Speaker 1: Welcome to Can't Fully Reckless, the production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect, And just like.
Speaker 2: That, we're back on the air.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to get another carefully Reckless episode with your girl, Jess.
Speaker 2: Hilarious. What do I be doing? I'll be fixing mess and we're gonna jump straight into it.
Speaker 1: We don't have any voice notes because people's voices are very recognizable. But I did pick three interests in stories, actually all three of them. We're at the top of my DMS on the Carefully Reckless podcast page.
Speaker 2: Y'all been doing really, really good with sending these.
Speaker 1: I gotta cushy'all more often, because after I cush y'all out, then y'all get it together.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have to cush y'all out. I'm sick of y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all, but I love y'all at the same time, so we're gonna jump straight into it.
Speaker 3: Hi, Jess, I'm sending you this message, mad lad, but I hope you get to it. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I am also pregnant and do in July. I wanted to reach out to you because as I feel so lost and I just feel myself going into a very deep depression. I lost my husband of three years two months ago due to a shooting that happened across the street from my house.
Speaker 2: He was caught in the crossfire.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because we were in the process of moving and just brought our first house together to prepare for our family. I'm still trying to process if this is real or not. He would always do this thing every day when I come home from work. He would have my favorite show playing and dinner ready on the table. I look forward to that every day I get home, and I think it's just now starting to sink in that I will never come home to him again. I just figured out the gender of our baby yesterday and it's a boy, exactly what he wanted, and this is also our first child. I feel like no one understands the pain I am going through, and it's causing so much stress on me that I've even been in and out of the hospital because of my stress levels. I have a village that is absolutely one hundred percent supportive and is with me through whatever, but they are not him. Sadly, no one could take this pain away. He gave love a new meaning for me and brought so much light to my life. My soul has gone from You probably won't even get to this one because I know you probably have thousands of other dms to answer to. So I'll just let this be a diary to you, and I hope that you take this in with open arms. Once again, I am so proud of you and all your successes. I've been rocking with you since the beginning.
Speaker 2: Man, that was very very heavy.
Speaker 1: And the reason why I did it that way I let the computer read her voice, I mean read her story, is because y'all, I'm struggling with this noseous install and I was supposed to get some ginger candies, but they're not good to me at all. So I have gum in my mouth, and I understand that it sounds disgusting and listening to me talk chewing and swallowing gum flavor and shit like that. So I want to eliminate that as much as possible, but I cannot get rid of this gum, y'all. Y'all gonna hear a whole bunch of shit coming up out my stomach, all right. So that was a very very heavy story, damn. And I'm gonna be honest. This is the first time that I really can't even really give a lot of advice because I've never gone through this, nor is this something that I want to go through that I wish on the next person that I wish on my worst enemy. I understand her and her husband, who was married, like she said, for three years, they were about to move out of their house, and in the midst of them moving, he gets gunned down, caught in a crossfire that wasn't even going on with him, like it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Even for him.
Speaker 1: Obviously, in these instances, you don't know why things like this happen, especially if you are a believer in the most high you know or whoever or whatever you believe in. You kind of question your faith and you're just like, why why did this happen? Well, you know, but I would always say everything happens for a reason.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, honey.
Speaker 1: I would definitely say, get therapy because that has got to hurt every day, every night, every waking moment, you know what I mean. And then you just found out the gender of your baby. Congratulations on your beautiful bundle of joy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am pregnant. I appreciate you for congratulating me.
Speaker 1: On that and my successes, but I still feel so empty for you every time somebody reports to me a story or you guys willing to expose even a little bit about your life, and you know, seeing how vulnerable a lot of men and women can be with me, I just take my head off to you.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm in a position where I can actually amplify these stories by bringing awareness to it on my platform. And I know she's not the only one that's going through something like this. So, like you said, you were just writing this to me like a diary, and trust me, I hear you. My heart goes out to you and that beautiful baby that you're going to have, and I'm really really sorry, but I think you should start your therapy work right now, not when your baby gets here, and don't try to figure this out on your own.
Speaker 2: And I'm happy that you do have a village. You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know whether that be your mom, you didn't specify, you know, your parents, your family, your friends.
