Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: Well, the NBA Finals and the twenty three twenty four season are officially over.
Speaker 1: I would like to think of.
Speaker 2: It as the Mavericks being knocked out of contention for the championship rather than the Celtics hanging up the eighteenth banner.
Speaker 1: But it has happened.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brown was the prince that was promised, and it's already time to look ahead, obviously for some of us to NBA free agency and pick up the pieces of our shattered season and think of what we can do better this time. And we're gonna discuss all of that am War with Bleacher Reports very o' molly Morrison on today's episode.
Speaker 1: I'm Miles Gray and.
Speaker 3: I'm Jack O'Brien and this is my Miles folsties Bros.
Speaker 4: Dodgic Sorry, got it, look a dog hits ta Okay, there you go and be driving Spinny blot it with five. He's gonna try another.
Speaker 3: Three, mister, look on James to be honest the task show time.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 3: I was doing Kurts from Apocalypse now there at the top after he's completely lost his mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I feel like a little bit.
Speaker 2: Varying forms of emotional trauma are being experienced by people. But yes, we have someone who's a very funny follow on Twitter does commentary. The jokes are there, The commentary is there for Bleach Report, Molly Morrison, thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: Anyway. Molly, how are you look? This is the day after uh, the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: The Celtics have done time capsule as of right now, we think the Celtics won the title.
Speaker 1: So that will not change.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not going to say you don't think.
Speaker 2: No, it's how happened. I know, we're I know we've got a few court cases right now to challenge.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's what I'm doing at my house. I was just screaming stop the steel of my television the whole time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Molly, how did you?
Speaker 2: I mean, top top line thoughts after watching the last game of the finals and the season ending.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you guys are such big haters? Were you all?
Speaker 6: Like amongst the MAVs fans that that changed their profile photos to just Luca with the headphones in. I feel like I feel like half of that was math fans and maybe half of that was.
Speaker 5: Just people who hate the Celtics so much that they're like, you know what, weren't.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to buy a profile to anything involving Luca for a little while. Me and Luca are on, Uh, we're taking a break right now. After that finals performance that was that was not what I was looking for, not my tempo, Luca.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the Celtics, they did the gentleman sweep.
Speaker 2: And what this is is the first time we've had six consecutive new champions since the time had happened between seventy five and eighty. I know, we said the I think we had been saying the first time ever. I think a lot of people on the internet thought this would be the first time ever. No, the seventeen seventy five to eighty also had a similar run.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like twelve teams or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like when all these Celtics titles are from when there were four teams in the league for the most part.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's I'm really I'm fighting. It's wild to I'm fighting all my salt right now.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm just letting it pour. You're letting it out.
Speaker 5: Let me, Yeah, come out here, okay, because I'm not salty.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank god, honestly, that's what we need you for. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to be salty. That are They're not in my favorite teams conference, which is the West. I'm a Grizzlies fan, so the Celtics have never really bothered me. They're players I'm not big fans of. I'm not against. I'm impartial. And what I'll say is, yes, these finals were boring in the sense that it was not very competitive.
Speaker 5: The basketball was not competitive.
Speaker 6: However, I think something really interesting was shown in these playoffs, and that's that. You know, it kept feeling like can teams skip that step?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Can a team like first it was okay, see in Minnesota, you know who went from not even making the playoffs to okay, are they gonna go to the conference finals? Then okay, now they've made the conference finals. Could they go to the finals? And it's like, hold on a second. Even the MAVs with Luca who's so great like he was in the freaking finals, can they really do it? Can they win the finals after no one thought they were really contenders and last season they didn't make a playoffs And the answer is no, And it went to the Celtics who have been there and they have been battle tested, and as annoying as it might be to fans who maybe wanted to see a more exciting outcome, I think it is pretty cool to see all these new teams in the mix. And I don't think that the playoffs were boring. I resent the statement that the playoffs were boring was slightly boring because the.
Speaker 1: Western Conference, Yeah it was wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was good. It was good playoffs and it was exciting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: Now there's there's all these teams who are new and emerging, and the Celtics, like I said, like, it's not like like it had to happen, it had to happen, and they just they were just worlds better than the MAVs. It was so funny because everyone was so like on the MAVs hip train, because the Celtics were just sort of like lazily strolling through their their opponents, and everyone's like, oh, the MAVs, MAVs and six, and then it's like, no, guys, look at these two teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were an unstoppable force.
Speaker 2: And I think it was easier to be to like dream up something where they just didn't continue to dominate as the evidence was.
Speaker 1: So clear the entire season. It's like, maybe maybe the Mavericks you do something.
