Is powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe.
Speaker 2: Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary.
Speaker 1: At bet three sixty five, the official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders, must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you know it has a gambling problem and wants help, call one hundred Gambler.
Speaker 2: The views and opinions
Speaker 1: Expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.