Speaker 2: Whoever it is.
Speaker 1: I love those people for being there in those moments for you as well, because you have to be strong for that baby and to know that he wanted a boy. It's even more amazing. But it's very sad that that baby will never know it's father. And if you have anything like a gofund me, make sure you submitted into the Breakfast Club because I actually want to take your story a little bit more broader than this, and we can cover this. This is something that we can briefly cover on the Breakfast Club. We will definitely help you. I will help you. I know DJMV and Charlottage. God will help you stories like this. Just God leave a damn hold in your heart, so we're gonna move on. Definitely update me anything you need for that baby.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm asking you for the go fund me, because it's gonna be hard doing this by yourself. Although you do have a village, you can never have too much love, too much support, too many things for a child, you know what I mean, So just send that over.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: If you love me, you'll listen to this commercial and then we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, Jess, I know you love voice messages, but my voice is very recognizable. However, I most definitely need help with my mess right now. I'm not even sure where to start, but my ex broke up with Emmy two days before Valentine's Day twenty twenty four. We were together for two years prior to this incident, so I need to say that the year already started off bad with us, considering she canceled plans on my birthday, which was at the beginning of January, which I wasn't really tripping because she kept promising to come see me when she had the time. Well, fast forward to her birthday, which is at the end of January, where she went with her hoeing s sister on an out of state vacation. We were talking throughout her being out there, just not as much as usual, no biggie. Right before she leaves to come back home, she calls and tells me how she wasn't really with the girl the whole trip and all this other gossip. Not one did she mention anything out of the ordinary happened.
Speaker 1: M Sarah read it and it was too complicated. Then I read it and it was still complicated because I don't get it. So breakfast down, NYA, my little sister here, y'all stay high.
Speaker 4: Hey, all right, So, what the girl was trying to say is that the relationship was bad from the beginning of the year, so she already feel like something something was off. So their birthdays in the same month, her birthdays in the beginning of January and the girlfriend birthdays at the end of January. The girlfriend told her that she was going on a vacation with her sister. She says, she's a hoe. Nobody trusts you know, anybody said, yeah, nobody want to be with out you feel me?
Speaker 2: Okay? Boom She comes back and say she wasn't with her the whole time.
Speaker 1: Oh, so she wasn't with the sister the whole time. Oh okay, she was out getting her life with another hole, with another hole that's not her sister.
Speaker 2: And she said she usually they usually open about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she didn't want to make a big deal about it because it's her birthday. So that's why she was like, no, baby, you know, but this ain't right.
Speaker 2: And that's why she trying to get to the bottom of it. Yeah, you wasn't with your whole sister. Which hole was you with?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, probably one of her whole as sister friends. Oh, because you know, if her sister a hole, so was some of her friends, right? And and or she didn't even go on a vacation. Maybe she just went somewhere else with somebody else. Okay, So now I said, well, maybe she didn't even go on a vacation. Maybe she went somewhere else with somebody else to sneak. Yeah, that is sneaky, And maybe it was just easier for her to tell her I'm going somewhere with my sister. But if this girl already thinks the sister as a whole, so you fucked either way. Yeah, So so they broke up.
Speaker 4: They still together, but the relationship is rocky, rocky, and it started with the birthday at the beginning of the year, lawing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sounds like she needed to cut the whole off. It sounds like you need to cut this girl off. That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really believe that, though it does sound like it's taken a different it's going into a different direction.
Speaker 2: I mean, especially since you.
Speaker 1: Ended it with we are usually open books about this type of information, So that means you and your girlfriend are usually honest about things. But y'all haven't been seeing each other lately like that, you said, you haven't been talking as much as you talk to her, you know, the whole time she was on the trip, but not as much as usual, or not as much as you would have liked to seeing that she was with her whole as sister.
Speaker 2: That would have made me feel some type of way too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I could see how to didn't make you feel some type of way. I definitely think it's worth a conversation. I mean you should because what if there is someone else, you know what I mean? And honestly, if you two are always honest about things, maybe this is like a little fling that she got. Maybe this is something that she just having fun with you know what I mean. She don't plan to leave you for this person. She don't plan it, cause I think with you, if she's as honest as you said, and you always open books about shit, that would be something that she would come to you about.