Speaker 3: It's like, no stats suggests they're a historically good team. And then in the playoffs, we like the narratives somehow became well, they haven't played anyone because look how easy it looks for them. And so it turns out the reason that it looked easy for the Celtics has something to do with the fact that they're really good at defense. So you can actually do you can actually be a historically great defensive team while also being good at offense. Is what this Celtics team has shown us. And I didn't know that was allowed. So I think that's going to change a lot of things in the NBA, because yeah, they just like all these teams, Dallas looked incredible against Minnesota, and then they ran into you know that there was just nobody to hunt on the Celtics defense, so they were able to get buckets at will throughout the playoffs, and then they looked terrible against the Celtics, and yeah, turns out there's a reason for that.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are many reasons for me to feel terrible as a Lakers fan, not only are the Celtics now ahead in the title count, but also Jason Tatum over to Kobe Bryant with total playoff points before what age twenty seven, So I'm like, OK, yeah, there's that too. And apparently Tatum and Brown joined Kobe and Shaq his only pairs of teammates to each score four and to fifty plus points in three straight postseasons. And then look our man, Jalen Brown ended up with the finals MVP Jack re reading a little bit into the finals MVP at.
Speaker 4: All, I yeah, an intrigue I was. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was glad that it was Jaylen Brown. I felt like it could have gone either way between Tatum and Brown. I was definitely surprised at went to Brown. It seemed like counter to what the NBA typically does.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: As a somebody roots against the Celtics, this was like, right as they're at their peak.
Speaker 4: I was like, do I see a crack.
Speaker 3: Because Jason Tatum looked like he is smiling through the pain a little bit when Jaln Brown accepted the award. I'm not saying they need to ad one of the two because there's people molly all, I'm saying, interesting, it's just interesting. The way he looked when they cut to him that when Jalen Brown won the MVP, he looked not happy.
Speaker 5: Look, see, this is what the haters are doing. This is what the haters are doing in every facetest situation.
Speaker 1: Cope, cope, cope.
Speaker 5: There's nothing.
Speaker 6: There's nothing to sayative negative following the stuff like they just did it and Tatum was just happy.
Speaker 5: I've seen the most ridiculous narratives step from it.
Speaker 6: It's like, oh my god, this dude is trying to be in all the emotional compilations. He's like, guys, he just won the championship, what do you want him to do?
Speaker 1: It's wait, people, wait, wait what was what were people saying?
Speaker 6: No, this narrative is just like he's so corny, he's nothing. He's saying, it's authentic all his emotions. He just wants to be creating these legendary playoff moments like oh, and I'm like, y'all, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I just wants to like be the best player in the league. And he's like trying so hard. It's so lame.
Speaker 1: Who does he think he is?
Speaker 2: Larry Birdkum, Elijah Wan, Tim Duncan, Lebron or Yo Kids is like the only player since nineteen eighty to win a championship while leading their team in playoff points, assistant rebounds.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know buy it.
Speaker 3: I will say he is more awkward than I realized, and this made me like him more. He seemed like he didn't know what to do with his hands right after he won the championship, like he knew Hamer on him and he which is like that something I on identify with. I never know what to do with my hands, like in a room of people, And it just seemed like he was like, yeah, uh okay, yay, we did it.
Speaker 4: We didn't yeah, And that made me like him a lot more.
Speaker 5: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 6: I think that there's something like people have this expectation that when you're an NBA superstar, you have to just be the most like loudest person in the room, confident, or you're just this like killer mentality, and Tatums just seems like a pretty easy going, chill, maybe quiet.
Speaker 5: Or low key guy, and I just think people are like don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 6: They're like, yeah, well, how are we supposed to respond to you being like kind of normal. I think it's like that one moment where he yelled, what did he yeall?
Speaker 1: He was like, we did it, we did it, we did it, like.
Speaker 5: You're standing up for I just think people are so hard on him.
Speaker 6: I love like I think it's so endearing when players like aren't maybe the coolest.
Speaker 5: But also I think the cool like aura thing is the most ridiculous thing ever, Like what is that?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: Jason Tatum is cool.
Speaker 3: He's just not like I think it's it's always to like laying and good at basketball and stuff.
Speaker 6: No, but people say he doesn't have aura, that that's the that's this ridiculous narrative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a versions.
Speaker 2: Everyone's aura is different, and I think just because it doesn't conform to like maybe the other players, you expect his aura to be like, then sure, maybe he has no aura and that's compared.
Speaker 3: I think that's like interesting about him, is that he doesn't really have like that natural charisma.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean that's what Kawhi and kg you are like to like my two favorite non Grizzlies ever. I think both because I love their game and both of their person.
