Speaker 1: You don't want to, don't ask your question.
Speaker 2: Real good, let's just keep it real. Straight Shot with no Chaser. I'm gonna get a little bit rougher. I'm here for it. Those who really believed in the American process, all of us. Street Shot, No Chase with your girl, Testlim Figure out on the Black Effect podcasting that Wedsday one. What's happening? Everybody's this Teslim Figure, straight Shot, no Chase, Server with Jada Real. We are back, We are back. A lot has been going on. I don't even know where to star Jade. It's been so much I think since the last time the family heard from us. Joe Biden got off. Well, she's not tending to yet definitely hasn't become the nominee. But stuff is just moving so so so fast. Guys, I've been all over the place. You will always get a drop from me every Thursday. We've been trying to do two shows a week, Tuesday and Thursday. We missed Tuesday this week just because the the the the media or the now I want to say the media. Uh, the news cycle has been going so fast and all the other things you know that we're trying to do as well, Uh, it just got away from it. I don't know no other way to say it. James's gonna keep it real. I just just tried to do it all. I had a movie that I did Friday in New York. Shout out to Little Steven. Make sure you go listen to that episode. I'm so excited Jade about black film, about moving forward. Shout out to Jay for helping me with my lines. Jake, do everything y'all you do producing, executive producing, segment producing, research management. Uh, acting coach like she do it all.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I like, he says, because you never know what we're gonna do, which is fun. And even when we're doing something on the fly, she's like she wants excellent. So when we started with the line, she was like, come on, Jay Le, we need you to get into your acting mode.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, and I knew my lines. My same partner did not, So I felt good about that because I didn't think because you know, I was on the plane and I was like, dang, Jade, I should have downloaded the video of you and I so I could because it just made it easier. I was trying to figure out the best way to memorize it. And what I learned is watching that video helped because it allowed me to stop and save my part before I said my part, opposed to just reading it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said, I'm holding you to a standard as well. We don't want no bloopers.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad, right right, right, So I'm excited and god, so you know, like, oh, man, tell something after all of a sudden. No, the goal behind this, I think everybody one point is probably acting. You know, I wrote the plays seventh grade, Save the Children, sold Out, whatever. I've done that my whole life. But my goal is not oh yeah, I want to be some actress. So did you guys know the bigger plan? I have a book called Kitty's Letter that I wrote in twenty fifteen. It's dated, but it's not dated. I wrote that and then Gang Banging the Politics a fiction book date and it's a lot of the stuff that you saw happen in real time, but I talked about it well before it happened. So the sex, the drama, what you're seeing happen with Trump in real time, the mafia like moves, all of that. I wrote that in my fiction book. And so I want to bring that to film. I've always wanted to bring it to film, but at the time, there was no to b you know, twenty fifteen wasn't that long ago, but nobody knew what. Nobody was talking about TWOV at that time. I didn't even know. I didn't even imagine having an independent film or independent series. I just wrote the book and was like, maybe I can pitch it to somebody through one of my networks. And so throughout the year's date, I've always just kind of wanted to pitch it and well, maybe if I, you know, you said, maybe I give with fifty cent one day and I could pitch it on. And I have talked to a few people who, you know, I Ben Crump is very close to Tyler period Tyler Perry doesn't like things getting pitched to him and all that. So it's always like, you gotta wait on the right time. So then two becomes out of nowhere, and I'm looking at people that I know that are funding their projects independently, you know, putting twenty thirty forty fifty thousand, seventy thousand and actually doing a decent film. Now I know people talk about to Be and the Bloopers and all that. But guys, I really encourage you, like to really go watch like some of some of their series, like The Dirty d for example, but some really really good series. They're actually really good that are very popular, and they're not just bloopers and jokes and games. And I also want people to know that it's not just bloopers and like it really is people like putting their money into a project and a lot of people that may not have the experience for Hollywood and trying to figure it out, or that may not have the budget. A lot of it comes down the budget too, like for example. And so so let me kind of speed up. I know the show what aboutis people probably interested in now that I'm talking about it. So in order to bring my film to the screen, I am one, as you should know by now if you follow me, I like to know what I'm doing based on doing it. I'm like that in politics, I'm like that in rapping. I'm like that in singing. I'm like that in acting. If you ain't up being in the studio, like it's important to know, like you have some experience. It doesn't have to be a lot, but you have a taste of it. I don't like people talking about well, I'm political cambait of and you ain't never knocked on a door. It hits different when you're knocking on doors. Shout out to Michelle, a colleague, Michelle in front of her office. She's knocking on She's knocked on three thousand doors in thirty days. It's a different perspective. She lost twenty some pounds in the heat and the rain. It hit different when you knock on those doors. So that's the first reason. Second reason is Jay is you want to make sure that before you invest your money in anything, you have an idea. You don't ever want to just turn over fifty thousand or one hundred thousand of heart earn money or money that you got a loan and not know what the hell people are doing with it. Right, You don't want to just say you don't want you don't want to just give somebody your money and not know. And there could be the smallest thing that you not know. You know that by being on the set you would have