Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready, When you're ready, let's get it off. How's it going, everybody?
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arean. And it's Tuesday here on the show.
Speaker 3: You know that means? You know what that means, anybody. We got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 1: It is NXT tonight, Dynamite is tomorrow at this past Monday. Last night is Raw and man, let me tell you at Saturday Night's main event was a four match wrestling show. Four matches, no run ins, no interference, just four matches with finishes and two title changes and nothing else, not an angle, nothing on that show.
Speaker 3: Well, on Raw, it.
Speaker 1: Was time to do a big reshuffling, and so we got nothing but angles on RAW and actually a bunch of really good matches as well, So we'll tell you about Raw.
Speaker 3: From last night.
Speaker 1: They are heading towards a Survivor series as well as the tournament to crown John Cena's final opponent, so we'll talk about that plus all of the news. Cody Rhodes talks about seth rawlins in his injury. Got a bunch of notes from Wrestle Kingdom. We got a new title match announced for the show. We'll tell you about the attendance and what's going on. There's still no match for Tanahashi, but we will get into that. We've also got a UFC we talked about this a little bit yesterday, the UH, the alleged fixed fight this past weekend, and a bunch of other news as well. Land Storm is gonna join us here today. If you would like to contact us, you're welcome to do so. The text message line four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for w online at gmail dot com is the email. You can follow me on threads, Instagram, and cameo at for w Online at Brian Albarez on x and Blue Sky Back in a moment with more.
Speaker 3: Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Keep lesterday for details on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Holidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals, so now we have to liquidate our prices.
Speaker 5: Here's how. Whether you want to go to.
Speaker 4: Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals. Book is selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Now you can book your vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel. We'll book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals. Are thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen. Do you need to sell your home. If if you sold a home before, you remember how stressful and expensive it was. Sold dot Com is here to help you sell your home for the most money and with the least amount of stress. There are new ways to sell your home that you've never heard of before. Did you know there are companies who will offer you cash for your home. Did you know you could trade in your home for a new one. Did you know there are realtors who will sell your home for a plat fee instead of an expensive commission. It's true. Sold dot Com services are free, So if you're looking to sell, make this free phone call right now and learn how your next home sale can be faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Pick up your cell phone and call right now. Eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six, eight hundred two five one seven eight one six. That's eight hundred two five one seventy eight sixteen. Kay hear that. That's the sound of uncertainty lurking under your hood. You know the feeling I know, I do, that sudden sinking sensation when you see a check engine light or your car unexpectedly breaks down. And you're faced with sky high repair bill. It's time to shield against unexpected repairs with Carshield. Carshield as America is most trusted all the protection company and has an a rating with a Better Business Bureau. Don't let the fear of a breakdown keep you up at night. Trust the Shield, car Shield, and say goodbye to terrifying repair business and hello to peace of mind. Your plan also comes with twenty four to seven roadside assistance, courtesy toeing, rental car options, and so much more. Don't wait till it's too late. Call Carshield now before a breakdown, protect your wallet, protect your car With Carshield, get our best protection ever. Call now. You'll thank me later.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred two.
Speaker 4: Four seven sixty one three five eight hundred two four seven six one three five. That's eight hundred two four seven six one.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: I owe you all beat up Lance that right?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: What a life?
Speaker 5: My hip, my lumbar, my shoulder, things messed up.
Speaker 3: My glute hurts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're a pain in the behind.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that, yes, a pain in the ass, I can say that, right, Tom.
Speaker 3: Yes you can.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that you check after well, I figured that one was all right. Plus it's true I am a pain in the ass. The question is how many times can I say it before? Remember when when on AW they had like a.
Speaker 5: Once per hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could.
Speaker 1: Say you drop an S bomb once per hour, but anything more than that you would get in trouble. Well, anyway, are you ready to feel like that at ninety six?
Speaker 3: Lance?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't fathom making ninety six. For those who don't know, Brian's grandmother, the famous Granny double G from the Brian and Vinie Show, is ninety six today. Happy birthday, Grannie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Granny's ninety six.
