Speaker 1: This is Suckers. I'm Keeling Bell, I'm Dean Bell, and I'm Jared Habn.
Speaker 2: An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, and welcome to an all new episode of Suckers. I'm joined by two Suckers, Dean Bell and Jared habn that's me.
Speaker 1: That is also me.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, how's it going?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: I'm in Virginia right now in my father in law's office, and I feel like I'm very dark and not well lit.
Speaker 4: That's all right?
Speaker 1: Nor do I have a halo over my head?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It feels like Batman's office, a little darker.
Speaker 1: Little moodier, which I like. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wish I would lived in the bat Cave. Yeah, I would make my office like that. But you know, there's not enough uh yeah for a podcast or not enough lighting in here.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 4: Looks good, though, man looks like you're about to write a thesis on something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would my thesis be on?
Speaker 4: Batman? Batman?
Speaker 1: Definitely Batman, probably Superman. Lots of Superman going on right now. Jared cut to the chase Man. All we want to know about is how did it go with Daisy in Town? Oh yeah, Daisy was here. She came to Audrey's. We did a meet and greet. It was nice, it was fun. So Daisy was here last Wednesday. It was the first time I've ever met her. She's very sweet. Yeah, she's very sweet. It was we had like one hundred and thirty people just about and it was the first time she ever did any type of meet and greet, and a portion of the person she went to her charity. It has to do obviously with growing, you know, having a hearing impairment, which is something that Daisy has gone through through her entire life, to the point she wrote a children's book about it, and we saw that at Audrey's now, which is very sweet, and a lot of people bought it.
Speaker 4: What's with bachelor writing children's books? You wrote one? She wrote one? Then Peter write one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah he did.
Speaker 1: I forgot there's Peter Pilot.
Speaker 4: Pete didn't like Ari and Lauren write one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You think it's because I think we're so fond of writing children's book because we all only read at a children's reading level.
Speaker 1: Speak for yourself, Well, honestly, I would never be able to write my own novel, so that a children's book was the only thing. Also, my biggest regret about writing Lucy and Clark is we didn't make it rhyme. I wish it rhymed so much better. I feel like I speak well in rhymes. I could do a good job.
Speaker 4: Kids really appreciate a good rhyme.
Speaker 1: Adults appreciate a good rhyme. Whenever I'm reading a book to Dawson, I love reading books that rhyme because I always emphasized the last word. It's just more fun if you're like, you know, he wore a big black hat and he had a big black cat.
Speaker 4: That was fun.
Speaker 1: Fun, fun, fun guys come on out of last hearing that it makes.
Speaker 3: Sense for parents to write children's books, But I wonder what inspires someone who doesn't have kids, like Peter Webber and Daisy to write a kid's book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I said, I think it's just because we have the level of children.
Speaker 3: But like, what would Spark Pilot Pete to be like, I'm gonna write a kid's book.
Speaker 4: He seems like a bit of a kid. And I mean this is complimentary because I feel like I'm the same way. So maybe he's like, I'm going to write a book for my fellow children out there.
Speaker 1: To be fair, Ashley and I were not parents when we were Lucy and Clark yall, so we were in the same boat.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Interesting, you guy should write a sequel to it and make that one rhyme.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I know I should. I told you our biggest regret. My biggest regret is not making any rhyme. But the reason we wrote it is when Ashley and I, like you know, came out with our relationship, there was a publication that reached out and wanted to write a love story, like a romance not that was based on our story, and we didn't want to do that. We just we just didn't want to do that. And then we were joking one night about how our story is much more of a children's uh you know, moral, and so we should it should really just be a children's book, honestly, and we were joking about that, and then we joked about how, yeah, we can make the main characters are dogs, Clark and Lucy, because that's how we first bonded, that we both had little white, fluffy dogs. And then we told more about it and we're like, you know what, I don't hate that idea, and we became pretty passionate about it at a point where were obviously to the extreme of us actually doing it.
Speaker 4: Klyn, we should write a book about senior dogs.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, wait we should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, maybe that's how it starts. You just find something you're passionate about, and you you're like, well, this can't be an adult's book, so we turn it into a kid's book.
Speaker 4: We once found a dog who wasn't very happy. We took him home and we found it.
Speaker 3: Wait, this is cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cute already. You could call it something like, uh, Pappy's day at the puppy Playground. I know, Pappy's day. What is that called?
Speaker 3: Why is it escaping me?
Speaker 2: The PPP?
Speaker 3: I don't on a pr or no.
Speaker 1: Litera literation? Yeah yeah, yeah, so you could play have a play on words like that. Yeah, you got to write a book about Pappy. Now you've already you just put in the universe. You have to write a book about Pappy. Pappy's watching. Every time a dog dies, we read a new book.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so when Pappy died, we had two people bring us this book. It's like, all dogs go to heaven, and I think that might be the only book about dogs passing, so we could create the new book about dogs passing and how they go to heaven?
Speaker 4: What would Alistairs? Ryan Bell start? A dog named Muttley. We took him home, but his name was unsubtly, so we decided to change it to a sweet new name, and that name change the game. His name is now Alistair and he is our little.
