Speaker 1: So many things to look forward to. Today.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to the show. It's Brook and Jeffery. You found the official Second Day podcast. And today we've got a brand new episode that is your Awkward Tuesday. And then if you want to watch one of these live in studio, we've got the Awkward Thursday that's going up today on the YouTube. We say the YouTube just YouTube or is it like regional, like you know where you're in California and you say the.
Speaker 1: The five not I five.
Speaker 3: We're thinking it okay, because that is not it.
Speaker 1: I like that. Subscribe on the tubes.
Speaker 2: All right, Bie, jeff your your new episode starts right now.
Speaker 3: Some words in certain situations just should not be said unless you really really mean them, all right, Yeah, definitely like bomb while you're boarding a plate. Yeah, how would you ever if you mean it? Or cockroach in line at a fast food restaurant, yeah, or oopsie's mid circumcision ohis Yeah. Unfortunately for our listener, she said one little thing at the exact wrong moment, and now her romantic partner is completely avoiding her. You're gonna find out the single word that she said that changed everything. Hopefully we can help make it right in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 1: Next, it's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. How do you screw up a situationship when both people are into it? Maybe we need to ask our listener Juliana, who says her situationship is suddenly ghosting her and this is after six to seven months of constant, no drama hookups, just consensual action night after night after night.
Speaker 1: Wait every night, And Jeff, no, it's more of a relationship in.
Speaker 4: That's just when I'm picturing in my mind. But how did she mess that up? This is perfect for our show, Juliana, What did you do?
Speaker 3: So from your email, you made it sound like it's possible it's your fault that this all got thrown out of whack. But let's start from the beginning. Tell us about this guy that you're in a situationship.
Speaker 1: With, Levi okay, and how you define the situationship.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean when we started, it was definitely talked about that this would be casual. And he's ten years older than me, so you know, it had that like mysterious older man thing going on, and I was fine and I am fine with it being casual. I really am. But the issue is I did start to catch some feelings that happen.
Speaker 1: How could you not.
Speaker 2: After six or seven months? I mean, if you have it going on that lonely so much time.
Speaker 3: But it ends up for like a month or two, then that's what you plan.
Speaker 4: But then if it's like you guys are bonding after.
Speaker 3: Escalade, don't they have a pill for that though, something that you can like purge your feelings.
Speaker 5: I wish, I know, because I didn't expect to have these feelings happen. It was just supposed to be fun and it all kind of just turned into something very real.
Speaker 3: Well is this a good thing?
Speaker 1: Though? Like, if you both have good feelings and you're falling for each other, a rule of situationship can't fall for them. Yeah, so maybe you're falling gram and he's not falling back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's going on between the two of you?
Speaker 5: I think that's really what it is, because this is how I messed everything up. The other night at dinner. We were driving and I don't know why. It was just kind of one of those moments where we were chatting and throwing little jabs at each other in a very loving way, and something just came out of me and I was like, oh my god, I love you. And it was like, oh, but I don't even think I meant it. I don't think I meant like love, like oh I'm in love with you. It was just like, ah, this is so fun. I love hanging out.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's like you're throwing it with your girlfriend like I love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I loved the chicken tenders that we split the same dude.
Speaker 1: What happened in the car right after that?
Speaker 4: What was his reaction?
Speaker 5: Absolute silence?
Speaker 1: Actually scratch.
Speaker 5: It was awkward because he like grabbed my hand and I thought maybe he's going to say something nice and romantic, but then he just said nothing and he just held my hand and I just feel like that was the silent death of It'll be okay, sweetie, I won't talk to you ever again.
Speaker 1: So you're just a handholding as like a pat on the back.
Speaker 5: Yes, my poor thing, you poor thing. You have these feelings, okay.
Speaker 4: But could you could you have read it wrong? Possibly?
Speaker 5: I don't think so, because after that, he's just always got an excuse. Now it's like, oh I can't I have to go to the gym, or oh I'm going on a run, Like why are you always exercising all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: That's a hard part about situationships.
Speaker 2: It's like you're living on this thin little edge and anything can topple you one way.
Speaker 6: Or the other.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, and I just don't know how to get back to where it was, Like, that's what I need advice on. I need advice on how to get us to pre I love you bomb.
Speaker 3: You know, that's hard because even you've admitted that you are having deeper feelings for him than just the situationship.
Speaker 4: It's like you're fighting yourself.
Speaker 1: I like, do you actually want that? Is that what you're saying? Jeffs like, do you actually want to go back to.
Speaker 4: The way it was or just to something more comfortable.