Speaker 1: My dad's birthday Saday too, and my sister's birthday was yesterday. Can you believe that it is all true? But yes, Granny's ninety six today, and we're gonna have the ninety sixth birthday bash on tonight's Brian and Vinnie Show. So tonight on the show, we're gonna have that celebration and also review the two hour they've already got us two hour TENA impact from November five, two thousand and five, twenty years ago this week, so we're gonna be doing all of that. And the big announcement is you will be able to watch it live if you're a YouTube subscriber, and also if you are a Twitch subscriber, and if you're not a Twitch subscriber, you can subscribe for free using your Amazon Prime account, which who doesn't have Amazon Prime. Just go up to Twitch dot tv slash f fw Video and you go to subscribe and you'll give you the option to use your Amazon Prime account. It's a free Amazon Prime perk and you can sign up every month on our channel free. And with that subscription to Twitch, you can watch Observer live every day. We do post pay per view shows on Twitch that you can watch and it's all free with Amazon Prime. So head up there, sign up and watch the show. Tonight eight Pacific eleven Eastern is the party time, eight Pacific eleven eastern. Maybe we'll even drink.
Speaker 5: Probably not, probably best you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like to tease stuff like that. All right, I should mention tonight as NXT. This is the actual NXT lineup. I got the whole thing wrong on Observer Radio last night. Because they've already started building next week's show, which is a much bigger show than this week's show. So tonight we've got Javon Evan versus Saquon of the what are those geeks Dark State? Yeah, the good news is Saquan's the one guy that's great, so him and Javon actually should have probably an incredible match. Fatal Influence versus Tatum Pasley is he Dame and Lola Ice and a six person and then the start of the tournament for the vacant speed title. I can't tell you how excited I.
Speaker 3: Am for that.
Speaker 1: That's coming up tonight, and then of course next next Tuesday is the Ricky Saints Trick Williams Last Man Standing match, as well as El Grande Americano against Jasper Troy for the speed title, who by the way, they beat El Grande last night, of course they did. And then tomorrow's aw Dynamite. We have got Mercedes Money and Athena versus the Babes of Wrath does ever know who they are?
Speaker 5: Willow and Harley.
Speaker 1: Harley Cameron and Willow Nightingale. That is the first round of the women's tag title tournament. And also Hangman Hook and Eddie Kingston versus Simo Joe Shabbada and Powerhouse Hobbs and absolutely nothing else so far. So we're back in that boat again. Maybe we'll get some more matches announced today.
Speaker 5: When's that million dollar tag match.
Speaker 3: At Full Gear?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not on Dynamite.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: We've got a bunch in New Japan News. So Russell Kingdom is January fourth, so we're two months away. We've already got four matches, so clearly Tony is not booking this one. So we've got Takeshta and Yodasuji title for title, the IWGP title versus the IWGP Global Title winner takes all in that main event, we have the Hiroshi Tanahashi retirement match, and at this point no opponent yet for Tanahashi, but Ghetto is vowed he will get him an opponent. We have Evil versus the debuting Aaron Wolf, which is now for the never Open Weight title. He's gonna make his pro wrestling debut. Aaron Wolf is an Olympian Olympic gold medal in judo at the twenty twenty Games and a huge name in Japan, and he is debuting against Evil, who is in fact his trainer. So that's I'm sure why that's taking place now. The Never open Weight title is on the line, and so if you haven't figured it out yet, the story of this year's tokyodom is it's time to push some young guys and some new guys. And so I would be flabbergasted if Yodasuji did not end up win the IWGP title from Takeshta. And obviously Aaron Wolf is getting shot out of a cannon on day one beating Evil for the Never open Weight title, and that's the idea. We need to make new young stars, we need to get people going a new generation and uh, and that's the idea.
