Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: And the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys app. Now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Walls, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: And it is a terrific Tuesday inside the SWBC podcast studio. And this is Rams Week, all of a sudden, Bill Jones, Mickey Spagnola, Everson Walls, Savannah Humuller the star of our show. And look, look we have laptops.
Speaker 4: We have lap.
Speaker 2: We are so ready for your text messages, right, Savannah.
Speaker 5: We are more than ready.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 6: The crew is back bringing the text.
Speaker 5: Says, we got think pads.
Speaker 2: You need to move your microphone up closer to your mouth.
Speaker 5: I'm how much closer do I need to get?
Speaker 2: You were talking this way?
Speaker 4: Here we go, there go, there you.
Speaker 5: Go, says, we got think pads.
Speaker 2: That's what these are. They're they're they're think pads. That's very nice. We have think pads. You have to think. I have to figure out how I am.
Speaker 7: Going to be very distracted with this. You guys are going to be asking me what what were you talking about? I was checking myself usually on his phone the show now my phone.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well here we are, and did we all have a good week where we were elsewhere?
Speaker 4: Yes we did. I had a good time.
Speaker 2: You wanted to stay there or what?
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 7: I had to be on my toes and I like when you guys do all the talk, and I had to do some talking in that shell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you like to talk.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well you know they listen.
Speaker 5: They made you stay quiet. They didn't let you get it.
Speaker 7: They listen. Yeah, they listened to me. That's what I said.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's complaining, they listen to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So anything, nothing happened on Monday other than you tell us for Bell tell us.
Speaker 4: I know he's just waiting us. When somebody asked me a question.
Speaker 5: If somebody asked me what my drift.
Speaker 2: Was like, Okay, what game did you watch last night? Both?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: No, No, Rangers watch Rangers. I take, I take. Yeah, Well this is this is not just a baseball game.
Speaker 2: This is games. This is the Texas State champ Chairs about.
Speaker 6: Freaking okay, so give us the rundown. When did you go to Houston? Were you there on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I we have Cowboys Cowboys pregame show even when they don't play a game on Sunday morning at ten thirty, which I had to host here then and then here's the other issue. Here's the other issue. I'm ignoring that when the game is on I think it was on FS one.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it on one?
Speaker 2: Okay? There are restrictions as far as local TV. When we can come on the air after the game is over. It's like twenty minutes after their postgame show is when we can actually show highlights of the game. So when we have a Sunday night show and you know where, we're talking a variety of things, not just the Ranger game. I cannot be in Houston to host that show because we can't even be live there because we don't know when the game is going to end. That doesn't correlate with our schedule of ten thirty to eleven o'clock. So I stayed back in Dallas to be able to host that. Doug Dunbar, main anchor at CBS Texas, went down on so he played sports reporter down there, and I drove down on Monday. Once they won the nightly stuff, we don't have a thirty minute show or anything, and so it's easier to manage. And so I drove down yesterday, got done with the post game stuff at midnight, and got in my vehicle and drove back. I did. I got back at four am. Oh you know what. I love driving at night. Yeah, way right. There is no traffic. However, there's a lot of traffic in Dallas at four am for some reason.
Speaker 4: Really. Yeah, a big city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people get to go to work early.
Speaker 6: How was it was it?
Speaker 2: It was great. It's great. Well, I mean it was kind of anti climactic. They blew them out so badly, you know, but it was. It was fun seeing and hearing the Astros fans getting.
Speaker 7: Yes, I love the visual of all the Rangers fans still in the stage and there.
Speaker 2: Was a loud and you really didn't realize how many Rangers fans were there until all the Astros fans cleared out, and then there was they were chanting Let's go Rangers, and it was it was sounding throughout.
Speaker 5: You could hear it on TV.
Speaker 2: They tried it, the Ranger fans tried it like in the first or second inning, and then the Astro fans picked up on it and just said let's go Astros instead. But okay, I got a question for you, Dolus Garcia. Yes, and by the way, in baseball, if you strike out four times in the game, that it's called golden sombrero, a golden sombrero. That so get all of this. So back on Friday, he gets beamed by Brian Abrew of the Astros. Okay, drilled in the ribs on the purpose. Yeah, right. And so then and now Toovey hits a home run in the ninth inning to win that game. So now the Rangers are down three games to two. They go to Houston Game six, and then in Game six on Sunday night, what we forget or I forgot? He struck out four straight times. He had done the golden sombrero before he hit the Grand Slam to put the exclamation point on what was a nine to two win. So then what does he do last night? He goes four for five with two home runs and five RBIs. So after he done the golden sombrero striking out four straight times, he goes five for six with three home runs and a golden sombrero. Better Garcia. But my question is, and I thought of this as I think it was. Was it Thursday night when Dak was at the game and they showed a shot at Dak at least in the in the ballpark they I assume they did on TV also, And about that time, A Doles goes into the gap and he runs down a ball and I'm like, I think, Godoles Scarcia could be a pretty good NFL wide receiver.
