Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Go, Dallas Cowboy, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Do you think people in the company ever got to conduct them?
Speaker 4: Yes, they got them.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't have to know when to play right. It's a it's a you know, it's like like Cleoland. I have to see the quarterback and the wives see you can do both. That's how you do it. Okay, you have to you have to.
Speaker 4: Wow, it is a fabulous fight song Friday, and Yes, is that we're just gonna play one fight song?
Speaker 5: Is that all we're gonna do? No, you gotta work that out with Chris Man.
Speaker 1: You gotta have multiple.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna you know what I listened to.
Speaker 4: You know what I listened to on the drive in? I listened to multiple fight songs. Okay, get ready for my college football weekend.
Speaker 1: We played Barry Switzer Do what now did Barry Switzer was on today or something?
Speaker 4: No, I played fight song. Listened to fight songs. I listened to fight songs on my drive in.
Speaker 5: How many fight songs do you have?
Speaker 4: Well you can, there's coboys on Spotify or whatever.
Speaker 1: Just just got two, you got to So I had to play the song.
Speaker 4: I had to play my boomer sooner and I played my Texas Fight the Eyes of Texas, and I got goosebumps driving in because this is the best football weekend.
Speaker 5: Of the year.
Speaker 4: Baby, here it is. We got a job to do and we're gonna do it.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 4: Verry Remember Barry, Yeah, yeah, okay, Barry was funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what a great weekend. Though.
Speaker 6: I heard him and Bobs on the show together. Oh yeah, I sent it to both of you guys that he was on right now.
Speaker 1: I texted to you, but I was doing something at that time.
Speaker 6: He was talking about how good Bosworth was from the area.
Speaker 4: Of course, Irving MacArthur my monitors the cardinal on a two and eight high school team.
Speaker 6: You know, he's running on and on he goes, Yeah, he probably would have won something, but he took too many damn steroids, you know, I mean, he just said it right there, you know, I think was on the line.
Speaker 1: Was it the Orange Bowl he got disqualified from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I covered and he wore the.
Speaker 5: T shirt a National.
Speaker 4: Communist against Athlete and I.
Speaker 1: Had And that's for that and my story.
Speaker 6: According to these guys, that's when he and Barry had the little split. Yes momentarily that he didn't bear it.
Speaker 4: Say, this is an educational show for those under the.
Speaker 5: Age of fifty.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just like your story. I caught up with the Texas quarterback Quinn Ewers. He was home last weekend and one of the things I talked to him about, yeah and uh, and he is going to be starting for Texas tomorrow and U. But he did that Doctor Pepper Fansville spot with the Boz.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, it was cool.
Speaker 4: Uh and he was talking it was really good, well done because they were Boz was the sheriff and quinn Ewers was the deputy and he was calling for his backup. And Quinn said, I don't need a backup. I proved that last year it. I don't care if he does have great hair, famous relatives.
Speaker 5: I don't need it back up.
Speaker 4: But its hilarious. But anyway, so we were talking about it and I put that in the story. I felt like, well, I need to explain to people who the boss is, you know, because people under the age of forty five, I have no idea. Well, the boss carried in.
Speaker 1: The commercial, they had to explain who yours was too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they.
Speaker 1: Showed him turn around and his name was on the back.
Speaker 5: Of the Jersey Deputy Quinn.
Speaker 1: No one would have rectronized. But that's how those commercials are now, right, and they're using athletes now.
Speaker 4: They're with the nil you know, the college athletes can be in the commercials and making money off of it.
Speaker 1: You just need to put their names somewhere say I don't know who they are. But so did you hear the Barry story that Jerry told this morning?
Speaker 5: No, I did not.
Speaker 1: He was talking about Barry and how gracious he was during his career and every tried to help people and stuff. And he said, yeah, there was one time when he was driving somewhere and he's stopped at a gas station and there was some guy there, UH didn't know who he was, and asked him, Hey, man, I I just need enough money to get a tank of gas. So Barry uh buys the guy a tank gas and he goes into the convenience store or whatever, and thought, well that wasn't enough. And he comes out and the guy was gone. Jerry says, Switzer gets in the car, high tails it down the road, catches up with the guy and says, you know what, that that that just wasn't enough. And he handed he said, he handed the guy a thousand dollars. Well, well, you gotta pays.