Speaker 3: Hey, you were making fun of Jared, but you're having fun, aren't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 4: I didn't make fun of him at all. I am jealous fun. I remember, I'm jealous of his his writing abilities.
Speaker 1: But it also let's let's be honest. You guys are going to write a book about Pappy when Alistair dies, You're not gonna want to.
Speaker 4: Write a book about Alistair. Oh, Alistair gets his own book, all right, Kaitlyn writes Pappy's book. I read Alistair's book. That's that's how it goes. I still have a million questions about this daisy coming to Audrey's thing though. Okay, so was this your first time meeting her? It was the first time meeting her. Yeah, I don't know. It's always weird when because you.
Speaker 1: Guys know, it's not like all Bachelor people know other Bachelor people, Like, there's so many people I just have not met. But Dais was very sweet. It worked out because she now works with our agent, Paul, and so he was the one that kind of helped put it all together. And she was only for a day. But it was nice, bro, because obviously Audrey's is a brick and mortar, Like I spend a lot of time there, I care very very much about it, so, you know, any opportunity I get to have, you know, somebody come that brings in a big crowd and people get excited about and think that Audrey's is cool because this person is coming here. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: So did she draw like a bigger than usual crowd?
Speaker 1: M No, Honestly, you know who drew the biggest crowds Probably well when we we had Mike Johnson there a couple of years ago, and he drew the biggest crowd because we didn't have tickets. Kaitlyn Bristows Yeah, KB, So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you knew that because he kind of started saying and then stuff. Yeah you read between the lines.
Speaker 1: There, dude, Yeah, Kaitlin, I mean it was crazy when we announced that she was coming I mean I put together a video. It was fun, so like, we really promoted it well, and we teased it. We said somebody's coming. And then the next day or two days later, I put together a reel and posted it. And yeah, I mean she she sold out. I'm not joking. We sold I think like one hundred and forty tickets and she sold out in two hours. It was crazy. It was insanity. What do you guys charted for your ticket? I think there were like twenty five dollars something like that, So not like I would never charge anything crazy, but it was like twenty five thirty because we had to pay for you know, Caitlin's airfare, and she also had her assistant come in, and we had to pay for her hotel, and we wanted to make sure that she stayed in a nice hotel because we didn't want to put her in a crappy one, so she stayed in Newport. Yeah expenses, bro, Yeah, I wouldn't know what that's like.
Speaker 4: Well, that's good. I'm glad you guys had a good time with her there. Yeah? Did you did? You? Did you get to like talk to her and hang out with her? Because what's the isn't there like a rumor that she's like now to aiding her ex boyfriend or something. You get to the bottom of that at all.
Speaker 1: It's not a rumor. It's confirmed, isn't it all these Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that she's dating her ex boyfriend or ex fiance or something. I think he was in her life at some point, but yeah, from what I know that they're dating. I didn't really get to spend that much time with her because I was working. She was only there for one day, so they all went to dinner, Ashley, Daisy, margin Paul, a couple of other people. Sydney was there from this past season, so they went to dinner. So when you come into the South County Commons, which is the plaza that Audrey's is located, across the way, there's a restaurant in town in a place called trottatora Romana. We love this place so much, so whenever we have someone in town, we always bring them there. So Ashley and all of them were there. So when I was setting up, I got to go over just for a minute and say hi, and introduce myself to Daisy and then just kind of give her a rundown of what was going to happen before it started really really getting busy because as soon as she walked in, it was just gonna be a mad house. But so I didn't really get to spend do much time with her because they had dinner and then obviously I was prepping ready to go, getting ready to go. But it was nice, like she's very sweet, down to earth, super low key. She was so excited, which was cool. It was like, you know, I mean, you guys, remember the first time you got off the show, and like you're just bombarded with so many people that are so excited to meet you and bring all this energy and it's like you get adrenaline from it. You're just young, dumb, you know, and it's just it's fun. You're like, oh my god, I can't believe this is happening. This is insane and it's so great. So, like, you know, she was like a kid at a candy store. Do you remember the meet and greet days, Caitlin. I feel like the girls don't go through this specific aspect of it coming off the show, but the guys do quite.
Speaker 3: Because the girls are in love with you and they want to meet you at these clubs.
Speaker 4: Have a shot at you, and girls are less interested in meeting girls that they admire on the show than a cute boy that they saw on the show. I agree with that, but that's not that's not my point I'm trying to make. Jarry, did you do you remember those because I remember we did one together, I think at a casino there in Rhode Island or somewhere in the area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it was it was me. You know, it's funny looking back upon this now, it was if I remember correctly, it was me, Ash, you and Blake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds about right, I think so. No, that is right, funny, that is right. Yeah. But when we came up, or at least when I came up the show, I remember I was getting like these ridiculous offers to go to the randimous bars, like the ones in what's that province in Canada, Calgary. There's a couple of bars in Yeah, there's a couple of bars up there. Or they paid me like a like more than I feel like I deserve to be paid. But then you get there and it's like crazy, Yeah, it's like a bunch of people just excited to see you. You don't really know what to expect, especially for your first one. I just said, especially especially for your first one. Yeah, in a way, I'm glad we're not doing those things anymore. But at the same time too, it's for four hours of work.
