Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty, and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: It has been stated by many that the first month of our presidency, it's our presidency is the most successful in the history.
Speaker 2: Of our nation by Manada.
Speaker 3: And what makes it even more impressive is that do you know who number two is?
Speaker 2: George Washington? How about that?
Speaker 3: I don't know about that list, but we'll take it.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: It was very much like a campaign rally. It was entertaining. This fake not so too and so toos aren't so toos anymore. I refer to it as the so tack the state of the ass kicking speech, as it was a well. One of our charming correspondents described it as a curb stomping of Democrats. I never used that term because I find it disgusting and I don't like violence. But as a snapshot of the current political landscape, it was so revealing in ways that we will discuss.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't. I saw some MSNBC coverage afterwards. One of the hosts, I think it was Rachel Maddow called Trump's recognition of that cancer survivor kid disgusting, not only something you don't stand and cheer for or have tears streaming down your face because it was so damn cute.
Speaker 2: Disgusting is what MSNBC called it.
Speaker 4: Right, And he was trying to use the goodwill toward the poor cancer stricken boy to justify his hilarian dictator urges or something blah blah blah. So when their side does it, it's brilliant, and when the other side does it, it's a horror.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's where we are.
Speaker 1: Oh one other thing, I just I saw this on Morning Joe Today on MSNBC. Somebody, I'm guessing somebody who hates Trump had a live mic on JD and Johnson behind Trump before Trump walked in, and so they had some of the audio of when they're just standing there talking while everybody's milling around before the thing started, and they played it on Morning Joe's dressing. Yeah, how did that leak out? Somebody's in charge of the sound. I mean, there are mics there, and if there are mics there, I mean we're in this business. If there are mics around you, they can be turned on or they can be listened to in Q and you can record them in Q and whatever. And somebody recorded it and got it to Morning Joe and they played it luckily for JD and uh and uh. Speaker Johnson, that was nothing horrifying JD wise enough, he started to say something and then he pulled Johnson in close and whispered it in his ear, so he knew there were live mics around.
Speaker 2: Possibly, But how uncool is that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, that's somebody on the House technical staff, No doubt it's got to be again.
Speaker 2: When when will the norm breaking end? When will the norm breaking?
Speaker 1: In the fact that a Democrat, an old man Democrat, stood up and just wouldn't start stop yelling, and Speaker Johnson had to say, Okay, you got to stop yelling or we're gonna kick you out of here, basically, and the old man kept yelling, and so they brought the cops over, you know, the the house cops, and I'll sshered him on out of there. But the fact that that's barely even news today shows you where we are.
Speaker 2: If that had happened twenty years ago, it would have just been.
Speaker 4: Crazy right right honestly though it was so clearly performative.
Speaker 2: Oh ye'll play you some some clips In a second.
Speaker 4: Crazy old woke cane shaking old fart, but decides to make himself a hero by getting kicked out.
Speaker 2: All right, so you're not gonna sit down. Now you got to kick you out.
Speaker 4: Let's go through. We'll waste thirty seconds of our lives there. Now you're happy, Now you're out there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: My first thought is I'd like to go to his Twitter page and see how many people he just gained and how much fundraising he gets to do off of that, because that's the era we live in.
Speaker 2: Sure, But what I had another point on that, well was my other point.
Speaker 4: Oh but not that many years ago. Your own party would have disowned you for acting like that. Yeah, they wouldn't have thought it was cool. You'd have been disowned by your party. You'd been you'd have been kicked off any committee. No, that's not the way we act. That's just you know, we live in a different are And I just like I said earlier, how far will it go? How when has the pendulum swung clear to the end of breaking norms and you know, not following any unwritten rules anymore.
Speaker 2: I just wonder how far. We have to go TBD. My friend, I let you know when it happens. Here's how it opened, Michael hit it.
Speaker 4: Come on, mister speaker, the President of the United States.
Speaker 2: What clip was that number? Forty? Michael, Here's how it began. That was forty? All right? This again? Good lord? All right, play the next one.
Speaker 3: Then, Members of the United States Congress, thank you very much, and to my fellow citizens, America is back.
Speaker 2: That's a good opening. It is next clip.
Speaker 3: Six weeks ago, I stood beneath the dome of this Capitol and proclaimed the dawn of the Golden Age of America. From that moment, there's been nothing but swift and unrelenting action to usher in the greatest and most successful era in the.
Speaker 2: History of our country.
Speaker 3: We have accomplished more in forty three days, and most administrations accomplished in four years or eight years.
Speaker 2: And we are just getting started.
Speaker 4: So I was fine, and the Republicans were very pleased with it, and it is your typical gung ho opening ninety seconds or so. But here's where it turned ugly and controversial.
Speaker 3: The presidential election of November fifth was a mandate like has not been seen in many decades. We won all seven swing states, giving us an electoral College.
Speaker 2: Victory of three hundred and twelve volts.
Speaker 3: We won the popular vote by big numbers and one counties in our country.
Speaker 2: Kill him, start.