Speaker 5: You definite know cash at M. Let me get a thousand dollars and go catch this guy. I think it was it was Bury's thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: He gave him a thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: He was but you know what, probably had a little surplus next just left over recruiting.
Speaker 1: He was amazing the names he remembered, the parents of players.
Speaker 5: That is what they talked about yesterday, about just what he said.
Speaker 6: Yesterday's eighty seven years old, guys, and he had just finished talking and he rambled, you know how he goes. He rambled, and so they were like, guys, you got you guys listening. He's eighty seven years old, and he remembers everything. Yeah, what they were talking about.
Speaker 1: Got one of those photographic memories. He'll probably tell you the phone numbers of the guys.
Speaker 4: He was incruded, definitely knows the high school mascots.
Speaker 6: It was one thing I came across the other day and he had died I think a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: John Amos good Times, Yes, father on Good Time. JJ's dad.
Speaker 6: And he played football at one point, if I'm not mistaken, he tried out for the NFL. And I don't know if it was the Cowboys or if it was when the Text was in Los Angeles, he may have tried out for the Rams or something. And when he got cut from the team, he chose to write a poem about the Turk. Oh really, the Turk is yeah, well, the I think he's got the sword. Then he cuts you know, he cuts your head off or something. I don't know, but he used it because he was It was symbolizing guys getting cut.
Speaker 1: The guy that came and told you the guy yeah yeah, and so uh.
Speaker 6: He asked tex Shram if he could read the letter in front of the guys after he got cut. Oh really yeah, And he did that and they said that it was amazing. I don't know why Text allowed him to do it, but it was amazing that what he wrote, and they said that was the first step of him going into Hollywood.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 6: But at one point that he was he did try out. I believe it was for the Los Angeles Room.
Speaker 4: On his Wikipedia page, he was signed a free agent contract with the Denver Broncos and the AFL in nineteen sixty four. Uh. And then Amos later signed a free agent contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, and that was nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 5: But there were a number of teams in the might have been it might have been the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Hank Stram told him, you're not a football player, You're a man who was trying to play football. So Hank Stram was the turk for the Chiefs.
Speaker 5: I guess, well, you know, I think you know it may have been, yeah, Shram and Stram instead of Shram that he allowed him to read that letter.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: I meant to tell you guys about that last week.
Speaker 6: But you got some of the blaxportation actors that actually played football, Bernie Casey, who remember that Bernie played for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 5: He was a tight end. They showed them to catch the pass on video.
Speaker 6: So I just thought it was interesting how John Amos kind of brought all of that back to memory in regards to how many of those guys actually tried to play football, I.
Speaker 1: Think it was. I don't know if it was. When you were there, Coach Myers was the guy that was the bimbo bearer of bad news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he was. He was the turk, yeah yeah. But he enjoyed his job way too much. He enjoyed his job way too much.
Speaker 6: If you're sitting on your helmet doing practice, twenty five dollars, that's a fine twenty five dollars. So he'd go around them, especially doing rookie camp. These guys are rookies, man, they're not even making any money yet. Obviously it's a lot of free agents, because that's what the Cowboys do. They bring in a whole bunch of them. So Jimbo is up there, you know, chalking up you know, fines over and over again if you happened to actually sell on your helmet.
Speaker 5: He was also the guy that came around and he checked the.
Speaker 1: Bit, He did the betch checks, and he would hide.
Speaker 6: So they said that. One time, Too Tall did him even better. Too Tall tried to be a tree when he got caught trying to sneak out. So you can just imagine two till seven, six seven or whatever. He was six ' nine standing up there trying to freeze and be a tree.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear Charlie Waterer's story his rookie year. No, he said, you know, they got through training camp and they're bait. I think they were basically back in Dallas and it's the cut day and he gets the knock on the door and it's Coach Myers and he said, well, Charlie, you know, I thought you had a good camp, but there's only so many guys we can keep. We're going to have to let you go. And Waters said, I'm sitting there going, oh my god. He goes, what's the rest of my life? What am I going to do? And he's moaning and groaning, and a couple hours later he gets a phone call and Coach Myer says, Charlie, never mind, I made a mistake. Charlie said, he used some cutting words right at Coach Byers goes, hey, young, and you don't talk to me like that.
