Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network, live.
Speaker 2: From San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb.
Speaker 3: Ready are you ready?
Speaker 4: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific sixth Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Today Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is Monday here on the show. You know what that means. I just finished a show with Filthy Tom Up now for subscribers, you can listen to it. After this show, we had a lot to talk about SmackDown. We watched a MMA shoot Battle Royal, although it sucked. Do you want to hear about how much it sucked and why that's the show for you? But hey, on this show today, we've got a lot to get into because tonight is Raw and we got a luck going on on Raw including a return from injury coming up here tonight, and we got returns. We also have departures because on Friday this weekend actually a whole bunch of people gone from WWE, and also it appears people gone from AW as well, so we'll talk about who is gone. We come back from the first break. We've also got well, you know, one door closes, another door opens. We have twelve new NXT names and I have them for you here on the program today. We'll read them together. Also, we got a new Japan show coming up tonight. Dave and I are gonna watch some of that before we do Observer Radio later on. So a lot of big matches on the show. We got that to talk about NXT and Dynamite as well the Raw Report, and of course a lot of TV this weekend, including SmackDown and I'm telling you man, the best Collision maybe in years this past Saturday night. My god, that show is great. So a lot to get into here today if you want to. Texas four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for W online at gmail dot com, at for W online threads Instagram and cameo Valentine's Day, cameos I'm here for you at Bryan Elvarez ex and Blue sky Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 5: Hey airline travelers, Let's say you have a problem. You need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation.
Speaker 4: What do you do well.
Speaker 5: SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it. Whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, So now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets, and we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you. We know the insider secrets to fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 6: One not of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of the six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Dourrance Publishing right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand three eight hundred four to eight five six thousand three eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eighty five six zero zero three.
Speaker 7: This is a true sad story for adt the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home.
Speaker 4: Don't let it be too late for you. Call right now.
Speaker 5: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four ninety one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERBB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back here on the show Bright Now. Where is here? Wrestling Observer Live? MIKECEMBERBB. Also Wrestling Observer dot Com we're ready. Yeah, Oh is that right?
Speaker 3: I guess good, you should be. You're all warmed up after doing that Toime.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if warmed up is a right phrase. Hey, we got a lot going on at many a weekend. Want to plug that real quick because it's getting closer. My god, it's February tenth already. And if you're going to Las Vegas for WrestleMania, and I know a lot of you are, we got a lot of events going on that you can join us for, including Dave Melter and I are doing a live Q and A and meet and greet Friday April eighteenth at noon at the Palms Resort Casino, and there's a whole bunch of stuff going on in them, so I know a lot of you will be there anyway, if you're staying elsewhere on the strip. The Palms is a block off the strip, very easy to get to. That is Friday April eighteenth at noon Q and A myself and Dave a meet and greet. Come say hi. We got a special lunch on Saturday at Texas Day Brazil eat all you can at the Brazilian Steakhouse with us. You can also eat all you can Sunday at ten am at the Wicked Spoon, which, man, was that place awesome last year as well. We've also got watch parties on Saturday and Sunday and after parties on Saturday and Sunday as well. Ed's got a show of some sort, some pote air Media four or five or something already. We'll see about that. Tickets for all of this is available for w one line dot com slash Vegas. That is, for w one line dot com slash Vegas. Head up there and grab your tickets now to attend all of the these events. Don't wait, we'll get them now and get that locked in for WrestleMania weekend, Easter Sunday weekend with us. This will be a lot of fun, says, I won't be in Vegas so Saturday afternoon I'll miss a lot of the fun. No, you won't. There's a lot of stuff. There's the watch party, the after party, the Wicked Spoon, the watch party of the that's six things, five things.
