Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody in the Fantasy Bros.
Speaker 2: MLB.
Speaker 1: This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six Pike that five bucks put one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off, It's me, Joey p that's the Welsh, It's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks who make this show run. Hi, everyone, Welcome Welsh. Another day, another Yankee pitching performance to lead the show off with, Uh, here we go that guy who tweeted us yesterday about you know, I'm not gonna listen tomorrow because Joe's gonna talk about Garrett Colin. I'm a Yankee fan. Well, I don't think he's listening today.
Speaker 2: Either I wish I wasn't listening or here.
Speaker 3: I'm on something Like everything I say right now is just poop down the drain.
Speaker 2: It is like it is crazy.
Speaker 3: Obviously we're gonna talk about Luise Heal. I was appointment watching yesterday. I put on the game and I'm like all right, I was pumping myself up.
Speaker 2: I'm like this, well you got this? Who got this? Like I was pitching for Louis Heel.
Speaker 3: I just needed Louis heel to have the good game, so we couldn't start the show like this, and then I had the worst betting day I probably had in forever. I'm actually thinking of after the show going to get some sage and we might do a saging session.
Speaker 1: The Demon. That's how That's what I'm trying to do. I want to talk. I want to know more about Andrew. Here in the chat, I took joe piece of Pizza's advice and I shipp call out before you return. Thanks Joey p You're the best. Oh, you're there, the best. Andrew can't wait for the reaper out and he says, Andrew, I'm just curious. Please in the chat, tell us what you got for Cole. I'm curious what those deals look like in reality, not in fantasy or in.
Speaker 2: Got Eric Fetti. Aren't you proud of me?
Speaker 1: That's the thing, Like, let's see who he got? Uh? And yes, Mike was there on I love when everybody discovers pizza pizza haha, Like I never heard that my entire likely the first person there's there's Lucas going thinks it is like the greatest thing ever, right, did you think that? Like when I was seven years old. I wasn't hearing this in elementary school.
Speaker 2: Come on, come onl And.
Speaker 1: Then Little Caesars disappeared for a long time. They kind of like fell off the map. I don't know if they won like chapter eleven. Then they made a big comeback in the last like twenty years. And now it's back around again.
Speaker 3: But yesterday on the or actually it's gonna be today on the In this leek Fantasy Baseball podcast, we had Justin Mason on and we redrafted the first four rounds if it were starting today. The question is, do you think Garrett Cole made those four rounds?
Speaker 2: Now, you're damn right he did. You are damn right he did.
Speaker 1: And guess what, you a Mason doing it? The cock eyed optimists of fantasy baseball.
Speaker 4: Not me.
Speaker 1: I'm the hard and realist. Okay, here we go. I'm not even gonna look. I'm just gonna bring it right up here. He got Volpi, I'm sorry Cole, Brian Dela Cruz and Anthony Volpi for Duran Yamamoto who ended up getting hurt, which isn't great, and C. J. Abrams so theory. When this deal went down, Yamamoto was still healthy Yamamoto, Duran and Abrams is a pretty good haul for col and Volpee. I think I think it's a pretty.
Speaker 3: Good Yeah, yeah, it's good. A lot of this the theory, the theory was great. Abrams is what the hell was that?
Speaker 1: What? What is that? What's happening? What's happening? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Weld On asking about Garrett Cole, Ai, it's coming where what Skynett?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Where did that?
Speaker 1: This has happened before on the show or weird stuff? I have no idea where that's coming from.
Speaker 2: Say what do you think about Garrett Cole? Siri?
Speaker 1: What? Siri? What do you think about Garrett Cole? I don't have an iPhone? Well I do, it's my camera. But what that was weird?
Speaker 2: Did you say you don't have this?
Speaker 1: Be it? Did I? Did I push a button? This isn't on this I don't know. I don't know where that came from. I don't know how that came from. It must be the iPhone. It must have heard me say something and started to click in And that's never happened on a show, and I do five thousand shows a day. That is weird.
Speaker 2: Well, AI initiative, it's the that's coming in.
Speaker 1: Here an initiative and it's taking over the show.