Speaker 5: So I guess yes, it'd make you happy. Yeah, you're in favor of new young guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, in theory, like the Hiroshi Tanashi's opponent should be Javon Evans and then Javon beats him. I mean, that's what should happen. I don't think that's what's gonna happen, but it'll probably end up. I think the two names most likely to face Tanahashi in his final match are probably either maybe Okada or maybe Shinskey Nakamura if they can get that done, and that is not an impossibility, so we'll see what happens. We've also got Saya Kamatani against Su in a winner take all match. New Japan Strong Women's title and IWGP Women's title. Both of those are on the line, and Tanahashi did do a press conference and he did not announce his opponent, but they did announce that after selling twenty thousand tickets when they went on sale on October first for the Tokyo Dome, they are now at thirty one thousand, five hundred and forty eight and Tanahashi said, I've heard it's the fastest selling event in history. I've never seen such an incredibly sold out venue in my career. There's a chance I might be able to see that again. I'm a little sad it's my retirement match. This will be the very last match of my career. I'll be reaching twenty six years. I want to make sure I leave behind one thing that I have not yet accomplished. They have not sold thirty thousand tickets since before the pandemic. Night one of Russell Kingdom fourteen did forty thousand fans. Night two did thirty thousand, and then Russell Kingdom nineteen and January did twenty four thousand, down from twenty seven thousand to twenty twenty four and twenty six twenty twenty three. So whatever they set it up for, I'm gonna sell out the Tokyo Dome and uh, you know, to sell out the Tokyo Doome for Tanahashi's last match and also presumably crown Yodasuji the NEWIWGP champion and get Aarin Wolf's career off to a hot start. I mean, this is all great news for New Japan. So they've been kind of in a lull of late, sort of a kind of overall lack of interest compared to the past. But maybe they can start to turn everything around here. We shall see. But that's the lineup for the show. When we come back from the break, I should will talk about it now. Cody did an interview. He's talking about injuries, and he made a good point that I had not thought about, which is the match was Seth rawlins at Helen a Cell. He had a completely torn pack and it was an incredible pain. And then they did the match about a month ago and Seth apparently tore his rotator cuff and basically Cody said, we don't need to wrestle ever again. He lost his shoulder. That was the first major injury I've ever had. I was glad to be in the ring with him that night. It was special, But we don't need to do this anymore. Eddie's probably right.
Speaker 5: It's like Matt Hardy and Samy Guevara.
Speaker 1: Basically, yeah, I'll talk more about these injuries after the break Observer Life.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So coding this interview talked about when he was heading into Hell in a cell. He said there was a drug free policy. Ine wwe very adamant. There's no substance abuse in this company anymore.
Speaker 3: None.
Speaker 1: The eighties are over. We got to be healthy, We got to be clean. So people ask all the time if I any pain medication or anything.
Speaker 3: Of that nature.
Speaker 1: I had four baby aspirn because they didn't even have a regular advil.
Speaker 3: I remember the.
Speaker 1: Time being told, Hey, if you're in pain, we're gonna stop it. There's nothing to prove here. I'm walking the tight rope the whole match. Not sure if they're just going to ring the bell, but Seth was a perfect person to be in there with. Crazy thing about this photo is Seth rolls. I recently wrestled a Crown jewel and Seth finally beat me. And so first time anyone's ever said this, He says, I want to say he tore his rotator cuff. We don't have an actual answer on what's with Seth. I know he's got under the knife, got surgery, so at this point real not real. Have you look at the industry? Him and I are not.
Speaker 3: Good for each other.
Speaker 1: So apparently a torn rotator cuff. You know, it was never made public what Set's exact injury was other than his shoulder.
Speaker 3: So he's out of action for quite a.
Speaker 1: While with that injury, one way or the other. And he said, we don't power through anymore.
Speaker 3: Helen.
Speaker 1: His sell might have been the very last example of hey, let's power through. You just have more athlete conscious people today.
Speaker 3: So that's the story. What do you have to say about that.
Speaker 5: Well, you also have guaranteed contracts now where back in the day, guys didn't get paid if they didn't work, so they hid injuries and use drugs, and it is certainly a far better system for all involved. Now.
Speaker 1: Cody also said that his last or his next WWE contract is probably going to be his last. He says he has a four year old and an eight week old, and you can only go so long. I think I know my number where I'd like to get with this. I was lucky that my dad, who I thought was the best dad ever, he was out of the game. He was in it as a producer, in it as a creator, popping here as an old man wrestler every now and then, but he was out of the game. So he was number one dad at every game. Coach our football team. He's known in Cobb County as coach more than the American dream. I'd like to make it by the time I hit that age, and I'm not gone that often, or I can't really walk around that much, so he'll be uh. I guess forty this year, forty five and twenty thirty, and.
Speaker 5: He can still sign another five year contract and yeah, wrap up a wealthy, happy and hopefully healthy man.
