Speaker 1: I Am all in.
Speaker 2: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I I'm all in podcast. I am enjoined by my intrepid crew Terra, Amy Dan Yell. We are gonna do and let me just say, iHeartRadio and one eleven Productions produce this episode for you, especially in their cubicles. This is gonna be part two of Season five, Episode twenty one, Blame Ooz and Melville. We just got to talk and so much about it. We had so much to say, we need to split it up into two episodes, So this is gonna be part two. Enjoy it everyone.
Speaker 3: So here is where we find out that Kirk has just a quarter of a million dollars and that he has also put down an offer on the Twickham House.
Speaker 4: I just love that he acknowledged he had like ten thousand jobs.
Speaker 5: Fifteen thousands, yeah, fifteen thousands. I just love that he acknowledged, Like we say it every week, but like for him to actually say it is really funny.
Speaker 6: It also establishes Luke as being like, because he says it himself, who has that here except for me?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: Like it does it does establish him as probably the wealthiest man in stars Hollow. Yeah, Kirk doesn't pay rent minus Kirk now, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Well right, Kirk has that money because he has literally never had to spend a dime other than the dollar ten on the toes it has.
Speaker 1: But Luke has a greater net worth. He is, He's got for sure, please far more. Oh, yeah, Kirk has.
Speaker 3: It is interesting though that you may not be as sign What is it when you when you don't have a lot of cash? You see, did not have as much in the bank for the down payment as Kirk does.
Speaker 1: Well you know, I think.
Speaker 3: Liquid, that's the word liquid. Yeah, and he's got two hundred and forty seven thousand dollars. Could somebody do the math? How old is Kirk? Oh, it's not actually as much as you would think, because if he's been working for say, say he looks like thirties.
Speaker 7: Right, he said eleven years.
Speaker 3: Eleven years, So what's quarter of a million divided by eleven he's only been making twenty two thousand dollars a year's actually.
Speaker 1: Because you have to account for the compounded interest that you know what.
Speaker 3: But we didn't account for taxes. I didn't account for taxes. So yes, but I didn't account for taxes, so he not.
Speaker 1: He hasn't paid taxes yet.
Speaker 3: No, he's paid. He had to pay taxes on his income.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know what, he's just compiling cash, so he's not reporting it. He's not. He's right.
Speaker 3: So I think he was making forty thousand dollars a year, so that he was his net was twenty two thousand, and that's how he got to the quarter of a million, you know. So it's doable. It's very believable. It's believable.
Speaker 1: Anyway, maybe he got Hollywood threw a lot of money at him for those films by Kirk oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and when he's nickel and diming the toast.
Speaker 3: Like he had some jobs that are yeah, some jobs that are pretty good. I also like that we talked a lot about stars Hollow Bang oh. And then we go into the weird sauna wasn't it a sauna? And we see the town elders for the one and only time in the run of the series.
Speaker 6: I was interested. I was so upsetsed that the wise one had the towel over his head, like.
Speaker 1: It was like it was so good.
Speaker 3: His voice sort of reminded me of Patrick Stewart. I was like, Jean Lucard under.
Speaker 5: There, No, that was I was just confused, and Scott was like, who are these people? I'm like, I'm not Scott, sorry, Luke. When Luke was like who are these people, I'm like, don't they do they not know?
Speaker 3: Yes? They do? Does he say that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he does because he.
Speaker 3: Knows those are the elders because they knew him and they knew his father. And I don't know the.
Speaker 5: Exact line, but it was something alluding to that, which I was like, wait a minute. And then the guy was like, I knew Luke's grandfather.
Speaker 1: So there. So they're crystallizing this idea that Luke is doing it for the right reasons, which is why yes, which is why he got it, which is why he got the vote.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then he is most worthy and because of Lauraai and that he you know, like the whole thing. He's finally with Lorelai and this is what he should be doing, and he should get the house because he's.