Speaker 2: As Goose listen that that trade, that trade was was fine, AI. I think agree.
Speaker 3: AI needed to be heard and that happened. But let's talk about Louis Heal though for a minute. Are you ready to do that? Because that I got goosebumps. I'm a little scared to keep doing the show.
Speaker 2: I don't know the thing.
Speaker 3: The things in my ten years by the way of like doing podcasting and stuff that have happened inside of studios like.
Speaker 2: Giant moth like the Mothman attacked.
Speaker 3: Me one time, and having like robot series takeover like that was super weird. I want to hear what it said. We'll have to listen back. Don't listen to it backwards because it might be like, no, I'm coming. It sounded crazy. Uh right, So the game Louis Heal, Louis Heal was not on his best stuff. First inning, it was no strikes. One thing I noticed right off the bat. Literally it was just nothing but balls. He had an under thirty percent under thirty zone percentage on his pitches, twenty percent on his secondaries, thirty percent on his fastball.
Speaker 2: So it was garbage.
Speaker 3: Second inning was clean. Third inning he gave up the homer, and then it just kind of kept tallying from there. His in total ended up having His fastball was down a little bit. He had six total whiffs in the game, a sixteen percent whiff rate based on thirty seven in a row swings he had. He did improve the zone percentage, But like hand up, this is just I'm was wrong right now because I was such a defender of Luis Heel.
Speaker 2: He does look gassed. He didn't have.
Speaker 3: His stuff, And the only thing I've wanted to know was what level will they go? They're going to do the stupid throw them into the bullpen, and or they just gonna like let him have a blow, like Joe would say, and just have a rest and then get back into the rotation. That's what I'm hopeful for, and that can save mine. Louis Heel takes. But listen, it wasn't good. He didn't look great. It wasn't his best stuff. And I bet my ass on the Yankees yesterday that they were not gonna have the Mets take another one.
Speaker 1: The Mets own the Yankees. What the universe is this? But I love it? Fun fact. You like fun fact, you like numbers. Welsh Louis Heel has given up eighteen earned runs his first eighty innings. Over his last five and two thirds, he's given up twelve. That's stunning. And look, we all knew regression was gonna happen anyway. He wasn't gonna have a sub to el right the whole season like that stuff wasn't gonna happen. But it is. This is not rocket science. This is Oh, how are baseball players, and specifically pitchers trained, now? Oh, it's it's an incremental innings increase over a certain amount of time. And he has hit this. The wall was staring us in the face for weeks now, and it was very hard to move off of it because he was so good and he looked so fantastic, and it felt so good to be so right for those people who drafted him. And I told you that story in my keeper league. I said a month ago to the guy, I said, look, he's gonna hit a wall in a couple of weeks. I'm offering you three legitimate pitchers here for the guy who's a buck, and I want to rebuild in this league. And he was like, now, I just want to see it out here with he and I was like, all right now after this second. I didn't offer him after last week, but after this one, I might go back and try one more time and say, are you sure now? Can you hear me? Now?
Speaker 3: I do think that like seeing it out still isn't like the worst play, But again, it's like anything else we're talking about, the Garrett Cole stuff. If you're like Eric Fetti, like no thanks, I'd to hold that out, no thank you if you're.
Speaker 2: Getting at that time, Yo Yamamoto and C. J.
Speaker 1: Abrams like okay against C Jabas for heel rest of season, I'm taking C. J Abrams Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I had hit her, but I would I would probably still rather probably sit this out and see what happens with it.
Speaker 2: If they can manage.
Speaker 3: I mean, yes, his innings are up, and that is an obvious thing that's been our face, but I will just still point you out when you look, it is still an elite batting average against even on this short term. His expected era is right in line with the three era regression happens. I've been calling this for imon Aga for you know, weeks and weeks and then Bam just getting blasted and his era is starting to come back out. It doesn't mean they're going to be done done. But you know what, I'm an idiot, so don't listen to me right now.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I cannot properly function with the Yankees. I've tried to prop them up, but everything I say is wrong.
Speaker 2: On the Yankees.