Speaker 3: Plus it's Las Vegas. You can make up for lost time very quickly.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Matt here, Matt England. The convention is an insane value compared to WrestleMania. Is it ever? Is it ever? So join us, friends and let's have some fun, all right. A couple of things, including releases. So it started on Friday when WWE got rid of a bunch of people. We've got Cedric Alexander. I guess we'll talk about these people one at a time, all right. So the gist of this is WWE is now TKO. So a lot of people's WWE deals are coming up and they need to sign TKO deals. Now, if you are a big name, you're gonna make a big money from TKO. If you're not a big name, I don't think you're gonna be making as big a money with TKO. So we'll start with Cedric Alexander. Cedric Alexander was on a main roster contract working in NXT. That is often the kiss of death, as it was in this case. Sonya Deville may have been the biggest surprise of anybody, as she was working the main roster and featured regularly and she was released. So what that suggests to me is that she was on a WWE deal. The deal was likely coming due the deal that TKO offered her was I guess she figured doing that and she is gone. That is my guess as to what happened with Sonya Deville, because that one is a surprise. Authors of Pain. They've tried with authors in Pain for years and years and years and years and years, and it never worked out. Never did much with him. They were just there. They were just bodies on the roster, as well as Paul Ellering, you know, he vanished for a while and we thought that was the end of him, but then he came back and turns out it was the end of him. Blair Davenport is gone, and I don't know what kind of deal she had, but that could have been the deal there Gallows and Anderson, they got moved NXT on main roster deals, usually not a good sign. Isla don is gone. No word on Alba fire, but Ala is gone, so that's kind of interesting. They got rid of one but not the other, although maybe Alba is not answering her phone, which is not the worst idea on days like this. And then Electro Lopez is gone as well, and she had been put with Logato del Phantasma as basically just a person in the group. They rarely had a wrestle, you know, was a good she was a good character, a good promo when needed, but not really a good wrestler and also gone. And my guess is that Zelina Vega will likely be returning to Legato del Phantasma with the departure of Elektra Lopez. So those are the that's the current list of people released from WWE, and they have also vanishing from the AW roster page. Miro after all these years, is now off the roster page. Malachi Black as we all knew, and Malachi Black his wrestling school is called I Believe the Dark Arts Academy, and if you recall, Dark Arts is what Chad Gable said he was going to go learn from a secret person. So my guess is that's that is the Easter egg to lead to the return of Malachi Alister Black in WWE. But I also have been told I don't know if this is true or not. I sure hope it is that Chad Gable is actually going to be working some dates for Triple A. That sounds awesome. And Ricky Starks, who won the DeFi title this weekend, also off of the AW roster page, so he might be free after all of these years as well. So that's the latest list of releases, and I would say, really, the only one that is a big surprise is Sonya Deville.
Speaker 3: Ope Chad's not working with Alberto L. Patron when he goes down there. You know, another option for Selina Vega would be to hooker back up with Andrade now that Andrade is back, if you.
Speaker 1: Want, That's what I just said. She'd be back with Legato Well, Legato, oh, ANDRONI they could put him back with Androtti.
Speaker 3: Well, or you can put her with Malachi Black if you wanted to do something, you know, with a touch of it. Look, they a lot of their success comes in the fact that they're doing things that are steeped in reality. And I think a lot of people know that Zelena and Malachi are together, and if you wanted to put them together and make her the mouthpiece, you could do that if you wanted to. Elector Lopez is no surprise you know, they she looked She and Indy Hartwell were alike in that they looked great and they had a presence. And I wasn't thrilled about Electra's promos, but you know, she promoed a lot better than she wrestled. But she had been around for a long, long time Blair Davenport. It's just like they never could figure out what to do with her, and she was going to linger their AOP and Paul al Ring. I never really saw it with Aop, and obviously nobody else did either. They Paul brought him back and it didn't work. I think he brought back Cedric as well too. I don't think this is the first time Cedric has been released. Is it so again? Same thing? What is he going to do? He's probably better off trying to go ply things elsewhere. The one surprise to me other than Sonya was Isla down in that. I thought she was I thought there was some potential there and her team with Albo was good. But then again, when you have so many people that are coming through that system, you know again you know time is going to be short.
