Speaker 1: We're back to Drink Shamps Radio with Rapper n r E and DJ E f N.
Speaker 2: Hey Hey said, agree, I hope it's all being this is your boy in O R E one up the d J E f L. It is Drink Chances, motherfucker podcast.
Speaker 1: Makes some.
Speaker 2: And right now we got one of the number one hustlers period. He's a hood nigga for the kepid hood one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Maybe he never folded back down.
Speaker 2: He represented that he put the South on his back like he had a tattoo on his shoulder. Right he's he's one of the most consistent, one of the most realists, and he's we celebrating ten years, ten years right for Trapper die Trap. Right now we got in the building, the one the only young d whatever. You can't giving me that you don't know how to use this wait ship that come out of this ship. So geez, you got that new single. First off, let me just big you up because it's you you. First Off, that van or truck has to be at least six hundred an hour, right he was.
Speaker 1: Here two hours before he was here. Death damn spending money.
Speaker 2: I remember, we need to get first class by it is real turning money and they got they gotta come correct.
Speaker 3: We got about fucking working.
Speaker 1: Let's let's describe this for the people.
Speaker 2: He pulled up in the illness of the van, has three D screens outside on both sides, joints with the new video playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got death Champs spending that money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta do it.
Speaker 4: You cannot get one of them ginger drinks with the best one.
Speaker 5: So you gotta talk about the a V on the girls with hereferent ambassadors.
Speaker 3: Everybody was right, fuck that, we like fun the patron. We're on the avy yard. Man, this is pure ship right here. You know what I'm saying. If you was out in the streets and you was hustle, you wouldn't buy no shit. That was cut the step down. That's what the patron.
Speaker 1: That is enough verse right, You said you don't.
Speaker 2: You said we with the avon, we don't do the patron, right, And then is that how the endorsement came.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how this actually popped out. It was crazy. I was I was out with my partner and we was drinking this ship and I was like some tequil and he was like, yo, try this. So I was drinking this ship I was like this alright, and the whole night I was kind of sucking with it. And I went to the studio the same night and when they put the beat on, this first thing that came in my mind like the patrol on the avy yard.
Speaker 2: And you didn't see the avon from the entourage.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I ain't see it. The same one, same ship. So and the ship just connected like that, you know me so outside the King Austin, who is the owner, we just linked up and it was just a real you know, just a real connection. But I fuck with the you know, because a lot of times nigga indors ship to get a check that is actually actually actually I made this right here because I used to drink this got.
Speaker 1: To make right, yeah with Ginger, I used.
Speaker 3: To I used to drinkteen forty two, so so I wanted my own when I came over there.
Speaker 1: So you created this one for the brand right something?
Speaker 3: It's mine. We gotta get your This is my mother fused the baby right here. You feel what I'm saying. Yeah, I made the book with everything. It's that boss here around so it's confused with what what you say? Again, it's aged forty four months in it in it. Uh, it's extra and nail. So it's like it's like the Dark City. You're drinking like a fucking Kodiak or something like that, like a lot of deal boys and the Miami boys drink the rimmon. You drink like that. You did straight like that.
Speaker 1: Let's make some noise for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey man, you know what I'm saying. Listen, man, you know you're fucking with the best.
Speaker 1: Let me make up people. They great people. I know Jenny over there, man, he bows it down. But we got gifts. We gotta gets.
Speaker 2: We got that's something fat. That's the fact we love niggas.
Speaker 1: We we give gifts. So we're like, artist, what.
Speaker 3: You got a long look at that? We Yeah, man.
Speaker 2: So jez you got that new single out right, and that's what bankroll right?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: So to my brother d Rich went with me tonight. Make him know that real. I mean, you know, like you know, and I'm telling my man the other day, I was like, it was just crazy, you know, even shooting the video, going to you know his block, you know, y mom's his son is his son, and his nephew and the in the video. They actually stars in their own right. But just getting everybody together like a family gathering. And it was real because when we got over there, it's crazy, it was Sunday all day. But the minute we started shooting and started raining, you feel what I'm saying. So to me, I just felt like that was a real sign. You know, you had his family and his love boys and his friends when we're shooting his video celebrating his life, and it started raining. And when the video was over, the stop, you know what I mean. To me, I just felt like some real ship. But you know, you know, you know, just you know, bank Roll was he was a special kid man and he was down with two chains, so yeah, he was down. You know, he was our little brother. He was. He was definitely next up, you know what I'm saying, And he was our brother. Like he the guy that kept it real at all times, you know what I'm saying, Like he he't know. Funny ship if you know you got love for you, and you know that's what that song was about, just celebrating that because we street niggas we come from that, you know what I'm saying. And uh, that was one of the better records that we that we did. But just to see the way people are reacting to it. I just know he looking down like you know, y'all kicking my legacy, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, Because it was weird when I seen you still kept the record like most people would have been like, you know, I can't shoot the video.
Speaker 3: No, nigga, We're gonna keep that shit of hunting. Like this ship about us. This is our music, this is our culture. This is ship that we created. You know what I'm saying. We started making music in the fucking basement. We didn't have a vocal booth, you know what I mean. Third Motivation sold two million records. That's just so two main records. We didn't even we didn't even have a vocal booth recording you know, the nigga basement making hits right, you know what I like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: What we do when every artist comes here, we would like to do is play a playlist of the whole ship.
Speaker 1: Your nigga you got do you? You got too many hits? Niggah.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm sitting here like, but but the thing about it is like it's like they it's ghetto gospel because you have to go to my souls and ship, it's like we understand. Everybody else don't get that. But it's like when I get to going through those records, I'm like, damn, because you can go all the way back and then go forward and go in the middle, and you know, you got with home and you got just with you know, the two chains, and you got these. So it's just like for me, you know, it's just like being there to go and get my ship off because I know how hard I work. So when I when I touched that stage and to see people that really love what the fuck I do? That lets me know what a real hit is because you know, the play on the radio that shit, it be cool. You feel me like, you know, for a couple of months, but ten years down the line, you still perform that record. You sholl performing trapper dying niggas, Like, come on, that's real shitt.
Speaker 2: When every new artist comes out, right, I like to always go onto their shows and I like to sneak in their show.
Speaker 1: I like to see what like to see what they is about. I remember I went to a.
Speaker 2: Jez show and you hands down have the most loyal, dedicated fast Yeah they real like they they and you put out that track listed right right?
Speaker 1: Are you crazy to kill you?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I couldn't announced that you was on the show because I know that fans would have been in my dms, like did you hear the motherfucking trap nine three?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Nah, man, that's you know you gotta date with Yeah, twenty eight ten, twenty eight, sixteen, So that's that's not sober twenty eight couple of days before Halloween. I'm scared these niggas, you know what I'm saying. Look, man, we ain't bullshit, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know this this shit real for me.
Speaker 2: Originally, Traper Died was a mixtape, yeah, and so like now this is a full flat job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I just wanted, you know, just to make it the best body of work. You know, when I started out, and it's like, you know, I'm you know, I don't. I'm a mixtape. It's something I did. But by the way, when I did Trap or Die, that shit changed my whole fucking life because I all remember sitting in the studio with Trick Daddy and ja Zy Fei and them telling me not to put a mixtape out. I'm in the streets, nigga be like, you know what I'm saying, so and them telling me how to put it out. So I put the tape out, and that shit changed my whole life. You know what I'm saying. I'm saying, and had not put it out, I probably fucking been dead to incarcerated anyway, because that's what was going on. But I believed in myself enough to put that shit out and it was a It was a mixtape I had maybe like twenty something songs, and niggas ask me all the time, like, yo, you know what kept me going? Like every bar, every verse. If you listen to that mixtape, you know you're looking at a superstar in the boots. But in the back of my mind, I'm like, I got to say the hardest shit ever because if they don't feel me, I'm not gonna make it. You see what I'm saying. So every bar, every line was like you know what I mean, like real life shit, you know what I mean? And that's why I felt like people felt it so much, and that shit with it was so crazy. I had to start putting out fucking the DVD because people didn't know what the fuck I looked like. What I'm saying. So it would come to the shows, a niggas stay those stage and I'm doing myself. What fuck is this? Nigga? Tell me, nigga ride the shit, you know what I mean. So now you know, just looking back, you know what I'm saying, twenty twenty high, So I just think that was the best shit I ever did. And to come back now and do what I'm doing as far as TRAPA dot three, I'm definitely in a better place as a man, you know what I'm saying. And it's the big homie because I'm watching what these little niggas is doing. I'm like, and if you're the big homie on the block, you gotta tell the niggas how to really get money. You gotta tell the niggas how to really grin, you know what I mean. You can't just sit back and let a nigga bump his head, you know what I'm saying. So you know that got that she got knowledge in it. That shit got real, you know what I mean, It's real life, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And your music always been like like like preaking without preaching, right, like you could school somebody without like trying to you know, lose them because you know, the young generation sometimes you teach them too much and why they were So how how did you develop like that motivate you feel.