Speaker 1: Brett Anderson nailed it.
Speaker 3: I warned you, oh, oh my god, if we could get your phone to just randomly go Joe, I warned that.
Speaker 1: Way, that would welch what is happening.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It did not come from my phone. It had to have come from the camera phone. But what did it pick up that I said for the first.
Speaker 2: Sometimes headphone, you know, like headphones like you can do, like.
Speaker 1: The crappy old ones that are plug right in my computer that I even into the It's very weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's gonna happen to you.
Speaker 1: It was very weird. I'm a little I'm looking like you said, the terminator could be here anymoment, shook, I say. He gets sent down to the Triple A through the month of July, and he's a two or three inning pitcher. That's what I think he's gonna be because I don't think you want him in the bullpen. I don't think you want him up and down a million times. That's asking for injury. I think you want him every fifth day. I think they're gonna do that weird Max Meyer thing. And you know the Yankees are on tenuous ground right now. Aaron Judge, luckily, he's still good to run Homer for him number thirty show Hiltan. If you just keep picking Otani and Judge every day, you had to be doing well on the wole run contest. Otani went yard again. He's at twenty five. Gavin Stone in that game, a complete game, shutout, my god, talking about saving the bacon of a rotation seven k's against I know is a White Sox. I don't care. He's been great. He's got two seven three era A one point one to two whips, seventy strikeouts, twenty five walks, and eighty nine innings. He is not a big time striking out picture, but this dude is a real picture on a very good team. And Gavin Stone deserves a lot more credit than he's getting in fantasy circles right now.
Speaker 2: Well, saving Stone, did it a Stone? What was that song? I just completely yeah your rotation alone to be Yeah, Gab.
Speaker 5: Sessions paytionally our way for my dude, Gaving Stone.
Speaker 2: Oh wait for you there alone.
Speaker 3: This is where AI needs to come in. It'll be like now, please stop, Gavin Stone.
Speaker 2: No that you actually did.
Speaker 1: A very good enough I love you people. I love you, know Peters and Cracker Jacks give me crap. I love you guys. I love every single one of you. This is the best time we have, the best time. I love this. You're the best.
Speaker 3: Gavin Stone. This is a wild one. He had his fifty six swings on pitches swings. Now, obviously the whiff rate was low. It was only eighteen percent on that bad Boy singer slider change up as he does. It was a pretty even distribution on the secondaries versus the singer. But here's my question for you. Would you rather have rest of season Gavin Stone or Luis Heel Gavin Stone under.
Speaker 2: The same inning pitched issues. If you're going to play.
Speaker 1: That way, what's Gavin Stone's high watermark and triple A?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's go find I want to combine here.
Speaker 1: See the problem with Heel is that the problem with Hell was that it was what twenty nineteen where he got to that ninety inning mark or whatever it is. That's a long time ago. I mean, that is a very long time ago, and he's had other issues. He's had other injuries in the past. Two Stone am looking at the innings cumulative total. The high watermark was twenty twenty two, one twenty one. I'll take my chances with Gavin Stone pushing to one hundred and fifty. I will take my chances with.
Speaker 2: That and victims victory.
Speaker 1: We've heard Victor's feelings because we're having fun. Bro, this guy, these guys joke or this guy's joke more than talking MLB. Victor check spell check spell check, first of all, Victor, and second of all, Yeah, we can have fun and talk baseball at the same time. Like, what are you doing? You can't walk into gom like.
Speaker 2: It's been known people. What people want us to do is come on, just cater to.
Speaker 1: Their specific question, ex. Philosophy every five seconds.
Speaker 3: Perhaps I will say this, Gavin Stone is phenomenal this year two to seven, but he is already at ninety innings pitched, So you know you're you're closing it now Heel has reached kind of his marker where Stone hasn't quite you'd probably push Stone to one fifty.
Speaker 2: But I just think it's interesting because.
Speaker 1: I think you can easily push them to one fifty and you.
Speaker 3: Also know that they're gonna do a six man rotation, and that kind of gives you a better feel for like him not being pushed to a bullpen or being completely.
