Speaker 1: Of Course Love Supreme is a production of iHeartRadio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora.
Speaker 2: What Up It's Unpaid Bill. Check out this QLs classic with the small X cooking show stars Jazz, Jake Journey and Duffy Small talk about growing up Nomad, how they work through ziping Riffley and their cookbook The Family Table. It's a QLs classic with the Smalls. From May twenty third, twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Supremo Sun Supremo, Roll Call Suprema su su Suprema, Roll Call Suprema sub Sun Supremo, Roll Call Suprema su.
Speaker 4: Su Sure, Okay, I'll played nice. Yeah. The smallest are my friends. Yeah, I just want to mill Yeah before Rob Bream roll he Rode Rod. My name is Fante. Yeah, and I can't call it Yeah, Zipping on this rock Yeah, with all the smilet.
Speaker 3: S Supreme roll Suprema Sure.
Speaker 5: Role we are Yeah family Yeah, I got all Yeah, my small twit me.
Speaker 6: Roll Suprema sure Rod paid bill Yeah, and as far as I can see, Yeah, Tonight's show. Yeah, redefined, simply Rivalry, sup On so sup Road, Wishing on the Moon. Yeah, climbing up a ladder yeah, just remember love trying is true. Yeah, I was watching over he.
Speaker 4: Supremo roll God, I need some dream Supremo roll like yeah, I'm super excited. Yeah, I'm like black Panther. Yeah, all light scans invited.
Speaker 3: Oh, Supremo, Suprema roll Supremo, Suprema roll came.
Speaker 7: My name is.
Speaker 8: The first time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Supremo role called Jesse c R Supremo roll call.
Speaker 4: Name is Jesse.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm the bab Yeah, I'm sitting here, Yeah at the family table.
Speaker 4: Rome Supreme right down, Supremo roll come.
Speaker 11: My name is Yeah, I'm not gonna I'm here is here?
Speaker 4: Yeah and he peels the gun. Roll my name is.
Speaker 7: My name is Jake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hate to bake, but I will take. Yeah. I hit of that ring. Are you gonna be to Jo too?
Speaker 12: Writer?
Speaker 4: Verson is the ship? Yeah yeah if you joke? Yeah should My name is Journey.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like to make some soup. Yeah for Donald Trump? Yeah you filled with hunters. Supremo Suprema.
Speaker 8: Can we do that again?
Speaker 13: That was the most epic. It was like I'm out of breath. Yeah, how long did it? It was like three and a half minutes. That's like my mind it's like an actual pop song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three and a half.
Speaker 13: We're gonna put that on, Yeah, put it on that. We're gonna put that up on the digital media service seth what happened, bro?
Speaker 8: I know it came in too fast to beat. That had a great bit too, but you guys couldn't even hear. But it was really hilarious.
Speaker 4: Okay, the music was problems. You're trying to think about it, and then y'all be like suprema that you don't have time to think about it, and then this's the pointing at you. You got to block out the bullshit.
Speaker 14: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to an episode another episode of Coest Love Supreme.
Speaker 15: I guess this is the rogue episode because I see.
Speaker 4: That from the Christ.
Speaker 14: We would like to I never thought this day would happen where I would have all the shout out to Jockey who's not here. Sorry, But ladies and gentlemen, we have the entire Smalltt clan here, including Joe. I didn't even think Jojo would would would be here. But we have just Smallett, Jass Smallett, Jake Smallett, Jojo Smalltt, Journey Smalltt. We got everybody but Tito, He's welcome, Seth, Seth small you know, really small. Yeah, you know anyway, welcome to the smallest to Yeah, what a joy all this love that you give us. We just want to give right back.
Speaker 16: The full house.
Speaker 4: Let's let's pay the bills.
Speaker 14: You guys are here as a family to promote your uh, your book hopefully one of many called the family table, which you said for nomad what's what's.
Speaker 11: The recipes and moments from a nomadic life?
Speaker 15: Explain that to me because I know that you guys have been through everything.
Speaker 17: So in the book there are recipes one hundred and thirty and then there are also memories and moments around.
Speaker 11: That's ef it's around nomadic life. Nomadic means.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we've moved like back and forth across the country over thirteen times.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 17: Back car expensive, No, it's expensive. If we would have flown and back in the day way back, pan am was expensive.
Speaker 11: No, No, that was when I was I don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 10: Yeah, light still they were still going in like nineteen ninety a movie airplane.
Speaker 19: Yeah, but don't forget we moved a lot in it in one city too. We did a lot of regional moves. Yeah, we did on one one decade. It was like five years in a row. We had the Summer Classics, so we moved.
Speaker 4: You know what's the city, Yeah, moving around some LA. You know, Diamond Bar, you know, big ups of Diamond Bar is as far as.
Speaker 14: You know to a bunch of East Coaster l A is like Okay, there's Hollywood and then there's everything else.
Speaker 17: Yes, but the nomadic life was really about that we moved on, yeah, and that we you know, we experienced so many different cultural aspects of the country. We also have so many cultural backgrounds that we either participate in or have in our family lineage that we celebrate. And a lot of that is based around food.
Speaker 4: All of it's based around where were you born.
Speaker 17: Most of us were born in New York, New York Hospital, in Queens. They were living in Left Rock City when Jodo was born in Washington Heights.
Speaker 4: When I was born.
Speaker 11: Back in the day in Washington Heights.
Speaker 4: So I'm rich.
Speaker 11: I was born in the eighties.
Speaker 4: But I just made it.
Speaker 7: Old the old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you both.
Speaker 15: I we can't hear this slack.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry. I was born in nineteen eighty, so I mean not left right. That is not his pling.
Speaker 4: I love it. Yeah, well, because you're still don't say you got to say because I'm still twenty seven ninety two, you know, Okay, I thought you affect you. No, no jokes. I'm older than you, so that's why he's making you. This is the first one.
Speaker 7: Time that's wrong. That's wrong.
Speaker 15: Okay, you're right. I don't want to talk about age, you and me.
Speaker 4: I'm doing that this black woman.
Speaker 18: I can't wait, not discussing woman's age. You don't want to discuss it.
Speaker 4: No, I had to call this is the first time. This is the first time.
Speaker 11: Johnny aspired.
Speaker 4: He said someone in.
Speaker 14: Her flock that she can say like, okay, I late, and I was like reminding her that, you know, according to our audience.
Speaker 4: I am much younger.
Speaker 15: You were three years old when Illmatic came out. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Here you go, I don't know.
Speaker 7: We just lost like, yeah, she's old as fun, just like we're not going to discuss.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean to interrupt jazz. You were giving us the secession of how nomadic and then in.
Speaker 17: The order of how you guys ate and then Jesse. He was born in Sonoma County, so northern California. Jake and Journey were both born in New York. We were living in Elmer, Queens. We weren't in Queens when you were, Yeah, in Elmhurst, Queens. And then Jockey was born in Santa Monica Hospital, but we were living in Woodland Hills.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Woodland Hills historian.
Speaker 14: I have nothing w a you know, uh so what prompted for our viewers that might not know viewers listeners everyone.
Speaker 4: Waiting to get you for.
Speaker 14: For our listeners that are you know, unaware? What prompted the move to the West Coast on the run selling drugs?
Speaker 7: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Oh so y'all went back and forth to but the first time.
Speaker 10: We went to l A are we talking about the time that we waste time that we went from the Bay.
Speaker 7: Area to New York?
Speaker 19: Or the time a lot of New York, A lot of it was a lot of it was like career opportunities. You know, I followed his job, he got relocated.
Speaker 7: And things like that.
Speaker 19: You know, so acting didn't start first, no, no, no acting later and then later and you know what I mean, we were we were doing pretty well out here actually, as as Toddler's. We are not Toddlers, y'all were Toddler's. I was a tight because I'm proud of my age. I'm scared, but right, that's right.
Speaker 4: Decades.
Speaker 19: But but I think the cool thing about being nomad, you know, through history, it's like you adapt, You learn to adapt a lot better, You learn to you know, become an amalgamation of all the different peoples and cultures that you come into contact with, and you begin to incorporate it into your being and into who you are, you know what I mean. I think that's one of the things that makes us unique as a family and as people that that nomadic experience was very enlightening for us in a lot of ways, and it is a very big part of who we are today.
Speaker 15: Is it hard?
Speaker 10: But we black first? I'm just saying, make this shit clear. We know nomadic motherfucking life the.
Speaker 15: Episode ever.
Speaker 4: Every time? Do you have to play it anyway?
Speaker 9: But is it?
Speaker 14: Is it hard once once a move is prompted? Is it hard resetting? As far as friends are concerned?
Speaker 4: Or haven't we didn't you guys, we didn't have anything. We didn't have friends, friends, serious, you.