Speaker 2: You don't got a location? Yeah, my sister said she ain't got her location or nothing like that. Like what that is that we do those? Yeah, definitely these definitely share locations and stuff like that. And are you cool with the sister? Was there any pictures?
Speaker 1: I mean everybody, because are there any vacation videos, pictures whatever?
Speaker 2: Like anything? You get what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Like you you got a further investigation, especially if this is something that you want to get to the bottom of or hold it on.
Speaker 2: Tocaus.
Speaker 4: She didn't even she didn't even say she asked her. She just said that she came here and said she wasn't there, she wasn't with her.
Speaker 2: So what happened next?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, she didn't she didn't see My pregnant mind.
Speaker 2: Is like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to build out the rest of the story. Now you really didn't know, I'm in true. Yeah, you didn't elaborate on it both. In fact, you ended it and said not once did she mention anything out of the ordinary happened.
Speaker 2: We're usually open books about this. And then you said that and that was it. I mean, right.
Speaker 4: Before she leaves to come back home, she goes and tell me how she wasn't really with the girl the whole trip and all this other.
Speaker 2: Guysip, what was the gossip?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what she said, So what was the gossip? What are you leaving out? And then yeah, like Naya said, did you talk to her at all? Did you you know you're trying to get to the bottom of it. Are you scared to do you? Do you not want her to flip out on you and leave you or like, what the hell are you and all of this, because if you're worried, if you're that worried about the vacation and everything, this definitely needs immediate attention. I mean, the fuck you're just gonna let the ship slide. And then she said, yeah she did. She said, my ex broke up with me two days before Valentine's Day twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what I'm saying. I'm like, nah, this that this y'all. Yeah, y'all did break up? So she broke up with you? Oh? Yeah, it was definitely somebody else.
Speaker 1: Definitely it was somebody else, whether it's one of the whole as sister's friends, whether it's somebody that that.
Speaker 2: She been dealing with. Yeah, don't nobody just come out of nowhere and fall out the fucking sky. Did she give you a reason why? Yeah? And have y'all talked about why y'all broke up?
Speaker 1: Like, did she say that y'all been you know, look, I've been a litt unhappy with you. I mean, you don't do the things you used to, you know, those type of things that leads up.
Speaker 2: To a breakup. Usually have y'all sat and.
Speaker 1: Talked about this shit, because this was all right, but it wasn't that goddamn juicy girl you leaving meet off the bones? Goddamn. So you gotta gotta hit me back up and update me and let me know about this, all right?
Speaker 2: All right? Cool? Yeah? And is it worth fighting for you? Gotta let me know that too. You want to read this one? Sure? Real? Because I don't understand? Go ahead, okay, Hey, jus love your podcast.
Speaker 4: I love you because you'd be fixing people mess even help me in some leaks. So today I need some help and try to make the story short.
Speaker 2: Here goes. Me and this girl met in Okay.
Speaker 1: Everybody gay out here, Oh my god, just keep on going with the story.
Speaker 4: Say, okay, we were together for almost a year, but she broke it off and.
Speaker 2: Started dating some guy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, See, everybody don't want to be gay all day?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: While doing so, she still was around me and everything, going out, having fun, et cetera. The nigga that she was dealing with knew about me as well. I knew what who his bitch as was. He would be all in my face and everything, like we was cool, but I couldn't trust him and I didn't go with my gut feeling. She broke it off with him after he stabbed himself in front all right.
Speaker 2: My good, he stabbed himself your friend? Oh shit? Oh wait? Did he die? Hold on?
Speaker 1: She broke it off with him after he said this south in front of her over a fight the head?
Speaker 2: Where are you doing this? This nigga stabbed herself to get her to be with him. Oh my god, right down? Yeah? Like what like? No, we don't do that. Okay.