known. So for example, I'm gonna give you that software. I was like, ooh, Jay would love this. I've done two movies, so the one that I did in Atlanta. You know they just eat sent me a text, hey be here at this time. This one that I did, they had a software and you know I love confirmations, and so this software sent the call time. It's a studio software. It sent the call time, It's sent the temperature, the weather. You know this what you need to have, da da da da. And then it allows you to confirm that you received the call sheet. Really love that, you know how I'm always like send an email confirmed received, got it. So this particular software you click it in and says confirm and it has the day and time that you are aware that you need to be here at this time. So those types of things I even look at that like, man, this is great forect managing on other things. So I learned that, or little things like where people be laughing. You may not know. So when I did my scene, you I'm used to doing live TV, so I'm talking like a real dialogue. Me having this slow down so I'm not jumping over the lines, you know, learning that which I want to work with the acting coach to learn more about that. But then also where my hand was on the glass. We did the scene three different ways, so you had a distance. You had my close up, his close up my hand. I don't know where my hand, my hand on the glass may not be. Remember did you see that meme or that video ray J's hat that kept moving? No, okay, it's hilarious. It's a video of him talking and his hat was like on various sides of his head. Well, what happens sometimes when you're watching those movies, especially if it's a low budget and they don't have a lot of time to do scenes four and five times, or you may not have an extra person on there that saying wait a minute, her hand was right by the you know, the stem or was right by the bottom R is right by. So I might be talking and they may edit something together and one minute not that people can see me, but one minute in my hand is here, and the next minute it is here, The next minute is here. You know, so people can't see me out but I'm going I'm showing like your hand can be up at the top or in the middle. Or maybe I'm talking with the glass in one moment and the next I'm not talking with the glass. So little things like that that you just don't know unless you're on set, right, So when I'm spending my money. Those are things that I want to know because I plan on being on the set directing all of that, and I want my I want to know that I got a team there that's knowing what to watch, because nobody cough that with me until the end till he told me. So those little things, little things like my screen part of my scene, part of his collar was in and we couldn't remember if it was in or was it out. He had on a sweater, you know, so you can be watching like, damn his collar was out. Damn his collar was in. But once you put the movie, you don't have a lot of time because you're paying people. By today, these are not big Hollywood budgets, So those small little things can make a difference. And then when it's edited and put together, put together, yeah, it's big fun jokes to people on the other side. But I want the story also j to be told that, no, this was a black man that put fifty thousand dollars in his project. You know, one hundred thousand dollars project employed forty fifty people on the set. You know, people who have backgrounds that could never you know, don't have jobs giving people opportunities. That story has to be told. It can't just be the jokes and the funny. So three things that I want to accomplish. One, get my story. Get Kitty's Litter my fiction book, because it's a dope ass series, it really is. Two, I want the story to be told behind the impact that two B has brought. Two B has more streams, more viewers than any of these paid platforms. Amazon really. Yeah, people google and look it up. Yeah, they hit it, was an article about it, came out about it a maybe last month. And those are black viewers. We are literally making to be and that's what they do. They bring us in to build it up and then they take away. They don't pay us as much and all of that. And then three, there's a policy conversation I want to have meaning that impact. What is that supposed to look like for a city of Detroit that has put out probably now close to five hundred movies, What does that look like to Atlanta? How are those things recognized? Should there be grant funding to keep these things going? So there's a lot of things that I'm doing with this movie thing, having fun with the acting, but I do want people to know it's not. Everything that I do is connected somehow, you know, to a larger picture. And storytelling is very much it's very important to what we do in politics. It's everything about politics is somebody's story. So that's powerful. And then you know, I don't always want to be just on the front of the camera all the time. I enjoy I really want to, you know, when you're able to that could to produce, fund the project, direct, get behind the scenes. You also want to transition, you know, where are other areas you can be in. And two because so many things that I do are connected to entertainment and entertainers people need something to be entertained. So that's also another way of getting people to tap in to what I'm doing on the on the larger scale. So thank you for bearing with me to kind of go through that. But I just want people to know that it's not just something. But if I was just want to be an actress, so what, But that's that's not what it is. It's really a bigger picture. And I got my next film in October. Yeah, I'm gonna get killed in this one, so so this would be pretty fun. So it's a little bit longer each time. It's getting a little bit longer than what it was last time. So the first time it was just myself as a reporter, I played myself. The second time, you know, that was about ten minutes, and now this one a little bit longer. So I'm excited about that and we'll see where that goes. So I did that, and then Sunday we had the Sonya macy rally. We're gonna talk about that in a second. But with the traveling and being all everywhere, we just the bottom line, we just didn't get a Tuesday episode. So definitely my apologies for that. But let's just kind of recap Jay just quickly just throw some stuff out there on what's happened in the last week. We know there was a lot of Uh, it's happened so fast? Has VPA? Has there been two weeks? So one week?