Speaker 1: I think for some here says WWE, random release is a tradition like no other. These are not random releases. It is time to call people up from NXT. Have you guys seen the NXT rosters. They're starting this new Evolve show and they're going to be putting a lot of the developmental talent on the Evolve show. NXT. I mean, if you want to still call it developmental, you can. It's not a developmental it is a third brand. And I do think the thing with NXT is they do pay less than the main roster. So because of that, it is hard to move people from Raw and SmackDown to NXT. But honestly, they got the money they should be paying the NXT stars at least something resembling what they make on the main roster. I mean, the main roster wrestlers. They're not touring anymore. I mean it's not I mean, they do occasional house shows, but I mean they probably do the same number of house shows for NXT. They don't draw as big of crowds obviously, but you know, as far as like you know, you're working generally the same number of days the NXT shows do an eight hundred and fifty thousand viewers. It's you know, it's still doing fine. I mean I think that you should mix it up a little bit more. And the NXT roster is gigantic. Forty women alone on the NXT roster and I'm sure probably similar number of men. It's time to move people up. They go to make room. They gotta get risk of main roster people back in a moment with some new NXT names. Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperbeb on the Sports Byline broadcasting network.
Speaker 1: Is it because it's my channel?
Speaker 3: I don't know. These are stumbles with technology. Brian is going through right now trying to believe this or not unblock Lenny.
Speaker 1: I kind of miss Lenny, but like I'm trying to unblock him and I can't find it. They're like, to go to your settings. I don't have settings. I go to settings and I get the settings for the entire channel, like I can't find personal settings. Like I think it's because it's my channel.
Speaker 3: If for w online, do you have to go to the desktop or are you on the desktop? I am on the desktop, Okay, I have to get snarky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do settings. That's profile, picture, set things, disable your account. No, I don't want that way. Security and privacy. Let's see what do we got here? Oh, here we go, show blocked users. I got one Lenny. I found it all right. I blocked him. Let's see how long that lasts. So you got to be on your best behavior. Lenny, you got it shown. Yeah, don't be a dummy, that's all I ask. I don't ask for much, Okay. I can't wait to see his first tweet. I'm sure it's going to be something about how terrible w w E is for releasing people. Just release people as well. Remember remember when he guaranteed that they were not going to release Malachi, Malachi would be Black back for the long haul black, so to speak. Malachi Black missed that one any.
Speaker 3: Well, he whiffed, what do you think Malachi's new name should be.
Speaker 1: When he goes to it's going to be Ulstra Black?
Speaker 3: Oh no, come on, why't we put his what he was before?
Speaker 1: For crying out loud? They bring back We'll get to that. They bring back everybody under their old She's not Medusa. She has to come back as a Lunderbla. Yes.
Speaker 3: Can he be the new Fandango.
Speaker 1: No, we already have fandango fandangos in NXT. No, he came out of the Fandango music.
Speaker 3: In the whole ninety He's a man unnamed all right.
Speaker 1: So they got a list of new NXT names, which reminds me. I talked about this on the Filthy Tom show. So Paisley is into Diary of a Wimpy Kid. She's reading all these books, yes, and uh, and she still likes me to read to her. So I was reading her the book the other day. And you know, his books are weird, dude. Just it's like it just one thing after another happens. I don't even know if there's a story to the books. It's just like this happened, and then this happened, and this happened or whatever. So anyway, reading this book, and I get to some story about some some some other kid at this other kid's school, and his name is, uh, Purvis Gentry. My god, my god. I read that name and uh, Paisley lost it, absolutely lost it at Purvios Gentry, Like we couldn't even keep reading. She laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. I did as well, because I thought, my gut, if there has ever been an NXT name, it's Purvios Gentry. So as you as you uh as you keep that name Purvis Gentry in your head. Let's look at these actual, actual NXT names.
Speaker 3: These have been trademarked with the United States.
Speaker 1: Some of them aren't terrible others are. We have Harley Riggins starting off hot, Yeah, Harley Reno Riggins.
Speaker 3: If this isn't a white guy from the Midwest with a curly frow, what are we even doing here, Harley race John Riggins.
