Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kristin Davis, and I want to know are you a Charlotte? Hi? Everyone, thanks for joining us. We are here today to do a little short question and answer from fans, and my friend Easton is here to help me.
Speaker 2: Yay, did you hear that? Everybody? She said, friend Easton, I am a fan, but I am afraid pretty nice.
Speaker 1: He's also a producer and our sound guy and really knows everything. But he's very nice. And if I'm doing a podcast and I can't see him because of the light blocking, I'm just not sure if it's going well. He's like my you know, go to to see if he's smiling or not.
Speaker 2: I well, let me assure you I'm smiling ear to ear, and I'm going to continue to smile as we ask these questions here and now. These are sent in by fans, okay, and they're all anonymous, so okay, they might be these might be difficult questions.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I just want to warn you I did not screen these questions. Okay, go ahead, my chumps.
Speaker 2: Oh God, you've mentioned before that you'd love for Trey to come back on in just like that. Huh what would that look like?
Speaker 1: I have a lot of fantasies about this, you guys, and I don't know what it would actually look like, right, because the thing that's hard is that you know, I run into Kyle through the years, but Kyle is not Trey, right yea. So it's confusing because the Charlotte Tray storyline lives very much in my mind, but I haven't rewatched that part yet, and I don't know how rewatching is actually going to stack up to my memory of it. Right. I've seen little clips and things that that I think are fantastic, but I don't know about the ending, how I'm going to feel, because obviously I know the ending, but I don't know how I'm going to feel, right, Like, this is a terrible, terrible thing that I'm about to admit, and I don't actually know if this is true. I've never oh wait no, see, if I try to say things about my personal life, it's always a slippery slope. But what I was going to say is, I don't know that I Kristin would have given up on Trey in the way that Charlotte did. But I also have never been in a relationship like that without sex and or good sex. I can't even honestly remember exactly what happened in the Tray Charlotte relationship, which is interesting, right, but like a Zachtor's, you have like selective memory kind of, So I just know that there was so much joy in working with Kyle, right, And I don't know that I Kristin would have been like yeah, no, no to that guy because of the weirdnesses with his mom, and I don't even really know what happened. So in my mind, the thing that would be amazing to have Kyle back would be like if we ran into each other somewhere, not like a plan thing, because I think that would be weird for Charlotte to do because she is very loyal to Harry and they have such an incredible relationship. I do not think she would risk that relationship by seeking Trey out or anything like that, but like if they ran into each other and they could have kind of some closure because they do think And I can't remember if this ended up in the show or not, we had it in and just like that that Charlotte says that she has never spoken to Trey since they got divorced, but I don't know if that's in the show or if we just had it on the page right. So to me, that says there's unfinished business, because how could you be married to someone and never talk to them or whatever. I do know one person who says that that's true for them, But I always think every time he says this that he needs to go to therapy and deal with that. You know what I'm saying, That's what I think. So I just think that there could be like a sweet I would love it to be like a sweet kind of a meeting of like, you know, we really loved each other and it didn't work out, and we wish you well, and he could say I wish you well, and you know, we could see if he did get married and have kids. I would hope that he didn't because I think that'd be painful. But I don't know, and I haven't really talked to Michael about my fan fantasy of it. I know that what Kyle said to me in terms of his idea is that he wants it. What I took from what he said he wanted he said he wanted it to live up to our previous storyline. I don't know exactly what that means, but what I took it to mean, was that it needed to kind of be romantic in a way. But he wasn't saying he wanted me to cheat on Harry with him, because I don't think anyone wants that, but that it would be some kind of like loving closure. Maybe I don't know, Maybe we don't have time to do that in the new show. I don't know, but I have a fantasy of it.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll see that fantasy comes through more in just like that questions. I found this's really interesting. Charlotte is very traditional. Charlotte has very traditional values, and then you have Rock who is a non binary and kind of challenges a lot of those traditions. How do you think Charlotte reconciles having in childhood like that?