Speaker 1: Just get it done. Yeah you're like, yeah, so what my legs are ashy? I don't care. I'm here to win a basketball game. Like make all the jokes you want. But like, yeah, I think with with Tatum too, because there are a few people like.
Speaker 2: I like, look, just so we did it. I'm like, well you, first of all, you will never know what it's like to win an NBA championship and know what that does to your brain in that moment, you know what I mean, Like when people are like we're competing, yeah you have something so swaggy or like first of all, sir, and they're gonna be like this full with corny, but like, yeah, what do you expect from someone for these people who are so singularly focused as athletes to reach this achievement that not like only a handful of players do and completely have it together like in terms of their like pr presentation like yeah, we did it is and maybe you are in disbelief that you did it. And I'm in disbelief too as a hater that they actually did it.
Speaker 1: But they did it. But I think the one thing that I keep fighting.
Speaker 2: The salt and the cope as much as possible because I want to just be like join all the other like freaks in LA right now.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, no, they're so good.
Speaker 2: And again, just like how I felt after the Western Conference Finals last year, I'm like, we are nowhere near there, and like, stop playing yourself thinking we're ever going to get there if we're not even that close, Like this, we have to we have to do. We have to make the right moves, we have to have the right team, and this is it. They have it, They're complete, and that's how you win titles.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're right, y'all are.
Speaker 4: No, No, not at all.
Speaker 1: No, it's true, and like it's so many people to have pointed out.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, like every single like you know, every time the Celtics win, it's followed up by a Lakers chip, you know, And I'm like, yeah, we were close back then, Like I don't think the last time, Like I wouldn't brush past that.
Speaker 3: That stat is wild. Courtesy of our producer Jabbari. The last four Celtics titles led to an immediate at least one title for the Lakers. Yeah, the Celtics one eighty one, Lakers one eighty two, Celtics one eighty four, Lakers won, eighty five, Celtics one eighty six, Lakers won, eighty seven and eighty eight Celtics won, two thousand and eight, Lakers one oh nine and twenty ten.
Speaker 4: So that we were science science right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we were also playing them in the finals most of the time too, to be like, oh really, and we had something to use as like a launch pat Right now we are struggling to be like like even support our supposed franchise player Anthony DA.
Speaker 1: But you know that again, this is you know, I guess all I can say is congratulations to Boston.
Speaker 5: I mean the new Big three Lebron Bronni, Anthony Davis, y'all.
Speaker 6: Interesting, Wow, can't forget can't forget coach JJ.
Speaker 1: See, this is this is what I this is what I was saying when we were talking about JJ. Happened.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can't handle the jokes that are gonna happen from other other fans in the league.
Speaker 5: No, but here's the thing, like, you know, actually, there's no thing.
Speaker 4: It's gonna gonna happen.
Speaker 6: And respect nothing respect to JJ obviously, great great basketball mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but going in your first time and you're going in one of the most high pressure situations in the league.
Speaker 1: It's like it's sort of a setup for for a.
Speaker 6: Bad outcoholic, especially because like the Lakers head coach position is just like automatically like a set up because and like it's not like you're giving them, you.
Speaker 5: Know, it's a track star meal to cook with. Like he's kind of got he's got crop.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you have like got some old ingredients. They're old, but you know there's a little bit.
Speaker 2: A lobster that's maybe like a week past its freshest possible day, still.
Speaker 4: A lobster, nonetheless, Yeah, I don't know. It's uh.
Speaker 3: Like I actually had the thought, like I just have to be full time Denver fan now because that seems like the only team that has a chance at beating the Celtics in the next year or two. Like, I just I feel so dumb for having cheered for Minnesota over Denver in that series, because.
Speaker 6: It was just a man, I was cheering for Denver for that reason. I thought they would give us the best finals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I blew it. I blew it.
Speaker 3: It's my fault because I was cheering so hard that Minnesota won.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but you know what, Puth, They're meant to be there. They would have been there, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I guess thank you for calling me pal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, it's okay.
Speaker 3: We should take a quick break and then then we'll come back. We got to keep talking about Tatum because he's he's our champion.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: And we're Are you a Lakers fan too?
Speaker 4: No, I'm a six Ers fan. Oh you just like.
Speaker 1: You said that like he had left, you said like he had les.
Speaker 6: No, No, I feel like knowing some as a Sixers fan, you kind of understand them to a certain level.
Speaker 5: You're okay through?
Speaker 4: Can we keep this, Brian? An important document of what it means to be a Sixers fan.
Speaker 1: Oh you were in the war?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, like you made it. You've made it through, You've survived.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The one thing I have left to say about Jason Tatum and about the Celtics is this.
Speaker 4: This comes from like a pure.
Speaker 3: The small minded, small hearted place for me, Like I I am mad at Jason Tatum because the Sixers traded up to not draft him.
