Speaker 1: All right, you're in for a special one today. It's a brand new episode here on Britain. Jeffrey second day of day Dan, Oh yeah, we do not do these very often, thank the Lord. But it's happening today.
Speaker 2: Brook breaks you up. Yes, I oh.
Speaker 1: God, you just wish you had my services earlier in your twenty thank Yeah. Okay, before we get to it, comments.
Speaker 3: Yes, Brian Alvarez said, your favorite state of Florida.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: I'm on my third trip around the Brook and Jeffrey universe.
Speaker 3: I start at the latest episode available and play you guys constantly in the background of my life until I get to the end.
Speaker 2: Then I start again, he says, my third time started day. It is crazy.
Speaker 4: I wonder how many new ones he hears by the time it gets to the end of the restart, right, and how long it takes, gets like ten new second dates and it starts over.
Speaker 1: I hope that takes months.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I want to know the mental state from when you started when you finish now physical Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Keep doing it, so something's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well wow, that is incredible.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for being here, and really truly thank you for all that support.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 4: How do you deliver bad news to someone that you really care about? Man gently? I guess if you're a Lexis, you shrink down, apologize profusely, Yeah, and then run away before they ever make eye contact with you. Exactly, Yeah, if you can get it out. But you know what, that strategy isn't going to work today, because what we need is a fearless, fire breathing monster with a delicate feminine touch and glasses so big she can see the reflection of your soul in them before she sucks it out of your body and last directly in your face. So well, John, maybe over selling it just a little bit, but this is a second that could go down as this year's most explosive confrontation that will have all year long. It's a brand new edition of Brook Breaks You Up.
Speaker 2: I enjoy this.
Speaker 4: I don't fear the monster coming up right after this? Hey, Brook, can you break us up?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 4: It breaks you up? Welcome back, So Brook breaks you up.
Speaker 1: I didn't think this segment could get more cringey for me.
Speaker 2: It comes out of the intro.
Speaker 4: It's awesome, Joe, I know, Brook, you said sure so excitedly, at the thought of breaking somebody up.
Speaker 2: Prepared for a breakup today, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Well, one of our listeners is Because if you haven't heard this segment before, one of our listeners identifies the harshest person on our show, Brook Fox, and asks her to do their dirty work for them.
Speaker 1: I do think that you shouldn't stay with someone if you're not into the relationship anymore. I've watched too many friends stay in longtime relationships that we're a waste of their time.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't cite your therapist here. Brook. The Brook is the perfect person for this because she has broken up with hundreds of dudes over the years for totally selfish reasons and feels no remorse about it whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I don't actually yeah, so Brook.
Speaker 1: On the other side, I've also been dumped many, many, many times.
Speaker 4: Yes, she knows how it feels, and she knows exactly what to say. So, Brook, are you ready to help one of our listeners blindside his significant other and break off their relationship.
Speaker 2: She's not gonna see it coming, because a.
Speaker 4: Guy named Jack has emailed our show saying he wants to break up with his sweet, lovely girlfriend Melanie, who's a hospice nurse and rescues kittens in her free times Angel cry.
Speaker 2: Please tell me that part isn't true.
Speaker 4: If I don't know if any of what I said is actually true, it's just blind guess. But we will find out when we speak to Jack directly. Jack, was any of my guesses about your girlfriend right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 4: I didn't even get the name right. What's there soon to be ex girlfriend's name?
Speaker 3: Her name is Megan? Megan?
Speaker 2: Okay, why can't you do this yourself?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 1: Maybe we don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's so be easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe maybe you're gonna not like her broke.
Speaker 1: I liked every Megan I've ever met.
Speaker 4: Maybe that'll change. Here, tell us the story of you and Meghan and why it's not meant to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, I actually have tried several times to break it off myself, and I've been meaning to call this show for a minute because Brooke, I mean, it's just you're so good at it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's not, I hear you.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, you've tried many times, as in you've chickened out at the last second, or she is just refusing to leave as your girlfriend.
Speaker 5: I guess a little of both, more so the last one, because I mean I hadn't said the words out loud, but I think she has like a little spidy sensors and can see it coming and then change the subject or like we'll go do something like that. She knows I like, and it's really fine, and so she's never the right time.