Speaker 1: So we talked to yesterday with Tom. We don't talk a lot of UFC here, but the alleged fixed fight with Isaac Dulgarian and Yadier del Valle on Saturday. The odds shifted dramatically enough in the hours prior to the matchup, the FBI and the promotions betting integrity partner both learned at UFC to betting irregularities as a rash of bets were placed on Dulgarian losing in the first round. They asked him and he said, nothing to it. Everything's finest on the level. He then proceeded to go in and lose in the first round after not fighting a choke at all. And I bring this up because this is like big news all over it. It's funny because on Saturday night Tom texted me and then some people were talking about it on Twitter like, oh my god, I think we just saw a fixed fight, and for some reason, like nobody was really talking about it. And then you know, we talked about on the show yesterday, and then Dave talked about an Observer Radio last night, and then today was the day where this is actually getting nash the headlines around the country that and I think part of it is also because this was also the day that some people started coming forward saying I've been offered money to fix a fight.
Speaker 3: I've been offered money to fix a fight, and so I think.
Speaker 1: There was only I forget was it was it, I forget who it was. In the nineties, there was there was one other fight that people believe one of the guys through the fight. But I mean, other than that, they've been you know, they've had a good run of non fixed fights and so well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now this one is.
Speaker 1: Nothing is more important to the integrity of our sport, said UFC, which is true, but it's just funny to read that line. The Survivor series theme song war Pigs. If you recall they promoted on television. I think it was on SmackDown. They were like, if you download this song, make sure you download the Judas Priest and Ozzy Osbourne version. I was like, that's kind of weird to specify that, But apparently the reason they're doing that is because all proceeds from the sale of the song will be going to charity. It's going to be donated to the Glenn Tipton Parkinson's Foundation, charity founded by the band's guitarist. Osborne was diagnosed with Parkinson's a twenty nineteen passed away in July. His Triple H said, Ozzy Osbourne's music has been a part of the soundtrack of my life. I was likely to be a fan eventually call him a friend. This year, all prophets from the sale of Ozzi Judas Priests version of Warpigs will be donated to the Glenn Tipton Parkinson's Foundation and Cure Parkinson support this iconic sound and.
Speaker 3: This great cause for Ozzy.
Speaker 1: The song was originally performed by Black Sabbath, has been the theme song for Survivor series since it was adopted the war games format in twenty twenty two. So this year, make sure you download the right one because it will help out a lot, you know, was it?
Speaker 3: Anyway? I'll talk about that later because I forgot House of Torture's Purge Night of Torture.
Speaker 1: You want to see a you ever wanted to see a show promoted by the House of Torture. It's like that old NWA pay per view or the NW pay perview. Remember the NW pay per view sold out? That was one of the freaking worst shows of all time, the NW pay per view. Yes, well, now the House of Torture is promoting Perge Night of Torture November nineteenth, Corkenhall and Tokyo lineup as Evil versus Shot Skywalker, Chase Owen's Bad Luck Falle and Kennamaru versus a Shi Masa Masato Tanaka a Kudo Hadaka and Dick Togo and Arina versus the Great sask at Hanzo House of Tortures.
Speaker 5: At least they'll have fans there. It wasn't sold out empty arena.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they had fans there.
Speaker 5: I thought the nWo one was an empty arena one.
Speaker 3: I'll have to think about this.
Speaker 5: Well, get the chat going, see who can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, firm, I don't seem to recall that being in. I can't imagine there being no fans there For that.
Speaker 5: I thought there was a black and white nWo show and there was no fans and it was atrocious.
Speaker 3: Sleep Well, it might have done a TV like that. Oh maybe that's possible, all right.
Speaker 1: If you have questions, text it's four to five seven eight zero seven five sixty six.
Speaker 3: That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six.
Speaker 1: We got a couple of minutes here before the break and we'll do raw when we come back. So let's see what's in the text message been here?
Speaker 3: Anybody got anything?
Speaker 1: I suppose it says you should poll the Tick to replace Paul Leveck.
Speaker 3: It's head of creative for we.
