Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. Hunding School Clock with Steve and Carroll, and we're joined by Bloomberg Breaking News edit at Louise Moon. Louise, I had to do a double take when I looked at the terminal for WVP this morning. It's up twenty three percent now, but at one point was high as thirty percentage points.
Speaker 4: What is driving that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and then it's the most on records shares swing. It's absolutely surging this morning. What it is is that it looks as though things are starting to improve, and that is what's really driving that share movement this morning. So the turnaround seeming like it's starting to pay off. It's had years worth of client and revenue losses. This is all on the back of AI competition as well as you know wider macro uncertainty impacting clients spending as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: So it's been seeing across the ad industry. So WP had their second quarter results this morning operating profit that that key metric. It fell, but it fell less than expected, and WPP also reiterated guidance for the full year. They had spoken in February about doing a portfolio review and then they said this morning they expect to gain over two hundred million pounds from selling some non core assets. One of those could be It's got a forty percent stake in Kantar, the market researcher, so one of those sales could be of that stake. So essentially a lot of positive news showing that the efforts under Cindy Rose, the CEO who joined last September, she's been cunning a lot of costs, restructuring the business into four units. Those are her particular measures that she's been doing, showing that that is starting to improve a momentum and making progress.
Speaker 4: Luise to Germany next, where one of the star performers of the market there over the past couple of years, Ryan Mattal, had earning XECT this morning as well. Shares those slightly lower, Yeah, kind of fluctuating.
Speaker 1: They had initially gained about three percent, but now lower, as you say, they cut their sales forecast for the year. Now this is all related to a canceled German naval contract which came in June. This happened in June and that was worth about ten billion euros. So the German government essentially decided to buy them from TKMS, another company, Ry Mattel saying today that that was canceled. They say it was canceled because the German government were worried about delays and cost over runs as well as some other issues. So they've cut their sales forecast on the back of that, and they're now trying to find more contracts for their naval units.
Speaker 4: So some negative news, but a list is saying.
Speaker 1: That the likelihood of future disappointments are now much lower now that this has happened, and that sales forecast has been cut as a result, and they're saying that the full year consensus numbers are now in better shape given this news. So shares kind of fluctuating on the back of that.
Speaker 4: And finally you're thinking about the sweet healthcare company Medicore.
Speaker 1: Why, Yeah, so a really interesting deal KKR, the private city giant that it's buying medi coover's Indian hospital operations.
Speaker 4: That's a value of about one point two billion euros.
Speaker 1: So quite a big deal there that's expected to close in the fourth quarter. For KKR, it's expanding its healthcare investments, particularly in India, but for medicover obviously for US looking at their stock kind of the most important bit. They're going to get cash proceeds of about seven hundred and forty million euros and that's essentially going to help them accelerate their push across Europe, so particularly into Poland, Germany, Romania.
Speaker 4: It says that it's going to put them in a stronger financial position.
Speaker 1: So shares up about nine ten percent in Stockholm this morning, which is almost pairing all their losses so far this year.
Speaker 4: So a big deal for them and going to help them with their exposure.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the late market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.