Speaker 5: Was God, No, Jimbo was He liked his job way too much. I just have to say that.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, we got a game, yep, we do.
Speaker 4: Cowboys and Lions Sunday three twenty five. It's a big day on Sunday. You know why because somebody's birthday Sunday yours, Nope, not mine.
Speaker 5: Will.
Speaker 4: They didn't they didn't ask Jerry Jones on the now, they didn't radio this morning that I heard Jerry's birthday.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: It's October thirteenth, thirteenth.
Speaker 4: For days the eleventh. Am I the only one who knows that, Jerry, they're playing now?
Speaker 5: I knew that.
Speaker 1: I just needed to be reminded. You didn't know they were playing on it.
Speaker 5: It's Will mcclay's birthday as well as.
Speaker 4: The producer Supreme.
Speaker 1: Well, I've already got a quote in my column from Jerry for today, so I might just put comma is eighty.
Speaker 4: Two, eighty two Jason Witten years old, all right, okay? And Will mclay's birthday eighty two, well.
Speaker 5: The same day, that's what? Who said that? You said that? Right?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 5: No? Producer Supreme told me that Will McClay.
Speaker 1: They have the same birthday. Will McLay and Jerry Johnson's birthday.
Speaker 5: What are the odds? Pretty cool?
Speaker 1: Let's see, let's figure there's out maybe thirty years thirty years later.
Speaker 5: To be in the position he's in. And they have the same birthday.
Speaker 4: I got the same birthday as Michael Parsons.
Speaker 5: I have the same birthday as Denzel Washington.
Speaker 7: Wow, with just one of them, I would love to see you come off the edge, oh man, But I didn't.
Speaker 5: You didn't even like very cool? Yeah, Michael Pass, what about you?
Speaker 4: Mick?
Speaker 5: You share a birthday.
Speaker 1: I don't remember anybody right off hand. I know it's something, but I don't remember. You're December eleventh, right, Mack. Yeah, it might be Tyron Smith.
Speaker 4: He's around there. Okay, let's get into the Cowboys Lions talk.
Speaker 5: Who cares? I got this off track Jerry's birthday I was talking about.
Speaker 4: All right, you want to, uh well, speaking back and start focusing on the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll be back with this is the big tease coming up here. What Jerry says about the Detroit Lions and mix shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 6: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partment of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregames, sideline access, and photo ops with current players. Cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports tools, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Pruscott kitchen slides for the first.
Speaker 8: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 4: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing up to bring Smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankoler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 4: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 5: Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 1: What are you doing here?
Speaker 5: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 10: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 1: It says less fillings.
Speaker 5: That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 11: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Miller Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm rashine legal guy, Celebrate responsibly. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer amty six thousands, three point two grams carbs for twelve ounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 12: To mixed shots, false start starting to I was gonna, I was gonna make it make All he needed to do is clear his throat.
Speaker 1: Start evers walls ever so.
Speaker 5: Speech to make Now.
Speaker 6: Alright, this segment is brought to you by YETI, the official cooler and drink weare of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: All right, where do you go?
Speaker 1: Should have had that memorized.
Speaker 5: You had to read that.
Speaker 4: Cowboys players walking off the practice field we got we've got with white helmets on for Sunday, used to those game day helmets and wearing the Navy blue.
Speaker 1: Is that what they're wearing?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: Not the white crush or whatever they call it, color crush yep, whatever, it is, all white.
Speaker 4: No, that's they're going to the Navy like that at home?
Speaker 5: You like, there's color rush actually color.
Speaker 1: Well, I was close.
Speaker 7: That would be the purple was the orange crush of the Denver Broncos defense.
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: So now where were you going with that?
Speaker 5: Uh? Do you like the wearing the.
Speaker 4: Blue uniforms at home?
Speaker 5: It doesn't care.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 6: I never cared to make believe that when we played Yeah crazy, you remember that back in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they're making them wear blue.
Speaker 5: They're going to lose. The teams would actually make us wear blue? Yeah, yeah, dude, what do you think. I mean, come on, are we that fashion conscious to where we were?
Speaker 1: They probably made you wear blue when it was still ninety degrees in September because it was dark color.
