Speaker 1: You were over there last week.
Speaker 2: I was, you know, I like to jump around.
Speaker 1: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 2: The office is by about obviously, but you're a leader on his team. Your voice means a lot to go locker room, to know that a player decided, for whatever reason, to choose himself, I'll put it that way. What what what?
Speaker 3: What do you think of it?
Speaker 1: I didn't really hear anything about it cause I got in the locker room, so it's all brand new information to me. Look, if you're on the roster, you expecting your suit up, you're expected to play. I think that anyone in this building that they got asked to go in, I would say one hundred percent of everybody would die to get on that football field. And so no people go through or going through random things off the field. I can't speak on that, you know whatever, you know his decision was, it wasn't for this organization, it wasn't for this team, and no, that's on him. So not very happy about it. I would have something to say. I I wish I would have heard about on the field, but I didn't. Now is that the reason we lost? Absolutely not. But you don't really started to win football games when someone doesn't wanna play football, especially when you suited up and kind of puts you, uh, puts you down, especially when you lose two linebackers. And you know, I could address another one.
Speaker 2: But as Kyle, I mean, at this point in the season, with the season going the way it's gone, you really much come runs you get on a team to rally at this point in the season with so much on the line. Does that create dissension or disbelieve or just disconnection on the sideline?
Speaker 1: Not disbelieve or disconnection Like as a team. That is one person who just decided not to, you know, play for his teammates. And no, I don't think that that doesn't like does make our office. So get to Tule, be like, wow, man, you know we're falling apart. It's more of a or like the defense, Hey, we're falling apart. It's more of a one person making a like Mooney said, of a selfish decision. And I'm with Mooney on that, and I I've never been around anybody that's ever done that, and I hope I'm never around anybody that does that. Again.
Speaker 3: Pose that against what Dre did tonight. What was that like to watch.
Speaker 1: All I asked for my tight internim today was to play with one fifth of the energy that Dray Greenlaw brings on every single snap. And I thought our tyran did a good job about that. I thought, you know, we brought energy. We tried our best. Drake Greenlaw is one of my favorite football players to ever watch. The energy that he plays with, the violence that he plays with on every single snap, and you can just tell the the energy that he brings to the entire defense and the entire team is infectious. It's unique, it's one of a kind, and he is an absolute unicorn of a football player and it was just so fun to see him have the opportunity to play again to night.
Speaker 3: So hard for the rhythm.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know any of the statistics. I know that we were averaging like three yards to play at halftime. I don't know what it was after that. They came out in some funky looks once in a while, but you know, I just I thought, as like skill positions, whether it was tight end, quarterback, running back, full back, wide receiver. Like I just said, we we could have stepped up our game and played better, and we didn't. Our defense gave us an unlimited amount of opportunities to go out there and make it a you know, score points, put us in decent field position, and we ultimately end up losing the field position battle. Put our defense in bad positions, and you know, they did a good job of wearing us down. Especially when you lose multiple players on defense. It's hard to continually play at the level that they were playing at the entire game. So nothing, I I have to watch the tape. I got to see it, so but I mean, I ultimately like we had opportunities to make plays and we didn't.
Speaker 2: Obvio the expresses frustration earlier during the.
Speaker 4: Week he has that ball in the middle could have been everybody, so it.
Speaker 2: Could have been a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Do you sense that maybe he's putting pressure on himself? What do you think is happening then?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't really see deal drop passes like that. I think he's one of the best in the world when it comes to being open across the middle of the field and taking a ball to the house. You know, Debo's just he's just so excited to make a play because you know, you guys saw his whatever his tweet or whatever, it was like a frustration whatever that is. And I think he's just it's not an anxiety. It's just he's just so giddy and ready to play football. And I've never seen him drop a pass like that before. So, like I said, like it, it didn't need to come down to that. And I know, you know, whatever Deebo said to you guys, you know, I bet you he's hurting. And but you know, Debas still have a he's still a very talented player, and I need him to play, continue to play at a high level for the rest of the season. It's like they threw a decent amount of press man, at least much more than the Bears did last week.
Speaker 3: I mean, as why has press.
Speaker 4: Man specifically been a challenge for this offense this season?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, that's a good question. I don't really feel troubled by it. I like pressman. I like being physical. I like it when guys are in my face. You know, teams do a really good job about that. When you play the press man with the lurk stuff, it takes away. You know, they do a good job about taking away. You're like your first read and you're rely on your you know, third and fourth guys that you know, win these one on ones, and when you have a good pass rush too, it's hard to get to the third and fourth guy. And so I think a lot of team's been doing a really good job about that, whether it's you know, some of our favorite concepts are doing a good job of taking away. But I mean our offense just continually throughout the season, and I've said a hundred times, is we have to play better. We have ta advantage the opportunities that are in front of us, and we did not really do that.