Speaker 1: Come on, Harley Riggins, by the way, unblocked him. I still don't get his messages here, do I gotta do? I gotta reboot, I gotta do here. Let's try that, see how that works. Then we have got Aria Bennett. Aria. You say Aria Bennett.
Speaker 3: We got an Aria on the site, right, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Winter Surprise.
Speaker 1: He didn't call himself Ari Bennett.
Speaker 3: Braxton Cole, come on, that's now you're that's really lazy. You're just taking announcers names now from the past and mixing them together.
Speaker 1: Braxton Cole, come on. Then we've got Mason Holiday. They added they spelled Mason with a y. Come on, it's one of the Wait.
Speaker 3: M is it like Mason Win?
Speaker 1: Is it m A y s N m A S y N Holiday? Hey, listen, you know it's like you can't top Jasmine Nicks j A z M y n n y X. That's how they spell it.
Speaker 3: Somebody's playing scrabble.
Speaker 1: And Jasmine knicks we have, and I guarantee this person has to be blonde. Summer Sorel, Summer Serel. I talked to somebody that worked there who likes to give me a hard time, and uh, and even they were like, I, I when shows not on, I I can't tell one from another. They have so many blonds in n x T. They're just everywhere, everywhere, And and I mean the best, the best was the time that what's her name came out? The one that's hanging out with the gangsters? Is he Dame?
Speaker 3: Is Dame?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They put is he Dame on the screen and the fans started chanting Tiffany Tivvy time because they actually thought it was Tiffany and they were disappointing when it wasn't. But anyway, Summer Sorel cREL.
Speaker 3: Yes, we appreciate the alliteration, but I don't know about Sorel.
Speaker 1: We also have I swear to God Hayes Jamison h A Z E. Jamison.
Speaker 3: So do you think that's a woman's name, then hey.
Speaker 1: Is this someone? Is this someone that bullies others? Is this someone who's like a unrepentant smoker? Is this someone who never never knows what's going on? Hayes Jamison.
Speaker 3: That's not a poor name, Hey, Jamison is not a poor name. Whoever you are in the twitch chat.
Speaker 1: Only the most famous one ever, Hayes Jamison. Oh j oh, that's of all people, Mike dear, look at the chat.
Speaker 3: Absolutely Aghast Dominic Simone fan at the time. Tate Wilder, Now that's well, you know, Tate Wilder. That could be a member of Wilder and Young.
Speaker 1: Wilder and Young.
Speaker 3: Jax Presley Jacks Presley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do we really need to j A X in this company? Nya Jacks and Jax Presley. Maybe Jax Presley is a guy and they can do a deal where he marries Nya Jacks and then I guess it would be the He could take her last name Jax Jackson and Facebook he could put Jax Presley Jacks, you know for his old friends Knee Presley. Oh. Cyrus Griffin, Oh, Cyrus, Oh, Cyrus Griffin. Yeah, he better have an Egyptian gimmick. He better come out of a pyramid is his entrance. Cyrus Griffin.
Speaker 3: We got the old dirty bastard one of his names for a while.
Speaker 1: Another one I cannot make up, Draco Knox what the hell you heard?
Speaker 3: You heard me? He's a Romanian machine gun slash Mike Knox's.
Speaker 1: Brother, Draco Knox. Draco, we've got Trill London. What Triller London? Which then Jordan Grace called DIBs on Jordan. I'm begging you, no, no, not Trill London.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, We're gonna we may need a uh. Do you know the definition of trill is being genuine, being real, being true in fact, it's true and real together. Didn't impress you at all? No, No, it's like you watch.
Speaker 1: Show last night, positively not Yeah, mister Trillberger, Yeah that guy.
Speaker 3: This person better be from Houston if you're using trill.
Speaker 1: And finally, Chantelle Monroe, Ah, that sounds like.
Speaker 3: A Shantel Monroe sounds like an actual person. But the thing is they'll change somebody's name to that from like another name that's gonna be very close to that. It's like the Kilanie Jordan thing. It's like, why are you really doing this?
Speaker 1: Klanie Jordan is nothing like her real name?