Speaker 1: Gavin Stone, I think is almost greater right now. That's exactly in Peril. Bobby Miller certainly in Peril. Walker Bueller is on the iol. He's terrible, and Yamamoto is hurt. I mean, Gavin Stone has you know, you're a card guy, you're a poker guy, Welsh. That's a lot of outs left, Like, that's a lot of turns in the cars left where you're like, Gavin Stone can still get you a straight flush here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just on the flop right now where Luis Heel unfortunately is turning on the river. So that's where they get like a tiny bit difficult. But the thing and I know, like everybody is easily going to just sit in here and most of them in the chat are just oh, Grevin Stone and Gavin Stone. I'm not saying it's not Gavin Stone, but you also got to look at the strikeout upside for Luis Heel, which has been absolutely elite of elite this season. Yeah, Gavin Stone's under twenty percent. He's not an elite strikeout guy. I mean he had fifty six wings on pitches last night and ten of them induced with so like that's gonna happen. They both had powerful offenses, but the Dodgers maybe created a little bit more wiggle room and there's a little bit more floor for innings for Gavin Stone.
Speaker 1: Good day for the Orioles. Grace Rodriguez two runs, seven innings and Gunnar Henderson three for four with a homer. Cleaned up on the betting side with Gunner Henderson on the total base on the RBI prop boom smashed yesterday. I think it was four and oh yesterday or three and one yesterday smashed it though. So we're gonna get back to work today. A fun game between the Mariners and the Rays to Pepio eight strikeouts, George Kirby seven strikeouts, And that's the thing. You know, when you have the pitching depth of the Mariners, you know Castillo has a bad start. Next day, who is it? George Kirby steps up. And that's why I think the Mariners are gonna be a playoff team no matter what happens. Just get some more offense. Here's some fun stuff. Bryan Reynolds extends his hitting streak to twenty three consecutive games. Matthew libtour six shutout innings, eight strikeouts for him. So while she came in here from the bullpen to make little starry start, do you think with all these old farts in that cardinal rotation, maybe they should let him make another one?
Speaker 2: Should they let him make another one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean potentially. Do I think he's going to be like super successful this year?
Speaker 2: I used to be a big big.
Speaker 3: Back in high school. I actually watch him pitch in high school out here in Arizona. He was a local kid I forgot against. Yeah, Nolan Gorman.
Speaker 2: He just has never had the stuff. What I'm doing here.
Speaker 3: I'm also patting for time to see where some of the changes have gone. This is interesting and this is something we have see. It's a little bit different like Hunter Green, you know, was like heavy fastball, needed to get secondaries and a big success story we saw was when he turned around and started throwing his slider more than his fastball. That hasn't ever really been necessarily the case on Matthew Libertor. But what he is doing like is in that he needed to, you know, offset his fastball, but he is throwing his slider the most now.
Speaker 2: So the pitch mixed change.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure I articulated that was he's essentially dumping the curveball, which a thirty three percent with rate last year and a pretty good batting average against to go slider one forty five percent with rate on his slider this year he throws at twenty eight percent of the time. Fastball is your setup pitch, which is throwing for strikes. He's got that sinker in year of the same I did. I thought this is the year of the splitter. It might be the year of the sinker, which he is throwing that about the same. And then he's added a cutter in this season, which is just another fastball establishment pitch. At the end of the day, he's kind of a two pitch pitcher. It's a version of a fastball and a slider. The slider has been so good, you know what as I'm looking at this because I had not really broken him down. Maybe you know his expected era is sub four. That's not bad barrel rate against and hard hit. It's it's manageable. It had screams like fifth starter type of stuff. I actually might be down. I might be down for Matthew Libatur. I think he does get some other opportunities. It might be down to even stream him against the right team, you know, like the Marlins or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brian by the way, is pushing your buttons because he wants me to sing Gavin Stone and me and like Counting Crows voice, Oh gav me, They're gonna be big stars. Yeah, I love it, he says, Yeah, broke and change up. I love it. Uh No on Gorman by the way, also fun over three two more shrikeouts for him.