Speaker 1: I believe it's been just over one week, so.
Speaker 2: This is going into the second week.
Speaker 1: Yes, And within that one week, VP Harris has raised over was there over two hundred million dollars for her campaign. So everybody from gays for Kamala, white women for Kamala, white dudes for Kamala. Uh they yep, Indians yep. But let's let's be clear. The Black women for Kamala they kicked it off, and then the Black men for Kamala Harrison when in So they've been raising a lot of money and that has been really remarkable to see. Just on that White Dudes for Harris they had their call last night. There were several white celebrities on the call. The actual organizing page for White Dudes for Harris was taking down test on it.
Speaker 2: Let's first, let's first give some sets. One hundred and fifty thousand people were on their car and again not everybody there was white because I was listening, So, but you know, we want to get a numbers. One hundred and fifty thousand people on their call. They raised four million dollars. Yeah, we already had a lot of pre donations before they already started over a million start now because once they put it out there, they had the donation button out there. I was labing because I was looking at all the names, because I liked the way they had the ticker of the names going across going across the stage, and so when I was looking at Ryan and Bread and I just thought that was really funny. So I was like oh yeah, they're doing the name. So it was very interesting to watch, and I also was I was very interested in seeing like what language they were gonna use and how careful they would be. And so they did. Started out right out the gates saying, we know we're white men, and we know that historically, you know, basically saying when you see white men organizing, it's usually with pointy hats on, and that ain't what we're trying to do, and we're just trying to help and listen. They came very humble. They even started out with a black guy talking, which I thought was kind of weird. I'd rather I want to hear what white men had to say. But I guess that was their way of, you know, saying, we're in the listening. Yeah, I know that too.
Speaker 1: That brother, I'll put his name up in just a moment, but he is actually the head of the Working Families Party.
Speaker 2: They but they still got a white dude that worked. They shouldn't let the white dude do it, in my opinion, because even in our spaces when we do our stuff, we don't want white people coming in hospital, Like if we're seeing black men and black women, you don't have to stoppen the blow to have the black men, let's hear what the white guy has to say. You know, black guy did acknowledge saying, hey, I'm a black dude and I'm doing but I just I don't know. They probably just did that just rather be safe than sorry. But it's okay. Stand on it, y'all say y'all white dudes, stand on it, you know, learn the language, learn to be whatever. But that was my only thing about it. But it wasn't a it's not a critique. I just didn't think it was necessary.
Speaker 1: Yes, and just to also reiterate the statue that we threw out, she threw out. I'm seeing that it was over one hundred and eighty thousand participants and nearly four million dollars. Initially they quoted three point seven million dollars, and then another report is saying they raised over four million dollars. But either way, I'm sure BP Harris will take all the millions of dollars. I know, white women, their call was pretty successful as well. They raised about eight million dollars on their call.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah they Lady Yes.
Speaker 1: And also a co founder of Netflix, also endorsed and made a donation to Vice President Kamala Harris. I know right now she's speaking and scheduled to speak in different places, speaking in Georgia. She'll be doing a concepts.
Speaker 2: Do on Wait. As a side note, that Netflix founder was the one that also said he won't gonna give another dime if Joe Biden stayed on the ticket. Just to be clear, Sea, Yeah, so he came back to make good on his promise. Well was he definitely ran Joe off the ballot.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, I know we're talking about things that we missed. You know, Joe Biden. President Biden is still trying to he's still going strong. I know he went to Austin, Texas to speak at the LBJ Library and he spoke on civil rights. I know that Reverend Al Sharkon and others joined him on Air Force one and they went there. He did get to speak about civil rights and the importance of it. I know you had the pleasure of watching that as well. Test not sure if you had any thoughts on it, but you know that the President looked stronger than he did at that debate with Trump.