Speaker 15: Know what I mean?
Speaker 19: And maybe The first couple of moves was a little difficult, but after a while you get used to it.
Speaker 14: So once you move, it was like you weren't going to see it was across the street to play baseball.
Speaker 4: No, we did. We did.
Speaker 11: Motherfucker stopped getting jazz drink.
Speaker 15: Started already.
Speaker 10: Okay, let me tell you how gangs the jazz is back in rod A Park up in the area.
Speaker 4: Motherfucking Shannon steal.
Speaker 10: Play yo girls and then she would push me jazz Shannon up.
Speaker 20: Shannon pushed my brother, really she did. Oh so you guys had that like, yeah, definitely. So that means like between.
Speaker 15: Jockie Jake and just like y'all were protected because y'all.
Speaker 10: Knew, like like do people know not to funk with y'all know they still mess with us because we were also you know, our own individuals.
Speaker 4: Them different definitely getting hippie.
Speaker 10: And the whole thing was it, if we started a fight, we get in trouble. If we finished the fight, I swear to you, we'd get a toy.
Speaker 4: That's great. One of them like don't even come home until you fight until you beat up.
Speaker 10: If they started, I'm gonna finish it. Finished, man, We got many of you know what I'm saying, finish bitch ass. George found that ship out right right now to all right, started all I yeah, don't go back to the neighbor.
Speaker 14: She she literally like pretty reaking what they call him, Like you're just waiting for I gotta ship.
Speaker 4: Hasn't just on enemies on the enemies.
Speaker 14: Looking on Facebook and Twitter, like, yo, you remember me from no no no no no, Yeah, I remember, yeah, I remember you my fourth grade bully.
Speaker 11: She hit me up on Facebook a couple of years she told me to add her.
Speaker 4: I did. I didn't real bad she told me to so she she still got that abusive effect on her. Though her name was Shanta Shante, not more her mother.
Speaker 17: Her mother worked at a prison and you know, bless Chante. Though I'm not gonna talk about her. We were in the fourth and sixth grade.
Speaker 4: Who was in sixth grade?
Speaker 17: Who was in four She was okay that in sixth grade? We definitely she was in sixth grade. Yeah, but we definitely went toe to toe.
Speaker 11: And if you're out there right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, George, that want to be.
Speaker 10: One of the pitch nigga, Jason talk to Meghan Hagen's at the mother fucking party.
Speaker 14: Wait a minute out, I got a real question. How do you how do you guys settle your own fights?
Speaker 4: Like that? Don't give me that we were talking. How do y'all settle?
Speaker 18: But we're not We're not like we have each other. We cannot ever like not have each other.
Speaker 15: So when you're eleven, it wasn't out.
Speaker 11: No, I used to I used to, definitely, she used.
Speaker 4: To beat Jesse's ass. Shut up. Wait, let's be.
Speaker 21: Clean life right now, just like just have Jesse in the corner and box on his as. I used to beat him because you love him.
Speaker 17: If if if mom if Mommy would leave, if they would both leave, okay? And I was in charge because he was upstairs playing his guitar, right okay, I'm second. Is an episode of Joe.
Speaker 11: He's supposed to do the dishes.
Speaker 4: I just want to get a meal, that's all, y'all. Somebody might need to wait for a second.
Speaker 15: Is anyone from Harper Collins? I want to make sure that sponsorship. No, But I'm saying, like, how do you how do you guys handle conflict at home? Because that's that's not.
Speaker 4: Honestly as adults journey Like, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 18: Honestly, you know, I don't really have conflict with my siblings because I'm so incredible.
Speaker 11: As a person that everyone gets along with me, which is really true, but they handle it.
Speaker 18: No, no, no, I mean I feel like none of us can be mad at each other for too long. I mean, we definitely have like disagreements, and we have like our tense moments, and we get in arguments, not in the sense of like, oh we ever take it to a certain level, but it just.
Speaker 4: Doesn't last very long.
Speaker 18: And I think because growing up, Mommy, you know, really raised us with a certain level of conflict, conflict resolution, and she had zero tolerance for it, like zero tolerance for us fighting or arguing, and like she would make us hug each other if we were in an argument and like kiss on each other. She'd be like, go kiss your brother right now, you know. And so I think over time, we just learned to talk it out, and we do a lot of talking. We will debate each other now that we will do. We will debate each other until four o'clock in the morning, and it will get exhausting.
Speaker 14: But do you have like a particular is the father of this situation, and he don't take no mess like position is.
Speaker 4: Jojo is journey. Don't get on the fucking plane please, jo Joy Journey. Please don't go to Bosnia journey, Like why are you doing promotional stuff in Bosnia right now? That's the thing I would say.
Speaker 18: He's just, He's just he's definitely very very parental in the sense like he's so concerned for our saying.
Speaker 19: I think a lot of oldest, oldest kids and families, and especially large families, have a tendency to be, you know, a little bit you know, concerned. You know, we carry I don't say we carry as much concern as the parents, but we do carry a lot of concern because we've given a lot of you know, custodial responsibility growing up, you know, raising and not raising them directly, but you know, watch your sister, or watch your brother, or watch you know, things like that.
Speaker 18: Jojo will be the first to text all of us in a group text letting us know that the Romaine let us have some Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotta let everybody over there.
Speaker 22: Story.
Speaker 19: But you know, being aware is good news. You know, being aware is being prepared, and being prepared is you know, keep you sack. That's what I feel right you know, and you know, touching on that issue of confrontation. You know, our parents one of the things, if you hear what Jesse was saying about, our parents were kind of like hippies, but they also taught us not to take crap. They was like, hwa hippies with attitude.
Speaker 4: You know. They was kind of like, you know, you can't let people step on you. And we're good people.
Speaker 19: We know we're good people, so we always will love the good people, will always be cool with the good people.
Speaker 4: And our families like that, our brothers and sisters we own.
Speaker 19: They're good people. They got our back. They're not against us. Somebody steps against you, it's a little different, you know what I mean. And that's the thing because if you if you're a righteous person trying to be good to other people like our parents taught us to be, then you know you're gonna get a little angry at when someone's not being that way and reciprocating that to you.
Speaker 4: So can y'all tell us about your parents and the kind of people that.
Speaker 19: They were super cool people, like really really cool people of the earth, you know what I mean, people who love all people kind of like share this, like you know universe, Yes, universal understanding about things like would.
Speaker 18: Make Jesse just Mommy made Jesse one year take his off in the middle of winter to give it to a homeless man.
Speaker 4: That was normal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I love that jacket.
Speaker 4: It was eighty nine dollars at the gap and I loved it. And she giving me a jacket as they give him my what giving?
Speaker 14: I was going to say that you're you're mom got you guys, uh, sort of in the political game super early they met, though, you guys were off of me because I'm not saying I would have been politically indifferent, but I was definitely like one of those people.
Speaker 15: It was just like what, Yeah, I wasn't knocking on doors and driving people.
Speaker 4: You forced me to do my first Yeah, we want to come.
Speaker 17: I remember that first night when we thought we thought it was supery.
Speaker 11: We were meeting in a diner.
Speaker 18: Amir took you and I to a diner and Cringehaffner and he you still have a picture of us or you sent me a picture of us just looking.
Speaker 4: So we were pressed.
Speaker 18: To Hillary and we had been like we thought it was a bunch of like door knocking and phone banking all day long.
Speaker 4: And really thought we had it in the bag, you.
Speaker 18: Know, especially California, and he lost it to Hillary Clinton and we were depressed.
Speaker 15: We were But when did you guys first, because that wasn't the first time, you guys.
Speaker 18: Know, that has always been we were on the street corner for Bill Clinton, Bill Clint.
Speaker 4: That was always four five Ye, some of them were true. You know, I was twelve, I was twelve, you know, understood what she was there for.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it was it was yeah, it was like that was a awakening because my parents had always heard him talking politics in the house and you know, I'm a old enough to remember all of most of the eighties actually, and you know, yeah, it was just eighty my whole life, you know, until until ninety two, it was just this right wing, hardcore right wing Reagan Bush, you know, presidencies.
Speaker 4: And then Bill Clinton became president.
Speaker 19: I was like, wow, Democrat actually won and I started getting really interested in it that in ninety two.
Speaker 18: And you know it, uh, but that's how they met. They met in the movement in the seventies. Mommy was a president of the Young Workers League.
Speaker 4: Where where did me New York? Oakland?
Speaker 11: Actually Okland?
Speaker 20: Ye?
Speaker 15: No, man, they've been.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Mommy moved from New Orleans to Oakland and dad moved from New York to become a boxer in San fran And that's how they met, working in the movement.
Speaker 15: Wait, what a class was he?
Speaker 4: He never became a boxer.