Speaker 3: Like like it was crazy? I learned from being around older niggas. Man, all my big home, all the niggas died of fun with when I was in the street was older than me, but them niggas would ask me for advice all the fucking time, Like, yo, nigga, you older than me? Like what? But but you know, my thought process is real, you know what I'm saying, because where I came from is like, you know, if you fuck up, you're gonna either be in a plying box yours going to the penitential. And I made decisions before that cost people, you know, time out of their life. And you know, because that was the decision as a boss, you know what I'm saying. So like when I got in the music game, I just applied the same thought process, like it's real. So my real, that's who I am. If you saw me ten years ago, I was looking just like this, went around doing I had another product, by the way, you know what I'm saying. But that's who I was. So It's like when I got in this game, it was easy for me to talk to them because they understand, like they want to hear a nigga tell you how to be a millionaire and still be who you are and not sell yourself short just to get some money. Like you know what I mean, we stand for more than that. You know what I'm saying. You put me in a room, and niggas don't really understand that. Nigga, I run a fortune five hundred company. Talk about on the fucking Boots mobile phone. You feel I'm saying, and that's what you're doing when you were a hustle. So being this game, if you really like, look at what's going on. This is the new streets and niggas is making this is what it is. You know what I'm saying and and and it's like and that's easy for me because I happen to know a little bit about that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So now it's just like when I'm talking to niggas, it's real. It's like, no nigga can do that, but dig this though.
Speaker 1: That logo was that on the snow map.
Speaker 3: You have to do it, man, you have to do it. It's a business man.
Speaker 2: In the school. Yeah, like why people think that that's that man, that's a coke man.
Speaker 3: Yea. I'm gonna tell you the end this ship. It was cool when it was cool. When it was cool, motherfucker started fit seeing how powerful you really are, you know what I'm saying. That's when they try to come with the funk ship. Me and sammue L Jackson talk about this all the time, real ship hold we talk about all you know, your real talk about all the time. And it's like and because when he done my documentary, you know you're real. But it was cool until you until motherfuckers started really seeing the power you have. You know what I'm saying, because you represent people that's being demonized and told that they ain't gonna never be ship. That's what I told my whole life. That'sh it fuewed me so much to be who I am today is ridiculous, you feel what I'm saying. So it was cool when it was a cool. Thing. When they start seeing you having this power, when you're able to talk to these people and they're really listening, that's when it becomes some shit. We got a band because you think about it, you get any president he can't get any president, any powerful motherfucking the way. You can't get them in an arena and have sixty thousand people with cite every word for thirty minutes. You know what I'm saying, that's my power, you feel I'm saying, you can put them together. I'm good and you can put them together, and you can you can make them, you know, think the way they're supposed to think. So that's when they started doing all the fun shit. But it's good because I had been through so much. I was already ready for the shit, you know what I'm saying. So it's like when they tried to ban it, that's cool, but y'all gonna make the shit even bigger now because now y'all making it something that we got to stand up for. That's why schools they banded. In schools they banded it, you know a couple of places. But you know, that just really showed me some funck shit, because you know, if it's a fucking snowman and fucking you know, Lily White, fucking idahole in real life, you won't have shit to say. But it's this nigga running around atl you know what I'm saying, moving the right way, sitting down and it ain't nobody I can't sit down and talk to so you just treat me like a nigga, you feel I'm saying. So that's where they fucked up, and that ship represented hope. That shit represented the struggle, and that shi all started from a chain. I remember going to get the chain. I wanted my jewel. I was like, you want the ice style snowman nigga said. I was crazy that I ever done in my life what I'm saying. So for me, that shit was just real. You feel what I'm saying like real ship.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you because I heard there's a story that when l A Read signed you, you already had a Ferrari Lambard.
Speaker 1: He said, I heard, I heard. I think you you went to see him.
Speaker 3: I picked him up.
Speaker 2: He said to you, I don't know what you're doing, but whatever you're doing, please don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you. Is that true? Yeah? No, I promise man, I never forget that, because I remember I walked in the office. I had all this ship on the fucking Jacob watching and all this crazy shit. I'm just sit up there like, yeah, you know, it's like you know, they talk about the deal, like you got to be big. I got a million dollars worth, jial, nigga gotta give me a check, but you know, you know it was. But one thing I can say about Eli, I got a lot of respect for him because he really, you know, embraces stars. You know what I'm saying. He knows how to make his all the stars and he don't mind cutting a real check because you're giving them your culture, them your life. This ain't no fake ship. Niggas died behind this ship. Niggas. We're looking for niggas through real ship. So it's like when you give them that, you give him a piece of the culture. Like that ship should cost anybody because you're getting paid off of all my trials and my trips and all my bad experiences and all this shit. I really went through my pain. Yeah, real ship, I know, rap ship like.
Speaker 1: Gives your bottle we celebrated trap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goddamn it gives young girls they Yeah, could you come popping for me?
Speaker 1: On that being said? What made you stick with What made you stick with depth?
Speaker 2: Jam after because La signed you and he he obviously went to epic. What made you say to death Jams?
Speaker 3: I mean I just feel like I was loyal to the building. You know what I'm saying, I'm a lawyer, dude. Man, the bottles in them, yeah, bottles, yeah, shout out to shout out everybody up there. You know what I'm saying that they're real building, and you know, you know, over time, we became a family, So I understand. I respect LA's move, you know he's.
Speaker 2: But the family kind of changed because you started out with l A. And it's always weird being on a record label and other people. Yeah, yeah, okay, look at Jesus, look at Gess.
Speaker 3: I gotta learn something that way.
Speaker 2: I'm married my wife over there. I can't do nothing this playing ship you're doing, but I can respect it. I can look for you from far they God, damn, I respect this nigga. I don't know if I'm gonna get screamed on today, so I'm gonna just play it same.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. You know, but I got I got a lot of love for the building, man, and they changed my life, my nigga, Like, listen, you know I'm bull shit you not. I was on the road to prison. I was on the road to a pine box, and you know, I was able to do things. You know, Come on, you talking to the nigga that had to go through all kind of fucking hoops and ship to get you know, a house of my name, I mean a house of somebody else's name.
Speaker 1: Nothing spelled right. But it's not my first time. You know what, but I spell the girl. You've got a lot of pressure.
Speaker 3: Oh you want me? Okay, okay, we got got nervous. That's all you have to do, baby, driver driver, Yes my name God, three D threes, that's right. See twenty eight, twenty eight.
Speaker 1: You haven't. You're the first artist that invited me as media.
Speaker 2: I've never been like, I'm media And I came to your to your party, and who was it? I once, well and I put my card down and I said doing. I said, I'm not used to being on the label like the Guard then, but I'm very proud of you, ju, you know because you you you like you make the art that I make. We make streat me, you know what I'm saying from the streets, and uh for me coming before you, it's always good. We see when you see another artist, he's like, he's doing it right, He's doing it how I would do it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So I always appreciated you.
Speaker 2: I always you know, I campaigned you and felt you, and I really want to thank you for being a part of the train chance because this is the first time rappers is running media and we could come to us and d and sorry. So you we got a million people, you know, God willing, We got a million people that come listen to us every every week.
Speaker 1: So anytime you.
Speaker 2: Want to come and you want to kick it, you want to produce your new artist, definis, we're here for you. We want the artists still always feel comfortable.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Celebrate Trapper motherfucking Die today and we're gonna promote Trap of DoD three right away.
Speaker 1: Your promotional team is on points. But we got here. They already had this still over this nigga has sparkles the other bottom.
Speaker 2: Give Jay Rock the other bottom, Jay Rock, come out here, Matt, My nigga just copped out.
Speaker 1: Man. You know what, going in, going in a hell of a good time, Jay Rock Man Queen's Bridge. You know we love you.