Speaker 4: Him, pet him with his whole cane. So that was Al Green, not the legendary soul singer, but a different ancient guy. Would you have Rich Lowry's Joe candy? That was so good. He's this crazed old guy who even the Democrats are like, oh God, here he goes again.
Speaker 2: He's one of those characters.
Speaker 4: But he was standing there bellowing angrily as if Trump had traversed his lawn.
Speaker 2: And literally shaking his cane. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rich Lowry tweeted, Democrats are the party of the future, and if you don't believe him, they have a seventy seven year old man shaking his cane to prove it.
Speaker 2: It was We're the party of the hip in the young. I'm eighty years old shaking my cane. It was so silly. It was truly entertaining.
Speaker 4: And I guess what you're saying about norm breaking and decency and mutual respect and that sort of thing, and I value that. I am not cynical about that at all. But in terms of your entertainment, I was just delighted.
Speaker 2: Anyway where we're.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, let me release a lion in there. I mean, if the goal should just be entertained, that's Michael.
Speaker 2: Lawmakers doing TikTok challenges. Oh yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, jumping buckets, ice water over their heads, or trying to eat cinnamon or got those what else? Yeah? Yeah, right, hey, I say try the lion thing once. Let's not be can't do guys, maybe who knows. But as a as I said last hour, as a snapshot of the current political scene, I thought it was. It was really revealing and incredibly discouraging for Democrats. And again here's your your note of caution. These things change, they move in cycles. I tell you what, you want to talk about one organization on Earth that can screw up a good thing, it's the Republican Party.
Speaker 2: But so the.
Speaker 4: President was just brimming with confidence all throughout the whole speech, although he lost me.
Speaker 2: It was interminable.
Speaker 4: It was the longest ever, right, longest ever yep, and the second, third, fourth, and fifth longest ever were like twice as long as they needed to be.
Speaker 2: So it was like designed, I wouldn't do that. Tell Kaida, make them listen.
Speaker 4: To them old But anyway, so the president was quite confident, and the Republicans in the chamber were a bully hint and.
Speaker 1: Did he not mostly read off a teleprompter, which means somebody wrote a ninety minute speech.
Speaker 4: Mostly, although in Trumpetan fashion, he departed from it to riff a little bit a number of times. I couldn't tell you how much. I wasn't really paying attention to that, but some But anyway, and then they had a number of guests, including the beautiful little lad who's been fighting cancer and his thing is he's always wanted to be a cop, so he gets honorary deputy badges from various departments and Trump, we can play the tape. I think we have it around here somewhere, although if our lists are off, Michael I can ask for them and it's not going to do us any good. Oh, okay, do we have the little lad. There's so many clips. Somebody's shouting to Michael's here if you can figure it out. But anyway, just back to the snapshot thing. So you had all of that going on, and it was all coming off very well, just in terms of political theater, and the Democrats response was a a crazy old lunatic shaking his cane at Trump.
Speaker 2: As we've discussed b.
Speaker 4: There like dressed in colors that nobody knew and there were several different colors and nobody can and then holding up these dopey little signs that looked exactly like Wiley coyote in the road Runner cartoons, with various elon steeles or no doge or you know, not lies, not true, yeah, whatever, and it just it came off as so pathetic and aimless. Oh and then the other aspect of it was and Trump riffed about this in forty seven. Go ahead, and I'll play forty seven. I thought it was a key home politically.
Speaker 3: This is my fifth such speech to Congress, and once again I look at the Democrats in front of me, and I realize there is absolutely nothing I can say to make them happy, or to make them stand or smile or applaud Nothing I can do.
Speaker 2: I could find a cure.
Speaker 3: To the most devastating disease, a disease that would wipe out entire nations, or announce the answers to the greatest economy and history, or the stoppage of crime to the lowest levels ever recorded. And these people sitting right here will not clap, will not stand, and certainly will not cheer for these astronomical achievements.
Speaker 2: They won't do it no matter what.
Speaker 3: Five five times I've been up here. It's very sad and it just shouldn't be this.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, and that's plenty of that. He missed a great opportunity. Not long after that he was talking, he went through a list of the insane things Doges found that were all, you know, pretty acquainted with at this point. And he could have said, we just found hundreds of millions of dollars of waste of taxpayer money.
Speaker 2: Why are you not.
Speaker 4: Applauding stopping the waste of taxpayer money? Are you in favor of wasting taxpayer money? Help me understand, you know something. They could have just killed him, like for the next five election cycles.
Speaker 2: But he did not. Yeah, that's a good one. So he had a long list of like.
Speaker 1: Transcoloring books for penguins and an arctica or various things they.
Speaker 2: Were finding me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fifty nine million dollars for hotel rooms for a lead immigrants in New York all sorts of stuff like that. There are some other highlights culture stuff that is so incredibly important.
Speaker 2: I get to it in a little bit.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that they're they're going to continue to uh cheerlead dudes participating in girls' sports based on all It's just that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got more in the way any thoughts text line four one five KFTC.
Speaker 3: We're getting wokeness out of our schools and out of our military, and it's already out, and it's out of our society.