Speaker 3: It's pretty fun, and you're glad now because you're married, you probably loved all of the girls spawning over you.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: I was going to those things to collect a paycheck. I wasn't going there to meet girls that were fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like most of those guys.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that most of those guys do that. I'm sure some of them do and have and will do, but that was never like.
Speaker 3: But also that time has passed, like they don't do those things anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I was wondering, Like, maybe it's just the landscape of all that.
Speaker 1: Are we just old and we have no idea what the hell's going on?
Speaker 3: Maybe actually because I guess we don't really follow the new guys. Yeah, they could be.
Speaker 4: But also, I mean, obviously we're not getting invited to those things because we're old news. That's probably part of it. But yeah, who wants to go to a club to a married man, stand in line for four hours and wait for a picture with a married man.
Speaker 2: You know, special type of person.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: But no, Dean's one hundred percent right because anytime we have single guys, like when we had Rodney and Nate, and we had Andrew and Justin before Justin and Susie were together. Yeah, like, obviously these women are coming to Audrey's and wanting you know, they all think that they're going to have a chance to go home with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good, good, good times. I missed those days. I said that for a reaction. I obviously don't miss those days one bit.
Speaker 2: You're just a piece of word.
Speaker 4: I missed the money, I missed the easy money that they were, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, Dean's been grumpy for two days and I've been home for twelve hours.
Speaker 4: I haven't been grumpy.
Speaker 3: I mean two days, I mean one day. Yeah, and it's just keeps getting worse.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, Kaitlin's been grumpy.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I have not been grumpy. I've been trying to cheer you up. So Dean took his motorcycle from LA to here.
Speaker 4: How many miles thousand miles?
Speaker 3: A thousand miles and he came home and he was just as grumpy as I expected her to be.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was not, you were.
Speaker 4: I was in a great mood.
Speaker 3: No, you were not.
Speaker 1: How bad was the ride?
Speaker 4: It was awful. It was the worst ride ever. That's maybe why you might think I was a little bit grumpy. But I wasn't grumpy.
Speaker 1: I was tired, sassy.
Speaker 4: I was not sassy, Oh my gosh, No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Yes, but I was thinking about it. I would have been way worse if I were in your shoes. Not that I ever would be like, I would never put myself in a situation like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was his own decision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I kind of just I was like, you know what, you'd be grumpy.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: I wasn't grumpy. I was tired after twelve straight hours of riding on the tiny little seat on a motorcycle.
Speaker 3: And remember, you chose this, I did.
Speaker 4: But you know but what, I wasn't grumpy in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: I was a sweet boy. No, yes, I was a sweet sweet boy. You were you were being mean to me?
Speaker 3: No, I told you last night. I was like, if you're going to be crumpy. No, I said, I understand that you're tired, but you don't need to be mean.
Speaker 2: You can be a little bit nicer.
Speaker 3: No, you were being mean to me and you said, oh, that's gonna make me happy.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because we were watching the TV show and then all of a sudden you go crawl into bed and I was like, oh, are we done watching the TV show now? And you're like, no, we can still watch, but obviously you're reading your books. I was like, well, I don't want to watch this TV show if you're more interested in reading your book.
Speaker 3: First of all, it was a movie. It's called Fallout.
Speaker 4: It's not a movie. It's a series.
Speaker 3: It's a show.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's ten episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's a movie.
Speaker 4: It's a series.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: So I was like excited to dive into the series with you and get excited about watching a show together. And Kaitlyn sitting there reading your book and I'm like, well, I don't want to make you watch this show.
Speaker 3: If you're gonna work, we don't need to get into the semantics.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, see, you get put off the ropes a little bit, and you get a little.
Speaker 3: Concerns if you want me to elaborate. You were in the bathroom for a long time TV show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just for context.
Speaker 3: Wait, that first episode was like two hours long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like an hour and twenty minutes episode.
Speaker 1: Full cow damn, why do people watch TV shows? This is stupid? How many hours can you do?
Speaker 3: I thought you would be into this one, Jared, This one's good.
Speaker 4: I've only heard three friends that it's really good, and it actually is really good. And it plays like a movie, so I could see why you think it's a movie. Yeah, it's very well done.
Speaker 3: Is it based off of a video game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's based off a video game. I never played, though, so I'm not really.
Speaker 1: I've heard the Yeah, I've heard it the video game.
Speaker 4: But yes, I was in the bathroom for maybe longer than I should have been.
Speaker 3: So I started reading my book because I'm not just gonna sit in twitle my thumbs.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, well, let's start watching the show. And You're like, oh, okay. But then I could tell that you really wanted to read your book, so I was like, Okay, then I'll just go watch the show in the other room. You're like, no, watch the show.
Speaker 3: Share We not done with this story.
Speaker 4: And then we watched the show. We finished the show, and the show finished at well like ten thirty ish, And the whole time, Can's looking at her phone. She's like, what time is it? What time is it? I gotta wake up early.
Speaker 3: I gotta wake up early because I'm timing my sleeping pills.
Speaker 4: This first episode ends, and then Kayleen goes to the bathroom and I go to sleep, and then I wake up fifteen minutes later. I hear around and Kiln's reading her book. So it wasn't about going to bed earlier. It was about reading your book the whole time, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Because I took my sleeping pills and I need thirty minutes for them to kick it.
