Speaker 1: All right, we are black. We are black?
Speaker 2: Well we are.
Speaker 1: This is why Tiffy does the segways.
Speaker 2: Because I am so bad to no. I agree.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to read this behemoth of a message or what? What? What are we trying to do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, because you're gonna like and like.
Speaker 3: And the Many is such a journalist that, like me, I'm gonna rework for words Many like like her, her eye is like two steps ahead, and her mind is like like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know how you do it, but I'm like, damn, she's good.
Speaker 3: I'm like the boy is good and fast he can't and then it's like the boy runs, okay, he runs like.
Speaker 4: If it's not how you wrote it, it's because I listen, we got to edit live.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, man, you got it.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: The one thing I will say is Planar Patty at least is self aware because she gave her this anonymous nickname pseudonym for this purpose. Planar Patty says, I am writing to get both of your feedback. My husband and I currently both work full time. He makes roughly ninety K. I make eighty five K. We're both thirty one. You guys are going to hear all of her plans. Okay, let's just go through the plans right now. We're renting out our master bedroom on Airbnb. We live in the remainder of our house. This lets us bring in an extra ten k each year after taxes. We're currently trying to build house number two that we also want to rent out for extra income so we can bring more.
Speaker 1: Money in in.
Speaker 4: We have six months of our expenses save so far, but we don't have a lot in retirement, just over fifty k and our two four to one ks combined because we've spent most of the money on building our first house and now the second. Our family plan is that we want to have three children back to back once we turn thirty three and be completed by thirty eight. By age thirty eight, as well as start our own design business at Design Build Business. At the same time. I'm an architect, so we want to essentially develop my designs and sell houses plans, et cetera. I've been using our own house and the next one as proof and first trials. The reason we want to do this is because we both hate our jobs and the amount of restriction they come with, and we hope to be able to transition to doing life on our own terms. Is there any advice y'all have as we embark on executing this plan? Nandy, you have a husband with children starting your own business is really inspiring to me and Tiffany you are this kind open, insightful black woman business owner who has goals for me. Any advice y'all have? Whoo, planner, Patty, let's get into it. TIF.
Speaker 3: So first reaction, well, first reaction, I'm just like reading the words of it, like okay.
Speaker 2: My first reaction is that kudos.
Speaker 3: To you for being clear right about the desired outcome for your life.
Speaker 2: That's one thing if you listened to with that. But so earlier this week with Rachel Rogers, she said, say the thing and the fact that this planet, Patty, you have said the thing. I own my own business with my I want three kids. I want honestly, that's what you're supposed to do. So kudos to you.
Speaker 3: So one of the things I've learned, just as a business owner just life in general, is that it is important to have a framework but.
Speaker 2: With a lot of flexibility.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, the part that struck me the most with the little Giggle is the three kids between ages thirty three and thirty eight, because I don't want to say a giggle, like a nervous giggle because as someone who tried to have like kids for like four years straight, ibf all the things and was not able to give birth to my own children because fertility was something I did not know that I was going to have an issue with. So the nervous giggle is the the framework says I'd like to start a family, but the flexibility says, you don't know what could happen in that pursuit of starting. You might have you might have one kid and then have triplets the next so now you have four.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like you might, you might, you know, you might. I'm just saying you know, or you might have trouble, or you might not.
Speaker 3: There's just especially with fertility, it is just a there's no way to know for sure. So that part is like and then also, I mean, Mandy's gonna speak to this. I'm like three kids back to back and starting a business during the same time. I'm go an pass the baton of Mandy because she's like, girl, hey, b a fan, We're gonna take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you started out the way that you did, because it's true. We do encourage y'all to have plans, Yes, because I think you do want to design your life and it's great. I mean, honestly, I want a third kid. Have I said that out loud? The hormones with remy rue have just been really strong. My body is like make more, and it's I'm like, I'm trying to parse out what is just you know, evolution ensuring the continuation of the human race and my own personal desire.
Speaker 1: Yes, because I'm not.
Speaker 4: Clear on it and I refuse to act on it until I am clear on it. But so far evolutions winning. But yeah, so, but I never would have imagined myself wanting the three and and you know I would just to what Tiffany said, I think when it comes to the children's part, having the kid's part, I would answer your question differently if you already had one or two.
Speaker 1: But like you don't know yet.