Speaker 4: That is essentially it. I'm just jealous. Who do we draft? Who do we trade up to draft?
Speaker 1: Mark hel Mark Helfoltz. Yeah, who the Lakers pick number two? Lonzo Ball and the Celtics were there.
Speaker 3: And then also we are the two fan bases that passed on on Jason Tatum. So this explains the show maybe a little bit more, and maybe that's all you need to know.
Speaker 4: We also passed on Jaylen Brown.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, so yeah, look we got a great front office. Again, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We're not even close. We're not even close.
Speaker 5: No, I think I think my team's closer personally than either reuls.
Speaker 3: But so you are a Memphis fan, how are you feeling heading into next year? I mean, everything's up from here, right, It.
Speaker 6: Can't be down, like that's the thing. I mean, it simply can't get worse than last season. So so that's kind of refreshing, you know, going in It's like, Okay, it's funny because I got to this see after years of making the playoffs, which is really cool. I'm lucky that, you know, when I'm growing up, the Grizzlies have been pretty consistently good. It was kind of fun to you know, sit back with the with the fan bases of the Magic fans and the Wizards fans. We were we were enjoying making fun of everyone else's team while we didn't.
Speaker 4: Have to worry about it ress and pain.
Speaker 6: However, I don't want to be back there like I had my nice vacation. I am very much ready.
Speaker 5: I can't. I can't take two years in a row and we're not going to.
Speaker 6: Have that because it's genuinely impossible that every single player on our team just like passes away during the season, just just gets injured.
Speaker 3: So yeah, what is it about Desmond Baines build that makes it so difficult for me to I feel like it's a thing that every time I watch him play basketball, I have to relearn that he's good at basketball because he looks like an action figure from like an eighties like yeah, g I Joe line. It's so weird that he's good at basketball.
Speaker 6: If Desmond baine did not have a short wingspan, he would not have fallen to the Grizzlies in the drop. So I am so thankful for Dosmon Banes.
Speaker 4: Is he I'm a short wingspan?
Speaker 5: Is that weird?
Speaker 3: I'm just talking about how like his his arms are like big, like he looks like like looks like that because of his wings because of his short it's just like shortened up. Yeah, it's more condensed. You know.
Speaker 1: That's why he's got the really big media upper arms, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like when people are like the Rocky movies like are unrealistic because boxers, like that's actually makes you worse at boxing when like you're that jacked. Uh, And Desmond Bane is like, well that that's not what a real NBA player would look like. That's just like a dude who lifts weights all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, then people also photoshop his arms too, so like half the time you're looking at memes, you're also looking at me a memed version of his arms that has completely thrown off, And you're like, how how yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, why don't we swing our focus to the Mavericks?
Speaker 4: How much? I mean, I'm good, Yeah, we can move on. Part of me is like how much?
Speaker 1: Gosh? Yeah that was that was like I don't know that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: I think everybody's assuming Luca's gonna like get into shape, like into some sort of shape that he's like not currently in, and I just don't know, like he's a great basketball player, like top five in the NBA basketball player looking like he's looking and there's a reason he looks like he looks. You know, he's twenty five, so his like metabolism is not going in that direction. He's gonna like suddenly slim down. Like there's always the chance that he like goes TB twelve or something like that. But I like, I truly like I've heard stories like fromt MAVs like front office person who was like, yeah, like one of the first things is like at a practice, they brought in the breakfast cart and Luca ran up and like took a whole gallon of lemonade to the dome and like let them like took us a gallon of sweet tea down and we were like, yo, hey, man, like you can't like he's just got a real sweet.
Speaker 4: Tooth and that's hold on, is that a real thing that you're like, that's a harala.
Speaker 3: Bob vulgaris told that story on I think the Bill Simmons podcast that like the dude just like hammers lemonades and sweet.
Speaker 2: Tea, Like I mean, coming from Europe, our drinks are a kind of sweet that people like in Europe are like whoa, yeah, I mean all cooking with gas out here.
Speaker 1: With this, We're like, yeah, we are, but watch your blood sugar. But yeah, I don't know. I mean, he's definitely getting a lot of the anger from people.
Speaker 5: I think Kyrie I don't think he should be at all personally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I get the frustration, I think because people were hanging so much expectation on him and it wasn't quite what maybe they expected.
Speaker 1: But also like he's always like in some form of injury level.
Speaker 2: And also like and I think just as much like Kyrie also deserves just as much or if there's a more criticism going to somebody, I think Kyrie also deserves some too, because that, you know, for as much talk like we'll see what Boston does to him. It looks like he was like a shell of himself in Boston. I didn't think that was going to be the case, but he really he.