Speaker 5: Make it hot. If it's hot, it's hot. If it's hot, it's hot.
Speaker 4: All right, now, let's get into what you need to tell us about Cowboys Lions.
Speaker 1: Well, the injury situation, it does not look good. So yesterday Trayvon Diggs was he had been listed full with an ankle and then he was out with a illness. But I think he was going to be able to practice today. But it's a walkthrough, right, so I don't think that's going to be a problem.
Speaker 4: Okay for a second, he said it, Well, I'm getting to the okay, all right, Eric Travon is not the concern.
Speaker 1: Eric Kendricks is not practiced either day, and Jerry answered it by kind of like, we'll see. So, I mean, you're talking the guy that runs the defense that makes the calls neck injury, uh, calf, shoulder. I think it's more of the shoulder than anything else, So I would say at this point it, Uh, he's got to be pretty questionable.
Speaker 5: If that.
Speaker 1: Zach Martin was back arrest and then it was back. But Jerry said, I don't see it to be a factor, so I would's playing. He's playing. Mike, you don't want to tell anybody anything.
Speaker 5: Well, the coach should be doing this, shouldn't he.
Speaker 1: Well, he did it on the Mike. Doesn't like talking about injuries at all, none, but that's his job. But he doesn't. He doesn't tell the owner.
Speaker 5: The owner just.
Speaker 1: Gives the right. Parsons hasn't done anything. I would imagine he's out. But again the other So the two backups for Kendricks would be Demone Clark and Nick Vigil. And Vigil hasn't practiced all week with a foot injury.
Speaker 5: How did he get injured? He played in the game.
Speaker 1: I think in the game. Okay, So that all doesn't look good. Doron Bland returned to practice this week, and he practiced fully on Wednesday and Thursday. We'll see what they say. On Friday, he was like, yeah, yeah, I think I'm good, but we'll have to see. So it sounded like that one was going to go to the end of the week, which, by the way, and he kind of pointed it out when I asked him. The three of those guys have not been on the field together, Diggs, Bland and Jordan Lewis because of the injury.
Speaker 4: He talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 1: And other than that, those are the guys that well we know. DeMarcus Lawrence is on IRS, he's out, Parsons out, I would imagine, and then we'll see what happens with uh Bland and Kaylin Carson by the way, so I would imagine there.
Speaker 5: And what's however, update, what's Kaylin's update?
Speaker 1: What? It was fully practiced, but it didn't sound like he did much yesterday talking and then and when the coaches or Mike answered the question, it was, uh, yeah, we'll have to see where that goes. So amani Ori is gonna get.
Speaker 4: He played every snap last week.
Speaker 5: I loved I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I think he's got one well, he one elevation uh loss and needs to be elevated. Uh so, I don't know if somebody goes on I R.
Speaker 4: He needs to be activated activated, not elevated, but he needs to go get Yeah, he needs to be signed.
Speaker 1: It's got to be signed to the fifty three.
Speaker 4: You need to make a fifty three man Ross removed right, make room for him, and.
Speaker 1: And you know, I think this is the last one for so at some point he's going to get put on there, I would think.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the other thing that I think came out, Uh, someone used the word dumbfounded to describe Ezekiel Elliott when asked about why he wasn't in the game, that that that.
Speaker 4: Was dumbfounded by his role in the running game.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I went I read the transcript of his interview and he never used the word dumbfounded. So it was I believe it was Clarence Hill used the word dumbfounded, so.
Speaker 5: He was speaking of he's dumb found.
Speaker 1: He no, he he was characterizing the way.
Speaker 4: He wasn't quoting Zeke, but he was characterized.
Speaker 1: He answered the questions, and then Jerry said, dumbfounded is a mischaracterization. And he also tried to point out that that that they were trying to basically make sure Zeke didn't get worn.
Speaker 5: Out saving him.
Speaker 4: The quote was we're saving him and we should be, which is exactly what they're doing right exactly, And That's what I've thought all along. There's it's a long season.
Speaker 6: Well and I'm not if that doesn't jump on their fumble then you would have a lot of father about that.
Speaker 5: Should we have.
Speaker 4: Narrative that the first thing I thought of, not in terms of Zeke, but in terms of a young running back.