Speaker 4: That was nice.
Speaker 2: And he looked up the side. He's six one, two hundred five pounds, and then I thought, well, he could be a wide receiver, or he could be a running back.
Speaker 5: He could defensive Deebo Samuel, he could be That's what I thought him.
Speaker 2: De Samuel. Have you seen him throw? Yes, he's got one of the best arms in football. He could be a quarterback. So I've got guarantee you or I doubt that he's ever even you.
Speaker 4: Know, I'll say this when he's.
Speaker 2: Growing up in Cuba. I don't think there's either playing a lot of football down there.
Speaker 7: Game six, his last at bat, I think that that grand slam. When he hit that grand slam, I knew we were going to win Game seven. That was it. I knew we were going to win Game seven. Something about that grand slam that hurt. That hurt the Astros really bad because he was already over.
Speaker 2: But I mean, but it was it was a it was four to two going into that ninth inning. They got a run. It was a five run inning, and he kept it with grand slam.
Speaker 7: I thought that that grand slam in Game six turning point.
Speaker 4: It was the turning point.
Speaker 7: I knew that we were gonna win Game seven after that, to me, it was a fourgone conclusion.
Speaker 5: He finally quit saint swinging out of his shoes when he struck out four times. And he came in and then people were still Boone and Boone and Boone, and I don't know about you guys, but I talked to my TV.
Speaker 4: And uh, I talked to people in the room. I mean, but they're not in the room with.
Speaker 5: No one to wash it with me, right, And he came up that next time, and I don't remember what the count was when he hit the grand slam, but I yelled at my TV at of Doles, I said, hit this as out of the park. Next pitch, he hit it out of the park.
Speaker 4: That hurt. That really did hurt the Astro. You could just see it.
Speaker 7: I mean it was first of all, it was an exclamation point to how they were treating him. Okay, he was like, that was a it was a middle finger. That was the middle finger to the Astros fans right there and to the Astros themselves because.
Speaker 2: They were getting the more the booze were going and getting louder and louder with every strikeout.
Speaker 7: Now I think they felt if they I think if he would not they felt so good about each strikeout. I thought that that's that was something that they could hang on to as a team and a fan.
Speaker 4: We hold this guy down because he's a joke his head. Yeah, we're in his head now, so we'll be okay.
Speaker 7: As far as the powers concerned, he came into after the Grand Slam. That's when they let him off the hook. What did I we all who we thought they were. They let them off the hook. And that's what happened at that point because going into the next game, what did he do first?
Speaker 4: At bet Yeah, he was ready.
Speaker 7: And then I think they talked about the adjustment they made on the swings in regards to Javier's.
Speaker 5: Fastball, getting the hands, getting my hands.
Speaker 4: Over, and when Seger came out boom. That was it. And then when when the dolls came out, By.
Speaker 2: The way, that starting pitcher for the Astros last year in the World Series, Favier, Yeah, he threw a combined no hitter.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I tallied it up, and through four innings last night, the Astros had thrown one. Five different Astros pitchers had thrown one hundred ten pitches. I was going, why is this game going so long? And they threw one hundred and ten pitches in the first four innings of the game. And this is the same pitching staff that threw a combined no hitter in the World Series. This was the opposite of a no hitter.
Speaker 5: And then well, the first game he pitched, he had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did pitch. He pitched well into the fifth inning.
Speaker 4: Into the fifth They thought he was going to be the answer. He was not.
Speaker 2: So I got one question for you. What the heck happened in the San Francisco game.
Speaker 4: I was watching that.
Speaker 2: I was watching the Ranger game. I'm obviously at the game, and I had forgotten that it was a Monday. I forgot there's even a football game going on. And then someone my likes and then someone said the Vikings beat the Niners. I went, oh, yeah, how about that happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, I take.