Speaker 2: Just best friend with liberator by the way, the best friend's best friend?
Speaker 1: Is it time to replace Nolan Gorman? If you're the Cardinals real quick?
Speaker 2: They can. I don't think they will, but they like, where do they go?
Speaker 1: Where do they go? Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, Tommy Edmund just got rehurt. Brendan Donovan can play second base. They could move Mason Win there they've got Thomas de Gasey and the miners speaking of a prospecting with the Welsh.
Speaker 2: That would be a guy I could take that. I don't think.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's get to some prospector with the Welsh here real quick, rookie, lookye stuff, Spencer Aghtty ten strikeouts? What happened there? How that happen? Here? We go get try again. John Kenzie Noel got called up. Hit a home run. Remember he had an eleven hundred oh ps at Columbus two fifty nine seventy eight slash eighteen bombs. Brett Batty speaking of Bomb's sixth home run in fifteen games for Triple A. Shane Bos another strong start for him at Triple A, working his way back two runs and six hits over five innings. Tyler Black was on the bench again. Spencer Torkelsen three to four. Black with two home runs in Triple A. And that's not the only good news your boy. Parker Meadows two eighty five, three seventy eight five nineteen slashes his demotion. So look for those Detroit Tigers to start coming up again soon. And they're not the only guys who are going to make some impact pretty soon. Here when it comes to some of the youth of Major League Baseball, because it's time for a prospect and with the Welsh, he's got a pickaxe and he's been down on that farm mine in prospects for your pleasure, Welsh, who do you like this week that you want to talk about that people need to put on their radars from the prospect pool?
Speaker 3: All right, I got a theme for this week's prospect with the Welsh because I am going to talk about players obviously that we have, we kind of know, and we've heard about. Because the idea of this is the impact players in the near future, and not all prospects just because they come up aren't necessarily impact. But here is the theme. These are Welsh guarantees. I'm going to put a guarantee next to each one of these guys. So let's kick it off with an obvious name, hashtag free James Wood. Always we're always hashtagging free James Wood because we need to get him back up by the majors. But he's been hurt, or get him to the majors. He's been hurt, but he is now back. In five games since returning from his injury. He's hitting three thirteen, so this is the month of June essentially got a homer and has two multi hit games.
Speaker 2: Because you're asking.
Speaker 3: Yourselves, Welsh, when will we see James Wood? Will we see James Wood? They also brought up Dylan Cruz. Is there anything that's holding him back? There's so much coverage of him because this is I think to some degrees, James Wood has taken over this junior Cameron Aro spot like I think he is more anticipated for James Wood.
Speaker 2: And I would remind everybody.
Speaker 3: In my previous segments before why we're re talking about him as he's back, is that Eddie Rosario is still hitting under two hundred. Why does that matter as much? The Nationals are three and a half games out of the wild card right now, crazy, they're.
Speaker 1: Quite a bit in their pleasion, and they're getting Ysia grayback soon too, and now they're addition to that.
Speaker 2: Rotation Josiah Gray.
Speaker 3: They're starting to get that, you know, that health back, and what would help is getting Eddie Rosario putting on the bench and bringing up a guy like James Wood, which I've mentioned he has.
Speaker 2: A great strikeout rate that is lower.
Speaker 3: That's been one of his biggest issues. He runs, he hits hard, and he has no split issues. Righty lefties are no problem with some of the swing changes that he's made. So all of that to be said, here's my guarantee. I guarantee James Wood will be up post All Star break, so much so I think there's a there's a chance that we get the announcement during the All Star weekend that James Wood will start with the team. So by the break of the All Star Break when once we return, James Wood will be up in the majors. That's a Welsh guarantee. Guarantees are not necessarily guarantees, and please don't hold him to it, and he might be wrong.
Speaker 2: All right, that was your.
Speaker 3: Disclaimer Number two, Orioles Kobe Mayo Again, I know you guys know these players, but Kobe Mayo was out. He has been back eleven games in June. Are you ready for this, Joe? He is hitting four sixty two in the month of June since he has returned from injury, which is ridiculous. He has three homers in those eleven games. Four of his last six games have been multi hit with Kobe Mayo.