Speaker 3: No, but like that's the whole thing is why are you going through? But it's not like her real name is exotic either. It's not like Kilanie Jordan's the most exotic name in the world. So it's like you're just substituting somebody's real name for it's it's not even flashy, it's not Mitchell. What's the big deal between Leah Mitchell and Kilanie Jordan.
Speaker 1: Well, Colonie Jordan is is much more dynamic than Hawaiian.
Speaker 3: Now or what do we got going on there?
Speaker 1: My daughter's name huntelation a a Hawaiian. You're you're allowed to call yourself Kilanie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but as fast as you can move that whole family there you're doing and I know it. You want out of this.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't get out of this by doing that.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know you do it on then have Harder or Bell moved to Singapore.
Speaker 1: Who wants to do that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Those are the names I can't wait. I cannot wait to watch evolve so I can.
Speaker 3: Uh, what's Jack Cartwill's new name?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't I don't know what his new name.
Speaker 3: Is cart jack wheel or something.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Jack Cartweel got a new name.
Speaker 3: I think he did.
Speaker 1: Everyone's very excited for Osyrus Griffin, Cyrus, boom Virus Cyrus Griffin.
Speaker 3: Well, I haven't been in Osiris in wrestling since what Ernie Osias Ring of Honor? Dirty Ernie.
Speaker 1: He probably was the only other Osiris we've seen. If we have any text messages.
Speaker 3: We've had a Cyrus. Whatever happened to that guy?
Speaker 1: Do some TV after the break? This person hates February tenth.
Speaker 3: Thanks, Is that like March fifteenth or whatever?
Speaker 1: He took me. He took them time to text me to let me know he hated today.
Speaker 3: That's Monday.
Speaker 1: Back in a moment. Observer Live.
Speaker 8: Drivers are switch and saved with Progress and could save hundreds with that kind of money. You could go big time on a fency water bottle with ultra titanium alloy metal.
Speaker 4: You're not sure why you need all that.
Speaker 8: I mean, it just holds water, but you're getting it anyway, because if you're hiking near an active volcano and do you accidentally drop the bottle into molten lava, your water will still be icy cold. Switch to Progressive and you could save big time for water bottles. Progressive Casualty interns company in affiliate its not takable. Lino states potential savings will vary.
Speaker 9: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills. Life insurance can even pay for college. And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing.
Speaker 4: It can even help cover a state taxes.
Speaker 9: Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the Life Insurance quote line right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four, eight hundred nine one five nine six five four, eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five ninety six fifty four.
Speaker 10: Everyone watches more than five hours of television really, and that's not counting mobile viewing. Get Dish TV and make that time worth it. With Dish you can get hundreds of channels, access to all kinds of sports, tons of movies, premium channels, and more. Another thing that's really cool with Dish is you can watch most of your favorite shows on your mobile device anywhere for a lot less than cable.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 10: We are asking you to watch more TV and not less TV, but make it better television with Dish this time, anytime, anywhere. So call right now now and learn how easy it is to save on your television bill and get the most out of.
Speaker 4: Your TV dealing experience.
Speaker 10: Dial that number, and I promise you were here waiting for your call because we want to save you money and give you better television.
Speaker 4: We are Dish TV.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight. That's eight hundred two nine three zero three twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Staples. Hi, I hear Staples can print it all for my business.
Speaker 1: Oh if you can think it, Staples can print it and will beat any print quote.
Speaker 3: Oh great, I'm thinking new bushers and yard signs, no problem, fine, thinking calendar's T shirts.
Speaker 4: And pens totally. I'm thinking Staples is the place for printing.
Speaker 7: I thought you might think that.
Speaker 11: Right now, It's Staples. Get up, to two hundred fifty dollars off your print purchase. NS four to five exclusions apply. This is Staples dot Com slash print for offer details. Price match Parentee Ballad in store in Staples dot Com slash print is Staples dot Com slash price match for details.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Are you all right over there?
Speaker 3: We're about to break scoops on this show once Brian finds out. But Lenny knows about some certain situations. Well, you know, Lenny.