Speaker 5: And I say, you're young.
Speaker 4: He's been in the league for five years years, but.
Speaker 5: He's young in this offense.
Speaker 4: Try and he's young and getting chances and okay in that gold on the football.
Speaker 6: And and you made the decision, which was a bad decision, not to follow your blockers.
Speaker 1: And so I wouldn't back and looked at it. If he'd follow lip Key, he.
Speaker 5: Slippy sealed off. He would have sealed off number six.
Speaker 1: It's what It's what Schottenheimer was talking about. He has to slow down and let things develop, don't be in a hurry to go.
Speaker 5: But because he was clearly supposed to follow.
Speaker 1: You would think, so that's why the full back was in there, right.
Speaker 5: That's what he's there for.
Speaker 6: You have a guy, a big offensive lineman swallowing up this small dB. He was non existent, and it was he would have walked in untouched.
Speaker 1: And the and the and the guy that made the hit would have looked foolish because.
Speaker 6: Because he got it, he was just doing it. He dove before uh uh. Before he the running back even made the cut, he was already in the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just gambling, right, and a small.
Speaker 6: Well that was that was his position, right, so he went all out for his role in your role was the missoury doesn't dive up the moon.
Speaker 5: So I mean they pulled the guard on that place. So obviously that's where it was supposed to, no doubt.
Speaker 4: And as far as the running backs go, not only with Zeke but also with Dalvin Cook. And we'll see what Harry could to say left in the tank eventually.
Speaker 1: Right, he said Cook is going to be material going forward.
Speaker 4: And again it's a long season. Rico is the guy right now, and maybe Rico will continue to be that we'll see. But the long season, you get worn down or there's injuries that happen, and you have to have guys in reserve. San Francisco is a great example of it. They don't have veteran former Pro bowlers in reserve, but their veteran Pro bowler has been out all season, and so they've got a guy named J. P. Mason and then he gets hurt and they got a guy named Isaac Garrindo who goes seventy six yards to seal the game.
Speaker 1: Last night, I saw in the story it had yards rushing and they had whatever he ended up with. It failed to point out it was one run for.
Speaker 4: Seventy uh but he stopped before going into the he was he slid down.
Speaker 5: He slid down, but.
Speaker 4: He was also getting tackled at the same time.
Speaker 5: But I was giving a tackle, but he was definitely sla.
Speaker 4: Giving up and trying to do the quote unquote smart thing.
Speaker 5: Well, in that situation last night, he was trying to be smart.
Speaker 4: And he's and that was not the smart play, and that in that situation, they had timeouts left, and as it turned out, the next play he got stuffed. And then on the next play, use check scores touchdowns. And I actually tweeted out the veteran use check just showed the youngster that wasn't such a smartest r because you think about it, what if and now I think that they couldn't have stopped the clock after every down, but they could have had thirty forty seconds left on the clock. If you're kicking a field will you only have an eight point lead and they could have come down. That was not the smart move. Was not your way move some people or some if Okay, I'm gonna show how smart I am.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna stop at the two yard like no score, score, that's all you need. I don't give him down. How many times I said, yeah, all right, make you go ahead? Also, that was my mix shot.
Speaker 1: Also in that game when it was a one score game, Metcalf just blew that route running on the interception. He kept going, should have gone to cross, That's what he and he looks like you was the one that had to take the blame.
Speaker 6: Pretty classy, prey class I mean, he couldn't stop showing his anger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you could tell.
Speaker 6: I was sitting with my business partner, were like, he's mad at Metcalf. Yeah, he is really mad.
Speaker 5: He's trying to show it because he's when he came to the sidelines, he's.
Speaker 1: Looking like, dude, did you were you watching with the with the path then yeah, yeah, hes it in the head and then threw.
Speaker 5: It and he was he never went over to Metcalf. Yeah, he never over. Yeah, he would have been an altercation. Yeah, yeah, you can see that.
Speaker 1: That was so one of the other things, since we were talking about the running backs, Jerry said when we have an effective running game, You're going to see an offense that's probably the talk of the NFL. So he was saying, once they're effective that and so.