Speaker 1: What I think is this, I think yes, On the one hand, Charlotte is very traditional. Also think look at her friends, look at her life. She's not actually that traditional. She's just traditional within their lifestyle right. And also, as we have previously discussed, when you do tally up all the guys that everybody dated in the first show, Charlotte has the most guys. So on the one hand, she's traditional, but on the other hand, she's really open minded and kind of game, and she commits to everything she does, which I love about her. So I think I also think that being a mother is so incredibly important to her and being a good mother, because Charlotte wants to be good at everything she does. She's never just going to be like, oh, I'll be a fine mother, you know. She wants to be the mess mother, right, So whatever challenges the two children present to her, she's gonna try to figure out, which is definitely what I go through being a mother. You don't know what's going to happen, you know, week to week, year to year, they change, These kids change. It's crazy. So I think that the Rock situation definitely challenges Charlotte because she does have a fantasy of what she wants her life to look like. And I think for anybody when their kids aren't necessarily what they expected, they're going to have to rearrange themselves. But I also think that everyone loves their kids and that you realize, you know, my job here is to support this kid in who they are. And the thing that I love about the Rock character is that it's just who that kid is. It's not like a trend or an idea or I'm going to do this just to make your life difficult. There's none of that. That's just who that kid is. And this season of then, just like that, you're going to get to see Rock kind of settle in to who they are more and say some really so sweet and wise things to Charlotte. Like at one point they say, you know, mom, I'm going to try on a lot of different people. And Charlotte's like, oh, you know, because like for Charlotte, she's like, wait, I just got used to this one and now you're gonna change again. Oh my god. But that's you know, a lovable Charlotte quality. She's like, oh okay, oh my god. So in your head you can see that she's going like, oh my god. But she's not going to say that to Rock. She's like, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So I think it's great because Charlotte needs to be challenged, right, I mean, as we all do personally. I think it challenge is good. Keeps you alive, it keeps you fresh, it keeps you, you know, changing with the times. So and I also think if you look at Charlotte's friends, I mean, Mario was sorry, Anthony is one of her best friends, right, he's very very gay guy, right, so you know she's not like a close minded person, yeah, because that would be a bigger challenge than it is. But you know, I think for anyone who has a child who is trans or non binary, and I know people who have children that this is true for it's a period of adjustment and you have to do some research and you have to talk to some other people about what to do and how to make your child happy and feel at ease. And that's what's most important because unfortunately, you know, there's a high rate of you know, self harm and suicide in these kids. And I think that's the thing that gets forgotten about when people talk about what's perceived as a trend. I think the trend is just that we're talking about it, right. I don't think it's a new trend, but I think that we're discussing it in a more open way. And the worst thing that can possibly happen to you is for your child to kill themselves or try to kill themselves. So any parent who's going through this, at least the ones that I know, they're just trying to figure out how to best parent this child, What does this child need so that this child can be happy, and isn't that what we all want for our kids.
Speaker 2: I get emotional thinking about it because, like when the rock storyline happened, I saw Charlotte react to Charlie and Harry react with nothing but support and understanding, and I think about how many kids need that. Yeah, and just it's just great thing to see on TV.
Speaker 1: I'm clas thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm a straight white man, but this is really important.
Speaker 1: I think, thank you. I love doing it. I love that storyline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it really And now something with equal importance here. You have such shiny and thick hair when you're filming the show. What are your hair secrets?
Speaker 1: You know what my hair secret is. Her name is Rebecca Forecast. She does my hair. She's incredible. Just recently, this is the thing about Rebecca. I share Matine and Rebecca with Cynthia, so they Mattine does my makeup, Rebecca does my hair. And they had previously done Cynthia for like red carpet events, and I've known them for years because they've done Cynthia and they always do a tremendous job. Right, And when we were getting ready to come back to work, my original makeup person, well at least not original, but my makeup person that I most loved from the show, Nikki Liederman, was busy with some personal things and then also ended up being on the Gilded Age with Cynthia also, and we couldn't schedule with her though I really wanted her. And then my original, not my original, but my most loved hair person, Michael Kristen is his name, kind of confusing. He has retired. So I first went to them to try to get them back because we love our crew so much, and we tried to get all the people we could get back, but you know, different things have happened in people's lives. So Cynthia went to her original hair and makeup. They were available. So then she was like, what about Metteina Rebecca because it was the middle of COVID, So Mattina and Rebecca were print and red carpet type. They were not in the Union, right, So there's like the union hair and makeup people, and then the like red carpet magazine type people, right, and Mattina and Rebecca were over here. But with COVID, there was no work like people were. It was dire. It was it was a situation that was scary for New York especially La also, but like that whole industry just had nothing to do for you know, a significant amount of time, like over a year. It was really bad. So Cynthia said, you know, do you want to use Mattina Rebecca? And I was like, could I use Matina Rebecca because I love them as people so much and they're so incredibly talented, and she said yes, that would be incredible. So I get Mattina Rebecca for the show, and Rebecca sometimes also does my press stuff and Rebecca is a genius. And just to be fully full disclosure, sometimes I have extra hair on my head, okay, people, So I don't want you to think it's all my hair. I mean this today is all my hair that I did myself. So I do have good hair and I'm very thankful for it. And I use Also, while we're at it, my colorist has an incredible product for hair growth. It's called Highbrow Hippie. That's her company, and she made this hair growth serum. It's water based. I use it. I love it. My hair has grown and cotton thicker. It works. It's incredible. So I have incredible people who take care of my hair. And I'm very thankful and I credit them all. So Katie Lee does my color. She's in highbrow hippie, and then Rebecca Forecast does my hair on the show and sometimes adds hair, sometimes doesn't. Full disclosure.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, you know you're gonna get real when you listen to Christin Davis.