Speaker 2: Going in and go get your own bottle of roads that you're getting drunk tonight.
Speaker 1: You've got no choice.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, That's what real niggas do.
Speaker 1: But jeez, you was one of the first.
Speaker 2: Like we in New York, we fucked with South, but like we didn't understand certain slangs.
Speaker 1: And certain deliveries. You was the first one that hands down took over New York.
Speaker 3: But don't get a twisted down. I counted plenty of bags to super Thubu.
Speaker 1: You really got an office in Magic City, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Next to the stage.
Speaker 2: If you business, you be there, brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah you have. But you know it's crazy because you know a lot of my music even started from just Magic City. You know what I'm saying. I used to be the nigga in the club, like I go fuck up the money to get the look so people talk about the music. But then I would go hide in the back, so to speak, because I was a street nigga that was already popping. So I didn't want to be the street nigga trying to be a rapper when you already the coolest nigga in the club. And nigga's like, yo, that's it is called Listen.
Speaker 1: I heard him say, listen, this is the craziest ship in the world. I heard you say this on tax Stone podcast, you said that when.
Speaker 2: The street nigga tries to rap, right and if he don't make it.
Speaker 1: It's rough, it's over.
Speaker 5: He looks.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know how.
Speaker 2: Many real niggas that's real niggas, but they want to rap just because they're like, there's other real.
Speaker 1: Niggas rapping, but they don't have no skills.
Speaker 4: So when they don't make it, or if they don't make it, they they look because police.
Speaker 3: Know you right right right record, this is so crazy. I'll be watching these niggas but they be doing on the Instagram. I just be like, yo, my man, like I just don't out in themselves. I mean, it's crazy, but it's because I feel like it ain't a lot of morals being set, not at all, you know what I'm saying. That's why I feel like, you know, I got to really play the big homie role because you just got to know, like some ship just ain't cool. You know, you gotta be either you're gonna be solid on you. And that's the thing, even when I was doing my thing, you know what I'm saying, you got to really have passion, drive and determination to really pull that ship off. Because I went from being a nigga that was standing in the club, you know what I mean, or going to a jay Z party and being a nigga, you know, down in my own section popping you know, one hundred and two hundred bottles, just actually standing where he's at, you know what I mean, and having real conversations, you know what I mean. So I had to grind my way from that all the way to that point. But path to that, of course, but you learn a lot of shit. You know what I'm saying, You're gonna lose a couple of people. You know what I'm saying, You're gonna see people. It was a lot of yeah, but it's good because, like I tell people all the time, hadn't I've been through all the ship I've been into the streets, I would never fuck with this rap shit because this ship is different.
Speaker 1: So describe deep in the streets making that decision that I'm gonna rap. Oh yeah, it's cold Turkey. I had to go to war a couple of your boys.
Speaker 3: Like nigga, I had to go to war all type shit. I'm being for real. It went down my nigga like you, because niggas everybody weren't cool with that, So I had to move my whole neighborhood up. You know what I'm saying. I about like four houses beside each other and shit everywhere I went. I got three four tour buses like it was real for a long time, you know what I'm saying. But I still because I'm still what.
Speaker 1: People looking at you like you sell now.
Speaker 3: I mean, you changing and as you get you know, you know, And I hate the word fame because I was famous at the Ammacor. I was a superstar there, So I don't give a fuck, you know what I'm saying. But like it, shit started to get better for you then, you know, because you already dealing with real niggas. I tell niggas that every day when I go through my soul, that's the first forty eight crowd. That's that real shit. You know what I'm saying, real day, County, fuck with me real for a lot of don't put it in real work. The niggas know me like you know what I mean. I just left for a lot of deal, like very comfortable. These are my niggas. We know each other for decades, you know what I'm saying. But you know, just with this shit, it's just it just get tricky because it's almost like it ain't really a lot of morals in this business, so you have to bring your morals with you.
Speaker 1: No moral right, So it's like moral business.
Speaker 5: Just go for it.
Speaker 1: You gotta have a strong you're strong, and you.
Speaker 3: Gotta be and you gotta be and you got to be solid. You gotta let a nigga know you ain't play with in real life, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know, you could be as famous as you want to be, but I know these people and they loved me for a lot of different reasons. But just going through that whole grind coming from you know that, to being where I was, I had to go cold turkey on. It took a lot of discipline, man, a lot of discipline.
Speaker 1: Because that's a lot of money, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So it's like, what's your first rap check? Like when you first got it, was you like it's worth it? Or you were still thinking about.
Speaker 3: First real rap check? The nigga call me up shoutside the Big John planning. He called me, I'm on the Yeah, I'm doing I'm doing. You know, my souls and ship. So I'm, you know, running around bag money. So he's like, yo, I got this, uh you know, you got the publishing deal done, lawyer got everything done. So I'm in chicagoing about to hop on a jet. This nigga come running down the runway like I got you you know, he was trying to give me the check. So I ain't never I ain't never had a check in my life, you know what I'm saying. They give me a check for all these all these you know what I mean? That's real. I looked at this ship folded up and gave it to him. I was like, well, ship, will you just hold on to it because because I don't know what to do with it, you knowe what I'm saying. So I gave it them. And it's just so crazy because they happened with my first Depth Jam check as well. Nigga I gave I got my Depth Jam check and had to call la read eight nine, ten months later and asking them could they read furnish the check because I never can't right, So they like they sitting around like how the fuck you mind all these calls? I was like, look, with my own money, so I didn't even touch that ship. You know what I'm saying, Even with the you know, the publicing situations, I had to call this dude and I just say, hey, man, my account is telling me that the check is no longer good. Yeah, because you give it to me. She said, Man, you mean to tell me it's been a fucking year and a half. You look at.
Speaker 1: But not even on no boardshit.
Speaker 3: I'm saying. All that to say is because you know what I'm saying. You're talking to You're on the street nigga who just you know, really trying to figure the world out, but doesn't really know a lot about business. You know what I'm saying. But then when I started applying business skills to what I learned before, you all to make sense, right, you know what I'm saying. You know what?
Speaker 2: The dealest thing about like, you know, selling drugs is when you when you get out the money, it's the thrill, right, It's just a thriller. You you know, whatever however you do it. You're sitting in the car. You don't know if this nigga, the police right and rap really truly does give you that thrill.
Speaker 1: Man, It's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy you say that because it's like I used to sit down and think to myself, like, what the fuck I know him better than this? Well, what can I do to still be me?
Speaker 1: And when you say this and talking about just.
Speaker 3: You know, just street ship here, you know what I'm saying, because you're watching what's going on, you seeing a nigga mentality. You know, we're growing up, you know, you think the world is your neighborhood, Like you don't know you can go to fucking France and London and Canada and all this shit like you don't even know, Like you think the corner store and it's like and the way I grew up, nigga, it was real like me, like you couldn't go you can't go across the street. It was a whole nother gang over there. You couldn't go to the store. So it's two stores, one store over here, one stove over here. You go over there, your ass walked up over his own. So you think that's the world and you're sitting around watching what people doing. He was like, damn okay. But in my mind, just like I'm bigger than all that. So when I started just sitting back and just watching, you know, with music, I was very passionate about music. But when I really started seeing that it was real, was I was going, and I was I was putting my money into niggas, you see what I'm saying. So I had to. I had a record label, and the niggas was street niggas before. That's how I started. I had a record label, you know what I'm saying. The hood, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So everybody else, your first rap name was young Jay Little Jack.
Speaker 3: That's when they called me a damn car. So you were the one fun of the other rapper, right. And then so one of my artists he got killed and we got a murder charge, and the other nigga got this and.
Speaker 2: That and that.
Speaker 3: So I got all this fucking studio equipment and I ain't got no artists. So it's like then the money getting tight, you know what I'm saying. I was like, See, my man was like, sit, you might well give it a shod, bro. You're the realist nigga, and that's real shit. And I just started on the fucking around. But my whole thing was how I knew it was gonna be great for me is because I feel like like I go hard if i'm into something, I'm just solid. If I fuck with you, I fuck with you. If we're doing something, I'm gonna get that shit one hundred and eighty percent keep twenty for myself. So I always knew I had a niche, but I just had to figure out how to get people to understand where I was coming from. So a lot of the shit that I was saying was too real. So I would say shit because it was real to me. And as I started against successful, it just started causing me problems in the street cause nigga, like, Yo, why are you while you saying that? While yeah, like you really dry stitching. But I'm like, nigga, that's my life, you know what I'm saying. I'm not a company. I can't talk about building no motherfucker house. Nigga, I'm not a mechanic. I don't know about that shit. I know about this. So it just was causing, you know, just a lot of friction. But you know, I just had to stand my ground and stay solid. But at the same time, just coming into that it just, you know, it just made it real because I started singing, you know, because even now you go out to the club, everybody got cameras and shit, you know it should be times nigga, if you took a picture in the club while we was in there, it was gonna beat your ass, take your care, you know what I'm saying, because like theirs do that, you know what I mean, So now you see it. But it went from that to being you know, just come like I might walk through one twelve or visits and people be like, yo, jeez, I fuck with your music.