Speaker 4: Van Boston's perimeter defense was so good like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like you know, in the game, Luca gets fouled out, right, Luca's freaking cooking. You're like, oh my god, Okay, they could do it. He fouls out, and then Kyrie is left in the game and he can't get a good shot up with Boston's defenders in his face and there's really no one else who can also get a good shot up right, So Kyrie can't like get that good look.
Speaker 5: It's just like, oh wait, who else do we trust in this moment right to do that?
Speaker 6: And that's when you realize, like the Celtics step was just so huge. But also it's like when Kyrie isn't playing well, you you just there's nothing like you can do because it's Luke and Kyrie and then like several steps down to everyone else, whereas with the Celtics it's Jason and Jalen, but then it's like a few guys like who're not worlds you know, below them, like the few guys that are actually like legit good players. So when Jason isn't as good offensively, it like doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's not felt like that sort of lack of output is not felt like it was with Red Maps because it really, I mean, I feel like, you know, Lively was probably the bright spot for them.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, at least you got something there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like the.
Speaker 6: Thing, right, It's like Lively is awesome. So so congrats and Maps fans for lively. I I personally, if I'm a MAVs fan, I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable. It's not one of those runs where you're like, oh, we'll be back, We'll be back next season. There's a lot of things that have to like go right, especially when you look at other teams who are just gonna inevitably get better and other teams who like now have some of that run and can come back and like have done it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I'm I worry.
Speaker 6: I'm curious, like because the Maps did sort of masterfully craft this this roster after a lot of people, including myself, were like, Okay, now, what the hell are they going to do with the brunts? And so if they kind of they kind of did it, and now it's like, okay, how do they get back there? Because it just felt crazy that they even got there in the first place.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 1: Jack, are you you think Luca can tur it up another level for next season?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You seemed a little bit right, like, because I mean it feels like, come on, man, can you do it at both ends?
Speaker 1: Please? Please? Please? Yeah, as we think he is, I feel like that's possible.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's probably he probably needs to get into better shape, just like in terms of endurance and his ability to defend. It's just so weird though, because it was essentially like a lot of the same players last year when they missed the playoffs, Like it was still that same core. But I guess, I guess it's just about those extra pieces around them that allow you to have an off game or like make it so that you can't just shut down Kyrie and Luca and your your job. Your work is done, like Molly was saying, But I think he needs help and then to just continue improving at the trajectory that he's at. It's just such a weird like his skill set includes shots that to me look like magic tricks, Like you know, some of the shots that he makes are just so and both he and Kyrie, so it's like kind of a weird team to like project on because it's like, yeah, well, as long as they continue to have magic powers, yeah, they're gonna.
Speaker 4: Do great, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: For me, with Luca, I think like the biggest like valid criticism of him because with the defense, it's like when a guy has that much responsibility, I'm sorry, like he's not going to be able to play like lockdown, locked, and he I thought he showed like a lot of significant improvements defensively, you know, he definitely has his his downfalls, but also he was injured and he was doing everything offensively. He was having to run you know, the entire offense. So but for me with Luca, I feel like the most valid criticism is the complaining, and I think that is something that if he is able to like actually hear the noise and take out of his game, I do think that that will help him.
Speaker 5: Just like that can't be good every possession to just.
Speaker 4: Yell yeah and why doc rivers of players. Yes, Yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 5: It's not a good look.
Speaker 6: And I think he although you could argue it's because the referees didn't may have as many calls like I did notice, you know in that last game that he seemed to like kind of hear some of that and not do.
Speaker 5: It as much.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if your focus is so externalized like that in a game where like you need to be at your best, like, then you're you're giving up your power, like in terms of being able to like just lock your game in. If it's everything is so dependent on like what these other people are doing like and yes, you're gonna get bad calls, but the ones who do it well, they brush it off and they know like, okay, wellies have to do this despite whatever difficulties I'm having with the refereeing.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, I that can definitely.
Speaker 2: That's always like you never like to see that kind of thing because you're just like, I need a little bit of that elite mentality where yeah, it's not always going to go your way, and don't just you know, throw the toys out the pram as they say in England because you got frost.
Speaker 3: Oh they just say that in England. They don't say it because I say that all the time, don't. Yeah, yeah, dude, I call it a jumper. I call it a pram. I call it the elevator a lift.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was my favorite time of the year because the season is over. Hope Springs Eternal. The seventy six ers don't have anybody on their team yet, so to so like I don't have to rain any expectations in. It's like, yeah, man, we could be pretty tough next year. I read this one article where they said Paul George is going to be part of the big three them be to MAXI yeah, I mean they need they need big swings.
Speaker 5: Why not.