Speaker 4: Well, good news is you don't have to talk. Brooke gets to do all that for you. But maybe we need to give her a little bit of ammunition, like what do you think cause the downfl Like what's the reason for the breakup? What caused the downfall of your relationship?
Speaker 5: So I thought that opposite the tract and at the beginning of the relationship, and you know, I'm more laid back, and she's like really intense.
Speaker 4: Oh God, in person, you don't have to you get to this is an honor that you get to have.
Speaker 1: And so how is that affecting your relationship negatively?
Speaker 5: She's just a little scary and the thought of being with her is a little even more scary than not.
Speaker 1: So how long have you been together, Jack, you and.
Speaker 5: Her for a couple months? Oh?
Speaker 1: Not that long?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I could break that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I should be clear. We've been officially boyfriend and girlfriend for a few months, but we've been dating on an offer the last like year.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's been rocky from the start if it was on and off. I don't know if this is pertinent to anyone else, but I need to know what I'm working with here.
Speaker 2: Do you guys use the I love you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Ah, but okay, you use it, but you don't like mean it wholeheard.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like an obligation.
Speaker 4: I see. So how long do you want to keep the act going? You can't keep it going forever. And you said that You've tried to broach this conversation with Megan before and it just you you just can't get it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And at the beginning of the relationship with the intensity factor, intimacy in the bedroom was great, but now it's just like nothing, like just dead. And it's really weird because like, I've tried everything. I even tried talking to her during foreplay, which I never do.
Speaker 3: I never do.
Speaker 4: All of these details when this is making you want to break them up more, isn't it, Brooke?
Speaker 2: I mean, it sounds like she's not satisfied either. Yeah, why would she want.
Speaker 1: To be in this relation.
Speaker 2: You can do a separate segment or Brook gives advice on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Jeff, there's a chance that Brooke does this and your girlfriend actually cheers in happiness when Brook says it.
Speaker 5: So I don't think she's going to do that. I'm just going to tell you that right now. She can be really harsh and super blunt.
Speaker 4: Some people also just like need to be in a relationship. Yeah, Like even if she's not happy, she has someone.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's a bine swinger, you know, like you don't let go of one relationship before you get another in your hand.
Speaker 2: Jose are you willing to go out with her?
Speaker 1: Just so I can?
Speaker 4: Can you take them straight?
Speaker 5: Bull?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Okay, all right, Alexis, you're gonna have to tap in for Jose way more interesting.
Speaker 2: I can be a rebound.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: We've got a backup plan for your girlfriend to fall on once Brooke come back and breaks you up with your on and off again year long girlfriend Megan.
Speaker 2: Who's really intense and scary.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I got this. Like I'm feeling better than I was at the beginning of the car all.
Speaker 4: Right, you're feeling good about this Jack, I think Brooke is the perfect person do this because I obviously have issues.
Speaker 5: With saying what I need to say, and so Brooke is like a battle axe, and she's gonna just kill it.
Speaker 2: Alright, never heard battle axe?
Speaker 1: Who this is a compliment.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna dork. We're gonna have our best brave heart cry before we charge in and break up. This relationship with Brooke breaks you up? Right after this? Hey, Brook? Can you break us up? Sure? Look breaks you up?
Speaker 1: How many know this show?
Speaker 4: Welcome to the battle that everyone on the text board is looking forward to where Brooke is going to break up a couple. Because our listener Jack, who's kind of a laid back guy, spoke to him a little. He told us his on and off again girlfriend of the past year can be a little blunt, a little intense, and very tough to deal with one on one. So he thinks Brook is the perfect person for this job to step in and end things once and for all on his behalf.
Speaker 1: We haven't done this in a long time. I forget do I call Jack back in after I talked to her?
Speaker 4: Or is why do you sound so scared? Brook? Yes, I'll be so terrified. Don't worry about the logistics of it, Jack. Yeah, it'll happen naturally. You've done this a thousand times. But Jack has tried to do it himself on several occasions. It just never seems to go well. That's why he's calling in the battle axe Brooke Fox herself to charge him and deliver that fatal blow.
Speaker 1: I could just be a reasonable person with some logic into her relationships.
Speaker 4: That's what Jack is asking for. He wants a hammer brought down. Yeah, old weapon.
Speaker 1: But you okay, Jack, I think you need to understand when I have this conversation with her, I'm gonna have to say some like reasons why she shouldn't even want to be with you.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 2: I just don't want you to take that personally smart Jack.