Speaker 1: Lenny claim that Malachi was not going anywhere, and then of course he's gone. And I was told that Lenny had an explanation for it, and I couldn't figure out unblock him when he explained it. So now I'm waiting, and I also need to know if his podcast is available yet. I've been waiting a long time for Lenny's podcast. Subjectively Lenny.
Speaker 3: Yes, not objectionally Lenny.
Speaker 1: Well, he is objectionable, but the story, the name of the podcast is subjectively Lenny I give. I gave him that name.
Speaker 3: Good job, Corey.
Speaker 1: I gave him that name.
Speaker 3: Now get.
Speaker 1: Actually, this is very interesting. I asked Chad GPT. This person said for NXT names, and this is what it provided me with without explaining anything. Okay, so here's what I'm gonna do. It's too late, damn it. I should have read the the AI ones first, and in the real ones, and everybody guessed which was real and which was AI. Okay, here are the Chad GPT. Are these better or worse than the actual? Here are the actual ones. Harley Riggins, Aria Bennett, Braxton, Cole Mason, Holiday Summer, Sorell Hayes, Jamison, Tate, Wilder, Jax Presley, Osyrus Griffin, Draco Knox, Trill London, and shen Tell Monroe. Now let's look at the AI names. Ten of those Jackson, Creed, Maddox, Steele, Writer, Vaughn Tallon, Hayes, Blaze, Archer, sam Mercer, Cain, Draven, Grimmn Striker, and Cult Maddocks. Dude, they're exactly the same. They're exactly the same. If I would have read those, nobody would have said, wait a second, that's not the real names.
Speaker 3: Max Steele.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, there's even better ones down here, even further. Dude, if you're if you're if you're in an nil deal, Like, listen to this right now. I got some good names for you. Rogan, Pierce, Beckett, Cruz, Dante Briggs, Troy Valor. He's got to be a military gimmick, Glexen Wolf, Asher, Vance, Brody, Kincaid, Deacon Fury, Batista would like that one, Slade Monroe, Jet Rains, en Rico's.
Speaker 3: Storm Is it jet with two teas?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ricos Storm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, first as I'd pay to see Zane Mercer. There's a lot. No one has taken Cult Maddocks. I guess we had Brad Maddox.
Speaker 3: He may have screwed it up for everybody.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we had SmackDown and we had.
Speaker 3: Uh a pretty good collision.
Speaker 1: Due it was the best collision in years. Name name a better one. That's my challenge to everybody, name a better.
Speaker 3: Collision idea, whichever one had uh Jay and Juice against ft R because that match was awesome, so I'll take but it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Matter and that match was awesome, But was the entire show as good as this show?
Speaker 9: Noah?
Speaker 3: The first first thing about this show is like the same thing about Wednesday's Dynamite. You really, if you're an aw fan, you really want to support them, You really want to put like the best foot forward to try to get things back on track. Do your little part Number one, buy tickets. They need you to do that. But also when you buy a ticket, make noise like the people in Cincinnati have done, or wherever they were last week for Dynamite because that was awesome, and then in Texas for Collision. Keep going to Rosenberg, Texas or wherever they were because that crowd was hot.
Speaker 1: Dude, It's called a smaller building in a decent area. Yeah, where fans don't go all the time.
Speaker 3: They've had some small built Look, Texas gets a lot of wrestling, and I think what they did was balance that show really well with things that locally they would have wanted to see, while also pushing everything else forward. Look, it was a It was a really good show, even if you didn't love every single part of it.
Speaker 1: See uh, let me find out what building it was, because there is an irony about all of this, which uh.
Speaker 3: Loo, because they've been in some small buildings and the people have been sitting on their hands. It's been cold, it's been this, it's been that. Look again, the smaller buildings are gonna help no matter what.
Speaker 1: Okay, short ceilings all this show was it the Fort ben Epicenter in Rosenberg, Texas, all right, And like a lot of people were making fun of this building. They were making fun of the building. It's out in the middle of nowhere. This that and the other thing. Well, you know what, and this is actually this was actually this is this is different from I thought.
