Speaker 1: Yea, you don't want your question.
Speaker 2: Let's just keep it real, straight sh eye with no chasing. So I'm gonna get a little bit roughturer.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Those who really believed in the American process, all of us street shot, no chase with your girl chess some figure out on the Black.
Speaker 1: Effect podcasting network.
Speaker 2: It's always a vibe. Marcella's was always a vibe. I love it, especially Uh, you don't want to wait see next with me?
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 2: And today is very special because in the intro Marcella's when I say Bishop is still praying for me to do. I got a chance to hang out with the bishop that I was talking about, who is Bishop Dixon in Houston, Texas? And Uh, I did a speech today keynot speaker for the programs called report Card. You know I love a good report card and Bishop was one of the panelists. Shout out to Serena McGee, George Floyd's cousin. UH, and I was I had the honor of kicking off uh the next you know.
Speaker 1: Three days best three day? Uh.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't want to say celebration, are honoring his life and really trying to remember where we are and where we are compared to the last five years. So it was nice to be with Bishop today and ask him to once again start praying before I get ready to speak, because I'm definitely gonna go there.
Speaker 1: That's right. And I told him Bishop, go ahead.
Speaker 2: And start praying because I don't know why they keep inviting me to these events. So you know, I don't get up just to cheer. Be no cheerleader. I get up to critique, right, to make a calling for the conscience.
Speaker 1: Now I do. I do leave everybody leave inspired, you know.
Speaker 2: But you know I gotta be a rough role of Marcella's.
Speaker 1: It's a rough role.
Speaker 2: Because what was really important about this is and I talked, I framed it as you know, I have my master's in adult education. I believe in report cards and receipts, and I believe in having the information in order to teach both by fire, trial and fire and theory is important to me. By the way, if you have not signed up for the training, you better do so. I don't know what you're waiting on the next training or the first training. We might as well call it is well, I'm calling it Marcella's. The semester the first semester, because it is five courses. One of five we start on June fourteenth. We are soldiers the roles and responsibilities of candidates, campaign workers, organizers and activists.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a lot of fun in it.
Speaker 2: Marcella's can attest to that because I have a good time with my training. So we also learned you know as well, So make sure you sign up for that teslafiggrel dot com.
Speaker 1: But I framed in Marcella's as.
Speaker 2: The report card of the people. I use the metaphor that the school system, the system is America. I didn't want to use my thirty minutes Marcella's to talk about the system that we already know that we've been enrolled in for the last four hundred years. I thought it was important, and I was gonna let the panelis do that.
Speaker 1: After I leave.
Speaker 2: They can talk about Trump this Trump dad and Democrat this dad, and you know, look at what these white folks doing. I wanted to take a moment to talk about the pupil, to talk about the student, because we already know what the system is designed to do, right, and we've been involved in this system for four hundred years. But I think it's only fair to talk about what is the report card of the student? And that wasn't an easy thing to hear, because you know, y'all love being cheered on. Y'all don't ever want to hear the critique. You should be leaving and as I told them, you should be leaving this speech wondering if you're in the right class. Will somebody really push you? Marcella's that you say, Man, should I signed up for pre algebra? Should I have signed up for AP science? Maybe I need to just go back to regular science. Maybe I need to see when you got a good teacher that's pushing you. Marcella's Like we always say welcome home. If you can't see the growth, if you can't see the development, when you always say I'm learning, Yeah, if ain't nobody saying I'm learning, then what are we doing. We're stuck and we're stagnant because you want me to cheer you on and never challenge you to be the absolute best that you can be. And that's what's happening in the movement Marcella's and why they can't get fifty people to show up at best right the attendance is down because we have not been challenging, critiquing, expecting more. And so now they're folks saying they taking a rest arrest from what's scrolling. It's a lie when I hear people say, well, you know we done been through this before being through what not? This generation you don't know how to can no food, You don't know how to plant nothing, you don't know how to fish, you don't know no carpentry what we've been through.
Speaker 1: True, this generation is not prepared.
Speaker 2: If all hell break loose physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, this generation is not prepared.
Speaker 1: So when y'all say we've been through and who are you talking?
Speaker 2: You must be talking about grandma and now great grandma, and now we ain't talking about you.
Speaker 1: Because Marcella said the nerve and audacity for me to ever expect him to get a roommate told me the nerve class in session, y'all, lass I said, welcome home. Y'all know I got to keep just so I can call him out in class. That's his only role is that constantly.
Speaker 2: Call that Marcella's He get a lot of persons being the favorite about He definitely is the favorite schoo So even though, but he also get all the wings, all the greens, all.
Speaker 1: We don't think.
Speaker 2: Don't let Marcellos confuse you and think that he's just sitting in there just getting beat up on it.