Speaker 5: Oh you were me. I don't want that job, man oh man. Hours in the day that job takes.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it takes a lot. You know this this past it was funny this weekend. It's like, first you had the SmackDown that did like four thousand fans and everyone decided that the you know ship hit the iceberg, and then Saturday there was the Saturday night's main event. Hunter wasn't even there, and then it was just like four matches with no angles. I mean, listen, I like wrestling, I like finishes, but I watched that show live, which means I watch an hour of downtime and then an hour of four matches, and by the end I was like, honestly, I'm kind of bored, like can we have one angle or something? So, you know, there were people talking this weekend like, you know, should should we be replacing Olavek here? Cause man, this is not an exciting show and it's boring. He's not even there. Attendance is down. Then Monday comes ross completely sold out. Fans are going wild, bunch of great matches, nothing but angles up and down the show. They made some big changes and and it fell hot again, So we'll see how it continues on. They're still averaging eleven seven hundred fans this year, so but one bad night on Halloween by the way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're also just getting ready to kick start and start the road to wrestle Mania, Like this is traditionally getting ready to start getting hot and interesting, not the peak season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this person says, Lance, have you read Cobra Clutch by Aj Devlin. It's about a former indie wrestler turned private investigator. The first book involves finding another worker's kidnapped snake.
Speaker 5: No, I have not.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a recommendation for you there.
Speaker 1: This person says, what was your best match that you worked in the HYEWF? Well, that's out of that blue here, you know. I I don't remember. That was a long time ago, but I do remember. I do remember one thing. We had a guy who watched the show on public access and he was rich, and he thought that this thing had the potential to be huge and so he started sponsoring these shows. Like he gave us money to print flyers. He gave us money to do this or that. And I do remember that there was a y WF title match where I lost the belt to the Iron Man, and when it was over, this guy said, when you lost that belt, I shed a tear. Therefore, I think that must have been my best match.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: He wasn't rich at the time. But you know who watched Chris Jerich when I wrestle on cable access television once?
Speaker 3: Who's at the rock?
Speaker 5: Really he saw our ladder match that we did in Calgary on cable access when he he was on the practice squad for the Calgary Stampeders in a hotel room.
Speaker 3: How about that.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I ever watched Channel twenty nine in Seattle.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 6: Oh well, back in a moment observer line.
Speaker 7: I'm holding in my hand the American silver Eagle Dollar. It's a beautiful piece of American history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty six. These coins are a beautiful, classic piece of American history, and they're a great investment you should add to your portfolio. The beauty of silver is that however much you have available to invest, silver is affordable and easy to acquire, with one coin costing around thirty dollars. So if you choose to invest a few thousand in silver, you can get quite a bit for your money, and you'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to own. Claim your piece of American history with American silver Eagle dollars. Call the Silver Hotline right now.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four. That's eight hundred six two oh sixteen twenty four.
Speaker 8: I am an American veteran. I'm proud to have served this country. Helping veterans is something all Americans can participate in, and it's as simple as donating an old car that you have sitting around. When you call the Veteran Car Donation Program, they'll explain how the program works and then a range of time they can come and take up your vehicle for free running or not, it doesn't matter. They take cars, trucks, motorcycles, or vans. Show your support by donating your car and get a tax deduction in the process. Call the Veteran Card Donation Program right now. They'll come and pick your car up for free, and you get a tax deduction in the process. Call the number we're about to give you right now. Thank you and God bless America.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred eight eighty seven one own ninety seven, eight hundred eight eight seven one own nine seven, eight hundred eight eight seven one own ninety seven. That's eight hundred eight eight seven ten ninety seven.
Speaker 9: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills. Life insurance can even pay for college. And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing. It can even help cover a state tax. Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the life Insurance quote line right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike Simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Can the show Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live, land Storm meaning us here today?
Speaker 3: Do you watched Raw last night?
Speaker 5: I watched most of it last night and the rest this morning.
Speaker 3: What'd you think? Uh?