Speaker 3: They've been there multiple times.
Speaker 1: I thought, yeah, they had a dynamite there. Okay, they had a dynamite there.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes there's this idea that has a lot to do I think with with ego, which is I got to run the big building in the hot part of town. Okay, now, yes, defy, they're doing well outside. It's it's in Seattle Washington Hall. But it's like it's on you know, the other side of the freeway. It's kind of it's it's out a little ways from like downtown Seattle, and you know, it's not that big a building. It's not like they're trying to run a climate pledge. Okay, So you know, I remember years and years ago when there actually was something of a scene in Washington State and it wasn't much of a scene. And it was the same thing down in Oregon. It was like you would see people running shows all over the area in Washington and Oregon, but they would never run in like Seattle. They would they would they would run outside of Seattle, and you know, they would go out to this place or that place or wherever. And you know, it was always like, why did you run in the big city. It's like, dude, you run in a big city and you're competing with eight thousand different things on a Friday night or a Saturday night, and you're gonna pay out the you know what for rent and you're not gonna draw well, whereas you go to a place where there ain't nothing else to do and the rent, the rent is cheap, and you put a lot of people in that building, and you know that's that's hey, listen, one of these days, aw might be hot enough to go back to the big building in the big city, Okay, But you want to run outside of town in an area that people think is hey, who would possibly run there? Well, those people wanted to go to wrestling, and the ones that did go had a hell of a time. And you know, you know how good this crowd was. I'm gonna tell you how good this crowd was. The worst match on this show. The worst match on Collision was thunder Rosa and Penelope Ford. Okay, this was one of those matches where if you turn the sound down and watch this match, it was a bad match. Like they got lost. They didn't know what was going on. They just stood there and looked at each other regularly. It looked like Penelope got killed multiple times. But sh turn the volume up. These fans weren't in this match from start to finish. And in fact, this women's match Penelope Ford and thunder Rosa had way better heat then the TV return of Alexa Bliss on SmackDown. They did Alexa Bliss versus Candace in an elimination chamber qualifier, Alexa's first match on television in forever. That crowd was dead. But man, for whatever reason, they were super into thunder Rose I'm Texas and Penelope Ford, and literally that was the worst thing on the show. Everything else on the show. You know, people hate the death Riders. All they do is complain. They did that angle at the beginning of the show where Moxley came out and him and Marina are like beaten up geeks. This fricking guy got so much heat and he hyped up the match at the Australia show, and I mean that was just what helped.
Speaker 3: He hit and ran as fast as mocks he could go in this day and age with his promos, and it actually made it more intense and it made it feel I don't want to say made it feel more dangerous or anything, but the fact he was in there and out of there so fast it actually to me played everything up better.
Speaker 1: It was a hot segment we had Undisputed Era. They actually got a big win Shane Taylor Promotions, Dale Garcia, Daddy Magic. It was a great wild party match, and then afterwards they got attacked by Wheeler Pock and Claudio and they set up a trios title match on Dynamite. Mike Gut tells me, if you put a gun to my head, I would say that Wheeler, Pock and Claudio are retaining the titles, but Undispeted Era should win them on Wednesday. Yeah, I'm telling you they should win on day.
Speaker 3: Wheeler is being played for a fool. It's not like he's gained any ground inside that group. He just continues to lose it and get pushed around him taking an l after getting laid out by everybody because his partners weren't there for whatever reason that can make some sense, and again he just gets the title into the mix of being defended.
Speaker 1: We had Bendido and Brian Keith, which not only was like a great little match, but like it's one of those matches where when you watch it, when it's over all, you can think, is this Bandido is like top ten in this company? He should be pushed hard.
Speaker 3: He's special.
Speaker 1: But I've thought that many many times and been unimpressed with the follow up. So we shall see. But for this night on this show, this was great. We had a LFI squash and then we got the hilarious return of what's his name? Commander Hologram.
Speaker 3: I don't want Brian, dude.