Speaker 2: Now, they have so many.
Speaker 3: Great players, we know, I mean Heston Kershtott. I would have talked about probably about Heston Kurstatt. I have talked about David Festive. He guess what. We've talked about them and they're up. But Dad fest a twin. But I'm just talking about overall great prospects. But the Orioles have so many great players in general and offensively, it's tough. So here's my Kobe Mayo guarantee.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Kobe Mayo will not be traded. There is no circumstance where he will be traded from this team. No way, HOZI, It's not happening. Kobe Mayo will be an Oriole no matter what they do. We talked about this player, Davison de los Santos with Arizona Diamondbacks, who is.
Speaker 1: On the same roster. I'm very excited to hear this.
Speaker 2: Well, he's a monster.
Speaker 3: Just me and Tim Kannakaman calling him the destroyer of worlds at this point because he has been over two levels. He's hitting three forty eight on the season, double A and triple A, twenty three homers in June alone. It's all been in Reno PCL numbers. Get a little bit inflated.
Speaker 2: He's hitting three.
Speaker 3: Twenty nine with eight home runs this month, and by the way, he dropped two more last night. Johineo Swarez, as I've mentioned, he's hitting under two hundred on the year and in the month of June. Take a guess at what Johineo swar is. I think he might have just hit like a bomb the other day. What do you think Johinos wars is hitting so far in.
Speaker 1: June under two hundred. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Buck eighty one thirty four, one thirty four.
Speaker 3: So how much longer the Diamondbacks want to do that, I don't know. So I think Davison Dela Santos will be up by next week.
Speaker 2: But the Welsh.
Speaker 3: Guarantee Davison Dela Santos will be on the Diamondbacks roster post All Star Game. That is an absolute guarantee. If not sooner, two more, we got pitching ones. We're going back to the Orioles, Chase McDermott. They already brought Kid Povich up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: McDermott is the number one pitching prospect as far as what we think can help us in a redraft this year. Now that David Festa as we're recording. This is going today, three seven nine ERA on the year, leads Triple A in strikeouts, has the third highest swinging strike rate in Triple A at fourteen point one, and the best K percentage minus walk percentage, which is a great number to pay attention to it nineteen point four. He's had eight strikeouts in his last three starts, eight strikeouts in three of his last four starts. There's no reinforcements coming for the Orioles with all these injuries. So McDermott is like the next guy up if Suarez struggles or COVID struggles.
Speaker 2: But here's my guarantee. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 3: Joe Chase McDermott does get traded, he will be traded at the deadline because I fully believe that this team is going to make a move and this will be the guy at the forefront with probably a curse DoD And then finally I got an offbeat track one for you.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: We're going to Milwaukee Brewers starting pitcher Chad Patrick, who used to be in Arizona Diamondbacker's kind of a throwaway trade player to the Brewers.
Speaker 2: He's twenty five years old in Triple A two seven six ERA.
Speaker 3: Over his last twelve starts with the Brewers, he's got a twenty four percent k percentage, which is top ten in Triple A, the fourth highest swinging strike percentage in Triple A, and over his last four starts, he's not given up more than four hits in a start and has six or more k's in three or four starts. I guarantee Chad Patrick is going to be in the Brewer's rotation by August. Those are my guarantees. Guarantee is made, but a little I don't know if it'll work out. That's my disclaimer. I guarantees are not actual guarantees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, No, Well apply, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: So that's prospecting with the Welsh for this week on the impact prospects that you should be paying attention to.