Speaker 2: I must say, m yeah, I like that he called for Supreme court term livings eighteen years. You know a lot of people say, oh, that's ridiculous, that's crazy talking. It ain't gonna happen. Well, everything is always crazy talking until it happens, you have to still put it out there. Obviously, we know he can't get it done, and you know it won't happen, but it's a conversation that needs to you know, that needs to happen. So yeah, he's still the President of the United States. And hey, I said this on my last and I'm not going to keep reiterating it for the sake reiterating it. But I am concerned, you know, with the white voters in these swing states. I did believe that they were more comfortable Joe Biden. But I still I am an organizer, and I am impressed with the organizing that's been happening. I am I don't have a reason to be mad and bitter, Like a lot of people are mad and bitter that people are organizing. It's actually showing how insignificant people are. You know, I talked to you about this all the time. Where it may seem like five hundred people with thout people like but you're getting a chance to see like what organizers do for real, not just you, but just people in general. It is really making the people in the corner who are yelling, screaming and hollering show how and they could be yelling and screaming for the right reasons. I want to be clear about that. You got every right to yell and scream, but you're getting a chance to see what organizing looks like, and how fast and how organic it can be, and how if you really got the juice that you say you got and you really able to make it pop and get something organic and put it out there and say truckers for Harris or truckers against Harris. It's enough people who are against VP Hares that there should have been a call. I think you mentioned somebody is having a call like Blacks with Trumps or Blacks again hair, So let's see. We're gonna see that what that call look like, how many people are on the call. So you have every right to organize for against But what you can't do Jay between now in the next ninety eight days is not do anything at all. If you think that just getting in the comments and telling somebody else what they shouldn't be doing is organizing, that's not it. If your job is to just discourage, that's not it. Because the momentum is so high for Harris in this moment that everybody else having these little random conversations is not working. Jade's getting drowned out. So what I'm saying, I'm not encouraging anybody to do anything, but I'm telling you that if you want to put your demands on the table, if you want to actually be heard and taken serious, you're gonna need to gather up all of those that agree with you and make a statement. Because right now, random I ain't voting for it because she ain't black. I ain't voting because she locked up there. I ain't vote that. Ain't that ain't cutting it. Where's the numbers? Put the numbers on the table. And so that's that's what I've been preaching the people.
Speaker 1: Many many things have happened. Again, tes, I want to reiterate that VP Harris's poll numbers have increased right since over the last week, since she is now the ded the Democratic nominee.
Speaker 2: What else.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump, of course, has still been campaigning. He made a statement that if Christians vote for him, they'll never have to vote again in another election, and BP Harris definitely did clap back at him for that particular comment. What else do we know? Within the last week, okay, the FBI has stated that Donald Trump will will be giving a statement in testimony about Eargate. I'm calling it Eargate test you know, the atted assassination and where he was shot in the ear. So what has been confirmed that he was hit by bullet in his ear? So we should be hearing.
Speaker 2: Oh, we don't have no picture of it, though I believe him. I just won't know where's the picture.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know about the picture. But you know, people are calling him miracle ear and saying that it's held quite quite quickly in on his speaking engagements of course on the campaign trail, and they're not seeing any scars. So you know, there's definitely a lot of conscience around that. I know you did mention that President Biden has called for Supreme Court reforms and constitutional limits on presidential immunity. So that has also happened. The Secret Service director, oh my goodness, has been getting grilled. Oh yeah, yeah, the the investigations team in Congress tech who's was going in? I know you were watching that as well. Did you want to talk about.
Speaker 2: No, they just not done to thee just you know, asking the questions that they couldn't answer that they should know by now, like you said, I think they said it's been seventeen days, and little things like was it somebody on the roof or they supposed to be on the roof or not on the roof? Oh, I don't know, I'm still looking ato that you should know that was somebody assigned on the roof. It's a simple question. Well we know the person there went on the inside, Yeah, but were they supposed to be there? So just so they were dancing around a lot of a lot of questions and you know, didn't answer and I think at this stage just on it exceptable, they truly screwed up. You know, whether you like Trump or not, that that was not a good look at all. And I think for Trumpets to believe everything is a conspiracy anyway, it definitely plays into that they probably did it to hurt him kind of thing. And so it was a bump for him, I believe. But with this new momentum with VP Harris, it done kind of sucked out the energy that honestly at least if you're looking at that momentum. Because it threw the campaign off, they don't know which direction to go, and they tried to the insult way, which normally worked before, but it ain't working too well for him right now. You know, with the cat ladies and the women with no kids and all of that, it ain't. It ain't landing the way they thought it was gonna land, calling the benbows and dumb bows and all of that. That ain't it ain't landing the way y'all wanted to land. So I even saw two Fox hosts pushback. Stuart who's always asking me if buy more woman of color? The one I always say, I'm not a woman of color. He pushed back on that. Also, another host, Neil uh Cavado, also pushed back on that. He's all Neil's always very kind to me too. He always send me a personal thank you note every time I go on his show. He pushed back on that too, saying, you know, why do you all find the clip? He said, why do you keep call him a dumbo? Like that's not getting us anywhere. You don't have to keep insulting her. So even on the Fox side, they like y'all just doing too much with this. It ain't working mm hmm. We'll see.
Speaker 1: So I just also wanted to note that VP Harris will be making her running mate announcement next week. We're expected to hear that next week, and we know that a lot several governors from swing states are in the running, so we have to see, like is it is it gonna be someone from Arizona or Pennsylvania. You know what's going on. There's a lot of anticipation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would guess Pennsylvania. North Carolina's out, which I was kind of saying North Carolina, so they don't know. Other way would make sense with Pennsylvania to me, who will see, they'll know. Excuse me, guys, I'm yan yan. And on the podcast they said, well, no in a week, and they said she's plans to be on the campaign trail with her person next week.