Speaker 1: You know, in a town. It's good for every right, they're going to have children. That's good for the town. It's it creates more tax revenue for the town. He's creating more taxpayers and it's just good for the town.
Speaker 5: The line he said was Luke says, who are you guys anyway? What gives you authority to make town decisions?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: That's weird. Maybe he's just being sarcastic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe it was just the line that threw me off. I'm like, haven't we I mean, I thought we've seen these guys before, So okay.
Speaker 3: We then see her eating the apple she thinks she's pregnant. I did sort of think it was a funny callback to the opening when she says, I don't have a hankering for fruit, which makes sense because they didn't want to dip the fruit and the chocolate, only the marshmallows. I thought the exchange.
Speaker 6: Although we all know, like after two days after having sex, you don't just randomly get crazy exactly.
Speaker 3: It takes.
Speaker 6: It takes at least a few week days.
Speaker 7: It was like it was like eighteen hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not gonna be eating an apple the morning after, Like, come on.
Speaker 3: Do you even think you're pregnant? Should we talk about that yet? Are you ready to talk about the sex talk? Danielle, didn't you have thoughts about her thinking she's pregnant. Are you there yet?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: I covered it because my whole thing was this is going to be this is going to be some kind of dividing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you wanted to talk about her inability to have safe sex and how like? So what like I was like.
Speaker 6: Oh, no, I'll pass on that. Oh I was ready to go there.
Speaker 7: I'm like no, no, no.
Speaker 6: I was more about like, clearly the two of them are on different pages. That's where I was going.
Speaker 3: I was ready to be like, so do you are we talking about condom talk? Are we talking about birth control pill? What am I talking about?
Speaker 7: I think it's one of that Laura.
Speaker 5: I eats everything, so the only thing that would be an odd craving is something healthy.
Speaker 3: First of all. Also, back on the safe sex, she it's not like she doesn't sleep with the boyfriends. Like she slept with Jason, she slept with Max, She's had a few flings with Christopher. What kind of birth control is she using that? Suddenly it didn't do you know what I'm saying. Nobody nobody thinks that.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I mean she was looking. She was looking at the floor, so I'm assuming she was looking for it.
Speaker 7: She doesn't remember, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought she was just looking at the floor, like, oh, all the clothes are everywhere.
Speaker 6: No. I think she was like looking around. She's like clearly close her off and I don't see any sort of protection. So she's not on the pill, because the pill she would have been like, great, I'm on the.
Speaker 3: Pill, right, that wouldn't have been a problem.
Speaker 6: So I think it was probably there was no condom or something. H just my thought.
Speaker 3: Anyone else with thoughts, I could just feels like a little TMI, but I kind of want to go, what's going on why?
Speaker 1: I just thought she was anticipating the article coming out. Mother, tell closely. I follow things. My opinions may very depending on my state of consciousness.
Speaker 3: Look, I will admit I was very befuddled at the time too.
Speaker 1: I was like, I did I thought, oh, you know, when's this? She was going to drop here with the article also, which I found to be incredibly unsatisfying.
Speaker 3: So I have a few flags. So first of all, then she's on the phone, and right now we only have the tal.
Speaker 1: Talking about it. I'm out of flags. I need to borrow some flags.
Speaker 3: Ballerina, she got her Ballerina delivered. Who likes the magic eight ball, and she was so excited that Lorelai said the ballerina could have it. Okay.
Speaker 6: I thought lorlay was going to use the apall to see if she was pregnant or not.
Speaker 3: Okay, So then I thought this was so random. Did you guys notice that lare lies back at the hospital and she's sitting in the chair, I assume, sort of waiting to see what's happening with Suki, and a guy sits back to with just a giant plant with flowers in it.
Speaker 8: Today.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is that? Nobody noticed that.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, yeah, he was a regular extra.
Speaker 3: I was just like, that's like an extra. That's just can you imagine being the extra? And they're like, here, take this twenty pound pot filled with flowers and sit there and try to be inconspicuous. Okay. Well anyway, so then Rory's in the dining hall and they're talking that Laura could be pregnant, which was just way too much TMI for a mom to be telling a twenty year old kid.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh god, yeah, I feel like she would confide in Suki, but Suki was obviously yeah, well yeah, but.