Speaker 4: I get to work and no more than ten minutes into work, she caused, my phone, tells me what had happened. I left work and went right to her. She was scared and anxiety through the roof. I save with her that name to make sure she was okay and everything.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's it. Yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I gave y'all props two goddamn early, y'all ain't what So what the fuck you want to know?
Speaker 2: Shit? What did she want to know?
Speaker 1: I shan't ask me for no fucking advice. She told me the nigga stabbed herself. Stabbed herself because he saw her and the girl together, so he was like, oh shit, all right, this will get her back.
Speaker 2: Shank shank, shank, Like, what the fuck boy, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: So and then this is her ex girlfriend and she went to go support her after this time, and.
Speaker 2: Me, oh, so she went to go support her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know that is a lot. So yeah, it would have been confused as well as scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, confused. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like if you're willing to cause harm to yourself on some shit like that just to like profess your love or like to get a bit to see you, nigga, you obviously are in the wrong relationship. You need to do work on your damn self. I would never self inflict pain like that, like, you know, just to get somebody to see me. Nah, it's somebody out here, but I mean worth much more of your time and love and real efforts like then, just for somebody. And I'm not even saying that you required him to stab himself, because I don't want you to think like Jess.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell him to do it.
Speaker 1: No, you're damn right, you damn sure didn't, baby, But like you shouldn't want to really be with somebody like that either, You get what I'm saying, because those are type.
Speaker 2: Of people go and try, Oh, I'm a I'm suicide with the ex girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh who is writing me? The girl girlfriend was oh shy.
Speaker 4: Not the governor, because she went with the guy, and the guy and the girlfriend broke up with the guy and she got with some other nigga, and the nigga saw them together and said this, So.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, girl, you don't fucking run. You ain't get stabbed ship.
Speaker 1: Let her go and support her because she ain't crying about you while you supporting her for him getting stabbed, crying about him because he didn't die from stabbing.
Speaker 2: This dumb and self girl, go ahead run, you dodged the bullet. The fuck.
Speaker 1: Come on, gay girl, You's so many girls out here that you can go ahead and get that ain't gonna cheat on you with no nigga that ain't no seriously, and she broke up with you, and she broke up with you. Oh my god, Oh my god. Look this is old my fucking TV show. Now, this is bullshit. You ain't supposed to be sitting in We're going to the next story.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the fuck they's sitting in here talking about. It's just crazy now, insane. Come on, I don't know se alright he love? Is he? Alright? I don't give a fuck?
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 2: Alright? To max to you? What should need?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I man, shit, she went over there to support her in that time, to need while she trying to get over the stabbing, the self stabbing of a nigga who saw her with a bitch.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody got time for that? Ship?
Speaker 1: Girl back, get up, go to that bitch a box of tissues and sigh and all her bitches, so many, so much of a pussy out here.
Speaker 2: But that was very generous. Though, it was very generous. But it's very dumb too. You don't do that. Don't fucking do that. Alright, read the next one and then be out of here. All right.
Speaker 1: Now, we got a commercial, and if you click off of this podcast, I swear I'm gonna beat your ass.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hi Jess, congratulations to your beautiful but new joy as you pull up your stomach rain. Now let's get into it. So I have an issue that I don't even know if it's considered a mess. I have a friend that I call my sister that everyone keeps saying is a hater personally, do I feel that way, No, but my mom dad says the boyfriend, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Okay, do I feel that way?
Speaker 4: No, but my mom dad since the boyfriend and others have said she is so Within the last year, I've had a baby and bought a new house.
Speaker 2: That's when I noticed the behavior did a one eighty. We tug.
Speaker 4: The attacks still most days. That can sometimes stop for weeks. But it's like, since those two things happen in my life, she distanced herself for me. We have talked about the distance before and she kept blaming pregnancy. Well I'm not pregnant no more. And it's like, no matter what I invite her to, she has her excuses lined up. But then I get on Snapchat and she out with her other friends, where yeah, I don't feel like she's a hater, but I do feel like maybe we're growing apart and I'm holding on more than her. It's like, hit me up when the others don't show up.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, okay, yeah, I've seen things like this before. I yeah, absolutely, that's that's what it is. But you know, you want to write track baby girls. Some friends just grow apart, and you actually went through something like that too. Yeah, I haven't gone through that shit because I beat a bitch to fuck up.