Speaker 18: I don't know he wanted to be a boxer, but yeah, no, But like growing up, you know, they met they worked in the movement in the seventies with Angela Davis. So growing up we would hear stories about mommy attending press conferences and watching Angela, you know, speak in several different languages. Mommy would tell us stories about Maya Angelou teaching her how to swim.
Speaker 17: You know, like she always talks about being in the car when the cops pulled them over and her and Angela Davis and a few other people, and she was how much confidence she was talking to the police officers with and talking about how she knew her rights and everything. And that was always a big impression on our mom. And she told us these stories since we were little, little we always knew about social justice and political issues. This was something that was constantly talked about, essentially at the family table. Yeah, which is why we wrote a book called the family table.
Speaker 4: So whose idea was it to craft this book Jazz and Jades?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Okay, so who designated?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 15: No, In terms of who who decides what recipes?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 11: I think it was a group effort. Like curating the book.
Speaker 18: We all had to contribute a certain amount of recipes. Like initially it was thirty three. I did my thirty three esy. Some of us did not do out thirty three, but for the most part, it was thirty three recipes.
Speaker 4: We each had it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, right, right, right, So.
Speaker 15: You guys have thirty three individual recipes.
Speaker 14: Yes, there's more for some of it was conflicts what if you guys had the same idea or well.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, we got were like table yea, we grew up eating.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and so like I'm my cornish hens, you know, like I'm known for my cornish hands. I'm known for my potato salad. I'm known for my greens. I'm known for my mac and cheese. You know, these are things I'm known for.
Speaker 15: Okay, let me turn let me turn up a little bit. Who's the best cook?
Speaker 4: Mommy?
Speaker 11: No, no, come on, let us give us a dish and we will tell you who's the best at that particular kind.
Speaker 4: Your head, we should just answer us a way of cooking. Answer, answer your head. It's Jake.
Speaker 17: Here.
Speaker 4: I wanted to say Jake, but I didn't want to like hurt. Jazz is feeling you know, a.
Speaker 11: Good cook, Jack is Ash is incredible phenomenon. So when y'all taste this potato grind with crabbing, is that coming with? Do you know how hard it was for me to.
Speaker 4: Get those measurements?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, you should have taken the damn Wednesday made on the today.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted to high tail it. In all reality, though, I think it is unanimous. Jake is.
Speaker 19: Jake's a black belt when it comes to cooking, like a fourteenth degree black.
Speaker 7: Belt, like.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, he can make anything. It's like inherently studies.
Speaker 19: It is like.
Speaker 7: Learned.
Speaker 10: Jake has studied and taken pasta classes and it yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. You know what I'm saying. And he was teaching him in Italy how to do it. He went over there and.
Speaker 11: Can you can you can you make a vanilla rose poundcake?
Speaker 4: Oh? I will say Jazz got Jazz is.
Speaker 7: Off the chain.
Speaker 4: But Nola Rose, I'm not saying.
Speaker 15: Okay, so we say that Jazz is just right behind Jacob.
Speaker 4: I'm definitely Jazz and I are the founders of the tier one system.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 4: In the siblings says who can cook the best from a scale of one to three? So yeah, together, when you get can you take it and you do something else? Can?
Speaker 18: We have to explain we have a tier system in our family. We grade you on your cooking. We grade you, yes, tier on, Tier one is the best, Tier two is your you can hang with us.
Speaker 4: Tier three you got a lot of work to do and asked to make anything at the party. Wait, you'll grade this after the meal. No, we grade you.
Speaker 18: After you cook on experience. Silently, we discuss it and then say we assign a teer to you. And once you get assigned a tier, you really have to work very hard to rise up in the ranks.
Speaker 11: And you know this lets us know that Amir did not watch our cooking show.
Speaker 4: Has like nineteen gigs? I saw?
Speaker 18: Yeah, definitely AnyWho, myself, Jesse and Jazz and Jake are Tier one naturally, absolutely, Jake and Jazz invented this tear system.
Speaker 11: But Jake invented it to me, Jackie Cook Jockey can now.
Speaker 17: It's been a running joke as though he can't, but he really, I mean he can, according to like his videos that he posts on Instant story looks, and.
Speaker 15: So he would be in the last place of the six of you.
Speaker 4: No, it would be jo for sure.
Speaker 7: J like that.
Speaker 10: Jojo wasn't always like that. He used to try I and he was great his pizzas. Ye know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Version of the Italian I'm the oldest.
Speaker 19: I was cooking for them during their formative years, so they were thinking that food was good enough. They were like this girl, cheese sandwich, ain't kicking it, okay, his eggs and rice, it's like basic stuff.
Speaker 4: The issue I will take with Jojo is.
Speaker 11: It's it's really that. So I like to entertain it a lot.
Speaker 17: We throw parties, okay, so we will say this is the theme and he'll bring something that goes does not go with it.
Speaker 4: You can't do that.
Speaker 15: So he's the boss. He's the unpaid bill of the group. What the fuck does that mean because you're off the topic going rod call all the time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 11: It basically means we're like this is an Italian feast.
Speaker 4: Yes, you bring my table cloth, I'll bring Chinese.
Speaker 11: Brought some fried rice?
Speaker 4: That he means right, that doesn't show.
Speaker 14: Now that you got are at a level in your careers as adults, do you guys still insist on like we one day a week that you all must eat together?
Speaker 4: Or is that we're not that organized?
Speaker 10: But perfect answer, really, definitely perfect answer. We're definitely not that organized.
Speaker 4: But I feel like it's.
Speaker 18: Jazz and I literally live so close to each other and both have young children, so so at this at.
Speaker 15: This stage of your lives, the weekly Sunday dinner is that not a thing?
Speaker 18: I mean, Jazz and I definitely eat probably like between our families we eat together probably like three to four.
Speaker 4: Times a week.
Speaker 18: Okay, we eat dinner and then like bathe babies and put them down for bed.
Speaker 4: Do they eat cornish game hands the children?
Speaker 18: No, I haven't made that for them. Hunter's not really a fan of like poultry. What I know, say it again, Journey, do any of you guys have like because I noticed it's some vegan situations in here their dietary restrictions at this point, Like, is anybody cooking a mere I know you remember our Mommy's Big Good business. Do you remember how me and.
Speaker 23: Jake used to be in that damn kitchen, yes, cooking these damn vegan pies.
Speaker 4: Yes, And at the health food yes. Literally. I remember calling the Mirror and saying, Yo, I got great debaters. Now I can quit this job. And it went it went under without me, it did, so wait, so.
Speaker 15: Talk me about I didn't know that Whole Foods also had samples.
Speaker 4: Yes, demo and even if they don't, you can also ask them for a taste. Yeah. But they used to make vegan pies.
Speaker 18: It was a business we had called Amy's Big Goods and they were vegan sweet potato pie, vegan rubar pie, vegan peach cobbler, and a vegan apple. And we used to make them. And here's the thing, we never really saw a prophet like.
Speaker 4: Fast forward to now. When I was working on that business. We did for Jockey and journey in this but Jazz.
Speaker 11: When you were working on that business, the sweet potato pie was lumpy.
Speaker 4: It was. It was simply because you know that pie was lumpy. Y'all was serving them like freaking sugar candy, yams, sweep.
Speaker 10: I will come down that until Journey went to Smart and Final and bought that automatic mixer.
Speaker 4: Yes it was lumpy, it was it was we cannot no sweet potato. Yah a cookbook. Your people thinking.
Speaker 9: This was.
Speaker 4: The sweep with the vegan sweep.
Speaker 11: Who has been which has been pre questioned by me?
Speaker 4: Is in there? It is in there, but it's now Jake made this. But this is Jake.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna headed the head.
Speaker 4: No, that guy, I perfect here, she said. She didn't see your next like I was.
Speaker 14: Literally prepared for all of us to play Black Cart Revoked in case we needed stuff to talk about before.
Speaker 4: But this is this is the way I like that game.
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 4: Do you notice?
Speaker 10: You know, way back in the day when we were children, Jazz was a top child model, and then and then she grew up to also be a very successful model. If you notice most of the pictures in the book are of Jazz, I say, I'm fair, don't.
Speaker 4: She did?
Speaker 23: Hold on because I literally went back and counted how many times everyone appears in the book.
Speaker 4: And when I tell you, I have it on my phone, actually, well you took you took a total.
Speaker 18: Yes, every picture is sexy, like even your picture in the back where it's just people's head shot or like whatever.
Speaker 11: Well I say that not on the set, That's just me. I'm sitting on the table with food right.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 4: You got a child to take a picture space it could have gone to us.
Speaker 15: Ya mean this, this is this whole showy Okay, I'm sorry, Yo.
Speaker 11: Everybody is represented in this book, this journey.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you.