Speaker 5: They turned the ball over. And if you think back to what we talked about going into that game the Cowboys San Francisco, we talked about get a lead and make Purty play from behind, and he's not the same quarterback playing from behind. He ended up turning the ball over.
Speaker 4: And their running game is not where it needs to be right now.
Speaker 2: That's because they either Yeah, and they didn't have Trent Williams either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, her cousins had a lot of time in the pocket.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 6: He had a lot of time to throw the ball and break some tackles.
Speaker 4: They were not afraid.
Speaker 5: Whoever heard of and excuse me? What was the guy's name? Jordan Addison?
Speaker 4: Addison a rookie, A rookie first round draft pick.
Speaker 2: He was first.
Speaker 5: Maybe I blitanikoff.
Speaker 2: Word winner as a sophomore at Pitt and transferred to Lincoln Riley's USC Trojans. By the way, how they're doing right now? Ye? So he was Caleb Williams. How come we top receiver?
Speaker 5: I haven't heard everything about him until this game.
Speaker 2: Well, because Justin Jefferson played for the Vikings and before this game.
Speaker 4: And that that's both a lot on the field the same.
Speaker 7: That says a lot that they beat them without Justin Johnson.
Speaker 5: That was that was a they have been on the field the same time, but Justin Jefferson's on the ace, so maybe they discovered something. Then yeah, they they're I mean, they only scored twenty two points, but their offense was moving. They're just waiting for Cousins to make his normal.
Speaker 2: Pro so he can play in primetime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he can win a game.
Speaker 4: Was that his first primetime win?
Speaker 7: Because everyone talks about how bad well he's always been.
Speaker 5: His record is not very good in prime time?
Speaker 7: Well, right, he had three hundred and fifty plus yards. That was impressive against a very good defense. So San Francisco's defense, I don't think they were missing anyone, so for no so for them to move it on them. They made some mistakes where they kicked themselves in the foot a couple of times, but it would have been worse than that.
Speaker 5: If you were if you were Minnesota, would you have kicked that field goal with a minute to go or would you have run some time off the clock with some sort of play And I mean punt is what I meant, because I was thinking, don't kick this field goal because you're going to give them time to come back. You gotta trust him with a touchdown, you gotta trust and get beat.
Speaker 4: You gotta trust him. All right.
Speaker 2: Well, we're just getting started on this edition of mix Shots, and uh there's some breaking news and involving the Cowboys opponent this week, and we will talk about when we come back here on mix Shots.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks white.
Speaker 5: It's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped flapt He'll run full a punch stown.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp crunch that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday, Mornal Swag, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's Greatest School. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three miliber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas, shots.
Speaker 6: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And text line is opening, right, Savannah.
Speaker 6: It is open?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: You goring them in?
Speaker 2: Do you get two laptops to keep track of them?
Speaker 5: What's your computer? Do they come in on both?
Speaker 1: This one?
Speaker 5: I think this one has X?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, X, all right.
Speaker 4: We kind haven't stopped staying Twitter.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm protesting Twitter. I was one of the early people to sign up on Twitter some fifteen years ago, however long it was, and now it's I don't like it as much, all right? The breaking news from Los Angeles this morning. We have a breaking news sounder, but on our bomb, but on.
Speaker 5: Our bomb.
Speaker 4: Way to go. He couldn't find anything quick enough. Goods out.
Speaker 2: The Los Angeles Rams have released Placekicker Brett Maher. Do you have any reaction, Mickey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't say it on there, No kidding.
Speaker 2: That's not what you said.
Speaker 4: That's why I.
Speaker 5: Said I can't say it.
Speaker 2: He missed two field goals, albeit they were fifty one and fifty three yard field goals that he missed in Sunday's game for the Rams, and he missed an extra point. And they are signing placekicker Lucas haverisik off the Cleveland Browns practice squad. So there you have. And that is the Cowboys opponent this week, the Los Angeles Rams. Okay, we met with silence there. Let's move on to other things.
Speaker 4: There was another signing.
Speaker 5: That's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Wasn't there another signing?
Speaker 2: Another signing?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: The trade? Yes, trade.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the trade deadline is one week from today in Halloween. And yesterday the Eagles trade for Kevin Bayard, the safety from the Tennessee Titans, who is not quite at Everson Walls level as a total number of interceptions in his career.
Speaker 4: But bring down man.
Speaker 2: He can pick off a pass.
Speaker 5: So why would the Titans trade them?