Speaker 3: She's just like I just ate an apple and all roadblocks were down, and it was just I was like, oh my god, nobody wants to have that talk with her mom.
Speaker 1: She even said, you know, when these guys shoot, they score something.
Speaker 6: And then using it as an example for Rory, like, I just want to make sure you're protecting.
Speaker 5: I think if she just said that, like make sure you're you're staying safe, I think that would have been fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but not not the details, and.
Speaker 3: It was just way too much. And then she's like totally fine and laugh.
Speaker 1: On the short they shoot and they score.
Speaker 3: It all made me laughing.
Speaker 1: You you got to assume when they shoot they score, right, so.
Speaker 3: Not notice that they just kept wheeling women around in a wheelchair. Just they kept having like extras way on camera, kind of getting wheeled around. It happened twice. I was like, okay, to just to prove that the ladies.
Speaker 5: Feels like she's seeing so many pregnant ladies around her.
Speaker 3: True, Oh yeah, it'd be kind of like in your face. Okay. So then we go to the conference.
Speaker 1: Delivering the.
Speaker 3: Delivering the big plastic baby, speaking of that was such a fake baby. But we'll get to that. We'll also get to the vasectomy thing, which is a total.
Speaker 1: That's my god, I ran out of flags. I'm like, that's when I was like, whoa, okay.
Speaker 3: Right, nobody gets a surprise visecto me for many reasons.
Speaker 1: One is and then gets to break go ahead, no you go, no you go.
Speaker 3: You still don't get to decide for your husband that they're getting a vasectomy. Like, no one's making a medical appointment for someone else. Even if you're married number one, number two, you're not getting like a same day vasectomy. You're not like, I just birthed the baby and I made a viseectmy appointment for you downstairs, so go down.
Speaker 1: What what a what a wonderful moment that he got to share with his new baby. Now he's gonna go get whacked, you know, And.
Speaker 3: There's got to be prep I also believe you have to in some way prepare for a vasectomy. You can't just spring it on you fifteen minutes before, right, Like I'm assuming you can't eat or drink before.
Speaker 1: At least that there's comedy, and then there's like weird, that was weird.
Speaker 3: That was weird, right?
Speaker 8: That was like a.
Speaker 1: Sketch comedy routine. You know that wasn't like, you know, millions of invested fans watching their beloved characters, and then Suki says, you know, you know, go cut the tube or whatever there is to cut, you know, go cut it. It's like, whoa right.
Speaker 3: Look, this says, no aspirin for seven to ten days prior to your vasectomy. You don't know that Jackson hasn't taken an aspirin. No anti inflammatory products for seven days, including ibuprofen. You can only take tail and all. Then you have to. This is what it says. How do I prepare my husband for a vasectomy? Schedule the date, decide together. These are the first two things. Stock up on essentials. I don't know what that is, make them a care package. Be sympathetic. She's not doing any of these things. No, wow, are you supposed to eat before a vasectomy? You must not eat anything from six hours before the operation? Like that? Like that made no sense. You may only take SIPs of water until two hours before. It doesn't come on. That doesn't It was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was It was maybe the most awkward Gilmore moment I've.
Speaker 3: Ever witnessed, because it was such hullable.
Speaker 1: It's like I've never seen anything like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the show is fairly realistic, which I say laughing that I'm even saying it, but like, no one's going for downstairs for their that mi sectomy.
Speaker 1: Under no circumstances. Is any husband going to agree to that, or.
Speaker 3: A doctor or the doctor that was my thing? Is like, not only no doctors agreed.
Speaker 1: To that, it was a They're going to deduct some points for that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a comedy stretch. Okay, So we've got Mitchell and Rory in the conference room. We find out Suki's had a girl, and we find out Loreales not pregnant. We're getting a lot all at once. And then we also find out like she never told Luke either way, right, like she never told him that she thought she was pregnant. She pregnant. We're having some secrets again, which are not great.