Speaker 17: I will tell you this. You have certain days you shoot lifestyle days. Okay, there was a day, there was an entire day.
Speaker 4: Of a photo force in jazz to say this? Who was there?
Speaker 11: Me and my child were the only ones there. So I gotta keep it moving.
Speaker 15: I see, Can I hear your numbers?
Speaker 4: Journey?
Speaker 15: Since you wait, you literally would do like seventy plus phases? You your own index.
Speaker 4: No, Jazz, in fact, is on every page in that book. If not, you'll find her in every page. How that is not how many babies between all of y'all?
Speaker 14: Wait, I need to guarantee this is going on the air, because next to the Chappelle Show, this show is not going to wind up.
Speaker 13: In the It's not going to yeah, thank you. I mean it will be in the archive, but it's not going in the vault.
Speaker 15: Okay, that's want to make sure. Wait are you literally counting right now?
Speaker 4: Wait? Wait, what does that mean?
Speaker 7: What does that mean?
Speaker 14: Vault is where the episode that this show is too good to be too good to be true? And usually an artist will be like they don't have hindsight in the hindsight like Chappelle or Jones situation, they are no, we're joking. Okay, wait, you can stop counting.
Speaker 11: Okay, So I have a question. So but if there's like a go ahead jazz?
Speaker 4: Whis go ahead ahead?
Speaker 7: What you got jazz? Can you stand your mic?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 4: Hello? What were you going to say?
Speaker 15: Jazz?
Speaker 4: Nothing? No, I'm not going to give this conversation.
Speaker 11: Dress that's right, that's a that's a nice green dress. Though, right, y'all are lovely.
Speaker 4: It's almost y'all are almost two pretty and slender to cook? Well, but I believe.
Speaker 15: Okay, uh now this I don't know. I've completely lost control.
Speaker 4: You know, you still want to.
Speaker 18: Play some games and stuff? No, you know, banana pancakes, though.
Speaker 15: What's the easiest What is the easiest recipe to foil?
Speaker 4: Are you still counting right now?
Speaker 18: Journey?
Speaker 11: I was texting for her second job?
Speaker 15: Okay, I see are you Okay, yeah, I don't believe that.
Speaker 18: But secret second job, are you an agent?
Speaker 4: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 15: For for the novices out there, what are the easiest recipes to follow?
Speaker 14: Actually that what's the what's the miracle ingredient that you can make a billion things out of?
Speaker 4: That's a good question, Rice, Yeah, you can. You can make a million things out of pasta. There's a lot of good pasta dishes. There's so many good pasta dishes in there.
Speaker 18: There's also really this is I really like the potato crab grotten thing. It's super simple and you can show off and act like you are a real good chef.
Speaker 4: Because it tastes incredible.
Speaker 18: It's got like the you know when you when you have like the garlic butter you dip lobster and crab.
Speaker 4: It's got that in it with the potato grotten and the cheese. It's incredible.
Speaker 10: And it's not here no, Okay, like twenty of them today at the Today Show and we left them. We also have a really easy fried chicken recipe in this book, the Naked Fried Wings.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's no branding on it, so you ain't got to like do all that and then if you.
Speaker 18: Want to be really ambitious, you can make our seventh word gumbo.
Speaker 15: What's the hardest dish here?
Speaker 4: That way?
Speaker 18: Can I just know when y'all have a hurricane recipe, which I really appreciate, but is it different in some type of way.
Speaker 4: Or is it just a hurricane recipe?
Speaker 17: And we need to know it's just for people to have the hurricane recipe to be able to go with yeah, to be able to go with the New Orleans dishes.
Speaker 10: But you can find all the secrets in the family table available for thirty dollars everywhere where books are sold.
Speaker 18: This one sells some other places for nineteen ninety nineteen dollars. Because our mom is from New Orleans. There's there's a whole chapter about New Orleans roots, and so we have like a crawfish boil in there that's incredible.
Speaker 11: Which actually the crawfish boiler is pretty.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's easy to boys. Also there's a cauliflower corn chowder for vegetarians, and that's really actually very easy.
Speaker 4: That's vegan too. It can be vegan. You take out the butter and you put an olive oil. I thought it was yeah type situation. We didn't do a beigne. We did donuts though.
Speaker 14: Regular donuts. Did you guys save anything for a follow.
Speaker 15: Up book or no?
Speaker 11: There's other stuff? No, we're not doing will do like.
Speaker 17: Education, hill books, everything, I mean, But aside from that, Like I know Jake has other cookbooks he wants to do eventually.
Speaker 11: I have other cookbooks I want to do eventually.
Speaker 19: But they're gonna they're gonna publish a two or three book with being Jockey twenty five different ways to make a case of the.
Speaker 4: Sandwiches and so when younger, When younger, what was the one meal that or.
Speaker 14: One dish that you guys were absolutely tired of? Like how many ways can I You weren't allowed to complain about it?
Speaker 18: Like we used to eat salmon so often that we all got sick of salmon.
Speaker 4: Salmon and black beans a lot salmon. Y'all have to eat liver. There were times that I feel there was salmon cakes with the potatoes in them.
Speaker 17: We used to eat the gray liver. Mama used to eat liver, used to eat pickled his feet. I did eat pickled pixel.
Speaker 4: We used to eat salmon though a lot before really cheap.
Speaker 15: I have a question. You're allowed to eat picks me, but you weren't allowed to use the microwave.
Speaker 4: This is true. That was later when microwaves were the thing.
Speaker 18: Okay, no, no, Mommy refused, like sometimes she would put tape on the microwave. Like then she took the microwave out of the house. I took the microwave out of my mouth.
Speaker 4: Now I don't have a microwave. I don't have a microwave either. When you get hungry real quick, or you got a warmer, it's a it's a it's a warmer like that goes Really you got you's got a steamer it's Jesse got a steamer man. There's a lining of waters that's right at the bottom of this microwave.
Speaker 11: It's like a steam oven.
Speaker 4: It looks like a microwave oven. It's a microwave. It's like this big. I mean, which people.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 11: Let's see, we didn't have one of those growing up.
Speaker 10: We ain't even had a skillet. We had to cook that ship on our hands.
Speaker 4: They got a piece of and you used to eat Chitling's jazz, right, Chitling's.
Speaker 17: Uncle Jeff over and bring those and they was chitlings over white rice with crystals hot sauce every chrystal wine.
Speaker 4: I'm not caping for it, but the myth of ch spelling up.
Speaker 7: The entire house.
Speaker 10: They did.
Speaker 4: Clean them, No, he would bring them in a big white bucket. That's when they come in. Everybody.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and they and you clean them downstairs, You clean down the laundry.
Speaker 4: You got one, the laundry.
Speaker 8: Utility, the utility.
Speaker 4: We didn't have that, y'all. Sound fancy you clean them in the county.
Speaker 14: You got a basement in the recordom okay, So, ladies and Gentlemen's about that time for.
Speaker 15: That moment?
Speaker 4: Is that the TV show I mean No Place Child.
Speaker 14: Anyway to seven on No, I decided to compete against h that's actually uh no Seth Harrison's on lyrics.
Speaker 8: I just I did that earlier.
Speaker 15: Yeah anyway, production.
Speaker 14: So, being as though we are these are two families, the q l s family and the Smalllett family, I think we should play around black car even though I.
Speaker 15: Know we don't at a disadvantage of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, But the thing is is that you Bill, Yes, sir, unpaid Bill, You've been around us enough. You've been Steven's disciple, beipst turn out. Though Bill has been a disciple of a fante for the longest, so he should know enough. And let's not forget who gave Steve his monica, who gave him diabetes?
Speaker 4: I still got over Steve.
Speaker 7: I'm in I'm in black fame.
Speaker 4: Over here you are?
Speaker 15: He worked on voodoo. I mean, come on, and he has diabetes on.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: Him, I need to get the diabetes black carbon.
Speaker 4: That's what you gotta do. You got to give him. So how does this work?
Speaker 11: Do we take turns to learn?
Speaker 4: I'll never never. I'm like, how you guys are uncomfortable with?
Speaker 15: I never played?
Speaker 4: Come in the circle.
Speaker 14: Basically, Seth is going to read a question to each squad and we're going to compete for So Seth is the referee, Yeah, neutral host, moderator.
Speaker 17: Yeah, he's the Jew host.
Speaker 4: Do you keep scoring masters reference? So I appreciate. All right, So this is officially with pink people.
Speaker 10: I mean, no place child, no need to say white people. Ain't nobody white. They're pink peach, They're not white. Yeah, I'm just a light brown, exactly brown.
Speaker 4: You there you go.
Speaker 7: That's cool, pink power of pearl.
Speaker 14: Actually, I about to say that this is the first time that the Jewish side of the family has outnumbered the black side of the family.
Speaker 7: As far as we're all family.