Speaker 5: Like every week there was stuff I liked and stuff I didn't. I think, to me, the one thing I would have done differently, I would have put the Bronze versus sum Punk tag match earlier in the show and main evented with the World Tag Team Titles to try to make championships mean something. The World Tag Titles was booked last week and promoted for a week, so you could have used the announcement and excuse that. I know you guys want to go at it tonight, but we've already got a promoted main event, so we will fit you into the show and do that match in the middle of the show. It gets the crappy double count out finish done earlier in the show and allows you to go off the air with a clean babyface win and send everybody home happy. I would have preferred that tag title match because it was great to close the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't necessarily disagree, but I know why they did it because they wanted that big. That's a big angle they did, and it's going to lead to the main eventa Survivor series, and so I think they wanted that to be the last thing you remember going off the air. But it opened up with see him Punk coming out as the new world champion. He cut a big promo, long promo and thanked everybody and talked about how seth if he came back from the injury and tried to mess with him, he put him back on the shelf and talked about all the people he wanted to wrestle for the title.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Fighting champion, said he'd face anybody from JD McDonald a Shamus to John Cena, and of all people, out came Logan Paul, at which point Punk said, no, anybody.
Speaker 3: But bang it, anybody but you.
Speaker 1: He goes go to SmackDown and face Heliot Dragonov and Logan said, you said anybody? He said, I've been in the ring with everybody, Sena Roman, I beat aj at Russell Mania and he's going on and on, and out come Paul and Braun and they go back and forth and they both want a shot at Punk, and Logan says, I was here first, So Broun says, too bad, I'm not waiting, and the Heels end up getting into the ring and Punk says Logan, you either fight or you get out of here. And Logan goes to get out of there, but the Heels won't let him leave, and so they throw him into the side of the ring. They get in the ring to kill Punk. Logan makes a baby face come back and uh and Trice helped clear the ring, but they double team him and Bronson hits him with the tsunami. Punk then returns with a chair to make the save and Uh, you know this old Helms.
Speaker 5: Like Shane Helms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this guy's on my list today.
Speaker 5: I'm quite sure he'll lose sleep over that.
Speaker 1: This This segment went ten minutes long, and I was told that they were scrambling to get the next segment out there. I tweeted this out and then you know, everyone did stories on it that this they were scrambling it. And he went online and he goes, yeah, we were scrambling. There were dogs barking and chandeliers swinging. I was like, you're gonna get it, buddy, let me tell you that. Yeah, what is up with that Helms? Anyway, Stephanie and Nicky Bella versus Rock Sand and Raquel. This was a good match, very good match. And here's the good news about the match. It wasn't just a match itself. So Rock Sand is apparently fine, worked fine in this match. Stefanie but cares knee, It's apparently fine. She also worked fine in this match.
Speaker 5: Although she did grab it and sell it once.
Speaker 1: She did once and h and Nicki Bella didn't kill anybody, and actually I thought she looked really good in this match. So in the end she got pinned. Uh, Raquel clabbered Nicki behind the ref's back because you can't hit the illegal person. Cannot hit the legal person in a tag match unless it's breaking up a pin or it's a DQ.
Speaker 3: That's the stupidest rule.
Speaker 5: It's one of the greatest things when NXT talent comes to TNA, because we'll do tag matches and they'll be like, we can't do that. I'm like, that's not a rule here, you can do that. They're like, well, we might get in try. I'm like, I don't care, these are our rules. We're doing it ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So Raquel Clauber Nicki Roxanne hit the pop Rocks for the pin and so as a result of Nicki getting pinned, Raquel gets a shot at Stephanie next week.
Speaker 3: Whatever. That was that good match.
Speaker 5: Though, they're right, why does Raquel and not Roxane get the title shot?
Speaker 3: It's a great question. I don't know. There's a lot of questions I could ask about this whole thing.
Speaker 1: So they have a tumbler backstage, Adam Pierce's drawing names.
Speaker 3: So here's the deal.
Speaker 1: They're having a tournament to determine who gets to face John Cena. The tournament starts next week. We have the Bane of my existence, no brackets. What they want is to they want some surprises. So they don't want to just put a graphic up with like all the surprise names on there, and it's like, God, I get it.
Speaker 3: You want Okay, listen.
Speaker 1: If you want surprises, then I would accept pulling names out of a hat for qualifiers. And then once you've got all the qualifiers, when that's when your surprises show up, then you populate the bracket or whatever.
Speaker 3: But like, these are.
Speaker 1: The these are matches in the tournament, but we have no bracket.
Speaker 3: Whose side is who on? What's going on? So that was irritating.
Speaker 1: And they're gonna pull two more names on Friday or two more matches, so four names, but like, god, why is this so hard?