Speaker 5: I wanted to go back the way it was because it was fun and spontaneous, and if we were to fall into more feelings, then maybe that happens later, but right now I just kind of want it not to be so serious.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is out of bounds to ask, but in your situationship, are you still actively talking with other guys.
Speaker 4: Or is this like a solo situationship.
Speaker 1: No, it's good to ask because we need to know his side too well.
Speaker 5: The rule lar that we don't talk about anybody else. That's why it's so casual, because it's like none of us are trying to get our feelings hurt or upset, so we just don't talk about it. I have talked to other guys before, but I've not hung out in the way that I hang out.
Speaker 1: You know, it sounds like maybe he's talking to other women though.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it's the rule that you just don't discuss it together, that means that it's happening.
Speaker 4: But she's doing it.
Speaker 3: He's also doing it, and maybe now that she's let her feelings be known, he's starting to look at the other women in his life like a less serious option that.
Speaker 1: Makes her feel good.
Speaker 4: Jeff, you know that might be what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you want us to reach out to your guy, LEVI your situationship.
Speaker 1: We'll give her advice and she reaches out to him.
Speaker 4: What are you looking to do with that conversation?
Speaker 5: I want to see if he is willing to go back to how we were? Can we be friends with extras?
Speaker 4: You know, why are you opening your shirt right now?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: You're talking about situation ships. It's got Brooke.
Speaker 1: Let me take this up.
Speaker 4: You know we need to move on before she loves you. The feelings are too strong in this room.
Speaker 1: Let's trying to be an active listener.
Speaker 3: Come back and give you some solid advice before you call your situationship Levi, and hopefully walk back the feelings that you put out there with your awkward Tuesday phone man right after this, hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Brookshirt is officially rebuttoned, so we can finally get back to business now. Because everyone in this room is familiar with a situationship. But if you don't know, the term basically means that two people are just kind of messing around with each other and have a loose agreement that things won't get too serious between you.
Speaker 1: Think around it is weird. I just say casually dating.
Speaker 3: But yeah, guys think girls say it different ways, but it means the same thing. It sounds really fun bottom line, But what you hear most of the time, I feel like is ladies tend to not be into that sort of thing, at least not for very long. But that's not the case with our listener Juliana today, who is desperately trying to save her situationship after she let the L word slip on a car ride home.
Speaker 4: So she was only one time.
Speaker 3: It was one time, but it did a lot of damage. So she really is hoping she can take it back and make it all go a get back to where they were. It is a tough one, though. We need to get some advice from our co host here. So Brooke, what do you have for Juliana?
Speaker 2: So I'm thinking about situationships that I would have had. Of course we didn't call it that back then, but I think this guy super cash for a bid and.
Speaker 3: What was his name, Roy?
Speaker 1: His name was Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: I am so sorry that I asked should just have a segment now? And this is going to go viral, no wonder she was unbuttoning the point.
Speaker 1: He's got the point.
Speaker 2: The point is he broke it off with me, but you can't care because like that's the agreement.
Speaker 1: So when you make this call, you can't emote. You have to be chill, no drama.
Speaker 3: Okay, Juliana, are you hearing that?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I can try. I feel like my emotions are all over the place right now.
Speaker 1: You can't feel those. Just be fun and cool, funny, can't.
Speaker 3: Be like Brooks shirt button that backup, just open. I do think it's good advice. You do want to try to keep a cool head as much as possible. But it's up to you. This is your phone call. We're gonna step away and let you do this. We're always on your side though, know that.
Speaker 6: Okay, promise, Well, unless you.
Speaker 3: Say something super weird, then yeah, we're jumping off the ship. But here we go. Not yeadal Levi's number. We'll see what he has to say. Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, hello.
Speaker 2: Levi?
Speaker 3: Hi, Oh.
Speaker 6: What's what's going on? I didn't see that your phone number? This is some kind of weird call, restricted phone number. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Something must be kind of crazy with my phone. Who knows half the time it drops? Anyway? So how are you doing this week? Anything cool going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I'm actually gonna go meet my friends from work. We started a run club.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you're gonna go running right like in a few minutes.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 5: What about this weekend?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 5: Are you free? Maybe we could see a movie or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, this weekend is actually pretty crazy for me. I'm sorry, I'm pretty much out on anything social related.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I wanted to kind of talk about something because I don't know, I just feel that things are just a bit different than they used to be, and I just kind of wanted to make sure you weren't avoiding me or anything because of what I said the last time we hung out. I just kind of wanted to put that out there that it was not meant.