Speaker 1: I guess they're not that close. Mm hmm. I guess it's just like Burger Boy, just show up at eight and let's acadoodle and then going back to the dinner. It seems like a very convenient relationship for this time in her life, and she's enjoying it, which I suppose she feels she's entitled to That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look I laughed at when you say that, but like, right, she should be the first person she called, or she should have woke him up that morning and been like, oh my god, we just had wild sex. What if I'm pregnant? Like I just you're right, she's not treating him like he's her one and older.
Speaker 1: The men aren't getting treated with a great deal of respect in this episode, aren't they. Jackson gets whacked. I get, you know, the wool pulled over my eyes about my potential fatherhood.
Speaker 3: So okay. So then we go back to the Gilmours and now we've switched out the ballerina for Michale, which we all kind of talked about just didn't work whatever, and she's got the weird bag with her that she's clutching with the magazine in it. Sough.
Speaker 1: I feel like, just I saw a great setup for this article thing with absolutely no payoff. Yeah, yeah, no payoff whatsoever. Through the door, Emily kind of like calmed down and whatever. I mean, the things that can you imagine your child saying these things about you in print? It's one thing to say it behind your back or even to you in private, a person to person, but to do it in print and that everybody's going to read, well, it's.
Speaker 3: Like the cardinal rule, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you think that after everything, after everything, like Emily did, Like she's kind of just like excusing it. She's like, I already hurt my daughter enough, like I kind of deserved it.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's probably how they're justifying it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I mean, as a as as a fan of the show, I wanted to see we wanted to see fireworks. Yeah, I mean I think it was one of these situations where less was less, hmm, I think more.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: I have sort of a similar flag on Mitcham and Rory. So Mitcham, you know, says, oh, I haven't really had time to talk to you about how you're doing, and then he sort of says, you don't got it. And what I didn't love was her response. I didn't love her saying I've done everything that was asked of me, because that right in there is the problem.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: She should have said like, Okay, thank you so much, like for your opinion, I respectfully disagree and I'm about to go crush journalism, you know, or she could have had a conversation with him, but I just wasn't crazy about I've done everything that's asked to me. Right, you were a great assistant, Rory, and yeah, this is your first job. That's all you need to be right now. But it's just like, I don't know, I don't know what you guys thought of that whole thing.
Speaker 1: I just think he's the type of boss that, you know, knows how to motivate people, and he gets rid of the whimps because he knows they're not going to be an asset to the company. And if she's got the right stuff, she'll rise up and prove him wrong. And that's what it takes. And you know, look that business world, that's that's that's rough and tumble, man, that's not you know, you know, you grow up in the suburbs, protected you don't realize what the real world is like. Right, They're getting into the belly of the base and it's like, you know, you get your ass kicked.
Speaker 6: It's up to Rory now to prove him wrong.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, yeah, right, And I mean I could make that I don't. I won't give a spoiler, I promise, but we will come back to this moment as we talk about as we get into the finale and talk about season six, because I think way too much happens as a result of this moment that I don't It's like sliding doors, Like I just think this moment could have gone a whole different way for Rory's season six trajectory. And it's like, yeah, I don't know. I have a bone to pick with this moment being what drives her to do what comes next. So I say that now I'm not giving a spoiler, but I do want to continue the conversation as we talk about season six because to me, the Rory I know would have been like, Okay, thanks, screw you, mitcham bye and go be the editor of the paper. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, I mean, if she's going to end up in a high position at the Yale Daily News, she's going to do well in the field.
Speaker 3: She's at Yale, right, Like she goes to Yale. She's not at like right she said Yale. She did so well at Children, She's probably the top one percent of the entire student body that exists, and now she's at Yale. You don't just like suddenly take what this fool says, and you suddenly like I won't say it. I won't say it because it's a spoiler. But what happens just doesn't track.
Speaker 6: I mean, let's not forget. Like at Yale, Doyle was like, yeah, your ideas suck. Remember when she first came over, he was like, all these ideas are boring? Remember that anybody?
Speaker 3: Yes, But she didn't go cry about it.
Speaker 6: She correct Yeah, she got better.
Speaker 3: Ideas and got better and that's the whole point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I think I think Mitcham shattered her entire world, this future that she constructed maybe inside her head, with Logan and the family and the great job and all of this.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, okay, so this is your doing.
Speaker 1: My son, and you want this cushy life. You're not cut out to be a journalist because you're going to be on the road all the time in some horrible places, digging for dirt with dangerous people if you really want to be an impactful journalist. Right, So that's not the life you want, and that's not the life I want from my son. So maybe Tara, you have a very salient point there. I also think you made it earlier about Mitcham not wanting Rory.
Speaker 3: Right, No, I think she was right. I think there is a truth there. My thing is like, also, she's in college, right, she's a sophomore in college. When I was a sophomore in college, I had my first job at a TV station, and I literally had to be taught how to address an envelope properly. Like, yes, these were the days before computers, which I get it, I'm one hundred, but we had to write on an envelope and I would like put it a little bit too far to the right or the left right. So the person that I worked for was like, hey, this is where you have to address an envelope. And that's like the kind of crap Rory's doing. She's just sort of the like admin, right, And that's what your first job is. Everybody has to do that. You have to learn to address endlup. I had to learn how to like deliver memos around the TV station. Like we didn't have email then, so like if somebody wanted to, like if programming wanted to send a memo to you know, the newsroom, somebody had to write it, put it in this weird envelope, and then my job was to carry it from the one floor down to the newsroom, Like that looks exactly like what Rory's doing. So my thing's like, you can't really know whether you're going to be a journalist or not because she's just an admin. So he's basically saying, you don't got it. Oh okay, I don't got it to be an admin. Okay, Like it's just so dumb. It's just like, to me, Rory should have just been way more less weepy and like stealing yachts and way more baller about it. And I think that's like one of my beefs.
Speaker 1: But she's not. She wasn't. She's not like that, you know, she's uh, he might be right, he might be right.
Speaker 3: Well that's the whole thing, Tara, can you not.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm being quiet, because I'm just going to keep my mouth just.
Speaker 3: We want so badly to even I want to talk about the movies right now, because there's so many things i'll I'll say for you guys and for anyone listening that has seen this a million times like us. This is a very pivotal moment in sort of what I think is Rory's trajectory. And I'm like, is this the thing where the moment where everything went awry, I think, but also but also then I don't think so, because like the movies, I just have such problems with the movies. But we'll worry about that later.
Speaker 1: So, okay, like you either are a person. You either are a go getter who makes it happen for yourself, or you're a person that sits back and follows the rules. Okay, And people to sit back and follow the rules can ultimately do very well in a bureaucracy, and they can ultimately do very well over time just by keeping their mouths shut if there are a certain kind of business. But the go getters, they get ahead. Okay, he's just telling her she's not a go getter, because people that become really successful have very interesting stories with that when they were just starting out. Well, I was just answering phones for the big agent over at CIA, But when he went on vacation, I jumped on his desk and started making deals. I risked everything. But then when he came back he was about to fire me, but he got a phone call from the studio and said, can you put her on? We love her. That's what makes a career. You just do it. Don't ask for permission, you do it.
Speaker 3: I think there is some truth then to what Mitcham's saying, Oh, you don't got it, because when she takes that and gets so butt hurt by it, you're right, you don't got it, Because what you if you got it? When someone tells you you don't got it, you come on stronger. You don't say, oh, I did everything you asked me to do you go like, okay, well you'll see Mitcham, and then you go over like I said, to the stars Hollow, you know, or the the Boston Gazette. I don't know. I'm making up paper names the Boston Tribune, and you crush it there like you just so right. Mitcham is sort of right. Even do a.
Speaker 1: Profile on the Huntsburger family and and I have it from a very very good inside source that they were treated horribly at a dinner.
Speaker 3: Emily gets the article right, and Lorelai runs into the office and locks the door, and Laura says, are you in there now? What if I missed that? The Mike, the ballerina guy is all mad about.
Speaker 1: It was a comment?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So he thought Emily was like somehow associated with stalling.
Speaker 1: Just okay, that that was just.
Speaker 3: Because even I'm watching it and then now I'm like looking at my notes, going like I didn't even get any of that.
Speaker 6: It was a really random I'm also like, how did Emily not like make her pay for that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: She just kind of let her go. In my opinion, is she what she gets?
Speaker 1: She's like playing monopoly and you got to get out of jail free card. Where did she get to get out of jail free card?
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I was saying, yell earlier, like it because it went away.
Speaker 7: It was it just Emily.
Speaker 5: Thinking like I've already done so much, said so much crap about Larel and her relationship that I'm just gonna let this slide.
Speaker 1: But not in print.
Speaker 6: No, that's so not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just her own daughter destroyed her mother's reputation in publication for all her friends to read in print. And it's not something you can apologize for. That's like a relationship and done right.
Speaker 3: She lose her mind, she was her mind.
Speaker 1: It felt like it would be her only move to save face. I've disowned my daughter.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: There you go, Well, Richard, because Richard wasn't in this episode. So it just kind of felt like they needed to give Emily something. It was it was kind of weird on her part.
Speaker 6: I needed Emily to say, you get yourself out of this room and you get out of my house, like I needed that, and I was just like wait, pause, like I literally like re press rewind because I'm like I missed something, and I'm like, oh my gosh, you literally just let her go.
Speaker 1: I was supposed to be the mother, no pun intended of all fights between mother and daughter. Right, if anything was set up to be like you know, Ali Frasier one, this was it, right.
Speaker 5: Especially because it was from a few episodes ago, so it was like a build up. It wasn't like I just found.
Speaker 1: Out cocking around with some Russian ballet dancer and him getting offended.
Speaker 7: I mean to do it too.
Speaker 3: Much for giveness, for right, it's.
Speaker 1: Like get to the stick to the point you know.
Speaker 3: What happened to you and me?
Speaker 1: We're done right. So we wanted blood. We didn't get anything. We got bad jokes. We wanted blood. Well it's coming so okay now because we dislike Laurel I are. We just wanted to see the drama. It was like, give us some drama for God's sake, because you know both of them can deliver right.
Speaker 3: Totally right, we could have had some epic steup epic. So okay, well that still goes on because that does sort of play a part in the very end. But uh, we get to the marina I guess you'd call it where the yacht is, and I'm a little frankly tired of like Rory being mad thinking Logan's flirting. It's like that was sort of like because he's like, oh, you mean my sister's friend and her husband that just had a baby. Like it's like, okay, Rory, knock it off, like this guy's committed to you, like he's just talking to somebody at engagement party. So that was sort of me being irritated. But I don't know if I'm just bringing my irritation with Rory right now into it. Then they sort of have the conversation.
Speaker 1: Because she didn't get the blood.
Speaker 3: Well and she doesn't even tell him what happened, which also is so bothersome to me because it's like, oh, this three's company episode, do you know what I mean? I get so irritated by that.
Speaker 5: Like it's also tell him his dad, Like, if my boyfriend like his dad, I would be the first phone call.
Speaker 3: Like, so it's not like it's his dad he loves and worships and things, is the greatest father in the planet. It's like he hates this guy and knows this guy's a D word, and then she doesn't even tell him. It's just so annoying.
Speaker 6: He was kind of happy she didn't tell him.
Speaker 1: I think she suspected Logan sabotage.
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't think that.
Speaker 3: There's too many things, a little preposterous, too many things in this episode of people not telling people like Luke, why are you not why are you buying a million dollar house? And not telling Laura Like LAURAAI, why do you think you're pregnant? And then you're not telling Luke Rory Mitcham just rips you and you're all weepy about it. Tell Logan, like, I just think I just thought that she tells.
Speaker 1: Her husband to go get his balls cut off. I mean, what's going on?
Speaker 6: I think with Rory and Logan, she just spent the whole previous epistrade gushing over him, trying to get, you know, all the info on Mitcham that she's probably embarrassed. Like I was, like, I'm happy she didn't say anything warned her.
Speaker 3: I know y'all are gonna hate this, but like the person who I'm not irritated by in this episode is Logan. He didn't do anything wrong. He's just like, yeah, Ace, that's my sister's friend and her husband who just had a baby. Yeah, it's like just being freaking cool, and she's just.
Speaker 5: Didn't he also maybe maybe I'm mixing things up. Didn't he also say like what did my dad say?
Speaker 7: Or what did my dad do?
Speaker 3: Or yeah something? I think so.
Speaker 5: And I'm actually on your side Amy for this because like he actually was like he knows something's up. He's gonna wait for her to say something. He's not gonna force it out of her, but like he knows, like he's just doing what he's doing, you know.
Speaker 3: Right, He's just being Logan. And then really they're gonna steal a boat? Come on, like actually, come on, Like there's plenty of things that they actually would go do. They'd bail the party, they'd go to the four Seasons, order everything on the rooms, have a.
Speaker 1: Wild night, And I think that's I think that's a little more common clubs than.
Speaker 3: Gilmore is not stealing a boat. That's like a freaking.
Speaker 1: Fellow to do it him to do it.
Speaker 5: No, but like there's it's been so many times of logan and boats, like we've heard this one too many times, so like what's that only made her be like, well, I want to steal a boat too?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 5: Like is it a proved to Mitcham? Like she's on logans Like I don't Logan's level.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's just like their neighbors, the Huntsburger's neighbors have a couple of yachts there and just take borrow one of them. It's not stealing, just take it out, you know. Can you just get a boat?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so go rent a boat, I don't know, or take their boat.
Speaker 1: Are you going to rent a boat?
Speaker 3: First of all, please, Rory Gilmore, like come on, stealing a boat that really is just bananas and like to do what to be a badass? Like literally when Mitcham's like, you don't got it? Stealing a boat doesn't make you got it. It just makes you have.
Speaker 1: A criminals who are they quoting Hemingway When you want to punch somebody, go to see is it not Melville?
Speaker 3: Is not Melville, hence the title.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the whales and shotguns and I don't know what.
Speaker 6: We also can't forget. She ditched Friday night dinner too because she was supposed to go, So she dinner, she went to the engagement party and tried to steal a boat.
Speaker 7: Some thing she never even told.
Speaker 5: She didn't tell Emily or Lorelai or anyone she wasn't coming or like trying to get out of it.
Speaker 1: Stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, raumatic flipfhanger. I freaking love the end.
Speaker 7: I really wanted to go to the next episode. It was so high, you know what.
Speaker 1: The only I think the only solve for this is to have a ski race. Let's do that, Fry's the only way we're gonna get over it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, also, I'm reading the I'm reading the script and Logan didn't say anything about his dad, but he did in the episode earlier.
Speaker 3: Is my dad treating you well? But okay, that's where Thoughty was.
Speaker 6: But not right before she went to go steal the yacht, right, got it.
Speaker 3: That's a fair mistake.
Speaker 7: It was somewhere I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't get past the the best ectomy scene I I put an extra I'll tell you what. I went upstairs and put on an extra pair of pants and then continue to watch the episode, and I covered myself up the rest of the time. Tell you that much, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I guess we're ready to rate the episode. What does everybody give it?
Speaker 8: Tara?
Speaker 1: You want to you want to start us off here, be brave and jump out there and set the standard.
Speaker 4: I will give it seven point eight yachts.
Speaker 3: A very low score, though very low score.
Speaker 1: That is low for part of these You have integrity?
Speaker 6: Why did I like the episode? Am I the only one like? I actually liked it?
Speaker 1: I did? Actually, I actually did too. I thought it was really.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was super entertaining. I'm going to say nine out of ten pieces of toast at a dollar ten.
Speaker 1: At the loop price.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to give it eight of Kirk's two hundred and forty seven thousand dollars bank accounts.
Speaker 1: Huh okay, yeah, uh, I'm going to give it.
Speaker 8: Uh God.
Speaker 1: I I really enjoyed the episode, though, however many inconsistencies there were and fears of being snipped. I still enjoyed the pack out of it. Oh and isn't that a testament to the wonderful show that is Gilmore Gosh, I really want to stay in the nines, but I just can't. Yeah, I understand, Danielle. I'm sorry. I want to be hanging with you.
Speaker 6: I think this is the first time I've ever ranked an episode higher than anybody else.
Speaker 1: But listen, I'm gonna I'm gonna be right there with you with an eight point nine eight point eight nine five eight point eight nine five. Uh functional my kids?
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought I knew you were gonna it was gonna have to do with asector.
Speaker 1: No, I was going to say eight point eight nine five testicles. Since it's an X rated episode, is you can say that it's an X rated episode? Uh No, I'll give it eight point eight nine five surgical snipping scissors.
Speaker 5: Whoa specific I will say, I feel like, as we broke down the episode, things bothered me more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I was like kind of okay with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can't we just enjoy it without reckoning it for everybody with all this analysis, But I.
Speaker 6: Will say, like, yeah, it annoyed this episode thoroughly annoyed me, but it thoroughly entertained like it wasn't boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't boring. It was it moved along, it was funny. I think it was a really strong episode for for Lauren. I thought she was just carrying it along with some really funny stuff, you know, funny delivery. This really featured her comedy skills, So I think for me that's what kept it, you know, above above water for the most part, even in the in the in the sort of challenging parts for us logically speaking. So anyway, what else do we have favorite lines? Let's do favorite lines time.
Speaker 3: Sorry, go ahead, jump on it. I just got excited because I do have one when they when it's about fruit and she says, don't have a hankering for it.
Speaker 1: M hmmm hmm.
Speaker 6: I actually have a favorite too. It's from Emily and she says, I did not get into quote bitch fight with him. He's an ex president. It was that usable rosalind.
Speaker 8: Tera.
Speaker 5: I mean, I always have to go with a Kirk line. I just think the whole back and forth about the toast was truly my favorite part of the episode. I don't have a specific favorite line.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I'm gonna I'm going to pass on favorite lines there were just too many of them. I'll post on my Instagram what my favorite line is.
Speaker 7: Oh that's wait, oh wait, I do have you?
Speaker 5: I have one when he says I take my toast dry m hm, because he asked if there's a discount on butter and jamm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a real Nie slapper. All right, So what do we got?
Speaker 3: We got next episode finale? What's the Scott? It's like it's so upsetting.
Speaker 1: It's it's just flying by. All right, So what do we what do we have for the the next episode?
Speaker 3: What is Yeah? What's it called? Oh? Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: Called next episode, Episode twenty two, the finale, the wrap up of season five. House. It is not a home.
Speaker 6: I don't like it. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't it does. It's it's foreboding, isn't it. It's it really is. The house is not And I think that sounds like a line from Laurel. I. Yeah, is that what Laurel I says to Luke. Listen, I didn't tell you to do this A house is It's just a house, Luke, It's not.
Speaker 7: Actually, don't think it's not going to be what you think?
Speaker 1: Okay, never is anyway. Thank you ladies, Thank you Tarah, thank you Danielle, thank you Amy. Always a pleasure, always a gas, a classical gas. Keep those cards and letters coming, Thanks for all your comments, keep downloading, best fans on the planet, and remember we and I am all in stay safe.
Speaker 8: Everyone, Hey, everybody to forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.