Speaker 3: What can you know?
Speaker 1: One the worst, actually, the one that irritated me actually the most, was when aw said that they were gonna have brackets and then they they like put empty brackets on the screen. I was like, that is specifically trolling me. You put brackets up, but there's no names in them.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they've officially not doing the only people that have never faced.
Speaker 1: Seen him, Yes, apparently it's anybody. Punk ranted at Jay Uso backstage. Jay offered to help him tonight. Punk didn't know if he could trust him. Jay said, you can trust me. One of these guys is turning El Grande Americano versus Penta. This is also a very good match. We had the two Loas Americanos outside. First, Bravo tries to interfere, he gets ejected. Ryo then gives a Grande the metal plate, loads his mask. He then interferes, The referee jects him. Penta dives onto him instead and wipes him out. Gets in the ring. Elgrande tries the head buttt but Penna boots him, hits the destroyer and wins. I thought this was a good match and a great finish, and the fans went wild.
Speaker 5: And we found out that Bravo was spelled with five rs.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 5: That's what they said on commentary.
Speaker 3: Well, so he's a Bravo m hm, So make sure.
Speaker 5: You all your reports that you write up put five rs.
Speaker 1: In, like rush KLOOKI Warriors promo.
Speaker 3: These two are great. You think I'm mad about brackets?
Speaker 5: Are you aware that these promo segments backstage or almost carbon copies of what TNA did well Impact back then did with the Lucha Bros. Great, Yeah, they're awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing is Oscar speaks pretty much perfect English, but she does this gimmick that she doesn't and actually she's a better promo I think in Japanese and in English, and I don't even know what she's talking about. So anyway, they're the best great segments. Dom came out for a promo. He's both booed and cheered wildly depending on what happens. So he calls himself the greatest Lucidor of all time and outcomes Ray Masterio. The fans go nuts. They announce he is medically cleared. He cuts a promo and he says, Dom, you look surprised. I don't care if you call yourself the best champion of all time, but you cannot call yourself the greatest, the king of the Lucidors. He says, how can you be the best lucator of all time? What about Al Santo, Blue Demon, Eddie Guerrero. Eddie's the only guy that got a pop. The fans had no idea who El Santo.
Speaker 5: Was or Eddie got a huge pop.
Speaker 1: Actually, Blue Demon got a louder pop than El Santo by a little bit. I think, because there actually is a Blue Demon Junior. And uh, and there's actually been news about Blue Demon Junior because he gotten that car wreck. So I think, actually, right now more people know about Blue Demon than El Santo, which is astonishing. But anyway, Dom says, keep your keep my father's name out of your mouth, which is funny because if you knew how many times when I'm writing a report I write Dominic Guerrero instead of Dominic Mysterio, you'd be astonished. But like in storyline number one, he's doing the Eddie Guerrero gimmick, he's not doing the Ray Mysterio gimmick. And also in storyline, his father was Eddie, remember m hm.
Speaker 5: I also found it interesting that he said king of the Luchadors, considering that Ray Mysterio the Ray is actually king.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it was Ray Phoenix actually mm hmm yeah, king of and the Phoenix King. But anyway, they get into a big argument and Dom tries to attack him. Ray hits the six to one nine, goes for the drop the dime, but Dom Bale's great segment and it's gonna be a fun match whenever they end up doing it, probably in Ray's hometown and Dom's of San Diego. We had Becky showing up to do a promo where she basically complained about everything and threatened Max Sine dupre great Delivery fans ate it up.
Speaker 3: It was a good little segment.
Speaker 5: Very angry woman, she really is.
Speaker 1: Then we had the Kabuki Warriors against Bailey and Lyra. This was a great television match, and I thought Oscar and Lyral were great together.
Speaker 3: I thought that they were the two.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think they were the two best in the entire match, but everybody looked good, and finally Oscar attracted Lyra. Kyrie hit the double foot stump, but Bailey broke it up. Lyra finally goes for a dive and Oscar hatches her in an Oscar locke out of mid air and submits her.
Speaker 3: So next week it is Charlotte.
Speaker 1: And Alexa defending the tag titles against the Kabuki Warriors. And like I said, you think I'm mad about brackets. If Oscar Kyrie do not win these titles, get it.