Speaker 1: So the interesting thing, though, test is that VP Harris has got endorsements from border mires in the smain state Arizona, which was shocking to several people because she's been facing a lot of GOP criticism on immigrations. So several mayors from down there have actually endorsed her. So we'll see how that goes. Do want to mention this? This happened, all right? So now the Iowa six week abortion band is now in effect.
Speaker 2: All right? So first or twenty second or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is now in effect, and it's prohibiting procedures before many women even know that they're pregnant. Now one I have to look and see exactly which possible contender for VP. Harris's running mate is also being criticized on their previous statements on abortion. So now the abortion is back in you know the headlines. Given Iowa six week abortion band going into effect, everyone's abortion records are going to be thoroughly checked and that is coming into the conversation as well. So those are the things that have happened thus far. And I'm sure this will continue to be a fast news week.
Speaker 2: Tis Yeah, No, we got a lot going on. We have again just reminder my little role the next six few months chief political correspondent for Revolt News, So I'll be doing weekly segments for Revolt every week. Also, we're going to do some more debates. I hope you guys have enjoyed that. And this week, I believe if I can get to Houston that they can get the credentials for Houston. I'll be covering that. She's going to VV Harris won be speaking to the Zetas on Houston on Wednesday, and then I'll possibly go to the funeral with the turn Bensroom Crump for congress Room. She Jackson Lee she'll be there as well. I'm not sure about that, so we'll see. But then Friday going into Atlanta, UH to do some interviews. One will Representative jasp and Crockett, so you know, be looking out for that, and then heading to I believe next week. I believe it is the DNC convention, so I will be in that. We'll be there in Chicago and that's gonna be lit, so we'll be doing some coverage from that as well. They also have in a BJ Tomorrow, Donald Trump will be at the National Association Black Journalists. I plan to be there, but I was trying to figure out all these different places we have to be in such a short amount of time. But you know, people they're they're on my page. They're getting confused, Oh, it's Chicago, this is not Chicago. It's in Chicago. This is the National as Social Black Journalists it's a closed off event. It's not bringing in everybody. It's not for Roland Martin because he gonna be in the room and he gonna give it a bit. No, it's the people on the panel that will be speaking to him only. It's not taking questions at least that's how it's normally not And for people saying, well, why is Harri's falking up there? No candidate would agree to not having somebody that leans towards them on the panel, it just makes sense. You don't walk into a you know, suicide mission. It's not about oh, just have everybody keep it written. No, you always want to have somebody that's favorable to you, that you feel is going to be fair. So if I got a debate, I'm gonna be like, Okay, let's make sure we got this person that person. It can't all three b j's. It got to be a jade, somebody that's probably gonna be against me, and somebody's neutral. So any candidate would do that at any time. So that's not some Oh they ain't trying to keep it real. They try to know that's just what it is. But I commend them for going I commend him for going because he certainly understands that he's not going into a friendly room. And so I always in that same way I commended Mayor Pete and Bernie Sanders when they did a town haul on Fox News. I'm all about go to the areas where you don't have the favorability, go to the places where people are not willing to listen to you. So I think that's I respect that if nothing else, even if the panel people are favorable to you, you're still walking in a room that you know you're more than likely not welcome. Then, so I always got.
Speaker 1: Respect for that. Yeah, I'm seeing. Well, first off, you mentioned Roland Martin. Shout out to Roland Martin. He actually did. Sweeten wanted to clarify that he was not given an opportunity to, you know, be a part of that panel, and that no mail journalists were invited to be on the panel or to moderate the panel either. So he wanted to see, why.
Speaker 2: Is he shitting on an ABJ in that way, Roland? Why are you tweeting that to clarify that? Like, come on Land to clarify, and then all don't want you to be on it, and he don't want you to be on a road. You don't have to be on everything and be a part of everything and everything gotta be blasting somebody out, girl, Rowland, something shut out to you, rolling, but you something else sometimes you really are Everything really ain't about you Roland. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also I see that April Ryan tweeted that, according to a source that she got, we don't know who the source is. They confirmed that allegedly that VP Harris will not be attending uh the NABJ convention either.