Speaker 1: You be real? Right? Isn't that the point of the podcast? Why don't you think?
Speaker 2: Why do you add otherwise? Totally? This is an interesting question. What are your thoughts on letting the guy stroke Charlotte's feet to get free shoes.
Speaker 1: I thought that was super weird, but you know, it's really funny, really really funny about it. With the social media now, there's like a whole foot thing that I only know what tiny bit about, and I don't really want to know more. But when I have people filming me for different social media things, they'll be like, we're going to cut your feet out because we don't want to put your feet on, And I'm like, that's so weird. The feet and the shoes are part of the outfit, but they don't want to feed into the foot thing. I guess it's a thing. It's a real passion fan apparently it's a passionate, passionate fan base, which is trippy. Okay, I thought that whole storyline was like slightly difficult to film and awkward feeling, but that's how it fell for Charlotte also, So there you go. But would I do it? No, I would not do it. If that's what you're asking me, I would not do that.
Speaker 2: Now, this is a question I've seen come up often. Did you and Chris not ever date?
Speaker 1: No? No, we did not. But there's this picture that I understand. I felly understand why why why people would think that I am licking his face? And you know, this is the main thing I want to say. If I was dating someone, I would not lick their face on the red carpet, right Like for me, you know, there's like a separation of church and state, right, So if you're dating somebody, you don't go around with them. I mean I have made a mistake occasionally of going around with people. Always regretted it, always regretted being on a red carpet. I can only think of once that I was actually on a red carpet with someone I was dating, and the relationship ended very soon. It was very soon over right, it's too much weird pressure to do it right. So my general theory of the whole time that I've been in the public eye or whatever is been don't take the people that you're actually involved with out with you to events, right, because that's work you're working. You don't necessarily want to parade them around. So that particular event, I, for whatever crazy insane reason I'm licking Chris No's face is the MTV Movie Awards want to say, and I want to say, is the year two thousand something like that, and Sir Jessica it's either two and two thousand and one. Sir Jessica's hosting it. So we were there to support Sir Jessica. And it was a lot of young people, okay, and DiAngelo, for anyone who's my age will remember, performed that night and it was incredible and there was fire and DiAngelo was there, but also in Sync was there. But they were doing their puppet show like this, like do you remember their puppet dance that they should do like they were like little children, right, And it was a very long and hot evening in Santa Monica somewhere. And I believe that I was dating someone who is actually there, though obviously not in the picture where I'm licking Chris's face for whatever stupid reason. But it's one of those things that you're like, I had an embarrassing moment and now it lives on and it's really mortifying and I can't explain it really except to say there was a lot of young energy, So I understand why people think that, but no, I never did, and it's just kind of embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for clearing that up.
Speaker 1: Sure, thank you forres We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Let's close with one more. Yeah, what is something that you like to splurge on you personally?
Speaker 1: And Kristin Davis, Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: You know, we get our own clothes, and we get our shoes. So I have more shoes than any human being ever needs, ever in their life, and I literally have nowhere to put them. But one thing we don't get is handbags. You guys, it's so painful. We have to give them all back because we borrow them. We ask for them, we beg for them, we plead for them. So my big thing, and I'm staring at my Chanelle right now, my big thing that splurge on is Chanel, and we were just in Paris promoting the show. I really really really wanted to go to the Chanel store, but I'm trying to save money, which I know sounds crazy, but I'm a single mother of two, and we don't know when we're going back to work. The show has not been picked up yet. It's like kind of nail biting for me. I feel like we're going to go back to work, but until you know, as an actor, you can't be spending that money, right And Chanel, the price is they just keep going up, so I have to spend you know, money on my kids tuition and stuff right, like, like life is expensive. So I didn't go to Chanel the whole time I was in Paris. And then I get back here and I checked the price on the bag and it's twice as much here as it was there, and I'm like dart it. So that's the thing. But I really try to behave myself. But it's hard. Okay, it's hard.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Charlotte carries so much Chanel and it just spoils me. Just bad, just bad. It's like a terrible thing. But I mean, don't we all want to splurge on Chanel. I don't know, Yes, I do. It's tough, do you?
Speaker 2: Yes? Really, well, I'm gonna put my one. I have a little Gucci money clip like that, and so I understand it.
Speaker 1: I get it. I have a little Gucci like little mini wallet too. I think it's at home. It has to be on it. The bee Be's cute.
Speaker 2: It be is cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, but I got that on the real reel, so it wasn't a terrible to slurge.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for being so vulnerable and open, and.
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking Easton and whoever else sent in these questions. Thanks guys, it's always fun to get questions. It's super interesting what you guys send in. All right, I guess that's it. Thanks for listening and potentially watching. I think we're on YouTube at some point everything will end up there. It's not quite there yet, but it's coming all right. Thanks you guys, have a great day. Bye.