Speaker 1: Man was a club, so it.
Speaker 3: Was you know, fuck with your music, and I'm just like all right. So it started feeling like people was paying people to say that shi it to me because I'm like, there's no way. Now you know.
Speaker 2: The creation we were taught we will grow up. We grew up to avoid cameras. When you hustling on the street, you suitably avoid camera, and you become a rapper for you to be like comfortable with cameras.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, Like I always.
Speaker 2: Know a real street nigga when I look at their first interviews and then niggas like, you know what I mean, niggas he shot shot, He's a real one right here.
Speaker 1: And I always knew that about you in the beginning of like you know, what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yo, It was so hard to do interviews because they will ask you about real shit, right, and I'd be like and about right, But but I had to you know, I'm you know, I've been in interrogation rooms plenty of times. I get ship up out of me. I will talk circles all around there. But it was like, you know, they would ask me real questions, you know, double legsels. So what it was like when you you know what I mean, right, you know what I'm saying. So you're doing radio interviews, It's like, Yo, this this street ship. I can't talk about this ship, you know, on air or in this magazine for you to have a story and me to look crazy, like nah, nigga's I gotta die with this ship, you know what I'm saying, Like this is forever, you know what I mean. So it took me a while to kind of just you know, like warm up to that, cause it was like, okay, cool. And then when niggas stop asking me because I don't want to think about it being my nigga, Like it's all up there. If you ask me some ignorant shit, I'm gonna give your ignoran answer. I'm not an ignorant nigga. You can't tell me that you know what I'm saying. Ain't nobody from where I'm from did the ship I did. And that's because I'm smart like that, because everything I think about it is.
Speaker 1: It's strategic in a street way particular. Right, I'm gonna keep the honey right now.
Speaker 2: I sold cocaine since eleven years old. Since eleven years old, I saw cocaine by mistake a nigga.
Speaker 4: The nigga gave me a tennis ball, said, listen, listen, young nigga, Karriens right there.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was right, And so I can really tell like there's only two people in this whole industry that I think so more drugs.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right, and that's Jay z.
Speaker 5: R.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I know you holding is ill too, because I'll be like, I'll be a whole bout some ship. Then I hear some balls, I'd be like, all right, I'd be like, Yo, this nigga, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like I saw more than you.
Speaker 2: I'm just sorry I'm keeping it out there, throwing it out this my nigga.
Speaker 3: He know that he might.
Speaker 2: I smoked him the other day.
Speaker 1: But y'all, yo, you was moving them things.
Speaker 3: But that nigga. You know what I respect about Jado is he's so far a move but he still can you know, ship. But see that's what it's all because I mean, you know, these niggas really, you know, Lightweight, you know, got it easy because i ain't even started talking about the new ship. I'm still digging in with my memory, you know what I'm saying. I'm still playing from you know what happened. I haven't talked about, you know, none of my successor you know, places I'm able to go and the things I'm able to do. Like I don't really get into that because it's like, you know, that's my life. But if you want to hear about the time that you know, I didn't think it was going to be all good and I figured that ship out because you know, to be in the streets, you gotta you gotta really, you know, you gotta really think to be a boss, you know what I'm saying, because it's real, like you're playing a real chess games. Never check us, you know what I mean, chess, So you gotta think like that. So you know, just coming from that whole element of it and coming into the rap game and all that. It's just like it's all the same ship. So you put the pieces together and that's how you move and really be a boss. So you know, like when you hear niggas like Jay say certain ship, you gotta really know that nigga like, oh yeah, okay, yeah, that makes a lot of sense, you know what I'm saying. So, you know, and I love to see that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I love to be around cats that you can really you know, just be a sponge off of that really did it because even for him, like his business ship is fucking maculim. But you got to know that came from his other job. It didn't come from rap. It's a nigga from Brooklyn, you feel me, and the same thing from George. I go to fucking you know, New York just left. They give me real love, you know what I'm saying. They treat me like I'm good. They give you real love, you know what I'm saying. And that's because they respect, you know what I'm saying, your hustle. You know what I'm saying. They respect your moves.
Speaker 1: Why the hustles? Yeah yeah, yeah, anywhere they're gonna respect that.
Speaker 3: But it's so kind of food gazing now because you know a nigga you know, like it's hard to believe them now because it's like it's so much so you don't know who to believe, you know what I'm saying. I pride myself on being a real leader. Offensive, Yeah, leader, though you know, if it wasn't this and we had to do something else, I'm gonna figure it out for us. We're gonna eat you know what I'm saying. With me, We're gonna get some money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So now, geez right, I used to see you and it used to almost feel like you didn't want to fuck with the game at all, like music, like it felt like not like being a part of the industry. And still I'm gonna tell you where I think I've seen the change. After you had caught the case and you came home, you just you just seem more relaxed. You seem like you enjoyed things better. You started, you started doing more, and I started coming out. Did I assess that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Man? Because you know what the motherfuckers did and how they handled me and how they treated me.
Speaker 1: The police.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it, how they handled me. It is like I'm on tour. Some ship happened, I'm not there. You followed me to two states, I'm in two cities. Over followed me from from Oakland to uh L a last show of tour. We're supposed to be popping bottle celebrating. You got ready to detectives and a hundred offices at my bus to get me off. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And by the way, every time we get to something deep podcast Wilson, Yeah right, they hate this man.
Speaker 3: No, it was just, you know, it was just that was my to be honest with you, being locked up out there, that was my first uns. Yeah, I heard how I was in there. I mean it was we put its way. It was about two and a half three weeks, but it was a long two man three weeks. Let me tell you why I thought that I was being detained for the next day, right because one of my man's had Yeah, but my man had I'm assault rifle. So that's what they, you know, took us down for. So I'm ready to pay everybody's bond to get us out because this ain't my homies, this ain't my shooters. These are my employees, my bus driver, my camera guy, my assistant, you know what I mean. People like that. So these ain't like, you know, street niggas with me. But I'm thinking we all locked up for the assault rifle that my man you know, left on the bus because he got actually shot when she'd got shot, and it was in the clubs. So that's how they really got me, because they knew your recent Yeah. So anyway, the whole time, I'm thinking I'm there for that. When I get to you know, you go to the little barn here in the city, like, well, your bail is a million dollars, your bill is a million dollars, I'm like, what the fuck happened? So that's when I find out about the murder. So I'm calling home, you know, I'm talking about people's and you know, momy and everybody crying, like what the fun going on? It's like you trying to charge you. I ain't know none of this.
Speaker 2: Because and I was like, they ain't get them out yet. I even tweeted, I said, man, death gam ain't the same.