Speaker 14: Yes, but this this thing, this is the first time that these two complained that. Now when your mother mom is with your Okay, I forgot record.
Speaker 4: Not just that A lot of a lot of oppressed people, a lot of oppressed people in the.
Speaker 7: In the group right now.
Speaker 4: That's a good summarization.
Speaker 17: Raises a construct made up by the man to oppress us and separate us from each other talking.
Speaker 15: Ask you got me as your grandson.
Speaker 14: Please, it is done, all these idioms and pearls and wisdom. Just okay, can you read the first one?
Speaker 15: Question on?
Speaker 8: I mean no place child?
Speaker 4: So do we have to do a buzzer? Do we say.
Speaker 14: He's going to ask our guests first? Do I do the yes, you read the question, give your A, B, C D. And then do they confer like the family feud?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So then okay?
Speaker 15: Or should they go one at a time?
Speaker 4: Let's play well, how do we.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 15: Jesse gets the.
Speaker 4: First, We confir.
Speaker 11: Come on, so we don't shout it out.
Speaker 7: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 8: You figured it out?
Speaker 13: Answer this question before we start. Before we start, Can I just read the instructions. It's really how to play, says you know how we do. Make your own rules and play the way you want. That's what you're gonna do anyway.
Speaker 8: I mean placed, let's go already. First one, What does it mean if your ear keeps itching? You made a wish? Someone's talking about you.
Speaker 4: For Jesse, though, Jesse, make your own rules. That's what you're gonna do anywhere.
Speaker 8: That is actually correct. B somebody somebody was talking about got out, black card revoked?
Speaker 4: Not yet?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 14: What does this prove that they're actually I think the rules is that we start at ten and for each a correct answer, you get a point for voking.
Speaker 15: Okay, so the first week zero they lost.
Speaker 8: All right, So this one's for the sug Yeah, all right. In what city did Rosa Parks refuse to move to the back of the bus to Ski Alabama? Birmingham, Alabama, Jacksonmissippi? Or Montgomery, Alabama?
Speaker 4: Are we about to answer? They all answer together? We have tons together, making our own rules. Do you want to like you need help?
Speaker 7: It's Montgomery that is actually correct?
Speaker 8: Montgomery?
Speaker 15: Okay, okay, like that Jazz.
Speaker 8: Yes, Approximately how long did Sophia have to fight.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right all our life.
Speaker 8: That's a really good one.
Speaker 15: This might easy, black cart.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly Uh, unpaid, Bill, what year did cash money records take over?
Speaker 7: Either?
Speaker 8: It's either two thousand and one to two thousand and two, ninety nine to two thousand, ninety seven to ninety eighth, four to five?
Speaker 4: Can I can I call a black person? Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, you got to reach into your black question.
Speaker 7: Bill, there's no conferring.
Speaker 8: One to two of the song ninety nine to two thousand, ninety seven to ninety eighth, four to five.
Speaker 7: Problem when you get it taken away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't make we need I was going, I was I was throwing up.
Speaker 18: To be.
Speaker 4: We just lost two points down to two points. I ain't no excuse me. You put that, Jake, It's an easy one.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Yes.
Speaker 8: Who is Oprah's best friend? The options are Tyler, Perry, Tyler Perry, Steedman, Graham, sisterly Tyson, or Gail.
Speaker 4: Can I would have known this? He'll go with Gail game.
Speaker 8: It could be day to day.
Speaker 7: He could be right, Stepan's gone or what.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He's just her man, He's not her cardboard cutout. I thought, yo, you you. You better watch it embarrassed, Phil, Yes, sir, what.
Speaker 8: Year was interracial marriage legalized?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding? Fair question?
Speaker 15: Ship?
Speaker 8: What year was interracial marriage legalized? If you saw the movie Give Me the Give You for Years, it's either sixty four, fifty two, seventy three or sixty seven.
Speaker 4: Ship.
Speaker 15: I hate colonialism, motherfucking If they have a certain amount of.
Speaker 8: Give me, give me the choices sixty four, fifty two, seventy three or sixty seven. Go with a you're gonna go with sixty four. It was sixty seven sixty You.
Speaker 4: Just don't believe me because you're just whole.
Speaker 14: Note sixty seven was obsceneteen fingers. Y'all allowed the answer, but we can.
Speaker 15: Y'all know what?
Speaker 4: Do you know what the song should be when you lose it?
Speaker 10: It should be don't call me nicky, I'll just have a C.
Speaker 4: By the way, that was one of the songs we listened to across country.
Speaker 10: Y'all literally sidebar, let me show you how ridiculous and black and black, black, black mommy.
Speaker 4: We went into a b C.
Speaker 10: We got our deal from ABC, and we performed to shut him down by public enemy Ship, No boy, we performed shut him down, Like, but wait a minute, the neighborhood to put some money.
Speaker 4: In the corporation is own. They gotta give up the town or else. We gotta shut him down, shut him.
Speaker 3: Down down, shut him down, shut him shut him down, shut him shut him down, shut him down, shut him down.
Speaker 4: Joe Journey was four geez.
Speaker 14: But wait a minute, I couldn't even fit in yo, but I thought I was. I totally forgot to ask about their acting career.
Speaker 4: Jojo, you had locks on the show. I used like a mad crush on you.
Speaker 10: Jojo has highest ratings than John Stamos Real Ship Where the Fun.
Speaker 4: Is Full on our own Boycot that flicks pastime.
Speaker 14: You wait a minute, if ever the opportunity presented yourself, but don't even consider it, like what they made on our own House to the TV Real.
Speaker 11: But we were all for one season, so I just didn't trust.
Speaker 15: Hit up TV one.
Speaker 4: Ya know. We never asked, y'all, what with your mommy is that? Yeah?
Speaker 18: My mom was Jane and our dad was Joel, and then they named Jojo Joel Junior.
Speaker 4: He's a junior. And then when Jazz came, I think they just, yeah, let's just continue this.
Speaker 11: Wow, jealous, James Ingram, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yes, they have six kids and they're all right. George Forman, George g e O R.
Speaker 11: That wasn't that George Jesse was referring to earlier.
Speaker 4: That's George. They're can I have that drinking? Sure? You have some drink?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 4: Who has?
Speaker 15: The next question? Is jo alright?
Speaker 7: Ready?
Speaker 15: Eight to small?
Speaker 8: In which city was Martin Luther King killed? Atlanta, Birmingham, Washington or Memphis?
Speaker 7: Memphis?
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. Ain't getting nothing history wrong? A smart motherfucker.
Speaker 11: For president.
Speaker 4: To agree my wife.
Speaker 19: My wife is over there saying when when she wants to go to sleep, she can't sleep. I started reading the Lullabys from Americans.
Speaker 4: But he's absolutely serious, serious, big ass red book, and it's really a lullaby of Americas. No, he just reads it. I don't believe it nothing. Y'all say.
Speaker 15: You up a mere turn my turn?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 11: Wait, wait, what's the score.
Speaker 4: It's three of y'all. Yeah, y'all still black.
Speaker 15: We all missed screwed up.
Speaker 7: I'm still blad.
Speaker 8: Because he was the only one who gotta gotta right.
Speaker 4: We're still.
Speaker 8: Mere who wrote lift every voice and sing.
Speaker 4: He's gonna know that, he's definitely gonna the options behind the computer right now. Music. He might be looking up lift every voice and saying.
Speaker 8: Yeah that in his place, Maya, Angelou Booker, T Washington, James, Weldon Johnson or Langston Hughes James the first.
Speaker 4: Verse, everybody knows more. We're still in this.
Speaker 18: That was a notation during our car trips to as was c Win what's all don't cry.
Speaker 9: For me.
Speaker 4: From Dark Mass.
Speaker 24: People America record background. Yes, okay, now journey s.
Speaker 8: I love that you guys are on one car.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was a suburban and we don't have used to have a suburban portable TV uh supportable TVs that you plug into the lighter and we used to literally watch Martin and Fresh.
Speaker 4: Prince of Bellair was going to bring the Martin the trivia game. But this was again because this is when they had their white privilege.
Speaker 11: We initially were traveling in a dots and.
Speaker 4: Yeah we have with Martin and I love Lucy.
Speaker 10: Okay, we ain't even had one of them the an visors with a mirror on it.
Speaker 4: There was no visor passinger door. Yeah that we're to rolled down like that.
Speaker 7: Oh, we had that ship and Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you excited about the Martin reboot? Y' know doing that? Is that really happens? That happened?
Speaker 15: I'm scared of that.
Speaker 4: So I'm confused. She's on Regina Kingsop. They fake us out because they was on social media and it was all three of them.
Speaker 14: Yeah, got canceled the Regina shows another.
Speaker 4: One for ABC.
Speaker 11: She has a pilot missed that.