Speaker 4: He's always about reading this book.
Speaker 3: That was the longest story ever.
Speaker 4: Well, now people know that you always pretty long book. I guess I'll just watch that series by myself.
Speaker 3: No, I'm really into it. Actually, No, you want Oh my gosh. Anyways, Dean spending crumpy, but I get it. I get it. So he drove from La to Colorado. It took three days, you said, two days.
Speaker 2: Two days? Yeah, you you crushed it, fat?
Speaker 1: Would you do you? Just like, what do you do on the bike. Yeah, are you even allowed to have headphones in? You can't, right, because you got to hear about your surround like you got to hear your surroundings.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it depends you use I guess that's the thing though. It's like when you drive a car long distance, You're like, oh, I can get snacks, I can drink or drink or change the song if I want to, and eat these little chips while I drive on a motorcycle. Now you're just locked into your seat. You got to like replan your music. I do.
Speaker 1: I don't feel bad for you at all. You could have easily just gotte to you haul, had that thing shipped.
Speaker 4: You couldn't expressive. I got a quote for you haul. It was two thousand dollars. Not in a million years.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Then you got another car, and.
Speaker 4: Then I got a quote to get the motorcycle like professionally shipped to our house, and it was one thousand dollars, And I was like, yeah, that's somewhat reasonable. I'll consider it. That's very reasonable. Yeah, yeah it is, it's very reasonable. But then I was like, well, why would I pay someone to ship it when I'm perfectly of body to drive this thing back.
Speaker 3: He says this about everything in life.
Speaker 4: If I can do something myself, why don't I just do it? Why would I pay someone to do it?
Speaker 1: That's crazy because you come back a grumpy asshol Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wanted to be grumpy for another two more hours, maybe three more after this podcast episode.
Speaker 3: With you guys, I said last week, I was like, prepare, Dean, it's going to be grumpy. And I was preparing myself and you were. You weren't that bad, but you were.
Speaker 2: Okay, grumpy.
Speaker 4: Great. I guess I'm just a grumpy guy.
Speaker 3: Well it makes sense you did this ridiculous crazy thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, keep putting me on blastep, you got It's fine, It's fine. So I would just listen to podcasts. And the thing with the motorcycle is you can only get You only go like one hundred and forty miles at a time before you run out of gas and you need to get more because the gas tank is really small. So that kind of is like nice because you break up your drives every in like hour and a half chunks. You can only really drive for an hour and a half to two hour stops.
Speaker 3: But then he ran out of gas.
Speaker 4: Then you get out and you like stretch your legs a little bit, maybe get a bottle of water, eat some chicken tend's. It was really cold, so every time I would stop, I would like take my gloves off and run them under those sink for fifteen minutes to warm up my hands. I could feel them again, and then I'd be like, you're just stupid.
Speaker 1: Pay the thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: You gotta get that.
Speaker 1: Go on this freezing motorcycle, do a club appearance and drive. Yeah, a thousand dollars, pay for the shipment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like. It was good. Once I got out of La it was fun. And then once I got to Utah, it was really bad. And then from Utah to Colorado, I was just a brick of ice the entire time.
Speaker 3: And we had a random, crazy snowstorm yesterday. So thankfully it wasn't snowing when you got here, but it was snowing all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I cut up on a lot of podcasts. I listened to Armshair Anonymous, which is a go to for me, but I ran out of those, so then I listened to my golf podcast, Chasing Scratch, and I caught up to present day on those, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Bro, you look rumpy. Your hood's on, it's like all squeezed up next to your face. Take that halo off. You're not an angel right now, put some horns on, bro.
Speaker 4: I was sleeping in crappy motels, not very not getting very good sleep. It was just all around the great experience.
Speaker 3: Okay, but these are all your choices.
Speaker 2: You could have it.
Speaker 4: I would do it again in a heartbeat. That's all that to say. I would do it again.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Why where would you go wherever it needs to go?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you like do it on a like a normal motorcycle that you can Yeah, you know what is that?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with my motorcycle?
Speaker 3: Is it app you're saying no, you're saying that that's not meant for cross country.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing too, this motorcycle that I have, great motorcycle Harley Sports their Excel eight eight three, which is kind of like it could be dubbed as like a beginner's Harley, even though I'm not a beginner. Let me clearly state that I'm not a beginner. I've been riding motorcycles for twenty five years. But I just wanted something sporty twenty three. I want something sporty in light that I could just kind of bop around on twenty three.
Speaker 1: When when did you ride a motorcycle?
Speaker 4: I started riding dirt bikes at ten years old. I was wrapping around like a little maniac.
Speaker 2: There's no rules in Colorado.
Speaker 4: No, there's no age limit to when you can start dirt biking. You're like not on the street, so you know, not obviously like you don't need a driver's license. You could just go out into the desert and ride around wherever you want out there. But I bought this thing just because I wanted something like quick and cool to get around on. There's no like front wind cow, so there's no there's nothing in front of you to like break the wind up as it kind of moves past the motorcycle, and so your body is basically acting as a giant sale and so your whole the whole time, your abs are like crunched in and you're like, oh my god, please don't blow me off the back of this saying you're going eighty five miles an hour. That's another thing why you need you need headphones too, because the wind noise is crazy. The engine is super loud obviously, and if you didn't have it, like you can't hear anything anyway, so you might as well just like put some noise canceling headphones in and listen to something that you want.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Also chose like the worst time to come because not only was there a snowstorm, the winds were like thirty forty miles per hour this weekend.