Speaker 6: To be that what I said. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not that. It's not that at all. I'm just trying to take care of myself more. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, you tell me all the time now that you're at the gym, you're on a run, and I just didn't know that you were into such an exercise lifestyle. And I don't know if that started after the fish and Chips night or if that was something you just we didn't know about each other. I'm just I'm telling you I liked things how they were between us before I said that. I really said that just in a fun, like offhanded, throwing it out there moment. And I don't even know if I really think that or if I just have fun with you, and it was just a spur of the moment thing, and it wasn't like, oh my gosh, this crazy girls in love with me. I really am not that person, I promised.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I appreciate you being honest with me, so if I'm being honest with you. Something else happened Later that night, after we drove back from Fish and Chips. What do you mean, mister, we were asleep.
Speaker 5: Something happened.
Speaker 6: Yes, So when you said that in the car, it was on my mind a lot. And when you went to bed, I'm so sorry. Your phone was out and I was curious, and I thought, I thought, does she say the same kind of thing to other guys?
Speaker 5: Or is this something you went through my phone just to me?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm so sorry, but it's good. It's good that I did, because not only did I see some of the conversations, I saw some of the pictures of the guys that you were talking to.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, what what does that have to do with anything? I mean, we agreed you were tradual in talking with others, right.
Speaker 6: Just listen. I realized that I have a lot in common with some of the other men that you've been talking to, because they're all kind of fat.
Speaker 4: What she liked, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I understand what you love.
Speaker 6: What's going on.
Speaker 3: What's happening is you're on the radio right now, Levi with the show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. I'm sorry, you apologize.
Speaker 1: She does not care. She wants to figure out what is happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, lev just so you know, this is called an awkward Tuesday phone called. Juliana is a listener and she asked us to reach out to you because she felt things getting awkward between the two of you and your a situationship.
Speaker 5: I just didn't know how to bring it up, and I thought this would be kind of an easy like, Hame, we're so cool and chill, we don't really have real conversation. That's kind of what my mindset was. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not chill one going through your phone, going back, going back to what you said, Levi, you saw the other dudes in her phone were similar to you in body type.
Speaker 6: Listen. I'm not the kind of guy who gets jealous and goes through phones and stuff. I did it because I wanted to know if you actually kind of meant what you said to me, and or if it's just something you say the other guys. Because if it's something you say to other guys, it's totally fine there too.
Speaker 2: I just know.
Speaker 3: But what was the thing that you said about the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look there, it's like she's got a type, and I don't want to be the target of some chub chaser. So I've been going out and working out. That's what I've been doing.
Speaker 2: Are you self conscious or are you motivated?
Speaker 6: I am both self conscious and motivated.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know that I had a type.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 5: I think I just find what I find attractive.
Speaker 6: So you fight a lot of bigger guys attractive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like she's saying she likes you for you and Levi.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to them. But I definitely have way more fun talking with you. And it has nothing to do with what you look like. It has to do with how you treat me and how.
Speaker 3: We act Levi. The whole goal of this phone call, the whole reason that Juliana wanted to reach out, is because she wants to basically erase what's happened in the last week and just go back to how you two were before all the drama. Do you feel like that's even possible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, I'm down to go back to how we were, But I also want to lose like thirty pounds, and I know that you have kind of a type now, and I want to make sure you're actually okay with this because I'm going to do it.
Speaker 4: He gets too skinny for her.
Speaker 5: I promise you, it's not like a type. It's just that most guys, that's the physique, average guys physique, So it's not anything that I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Specifically says that until she starts sneaking butter into your food, I promise I.
Speaker 5: Won't be a feeder. I really promise that that's weird.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I didn't make it up.
Speaker 3: So it sounds like we've cleared the air and you can move forward from here by going backward to what you were exactly the directions I really hope.
Speaker 6: So okay, okay, Julianne. I'm looking forward to cooking up with you again.
Speaker 1: Wow, who said romances death?
Speaker 3: These days? Brooks starting buttoning again? Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. I'm just going to say it, prediction. Those two are going to end up in a real relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not with each other. No, they have no hope, but I do see them falling in love with other people in the near future.
Speaker 1: No, I think they both like each other. They're both like too scared to be the first one. You didn't care about the L bombs, she didn't carry what through the phone?
Speaker 3: Yes, No, especially with Juliana, I see her with like a Paul Blart mall cop kind of guy. I don't know why, just personality, I think I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure that's what you're going on. Or just a guy who drives a segue is really exciting.
Speaker 3: That would be really perfect for her. But whatever it is, I do hope that their situationship does work out this for a little while, and we hope that whatever situation Urine works out. If you need a little bit of help with it, email the show. We can give you some advice and let you make an awkward phone call over our radio waves. If you're listening to the podcast, make sure you hit subscribe and find us at Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah,