Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio Love.
Speaker 2: In this conversation with Mark Anthony. You can find out more about him if you go to Coast to Coast AM dot com. But he's been on coast so much people already know about him a ton But Oxford educated a former practicing attorney, although he still dabbles uh and most of the time he spends in researching things like the afterlife and in particular scientific reasons for thinking that we do have an afterlife, which is totally cool. You can find out more about his books too on his page, which you can link up to at Coast to Coast am dot com. So, Mark, Yes, I I'm gonna I want to put a pin in everything we've talked about up until now, except for one thing. When I was in college, I had a physics professor. I think I got a D. But I had a physics professor who I loved, and he was from Korea. He was very well known for having written the first Encyclopedia Britannica section on holograms.
Speaker 3: So was his.
Speaker 2: Life was light and waves and you know many of the things which you talked about last hour and He used to say this thing in a very thick Korean accent. I'm not saying it to mock him. This is not there's no etho centrism in this. It's just the way he talked. And it was so funny because it's stuck in my head the way he spoke, which is he would say, ever then of a wave, He said, you a wave, I'm a wave. Every then a wave. And that was the best explanation I've ever gotten that everything is a wave because of quantum physics and because of the energy force that we can't see. We take it for granted, but that everything is a wave. This table wave, you a wave, your callwavean in a wave. So I've always loved that about it, and I love that way of thinking about it. Now I come to this the story of the Vietnam Red Light demons, and I say Vietnam, meaning that that was the first recorded instance of it and what some soldiers testified to later on and maintained that they saw and they experienced. I'd like it if you would, if you could, because I didn't get this information originally. You got it before I did, because Dave Schroeder told me, was telling me that you were willing to take a look at it about the red light demons of Vietnam. Explain this phenomenon.
Speaker 3: This is a really fascinating chapter in turn normal research and observations. And this whole whole episode took place in roughly sixty days. It appears that this could have been around nineteen sixty five based on everything I've been putting together. So what happened was during the Vietnam War, the US Army patented and used a new night vision goggle, which were red red night vision goggles. Currently, since this time, we're only using green night vision goggles. And the theory was that the red knight vision goggles maintained eyes daylight sensitivity, so it was easier for the human eye to switch from daytime to night vision because red light doesn't force the eye to adapt to low light conditions. Also, because the red light stimulates the brain's neurons, increases reflex time and spatial awareness. So on paper, this sounded grady and but what happened was another matter entirely. So these new goggles were issued mainly to airborne troops. However, it's notable that the officers and the pilots of helicopters were ordered not to wear them. So at first the goggles were a real hit with the troops. But then about a week later, with everyone using the red knight vision goggles, their behavior started changing. The men started acting strangely. They started talking about things that nobody else could see, and they were fixated and this is real important. They were fixated on staring at tree tops. Then they started having discipline problems and actually began fighting among themselves. But then came the pivotal incident. The helicopter squadron was on routine patrol over a relatively peaceful area, so there was no combat. Several helicopters were flying together in formation. Now remember the pilots and the officers were under strict orders not to wear the red night vision goggles. Other troops on board wore them, and in one helicopter, this gunner on the starboard the right side, who was manning a fifty Calira machine gun, suddenly opened fire without being ordered to do so. The thing is, he wasn't firing at anything on the ground. He was firing at something at their same altitude. Although other than the squadrons fellow helicopters, there was nothing else in the sky. At their attitude, the other chop choppers started engaging in invasive maneuvers. Because all of a sudden, fifty caliber machine guns firing out of this one. The officer on board ordered the gunner to cease fire. The gunner cried out he was shooting at demons. He kept screaming demons. He said, they're horrible. They have horns, and they're flying toward the chopper and they're coming for him. So the officer ordered the gunner to remove the red night vision goggles. He saw the gunner as a young guy, sweating profusely. His eyes were dilated, so the officers thinking, all right, he's probably under the influence of heroin. He's hallucinating. Yeah. But then the officer tried the night red night vision goggles and immediately he said, oh, I'll leave out the explotive. He saw several grotesque, winged humanoid creatures flying up from the treetops below toward the helicopter. Somehow the creatures knew he could see them because they pointed at him, gestured at him, and flew right at him. Immediately pulled off the goggles and the creatures vanished, Or did they here's the thing. Ian according to legend, According to the stories that have come out of this, this wasn't an isolated incident. For weeks, reports kept coming in about flying monsters spotted by soldiers who wore the red night vision goggles, even though officers were under orders not to wear them. Some did and describe seeing what they described as gargoyles or demons, but then when they took off the red knight vision goggles, they saw nothing. However, anyone who wore them said the creatures immediately could see them. In other words, the creatures knew the soldiers could see them, which prompted them to come at them. Use of the red vision right, excuse me, use of the red knight vision goggles. Ian was abruptly canceled. After sixty days, the military confiscated all of them. However, in the wake of this, anyone who wore those goggles they were mentally unstable for months after the experience.
Speaker 2: So the you mentioned diocene die yes last hour, and that's what the That's actually what they colored the lenses with. That is correct, which I thought was interesting that this particular dye which gave this red tint to the glasses provided some benefit, but overall on the main whereas as you said, was true that by using the red tinted glass for the night vision it was an easier adjustment between daytime and nighttime vision, that there were greater benefits to the green overall over time. Do you know what those were.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, there's advantages to both of them, because the red makes it easier on the eye to shift from daytime to night vision. But green, well, the human eye sees green better than any other color because it's the most sensitive to green light. And the theory behind this is it's due to evolution. Well, think about it. Early humans needed to see well in forests and planes for gathering food, right, but also to identify predators. You know, oh, look, there's a jaguar hiding in the grass. Green light, from a practical standpoint, also minimizes energy consumption on LED screens and light intensifying devices, so green you can see more detail. In fact, the human eye can see something like a million shades of green, more than any other color. But the red was a test because it's best for preserving night vision. It's a bit harder to make out fine details in the night, but it doesn't force the eye to adapt to low light conditions. But there's another factor with it, red and infrared. Now, this is the important point when you said, and you nailed it in with the waves. Everything's a wave, okay. So when we look at the rainbow, ultraviolet has the shortest wavelength, which is the most energy. Red light on the other end of the spectrum has the lowest wave length, and then even lower than that is is infrared, which literally means before red and infrared is not visible to the human eye. Light is a form of electromagnetic energy. There's many forms of electromagnetic energy on the em spectrum microwaves, X rays, gamma rays, ultraviolet, infrared, and it's so think of the infrared. Excuse me, the electromagnetic spectrum as a as a yardstick, or for our friends overseas, a meter stick, and what we can see on it visible white light would be roughly half an inch maybe a centimeter if that on that on that measuring stick. So what that means is the vast majority of the electromagnet spectrum is beyond what we're able to see with the human eye. And so these red night vision goggles not only enabled the soldiers to see in the red light spectrum, but also into the infrared spectrum, which is beyond the human eyes ability to perceive. And so this is what's known. These were what's known as image enhancing night vision devices and what the red night vision goggles do or in the green daw too, But what they do is they take in the photons, which are the particles of light, and then they convert them into electrons, and then the electrons are shot into an image intensifier tube which amplifies them and converts them into from the electrons into something that we can see with the human eye. So there's this complicated process, but it all happens essentially at the speed of light.
Speaker 2: Then, according to the legend, they confiscated those particular night vision glasses that were treated with the diocene dye that had this infrared possibilities, and they the ones that were able to see demons. What, according to the story, happened to the people You mentioned that they had mental issues and stuff. But shouldn't there be massive research today, shouldn't you shouldn't we be selling these red night vision glasses so that people can go outside and see the demons that are outside of their home. If that's happening.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been researching this for some time and I can't find any of the Vietnam era red night vision goggles available. And I read I actually got hold of a US Army It's now unclassified. It was a report on the use of night vision devices by US Army units in Vietnam. And I went through every single you know, being a lawyer, I went through the entire document and looked for everything and all it said. It didn't mention any red night vision goggles, but it did mention a number with defective parts that had to be basically taken taken back. And I, you know, and I'm not saying that that that is military code speak for oh gosh, we have something like that. The problem, you know, Houston, we have a problem. But certainly it sent my spidery sense tingling.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's that's exactly what I'm getting at too. When we go back to intuition and then we talk about the ability to sense auras, that this would if this were as we discussed, if the paranormal really just lesser understood normal circumstances, then we should be able to just make them. We don't need there was they weren't magic. It wasn't like somebody waved a wand over them. Even if it's just a matter of taking the armies currently available military surplus green nighttime vision goggles, taking out those lenses and putting in red ones, we should be able to replicate those red goggles, right.
Speaker 3: One would think so. And you know because when Kilner, when the scientist Walter Kilner was making his oor goggles back in the early twentieth century, back in the nineteen twenties, that's exactly what he was using. He was doing the dice die sign and die, putting it between to photographic plates. What it was first used for Ian was stellar photography because the dysigon and die increased the sensitivity excuse me, the sensitivity to light beyond the visible spectrum. And think about you know, the early twentieth century, we have these massive telescopes and now they're being able to photograph them, and then they realized that, well, we have to see beyond visible light and they were using uh, these red screens and wow, we're seeing more than that. But then Kilner started saying that, you know, you can see auras with them, which is is just a whole nother discussion, and you know, I've talked to Dave Schrader and to other of my friends who are in the paranormal investigation field, and everybody wants to get a hand their hands on these Vietnam era goggles. I think the answer to your question is it's the process of how the disin and dye is actually applied. I think just painting a lens red with that die, I don't know if that's enough. I think there may be a process because everything I read is it is put between two pieces of glass. So there is a lot more to this than just looking at red lights. But here's an interesting thing. So the military confiscates the red night vision goggles, replaces them with green, and then reports of UFOs has gone off the scale by military personnel using green night vision goggles. And even though they're not using red goggles, they're using green goggles. There's actually a tour company in Sedona, Arizona that takes people out into the desert and lets them wear green night vision goggles to see if they can find UFOs. So the answer to your question is, yes, we're doing this, it's just not happening with red knight vision goggles. That see gargoyle type entities. It is using green, which is a whole different wavelength, which may enable people to more easily see UFOs or UAP unidentified aerial phenomenon through the green light spectrum.
Speaker 2: Okay, but my intuition, my hunch is that if everything about this legend were true, then we would have we would be able to recreate those goggles again, that there's nothing special about them in the sense that they weren't you know, they weren't pulled from a stone, they they weren't sprinkled with pixie dust. That if it's scientific that we should be and if it's really true that we can see demons in the infrared, then we should be able to anytime we're in the infrared, be able to see them anytime we're using some sort of because there are other ways to see infrared, to look through into that or through an infrared lens without using night vision glasses. That that's not the only way to do it.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more