Speaker 4: There were some times on the highway where you're going like eighty and you're like fully lean. You're going straight, but you're like fully leaning into the wind, so you're kind of like at a huge angle. And it wasn't really sketchy by.
Speaker 3: Any means, But yeah, that doesn't sound scotch.
Speaker 1: It sounds pretty sketchy. Everything you just described sounds sketch.
Speaker 4: It's not like, for the record, it sound like I chose this time to drive it back. This is just the time that I had to drive it back. I was in La canceling my last little bits in La, and I just oh, and that was the other thing. I can't register in Colorado unless it's here because I need to take it to the VIN office. And so I like had to get it here so I could get it reinsured. It is insured now, but like the insurance is expiring at the end of the month, so I like had to get it back here for that. So there was like a lot of it was a lot of things.
Speaker 3: You're still trying to explain it, like this was the only option.
Speaker 4: It was the only No. I know, I had the option to ship it, and I would have. I would have shipped it if I was older and less excited about it, but I'm much older. I'm glad I did it. If I was one year older, I probably would have shipped it. Oh no, that's not true. And also too, like I've done a lot of motorcycle journeys, but they've always been three or four hours on my little crowd trocket that I had in college. But I've never done like a you know, ten plus hour trip, and this one was fifteen. So I was like, well, I've never done it before. It could be a fun experience.
Speaker 3: I fully thought he was going to just ship it because the last time he tried to do something like this, he tried to drive his motorcycle from Vegas to LA He got one hour in and then was like screw this and drove back and then.
Speaker 2: Brought it on his track.
Speaker 4: But I think I learned from that experience, and you're right the whole time I was I made it to when I made it from La to Vegas, I was like, that actually really wasn't as bad as I remembered it being. And I think the difference was I took my backpack off and I strapped it to the back so that way there was nothing like on my back while I was riding, which helped the comfort quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad you're safe. I'm glad your grumps are almost over.
Speaker 1: Calen. Would you ever ride on the back of his motorcycle?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, but she has.
Speaker 3: We've talked about this because we got into a crash once and I won't get back on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were crash, but you used to you we went to Maui and you did the road to Hannah ten hours on the back of a motorcyclist.
Speaker 3: Riding in Hawaii is so different because everyone's so chill, everyone's going slow, they're respectful, la insane. Nobody cares about motorcyclists. They are just like not aware of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're dead to me, honestly. On the four or five they're just.
Speaker 3: Like going in between lanes. It's so scary.
Speaker 1: I would never Well, now that we're in Colorado, will you.
Speaker 3: On our property? Yes?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: It will stay here on our little exactly what she.
Speaker 1: Just said her on your property?
Speaker 4: You won't take it with me to go getunch one of these days?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Why no lunch?
Speaker 3: If we're going to our neighbors down the street, Kiln, Dean.
Speaker 4: We need to change that. We need to change that real.
Speaker 1: Bad, So Dean, Now that you were just in La, is there any part of you that misses being in La? Both of you guys?
Speaker 4: Kind of but not really for me, No, not at all.
Speaker 3: I love how slow it is out here, and you like are breathing fresh air. People are super nice. I think the people for me has just given me a total different perspective because everyone is so nice and in La, nobody looks at you, nobody says hello, nobody. There's not a lot of kind people, and I just love the kindness. It warms my heart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess it's true, but also too, like you're you kind of put yourself in more interactions to get treated better by random strangers here. Don't you think, like how often in La. Are you walked Like you don't really walk around in LA. It's not really a walking place, so you don't only have like many casual interactions with people that you might not know well.
Speaker 3: Even the people are still so nice and so welcoming and want to meet new people, whereas in LA they're with their cliques and they're judgmental. Not everyone, of course, but for the most part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess that's true. I mean, I personally definitely prefer Colorado. I do love LA, but mostly just like for the friends that I have out there. But no, we went to like we just go off and went to a couple of parties while I was there, And I agree, it just feels like we went to like this party on Saturday night to kind of like say goodbye to some of my golf buddies out there, say see you later, because it's never goodbye, you know. And everyone I met, they were all really nice, but I could tell like one of the first things they would always do is be like, look at my Instagram, look at this thing I just did. Oh I just started this thing. I want you to let me know what you think about it, or like what can you do to help me? Make this thing better kind of thing. So there's like a lot of ulterior motives out there, I feel like, and everyone.
Speaker 3: Here is just so focused on being like hell healthy, outdoors y. Even my nail person is just like camping, outdoors, rafting, and I just feel like you don't have that in La or Vegas, Vegas a little bit more.
Speaker 4: When are you gonna start jumping?