Speaker 4: How they're going to become effective, Well, they got to keep doing what they so much, the running backs.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying. So, yeah, you can bring in all the running backs you want. I'm trying to see. I guess he assumes that this young offensive line will be more mature and blinding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if best case scenario. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I don't know if we talked about it with I don't know that Guion's ready to go. He practiced, Uh, As I said, they better have had Tyler Smith working at left tackle and Bass at left guard.
Speaker 5: Did he speak on Tyler He did not.
Speaker 1: He did not.
Speaker 5: He just I think a lot of people to speak.
Speaker 1: On, Yeah, especially when you're just answering questions a lot of people. Yeah, but that's another one to I think we got to keep an eye on is Guidon Gion? Yeah, and Tyler Smith because think about the job he did. I mean that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And especially with Aiden Hutchinson, Yeah, because they move him. I think they move him around. He doesn't just like because Watt stayed on the Cowboys right the right time, I've seen him on the left side too, So he'll probe to see where the weak spot is. So this running game we'll see, right. I don't know how good, you know, Detroit's not very good they are, their rankings not very good in the passing game. But sometimes on a team like that, if you can't run and you're behind, you just throw the ball and you end up giving up yards. And let's remember they gave up what twenty nine points to Seattle, and Seattle was and that was at home too, and Seattle wasn't all that last night, by.
Speaker 4: The way, and they weren't all that last week either no right or Sunday against the Giants.
Speaker 1: So so be interesting, it will.
Speaker 6: You can't wait to see what kind of surprises we have. They surprised me in Pittsburgh, they really did. And what the most of the toughness, it's the toughness, the grit.
Speaker 4: The grit, which is what Dan Campbell is hanging his lion's hat on. Is there toughness in grit?
Speaker 5: It be game.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to hear any more about the two point conversion oh, I'm sure he doesn't, they asked Dak. Dak pointed out, yeah, well they missed one on them the series before, meaning that there was a penalty or something that's been called, and they didn't.
Speaker 4: In the Lions game yes year.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well if you're donamed it if if the defense isn't told who's eligible. Yeah, it's it's not that there's a reason why you get a proty for that.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, you announced the wrong guy.
Speaker 4: I mean you throw the play out because the defense didn't think that guy was eligible.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So it's act like the Cowboys got a fast one there, right.
Speaker 5: They're going to come in and be mad.
Speaker 1: I should be mad at themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for not clearly indicating Okay, we got our picks to click when mix shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor and combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI Cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 4: Scotts It slides for the first.
Speaker 8: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Perfect throw my goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit Blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only.
Speaker 6: Official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 5: You want to stay at the Team.
Speaker 6: Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your trap.
Speaker 5: I will package today.
Speaker 1: The mixed Shots.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Nation Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboys App. Join the Official Fan Club today and receive access to the all new Cowboys drops feature team news, andre pre sale access, and fan and kid of the game.
Speaker 5: Download the app now to join all right.
Speaker 4: Final segment before Cowboys Lions on Sunday at three twenty five. So it's time to make our picks. Anything else that you need to let us know about Mickey before.
Speaker 5: We make our picks.
Speaker 4: You know, MICKI, I will let you know that you share a birthday with you one of your peers, Doc Blanchard, the nineteen forty five winner.
Speaker 1: Me and Dot who was a running back.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: He got me on that Army I think army, Yeah, triple option probably still. I saw this little note osa Odiggie Zua in the Steelers game of the twenty four pass rushes he had. He had twelve pressures, which is not bad.
Speaker 5: That's not bad at all. We haven't these spoke much on them, I know all.
Speaker 1: And he's playing well.
Speaker 5: He's been the one holding it down on the inside.
Speaker 1: Did he have to play all the snaps too? He played a bunch. Oh, don't tell me on that.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 4: How many snaps did he have? He had forty two.
Speaker 1: Forty two of fifty eight. That's quite a bit for a defensive tackle.
Speaker 5: They're going to be coming at him. But yeah, they're going to be coming at him.
Speaker 11: And he better.
Speaker 1: I mean, they don't need pressures, they need stop the run on a team that's averaging one hundred and fifty one yard game, which, by the way, I saw this note that Jared Goff needs to complete the first seven passes of this game and he'll break the record of own it for most consecutive he'll have twenty six consecutive completions. He had eighteen in the game, and I guess the last one he threw the previous game, so he's got nineteen straight.