Speaker 1: All right, let's pay attention a little three up and three down real quick. Dylan Cease, great start for him, nine K, seven innings, Francisco Alvars three for three with a bomb. Jared County three for five with a homer, three ribies too and a steal three down, Ryan Nelson six runs and three and two third, William Contras zero for five. His ops is now under eight hundred. He has been stone cold. Remember when he was at the top of that. He was like in number four five spole for MVP. Yeah, that did not last. Dallas Kickeel Welsh right on time, gave up five runs and four innings. There you go, Brewers, you need more than Dallas Kickeel. All right, let's fly through these injuries and get to the bets here. Joey Ortiz came out next issue. Lots of neck issues this year. JP Frantz season ending surgery on his right shoulder. Heimer Candelaria was out again yesterday with a hamstring tendonitis issue. Brian Bayo his next start is gonna be pushed back a little bit, so we'll keep an eye on that. Glaber Torres was complaining about growing tightness. We talked about that the other day. He was out of the lineup yesterday. Liam Hendricks a bunch of got a bunch of red Sox stuff here. Liam Hendricks, uh sort of fastballs from the mound, So that was good. Tristan costUS, remember Tristan Cossus. I almost forgot about him. We haven't talked about Justin Gossas in so long. He's working way back from rib cartilage injury. He swung a bat in a cage, no issues. That's great.
Speaker 2: The first pitch from the call her daddy, al something Cooper.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Do you have you ever heard that? All call her daddy? No, okay, you check it out. It seems like could be your stuff. I google that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Alice, say Alice Cooper. But it's not Alice Cooper.
Speaker 1: What is else?
Speaker 2: Cooper's like seventy six whatever her name is?
Speaker 1: You know his website? Call your daddy? What? What the hell is happening here?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: The reason I'm saying though, by the way, is Tristan Cossas looked absolutely starstruck by her, like he looked.
Speaker 2: In love at the mess.
Speaker 3: You gotta see the video of her throwing it. He's the one that catches it, and he looks Alex Cooper.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Someone put that not Alice, but he looks starstruck, and I just I was laughing watching Tristan Cossa's doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, Tristan coss her good friend of mine.
Speaker 1: Alex Cooper, Alex, Alex Cooper, you were close al Alice Cooper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, similar to birds on Parade.
Speaker 1: I don't I think I've seen her. I've seen like clips and stuff like that of her.
Speaker 3: But you gotta do the video search when you can get a chance, because yeah, it's like a comedy podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, so I will I will take a look at that. But he was just like, he's like Spencer Turnbull. Unfortunately, Uh, we can't have nice things. Came in, make the start, and then he left with shoulder soreness.
Speaker 2: I mean he's not he's not nice things, but I get your point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he was like, okay, guy of the Hey, maybe some spot starts for a good team the Phillies and no, not so much. Redebt Mers, redeat Mers start out ten guys. But he gave a five runs Tuesday triple a start d L Hall. Maybe the Brewers are waiting for him two and two thirds scorels innings. We'll see. Maybe you could pick him up. And Anthony Rendon says he's close to returning from the torn left hamsiing, but he doesn't want to go in a rehab assignment. He's too good for that. He doesn't want to do that. Oh, Anthony Rendon, you're so much fun. It's Thursday and we're coming off a hot Wednesday. It's time for.
Speaker 2: More best bets of Joe's Day with Joey p and the.
Speaker 1: Welsh go over to Bet three six five, bet five bucks. He had one hundred and fifty bonus bets when he used the promo code leading off. Remember gambling problem called one hundred gambler or one hundred bets off in Iowa. Terms and conditions apply. I want to stay hot here, I want to stay hot. I'm gonna go with this. Is in the afternoon, Chris Sale over seven and a half strikeouts against the White Sox again minus one fifteen on this juice. I still like it. White Sox, They're bad. Austin Riley has been really hot lately. I want to go to him too. In this same game, over one and a half total basis for him plus one oh five and over zero point five RBI at plus one thirty. That's what it opened at. H It's been fluctuating because it was still TVD. More on Austin Riley later in the show, but again the last fifteen games, the guy's been red hot. Finally healthy. Austin Riley great to see him back locked and loaded. And then let's go back to Baltimore again, because they were so nice to me yesterday. Cormyn Burns on the mound, give me Baltimore on the run line minus one and a half at plus one oh four against the Texas Rangers. That offense continues to struggle. Sime in another zero for yesterday. So those are my best bets of the day for Thursday, Welsh, what do you got?