Speaker 4: Is there anything bad about yourself that Brook can throw out there?
Speaker 2: We heard it the first half. I do have some notes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I'm good on that party. I just don't want her to be mad at me, like she's gonna be pissed.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's fine. Why do you care You're not gonna be with her anymore. That's the whole thing is, like, if you want to break up with someone you have to be okay with, however they're gonna feel about you after ye.
Speaker 4: Man, hearing those words just shivers down my spine. The coldness in Brook's voice.
Speaker 2: I want to dump a woman and then you want her to still like you?
Speaker 1: Like that?
Speaker 4: You hear the ice in her veins, Jack, she is so ready, So.
Speaker 5: Well as long as you do all of it, like I don't really want to be talking with her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, perfect, Jack, Brook is going to handle all of this. You don't have to say anything. You can just listen quietly and hear how it goes. We will have you in the sidelines if you do want to jump in and say something, or if we need to call you in maybe to clarify a point, well, we may have to have him join at some point, just because who knows how it's going to turn out.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's going to be that bad. I mean, honestly, she's fiery. Why would anyone want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with them?
Speaker 4: Good? Save that Save that for when you when you talk to Megan here. So Brook, I'm not going to say a word. The phone is going to ring, and if she answers, you can start talking directly to her.
Speaker 2: It's a huge deal.
Speaker 4: Not for Brook Fox.
Speaker 5: Here we go, God speed, god speed, good luck.
Speaker 4: Brook. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hi is this Megan?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is Megan. Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hi, Megan. This is Brooke.
Speaker 1: I'm from a radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Hi, you're on the.
Speaker 1: Show right now, Megan, because your boyfriend is a listener of ours.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so what's going on?
Speaker 4: Well, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Jack wrote into the show because Jack is having troubles, we'll say, communicating a pretty clear message that he wants to share with you, and he asks for specifically my help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So the good is it. It sounds like you're an incredibly strong, independent woman who knows exactly what she wants in life. And I love that. Applause Okay, so silence.
Speaker 2: That's that's fine.
Speaker 1: The bad news, there is some bad news to that, is that Jack is none of those things. And you may already know that he was talking about a boyfriend there. I mean, he's calling me to ask for a hard help in a hard conversation.
Speaker 3: I'm listening, Okay.
Speaker 4: More nervous because she's doing.
Speaker 1: He feels like this relationship, the relationship between you and him isn't working anymore. So he feels like it would be better if you two went your separate ways.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're doing, but we're not breaking up. It's not happening. So thanks for the car.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are.
Speaker 1: You are breaking up like it's not there's no choice in it. You tell her, Jack is exiting the relationship. He is no longer in a relationship with you.
Speaker 3: You know, if what you're saying is even true, and I'm not being pranked or something that totally wastes my time, maybe do something actually helpful and smart and make him tell me himself, you know, grow some balls and talk to me instead of hiding behind some on the radio. Oh.
Speaker 2: Actually I actually told him that. I mean I used different words, but I I you know.
Speaker 1: I I was like, come on, you can't do this yourself, Like it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Why would you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, clearly you can't do it either.
Speaker 4: I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: The problem is is that he apparently has tried to have this conversation with you before, and it sounds like you may have told him no then as well Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know you, but you sound like a real pathetic loser. That's something you do.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I mean, honestly, I could take those shots.
Speaker 3: You shut up for a second, okay. Doesn't make you feel good about yourself, don't make you feel powerful. You're truly sad.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not trying to be good or powerful.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to help Jack out.
Speaker 3: Because you know that's not your job to help help him out.
Speaker 2: Well, it is.
Speaker 1: We do a radio show, we do a lot of relationship stuff.
Speaker 3: It's not in your business. It shouldn't even be happening right now. You have no part in this, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't want to have any part in it, but well, can't you do because this is what you're doing and you've decided to do.
Speaker 2: Just wait.
Speaker 1: He told me that you guys were on and off for a long time before you started an exclusive relationship, which is already okay.
Speaker 2: And he also told me that like there's no action like he said that.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh my god, you shut up any your business? Why is not something that has to be discussed publicly. The fact that you would even bring it up is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, like, that's not gross.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Megan. Can I step in? I'm the Jeffrey part of the Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Show, and I apologize that my co host took it way too far there. That was super You've been talking and it hasn't been going. This is obviously different than how we thought it would go. And I heard Meghan say that she wants.