Speaker 2: She just gon't be there this week. Yep, it was not about a source. It's posted with V B Harris just doing I mean she's literally it's not a source. I mean she'll be like I said she'll be. And she also said that on you open up the tweet, she said she'll be a crameiss woman. She Jackson Lee's. But I guess April probably needed to recon ask that since Trump is going, they probably saying what about Harris? What about Harris? So, but it was about a source. It's about no Tuesday. She's in Atlanta Tomorrow. Wednesday is the day the NABJ opens up. She will be speaking to the Zada's in Houston. The reason why she's in Houston is because she's gonna be there for Sheila Jackson Lee's funeral, as she should. She elected. Lee served thirty years and you know, so also Clinton and Obama will be there as well. I'm not sure about Biden. I will assume, but I don't know what's going on with the kel, you know, whatever going on with him. But she's given the eulogy at Sheela Jackson Lee's funeral, and so NABJ by the time she would get to that on Friday, it's pretty much over with, you know, at that at that point. So that's what that's about. There's other things going on, and to be in the room with NABJ and to be quite honest with you, a room that media that supports her but really just report on her. If I was her campaign manager, I would be going to the zadas who actually are going to organize, like organize phone bank, knock on doors. It's their boulet. So when you got an opportunity to go, you know, before ten thousand or so, I have, I mean, you know what's gonna be. That's that's where you need to be with the organizers and not and not because it's the Divine nine or whatever. They was just no organizers. They actually these women's part of the pillars to organize and to get involved and so that that it makes sense for her to be there. And because she did go to the Ak's like you've got to still show the love across the board. So that's what that's about. It's not about it, but you know whatever, I think April needed to just confirm them for people that wanted to know why she wasn't there and why Trump was.
Speaker 1: See and this is why you are a chief political correspondent and for this election season because the way you just broke that down. And this is why I love coming on too straight shot and chasing with you because I'm always getting, you know, a lesson in all things political. So thanks you.
Speaker 2: For you were one of the ones that was like, why she not going? She should be going?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I was just confused. I didn't expect her to go. I'm like, why would she want to be there if Trump is there? You know, I mean I didn't. I wouldn't expect for her to want to be there when the same day.
Speaker 2: Or but of course you would love that though you always like, yeah, you wouldn't want to be there the same day. If you got an audience, I want to talk to that same audience. Yeah, okay, but that wasn't why. It just you need to be where the organizers are, and not even because of organizers. And just another point, not because it's in Houston, Texas, which is not a swing state. She was just in Houston, Texas last week. But she was in Hugeton last week because the teachers' unions was organizing here, so are in Texas in Houston, so teachers from all over the country were there. So this boulet Zada from all over the country will be there. So if you got an opportunity. It's not like she's trying to organize in Houston, Texas per se. It's just where they're all gathering, very different to Atlanta. Now this podcast comes up on two Thursday, so I'm trying to so guys know, you know the day recording, not the same day, but today is Tuesday. She's organizing in Atlanta, Georgia, in a swing state. That's not She's not coming to Houston because of the swing state. You're coming because somebody from them swing states are going to be in that audience. And you need them organizing. So it's not because Trump is gonna be there. It's because I'm actually over trying to do the work because I got ninety eight days.
Speaker 1: Yo, a ninety eight day campaign. Yeah, maybe let's say she had about one hundred and some days, but still maybe one hundred and seven days maybe, but woo.
Speaker 2: Not eight days. And I gotta go. I gotta go speak to people, journalists or not organizers. And to be honest with you, most black journalists, we're just gonna be honest, they're already favorable towards her. So why would I spend that time? Kind of like, you know, the campaign you and I are working on and I'm helping behind the scenes, it's all about how much time do you have, Where do you spend that time? Where is it most valued? What's the money work? You know, why is it work? You know, we had that conversation about simple text message. Do we spend the money to invest on that? And remember you're like, yeah, people are responding. But then when you actually start getting the numbers and like, well how many Jay, oh, about twenty out of how many?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Six times? I don't know, Yeah, yeah, not worth it? Yeah, it starts seeming like it's a lot until you really start, Okay, well, if I got five hundred dollars left, what do I spend that on that or this? You know, So it's always about reassessing daily. Where's the greatest return of investment, what's the most we get out of it? What's the more? And it's a double win in Texas because Texas believes they can flip Texas at some point. It is more Democrat votes. But again it's not just her. It did this Beto when he ran twice. All of that they galvanized a lot. They got really close, just not close enough. So even with her going to Houston, you're still planning a seed that may not pay off now but down the road. But if she had to come to Houston to plan a seed, you wouldn't do that with ninety eight days left. You ain't got time to be planning. See, you gotta go where you're gonna get the biggest for your buck. But again, she's only coming because you have a boulet and you got I'm sure five ten thousand women in one room who are gonna literally take marching orders and go out and not just talk on social media.
Speaker 1: The other thing that has happened is that there's a Project twenty twenty five update. I know that word has been circulating. We've been talking about Project twenty twenty five has been out for over a year. So the now former director, Paul Dance has stepped down from his position at Project twenty twenty five. So he's no longer the director. And Project twenty twenty five, for those who don't know, I may not know, is a conservative strategy for a potential second Trump term amid heavy criticism, including from Trump himself. So Trump has tried to distance himself away from it. So, yes, the Heritage Foundation is responsible for Project twenty twenty five, and the Heritage Foundation's president, doctor Kevin Roberts, did confirm that Paul Dance has departed from Project twenty twenty five. And you know they are still very very celebratory that Project twenty twenty five has successfully united over one hundred and ten conservative organizations.
Speaker 2: Right, So people who are run around talk about it's just a scare tactic. You sound ridiculous. One hundred and ten organizations that got together and raised twenty two million dollars. That's a strategy. That's a strategy. Why would they make that make sense? If Democrats are using it for a scare tactic, they're not the ones that came up with it. The Conservatives came up with it. So are you now saying that Democrats told them to come up with it so they can have it for a scare tactic. Make it make sense now if you're saying that you don't like that they're using that as a way to Okay, but it's an actual, real strategy. It's an actual strategy. One hundred and fifteen organizations got together and raised twenty two million dollars to advocate for these things. Not that all those things are going to go through, not that they're not going to pass, not that yes, some of the stuff is extremely extreme, whatever, but it is a strategy the same way I would love to have a strategy for Push the Lawn that say, hey, we're gonna put ten million dollars behind recruiting, training, educating and putting people in position. That's all it is. They just actually have the funding for it in the organizations is supported, and I don't that's not a scare tactic.
Speaker 1: That's a strategy, absolutely, And you know the document Project twenty twenty five is nearly one thousand pages long, and just to be clear for listeners, this Project twenty twenty five was launched to provide a roadmap for the next Republican president's first one hundred and eighty days. So those are all of the things that they're saying strategically, this is what we are going to implement in the first one hundred eighty days of the next Republican president. And in this case we'll be Trump. Now. Just to be clear again, Trump has distanced himself from the project, stating on social media, quote, I have no idea who is behind the end quote. But how could that be true? Tes when a CNN review of Project twenty twenty five found that at least one hundred and forty former Trump administry officials contribute it to the project.
Speaker 2: Right, but even if he did, I'll go ahead and take him in his word. Even if he didn't know anybody behind it, it doesn't matter. They're behind you. He don't have to know them. They know him, they're behind his move. And people get into the detail of arguing about they do know, he do know, he do know, even though that's a good point to bring up, but I don't people know I don't. I got people that follow me on Instagram, but I don't have a clue of who they are. But they support what I do, so as long as I got to ride after supporting what I do. We don't ever have to know each other. Knowing each other means nothing. Do you support what I what I do? You see what I'm saying. I don't need to know you. The army don't know every general. People on the ground don't know every general, who they fighting for or who over it and who they try. It's about do you believe in the common mission and the common goal? In fact, you always keep the distance. You don't want to know. That's all one of the excuses. That's how I got caught up in that hush money case. Pay Mike, pay Michael Cohen, and he go pay that person and pay, and that it's supposed to be not knowing. Don't dealers stay off the phone for a reason. That don't mean you don't support the agenda. Or if you don't support the agenda, the agenda supports you. That's the point. People have to flip that talking point around. He don't have to know him. He can distance all day long. It still don't mean we ain't riding for you at don Yeah.
Speaker 1: And this director that director or now former director Paul Dance can step down all he wants from that position. But Project twenty twenty five will continue to go on and will continue to be implemented because they're very very clear in terms of what their playbook is and what their roadmap is.
Speaker 2: And I don't believe you know, stepping down that's just for talk in theater. Period. The project is moving on. It's always been moving on. The agenda's always been there. It just keeps getting more and more extreme. So he can step down, step aside, move in the middle. Bottom line is the agenda's there. Period.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I wanted to wrap up quickly. No, we've been there long enough, but wanted to again rest in peace to Sonya Macy. There was a National Day of Morning we mentioned at the top of the show, National Day of Morning for her. I know of a few rallies I end up. I don't mention in my apologies, just the ones that people sent me. I know Charlotte, Houston, New York. Wasn't something in DC as well?
Speaker 1: Yes, DC, Chicago, Brooklyn, New York and definitely her hometown of Springfield, Illinois. And I also think I saw something for Atlanta. So there were many, many ones that happened, and I know you had the honor and the privilege of speaking at one as well.