Speaker 1: Commander's getting murdered and Hologram decides to make the save after he airs his expertly put together video of himself and like they actually cut to the ring at one point during like right after the video ended, and Commander was being murdered the entire time, and Hologram finally comes out to save this port.
Speaker 3: The only thing missing was him doing a Jeff Hardy dance like when he came out to save his brother or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: We had halftime Harley where she sang a song on an off tune guitar and it made Mercedes very upset, and finally she decks her and Mercedes accepts the match for Grand Slam.
Speaker 3: She's right, she does make Mercedes good just with her around.
Speaker 1: I liked the segment. I would have liked it better if they would have thought of this in advance and given Harley maybe like a second win in her career. On this show, we had some promos with Buddy Nocatta and Dustin all good promos. It was good stuff. And then as noted, we had the Penelope Fod thunder rosa wait, a hilarious segment speaking of Trill Old Trillberger's backstage.
Speaker 3: Bun b bun b.
Speaker 1: Of Trill Burgers is there and rick Achet shows up says, I think your burgers. Let me let me try. When he tastes it, he spits it out tremendous heat, and one of the workers there goes, well, everyone seems to like him, and so Ricky Jay grabs his guy and he beats a crap out of him and uh, and then he cuts a promo old bun B and then he leaves and bun B is so concerned. Then he turns to this poor guy that got beat up and he's like, get your ass up, Burgers to cook.
Speaker 3: Got a cloud through bother.
Speaker 1: Shay Carmichael and Mariah May. Mariah beats her up. Shay is dressed like Tony and like, none of this has explained why we have to guess and the announcers are clueless or like did she dress like Tony on purpose or did Mariah Maker dress like? No one knows. So Mariah beats her and then Luther comes out with the bloody shoe, and you know, Mariah gets mad. She goes to beat up the jobber again, but Tony has traded places with the jobber and nobody noticed because they did such a good misdirection with Luther, and she runs wild. Mariah goes running. It's a good segment. And then the main event was Kyle Fletcher Mark Briscoe Freakin' awesome match, I mean, unbelievably great. Mark Briscoe is awesome and Kyle Fletcher ends up pinning him with the top rope Brainbuster and then vowing next week he will not only beat Osprey Omega, but he will prove that they are no longer the future. He is best Collision in forever. Back in a moment, obs.
Speaker 2: Reliable, you were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: God, he miss Lenny. He just popped me right before we went on the air.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 1: You know the tag team of the Year is Lenny and l H thirty three ten. Yeah, they're teaming up right now against casual fans.
Speaker 3: This is this is the news that a person's name in there.
Speaker 1: One of the problems with AW is these casual fans, Jay, they they We don't want them catering to these casuals. We want no casuals. Get them out of here. Casuals are convinced the entering stuff doesn't matter, says Lenny. Casuals are the lowest common denominator of fans in the grand scheme.
Speaker 3: Aren't they all run off? Now? Lenny, isn't that where you're down?
Speaker 1: Do? Now?
Speaker 3: What did Collision get last week? You know what?
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what he's you know Lenny's not gonna have casual fan listeners to his podcast.
Speaker 3: On Subjective Subjective.
Speaker 1: Objectively Lenny, Yes, how many will get? How many sickohs?
Speaker 3: Those casuals of the podcast?
Speaker 1: God, these casuals, they're the worst kind of fan. How dare they enjoy wrestling unless they don't enjoy it like me? Just casually enjoy it? Ridiculous? Ah uh Hey, you know it's Monday, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feel like it.
Speaker 1: So Tonight it's gonna be uh Wrestling Observer Radio. With Day We're gonna talk about raw Men's Elimination Chamber with Ray Masterio and Logan Paul, Tonight Bailey and Lyra, also the return of Dakota Kai and e O Versus Livin Raquel A j appears and See Him Punk appears and and tonight New Japan. Are you ready for this? Mike?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: This time tomorrow we're gonna be talking about how Hiroki Goto defeated Zach Saber Junior for the iw GP heavyweight title.
Speaker 3: Do it for the old man, Haroki, God, do it for Goss.
Speaker 1: Talk to you next time I Wasting Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side network.