Speaker 3: I'll take Kawhi while we're at it, you know, I don't care. I'm crazy, the most fragile.
Speaker 1: If only they were if only they were healthy the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would have the all if only they were a healthy team in the history of the NB with Embiid, Kawhi and Paul George like, that would be wild. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: For me with the Sixers, it comes down more to like the issue I was saying with Dallas, like, I just feel like you've got Embiid, You've got Max. Obviously, you know the injuries are the issue, but it's like they just they need some some more stronger pieces around them.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmmm. So you think like good players around are good players?
Speaker 5: I think that would I think that would be good.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: So that's what I was That's what I was thinking too that I've been told that's that's crazy, that's a crazy Yeah.
Speaker 5: Something something to think about, something.
Speaker 1: I don't know better.
Speaker 3: Things I'm most excited about right now is a photograph of Victor wembing Yama uh looking like he added like twenty pounds of muscle already.
Speaker 1: His shoulders are like that guy, Yeah, I'm excited that are you talking.
Speaker 5: About the future. We're all sitting here like, oh, this team and then we forget.
Speaker 2: About this, like yeah, there's there's an extraterrestrial with basketball skills.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, leveling up like a Pokemon, you know, like whatever.
Speaker 4: Is Like I think he's going to be a problem.
Speaker 3: Like I mean, he's already a problem and like from game to game, but like I think he might be a problem for the whole league like next year, like he might be really like they might be good next year. Which that so that is like as much as I love the Sixers, like you know, they're they're right there next to the Celtics just waiting to be demolished by the Celtics. So like, I don't I don't know how much they're going to be able to accomplish in the offseason that they're going to be competing with the super team. But the so I'm now a full time Denver fan because that that is the team I think currently has the best chance of beating the Celtics. But I also like there's this outside chance, like what can the Spurs do in the next couple of years to like build something around Wembingama, Like what where do they for their point guard that is going to like get him the ball?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 6: For me, I feel like when min Yama has shown that he's so good already and like so capable that I don't want to get a point guard in the draft, Like if I'm them, I'm looking at the hawk situation and.
Speaker 5: Being like, yes, exactly can I get one of them?
Speaker 6: Because for me, it's like if you bring Wenby a real point guard, I would be so excited to see the kind of jump they could take, just like and I say one of those guys because you know, I think the obvious one is Trey or Yeah, that's the one most discussed, but I don't know, there's something like mooragetriguing potentially about the other you know, de Jonte potentially returning.
Speaker 3: But Jonte coming back like Lebron coming back home, you know, going home. Yes, Garland is the other one that has been mentioned that super producer Jabbari got me super excited about before we start recording because Garland just I don't know, he like feels a little spursy, you know, like he's just uh, you know, he's going to get the job done.
Speaker 4: He's a good defender. I'm I'm pretty excited about that idea.
Speaker 5: Actually, I love that idea. Garland's awesome, But like, what, how does that happen?
Speaker 3: I think they just like they're like, you know, what would be cool if Garland played for played with Webbing, sort.
Speaker 1: Of like how a Laker fans mine work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jason Tatum come home? Literally literally, come on back, baby, grow up in l a. No, no, you just mean come home because he wants to be up being.
Speaker 2: A huge Kobe fan, huge Laker fan, and like then he's like, but the Lakers wanted nothing to do with me, and that's our karma.
Speaker 1: Now obviously in the form of him just.
Speaker 4: And that worked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, more than that later.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's what's set to make like three hundred Tatum, what's the what's the deal he's about to sign?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna have a lot of money.
Speaker 3: He's already started building the Experimental Space Crew AFT that he's going to launch.
Speaker 2: Oh he's got that billionaire Yeah, five year, three hundred and fifteen million dollar contract.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, So I can't offer that, but hey, that'd be cool though, that'd be pretty cool though. Hey man, that was just like how I said it'll be cool in the Lakers Anthony Edwards, and then you just leave it there, take and pray.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah, exactly, That's exactly what we do.
Speaker 3: What's the Grizzlies main need Molly that they need to address this offseason.
Speaker 5: Grizzlies need a center and shooters. We need we need shooters.
Speaker 1: So okay, yeah, those not going to make a joke, not going to make a joke.
Speaker 2: But I I know how like I know you said it can't get worse than this, but do you do you genuinely you do you feel like this is you got something.
Speaker 1: Like there's there's energy, there's hope there could be with the right movie.
Speaker 5: Grizzlies. The Grizzlies are are awesome. They they are awesome. And what this like. They've got the great core.