Speaker 3: I am switching it up because I had a bad one yesterday, a real bad day. And and also I was like, let's dive in, and I dove in a little too far into the deep end. So we're going back into the kiddie pool, the shallow, just to the ankles. And what that means is props where I'm not touching a game line.
Speaker 2: Unless you look at.
Speaker 3: My betting pros dot Com slash well, you might see a game line or two, but here I will not talk about them. It is all props for me today. So we're gonna start with a couple of strikeout props. Chotto Emanaga will be back. We are gonna jump back into the Emanaga after that horrifically bad start. Is a better pitcher friendly environment.
Speaker 2: Probably.
Speaker 3: I mean, it might be better to go for a win with the Emaanaga because I think the home runs can be held. But Giants kind of a middling team as far as strikeouts go. Emanaga has had six or more and like two of the last three outside of that big blow up, so I like him to bounce back on the strikeout front. Five and a half over. Then we're going to your Orioles where you just talked about Corbyn Burns. We're gonna take the Corbyn Burns five and a half over. This is another one of those situations where six is on the books. Match up very doable here and Corbyn Burns five and a half. Now, I'm going to go into the total base market a little self deprecating actually, like quite a few players in this Arizona Diamondback Twins game.
Speaker 2: But give me royce Lewis. Now, I'm going to give you some stats here.
Speaker 3: When Royce Lewis total bases one and a half over is plus money at plus one ten. Now, he doesn't have a hit in his last three games, but Royce Lewis is hitting four hundred in day games so far this year, which I love that you know what. Yeah, no, I think it's four hundred there, and against lefties. I know that for a fact. He's hitting four hundred against lefties so far this year and is a good destroyer in day games. We get both of those against Jordan Montgomery, who stinks he's got over five era.
Speaker 2: He destroys lefties. So give me the total base.
Speaker 3: Over and then just one of the little I'm going a little hits parlay. I haven't done one of those in a while. Austin Riley was actually in my original version of the hits parlay. So for better or for worse that might be terrifying to you. I'm going Urban Carroll and one Soto to each record one hit, kind of picking on David fest a little bit plus plus one o four just one hit for Corbyn Carroll and one hit for one one so too, and that is plus one oh four.
Speaker 2: For those two. If you add Austin Riley, you can get around two to one if you would like. But I like to go with two. Those are my bets.
Speaker 3: Only props were resetting the table and we're getting back in the green.
Speaker 1: There you go, get back in the green in the black. Yeah, both of those things, well, you know black means good green.
Speaker 2: I think green makes more sense.
Speaker 1: An orange is the new black, or as he used to be. I don't know what color it is now, but those, my friends, are the best bets of the day for Thursday with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you go ahead and subscribe to the Betting Pros YouTube channel and download the bag Pros app s. Think your sportsbooks for free. Start betting smarter, not harder. All right, Welsh, yesterday I took your Gunner Henderson away from you? Did that kind of make you feel bad? Like you got a home run with Gunner Henderson? Like, yeah, I'm gonna do the same thing. Did that kind of rub you the wrong way?
Speaker 2: I was like, come on, kind of belittled your.
Speaker 1: Home run for the day before. I'm still hanging on by a thread though in this contest, So Welsh, I'm going with Austin Riley today. I'm just sticking with the theme where are you going for your home run? Call for today?
Speaker 3: Give me Kad Tell Marte we're gonna go with k I probably should go with Royce Lewis to pick on Jordan.
Speaker 1: Martine's had a great season. By the way, another season. I don't think we talked about enough this year.
Speaker 3: And I'll all start at second base. You know something I can throw to you guys as well. Joe and I are going to be doing a Fantasy All Star Team that we're gonna be putting out. We have exact details of all of it, but Fantasy All Star Team. Each of our teams will be doing right around the break and Ka tell Marte has got to be on there. He's the NL starting second baseman in the All Star Game and he has been.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, indeed awesome sauce. Yeah, awesome sauce. All Right, We're gonna head out so you can watch your day baseball, but we'll be back again tomorrow to do it all again for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Have a great Thursday. Peace.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB Caving Stone.
Speaker 2: I'll work for you, live Girving Stone,