Speaker 5: Got to hand it to the guy. He could have gone into He could have shrunk like.
Speaker 1: A flower, as they say right after the Rams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to be able to come back like that, and Bill talks about it, sometimes you just got to have the right coach, the right teammates both.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, and they brought it out of them.
Speaker 1: That's what all the former coaches that are talking heads now point out, Well, don't give up on the quarterback.
Speaker 6: For Campbell to notice this, that's good on his part as well, to say, you know what, I still believe in you, bro, And and he showed him and he put the team around him just for him. You know, that's that's pretty good. A lot of people gave up on him, and smart coaches gave up on golf.
Speaker 1: So the offensive coordinator he got interview, is it Ben Benn Johnson? Yeah, uh, you know, he had a lot of interviews for head coaching jobs, and he chose to stay there nice and so you know, if you have him the head coach, then maybe you can flourish and get in the right situation.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right, our picks to click. What are you going with, Everson?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm going with? Going with the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I believe this is going to be a high scoring game. I see this game shaping up a lot like the Baltimore Ravens game. I think we're gonna struggle a bit to keep the running game, because everyone struggles against their running game.
Speaker 5: That's going to be the norm.
Speaker 6: But I think we're gonna hold on and off to where our offense can stay in the game. And if you give us a chance, just like last week, and just like even in the Baltimore Ravens game, if you were giving us another chance, we're coming back. We're gonna win that game. I see that same thing with the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Here. I see the score being thirty to twenty eight. Cowboys. No way, yep, I do that?
Speaker 4: Were you picked?
Speaker 5: I did? Oh?
Speaker 1: No, dude, I'm the fan.
Speaker 5: When they asked, y I'm thinking thirty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: So what's the most famous thirty to twenty eight game in Cowboys history. It was the same day as the Immaculate Reception.
Speaker 1: It was the comeback against Atlanta.
Speaker 4: It was against San Francisco Christmas Eve or whatever, the same day as Frank o'harris and the Immaculate Reception. That was the Tony Fridge behind.
Speaker 5: The foot on the arch. Yeah, onside kick and captain.
Speaker 4: Comeback was born Roger Stoboch. They were down twenty eight to sixty with two minutes left, two touchdowns and thirty twenty eight Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Win nineteen seventy one two one two seventy two yeah two, okay, those two because that's when the Cowboys secondary coach was the head coach at Dick Nolan. Nolan, your secondary coach.
Speaker 5: I love me to dig Nevilan man.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys cost them the job because they met him in those playoff games.
Speaker 6: Let's coach. He was so anti Tom. I just can imagine them playing on the same team together. Oh my god, giants, could you imagine that?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? It was great. He was Now Hold up, my dude, you got Ferguson. Ferguson's going to be the game. He's going to be the Man game. He thought about him.
Speaker 1: I just I just said decided that if the Cowboys going to win this game, they're gonna have to outscore them.
Speaker 6: Fergus is going to have over seven catches, He's going to have a touchdown close to one hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Because if you think about it, that's my entire and I'm doing this off the top of my head. But the Saints game was the only game the Cowboys have given up more than four touchdowns, right because Baltimore ahead, so probably four. So yeah, I think Detroit's going to score, but you got to score in this offense. I think it's ready to bust loose.
Speaker 5: That's what I think.
Speaker 6: Also, and I think Detroit had they have issues defensively, especially in the secondary. That's okay. Now these guys can step up and play, you know, and make some plays. Now there's just no bombs back there. But we have to make sure that we put them in that position to be bumps.
Speaker 1: And they're going to have to be good blocking up front because I think Aaron Glenn likes to blitz a lot to bring pressure, so they're gonna.
Speaker 5: Have to be well. They know we have a young line, so they're going to take advantage of that.
Speaker 4: And who's your pick to click?
Speaker 1: I remember if I did this before or not, but I'm doing it again.
Speaker 5: If I did.
Speaker 1: Cavante Turpin, Okay, he's going to do something that's good. He's going to do something with his speed that's going to offset their problems running the ball.
Speaker 4: Recent history between the Cowboys and the Lions, how is it shaped up? Cowboys leave the Calgary going here?
Speaker 1: Five? Five straight?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 4: I think it's I'm looking at six in a row?