Speaker 3: Do you think once it warms up it's so cold, it was just snowing.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Dean has a pig filter on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I even find myself trying to like stay away from social media or just being off my phone more and reading more or just I don't know it is. I mean, I obviously we're a part of the entertainment industry, We're part of the influencing world, like that's who we are. But I you know, it's like I'm just trying to instead of scrolling through my phone, I'll read or even I know this is this is where we're at in twenty twenty four, Like I'll watch TV instead of I'll actively try to watch TV instead of being my phone, which I don't know if for some reason in my mind that feels healthier but that that's where we are in this day and age, where it's like, all right, I'm going to sit even though all I do is watch Seinfeld, but still I'm going to sit, not be on my phone and watch an episode of Seinfeld.
Speaker 3: I do get that because lately, anytime I'm on social media, I get so aggravated. Like there's this cute video of a kid and he named his Mothew and he's dying laughing. He is like he thinks it's a funny thing the world. It's the cutest video and he has a pacifier, and all the comments are ripping the parent apart. They're like, you're a horrible parent. His teeth are so bad. And I'm like, why every wholesome video lately that I've seen it, I'm like, there's no way someone can pick this apart. They find a way to pick it apart. So I've been trying to do the same because it's just toxic.
Speaker 4: But you're always on social media, Kailin.
Speaker 3: I am not. I'm always reading.
Speaker 4: Well, you read at night and in the morning, and then you're on social media. Est today, No you're not. You're not for the whole day. I mean, I agree with what Jared said, like, I sometimes when I sit down to watch something, even if it's like a sports game or something, I like be watching the show, but then I'm also on my phone and I'm like, what am I actually paying attention to?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 4: Am I paying attention to my phone? Or am I paying attention to my TV? And then I'm like, oh, I'm not really paying attention to either of them, So what am I doing? Like why am I doing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like checking. Well, if I'm watching a sports game, I'll be just online checking people's reactions to the game, which I understand why I enjoy because it feels like there's a friend group or like I'm talking to people about the game even though it's just on social media. But it also is just like I I'm not watching the game, you know, I'm too distracted, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's kind of what was nice about Fallout. I put it on and I was like, Oh, I don't even have any interest in being on my phone right now because it's so interesting.
Speaker 1: You don't get to watch what you want to watch when you have a kid. For example, tonight I was here at the end laws I was like, oh, we should watch a movie. I'm like, boy, I can't watch a movie like a movie that it has to be a family movie because Dawson's going to be in the room watching it with us, even if it's on the background. So like, we can't watch like PG thirteen or R rated movie. And he's been going to bed so late. He didn't go to bed till ten last night. Kid is just staying up and so it's so funny. He went to bed and then I went to bed. I was like, all right, I guess we're going to bed at the same time. Bro. But I was thinking about that. I was like, oh, we could watch a movie tonight. And I was trying to think of like a movie that I wanted to show them. Long story short, I was listening to the Man of Steel soundtrack and I was like, oh, we should watch Superman. Like I don't know if they've actually ever seen Man of Steel, and I would want them to see that. And I was like, well, we can't watch that because Dawson's up and that is even though it's Superman he loves Superman, it's way too dark and there's way too much action going on and fight sequences. And then I was like, shit, we can't watch anything really unless it's like family oriented. And then even if we watch something that's family oriented, Dawston's probably gonna get bored forty minutes in, so we're not gonna be able to finish the movie. And how much are we going to really enjoy the movie if it's more for kids than adults. While there's five adults in the room, midd only one child.
Speaker 4: Watch whatever movie you want to watch. Like, I feel like when I was a kid, I was watching scary movies and I turned it out.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm not gonna give Dawson nightmares.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but maybe like it'll be good for him. Now.
Speaker 1: This was an eternal battle on my mind though, because at some point when I was thinking about it, because I'm on the same trend as you, more so than Ashley, where I was like, I saw a Scream, you know, when I was a kid, when I was like eight years old, probably way too young, actually much too young to watch movies like Scream or horror movies like Halloween. Having said that, because I thought about nightmares that I had, Like I remember being scared shitless at night, thinking that you know, Ghostface was going to walk into my room. But like Dawson does need to have nightmares as well. I know that sounds horrible, but I you know, that's the unfortunate part of getting older and realizing the fragility of life. You know, it's like you have nightmares about like something you saw on TV coming to you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe when he's ten.
Speaker 1: I know he's too young, he's only I know he's too young for nightmares right now. I don't want him to have nightmares. I want him to be just happy and go lucky and smiling and feel like the safest kid in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, m I think you should make him watch some scary movies also too. He's so young, he's not even gonna register what's going on in them.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking that my mom would watch Days of Our Lives all the time when I was around, and I remember it and I was way too young to be watching it as very inappropriate, and she probably thought the same thing, Oh, she's not paying attention, she won't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: I think what my parents would do is they'd send us to bed early, like at nine or eight thirty or something like that. And this is when we're older, like toddler's or you know, eight, nine, ten years old, and then they would watch whatever show they wanted to watch in the living room. And like, my mom would watch Sex in the City and every time i'd like poke my head out at like ten thirty PM, she'd be watching Sex and the Shitty. She'd be like, go back of your room. You're not allowed to be watching this. So maybe that's what you need to do. Put him in the room around eight thirty and then put on whatever you want to put on.
Speaker 3: He's lucky you didn't come out during some scenes because it's it literally is Sex in the City.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why do you think my brain is so messed up?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but bro, the problem is Dawson doesn't go to bed till he's been Even if we put in bed at nine thirty, you think I'm starting a movie at nine p forty five at night and staying up past ten thirty.
Speaker 4: Block him in his room at like eight thirty and be like, this is just this is what you need to get used to. You're going to bed at eight thirty every night until you're old enough to watch these movies with us.
Speaker 1: Listen, you got ya. You're talking to the wrong the wrong person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Ashley walked into the room. She's listening. Do you have something to say quickly?
Speaker 5: I think? I mean, yeah, I think I'd rather nine, But I really like his schedule, and I'm usually the one that has to be like up with him throughout the day and my nighttime, my schedule, my nocturnal clock, and whatever they.
Speaker 2: Like to call him.
Speaker 5: There are three different kinds of people depending on how you're wired. I am that person that stays up late and likes to sleeping late. And there's no there shouldn't be any shame around that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying there is shame. Two things. One, have you brushed your teeth today?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Well I didn't get a chance.
Speaker 1: I know I've noticed. But then two, I don't want to talk about it on air because it will offend you.
Speaker 2: What will.
Speaker 1: No? Not your breath?
Speaker 2: What you think I'm just lazy?
Speaker 1: No, you're pregnant. Obviously you have.
Speaker 5: A Even if I'd still ideally would wake up at.
Speaker 4: Nine or nine thirty, I'm I'm on the Ashley program. So offend us, Jared, what's going to offend us? Late on? Well?
Speaker 1: Because you said you have to be up with him most of the day.
Speaker 5: Oh, because we have an anny. Yes, okay, yeah, but I don't want to go back to sleep and waste time, Like I don't want to go back to bed, Like what do you want me to wake up at like seven with him and then go back to bed whence she comes.
Speaker 1: No, he would still be If you went to bed at eight thirty, the kid would not wake up till eight thirty.
Speaker 2: Yes he won't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want to start get putting in a bed at eight thirty and seeing what he.
Speaker 1: Wakes Sure, he's going to break that Grandpa, He's going to break the picture.
Speaker 4: That was my advice. It's bet at eight thirty is fine.
Speaker 5: You like to go to bed early, we're just having an.
Speaker 2: Issue with that.
Speaker 1: It's not early. But as long as you don't get mad at me when he goes to bed, I pretty much go to bed.
Speaker 5: I don't really get it.
Speaker 4: I don't really care, all right, You guys are the opposite of us. Kaylen goes to bed at eight thirty and I go to bed at midnight.
Speaker 2: I wake up early, Dean wakes up late.
Speaker 5: I really think that his schedule is so ideal for a kid like come on.
Speaker 1: Nine to nine nine. He doesn't go to bed at nine.
Speaker 5: No, but let's just say it was nine to nine. Okay, it's nine thirty nine would be better than nine thirty to eight thirty half hour.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I'm okay with putting in a bed at nine.
Speaker 1: Well, he's been going to bed at ten.
Speaker 5: Well, we could talk to my mom about that. That's annoying. She's nuts.
Speaker 1: What's he doing? He's just grabbing everything so early, Dawson. All right, Well that's where we're at right now with parenthood.
Speaker 4: I gotta say though about the whole waking up early, getting to bed early with Kaylen and I. If I wake up earlier than she does, which happens once or twice a week, let's say Kaylen.
Speaker 3: Agree with that once or twice a month, once or.
Speaker 4: Twice a week. Okay, So you disagree. Obviously, your probably is getting in the way if you agree that it's not.
Speaker 3: Fride is just a fact.
Speaker 4: If I wake up earlier than Calen. Let'say, I wake up at six thirty, I'm still going to bed at midnight.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter what time I wake up, I'm staying up till that same time every single night for.
Speaker 3: The case, because your internal clock. Yeah, and women need more sleep than men. So I like to sleep a lot.
Speaker 1: I like to get to.
Speaker 3: It's a recent fact that came out by a doctor.
Speaker 1: Study of recent fact by one doctor. I don't know if I'm buying this.
Speaker 3: Maybe ten doctors. I don't know, but I I have read that from multiple sources. I believe it, and I do. I need more sleep than you. Maybe maybe you sleep more than me. Actually I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. First of all, I just googled this. The first line says women are also multitaskers, and they do it a lot at once.
Speaker 3: Please, that's why we need more sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it says women need twenty more minutes on average than men.
Speaker 3: I thought it was two hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, hours on average is a lot of hours. Yeah, two hours.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You're telling me men only need six hours and women need eight. Yeah, that's a big discrepancy.
Speaker 3: I'm making this up, obviously, but I think so.
Speaker 4: In your personal experience.
Speaker 3: You think personal experience.
Speaker 4: I guess my point is whether I get six hours, eight hours, ten hours, he's grumpy. I'm gonna be grumpy for the first hour I'm awake, and then I'm fine until midnight and then I can do it. I can do that six am wake up call every day if I need to. Fortunately, I don't need to very often. Like if I have to go to yoga, I haven't gone in a couple of weeks months. But you know, like if I have to get up early to maybe play golf, let's say to play golf, because that's something I can get excited wake up.