Speaker 3: No, no, but I'm gonna tell you it is sit in the world. So you know, you go in there, it's real. It's Las County Jail. It's real. You know what I'm saying. I'm five eight, two hundred pounds, my heart is huge, but I'm not about to leave, you know, because because the thing about they wanted property, Well that's how they tried to play me. Like I tried to do cash. They want to do cast. It's six people, a million dollar bond a piece, you know what I'm saying. They didn't want to be at six millions, so they don't want to do cash. And they started saying something about property. So all my team was sending people down there to get me out, like as soon as I got locked up. But the whole thing was I can't leave these motherfuckers in here, like this is real, Like this is real life, you know what I'm saying. So I can't just listen to the right and not even that. It was like, you know, they like you got to get out, you the brand. I said, listen to me, man, these people have been working hard for me this whole tour. There's no way in the fucking world that I'm gonna walk out of here a free man and leave them here. Now what I'm gonna do is y'all go figure everything out, to figure out what property. We need to get together, and I'm sitting here with the crew until it's time to go. So I sat there for the whole two weeks with everybody knock him out the field, got him out, come knocking on the wake me up. He's like, Yo, come in, come in, come in man. I'm like, Yo, what's up. It's the little guy. Man, he's tough man. He's still here. He's like, he ain't leaving his crew. You know what I'm saying. Because it was like I was, you know, it's cantytail, so you know, you got it. You ain't existed. It's real in the v sound man, but you know, niggas. For actors, it was like, Yo, we're gonna take you in here with everybody. I'm like, ship, let's do it. She was like the throw. It was like Tupac came with that, Yo, yeah what I figure, whole block going crazy. It was like damn. So for me, you know, but that was like one of my first like real just unselfish moments because it was like, I can't leave him in here, so I stayed down to the whole thing. When I finally got out to answer your question, it was like, you know, I tried to beat you know, different as I could possibly be. But when I got put in the situation, they still treating me like a nigga, you know what I'm saying. And I already wasn't living my life to the fullest because I was, you know, guarded. You feel what I'm saying, So they still treat me like a nigga. I'm an executive at Atlantic Records, I got a fucking million dollar tequila company, I got for President Obama, I got all the type of and I got all this ship going on, and they treat me like a nigga. So like when it was all sitting and done, you know, when I finally got out, I was just like, you know what, I'm just gonna be on my life. Man, they just see what it is. I ain't gonna say, you know, guarded and sit back because because you know, niggas tell me all the time, like yo, dog, you do realize you're not in the street no more. What I'm saying, I'd be like, you know what I mean, because you out here, you know what I mean. But you know, to answer your question, it was just like, you know, if y'all want to know, it ain't no goofy ship. I tell you if you ask me to, if you ask me a real question, I give you a real answer. You asked me some ignorant, ignoran nigga. That just points that.
Speaker 1: We're bringing crapping down. It's ten years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, when you know you're a legend now right, you know, order.
Speaker 2: Like that, and you're into hip hop, real nigga hall of fame, that's hard if not, if not, no one else, you're in the real nigga.
Speaker 3: I love that, you know what I'm saying. Love, that's real ship. It's crazy. Ship feels great man, because I ain't never you know, being fold to break for nobody like one thing. If you actually about you know about young it's just gonna be like.
Speaker 2: You just do him, you know, especially the young niggas grow you right, you know.
Speaker 3: For big homie. Yeah, yeah, on your own here, you know, hold up, look in front of me all you'll be lucky if you get your boy better than yeah. Come on, man, we're looking like it. Man, get yourself together, man, because you if you if you get to be one man in life. You know what I'm saying you, you know, you got to take care of yourself. You know what I'm saying. You gotta take care of your mind. You gotta take care of your surroundings. You gotta you know what I mean, You gotta you gotta be a certain type of way. You just can't know what I'm saying. So once upon a time, you and Rick Ross was going, how did that?
Speaker 1: What happened before that, y'all was kind of in the wh was together with boys in the hood, kind of the party came into.
Speaker 2: The block Listen came in the game with a bad boy deal and a depth jam.
Speaker 3: But what that was, I was.
Speaker 1: Came from the beginning.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you know, like, look, man, you know, I'm a real man. If if you know, if the situation is real and it's is a real problem, it's a problem. But when when there's a misunderstanding and it ain't the right communication going on between people, I get that. It happens all the time. So you know, even with that whole situation, you know, it was just some ship that I felt like she got a content. But you know, I'm always staying you know my ground, you feel what I'm saying. So once I had to understand what was going on, it was cool. It wasn't really nothing. Ain't nobody touched nobody mama, Ain't nobody playing nobody money. You know what I'm saying, Nobody fucking with your family. So it's like I get that. So at the end of the day, it's just like, you know, look man, you know we we we we the next you know, were the next bigionaires. You know what I'm saying, We're the next niggas that really gonna run this world. So it's like, if a motherfucker from Harvard and Yale can get along and make millions of dollars, by the fuck, we can't get along if it's you know, if it's about taking care about families and making sure our teams straight. If it ain't, if it ain't a real problem. I've seen Mexican cartels get along long enough to get some money together, you feel what I'm saying. So it's just like, you know, why not, because that's what they want to see, you know. They feel like all of us are ignorant. They feel like, you know, just because we get some money like that. No, you're right, you know, listen, man, you know we're still I understand it a little bit better now because I have to be an angry black man. You know what I'm saying. I got I'm too blessing too many ways.
Speaker 2: So that movie to thirteen, nah, you ain't that movie to thirty.
Speaker 3: I don't have to be, you know, just angry because now I look at the ship from a real perspective instead of around.
Speaker 1: Your father as well. Right, So that's always going to change your perspective.
Speaker 3: But not only that. I'm a successful black man. I don't have to be angry about anything. My life is great.
Speaker 1: I don't have to be.
Speaker 2: Every street Nigga worldwide is proud of we campaign, But I don't have to be angry.
Speaker 1: It's we're going to make a holiday fall.
Speaker 3: We got we gotta take a shout of all right, I'm trying to come up.
Speaker 1: You just come back on some more spots.
Speaker 2: Spark was on the shotsign for real Man, thank you for coming and sitting down.
Speaker 3: Let's man, it's been This is real niggas dream.
Speaker 2: Because the thing about our show is, you know when when when a person make it ten years, they want to say so, I'm just telling you, they're gonna say that, right, they gonna say he can't do it again?
Speaker 3: Right right?
Speaker 2: Right? They gonna say or die, right right right, But that's not what we do it this show. This show we celebrate.
Speaker 1: Longer you go, the better we give. We give legends. They flowers when they can smell it.
Speaker 3: I seen, I've seen niggas go do ten years in prison and come home and be a better man they ever been in their whole life and get more done because they're more focused. So these niggas thinking that these first ten years or something, we see the next team, they were about to count you out. We ain't gonna quit. That's cool. But see they can count me out because they talking hip hop. I'm talking. I'm talking straight. I'm talking about these niggas out here. We really love the is going on. They don't give a about the red world. What the next nigga say.
Speaker 1: That, we're gonna you go to do that drink changes.
Speaker 3: I believe that that's what we're gonna. Real niggas lose. I wants.
Speaker 1: Sir, you took your car, That's what it shocks. But yeah, it's great.
Speaker 3: That ship, Yeah, that's that. That's the holy water Man for South that in the whole club. You just you want to kill a nigga for real. Yeah, that's my ship.
Speaker 1: You won't put it around in Mexico.
Speaker 2: That's what the plumb be in Mexico.
Speaker 1: You know that used to be my blood.
Speaker 3: Let me I'm Cuban b Yeah, but you from l a nigga kind of makes you expect for the Mexicans. Megans people we want videos or period fore they be on some gags and ship. They stick together for two they get money.
Speaker 1: Yees wanted to be.
Speaker 2: You with black, I can, but it's always both. Always I'm gonna line on both races, black.
Speaker 1: And fucking you know, we all together.
Speaker 2: Man, So yo, you made my president is black before but rock who got elected, that was.
Speaker 3: Like maybe like four five months before we got.
Speaker 1: Let's just let's just spitch it.
Speaker 3: He did get elected, but listen, he would it was happened the way you couldn't foresee that.
Speaker 1: You could not foresee that.
Speaker 3: Listen, man that may have been in the office, but the.
Speaker 1: Way that America sets himself up.
Speaker 3: It was time. He's been in the office eight years, two terms. Hurt. Nothing crazy about this.
Speaker 1: Man, nothing crazy nothing, This is a black man.
Speaker 5: He's also made sure that you're gonna come out.
Speaker 3: Trump ain't even been in the office. He already talking about touching pussies and ship. Just think about that ship though. You already see what his mind is. He's not for us, He for him.
Speaker 1: Today. You know what you said, you said, I'm Trump and white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: We gotta take that.
Speaker 3: No, No, I respect his business sense, really, you do know. I respect the fact that he gets money and his family is straight. I respect that. And he went on, but I don't mean you can have you know, no, five hundred man.
Speaker 1: You know his business sense. Ain't your business sense? He got money, you.
Speaker 3: Got you can have. You can have real money and still be a fuck nigga. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He turned politics into a smack d v D. No, listen, that's what he did. By the way politics is now.
Speaker 3: You if you're really watch what he did. He really took offense when Barak shinned on him at the Correspondence dinner, and his pride got in the way. And now he spends all his money. He spend all his money in his time to make a point. He's a sucker that when you when you're that, when you're that rich, you have to make points. You're not gonna rine a black man, talk to you like that with all these powerful people around you hurt.
Speaker 2: Okay, you and your is hip hop strong enough to really elect Kanye twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, we're strong enough. I fuck with Kanye. I don't think. Yeah, I love music.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I want to be my president.
Speaker 3: Just go kicking you don't do it. I love Listen, Kanye is my god.
Speaker 1: The arts, the arts will be crazy. List It's a possibility that Trump may be ours Kanye.
Speaker 3: I'm willing. I'm wanting to Trump president. Telling you this right now. Okay, there's no way in the world that America is going to let Donald Trump n Mark my words. Hillary Clinton will win. And I'm saying that for a lot of reasons. You know what I'm saying. What is you sounds smart? I watched this ship. Now, I'm a tax payer, like I give him a lot of my money, you know what I'm saying. But Hillary Clinton has real resources. She's there with world leaders. She has Bill Clinton in a corner.
Speaker 1: Made the three strikes law.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not to say that they're right. You know, it's like like skinning the dog, skinning, which you go Tuesday night. But the reason why you.
Speaker 1: But the reason why you shouldn't say that is because there's a slight chance that there is that that part of America that hasn't voted before, right, that comes out of it. Well, listen, and we need to make sure that our part of America.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what I will say, Okay, so let's let's take Kanye out of the picture against my guy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I will say this, make that niggas be cool. Though we have a president, yeah, man, president, But first he was just.
Speaker 3: I just think this man, if Donald Trump was to ever get in office, I just think that America wouldn't be great again and it wouldn't be anything like that because I think that's too but because he's too I raised.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't get into office right now, the way his campaign is set up, it's set up like your whole you.
Speaker 1: Could really do it in twenty twenty, right, fucking.
Speaker 2: You know, we don't want Kanye right and admit your drug this nigga, he ain't denying.
Speaker 3: But by the way, the Republican Party is like the most boring his party in the world. You know what I'm saying, He's just giving him excitement. They never had that nigga.
Speaker 1: He wasn't a Republicans start with.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you he wants to win. You don't give a You gotta do what you got a brother, he could be a fucking penguin. He winning.
Speaker 1: He was down with Hillary earlier.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, dude has a lot of money. You know. I respect this business sense, But listen, man, this is real ship. You know what I'm saying. My people out here going through it. You know what I'm saying every day, like niggas is getting killed, these polices.
Speaker 1: Out of hand, Like that's the worst election.
Speaker 3: It's like right now. So if it's apples and oranges, if I had to pick apple orange, I'm gonna pick the orange. You know what I'm saying. If I don't have to pick it all, I'm not gonna pick it up.
Speaker 1: I think we just endorse.
Speaker 3: I'm not ending anybody. I'm just saying, if I had to pick out of two things, then I have to make my best decision based on what I see. I'm not saying that's the best decision for me. I'm not saying this best decision for my kids. I'm just saying, this is the choice that you have But what I will say is Barack been in office eight years, Kadafi being lying. Know what I'm saying, He got that, so he on his gangs and ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I can't say all the way other places, but he bigunigas late he.
Speaker 3: Got into you know, he got into a situation where it was already fucked up. The only thing he could do is just ride it out. So when he's gone, they're gonna really realize how strong that ship will.
Speaker 1: And he reversed the deficit.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 1: I know that they don't know.
Speaker 3: If I had a choice, I would have hoped that Joe Biden would have rant.
Speaker 1: Because and he wanted to. I think his sun ditters was the w l a.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden stayed there.
Speaker 1: My nigga, I was.
Speaker 2: They said you can't walk through the lobby, Joe Biden and covering through.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm straight. Did you say I said, let your body go through?
Speaker 2: State freeing people, Obama free and niggare.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 1: Know again, how know?
Speaker 3: Like when I say for the people, I mean you watch the whole board. Now, when I did my President's black I didn't just do a song. I fucking charted buses. I fucking put in money at the radio stations to promote and letting people know they can come out and vote, and lawyers go talk to people in the hood to let them know even if you had strikes against you can do because like this was a real thing. You know what I'm saying. This is like yeah, all that. So two stories. So I get a call to come to come to a dinner in New York with Obama. You know what I mean, invite it cordially invited. Cool. I go by the whole, I go by the whole.
Speaker 1: School time, sorry man.
Speaker 3: For suits all this. So we ready to go, right, I'll get to the event and I get out the truck. You know Trey songs, Kevin lows right.
Speaker 1: What we're doing?
Speaker 3: I mean, Jesus not clear righter, scre service over. I couldn't come.
Speaker 2: Were you to the side?
Speaker 3: No, it was embarrassing. List I didn't know that it was strike up embarrassing. And you know, I took it on the team, all right, cool, So you know I left, So imagine you're getting everybody going in the open this one. And that was like, yeah, you know this is it was the party and I did a lot of work, you know what I mean, Like, you know, you know, it wasn't personal, and I get it. And I just see Siret Service talking to my team and it's just like and they come back. I see my guy shaking his head. He come back. He's like, man, you're not gonna believe it. They don't want you to come in. I was like, Obama don't want to see me snow like snow. So I turned around, that's a whole show. Keep trying this, the whole thing, approbation, no moting. Cool. So I go to the fucking I go to the hotel and I'm just sitting there. I'm like, all right, cool, you know, I'm talking my son, I'm going to see Obama and all like Dad, I go nigga, ain't let us in. So anyway, I even go back to Atlanta, you know, do my thing and ship. And so they started asking me interviews, you know, just about Obama, you know, and my temperature kind of changed on It was like, well, you know it's supposed to yeah, And it really took me to sit down with fay Con, you know what I mean, Like we just talked about it, and I was just like you I just don't understand.
Speaker 1: That he don't like Obama, right.
Speaker 3: But what I didn't understand was how I can go so hard for somebody. But they would, you know, keep me on just but it was your background, right, so they they went through personal investigation. Ship he big, you walked though. Okay, but that was a thing. Now that that's what lets me know that he's a real leader.
Speaker 1: He's what I'm saying, like, he up, yo, jes They only do so much in your head. What happened to you?
Speaker 2: Obama was in the back and high, I'm sorry that was fucked up.
Speaker 1: He was again here in the back.
Speaker 2: He's sitting there a getting his voltage fixed. He's like, yo, who can they said, you know, like, oh yeah, that tell the nigga I'm gonna suck with him later boom this Hoever, what happened to j Z, they said, is racked and clear.
Speaker 1: I didn't let him in. That's in our world and.
Speaker 2: This is but they said, damn jesus, what ain't clear. Obama felt fucked up, right, he knew he had the holler y'all are black and some real niggah.
Speaker 3: But listen, that's what my mom come out. I was in London. She's like, Yo, you know the President's Saturday all last night the corresponding dinner, Like, man, you buddy, what he said though that he said was his first term, he sang al green. In my second term, I'm gonna sing, Young.
Speaker 1: Jesus, let's make some noise.
Speaker 3: But but that, to me show me that, yeah, Ice in his vein, he's a class act. Because if I can't stand around the little nigga that I respect, I'm gonna get on the stage and I'm like shout out to you know, stood by you, right, but without having to do that, And that tells me there, like that's presidential. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's that I know what you did for him, I ain't gonna stand by that right, and.
Speaker 3: That to me is a presidential quality. You know what I'm saying. I respect that. But you know, going back to main man, Donald Trump. You know what I'm saying, It's just it's just nothing about his character.
Speaker 1: Who is GZ voting for?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm gonna kill you. He don't know. I you know, I want to vote.
Speaker 1: I think you should say I want to vote.
Speaker 3: Vote If I had twenty, if I had to vote, I definite would vote here.
Speaker 1: Because but we need to vote for him. Everybody vote.
Speaker 2: So because twenty twenty g this is what I think we should do. I think we should put one of you know. You know one thing I love about Paul is, no matter how.
Speaker 3: Much you want to put puff in the White.
Speaker 4: House, listen for everybody listen, and Trump coming that near to it, why not elect R Trump?
Speaker 3: But listen? First of all, Okay, I want to cluss something up to because in the text throw interview that kind of like compared Trump the Tupac I did. But you know, before you ask me any ignorant questions out there, and that people listen to the whole interview, that's wrong. Black people. They don't like to read ship, they don't like listen to ship, listen everything. I was saying that he's the hottest nigga in politics. If he was to put an album out, he's go diamond right now because he's that nigga. And that's how I felt about you now right right.
Speaker 2: Chris Allen, lets me know that he's Chris Green in the building.
Speaker 3: Lets me know that he's he's who he say he is. I watched I sat down watching CNN this motherfucker For the first of all, to be the president. You only make about four hundred thousand dollars a year. Make shit, that's fucking jet fuel for this. Just to be clear, that's that's the text right off of his sushi and all the other same city like, So that's one notice, right, so you watch this dude fly in on his own jet, Like, keep in mind that the Air Force one that Obama flies in. That's give it to him from you know, the government. He flies in on his seven forty seven. So whatever it is to Cleveland, gets in the helicopter to fly one mile over to a baseball field to meet and greet some people, and then get in his truck and go to whatever event he had to go to. Now, if that doesn't sound like the nigga from the hood to me to pull out all his cars and pull up to the club and let you know what he's working with, he's right.
Speaker 1: He's basically he gets girl. He basically saying I got it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. So you gotta respect that, and note that's what you're dealing with. You're dealing with somebody who's very aware that he has a lot of shit going by the way. And I tell people all the time they're like, yo, you tripping. I'm like, yo, man, listen, man, that guy is so smart. His brand was cool. You always know how this ship go. Rich people want to be famous and famous people want to be rich. You know what I'm saying, he dropping. You know what I'm saying, like he's going for it is the dude that did He got his own.
Speaker 1: So he's smart. Right now, listen, think about it. Think about what he's going to his brand.
Speaker 3: You're talking about his brand, his brand, Yo. By the way, he don't give a fuck about his brand. He hot and whatever money he had is gonna flip four times by the time he's done doing what he's doing.
Speaker 5: Because before his brand, the Trump everything. I love that political right now, right, you know what I'm saying, for the lead like you lead people. If people could pay for the golf court health.
Speaker 3: Now his brand has by the way, but he doesn't hen't even that's that's the old news man. This dude trying to do a television network same way Puff did, Revote and everything else. Like he's a businessman. Though he deal with people to do a business. They're the most cut through but I think he's so smart he know he might not win, by the way, so what is this out? But by the way, by the way, is out is what he does? All this bullshit is coming up on him. He's showing his taxes. That's a fun Who wants all that burden? Who wants to do that? So, by the way, he probably sitting at home right now he does some crazy shit like I can't believe they ain't kick me out yet, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But that's one say about this. That's what I'm saying. What I'm saying is my whole thing is that hip hop we should have a union? Right when you sag, you know, you get your then to your health all that. Like don't you feel like do you feel like hip hop should we have a union?
Speaker 3: I mean just think is is risky because like if you really just think about it, you know what I'm saying, Like who would be a part of it? Who would delegate what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like it's like it should be us, like a certain percentage maybe one percent goals, like.
Speaker 3: Be real. I just think it's a little bit difficult because you know, music is the new streets everybody might not get in line with that because everybody you get so many different people just doing their own thing and got their own form of leadership or whatever they think. They might not be with putting things together because with this ship, people only care. It's like the streets, I don't care about me, my team and the niggas I'm grinding with, you know what I'm saying, Like anything, I think.
Speaker 2: That's a problem because at the end of the day, like we gotta we have to have something that continues to give to people who dedicated to our culture and maybe ain't prosper the.
Speaker 5: Way me and you are, Like why can't Melly Mell and Grandma's Flash have something like a man care And let's.
Speaker 2: Let's say get give you know my man that'n let's say get fair them to not have that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But he put me out, Let's say, big gift, that's my nigga. That's my nigga. This never happened, right, but big gip Right.
Speaker 2: Let's say he just gets sick and something happened, Like I feel like this should be a fund for big get Like you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. Immediately as soon as something like Boom, his insurance.
Speaker 2: Is taking care of that niggas that respect outcasts and respect the.
Speaker 1: People that came before us. We gave a one percent of something and it just takes care of them already. You know what I'm saying, somebody who.
Speaker 2: Dedicated their whole life to hip hop. I don't feel like that Birden.
Speaker 5: Should be on the fan before you, before you inswer that sag like saga they do that, you bite into that whatever you like.
Speaker 1: What the actor you could be a actor buying into that.
Speaker 3: What happens to the people in the hood, and the and the mothers in the hood, that the single mothers and trying to raise their kids and trying to do better, Like I would see better for them to have a situation like that for us because in a situation what we.
Speaker 2: Can get but the artist is gonna But if these artists died, this woman are single mother.
Speaker 1: These artists artists.
Speaker 2: Out of New York. All right, cool Boom, you know his wife. I don't understand. I don't know what's going on or whatever, but you know, it should have been like something that we all just gained, like you know, and not that goal funded me that embarrassing like you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, we all we all, we all get at the end of the day, right, we take a small percentage, and you say it's so whenever.
Speaker 3: You we don't have the personally, I got one, I got one better for you. I think that your approach is absolutely right, you know, just coming from my perspective. But I don't think it should be on us. I said, I think it should be on these labels that's made all these hundreds of millions. They're gonna do it, they do it, But that's the people you need to put a person on because they're making money hand over fist off all coaching and that.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: He's right, But I think they will follow us first because because at some point we're gonna claim our independence, right, Like you know what I'm saying, Like at some point you you might you know, live in depth jam, right, you might, and then you might just say, you know what, fuck it because it's streaming, streaming.
Speaker 3: But that's why I got a lot of respect, you know what I'm saying. For a lot of the younger cats is coming up and saying, you know what, I don't think I'm like, i'ma keep it real. I took a deal because I didn't want to go to prison, point blank period. You know what I mean, It's the best thing I had. Smoking is like going to college. You feel what I'm saying. It's like I got a scholarship. What you're gonna do, I'm gonna go play hard, and that's what I do it. You feel what I'm saying. But that's why I got right, and that's why I got and that's why I got a lot of respect for them. Like a young a lot of the younger cats is coming up and figuring it out because they still getting their money, but they ain't in the streets, so you gotta respect that. And they feed people that's around them. But to your point, more from where I'm standing, I think that the label has made more money off the culture than any of us had. Absolutely, So I feel like it's like working at a fucking Fortune five hundred company. When you sign up and you do it, you go in, you get your dental, you get your insurance, you get your health, you get all that ship.
Speaker 1: Because streaming kind of fuck like you think it added on.
Speaker 3: I think it made entrepreneurs out of young niggas in the hood because it's like, now I love the stream right, I think it made. But by the way, just how crazy music is to monetize, meaning like you know, like you know, it's it's so, it's so much is basically free. So the streaming it helps for you to know to you know just where you're at in the world, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I'm not a gauge where you're at, right, you know what I'm saying. Album they said streamed.
Speaker 2: One hundred million times, but it just went platinum.
Speaker 3: Right, So it did go platinum. What that's big? That's big.
Speaker 2: So so now when when they say platinum, are they still saying hard copies?
Speaker 1: Every thousand streams is one co I'm gonna say you like this, No, no, it went platinum. No no, I'm telling you right now, every certain amount of streams one sale.
Speaker 3: Think it's three three streams. I think I gotta ask.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's a couple of ali. I think it's just Atlantic Ali.
Speaker 3: What what? What? What? What?
Speaker 2: Atlantic Records said?
Speaker 3: I get here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, come on, legitimate la industry ship.
Speaker 3: Some industry niggas over here. Let's get something we drink over no dr facts over right, shampool, So what sample you come on?
Speaker 2: He said, fifty hundred, He's get you six hundred and sixty six dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, but how many? How many streams all a cludely to aim?
Speaker 1: Fifty fifteen hundred hundred? What is equivalent to one sale? Sound scan?
Speaker 3: God? Damn man Park is doing three four five?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah right yo, Jesus's crazy where.
Speaker 1: The industry is going? I don't you shampoo shampoo you all right? You look look you going on some fagas?
Speaker 3: Ou you need you need, you need to side of a nigga? How about that shampool?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: What's up your life? Right?
Speaker 2: Miss Avon? But I'm not jeesuy.
Speaker 3: I'm not fucked up about the streams thoughcause you got to really think about it like they because I got a nigga right now, I gonna get my eye part. He gonna lolad me up, you know what I'm saying. But I'm just sitting here, like damn, just getting all these niggas music for free, you know what I mean. But you complain about to its being sold free. But what I do think is like man, listen, man, you know if you if you in this city to sell records that's on you. If you in this city changed lives and and motherfucker you know, just bring something to the culture, then numbers don't matter. You know. The love that you get and the way people treat you, that's what the matters. So to me, it's like, Okay, look, I'm sold two million records before you know what I'm saying, one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: More. Man, I need somebody to work for me.