Speaker 1: He rewarded being a big dog too.
Speaker 2: And he appreciates it because we get better and better. He loved when I give it to everybody else, which I did so, but it's love. I wont Marcella's. I appreciate him. I appreciate the growth. It might have been the years now, I don't know, four years. Okay, so you've been rocking with me.
Speaker 1: So yeah. So I had to set up.
Speaker 2: The scene on what a report card is supposed to look like. And if we really go by what a report card is supposed to look like, instead of just saying America bad, bad, bad, we already know that.
Speaker 1: Les's one thing.
Speaker 2: It has grades, which is a student's scores for different subjects and courses. Then it has comments, and that's feedback from the teacher. Areas of improvement put a pin in that, and overall behavior put a pin in that. The third thing is attendance. Now, this is information on how often the student attended class, including absence and.
Speaker 1: Tardiness, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: And you know I told everybody, including the look at your neighbor and say we was tardy.
Speaker 1: See this what y'all said.
Speaker 2: This called report cards. So I'm gonna go ahead and give you the report. I be remiss to pretend like y'all to show up an hour late.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So that type of mindset is why we are where we are in the movement. Now, the people in the room I want I'm glad that they're there. I told them I'm not beating up on y'all because y'all are here, but you gotta go running back and tell somebody about it. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And if you feel beat up on, welcome home, Welcome to class. This is what clans really look like. And before you can see also want to say they look at to stay because she knowing, hey, when you when you lay like that, you have bounced on you. And oh yeah, oh, I told oh, hey, I'm sorry, Marcella. You do know me quite well.
Speaker 2: Because when when they got up and started doing all these introductions at eleven o'clock, I was supposed to be gone at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 1: And I cut one of the introductions. I said, I'm leaving at eleven thirty. Whether y'all done.
Speaker 2: With these inductions or not done with them, I'm leaving at eleven thirty. Y' when I said I need to be gone, cause see.
Speaker 1: I don't do late. I had to get on the plane. I do decent at in order.
Speaker 2: It was thirty minutes to get from where I was to the airport, and you know I'm not going to no thirty minutes. You know I don't have that at Atlanta mindset. If it's thirty minutes to get there, I'm leaving an hour on time. I don't do all they running.
Speaker 1: Through the through.
Speaker 2: The airport and all they're looking because you think you're looking busy and all that know, you're looking disorganized in undisciplined.
Speaker 1: Thank you to me.
Speaker 2: When you know I'm busy, you ain't that damn busy. So I'm leaving at eleven thirty because my plane boards at once. So I'm giving myself an hour Marcella is to get there at twelve thirty. That means I'm taking into account the thirty minutes in case it's an accident or deer in the road or whatever it is, so i can get there twelve twelve thirty at best right cause you know we do at best right now. Luckily, it only took thirty minutes to get there, so I got there at noon. So I by the time I go through TSA and do all of that, I still had thirty minutes charge of my phone.
Speaker 1: Take a breath.
Speaker 2: You know, not have to worry about this, Dad, make some phone calls, draught it because I do stuff decent in order. That's why I on the report card. It actually has an account. You have to take an account for the student's attended class, absences and tardiness.
Speaker 1: Then of next thing is about behavior and conduct.
Speaker 2: Notes on students' behavior, social interactions and attitude in school. So when I'm talking to the crowd and you and I look like I've got a pull teeth to get you to respond, this is where the student behavior come into play. See all this ties into why we are where we are Marcello's in the movement. And then overall it was the grade point average. So I went through all those things, and I won't redo the whole speech, but.
Speaker 1: I'll sum it up to say this.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, George Floyd policies in Minneapolis got reversed. We after the murder of George Floyd, over one hundred cities put policy in place for police reform. Now the Democrats need a piss poor job of talking about it. They should have talked about it, you know, they answer well, or people should just know it's basic civits. Why don't they look it up? Well, Marcellos, they didn't know. Why wouldn't you talking about it? It Jesus could go preach the gospel, and he had enough in him to go preach the gospel to the people. Why didn't you feel like you had to go appreciate you above it? They got to come to you. See that sounds like they ro type is me where everybody got to come to you. See, Jesus went out to the people, so you thought it was better for the people to come to you. And now the people don't even know what they lost, but they gonna know once a foot is on another person's neck.
Speaker 1: Yep. Now I'm confused.
Speaker 2: Because five years ago, when we were marching in the pandemic, Marcella's everybody told me that it wasn't a movement a moment, it was a movement. I got news to tell you it's actually it was a moment yep. Turns out it was a moment yep, because I don't see nobody saying nothing, and here I go crash out on the stage that's documented on Netflix.
Speaker 1: In front of twenty million people.