Speaker 2: Test Yeah, definitely, I was in Like I said, I was in New York, and it was either stay in New York or go to Houston. I felt it was more appropriate to go to Houston with Serena McGee terror Brown, who is George Floyd's cousins, who they've become sister like sisters to me, And so I wanted to attend because this really should be as big as an outcry as George Floyd. I mean, it was just that bad. It wasn't eight minutes, but we saw just cold blooded murder in the fact that she said I rebuking the name of g like cold bloody murder. And I just would have thought it would have been a longer and bigger outcry. You know, I've been telling you, Jade all year, is gonna take two things, another George Floyd thing, our project twenty twenty five or Trump getting elected and being that we just had a George Floyd thing, and know and people still halfway sleep. I hope we don't have to see fat me and greasy. I hope that I'm wrong, but we are really asleep at the wheel. The energy was super low. I had to really like I made them stand up, like people were sitting down. It was quiet. I don't know if they thought day of morning meant quiet and solid or what. But it's a rally, you should be turned up. And Tamika gave me the same feedback. She had to like, really, we know, like when we got to pull energy out the crowd, you know, like really work. We had to work, and that to me, and I'm appreciative of everybody being that. I'm just telling you the tone of what you would think, you know, national outcries just not there. And my son brought up a very interesting point, you know, he said that unfortunately, because of all that's happened with Black Lives Matter and the momentum and companies not doing what they're doing and di it just kind of sucked it out and it's taken away from you know, every time an activist it must be a scam or it really did hurt the movement and it's not cool anymore. Twenty twenty it was cool. The artist was on board rapping about it, singing about it, not about the cool about you know what the bright side of that is, Jay, I love when it's time to clean house. I want to see who really for real about this. I love that it's just a few so that way because you know, I'm gonna bring up the receipt when it get back cool again. Unfortunately, when it get back serious again, if Project twenty twenty five go through, now, all of a sudden, the so called influence is gonna have all the answers and where were they in moments like this?
Speaker 1: So yeah, morale is really low. But I'm sorry, tast I'm really I'm really disgusted at the amount of people that were definitely saying defund the police back in twenty twenty and those a lot of those same black folks are now saying that they are supporting Donald Trump, who wants to give federal immunity to the police. So I'm not really sure what's going on out there, but there definitely isn't a lot of support for this issue. And also the mainstream news media, aside from print media, I didn't see I haven't seen much about these rallies being covered in the mainstream media on television.
Speaker 2: E oo, well covered at all. I mean, you know they I've been watching a ticket. You know they covered Sonya a little bit, but they're not covered at all. The momentum is gone. I mean, I don't know, it's very low. And like I said, said, it's cycles, so it might you know, I don't know, but it's sad. I had to really but once we got everybody going, they were there, but you just you had to pull it out, you really did. And unfortunately we've just seen this too many times. And I guess people are numb. But those of us who are any gotta keep fighting, can't give up, can't allow low spirits and all that we have to. That's why I support sysms are so important. Like the people in my life, I'm like, man, your role is so important, like my daughter, my man, your cousin, your friend, your staff, your team, whatever, like that, that role is so important because it's not easy out here, really like having to be responsible. To get people to get motivated about somebody being murdered, you really have to lean into your spirit and Holy Spirit guide me and God my words. And I always don't like speaking. I told Yourey, I was like, no, I'm cool. I just want to show up in solidarity. I'm just cool, Like no, if I got to speak, you gotta speak like people like make you speak, and you have to just ask God to guide you and give you the words. So it's definitely not for show for sure. So thank everybody for coming out. It's great to hook up with. Everybody gives somebody some type of you know, encouragement. Always get filled up with those you know, those moments, and we're just gonna keep pushing to day a lot coming up, guys. Make sure you tap in to the podcast. Shout out to Black Effect Podcast Network for keeping this going fourth year, so please, you know, stay tapped in with that. Make sure you subscribe again. I gotta mention it. I'm keep mentioning. Check the follow. Make sure the follow is still there because they've been unsubscribing people. So tap in with that. And it's always nice Jay, when I meet somebody out there, like I listen to your podcast every week, I b like, for real, I'll be read on't be thinking pe'd be listening. But I did meet somebody to say that in Houston. So shout out to those of you to tap in with me and you know, stay connected. And you know, this work is hard. If I was Towerking, it'd be so much easier, but it's really hard to get people engaged. So that's why you see my hand in several different things, tapp in with Tedz, you know, Revolt, all of these different things. It tastes like fifty different things, you know, And I'm trying to build networks and spaces where they don't have necessarily the popularity. You can't just have everything of being about the breakfast club. We got to spread it out. So working my ass offt shout out to Memphis b one on one. I also been tapping in with them, tapped in with them last week. They want to start doing a weekly where I'm just kind of tapping in and you know, giving them some information. Local radio is important also, Quick Silva been tapping in with him and Baltimore and a couple other stations in the next ninety days. So I'm just trying to stretch myself jadas then as I can to do my part.
Speaker 1: Actually, you're doing a great John Test and thank you for all that you do and the work that's me that's continuing but.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for your work, because it's absolutely could not take on these projects without you. I say that every week, and we'll continue to say that. You're keeping me straight and on board and on task. Makes a big, big, big difference. So thank you so much. All Right, guys, tap in with us next week. We'll all let you feast peace. If you like what you heard on Straight Shot No Chaser, please subscribe and drop a five star review and tell a friend. Straight Shot No Chaser is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network in iHeartRadio on Teszlin figure Out, and I'd like to thank our producer editor mixer Dwayne Crauffer and our executive producer Charlotmagne da God. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.