Speaker 15: Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 18: No, he's maybe it's coming later, because that's not like they've actually started something. It just looked like they came from a meeting where they agreed we gonna do this, they say, when we was gonna do this?
Speaker 4: Just like like what about Tommy? There's a lot they gotta do a whole Roseanne if they can't get everybody.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, so can we have journeys questions?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Ready, when Grandma tells you to wrench it off? What do you need to complete the task?
Speaker 4: Do you need to.
Speaker 8: Wrench lots of salt, hot sauce or water?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 4: Finally he's saying off water.
Speaker 8: That's right, of course. One time I went.
Speaker 10: One time back away, I went to a waffle house and I was ordering the food, and this was really on the menu, it's said.
Speaker 4: I said, can I have a salad with chicken breasts on it? But can I have it with no salt? And she said, she said, well the chicken already made. You want me to have him wrench it off? Did I say it wrong?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 4: Said perfect? Now I see, I said, thank you, just explanation.
Speaker 15: I appreciate spelling.
Speaker 4: Be y'all. Do know you can't beat us right because we have a perfect score. Just I could play for everybody. We know what whose team is he on? I'm on that?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I cureless outside.
Speaker 4: That he got it come and come on?
Speaker 9: No, no no.
Speaker 11: I was just wondering if we were splitting.
Speaker 4: Like no, no, no, no, no no no. This is the nation of Wakanda, y'all, the nation of will kinda.
Speaker 9: We do.
Speaker 15: Look we're looking more like the national.
Speaker 4: Wal Jim California dreaming.
Speaker 25: The money who like Bob the West Side playing from sick only it kind of with me right up raking and then then we went down control you this what we do?
Speaker 4: We half crossing hit the line with slow jam but putting the crowning like a slow jamie. You know what, Dona, no man, what you say?
Speaker 6: Give me that bob beat from tram gonna be seven weeks La Town Yeah, back down Kell with the Necktown bringing.
Speaker 4: Love Ma please can you feeling? Oh my god, get up ju justy s my let.
Speaker 10: Question?
Speaker 15: Just will do?
Speaker 4: Hit him up now too?
Speaker 15: Niggas ready for we're not doing?
Speaker 4: Who is next? Seven?
Speaker 15: Is out?
Speaker 4: You are?
Speaker 15: Wait?
Speaker 4: I can't believe he could say it, but I'm ready. You're gonna love it here, Okay, don't lose your theme.
Speaker 8: Jerome from Martin is the player from Yeah.
Speaker 4: Let me play for you?
Speaker 16: Bill?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, song all right?
Speaker 15: Back to Jesse.
Speaker 4: Is gonna be worse.
Speaker 8: What is Mike Jones's phone number?
Speaker 9: Do not know?
Speaker 22: You not?
Speaker 4: Wait? The rules were to make him up because that's what you're gonna honor, the not telling each other, but said everybody should give me. What are the options?
Speaker 8: Give me age six seven five three oh nine seven o seven six o six eight four Wait.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, stop, wait wait that's Jenny. That was Jenny phone number. No help the hell you off? You've got you back on the smallest way cut.
Speaker 8: Is Michael also just is also seven seven seven nine three one one?
Speaker 4: Are you reading it with a rhythm?
Speaker 8: And there's also two eight one three three o eight oh oh four.
Speaker 4: What's the question like Jones, Jones who put his number in his song bill.
Speaker 8: The third one, I mean, not the it's not the it's read them again is eight six seven not that seven o seven seven seven seven nine three one one that two eight one three three oh eight.
Speaker 4: Oh oh four, it is that one. That's right, Okay. I just got to tell you your evaluation your blacks is like totally left your body. I love that.
Speaker 18: To do.
Speaker 4: My product of elimination like that. They knew that it wasn't but product of elimination. Yeah, that's a new one. Product of elimination pros right, product that's right. Whatever process.
Speaker 15: What you said, what you say is what is the answer?
Speaker 4: Stop stalling? Stop stalling?
Speaker 15: Got it?
Speaker 4: I got it right, product, I get it. Okay, it's on me.
Speaker 7: It's got real quick.
Speaker 4: You ready from it.
Speaker 8: If they're climbing through your windows, you better hide your.
Speaker 4: Kids about it.
Speaker 8: That was Anyone who watches the internet will know that, all right. Last time he checked, the man was in these these these these streets. Last time he checked the man. Last time he checked, he was the man in these streets. That's not it's either Drake, Wayne jay Z or Young Jeezy.
Speaker 25: Again.
Speaker 8: Last time he checked, he was the man in these streets.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna just stop popping your jaws.
Speaker 8: The options Little Wayne, Drake, Young Jeezy.
Speaker 11: I was too busy reading about my black history. I did not hear a song. You know, I'm going to say, uh, wait them again.
Speaker 8: No help, Lil Wayne, jay Z, Drake or Young Jeezy.
Speaker 11: Sounds like something young Z was saying. I don't know that's right, Yeah, don't.
Speaker 4: Do that not I think they know.
Speaker 13: Answer Jesus Christ, you might need to say this for next February.
Speaker 4: At least, no June.
Speaker 15: We already got.
Speaker 4: And we will know. It's everybody. Well, so was Malcolm X. I'm messing up black.
Speaker 15: Let's go.
Speaker 4: You can't compare James.
Speaker 14: Wait, wait a minute's back on Steve's turn again.
Speaker 8: Steve I forgot, So we go on another round.
Speaker 7: There's too much pressure.
Speaker 8: At least this is going to be one of those ones that everyone's gonna know but you and I can't wait.
Speaker 7: That's gonna suck the second round.
Speaker 4: This is the second round.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna prepare for failure.
Speaker 4: It harder.
Speaker 15: You weren't conferring, Well, we can make it harder and.
Speaker 4: You got yeah the third, let's confirm.
Speaker 7: It's a good time for round.
Speaker 4: Let's let's have the teams confer. Fine, all right, but wait, if.
Speaker 14: We do that, then I want to go to the hard card's not gonna get.
Speaker 4: Wait, no, no, no, here's the thing. Steve has to finish this one because I just did that one, so we have to make it.
Speaker 7: Wow. Okay, Okay, I see now, I see you. Okay.
Speaker 4: I feel like you're CEU is different.
Speaker 8: Which character from Martin lived on the fifth floor.
Speaker 4: I actually just said his name. I don't know. You have to listen to the show conferring.
Speaker 11: That is so easy.
Speaker 8: I knew, I knew everyone's gonna know.
Speaker 4: That's how he doesn't get a multiple choice?
Speaker 8: Multiple choice ready? Uh, Roscoe, Hustleman, Dragonfly Jones or bruh Man.
Speaker 15: Let me cute.
Speaker 11: This doesn't ring a bell?
Speaker 26: Uh give give him his obs again, bruh Man, Dragonfire, Jones, Hustleman or Roscoe.
Speaker 7: That's in a different order than you gave.
Speaker 8: I went and went up the other one.
Speaker 4: Everything number reading man, it's bro Man. Refer you when you you said I have to manumais you let him know what it is something with bro Man. First, I don't want to emphasizing one of the other car bro Man. That was.
Speaker 11: Fine, I'm proudly.
Speaker 17: Still women know what really there should be in all seriousness, there should be a Jewish card revolt.
Speaker 4: I would be interested in.
Speaker 15: Your business venture.
Speaker 4: There should be a Blewish card revoked.
Speaker 10: Lenny krabbits Drake, Lisa, Zoe grabbers, cat.
Speaker 4: Grab all of these blue motherfuckers, Cat gripped. Can't okay.
Speaker 11: Work Jordan's sparks as well?
Speaker 4: I know I didn't know sparks in a Jewish name. Jordan's Lord, but she loves the Lord a lot.
Speaker 7: Yes, just so you know it's bro Man. Okay, that's how it's pronounced.
Speaker 4: Already quitting while you're here, it is.
Speaker 8: Jack, Jake, finish this phrase beans, greens, potatoes, tomatoes, Come on this easy and is I'll give you the options. The options are burritos, let's cook you name it. What's the end of the phrase. Those are those are the those are the options?
Speaker 4: Wait wait, still say I'm asking the question. If they missed the question, can we still it still that for the next round? Brom getting ready to Jake?
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 8: Bro what is the So the phrase is, what's the end of the phrase, beans, greens, potatoes, tomatoes, And now the options are the next word is either burritos, doritos, let's cook, or you name it.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 14: I feel like the way I just had to think it is he was trying brother a really easy one beans potatoes, tomatoes.
Speaker 11: Because I was thinking, what's the next lyrics and tomatoes and some greens.
Speaker 4: In your family.
Speaker 15: Ring around bill.
Speaker 4: Books are old, that's the one books. So this is we confer on. We can confer alright, what we finished this?