Speaker 2: Have you seen the Titans this year?
Speaker 5: They're just starting already to shed Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're shedding. They don't have a quarterback buyers and wasn't happy they wanted him to take a pay cut to help facilitate a trade, and so apparently there's maybe some incentives in a new contract and he went. So he was disgruntled.
Speaker 5: Because they really they got a player in draft choice, like two draft choices. I think I saw another safety from Philadelphia who wasn't playing.
Speaker 2: I thought it was yes, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yes, So what you're going to hear from all of the cowboy haters they're well not haters, but they're going to be a cowboy fans who want us to just create magic at any moment. How answer that, how can the Eagles pull off a trade like this and the Cowboys can't?
Speaker 4: Because you're always going to hear that from cowboy fans.
Speaker 5: Well, the question already came up on McCarthy's conference call yesterday, said, well, the Philadelphia Eagles made a trade, what about you guys? And his answer was, I wasn't aware of the trade. But it's that time of year. I've never been really motivated by what other teams are doing, meaning just because they traded, now we got to go trade? When I was asked a question. I asked a question back, Okay, what position you're trading for?
Speaker 6: And then to add on to that. Today, Jerry Jones on one of five to three the Fan, They asked him about the trade deadline and he said, I would really I would really extend to improve our team right now because I think we have a team that's a contender.
Speaker 5: So okay, so what do they need?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm sure Philly could say the same thing. They didn't necessarily need.
Speaker 5: Well, no, they had some injuries.
Speaker 2: That injury issue at safety had any and by the way, it was Terrell Edmunds, a veteran safety who was traded to the Titans. And they also traded twenty twenty four fifth and sixth round picks along with Terrell Edmunds to the Titans for Buyer.
Speaker 5: But like I said, what are you trading for?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, so yeah, looking forward for the Cowboys right now, with eleven games to go in the regular season plus presumably the postseason, what is it? What position group needs to be either add someone for some juice right now or just to fortify the position because you want to make sure that you've got enough for what is basically a college football season still to be played this season.
Speaker 5: Eleven games, right, The first thing that came to mind for me was a linebacker in lieu of Layton Vanderish being out. But there had to be some reason why they signed Rashaan Evans.
Speaker 2: Who had one hundred and fifty seven tackles for Atlanta last year and started every game for him, So so that that was a move that they made, right, but they but it's not sexy because he has behind this well and it wasn't a trade from another team, and well, the question is why was he out there of it? Right? And we're going to find out out. Yeah, we're going to find out uh here the second half of the season or while vander ash is out, whether it happens has something dope? What position groups you're looking too?
Speaker 5: Sotify?
Speaker 6: So after linebacker, I'm thinking, I'm I'm wide receiver from you think wide receiver?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I think we Well, now I'm not talking about any wide receiver, but if you can get a wide receiver and I'm looking at I'm, you know, correlating with what I just saw with Philly.
Speaker 4: This guy's an all pro. So if I'm if.
Speaker 7: We could do it, then we could do get an All Pro, I'd get another All Pro wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Then we're not talking any names here.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, So when was.
Speaker 5: Buyered last All Pro or Pro Bowl?
Speaker 2: That will be something one According to Procure, twenty seventeen Yams also All Pro.
Speaker 5: So that was his rookie year. You know, if I was looking at a position other than linebacker, and so they looked at it also running back.
Speaker 6: That's what I thought.
Speaker 5: Would you like to expound on that.
Speaker 6: I just think we add a little bit, you know, extra to the run game. You know, we have obviously some great guys out there, but I think you can't rely heavily on just one person. And that's what we've been doing a lot of is, you know, although we've had a couple other guys get in there. But I think that would add a little extra plus to what we're looking for.
Speaker 2: I have one person in mind that I'm not at liberty to say who that person is. But I like the running back situation where Pollard was able to be used like Pollard's been used. Not to say Pollard can't do what he's doing right now, but I think he could use uh some help those gritty yards up the middle that I know.
Speaker 4: You did not thinking the battle.
Speaker 5: Neither one of us wanted to go.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying names.
Speaker 4: I didn't say anybody.
Speaker 7: Well, the no name person had one touchdown. There were two touchdowns in the last two games.
Speaker 4: So that had no name person, anybody's name. I didn't say anybody's name even yeah, they said no.
Speaker 5: Name because that team's not going anymore.
Speaker 4: But here's one team.
Speaker 2: Here's a question. What do you mean I think they won recently? Why I think they beat my Super Bowl team?
Speaker 4: Who is they?
Speaker 2: But at the running back position, you have Hollard doubt All, Deuce Davis. So if you're adding a running back, you're subtracting a running back to You're not Hunter lipke is Well who can also carry a.
Speaker 4: Flat And once again.
Speaker 7: Trying to correlate, if you're going to get one, then have one with something behind his name.
Speaker 4: Don't just get a running back.
Speaker 7: Get a running back that has something better if we're going to compare the moves.
Speaker 2: Another thing I was thinking about, look at San Francisco last night. They didn't have Deebo Samuel they and he was hurt the week before. Also, okay, San Francisco is a different team without Deebo.
Speaker 4: Say, no doubt, and.
Speaker 2: I would be looking at San Francisco. What's San Francisco doing what they do? A year ago at this time they added Christian McCaffrey and they went until last week without losing a game, basically for a full year. I'd keep an eye on San Francisco. They could be looking at a wide receiver of the same kind of ilk that you're talking about, you know, just to fortify that position, and they can figure out how to use them in the mix. And maybe the Cowboys need look the same.
Speaker 5: Way at a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to it. You know, you can make it, you can make My issue is what if you lose a certain player.
Speaker 5: Well, you can do that at any position.
Speaker 2: That's right, and but you can also make it work as it's if you have that certain player, you can you can enhance the weaponry that you have on offense.
Speaker 4: And that's what the forty nine ers did. They enhanced them last year.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, it's I think it's harder to add a wide receiver halfway through the season than other positions. I think it's easier to add a running back like the Rams just did after losing two of theirs, and they signed Darryl Henderson. That kind of reminded me of the playoff game the Cowboys lost to them when they see j Anderson off the couch and then he ran for one hundred and some yards against the Cowboys in that playoff game when they went for I think they're still gaining.
Speaker 4: Has he done anything since?
Speaker 5: I don't think. I don't even know if he's playing. No Anderson, No he's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: He said, let me take let me, let me take this performance and definitely retire.
Speaker 2: But the Cowboys have done this in the past at mid season where they have added a WOW player that I think Nate and Frisco is texting in saying that a WOW player doesn't come free.
Speaker 5: You're right exactly.
Speaker 2: And the Cowboys have done it in the past, going back to two thousand and eight when they traded for Roy Williams and gave up a first round draft pick.
Speaker 5: How that turnout?
Speaker 2: And then in twenty seventeen Amuri Cooper and they gave.
Speaker 4: Up that was out of necessity, But how did it turn out? It turned very well?
Speaker 2: There you go, Mackey wouldn't gonna say to that.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm looking for the necessity.
Speaker 7: The necessity, the fact that we're not undefeated, the fact that we're still trying to compete. Okay, I mean is always going to be there you want to you're not going to be status quote right here?
Speaker 5: What position?
Speaker 4: I already told.
Speaker 5: You my position, wide receiver, I said, wide receiver. Yeah, so who you canning?
Speaker 4: Adams?
Speaker 5: Do what Adam Adams.
Speaker 4: We're not saying names.
Speaker 5: No, I'm saying I'm saying who you're canning, who you're letting go?
Speaker 7: Okay, Oh, we could pick one. I don't care. I really don't care. If we come with a superstar wide receiver, then we could you pick your you know, you pick it.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I'll let anybody pick.
Speaker 5: What are you giving up?
Speaker 4: But I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, let's make it work. If you want to set up here, you want to talk about what we have. I don't know what the hell we have, But we asked me those kinds of quest I'm just asking you. I'm saying, we got a wide receiver there, and we could get a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Let's get the wide receiver work. Out the details later. I'm not Jerry Jones.
Speaker 2: The price for the Pro Bowl wide receiver in the past has been a first round round pick next year's first round for draft pick. Now it may not be the price these cas because there's salaries at play a factor in it.
Speaker 5: You guys told me for Jordan Addison.
Speaker 7: You guys told you guys told me about that.
Speaker 4: That was a joke.
Speaker 5: That was a joke, Yeah, just joking.
Speaker 7: You guys told me about this deal about getting extra picks because your front office did a great job.
Speaker 5: Is that well, if if your coaches get hired as a general manager or a.
Speaker 2: Head coach, it's the diversity hiring planning the national.
Speaker 4: And you said Philly had acquired some some.
Speaker 5: San Francisco, San Francisco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, San Francisco. So they had extra draft picks they.
Speaker 2: Will the next couple of years which they can use for trade.
Speaker 5: So we shouldn't be allowed to trade those.
Speaker 2: All right, We continue with more mixed shots. There's so much more to get to and we come back at home.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed Forces. Since the Civil War, fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtime followed by Monday morning swagger, brisky in the smoker, Miller Light and the Cup the America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miliberal and Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The frush stout who looks white, It's not there. He escaped, flapped.
Speaker 5: He'll run for punch down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com. I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of del delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping.
Speaker 2: Of school Pepsi.
Speaker 9: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 5: To mixed shots.
Speaker 6: It's spooky season at the Star. Join us on Saturday, October twenty eighth for a Halloween spooctacular brought to you by Mars Candy Trick or Treat from thirty plus restaurants and shops in the Star District, plus enjoy a performance from a magician, spooky tunes from a live DJ, crafts for the kids, and more out on the Toasty Does Championship Plaza. This event is free and open to the public. Visit thestardistrict dot com.
Speaker 5: For more information.
Speaker 2: When is it again?
Speaker 6: This is this coming Saturday, October twenty eighth. Here at the start, we're all ready to October Halloween.
Speaker 2: Halloween trade deadline is Halloween. It's a week from today. Oh, spooky now Boys, Booming now Boys fans be trick or treated on Tuesdays.
Speaker 4: Well, uh, I'm sure someone will have that title.
Speaker 11: Exactly directly, Mickey, exactly like he didn't hear you, Yeah, he hears.
Speaker 6: We have a text. Okay, So, as we were just talking about who we think are players if we do have the trade deadline, who who were swapping? We have a fan who thinks left tackle or right guard because what is the receiver running back to you if you can't block for him?
Speaker 5: Mickey, Well, the Cowboys just made two additions to the practice squad with the offensive guard.
Speaker 2: By the way, who's going to be the new starting right guard?
Speaker 5: Well, he's a guard, that's all wants.
Speaker 2: To get rid of the future Hall of Fame white guard on this team.
Speaker 5: Cliff Glazer undrafted twenty twenty two from Virginia and Adam Pankey undrafted twenty seventeen from West Virginia.
Speaker 2: Who is with the Peckers at one point sign.
Speaker 5: The practice they signed him to practice squad.
Speaker 2: I think it's pank n k yy, panky or panky.
Speaker 5: Two guys, and then they also sainting.
Speaker 2: Than a linebacker Hill.
Speaker 4: Champagne.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know what, he didn't He didn't drink, but it was like, officer, I'm sorry, I didn't have anything to drink, but by osmosis it into my body.
Speaker 2: This is not for you, Savannah, because you're too young. But did y'all ever watch a newlywed game? Of course what they always they always talked about, hanky panky. Anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 5: They also signed linebacker Buddy Johnson, a fourth round from Dallas twenty one at A and M he Texas A and M Dallas Roosevelt I think, and a tight end Eric Sabbitt Sabbit.
Speaker 2: Sabb It s A U B E R T no E T.
Speaker 5: Sabbit fifth round pick twenty seventeen. I didn't even know they were playing football at Drake still thought it was a basketball school. And they ended up cutting Alex Taylor, offensive tackle who they had signed off a practice squad last year and put him on the practice squad this year. And Michel Jones had been here very long. Linebacker October fourth Buddysen is not from Roosevelt.
Speaker 2: He's from Kimball High School.
Speaker 5: So those guys got released off the Cowboys practice squad. They had a couple of spots already.
Speaker 2: They had lost Sean Harlowe, remember they had turned into the practice squad, and he went to the Giants. The Giants are really hurting on their offensive They were picking up well, wasn't he their practice squad guy at one point in his career? Last year he started games with Arizona Arizona, but he was with the Giants earlier. And so they just the last week the Giants signed like three offensive linemen off practice squads. They're hurting so bad on their offensive line, and yet they won fourteen to seven over Washington.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, sir, talking about the offensive line, how many sacks have we given up this year?
Speaker 4: I mean, is absorbing them out?
Speaker 5: I mean we were not Washington.
Speaker 2: Have you seen any times that Sam Housman sacked. Yes, it's incredible.
Speaker 5: Giving up fifteen sacks fourteen to one Cooper Rush and the opponents have sixteen sacks, meaning their quarterback.
Speaker 4: Okay, so.
Speaker 5: Not great. Got to do a better job. And you guys weren't here yesterday.
Speaker 4: But that's what.
Speaker 5: Nate was talking about. The offensive line got to get healthy and got to get more continuity.
Speaker 7: They've been playing together for two two weeks, two consecutive weeks.
Speaker 2: Sam Hell has been sacked forty times. No, yes, in seven games, the Washington quarterback has been sacked forty times.
Speaker 5: So if we fact that out over seventeen games, forty its almost six was half, it would be thirty eighty.
Speaker 2: To eighty.
Speaker 5: Now I's gonna say if you doubled it, that would be eighty sacks, right, and then an extra game or two. So he's on pace for about ninety sacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man, Yeah, yeah, you're off if if.
Speaker 7: That's usually something I would do, that's blurting out numbers. You've been hitting the head too many times, Chris.
Speaker 5: And he didn't get dallast with Champagne last night.
Speaker 4: I did an accident.
Speaker 2: Just forty times.
Speaker 4: To eighty.
Speaker 2: That's my bad, forty times seventeen of it.
Speaker 5: He'd be in a body bank.
Speaker 2: Forty times seventeen. Oh man, that doesn't get you to to eighty forty times seven, does doesn't it?
Speaker 5: Time?
Speaker 6: Seventeen six eighty stops.
Speaker 2: It's done with math for the dusk stop Christs. Producer Supreme is the producer supreme. He is not the statistic.
Speaker 4: My wife's the encount in the family.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Mickey, what else you got on your legal pad there? It's been so long since we've been together, it has you got to hear what's on your mind. On Mickey's mind.
Speaker 5: If you think that, consider the San Francisco two games. The only teams with the top records in the NFL right now are Philadelphia and Kansas City at six and one, And then there's about seven seven teams, six teams at five and two, and the Cowboys are part of the seven teams with only two losses.
Speaker 2: And there's several teams that went from one in five to two and five this week. This is a week where things bunched up.
Speaker 5: So what happened to the Cowboys during the bye is Philadelphia picked up a half a game on them, and Washington, which was in third place one game behind the Cowboys lost, So the Cowboys picked up a half a game on the Commanders. We're not going to worry about the Giants winning one. They're still two and five.
Speaker 2: Have we talked about the upcoming schedule? Did we do that last week?
Speaker 5: I believe we did okay.
Speaker 2: Well, just as a run factor. That got what Philadelphia's got coming up here. I saw that they got Washington this week, they got Dallas, They've got well, they've got the Cowboys December schedule Philadelphia has in November. Basically, however, as a Texter pointed out last week, the NFL did them a favor because they get to play those games at home, some of those big games. But this is the point in the season here in November, that late October November and leading up to the Seattle game, going into the philadelphiame, which would be the first game in December. The Cowboys need to make some hay here.
Speaker 7: I was looking at San fran not to get two off the subject, but they have a rocky road coming up as well, especially since they lost two in a row. Man, They've got like three tough games coming up, and one of them on the road, they're gonna have they're gonna have a tough time climbing out this whole.
Speaker 5: See, the whole secret to this whole thing is keeping your offensive line healthy. You mentioned San Francisco, Trent Williams was out, Debo was out. But if you look at the teams that have kept their offensive lines together, and.
Speaker 2: Look at the Cowboys when they played Arizona and they didn't three starting offensive linemen.
Speaker 5: Two of which that replaced, were starting their first games in their NFL career, and it showed.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, fortify the offensive line.
Speaker 4: Well, I believe he said that.
Speaker 5: Think about Think about now, when didn't Tuma miss the last game? Wouldn't he hurt?
Speaker 2: But he's been seems like you've been battling something.
Speaker 5: So what did they What did they have for backups? Basically awesome Richards either rookies, two of them, right, bass and awesome Richards. And then you bring somebody off the practice squad, the backup center off the practice squad, and they had to sign him because he was out of call ups. So yeah, but again, no one has enough offensive lineman to you know, say Okay, yeah, well we'll give you somebody capable.
Speaker 4: I thought they did well this past game.
Speaker 5: It was better. Yeah, the running game wasn't. I don't want my quarterback being the leading rusher.