Speaker 1: Six, okay, six in a row.
Speaker 4: The last time the Lions wait the.
Speaker 1: Cowboys, including the post season.
Speaker 5: By the way, the.
Speaker 4: Last time the Cowboys beat the Lions was in twenty thirteen. It was a thirty one to thirty Detroit win over Dallas. And so I'm going to go with the Cowboys winning thirty one to thirty over the Lions, and the game is going to come down to this. The Lions are going to score to cut the lead to thirty one thirty and then Dan Skipper will reported tackle eligible of the Cowboys will stop them. As Dan Campbell goes for two in the final seconds of the game, I could see that Cowboys hold them when the pass Goes is knocked away. They try to throw a past a damn skipper.
Speaker 5: I can see Dan Campbell being that dogged and stubborn to where he's gonna come with the same play. If it's the same situation to do this, We're gonna show them to do it the right way.
Speaker 4: This is how we do it now, Boys win thirty one, thirty and my picks to click our ceedee lamb the Oklahoma Sooner, this.
Speaker 12: Is his weekend, and de Marveon overshown the long Boys, this is their weekend.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. You know.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys might have an advantage on field goals too, by the way, because their guy has made five of five, but all five were third nine or less, so two from twenty to twenty nine and all three from.
Speaker 4: Thirty to All of them abbreys are from fifty or more.
Speaker 1: And they have, by the way, scored thirteen touchdowns.
Speaker 5: In forty oh wow, So that's impressive.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. Hundred and they've totaled one hundred and nine one hundred and four points.
Speaker 5: So last week, who got the closest last week? I think, well, I'm just scoing Watch two.
Speaker 1: I had twenty three I had.
Speaker 5: I had twenty three twenty. Then you talked me out of it because I said it, you can change. I changed because already that's true. I'm not changing this week.
Speaker 4: I had nineteen sixteen, nineteen sixteen Cowboys seventeen.
Speaker 1: Well, we all had to score of the game. Was what twenty seventeen? We all had the spread?
Speaker 4: Right, who had the Cowboys winning?
Speaker 5: Did we all did? I did too? Okay, So you didn't go over, I say you went. You got the closest he didn't go over.
Speaker 1: We were sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was three, one under and one over, so we were right on. Yeah, we're gonna be right on again this week. I got thirty one thirty and you too have thirty to twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Wow, So we should finish it with everyone, say Google, I.
Speaker 5: Think that's it. I think we did it. Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: There's one other little note on the Texas ou Who are the running back coaches for Texas and Oklahoma?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I have no idea former Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To choice choice.
Speaker 5: My daughter loves to follow him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and who, by the way, coach Jamiir Gibbs. He's got a half dozen running backs in.
Speaker 5: The NFL Oh yeah, he's like the running back whisper.
Speaker 4: And the running back coach at Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Oh Murray, DeMarco Murray.
Speaker 6: Wow, that was my god. Yeah, man, he was so good. Well we were rolling back then we had him too. That was fun watching that guy run the ball. And the Seattle game in Seattle that time, just watching him just run over him. They made that Seattle defense look like they were just just elementary school kids.
Speaker 5: Love that.
Speaker 1: Tell you where shared choices on the pecking order. Last uh, this past spring when Sarkesian came to get that award, it was some sort of coaching coaching award at the Ford Center. Was in tow he was with nice Yeah, and I said, oh he is.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, is a great recruiter. Yeah. Yeah, he's such a great guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is one of the original members of the Big Green Notebook.
Speaker 1: By the way, really did a scouting report.
Speaker 5: Definitely impressed you impressed.
Speaker 4: I loved him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I loved him as much for his energy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well he's got a magnetic personnelity too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All right, there we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're back on Monday and then switch cruiseesday.
Speaker 5: Wait by wait, Monday, we're here we're here. And then Tuesday, what time are you going on? I'm going to be two o'clock if I'm there, you're two.
Speaker 4: O'clock with Nate and Jesse with no Eye and Mickey and I are going to be on as you on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and you have Jess with.
Speaker 1: You, Jess and Kirk Daniels.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, all right, very good.
Speaker 4: Enjoy your football weekend and we'll see you again on Monday.
Speaker 5: O Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.