Speaker 3: It actually blows my mind. Dean will be up all night in La He was like, you know, maybe out at a bar with his friends late, let's say two am. This didn't happen often two am. Will be up at six am, ready to go for golf. Golf. You know, they will stand in his way.
Speaker 4: It gets in the way of the tea time.
Speaker 1: It's insane, and it's true.
Speaker 4: There's some truth to it, like it's something I'm excited for, so I know I'm gonna get up and yeah, I'll probably be miserable for the first hour or so and maybe shoot the worst score ever, but I'm there, I'm golfing.
Speaker 3: He's happy, Whereas if you were home, you wouldn't be that happy. You'd be grumpy.
Speaker 1: It's just different because at home, like when I'm golfing, different, Kaylen, he enjoys playing golf more than hanging out with you.
Speaker 4: That's not the point at all. At home, I have a bunch of like menial tasks that I need to complete, But the golf course, all I have to do is at the golf course is golf, So it's like different in that regard.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know, you pass, I'll give you a c there.
Speaker 4: Wow, thank you, that's what I'm seeing.
Speaker 1: I would say, du pass.
Speaker 4: But I'll take the pass. But yeah, that's that's it, Kaylyn. What'd you do? While I was.
Speaker 3: Gone, oh wow, okay, I read. I watched I read the idea of you really fast because I wanted to watch the movie. The book is so bad, so creepy. The movie's a little bit better. So in the book, the guy is twenty years old and the main characters forty, and they're dating, and then her kid is twelve. It's all just very weird, and the kid is into someone who's seventeen, and then her boyfriend is only a few years older than that. It just felt really creepy. But I also, yeah, in the movie, the guy's twenty four and she's forty. It's a little bit better. But I understand too the perspective of like, men do this all the time and they're judged a little bit, but not as harshly as women. I just still couldn't get past it. I don't agree. I don't really like massive age differences. But yeah, so I watched that caught up on some Miss USA drama. Not that you guys care, but the first well, Ashley cares because Ashley did pageants.
Speaker 1: Ashley did pageants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how we met.
Speaker 1: At my Ashley, Yes, your pagan.
Speaker 3: She was doing a prelim firms Virginia USA.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, forget about that.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess we didn't technically meet, but I watched her on stage compete. So the Miss USA there have been like what forty Miss ussays the very first Miss USA resigned or like the current Miss USA just resigned and she's the first to ever do that, which is crazy. And then in her statement people are pulling it apart and it spells out I was silenced or I'm silenced or something. So something's going on. It's really fishy. I've been trying to get to the bottom of it, texting all my pageant girls, but I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: Where was she from Utah?
Speaker 3: We watched her win last year, and you know, she cited mental health as a problem, which it definitely is. And the previous Miss USA two years ago killed herself, so it is a huge, huge issue and hopefully some changes are made.
Speaker 4: So do you renounce Miss USA pageants?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just been it's been pretty bad for a while. Yeah, and then I watched the Met Gala, So that's that's kind of all I've been doing.
Speaker 1: What do you watch when you watch the Metcala? Do you just watch people arrive?
Speaker 3: Yes, the red carpet because they don't really allow cameras inside. They did this year for the first time, so we got to see Ariana Grande perform. But yeah, just watch the outfits every the commentators.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a very good met What is the met Gala?
Speaker 3: It is Gosh, it's a fundraiser for the museum. I could be totally butchering this for the Fashion Museum. I don't know, honestly, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I think it's a fun performances.
Speaker 3: Inside there's yeah, maybe it's not a fundraiser.
Speaker 4: There's a fundraiser to benefit the MoMA costume.
Speaker 3: Yeah in Manhattan, Yes, yeah, but there's concerts inside. Nobody really knows what goes on inside.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, mysterious.
Speaker 3: So the fact that we got a video this year was cool, pretty epoc Yeah.
Speaker 4: Were there a lot of cool TikTokers at the Met gala?
Speaker 3: Only one?
Speaker 4: Well that's good.
Speaker 3: Maybe two, I don't know. I didn't see a ton, so I'm pretty happy about that. Also found out didn't you remember Cameron Fuller. Yeah, he's engaged to one of my favorite actresses. She's just like spreading out of nowhere. At the Met she was just wearing an engagement ring.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, what's her name?
Speaker 2: Phoebe Donovan.
Speaker 4: I love Phoebe.
Speaker 3: She was in Bridgerton. So I feel a little bit like Kelly from the Office.
Speaker 2: Tell me what's new with you?
Speaker 3: Well, Tom and Katie Holmes out a baby name SII.
Speaker 4: Yeah but that's cool. But what's new with you?
Speaker 2: I just told you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cool. Met galap books why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That does sound like a nice weekend.
Speaker 4: Have yourself.
Speaker 3: It was great, had a little time to myself. It was fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Meanwhile, I'm getting crapped on for riding my motorcycle back instead of shipping it. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, all right, well it's gonna do over this week's episode. Thanks for riding this motorcycle all the way through with us instead of shipping it back.
Speaker 1: Nice, thank you ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Be sure to tune in next week, where maybe we all suck just a little bit less. There are any way,