Speaker 4: Tonight when you saw it was kind of kicking himself or being aggressive on the interception rather than checking it down. But I think part of the reason he's been successfully he's been aggressive in his career. So I mean, how do you balance that and how do you look at Brock when he's kind of taken a bullet afterdis moon stainings that failed the team.
Speaker 1: It's a team sport, that's it is. And I know, like the quarterback position is highlighted because you're responsible for the football in every situation. I can say that, I can say that you know, it shouldn't have come down to that. You know, we could have made plays in other positions. You know, we could have ran the ball better, We could have done a lot of things better to not be in that position. But I know Brock is a He's a selfless person. He does not have an ego. He is a fantastic leader, he's a fantastic playmaker. We win games because of him. I don't want him to wear that, you know, on his shoulders, But I mean, when you're the quarterback of the San Francisco forty nine er, there's always spotlight on you. There's always a highlight on you. I mean, I've said that any quarterback that we has ever played for the Niners just an automatic spotlight on you. And I love him for, you know, doing that and taking the blame. But it's not on him. It's not. But I do love and respect him for doing that.
Speaker 3: You're one of the leaders.
Speaker 1: You've been cut off a lot. Eric, Okay, you.
Speaker 4: Said you would have liked to know in the moment about what Devon Grey did.
Speaker 3: Sure, rather than find out after the game, why is that?
Speaker 1: Because I'm a leader on the team and if that is something that is being a distraction on the sideline, I would have loved to voice my own opinion in the moment, and now we're past that moment, So it doesn't matter what I wish I could have said or wish I could have done. But I don't like distractions on the sideline. I think that's ignorant, and I think it's just dumb. It's just stupid, and it's very immature, and I just don't I don't see how that's a I just don't see how you can do something like that to a You know, to your team.
Speaker 3: You are one of the leaders on the team, and this isn't familiar territory. You guys haven't gotten used to losing. How what do you want to see from this team as far as effort, energy, whatever down the stretch. If indeed you guys are not going to the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs, you know what. I'm just gonna quote my safety uh huff. He broke the team down after the game and he said that his mindset and his attitude will be one hundred percent effort on every single day, every practice, every single rep, and he will fight until the wheels fall off, because he has been fighting his ass off to get back on the football field this year, and he has only gotten so many reps and he's played really really good football for us, and he said that he's just going to bring it, and he expects everybody around him to also bring in, to bring in fiery energy, to bring the passion. No matter what you know circumstances are, no matter what percentage, no matter what odds have to happen for us to continue playing later this year. But we've had the focus on this one game. Take these three days, get away and show up on Monday with great and ten in great effort, God forbidden.
Speaker 3: Georgi, they're here.
Speaker 4: First, and I'll come to you.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're way over there, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Aforementioned what Drake Greenlock means to the team and what you told the tight end room.
Speaker 3: What does Drake Greenlaw mean to you and how does he inspire you.
Speaker 1: His My wife is calling me sorry. His desire to play football in the most violent way possible. There are not very many people that do that. I mean, I don't think there's another person on the roster in the NFL that plays the game that he does. He is an old soul. He's a guy who could play in the nineties of two thousands, and I absolutely love everything about that. He doesn't ever snap the energy that he brings. He could like, he could be on the other side of the damn field and they have a screen away from him, and he's going to somehow end up in the film somehow on top of the pile, screaming and hyping up everybody around him. And when you have people like that on your team, gets everybody going. And he is just he is that player for us. He makes Fred play better, he makes Huff play better. He makes both to play better. And when you feel that out there, our defense is so much better with a guy like Drake Greenlaw and he like and he inspires our office when you see him make those plays. He's just he's an incredible one of one person.
Speaker 4: Jennifer, you were you.
Speaker 3: Were talking to Divo at the end of the game in the locker room.
Speaker 4: What kind of words of encouragement were you offering him?
Speaker 1: My words of encouragement to Deebo? Mm so, I want to share that with you guys. I don't know, basically just said one. You know there there's things that you just have to take on the chin, like, you know, talk to the media, you know, take ownership of whatever you had said before. You know, how you played the night. Take ownership of it, leaven the past and move on because there's better days ahead for Deebo. There's plays to be made for Deebo, and he's a lot of he has more opportunities ahead of him to make plays for this team. And that's I believe in Deebo. And you know, I've had games where I've had drops. I've had games where you know, I had not play my best game and people picked me up and allowed me to play at a high level again. And I love Deebo and he, uh, while it was not his night to night, you know, when he did get the ball in his hands, I thought he fought his ass off to you know, try to you know, make plays for us in there. I know he'll be eating himself over that, you know, one drop, and but he has plenty of plays ahead. Thank you, guys,