Speaker 2: But I know, well I used to.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that now because I'm just not like that no more. But you know, this is in my younger days, Like, don't have a fucking play with me like that. But but this happens when you're younger. So I don't know how old you are or whatever, but this definitely happens.
Speaker 2: You can give us some insight on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, some people just don't like to see you doing better than them. Also when you're elevating, like you just say, you had a baby, you got a new house, like you're.
Speaker 2: Doing big things.
Speaker 4: So maybe she's not where she wants to be and it's making her feel some type of way because she sees you doing your thing and it's like, damn, I'm want to be there, you know. And some people use their friends who have more in an advantage of things as.
Speaker 2: A piggy big ride to success. You know, we're there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So I think like when you were doing your thing and then you probably like, oh, yeah, like where are you, She's just like, well, if you're not taking what you yeah, then I don't think yeah, yeah, and then yeah, that's definitely some making ship. And then with you having your baby and all that, she probably thought that that would depleach your success more than anything, because if you were younger, or if you're still youthful, then.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of people would be like she was.
Speaker 1: Probably counting on you the fall, like counting on your downfall, Like, oh, she's just gonna be another be mother. She's not gonna be able to move out, she's not be able to have her own she's not be able to have a job, and.
Speaker 2: That's know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And a lot of people really really want they want to hold you back to where they at you get them saying and where they are. But like, for instance, my little sister, her life has leveled up, the one that just read your story, Like, her life has leveled up in many ways, very very quickly before both of our eyes.
Speaker 2: And we both didn't see this coming. It's like, no, I'm playing I I already knew she was gonna be something, but yeah, like I she.
Speaker 1: You know this, this has happened. She's working, she's making her own fucking money, she's driving her own car, she has her own license, she pay her own moutfucking bills, she travels, she's in a gay relationship and it's amazing, all right, you don't gotta funk say, all right, And she's in a relationship and she's fucking happy, you know, for the first time in a long time in her life.
Speaker 2: Everything is really looking up for her.
Speaker 1: And some people couldn't come, you know, because some people felt like, oh damn, she left me.
Speaker 2: She could you know what I'm saying, Like, nah, my sister was going through.
Speaker 1: A bunch of shit before, you know, before her glory days, before she actually got to make her own money.
Speaker 2: She had to go through a lot of shit. And it's not my place to speak on it.
Speaker 1: She will tell more about that in the future and however she wants to do it, whether that's a podcast or a book or a TV show, whatever, But it's a lot of things she had to go through to get to where she is now. And she went through that by herself, and she went through things. Although she had friends along the way, she went through things and didn't even tell everybody a business because just being ashamed or embarrassed of certain things and just wanting to act like a lot of it wasn't affecting her because she never wanted sympathy from anybody. So like some people just can't cannot grow with you. Some people don't understand what it evolved. Like when an evolved person is whether it change Oh, oh money changed you?
Speaker 2: No money changed you.
Speaker 1: My money changed you because you expect for me to give it to you, and hell.
Speaker 2: And hell like she said, and hell no.
Speaker 1: So the next time you might want to listen to your brother, sister, cousin, uncle and aunt and others, all right, because I know this is your friend and I've lost friends along the way as well. I'm not even gonna act like I haven't. But that just comes with growing up and growing apart from people, and that happens.
Speaker 2: So just stay updated with us, but with.
Speaker 4: Congratulations to you though in your house your baby, ye be happy.
Speaker 1: Don't even worry about it, girl, I absolutely do not try not to worry about it. I notice your friend prior childhood friend, but leave her child to share.
Speaker 2: It's where the fuck she at? Period?
Speaker 1: Yep period, And just like that we come to yet the end of another Catholic reckless episode with your girl just hilarious.
Speaker 2: And nah yah and We'll be back next week.
Speaker 1: I'm if I'm reading from now on, y'all because I just until I get over the nausel. Sun sorry, so, oh my gosh, she just like me. She's crazy, but tune in next week. Peace Can't Believe Reckless is a production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.