Speaker 6: Right, They've got Jaw, They've got Bane, They've got Jaren, Jaren who you know, as much as some people including myself, have often thought like he should make more sense to the center, but he's just not going to be a center. That's not what he fits as. And you know, last season, as unfortunate as it was, and as hard as it was to, you know, watch a new guy suit up for us every single day while another person dwindled to the injury report. Gigi Jackson and Men's Williams were two just like huge revelations after years of the Grizzlies struggling to make something out of these mediocre wing players who they kept drafting high. It's like, actually, these two guys who you didn't draft high are better than all of them. So I'm excited. I think adding them in. You know, people forget about Brandon Clark. He was hurt for a lot of last season. We have it's a team, a team exactly because the thing is like these guys haven't played together. Sure, they really haven't played together, especially like yeah, with the addition of Marcus Smart, you know, if he's on the team next season, I don't know if they're going to use him as some type of asset to ata center.
Speaker 5: We'll see. But I'm very I mean, I also am just like it's so high on Jaw and it's been.
Speaker 3: It really was like night and day when he finally when he came back and played like he really was awesome.
Speaker 6: It's is He's literally that kind of player, and like people forget that, you know, people just don't see him, so they forget. But like Jah came in and after a season like was able to get them to the play in and then into the playoffs. That takes a lot of franchises, no matter how great their star is, it takes them a little minute. And like obviously we had Jaron too, but Jaron, you know, dealt with injury struggles and was also young. Jaws is the kind of player that is just like that guy, like he can take over. He has that ability, you know, at the end of the game to take over. That's something a lot of players, no matter how good they are, don't have.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited when you give him just be nice to the league, come home. It's just we're going to have like a too, Like it'll be like the Cold War, you know, just two powers.
Speaker 1: What if we did like what if we got joh on the weekends like kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Job.
Speaker 6: Jaw is such a special player, Like seriously, as someone who has watched like more of him than you know, any anyone else, any other whatever.
Speaker 5: He's he's so good.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited hopefully for him to be able to come back in a good head space, good health, and never mind the world who he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Vince Carter even agrees.
Speaker 5: When we yeah, parters of Grizzlies legend, so I expect him to wrap.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gets exactly.
Speaker 3: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we will be right back to do the fastest segment in podcasting. And we're back. We're back, And Molly, you have wandered into the fact the segment of podcasting, the rapid fire out of questioning. We're just gonna throw some questions at you. You're gonna just fire back with the first thought that comes to your mind. And if we get off topic, if we uh, you know, slow things down with our meandering.
Speaker 4: It is your job to keep things on the rails.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we want to keep it quick boom boom boom boom. All right, No, and I know you will. I know you will. We'll do ours, but we fail frequently.
Speaker 4: Miles. Do you want to start?
Speaker 1: I think we sure would, But firstlock.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I almost forgot to shout as Brian to start the clock.
Speaker 4: That's my job. Listen. He doesn't listen, Jack.
Speaker 1: We're already messing up. Where the clock's running.
Speaker 2: Billy Morrison, you have a time machine, and with this time machine you can go back in time to personally witness any finals matchup from history. And however many games the series went, you are front row for every single game. Which finals series do you want to witness in the flesh?
Speaker 5: Oh? My god. First of all, it's stressing out that there's a clock and I can't see it.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's okay, But this your end score?
Speaker 5: Do I say, like the ninety six? Is that boring?
Speaker 4: Now? A good one?
Speaker 1: I mean, why wouldn't you?
Speaker 2: Because yeah, I feel like and I'm not trying to be how old were you when that was?
Speaker 5: When that series was, I was zero, I was negative. I was negative.
Speaker 3: Helped me to hear that, and it's also makes me want to cry, makes me feel young because I was also zero.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wasn't born yet either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's Do you see the clip of Costas like that people are passing around like this would be impossible in today's media environment, where he just it's the end of the game, like Jordan has moments before hit the Byron Russell like game winner in Utah, and then Costas just does this like two minutes soliloquy about like the state of professional sports and like how great what we've just witnessed, and how this maybe the end for the Jordan Bulls and like kind of nails a bunch of things about the future. And it's pretty pretty wild that he like kind of appreciated what he had just seen.
Speaker 1: Well, we really have to keep this segment moving. We got it. Yeah, sorry, we got it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would love to.
Speaker 6: See how different things were, because I feel like there was probably like a magic that doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people actually watched him hit that game winner with their eyes and so through their phones.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was crazy, kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, So we've heard Aunt be described as a phase of the NBA for the next five years. Who are some other candidates that you think are phase of the NBA next five years that we might not be thinking of?
Speaker 5: Is the fas NBA?
Speaker 6: In my opinion, I think that's he's been like to me, it's kind of inevitable. I'm also okay with there being multiple phases. I don't think there's just one face. So Anthony Edwards is one. I'm gonna say Jahn Moran as well, and that's that's kind of my my O s g A.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to happen his moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, he's really close to it. I feel like he's really he's at the doorstep Wemby.