Speaker 3: To do is going to be a piece of cake or walk in the park. He's gonna call up and say that my boyfriend wants to break up with me. He's not even here where.
Speaker 4: Is he optimistic it would go that way? But you want to hear it straight from Jack. And the good news is Jack is on the other line waiting to jump in.
Speaker 2: Jack on, Jam's there.
Speaker 4: Jack, your girlfriend is can't wait to speak to you.
Speaker 3: Go for it, Jack, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Meghan? Is a joke? Please tell me? I'm being like, yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, let's just hold on here. I honestly, I really don't know what's going on because I just asked her to talk to you. But I don't know why she's like being so mean and abrupt Jack.
Speaker 1: Jack she's gonna be able to go back and listen to the podcast. Like you fully clearly ask me to dump your girlfriend right now?
Speaker 4: It's really fun. What's that, Megan?
Speaker 3: What did you want her to say to me?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 3: What was the whole point of this? Then?
Speaker 4: Es, it's interesting?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I just wanted to like see where the relationship is at.
Speaker 1: Oh god, honestly, Megan, why are you not dumping him? You should not be in a position where you're getting dumped by Jack.
Speaker 3: Can you Jack someone someone new, brook or whatever her name is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bro, this isn't your relationship. This is their relationship. Don't tell them what they are in Arts and Cannon.
Speaker 5: Can't be You're like, Megan's a really good person, and yeah I was a good person.
Speaker 3: Or you kind of implied that, Jack, I implied that you.
Speaker 2: Were the loser in the relationship.
Speaker 4: So much better. Okay, what is happening, Megan?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I just I did not think she was going to come after you like that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it sounds like Brooks the one who needs to get laid. Just clearly, she's just out in the bedroom.
Speaker 4: She knows a lot about sexual health. She diagnosed you.
Speaker 2: This guy isn't even This is a very unhelped So we.
Speaker 4: Came in with the goal to have a tough, difficult conversation and we definitely did. This was one of the toughest conversations Brooks ever had. Jack. You know, you said your girlfriend was a little intense. I'm not hearing it. But in the long run, I hope that you two are able to go home and talk this out and get to whatever destination you want to be at in your relationship.
Speaker 2: You guys should not be together.
Speaker 4: Why do you keep jumping in and saying that because.
Speaker 3: Of how we started all of this, Jack, We're going to talk tonight and if this is something that you put them up to, tell me to.
Speaker 1: My face, Okay, yeah, that's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Honeywere of course, of course, and you know I would never do something like that.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm gonna call this a successful edition of Brooke breaks you Up? Yeah, all that as an option. By the way, if you're.
Speaker 2: Listening, I'm positive they're still together.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning text in the seventy eighty five nine two says, are you sure Brooke has actually dumped people before? Because why is she so bad? At this her question, Brook here to was fond.
Speaker 1: I was actually on one, like I was doing a good job until he came back in Like that was the worst mistake we could have ever made. And I'll tell you I feel a little bad about how harsh I was to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think it's any surprise that he turned on you, because you were basically spending the whole time being like, he's such a loser, why would you want that?
Speaker 2: That was actually my favorite part of the whole.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Starting to think the strong women are the problem in this situation.
Speaker 2: It's the weak man.
Speaker 5: Issue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what was good to hear what Jack stand up and defend his girlfriend's honor against mean old evil Brook when she turned on it. That was good. Yeah, he grew a spine right before our very eye.
Speaker 5: Did.
Speaker 4: Like God's work there, Brook, That was beautiful.
Speaker 1: All I can feel good about thinking is that maybe he did have the realization that he actually wanted to be in the relationship with her after listening. No, No, I think he's literally he's just scared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna be handcuffed.
Speaker 1: I'm trying here, Jose, Okay.
Speaker 4: We can't wait to hear down the road where they get married against his will one day.
Speaker 1: You know, if anyone wants my help breaking up with someone.
Speaker 2: Maybe just do it yourself.
Speaker 4: No, that's why they need your help. Even if it doesn't go well, it's still hilarious to hear you try, so keep texting in seven eight, five, nine two if you want Brooke to break your relationship up, and make sure you subscribe to our podcast wherever you're listening to it. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.