Speaker 15: I don't want to confer.
Speaker 4: They got something they've done.
Speaker 7: You gotta do that.
Speaker 4: We gotta finish.
Speaker 8: Then it's the harder, the harder questions. Which artist once rhymed mansion with wisconson.
Speaker 11: My question, it's not.
Speaker 8: That Buster rhymes R Kelly T pain and piles.
Speaker 4: I wish it was Kelly.
Speaker 15: Is it piles?
Speaker 8: It's written conferring, No, there is confirm applies T pain R Kelly, Buster runs.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 4: That's right for the up.
Speaker 15: I'm so glad you said that, because I did not know. I wouldn't believe I would have black.
Speaker 19: I can't believe me when I hear episode, I feel like this is way the partieople be lost.
Speaker 4: You're really good. Was your grandmother black? No, but my stepmother's black? Does that count?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 4: Wait? Motherfucker? What I say like four words? When my father married a Jamaican woman, I didn't know that you need if you want to tell you that you don't. I didn't know that you twin didn't know this. Now you got a black mother. How long have you had a black mother?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 4: He worked on Hamilton? To do with Hamilton? My stepmother is very Jamaican. I didn't know that you were on the show with the drug and the garbage kid. He's talking about Sesame Street Street. He was amazing. Can we go get the Sesame Streets straight a place?
Speaker 11: Though? Or is it just sesame? Because Nyla keeps asking can we go to Sesame Street?
Speaker 4: But I say, play is an amusing.
Speaker 7: Going to the sex.
Speaker 4: You can get us? She said street he is.
Speaker 15: He's the gatekeeper.
Speaker 4: Can we please come? And he's all things? You go tomorrow? You win the black car with you competitive motherfuckers?
Speaker 10: Baby, well played stepmother.
Speaker 4: Jamaican Bill Bill needs his own theme next time. Yeah, yeah, I got it. Read it's not.
Speaker 2: Ore. You know, everybody has a theme song here, everyone except for me. Well I just got bullship, but now apparently i'll have I just got mine. Have you heard Boss Bills? It's amazing goes like this.
Speaker 4: No, it's only when he gets so like the tears in our food, that's great. I get pissed off. But you guys have been making to laugh all episode. He has no reason to get By the way.
Speaker 18: You guys should know that those lovely definitely boys of all our themes. It's fante because it's like motherfucking super dope.
Speaker 4: That's right anyway, all right, onward? Yeah, ready from the Sesame Street. And by the way, A mirror doesn't have a theme song either.
Speaker 18: So.
Speaker 11: We are really showing up to Sesame Street tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Well I will be not tomorrow.
Speaker 10: That's the only day we can go to Sesame motherfucking Street.
Speaker 11: Miss the old song.
Speaker 4: They don't use that song. It's not that it's a different it's a different.
Speaker 11: I hate it's a different melody.
Speaker 4: Why would you say something.
Speaker 7: The theme song?
Speaker 18: Why she loves it. But I just am used to the old nostalgia. Yeah, I got used to it, and theme songs were always better in the seventh and I love it's.
Speaker 11: The letter of the day.
Speaker 10: Like, wait me, y'all, if y'all are from here, does anybody remember Bionic six.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't that be just because we in New York? That was the family? Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I fight for them. They fight for me as strong as you can't see Saturday mornings high in the mountains, deep into sea, bion Bionic six. We fight gay.
Speaker 10: Feature family, family and which we are so proud to be Bionic six Radio Station.
Speaker 4: Did y'all ever battle like TV theme songs on your rides? Like we battled everything? Oh my god?
Speaker 7: That for them?
Speaker 4: I think we did? You got one of you people?
Speaker 8: It was up next, Jacob jo Jo.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be very interesting.
Speaker 11: This time of night.
Speaker 4: Every night, y'all y'all.
Speaker 8: Special Ready, who does Eric say you should call?
Speaker 7: If she got each.
Speaker 4: Other?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What they did?
Speaker 15: Credit Scott King and Martin Luther King get married.
Speaker 4: That's the question.
Speaker 13: That's the question I'm gonna get, Like we should do around where we just battle each other, Like didn't you give heard questions?
Speaker 4: This is this one? Still mad, I'm confused, but this one is for you.
Speaker 8: This one's a little bit hard of course, what might your mama give you if you start crying in the in the store?
Speaker 15: Something that.
Speaker 4: Already right? The cry about now.
Speaker 7: Great, that's excellent.
Speaker 4: J uh wh don't get no music from or you're not angry? So I got the questions getting angry.
Speaker 8: Who kept bumping into the table at plays house?
Speaker 4: The name it might have been for your time?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 15: This might be our company?
Speaker 7: That kid?
Speaker 8: Was it bal was it chill?
Speaker 7: It was it?
Speaker 4: Pee wee? I wish we could confer because this one, I know, this one.
Speaker 8: Our kid blal chill or pee wee help her out.
Speaker 10: We can't confer. She got it, she got it in her radioactive thoughts.
Speaker 4: You got what she knows. She knows options.
Speaker 8: The person who kept bumping into the table at plays house party was the kid blow chill?
Speaker 7: It was chill.
Speaker 4: And he was saying, yo chilly.
Speaker 16: That was down to yeah, card, we still got.
Speaker 4: More points than y'all. Some of my is out now right as.
Speaker 15: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Journey The last one wasn't fair. She was a year and a half old when the movie I wasn't Journey right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's all right, that's funny, all right, Yes there's another house, Uh house party?
Speaker 17: Are off.
Speaker 4: The mics are off.
Speaker 8: We're talking about.
Speaker 11: Oh mine's off.
Speaker 8: Your earphones are off? Maybe the control Wait, what is the question question? Whose nickname in house party was dragon breath?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 7: Was it Chill? Was it Belal?
Speaker 4: Was it pee wee? It was a kid?
Speaker 14: Come on, come on, come on, okay? Who had the bad breath? Did Martin have the bad breath? Or did kid have a bad breath? Give me the name again?
Speaker 8: Bad breath was either Chill, Blal, pee wee or kid?
Speaker 15: I don't remember pee wee. Uh, I don't want.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 7: We go keep moving.
Speaker 4: You got in the miry cloth. You Hey, Martin had a bad breath. That's right, thank you?
Speaker 8: Okay, I played, but.
Speaker 4: I remember remember because he was like where.
Speaker 15: I didn't know if kid had the bad.
Speaker 4: Breath or kid did not have bad breath.
Speaker 11: He was the star of the movie.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I was thinking that Martin was the only one or was the only one that didn't have a girl.
Speaker 14: No, he didn't, he didn't. He got neither played it either not play yet because he tried to kisch therrain and it didn't.
Speaker 4: He knew it was because you yeah, right now we can cut.
Speaker 7: We have our strongest Blacks coming up next.
Speaker 8: So now for this round, you guys are gonna the group.
Speaker 4: Maybe can we still? We can still?
Speaker 13: Yeah, we can take anything. For those that are not keeping score of the we do as we are. The score is QLs eight small family nine.
Speaker 11: What's possible? We like, we haven't gotten any lot, right, but we have?
Speaker 4: You just got even one? We have nine?
Speaker 15: Yeah, we lost, we have eight.
Speaker 13: That's how math works, numbers the numbers going reverse. We're counting down from ten start.
Speaker 4: With, let's do this, let's do this starting point, and then we were and we can still talking?
Speaker 8: Ready, what does mystical first ask you to do? After you shake your ass?
Speaker 7: What exactly.
Speaker 4: Make up our own game?
Speaker 15: One day? All right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, little bit, it's on me. Were the harder ones and I supposedly.
Speaker 15: Maybe if you like, it's just humble bread.
Speaker 4: We're just so good? Is on you? Like? Okay?
Speaker 7: Ready?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 8: What does Mary J. Blige not want in her dancer? That's right exactly.
Speaker 14: Matter of fact, to really make an advance, you shouldn't even read the options, are right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Just have to have to know.
Speaker 11: But if we're conferring, we should be able to do that exactly.
Speaker 4: You are black no options, no food feature to like I just had revol and we're sitting around here like some dumb motherfuckers. Raise this ship you need?
Speaker 8: Do you think David Dude said, what's the best party trivia question?
Speaker 4: Maybe you got definitely street? All right? Oh man? Our turn ar turn no's they got. We're doing no options and you can steal no options to everybody's turned, everybody's turn you. You'll get it wrong. We control of this answer.
Speaker 8: She's still searching for a real love, set her heart free.
Speaker 11: It's Mary j her first album, her first single.
Speaker 15: Second Thing.
Speaker 7: It was from What's the.
Speaker 4: Remind Me Of?
Speaker 7: But it was from one one?