Speaker 5: The rants are coming.
Speaker 1: You hear that Hurricane Finn and JD were celebrating guys want to know an Easter Egg. So every time they have one of these segments backstage, every time that Roxanne and Dom end up alone together, there's always a picture of live in the background, And it was very obvious on this show and the crowd even pop for it when they saw it, so she told him to go out and help Judgment Day tonight even though they didn't want him to. So it's AJ and Dragon Lever's the Judgment Day tag team titles. This match was also great. Crowd's going nuts for this match.
Speaker 5: This was my favorite match of the night.
Speaker 1: It was great and Dom of course, Finn tells him to go get the belt so he can waffle somebody with it, but Dom of course gets caught by the referee. Seamus flies in kills Dom. The ref goes after Shamus, Finn hits Aj with a shell, le JD makes cover, Dragon breaks it up. Fans are buzzing at this point, and then AJ ends up catching Dom as he's coming off the ropes, hits him with the Clash.
Speaker 3: Or not Dom.
Speaker 1: Finn and hits the styles clash and gets the pin or no JD whoever he hit keep trying but one. I don't proof for you these things. Someone else does that. Yeah, but AJ one is the point and it was a great match. Dom screwed up again and I liked it. Then we had a segment my god NICKI meeting with Stephanie. She's turning a heel on this lady, for sure. It was painfully obvious in this segment. Then we had Paul trying to recruit Jay Uso. They announced russeven, Damien and Shinske and Seamus for the tournament next week minus brackets, and then the main event was Braun and Braun versus Jay and Punk, and really it wasn't much of a match, and then everyone's brawling outside that I counted out.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh my god, Although I will say this, if you're gonna give me that bad of a finish, I don't want a long, great match.
Speaker 1: That's true, but god, what an awful you know what? It was actually much worse because the rest of the show was so great. It which is like one grade match, grade match, grade match, cool finish, cool finish, and then slow match with a count out.
Speaker 5: God and then a Russo swerve.
Speaker 1: So then yeah, they do the big brawl and the brawl goes on for like hours on end, and then finally Logan flies in with the Brass Knuts to back up the baby Faces, but of course he turns on Punk and lays him out and then presents the brass Knuckles to Paul Hayman. He is now in the vision and everybody was asking if he's taken theory spot. I actually don't think so. I think he's in seth spot. So there is still a spot for theory if they end up doing that back in the moment.
Speaker 3: Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget tonight it's the Brian and Vinnie and Granny and Craig Show. No Sean, it's an election day, so he's busy with his actual job. But we're gonna be watching TNA Impact Wrestling from twenty years ago this week, November five, two thousand and five. It's a two hour special and we'll be reviewing that tonight on the show.
Speaker 3: And it is the Granny ninety six.
Speaker 1: It's the birthday Bash, and so we're gonna have a birthday party for her. She'll do her wrestling report or trivia. Everyone's gonna wish happy birthday on the Facebook. It's gonna be a fun time. So that's tonight. You can watch it live live a Pacific eleven Eastern on either YouTube if you're a video dot F for W online dot com subscriber that is video dot FW online dot com. And also you can get a Twitch subscription and watch it live Twitch dot tv, slash FFORW video hit subscribe and then link up your Amazon Prime account. It's free if you have Amazon Prime. And you can watch along tonight as well, and also watch Observer live and the post pay per view shows and all that kind of fun stuff. So Twitch dot tv, slash f foror W video and if you're thinking about signing up for YouTube. We also have a Platinum option and once a month, if you're a Platinum subscriber, we're gonna be doing a live Q and A. And it might be with me, me and Vinnie, maybe me and Lance, me and Tom whoever, but we're gonna do that at least once a month for platinum subscribers, So check that out as well. And that is it.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna wrap it up. Anything else, Lance, No, that sounds good.
Speaker 5: I'm in for the Q and A.
Speaker 1: All right, check out Impact as well Thursday as everybody.
Speaker 5: Yes, Open Fight Night this week, Open Fight Night. There will be matches.
Speaker 3: Never better not be a fix. I tell you.
Speaker 5: The fights may be fixed.
Speaker 1: Look, we don't need another fight night fix. All right, we'll talk to you next time, everybody Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network