Speaker 2: At best that they say them watched it and said I'm willing to die for the calls. So I done crashed out and I'm standing behind me and ain't nobody with me. This is why when I talk about trade getting in the car and O Boy getting in the car, you better know what you signing up for, because if you're waiting on somebody else, if I was waiting on y'all to really believe that it was a movement, I'll be lost in the sauce. I would feel away about saying I'm ready to die for the cause. I would feel away about the death friends. I would feel away. This is why we got to go all the way back to the second grade in the sixth grade when they laugh and say, why are you talking about what you did in sixth grade? Because any one of these leaders is out in front of you. I should be able to go all the way back Marcella's and pull the receipts.
Speaker 1: YEP. I should be able to go back.
Speaker 2: They didn't understand why. I asked Viva Ramasami that no worries about. I'm gonna help you explain it. I may make it real plain and real clear to you, because if you just got gumpshing up and you just ninety days ago, this is why we don't see nobody doing nothing right now.
Speaker 1: Everybody is boots on the ground.
Speaker 2: Learning the line dance yep, because there was a moment to them, not a movement, and it shows yep, we resting. And I also want to say, hey, I'm not telling you to go battle Trump and do all of that, because at the end of the day, the chickens are gonna come home the roofs.
Speaker 1: So let it do what it do. I will as before you fin what what does we resting? What I mean? What does that mean? Going with it? They said they ain't ain't doing nothing. They rested and learning boots on the ground. It means just that resting.
Speaker 2: No more seifc engagement, no want nothing, no more trying to convince nobody, nothing, no more nothing. It means just now, let's look up the word resting for marcellas confused, So let me help them resting it says, cease work or movement in order to relax. Yeah, refresh oneself or recover strength. Did that help you out?
Speaker 1: The webs is.
Speaker 2: Always our friend. It's always gonna make it plain. It's a cease action, that's action and it shows right. And like I told them, y'all have to go fight Trump. Let them do what they do. But when it comes to our community, we cannot rest. Right at the very least, we need to take care of local and state at the very least. At the very least, somebody should be saying something to the Minneapolis mayor, to the state legislature at the very least, to say, if the federal government took away policies, then what y'all gonna do at the state level, What y'all gonna do on the city level, because it's a liberal state, by the way, at least control your state. If they take the federal at least control your state. And I don't see what y'all doing about that. So y'all resting to the highest level of resting. And I guess it's gonna take something to happen again to make a difference. And that brother that killed that deputy, a couple of weeks ago. That's what it's gonna start looking like. You take one of ours, were taking one of yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought about, but.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you exactly what it is. Yeah, brother Muhammad, somebody that follows me in my comments. I met him in Houston, and you know he must don't follow me too well, Marcella's because he started talking about what we all need to do.
Speaker 1: And disclaimed her. You sure you following, brother Roy? What we are you talking about? As long do we?
Speaker 2: I don't want everybody to coming, I said, did you see Sinaers Did you see the movie SINAI? Yeah, I saw you sound like one of the people on the outside of the house that was saying, we all need to come on out.
Speaker 1: I want to be all right in that. Did you see it? Marcellis, I ain't yet. I ain't surprised, because you see, I ain't seen the cop.
Speaker 2: About for those you saw it, the vampires was telling everybody came, we just all be family, came, we just all work together. But the ones who hadn't been bitten yet were inside the house. And you need to be all right with just being a few in the house. You always want to be outside, I said, that on my speech years ago in the back room means want to be friends with everybody. I don't trance nobody talking to come out and let all be together. Who all need to be together? Who, Brother Mohamed, you gonna work on we I'm gonna work on these three hundred. I'm gonna talk to these twenty thirty forty people because I don't trust the week. Somebody got to focus on the weed. That just ain't what I'm called for. People need to be understanding that. That's why the Marines said, a few good men. The military, we push you out. We want you to fail. We don't want you. We want to make you go a wall. We want you to second guests why you came to basic training. The church say, everybody, come as you are. The military say, no, hold up, we.
Speaker 1: Don't like what your work.
Speaker 2: Then we go back home. So stop expecting me to be a civilian, because I'm not. Now keep reminding y'all that over and over. But I guess I'm just gonna have to keep reminding of Marcellus. I don't want everybody over here. We want soldiers. That's the first class we are. Soldiers need to be able to identify who is who? Because one is a vampire and one is not. And people who watched it it was two twins. Everybody that looked like you ain't you? And you need to be able to identify who is sucking the blood after community and who is not. Everybody saw the movie and they went straight to the white supremacy. But I'm going to also us in the house and what that looked like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the part I.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody want to hear, Marcellus. Nobody want to hear that part on the report card. But we got to hear that part because you got to understand why.
Speaker 1: Lately the last year.