Speaker 6: Is that like everything he did in his rookie year is just like perfectly propping him up to be that. He's so like with he's so willing to as well, Like he's you could tell you he likes being marketed and he's good at it and he has a really good mind for it.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm excited to see like everything with his rookie year which is perfect, perfect marketing.
Speaker 4: And yeah, do you think he's gonna win Defensive Player of the Year next year? Like is it a is it a rap on? That one? I feel like it might be a rap on Defensive Player of the Year for the next.
Speaker 3: Because especially because we got caught drawn in by Rudy again and then I think he will. Yeah, I would be surprised if he's not a Defensive Player of the Year next year. And I think he's going to score twenty five a game. Wow, Okay, I'm feeling I'm feeling spice to get Molly.
Speaker 1: We really have to keep this segment going.
Speaker 2: So I apologize for this, but I'm gonna have to I'm apt to touch you with this next question.
Speaker 1: So you brought up your Grizzlies.
Speaker 2: You talked about how you have camaraderie with the Orlando fans. Other teams that I've taken that step over the last few years, although sometimes it's up and down, up and down.
Speaker 1: Who's another team or two teams, three teams. Well, however, many teams you.
Speaker 2: Also expect to kind of surprise us, do something a little bit different, have the fans going, oh, I see you.
Speaker 6: Oh I like that question. I actually like the magic for that answer. I had the magic beating the Calves, and I don't think it looked like that wasn't too absurd of a projection. But I think they're a really fun, good team and they've got a lot of depth. And also, like Pallo is freaking amazing. I'm excited about them in terms of surprising, because like I feel like you can't say, like.
Speaker 5: Okay, see Minnesota. That's probably it's probably my answer.
Speaker 4: Great great answer, answer, good answer, good answer, good answer. All right.
Speaker 3: We are planning a nineties throwback series this summer to fill time where we highlight players or teams from that era, who as somebody who is not around for that era, is somebody that you want us to dig in on. We so far we got Grant Hill, we got Penny, we got Vince Carter, Shin Kemp Young, Kobe, Alan Iverson. We also have Ai listed here, so we're we're stretching here because we have both Iverson and Ai. Glenn Robinson, Ray Allen, any anyone else do you think we need to look into?
Speaker 5: I mean, for me, like Dennis Rodman is like the most fascinating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the list that is that is the one that we were missing. That is the correct answer. Molly Morrison, you have aced it you you you got it right.
Speaker 4: Great, Molly.
Speaker 1: Someone is planning I'm going to Memphis this summer.
Speaker 2: What kind of restaurant do they need to absolutely check out or what attraction do they absolutely need to check out so they feel like they have maybe experienced Memphis in and authentically.
Speaker 5: They need to go to the Civil Rights Museum.
Speaker 6: They need to go, on a less serious note, to the most ridiculous monument in the world, which is the bast pro Shop here.
Speaker 5: Amid It's that's absurd and you have to see it.
Speaker 6: It's it's fantastic. You need to ride it to the top and just see the city. And for food, barbecue, obviously gotta go with Central Barbecue, which is my favorite, my favorite barbecue.
Speaker 1: I dream of going there.
Speaker 2: I've only bought their sauce online, and based on the sauce that I've bought online, it's delicious.
Speaker 1: But that's not even close to having the actual meats there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, no, Actually, now I'm like really sad that I'm in New York because now I'm just really craving that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, hey, the grass isn't always greener, you know.
Speaker 3: Well, Molly Morrison, you have gotten every question correct, absolutely and the rabbit fire round question. Yeah, congratulations, plus for you. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, yeah, you can find me online Twitter, TikTok Mollie Hannah, Instagram, Molly Underscore Morrison just or just see me occasionally pop up on your timeline for the vis.
Speaker 5: No pressure, You don't have to find me.
Speaker 4: You can't escape her. Yeah, and you can find her or she will yeah exactly. There you go. All right, Well what a pleasure miles. Where can they find US.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can find the show actually at the hashtag mad Boosty's b W S T I Yes, and that's you can find show links updates, as well as getting information on joining our discord, which is poppin' off.
Speaker 1: Shout out to everybody mad Boost's discord participating. We'd love to see it. You can find me on Twitter at Miles of great Now.
Speaker 3: I'm on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian. That's gonna do it for another episode of Miles and Jack op mad boost He's another season of the NBA will be back. Off season content, Olympics content, fantasy, free agency signings, draft, cavarage.
Speaker 4: All all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a nineties Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 4: Talk y'all next week. Bye bye bye