Speaker 4: How having a child, just one, let alone three will impact your personal life, your relationship, your the way that you approach your business. Now, what I love about your question is how you're setting yourself up to welcome children and not have to also be hustling and starting. You know, I wasn't necessarily, you know, starting a business from super scratch after I had a kid. You know, a lot of this. I was building the foundation of my business before I even knew it, with brown ambition and you know, my journalism career and all of that. But you do have like you're setting yourself up to be in a position where it's not such a huge leap. You have the skills, you're working as an architect now right, it's not such a huge leap to say, you know, you'll have your business later on. But and you go on to your question. I didn't read all of it, but talking about how the nine to five grind is just not what you guys want, and I think having kids will only make that even more apparent, because it is really hard to even haven't there's no such thing. I don't think as a nine to five when you have kids, because they will just wreck with your They just play with your schedule like it's a bouncy ball and be like, hmm, you thought this is how your day is going to shake out. Nope, you got to leave work early, or nope, you're gonna get there late because I'm going to have a tantrum on the way to the car and throw my shoes and the ditch and they're going to whatever, like they'll be something. But I would say, if you are a planner, start therapy now because the one thing that you're going to have to And I'm not saying I don't mean to be like I don't want to be Patrick or I'm not saying this like I'm literally saying I'm genuine about this. You'll need someone to help you, like help you find peace with the picture as it ends up versus the picture that you have in your mind right now. And it's not saying that you can't have this incredible life that you want with three kids and the home and all that that's incredible. You can for sure do that, but along the way your journey, like mentally, like that's what I want you to take care of, and just make sure that that you're thriving and you're not just like focusing on this goal that you have in the distance and making that the thing that you kind of like measure yourself against always and be open to how that vision may change. After one kid, after two, after three, whatever, and just be yeah, kind to yourself. But as you have this vision of your life that you want to right now, it sounds like you're taking the steps to make it happen. And that is wonderful and that is great, and I feel like, dang, maybe I should start figuring out how to get to a place where I can have another one if I really want that. But at least for right now, just know that there is space for you to make a change later on if you want to. But as long as it's feeling good and you guys are happy and your husband's on board, you didn't mention if you want.
Speaker 1: Hey be a fan. We're going to take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Well, can I let me ask you a question, Mandy.
Speaker 3: So, one of the things the planning Patty said is that she wanted to have the kids and start the design firm at the at the same time. Like, I know you, you know, so, I know you said that you kind of like pre started because we had brown ambition. And so is your suggestion that maybe before starting to have the kids, consider like some some more seeding into the business or have the kids first, like what like like where would you suggest like based upon your experience, I was everybody's different.
Speaker 4: No thanks, because when I'm reading the questions sometimes it's hard to like hear it at the same time. But you're right at the same time. I well the fact that you're using She says, she's using the house she has now in the second house as like a trial house to show proof, so she could have as much as you. I just don't want you to think, and definitely don't think this that after you have the kid and you have maternity leave, which you know your job will sponsor you for I'm assuming that you'll have all this time to make your business and post the content to get the start your funnel and your email.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 4: You will so not you will have something like time, but it's not going to be like whole brain time. I would encourage at least, and I'll just say it for myself, if I could do anything differently, I would have done so much more work before I had and I was working. But I would have done a lot more, put a lot more into the businesses that I had and could have had before kids, just because that one hundred percent of my brain that just doesn't exist anymore. I'll ever really get time with I maybe get little moments and glimmers of focused work, but you don't get that when you after you have kids, and sometimes you don't want to because it's so fun if you enjoy it.
Speaker 1: It's fun having kids. I want to go to the zoo.
Speaker 2: And I remember Mom told me that.
Speaker 3: She was like, that was one of because you know, my mom has five and one of the pieces of advice she gave to all her girls was try to finish your education if possible before children, meaning like whatever these kind of essentially she's saying, like whatever those kind of like dream goal thing, not that you stop it, but to get the hardest parts out of the way, she said, because you know, children take up a lot of time and space, but not in a bad way. It's like, you know, to your point, she's like, you know, you know, you guys were great, but I realized that, like literally, she was taking her nursing final when her water broke.
Speaker 2: With me, I don't know how that lady did it.
Speaker 3: And so she's just like it it's really hard, like you know, to be doing all the practical and all this other stuff and you've got a newborn at home and a two year old, and so she's just like, you know, knowing what I know now, I would have tried to get the harder parts of the whatever growth development. I mean, obviously you go your whole life out of the way first when you really can't spend one hundred percent. So I mean, I can't speak from experience in that place, but I can just say just from hearing from the moms around me. And now you've heard from Mandy that you know, maybe leaning it a little more into the business part now, getting something a little bit more established, to be like, oh okay, okay, So that way when the baby comes, you know, God willing that you know you have you have a little more established, so you're not trying to establish both at the same time, a.
Speaker 2: Family and a business.
Speaker 3: Not that it's impossible, but certainly it'll likely be more challenging.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's something your body will change or you're assuming you'll have am like not a normal but a conventional healthy pregnancy. It'll all go to plan And yeah, you can plan a business, but you can't plan I don't think anything at pregnancy and beyond. But I think if you're a planner, Patty, I would just get your fix for all the dots being connected from your business and from that, because it is so satisfying when you're like, if I do this, then I make that, and it all kind of links together. Kids ain't like that. So do all that now while you can, and really relish it and set yourself up so that when you have kids, your business is kind of like moving and grooving and you're not having to you know, build the canoe while you're paddling.
Speaker 2: Or with a baby arms.
Speaker 1: You won't drown.
Speaker 2: You and that baby's don't float like heard about you.
Speaker 3: Like not.
Speaker 1: Like baby Moses in a basket?
Speaker 4: Is that how Moses got to be? I don't have the biblical story anyway. Thank you for your question, playing your patty, and I hope that well, first you've inspired. I hope a lot of people would just like get the shit done. Yes, but all I'll say is send me, send us a follow up when you're thirty three and a half or whatever, thirty four, Yes, let us know how that goes.
Speaker 2: Framework with lots of flexibility. So yeah, we wish you well do all right, Well, that is the show.
Speaker 1: Sorry manager, next day, next pet what no, no?
Speaker 2: I said? Sorry I cut you off.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, I cut you off.
Speaker 1: Thanks, y'all buy you
Speaker 3: Just like that.