Speaker 2: How much would an improved running game help your passing game? Is that them? Is that the key to But you look around the league, you know there is only one consistency. You look around the league. I mean, we saw Christian McCaffrey against Dallas and he's got set a new record with sixteen straight games with a touchdown, but his yards per carry have not been great at all the last three games, including against the Cowboys. But you look around the league and there aren't a lot of top high rushing totals across the league this year for some reason. Last year there was last week one back in the league had one hundred yards rushing. That was Kenneth Walker with Seattle.
Speaker 5: So, just off top of your head, what do you think where the Cowboys are ranked offensively? Total total yards totally yards.
Speaker 4: In the entire league?
Speaker 5: Yep, through thirty two, eighth try sixteenth, the Rams who they have to play sixth?
Speaker 2: Now what's the Rams passing yards? You have that in front of.
Speaker 5: You yes, I do. They're ranked seventh. What do you think the Cowboys passing yards are ranked?
Speaker 4: I'm not too optimistic.
Speaker 5: Now nineteenth twentieth, very good, very good. Savannah wins, so that kind of tells you, you know, their their run game total is tenth, although it hasn't been that consistent over the last two games, but twentieth in passing, so to me, and I believe that's when I wrote it last Friday, it's like, you got to get this passing game going right some way. Yeah, it's a wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Kansas City acquired gold Hardman who wasn't doing anything with the Jets.
Speaker 4: They got him, brought him.
Speaker 5: Back, you know, And I understand that there was extenuating circumstances in maybe the first three games with getting out to a lead against the Giants, and then its raining getting off to a lead against the Jets, and you really didn't want to have to push it.
Speaker 2: No offensive lineman against the Cardinals, so you didn't want.
Speaker 4: To push it.
Speaker 5: Then you got up ahead of New England and it was like, well, let's just get this game over with. But when you needed it, you didn't have it, almost didn't have it enough against the Chargers, and Dak had a really good game, probably his best game of the of the year.
Speaker 2: According to Pro Football Focus, it was the highest graded quarterback performance. Asked me that I didn't need Pro Football.
Speaker 4: Focus for that, right, Yeah, we didn't need them. We don't want them.
Speaker 5: It's got to use your eyes sometimes.
Speaker 7: I thought that I mentioned it on the other show, uh, and I talked to you guys about it before we broke last week. I wanted this team to be able to win however they can. I don't care about stats.
Speaker 4: I don't care where we stand in our running before it's passing. I want this team to be able.
Speaker 7: To win every way that they can. If I have to win by playing defense, then let's win it. If I have to run again, run the run the ball more often, then we're going to do it, even though we don't show that we can. If I have to pass the ball, then we're going to do that. I want this I don't want this team to be front runners. I want them to be that tough team that everyone's bragging about right now, like the Ravens.
Speaker 2: What y'all looking, what are the Cowboys in points per game?
Speaker 5: I'd have to look at it.
Speaker 4: I just saw.
Speaker 2: The fifth in the league, and.
Speaker 4: Uh points, now that I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: What are they in rushing yards per game? What their tenth in the league. I just saw that on James Slater's report on NFL.
Speaker 7: That's to you just said, that's right. I hear your spa.
Speaker 4: I heard you.
Speaker 2: I was watching.
Speaker 4: I heard I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Listening to you.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll see. There you go. You're messing around with national stuff pro football.
Speaker 4: You've got your local mayor right here, got go.
Speaker 5: And if you got to win by kicking field goals, then let's do that too. Good with that, That's right, Aubrey. So they The record could be on the line this week for most consecutive made field goals to start a career. He's got sixteen. The record's eighteen. Do you know who that's by in the entire history of the league. Oh, okay, not the Cowboys. It's eighteen by in twenty fifteen. It just happened eight years ago, Tucking Travis Coons. I believe it was Cleveland.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was hoping one of you guys said, oh yeah, I thought Bill was gonna come with his life, with his background.
Speaker 2: He wasn't in the Big Green notebook, all right, And okay, if I if I remember the show, but Mickey's.
Speaker 5: Gonna remember correctly this mix Shots. His streak was broken by a block field goal.
Speaker 4: Bye, I don't know how we held on for that.
Speaker 5: I was just going to tell you that's how it got broken. Could have been more. You can't blame him for the block, can't you.
Speaker 2: True, Well, well, he has the most receptions through the first seven career games in NFL history, with fifty eight, most receptions through the first career games in NFL history.
Speaker 5: Not cool, And you're going to see him on Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right, and we'll be talking about him as the week continues here on mix Shots, Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboy Always put off Off.
Speaker 2: How you go