Speaker 3: You know I've gave away hundreds of thousands of mixtapes. I'm still the same nigga, you know what I'm saying. So, like numbers will never make me feel like I'm bigger, greater than who I am. My heart is what it is, and my mind is where it's that, you know what I'm saying. I'm at peace, So you know I love what I do. So whether I I sold a thousand records of a mean records, you know what I'm saying, My catalog is great. If I go out in these streets, I'm gonna get the same love, you know what I'm saying. So it's like that's cool on the on the business sense, I get that, But as far as putting your heart and your blood sweat and Twiss and your craft. I think that that's what really matters. So even if I don't do a mean records again, that's cool. I already done that, you know what I'm saying. Let's talk about some shit I ain't done. So I want niggas to feel me. I want them to feel me. So I'm gonna put the same effort into what I done. Is if it's just if this is my first mixtape, my first almum, you know what I'm saying. So whatever the results are, that's fine. I know I give you my all. You know what I'm saying. I know when I walk outside set poo on that ship, when I walk outside, I'm gonna get that same love. And that's and that's what matters to me. The love. I'm like, God, damn what my man named Mitch paid them for. I want to I want the love.
Speaker 2: Soul Survival right, crazy? That was That was one of my favorite records.
Speaker 3: That's it was crazy. I had fucking fucking Jim Jones in Brooklyn, he fucking meets in Brooklyn, jay Z and Brooklyn. That it was crazy sing in Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: You know what made it fall too?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Ain't calling?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I had a legendary I had twelve second right, but now that video that was legend right, that's song that Now that's your first official I'm at a major now that was that was.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna saying the true story about that record. This kiss throward, p gard blast god bless just makes you ting me about you that he you know I did the record. Uh Boo Boo's brother booze acon brother of course, and Boo brought me the record to passwork studios and like on some nigga shit. You know what I'm saying. He called me, told me he was outside. I ran outside, grab a CD, came back in, putting a little CD deck played it. I was like, okay, cool. I was actually going to Visits that night, which is a club in Atlanta. So I put the first verse down. It's like, I'm finish it when I come back from the club. So I put the first verse down, go to the club, hang out, come back, put the second verse down. I'm in the studio. She Kid comes through, you know a bunch of people in the studio and I was like, yo, boot game of this song is cool. I think it's too big, Like I don't want to go there, so I played it for him. He told me I was crazy, like this is the craziest shit ever, you know what I'm saying. But in my mind I didn't know that because I was doing trap or dye and you know, I'm really sticking in it, like I felt like it was too soft and some kind of way. The album got leaked, maybe like two months before it was supposed to come out. By the way, I caught a whole charge off of that lawsuit. Had to fuck somebody up because they leaked my whole shit. You know what I'm saying. The engineer that was just sleeking because I don't have to go yeah, yeah, So and it got leaked, and I remember riding around me and my crew was going to all the boot legs, running up in the motherfuckers eight k's and all types of ship, making them give us the boot legs back because you know, I'm in the street and it's like, if this ship don't work, still be in the street, I'm saying. So my arm got leaked, so you know, it kind of fucked me mentally, but thank god that happened because I didn't realize how big So Survival was hugely I started getting those.
Speaker 1: Calls about the whole country. This ship you got waking.
Speaker 2: In the world, and it was.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, I was like, damn, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: It was wird.
Speaker 3: I would go through the airport. I'll be going to different city and you might just see a nigga from Nigeria be like, Yo, Jesus, what's that? That was a group that perfect. But it was cool because me and Corn was cool. But you know, like I funck with cong that's my guy. I never knew he was this big, you know what I'm saying, Like this nigga I knew, like I didn't know how big the coaches.
Speaker 1: Were because he was getting a lot of money, right.
Speaker 3: So you know, you know, you know, and when I started seeing that ship, I was just like, Yo, this nigga shake which is secure. I was like he was right, Like because I was a hood dig in Atlanta. Now people know who the fuck I am in Nigeria. So it was like, I'm telling you, sixt year old white woman, be like, hey from quick R sixty year old white lady, I love your music. I'm looking like, what's song? So surviving is this? I'm just looking like, Wow, so you didn't know. No, Oh my god. Yo, by the way, if the album wasn't leaked and everything got love, I.
Speaker 1: Just pick that nigga up. The nigga leads out.
Speaker 3: The great thing by the way, by the way, by the way, like like I would have never knew. I'm telling Shake, I was like, Yo, we gotta take this ship off there wan Miami to be hard. This is bullshit, you know I'm saying because it was so big and it was so heard that this is the first song I ever had there was like a real song, you know what I'm saying. So you know, you if you if you're doing this right, So if you're doing this and you and you doing what you do, you always gonna try to keep it a hunted you know what I'm saying. So anything that feels like it's like too good to be true, you're like, no, I'm not fucking with that, you know what I mean? Yeah, because I told I was. I was like, Yo, we're gonna take that off.
Speaker 1: You was bugging nigga like one thing.
Speaker 3: I give him the credit to Shake man, like he always saw a bigger, you know, vision for me. You know what I'm saying, because like manager the kids stood. He worked at at the Laker. He the guy that got me signed to that. He passed.
Speaker 1: Bless him.
Speaker 3: But because I remember even having go get Her and I had a little will one of my homies from the hood, singing go get Her, and he came and heard it. He was like, Yo, that's the drove with Kelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's but the snow Man.
Speaker 2: You see it for y'all, get it up.
Speaker 1: It's like, damn, alright, sorry, please my studio in my crib.
Speaker 2: It's another train. Sorry, I'm in snow man.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: This is how Willard. They don't want niggas to win in.
Speaker 3: The studio in my in my crib, and I'm playing the Ship for him and ship and I had a little Whill on it, which is one of my guys from the neighborhood, you know, singing ship. And he was like, you're gonna put R Kelly on it. I was like, nah, man, I want abody on my song. Just do it put the hood. He's like, yo, man, just give it to me. So he sat there for hour. I won't wrestle with me. I said, i'mnna give it to you man, But he a'nna he ain't gonna say the part about trapping in the hood, so I want to keep my niggas on it. Yo. When that nigga sit that ship back, man, right, I was like, oh man, this is crazy. But he always, you know, saw it bigger for me, you know what I'm saying, even with so survivor and go get her and I love it. That's what That was a lot of him telling me, don't be scared to go there because I felt like it just had to be trapped, he had to be hood. And every time I go, when I get on the stage and I do that the records, I'm just sitting back and I'm just like, this is ten years later. I just feel still feel fresh, you know what I'm saying, right right.
Speaker 2: So geez, because I feel like the people's telling him us, you gotta go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can go shut this video with no record. Yeah, so what I'm outside the shampoo and this motherfucker Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, iking this motherfucker that's my nigga.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, so much, Jam Squad, thank you so much, Thank you so much, GZ. But one thing, where do you Gucci man stand in this?
Speaker 3: Man? I'm just folks, I'm focused on my album. Man, that's what I as black men. Right.
Speaker 1: You don't think you can put that to the side. I think, I think, I think.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, if it's not a I'm just focused on me. Man, I can't worry about that. Yeah, I'm just focusing. I'm just focused on ten twenty eight. Uh, trapper three, trapper dot three. That's what I'm focused on, the right.
Speaker 1: That's all we focus on right now.
Speaker 3: Making sure the fan bam good. You know what I'm saying. That's it. That's all man.
Speaker 1: I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 3: No, no, now, I appreciate you got me fucked up. I go shoot the video.
Speaker 1: We still got to take a picture of the shot right now.
Speaker 2: Serious about it?
Speaker 3: A good thing. I'm not drinking. Certain let's said pussy to sleep.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Listen, Let's make sure Avon sponsor us from now on, because, by.
Speaker 3: The way, every time I see the show, I need to.
Speaker 1: See a b yeah over you a bully us.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's do it. Don't bully us, do it?
Speaker 1: You got a bully us, you know, because it's a baby boom. We are together.
Speaker 3: I don't think I ever did an interview that I feel like I've been funked up right.
Speaker 1: Yo yo, but once again, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's make hold on