Speaker 2: Or two maybe every time I'm getting up to speak, it's like I'm speaking to the dead. Literally, I have to work extra hard to get them to chime in, to get them to you know, get them a pool. In course that they did at the end, the Holy Spirit had his way. Yeah, it was an amazing thing. Marcella's I always get thrown back. I couldn't spend time with everybody because they was late. See they missed out on the blessing.
Speaker 1: It was late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when they got up and all came and ran towards me and tears in their eyes and can you take a picture. And I just one time, I say, I gotta go, I gotta go to the airport. Se y'all missed the blessing because she was late. Yep, like with Fairo, you never got to go to the Land of Milk and honey because you was late. And it was so interesting because you know I talk about Spud and ubering with his wheelchair, and the uber that picked me up was a guy in a wheelchair whoa yep, And I took a picture of it, and I said, you're my confirmation. I just did a speech talking about it and want you to know, stay encouraged, brother, and make sure you relieve your pressure points.
Speaker 1: And you know I talk about that all the time, right, That's how God speaks to me.
Speaker 2: He'll do little things like that because you know, I don't trust what they're saying out here, so he does little things like that to say I got you, I'm carrying you, I'm i'm i'm I'm taking you on. You're speaking for the least of these in this moment. So out of all the Ubers, I'm gonna pick up one that you can recognize that this is what you're fighting for.
Speaker 1: Those things.
Speaker 2: It can't be based on what somebody told me, what an elected official told me, because they and if that's gonna be, I would have been. I've been disappointed a long time ago. Can't even be a pastor or our leader anybody else. It got to be a very clear sign, like a wheelchair picking me up, saying I'm carrying you the rest of the way. There was God's message to say I got you as far as you can go. Well, tesl you you've gone as far as you can go Revelations three twelve on my favorite here and say you've done all you can do. I'm gonna do the rest. So that's what that message was. I got you, I'm carrying you. Continue to speak for the disabled, continue to speak for the least of these, continue to tell that story.
Speaker 1: Continue to talk about what you did in the sixth grade.
Speaker 2: And I'll share that story for those who want to know why as Viva Rama saw me what he did in the sixth grade. And they mock me about that all the time, and I love it when they do it because it's once again it's the enemy trying to discourage me because they don't know the story behind the sixth grade.
Speaker 1: Even if they did, it don't matter.
Speaker 2: They just use it that they couldn't figure out nothing else I did in the interview, so they got to mock that.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you quickly about that story.
Speaker 2: When when people say, you know, I can't speak up to the system, I'm just one person.
Speaker 1: What can I do?
Speaker 2: So I want you to picture me eleven years old in the sixth grade with my little Jerry curl, my little juice for my Jerry curl. My mother did my hair. She was a cosmetologist. She worked at the TV station.
Speaker 1: She was a notary.
Speaker 2: She sold real estate, so herban life. Never saw my mother and was a fox in Emity magazine. And I never saw my mom on her back ever to earn no.
Speaker 1: Meals.
Speaker 2: She always stayed on her knees in prayer with God. I was raised by a phenomenal woman. I say that because I want people to know Marcella's I was raised like I got some sense. Even on BO I tell you this story like I wasn't raised like I had no I always let everybody know my mother really did do She really did give me the foundation the epitome of Alpha Kappa. Alpha the epitome of a lady. But if I tell you the story, you probably wonder well who raised them? But it was the anointing in me early that knew somebody had to speak up to authority for the least of these. I got my first bloody nose in the second grade with being over Shauntey Rowland. But this was the first time I was suspended. My first fight was the fourth grade Stephanie Collins over Kelly Reynolds. Told her to meet me on the big because she kept on teasing. Stephanie Collins got to go to back then. You go to fifth grade, the middle school, you got chocolate milk and we just had the regular milk.
Speaker 1: She was in honor classes, I guess.
Speaker 2: So when she got the chocolate mint, she come back tease us about just the white men. See, I remember all these stories that were likes to stories. See that's how they do.
Speaker 1: Even now, Marcellus, I got more than you, that was still the least of these. I'm better than you.
Speaker 2: Well today, Stephanie Collins, you're gonna meet me at the big Toy that's what they called it back.
Speaker 1: Then, the big toy in the in the yard.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna stop rubbing in the chocolate Mill's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be me and you. This is at nine years old myself. I've been Baptist. When they keeping, well, why how you get like that? I've been like to stop asking what got you in the politics? To me? Now?
Speaker 2: My first expension among many was the sixth grade, and every day Miss Harris was everybody's favorite teacher, just like all these politicians, y'all favorite to y'all want to buy saying nothing Obama, y'all want to say nothing of by none of the Michelle Obama.
Speaker 1: All that powers.
Speaker 2: She got to be teaching folks you know how to line dance, but whatever will take you, you know. Uh. Miss Harris had a curl. It was a stringy curl. Could have used a good tightening.
Speaker 1: But I'm just giving you the division.
Speaker 2: Everybody, she was everybody's favorite teacher, really liked her. But for some the reason she snatched papers when we were standing in line to turn in our paper. I had Dallas come up and give an example because I want everybody to know what you know, why she what it looked like.
Speaker 1: And we do it every day.
Speaker 2: And there was just one particular day Marcella's i said, today's today.
Speaker 1: Today's day.
Speaker 2: Somebody gotta speak up because they ain't gonna say nothing to the authority. And it's something in my spirit at eleven years old, the need Miss Harris to know I got an issue with you snatching these papers because all we doing, let's use the metaphor with America, all black people doing is trying to do the work.
Speaker 1: All we doing is trying to live justice and equality.
Speaker 2: All we doing is standing in line, not trying to skip it, not trying to get anything that don't belong to us.
Speaker 1: We haven't even gotten reparations that's belonging to us.
Speaker 2: All we doing is standing in the line, and the system keeps snatching everything from us. Yep, are you following what I'm saying? Marcella's absolutely the system. I didn't know then, but I know now. She was a symbol of the system.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And y'all sit around and say, well, you know I'm too small, I don't have much. Well, why did I have the audacity in the sixth grade, knowing the consequence, knowing I was going to be suspended, knowing I was gonna be on punishment.
Speaker 1: My mother.
Speaker 2: Didn't put her hands on me. She was not a physical woman was always punishment. So knowing those things, I still knowing one of my classes, the consequences of consciousness, knowing the consequence that's coming, it still needed to get said, just like I do last night on this is my natural thing. So when it was my turn and she snatched the paper, I said, miss Harris, one day, when you snatch this paper, somebody gonna slap.
Speaker 1: The shit out of you.
Speaker 2: Old miss Harris was She said, ain't nobody going. I can see it just like us Yesterday't nobody gon slap shit?
Speaker 1: We ain't nobody. I just want you to know anything.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when my speech to day, I said, man, I can't wait for one of you to be the one that's gonna slap the system, for one of you that's gonna start decide to speak up, for one of you that's gonna raise your hand and say I don't like the way you snatching the papers after people's hand.
Speaker 1: Now, I didn't know that was what that was gonna be today. Now.
Speaker 2: Of course, when my mother came up, I was suspended for five days.
Speaker 1: He said, I want to know who you was planning on slapping.
Speaker 2: I didn't really had an answer, but I just knew that somebody need to tell somebody.
Speaker 1: Somebody needed those other eleven year.
Speaker 2: Olds to know that you do have voice, ye, that you can't speak to giants. See, I don't have to do no David in golive metaphor. I can tell you what I did. You follow what I'm saying. That's why buby ram Simon, I need to know when did you stand up? I can go every year from the bloods the Crib's young. Every year I got a story. And you know I ain't lie Marcella' because I tell the stories with the people in the comments that was their witnessing it.
Speaker 1: Yep. It ain't a year to go by that I haven't said something for somebody. Yep.
Speaker 2: And if you can't take your leaders down that report card, you following the wrong leaders. It ain't about me bragging and boasting. I'm telling you what it looked like. How do you identify it if you don't know what he looked like? How do you know the difference between two twins ones a vampire and ones not?
Speaker 1: How do you know who past the garlic tests?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's start an interviewing candidates all the way back to the first anybody that's a leader should have on their report card. Great student, but talks too much. If a teacher never told you you talk too much, you don't need to be raising your hand to be no rat. Yep, But it don't mean that it's not a role for you, because if you not gonna say it, I'm gonna say it. But I'm gonna need you also to support me. Marcella's is a backbone to what I do. Somebody had to raise Moses hands up and say I'm gonna hold your hands up. Somebody had to be aroing to be the communicator for Moses somebody, so you gotta roll.
Speaker 1: My job is to help you find that role. But you can't be let off the hook.
Speaker 2: If you ain't nothing but in the common is clicking scrolling, If you ain't nothing but clicking, love the boost the engagement because we gotta fight through the foolishness online. If you ain't doing nothing but subscribe, subscribing to the podcast, coming to the training, because you know I.
Speaker 1: Can't go get no job. Ain't nobody hiring.
Speaker 2: Me, so at least support what I'm doing, so somebody can speak up to miss Harris, because you damn show ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: This is what I mean when I say one of the reasons why we're not doing well on the park card is everybody don't know they roll. Everybody got all the advice on what to do and what should be doing, but I don't see you doing it. And when it's time to go stand before the most high, the question is gonna be asked. The goat will be separated from the sheep. The goat is the greatest of all time on earth, but it don't mean nothing in heaven. It's simply to go the sheep is about the shepherd's business. And the question is gonna be asked, what did you do Marcella's for the least of these? And your answer ain't gonna be well, you know how email test and I sent a DM and she didn't know.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be on you.
Speaker 2: What did you do in this moment and in this hour. And if you're not a believing in don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: But if I'm right, then you might want to be concerned.
Speaker 2: I want to encourage everybody again the three things save chack, stack, stack your resources, save your money, and secure. And one of the things about secure, I do talk about securing your gun permit because I believe in that, but also securing our nonpart profits, securing people like me that you do believe in, supporting the few pastors that are speaking up for justice because they're certainly losing their grants, the nonprofits that are running the gang intervention programs.
Speaker 1: And this is that telles them.
Speaker 2: How can I support you. I haven't asked for helping the whole time that I've done this, but I see what's coming. Marcellus, we are. Yes, I need your support. I need you to click like I need you. It ain't good enough for you to just listen to the podcast every week. I need you to go tell ten people to listen. Black Effect has to continue to get the numbers that were getting out. There'll be no more Black Effect because the only thing that we do have to negotiat, and I behalf.
Speaker 1: Is the numbers. Yep.
Speaker 2: So if you're gonna get this free game every week, bring ten people with you.
Speaker 1: That's your one job. Yes, I take cash, ass said teesdon figure on now, Yes, I do. Yes. The training is it's not for free. It can't be. I'm giving you free on rebote, I'm giving you free here. I'm giving you free on Instagram. I'm getting free. Some of this is I got to pay back something. YEP.
Speaker 2: Two hour class fifty bucks twenty five an hour. People pay seventy five dollars to go to pottery classes, seventy five dollars to go to sip and smoke, seventy five dollars to go to paint and sip.
Speaker 1: Five hundred dollars for Beyoncetis. That's right.
Speaker 2: So if you don't want to come to the class, sponsor somebody else. We are in a moment Marcella's that we can sit back and say it ain't affecting me, but you're gonna see what the how is affecting. If that rental assistant program get knocked out, You're gonna see how it's affecting in the days to come with these police reforms.
Speaker 1: Getting rolled back.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm going to law school because the cases are coming, They coming, and y'all gonna appreciate being crump for allowing y'all to do it for free. Who's doing it for free and get his money on the back end. Because I ain't going to civil rights, I'm going to see y'all better get them retainers ready.
Speaker 1: Marcella's need of the ambulance chase of y'all call an ambulance.
Speaker 2: Ll y'all gonn learn a pre sac say that Amla Chason, you didn't get nothing from you till he won the case on me. I need it upfront because if Shannon Sharp got ten twenty men, go get these white boys who sold you out. I'm gonna need mine upfront. I ain't never seen no turn and go tell everybody that they tried to close the deal.
Speaker 1: And you gave him ten million.
Speaker 2: No, you look gonna give you twenty five after Kate mar Phillis need that he tired of sleeping on the couch.
Speaker 1: I ain't being crumped. It's gonna being crump on the back end.
Speaker 2: Ain't no more doing it for the cause. Y'all don't believe in civil rights no way. So the cases are coming. I told to go ahead and get your money, cause y'all don't need some good plea deals. And you're gonna need a strong, masculine, aggressive, uncooperative black woman. They can go on the media with the white folks at Fox and the MSNBC's the liberal and the right.
Speaker 1: That's political savvye. That's cultural competence. That's a pit bull. You gonna need me.
Speaker 2: I know, y'all like the cooperative submissive women, but they can operating at the DA table.
Speaker 1: Yep. They doing shakedowns. Yep. I know you want the submissive woman. They submitting evidence right.
Speaker 2: On, you podcasters, y'all know the one of the cases are coming, So make sure y'all set to set back. Y'all money, y'all gonna need to retain us when we wanted up front on the front end, yep, because I haven't seen what you done deal with the white boys, so I need I definitely needed on this. And don't come telling me do it for the calls. Go to being crunk because he about doing it for the calls and being don't do criminal law. By the way, So your best chances with being is hoping somebody discriminated against you. But with me, the cases are coming. You're gonna need somebody negotiate your time. Yeah. And it take the fanes about a good three four years to build a case, so it'll be just some time.
Speaker 1: Because when the fans come for you, they like make sure they got all the evidence. Yep.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna be in the ready busy, and I'm not saying that as a Oh, don't be wishing to know nobody. I'm telling you what's real. So if you don't want a case, y'all better get your shit together.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: This year was an unprecedented amount of law school applications. Never before in the history have so many people applied for law school because they know the cases is coming. Thank you Southern University that also admitted me last week as well.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna thank you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Then the most competitive season, I got into two law schools. But yeah, we know that the cases are coming and everybody don't standby. So y'all can need to go by what I'm telling y'all to do and take ye to what I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Are.
Speaker 2: The cases are coming for criminal cases. The cases are coming for discrimination. They wiping all that policy away.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: All of the cases are coming on the shakedowns. Y'all keep on talking on these podcasts, keep on leaving a trail evidence.
Speaker 1: All these celebrities.
Speaker 2: What y'all do and how y'all do when y'all did, keep it up, because the cases are coming. Everything you said when you went viral, whether it was true or not true.
Speaker 1: The fees got it and they don't want to listen to my advice. Marcella's so just get.
Speaker 2: The retainer ready and we'll see how I do. These mayors, politicians line stealing. The cases are coming, These pastors lying taken from the people. The cases are coming. It's about to be a shake up like you've never seen before. Because right now it's very still and quiet. These leaders can get twenty people in the room at best. Ain't nobody following, nobody up a hill.
Speaker 1: Don't nobody believe in nothing? No more people are resting. Black folks are resting. That's a whit. Folks start resting. So that tell me it's getting real quiet before the storm.
Speaker 2: Tornadoes that I grew up with tornadoes, and it always gets very still. You hear the wind, the rain, the all of that, and then right before the tornado comes it gets very still quiet, and then the next minute you hear we're in the still in this moment, the levees are about to break, and where you are is where you are. I don't know if it's enough time to change your situation, not for what's coming down the pipe. You can make these adjustments that I'm mean when I say change your situation, I mean as an individual. So applyes to just apply what I'm telling you, because you were gonna need.
Speaker 1: Each other like never before. They go for you too, men and they say you don't care about what women bring to the table.
Speaker 2: You either care about a woman bringing something to the table or find your ass at the DA table because dealing with these women that don't have nothing that's looking to take something from you, we see what that's looking like, whether it's true or not true. Now, if you did it, you deserve everything that's coming to you. But if you didn't do it, then maybe you should have picked better like y'all tell black.
Speaker 1: Women to do. So, guys, that's been my time. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Marcelle's always being here, just being my a man corner. We have a lot that's coming ahead, guys. I'll keep unfolding. What's happening with this George Floyd. Well, it ain't nothing happening. They took it away and they said that's that.
Speaker 1: So it ain't done. Yeah, so I get it. Ain't no updates. It's gone. Yeah, it's gone.
Speaker 2: So we'll just keep on following what we're gonna follow. And y'all keep on talking about line dancing. I guess I do don't need time to cope.
Speaker 1: I get it because I go out. I cope, you know. I you know, I love me a drink. I love me outing. I I nothing wrong with a reset. You definitely need a reset, some of y'all reset and sitting down though forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so, and it's gonna catch up on real time and that maybe that's the kind of shake up that we need.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's kind of shake up.
Speaker 2: That's why I ain't begging nobody, do not no more of Marcella's I'm just giving people the tools. This is what you this was about to happen. I'm not talking about what you're meant another to day. This is what you need one two through. I'm just simply warning you I'm coming through. Like when they told fair Hey, put put the ash on the door because the storm is coming. That's that's all I'm focused on. That's why make sure guys y'all in this training soy and continue to keep giving you the things that you need for the midtim because democrats down.
Speaker 1: So I ain't looking for nobody in mid term.
Speaker 2: If you're a Republican. They ain't looking for you either, you know, Black republic ain't looking for nobody. They they mine is to keep sit circling the wagons with the same people.
Speaker 1: Over and over and over.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They are insisting on dying with the power in their hand, and the streets is insisting on telling them, no, We're doing something different.
Speaker 1: The gatekeepers are now being gate kept and it shows. Yeah. So if you are interested in and we need more campaign workers, guys, I did a survey. It's fifty fifty. Everybody want to be a candidate and organizer. Well, who gonna do the work?
Speaker 2: It might be because a lot of people think, well I need to know a campaign to work on, or I need to you know, So I do want to encourage we need more campaign workers. You can work on a campaign from anywhere Marcella's. You can run a phone bank from anywhere. You can do scheduling from anywhere. You can do call time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I've ran campaigns out of town. So I want more people to be interested in campaign workers. I had a staff in firm with three hundred employees. My vision is I want a database of us, so that if somebody's saying I need a field director. I need a volunteer coordinator. I needed this to that I want to be able to refer you know, people out to be' say, hey, we got some folks right here, hire some folks from us, and it might just be like I said, because people think they need to know a campaign to work on. So I do want more people interested in because after we do these five fundamental courses, I'm gonna start rolling that courses, you know, just for you know, specific things like how to run a phone bank, how to collect petitions, how to manage a candidate, you know, all those kind of things that you need. You know, we want to roll it out, but I need students to do it. So guys, please be open at least open minded. Marcella's I've taught him how to do advance. That's an actual job, Marcella is an actual job on a campaign.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? Yeah? I know that because yeah, it's called advance.
Speaker 2: And there's certain things you do in advance for the principal, certain things you look for, like Marcella is looking people dead and I asking to email the information.
Speaker 1: That's what advanced team do.
Speaker 2: Advance is not just making sure I got m and M's and coke, you know, available to drink, advances, making sure everything on point, making sure okay, well.
Speaker 1: This this, that everything in order. That's a real job.
Speaker 2: Bernie Sanders advanced guy, a kid been working advanced for by the time he got on a campaign, been working advanced for Bernie Sands about ten years. So that's one of the jobs. Like with you, Marcella's everywhere I go, you going with me because your advanced team. I'm just using it just to teach train a moment. Your advanced team is your most trusted team, and they'll take you with a man everywhere. Because when I send Marcellas to go get the greens, even though his first time doing it he failed on that whole one is when I say Marcella, go get the greens. Okay, I'll go get the greens, and he get up and somebody tell them, oh, I'll go get him. Turn around, Marcello, what happened to greet him?
Speaker 1: No? But any how I go. I don't want everybody having access to my food.
Speaker 2: The ad band says that it's not a it's not even I don't want people look at as a personal as system or a you know, an airing person. No, it's much more important than that, because you're literally the right hand to everything. Trusting you with my food, right, trusting you with my purse, trusting you with knowing when Marcella say everybody in place before I get there, that they really in place. Trusting you with contacts, information I give you, Trusting you with int it's a deep, it's a real. It is the right hand. You have access and knowledge the things that people do not. So those are the type of positions that you know, hopefully we'll get more people to be interested in.
Speaker 1: And I'm excited about y'all.
Speaker 2: We've gotten an overwhelming response from students signing up, seriously overwhelming response. The goal that I'm trying to reach for next year, we're honestly probably I don't want to say a few, but a few dozen away from what my goal was next year. I explaining that to you once it's actually done. You know, I love talking when it's done, not when it's in the middle of being done. Right, So I'm very excited. We're way ahead of the game. But I'm growing this division the way I've always wanted to do. I wouldn't I hadn't been able to do it because you know, I was truly trying to do it in person ourself. We're still gonna do some pop up classes in person, you know, every now and then, but I'm excited about it. We got our first booth coming up at Sea Suckers and Sun Dresses on June sixth. Don't know how many people to be there, but it's just nice to you know, do something like that, you know, to pass out information people come by.
Speaker 1: Marcello's will be at the booth. I'll be there just talking to people about the program.
Speaker 2: Ten thousand people go in and out and three days in that event, so it's not a small event, but just hoping if we can get ten people to sign up, that'd be beautiful. We're just trying to get exposure. We just want people to know what we're doing because it's not a one time class. It is a five week it is a semester, and we're gonna it's gonna be available for people to watch.
Speaker 1: Over and over and over and over, and we'll be adding on classes.
Speaker 2: So by the time the end of spring next year, I hope to have about twenty plus classes for people to you know, tap into.
Speaker 1: So all right, guys, make sure you follow me on all things.
Speaker 2: Please subscribe to the podcast, Please follow me on Instagram, just to stay on top. Make sure you're in that broadcast channel, guys. I've been inviting people to the studio, like Marcelli's is in the studio now, I've been inviting people to come in and be my a man choir as well.
Speaker 1: So make sure you're on that broadcast channel.
Speaker 2: So when I say, hey, guys, come come join me in the studio where Marcella's is not available because you know his job and to be availed with me too.
Speaker 1: Inge fours a day.
Speaker 2: So we did that last week where I brought in some other folks because it just helps to just talk in front of somebody. You know, I'm a teacher, so I don't like just talking in general. I like to know that i'm with points I'm hitting and where I need to, you know, expound because I'm one of the few podcasts that just talks. So we don't do a lot of interviews. You know, we're doing from time to time, but my format is very similar to a Russ Limbaugh, which one, whether y'all like or not, is on the top of the game.
Speaker 1: That just talked and that was it, you know, so I'm appreciative to have you. I'm probably I would have to go.
Speaker 2: Look, but one of the few podcasts on Black Effect that it is just one person talking everybody else's interview or got a co host yep.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate y'all rocking with me. I appreated Marcella.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to think Marcella's is not value as a co host, but I'm just saying my show's not set up that way, right. You know, we just need folks. I need an audience because I like to teach. So appreciate you guys. Make sure you tap in and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Feast peace.
Speaker 2: If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend.
Speaker 1: Straight Shot No.
Speaker 2: Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast networking iHeart Radio, ANTILM Figure Out, and I like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Crawford and our executive producer Charlotta Magne to God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.