Speaker 4: What's from the first album? You could? Second period? Got acknowledge the first Thank you? Let's go ready, guys, it's on me, all right? All right?
Speaker 8: What city was Martin Luther King Jr?
Speaker 7: Born? And I feel not bad form not knowing this.
Speaker 4: We can What I want to say is like I want to do idiot.
Speaker 8: I'm not firm, but there is collusion.
Speaker 11: We definitely have someone on our team who knows this answer.
Speaker 4: Red book steal we can do mm hmm, alright, I'm going Atlanta, that's right, right, all right? Look we've got computers over there on his I'm doing Russia. All right, let's do this.
Speaker 18: Martin Luther King Center, Atlanta. Time he went to more House College. See, I could do it to jazz.
Speaker 7: Ready.
Speaker 8: If it wasn't love, why did they feel some type of way?
Speaker 4: What what group is that they budgeted? That's the wrong lyrics.
Speaker 8: That's that's that's the way.
Speaker 4: It's so black. We're corrected, motherfucker. David new Edition is right. That's the creator is back. I mean, all of us go ahead.
Speaker 8: I'll just ask Steve and you guys can tell him what.
Speaker 7: I'll just to the microphone.
Speaker 8: Listen, after wiping down your shoulders, what did you wipe down next?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a song or something.
Speaker 14: Should just pants, shoes, wipe me down.
Speaker 5: I'll say pants, shoulders, shoulders, chest, after after shoulders, his pants, after your shoulders.
Speaker 4: You wipe down your pants. No, don't he ain't saying that. I say that. I am saying that. Mother say that it's pants. It's listen to.
Speaker 14: Lay me down by little boozy. The lyrics shoulders, chess, paint, shoes, chest.
Speaker 4: But y'all he said something different. Can we take this chest? Yes, because it's with the mother. No, no, what comes next?
Speaker 7: So it's chest, pants and shoes, so you lose.
Speaker 15: We're the answer sol.
Speaker 8: Chess is the thank you, but I don't know how you want to score that since I Steve never said Chess said gladly.
Speaker 10: But you tried to tell him, but as his team member, he still said he committed, and he said, no, I am saying that, so guess why not?
Speaker 7: It's true.
Speaker 11: It's Chris whoever gets seven.
Speaker 4: We want the point. That's wrong. I didn't answer wrong, we'll get but.
Speaker 8: He'll still have to answered.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, that's that's not right.
Speaker 7: It was right for I actually do wipe my stuff down in that order. So I got confused, right.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody blaming you?
Speaker 7: Brother? You got to stuff off the pants first.
Speaker 4: We use the We lost the point.
Speaker 15: We lost lost the point.
Speaker 7: We lost it.
Speaker 4: We lost the point, and we have bark is really getting good?
Speaker 11: That's okay.
Speaker 4: A recipe in your book is the books.
Speaker 17: Because you're gonna put some came you're gonna put some chocolate, and you're gonna put some coconut shavings dridge, and you're gonna break and Himalayan salt than you are you're gonna break it about it into pieces like chocolate and salt, so dope, it's really good, like health wise, Yeah, because it's from them pink mountains, the Malay.
Speaker 15: You know, I'm sorry that was the wrong.
Speaker 7: Wait, hold on, I have a question.
Speaker 4: You guys just launched the point, but I didn't hear you say, don't call me nigger whitey.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 15: You got damn defected man, that's defect.
Speaker 4: You know, he defected like he just got them trees and then he's sorry. Yeah, I appreciate you for saying it so that I knew it. That's about education. Brother's brother. Why are you thinking of that? And it's all a woman? A woman call Shirley. All right, give us most of the question.
Speaker 9: This is.
Speaker 8: What are the seven principles of Kwanza? Sorry questions exactly?
Speaker 4: Wait, that's the exact question.
Speaker 8: Which which of the seven principles of Kwanza means unity?
Speaker 7: Some options?
Speaker 4: I know just one video. I don't actually know because down Margaret.
Speaker 11: It's going to be called something that I haven't pronounced before.
Speaker 8: Jesse, where you are because I'm so glad I have to do these options.
Speaker 27: I can't Moji Nigga is an emoji, David, emoji, it was, that's what you're gonna got emoji.
Speaker 4: Calmed down, They said emoji this You lost.
Speaker 7: Answer.
Speaker 4: There's no quan emoji.
Speaker 11: We do know that there's a canora though.
Speaker 4: That you're right, that is where you put the candles. Would just like to say this. I would just like to say this. I would just like to say this. But we also don't know a motherfucking thing about Hanakah somewhere you're solo.
Speaker 19: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait?
Speaker 4: How does his not count when he was that close?
Speaker 19: You said hater, rations aid the holeration, and he over there saying that Broye.
Speaker 10: I said, y'all, I appreciate y'all defending my man. I'm gonna let that go because I was wrong, and as a black man, I can't admit such thing.
Speaker 4: But y'all you got his back though. That's what's up. That's my brothers.
Speaker 28: I thought he said. The way he mispronounced the was you n this is seven and y'all still win it.
Speaker 4: Y'all still win give it to us.
Speaker 7: That's a good question. This is hard. Let me just say this.
Speaker 10: It's amazing when even your failures are only based on your own succession.
Speaker 4: Oh lord, is it is it your turn?
Speaker 15: It's hard?
Speaker 29: Can we just wait time out? This is the buckets and we had the children's and this is Jojo so happy. If we asked that question, right, don't we get the point?
Speaker 11: That's ice cre you do this?
Speaker 4: You you took it. Yeah, it's nine. It's not deducted. If you steal the question, you get a point back.
Speaker 19: Off.
Speaker 8: You don't get a point off.
Speaker 4: They just guess what the commercial?
Speaker 7: You don't know?
Speaker 18: We have.
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 11: Wa wait, we got the fine?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 7: You know what I think?
Speaker 4: I think that we should more round and then be done with this ship.
Speaker 8: Seriously, more more rounds and feel I'm doing it all right?
Speaker 4: I was telling we get I'm ready to go. What doesn't matter. We stop aspitating.
Speaker 11: Jesse always laughs when he cuts tomatoes.
Speaker 4: It's the funniest tomato. Who was the first Hey, hey, hey, I don't want no hat to race. No, let's go Seth.
Speaker 8: Who was the first self made female millionaire in the Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yes, right, who was it?
Speaker 4: I know because we're walking you that's exactly right. I can't believe.
Speaker 9: You have.
Speaker 4: Already, Oprah you said may get the hair. All right, so we have no I know, okay, the first black.
Speaker 7: Jojo.
Speaker 8: How many times did outcast apologize to miss Jackson?
Speaker 4: Yes, I got a thousand times, a.
Speaker 11: Trillion times.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, brilliant, Yeah, they it's hard to hear the trillion times. I thought it was a thousands, a trillion.
Speaker 14: Crack okay, So obviously, okay, all right, I was gonna say over now ready, should this would be the last two questions?
Speaker 4: Sure? Yeah, please?
Speaker 7: I thought we were going to do bills.
Speaker 14: Love bills is getting getting has never been in the history of the show.
Speaker 8: Love gets them weak in the knees.
Speaker 7: Man, who is.
Speaker 8: Love gets them weak in the knees?
Speaker 4: That's so easy?
Speaker 15: Billion?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it could be a billion people, believe.
Speaker 22: Damn Okay, So, ladies and gentlemen, I've completely lost control of.
Speaker 4: Once intellectual podcast. I would love to thank the entire.
Speaker 12: Smalltt clan for joining us, Justine Smallt, Jazz Mallett, j Jojo Jake, and Journey Smollett.
Speaker 4: Yes, the damn Smalllett thank you.
Speaker 14: For coming request love sebre I'm officially setting the book The Family Table is in stores right now.
Speaker 4: That stops raising through I hope that.
Speaker 14: This is a James Beard nominated book and all their dreams come true. In the culinary world, were behalf of Sugar Steve Boston Bill watching a Little light Year and myself and our special guest, so burns out.
Speaker 30: They're giving a soundtrack back in the background. No, that was a reference or that that Verbo in his voice. No, it just got was from when Smalls was on Martin and Gina and she said, I'm gonna just be over here Dustin all of my favorite people right now. It ain't last words about family Table cookbook.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 18: We actually are very proud so far. You know, people are really enjoying this book, you know, and we loved it. We had a good time doing this.
Speaker 15: Thank you very much for coming.
Speaker 18: Game.
Speaker 4: They wanted to game.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Yes, they want I mean child thank you.
Speaker 19: Next week.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 14: See, this is a very unorganized episode of Quest Love Supreme. I will see all the next go around. I'll see We'll just put them get out by.
Speaker 1: Quest Love Supreme is a production of iHeart Radio. This classic episode was produced by the team at Pandora. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts wherever you listen to your favorite shows,