Speaker 2: We don't want it. Wokeness is trouble. Wokeness is bad. It's gone.
Speaker 3: It's gone, and we feel so much better for it, don't we do?
Speaker 2: We feel better?
Speaker 4: That was getting towards the end during the just riffing, just it's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to talk till I get tired of talking. Section of the speech. You know what woke means. It means you're a loser.
Speaker 4: So he did get into the social stuff, Jackie, were you going to jump in there before I plunge ahead with the clips.
Speaker 1: I was ninety minutes of the longest one anybody's ever given, even longer than Bill Clinton's which has been mocked for years of being a Dronathan Trump's was longer. For whatever reason, I speculated earlier that he might understand that people don't watch these anymore and they're just going to live on in clips. And why not put as many clips out there as possible. I don't know, But Charles C. W. Cook made the point that Thomas Jefferson set the precedent of sending a written message to Congress, believing that a personal delivery resembled a speech from a throne too much. So we didn't want that look of a monarchy, so deliver it in writing. Woodrow Wilson is the one that started it with showing up in person and ending that tradition, and that's how we end up with what we had last night.
Speaker 4: So we're going to skip ahead a little bit, as I the clock. He's talking about ending DEI and will be woke no longer. Let's hear fifty to Michael.
Speaker 3: We have removed the poison of critical race theory from our public schools, and I signed an order making it the official policy of the United States government that there are only two genders, male and female.
Speaker 4: And then let's jump right into fifty three because it's on the same theme.
Speaker 3: I also signed an executive order to ben men from playing in women's sports.
Speaker 2: Three years ago.
Speaker 3: Peyton McNabb was an all star high school athlete, one of the best, preparing for a future in college sports. But when her girl's volleyball match was invaded by a male, he smashed the ball so hard in Peyton's face, causing traumatic brain injury, partially paralyzing her right side, and ending her athletic career. It was a shot like she's never seen before. She's never seen anything like it. Peyton is here tonight in the gallery, and Peyton from now on, schools will kick the men off the girls team or they will lose all federal funding.
Speaker 4: I liked what Bill mcgern said in the Wall Street Journal. He talks about the President saying, no matter what I do, these people sitting right here, the Democrats will not clap, They will not recognize it. What the American people saw on their TV screens only confirmed what the President said. This was underscored by the absurd site of Democratic women wearing pink to protest the negative effect they say mister Trump's policies have had on women, and this one day after not a single Democratic senator voted to protect female athletes by keeping males out of women's in girls' sports. All Democrats did Tuesday night was to confirm why they lost in November. I believe they're going to die on that hill all things. It's like eighty five to six, right, it ain't going to get us an issue among things coming up.
Speaker 1: I'm going to start going to Katie for my medical advice. She diagnosed me correctly in my sickness last week, and I should have listened to her and much more.
Speaker 4: On the way, stay with us, armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 5: The Los Angeles grocery store chain Arewan is facing criticism for offering a single strawberry for nineteen dollars or for the same price they let you look at an egg.
Speaker 2: By the way, I mentioned that the other day.
Speaker 1: If you've never been to one of those grocery stores, if you're ever in the Los Angeles area, go to one of those grocery stores.
Speaker 2: It's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And airwon that which is nowhere spelled backwards or close to it.
Speaker 2: That's where the name comes from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, name likely you gotta be a rich hippie because it's everything in there is super expensive, but the choices are just amazing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, who knows what things are going to cost here in the near future. With the whole hariff battle going on, how long will that last? Well, here's old Lutnik, one of our new favorite guys in the in the cabinet. He's the Secretary of Commerce. He was on TV just a little bit ago.
Speaker 6: The President is listening to the offers from Mexico and Canada. He's thinking about trying to do something in the middle. He's thinking about it. We're talking about it. We're gonna when I leave here, I'm gonna go talk about it with him. And I think early this afternoon or this afternoon, we expect to make an announcement. And my my thinking is it's going to be somewhere in the middle, So not one hundred percent of all products and not none, somewhere in the middle, because I think Mexico and Canada are trying the best and let's see where we end up. So I do think somewhere in the middle is a likely outcome.
Speaker 1: So similar to the last couple of times we've had big tear iff things happen, maybe like within a day, they're gonna announce it's off, we got what we wanted, or a lot of it's off, or part of it's off or whatever. I guess we'll see, right, And not surprisingly, the markets have at least tweaked upward a little bit to feeling more optimistic. We'll see it'll be fine. Yeah, I won't, and we'll let you know at the time. Just you know, it's it's funny.
Speaker 2: What am I going to do? I'll I'll react to you know, I'll adjust my life accordingly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the age of hyperbole, in the age of desperation for clicks. And so, whether it's weather reports, which is one of the worst, I mean, it's like the rarest thing in broadcast media is for somebody to underestimate how bad a storm might be.
Speaker 2: Because every storm.
Speaker 4: That sweeps across the nation, ABC News is the worst, is the killer storm that's paralyzing the Midwest or the East or whatever. Every storm is coming for you and your children, and it almost never pans out.
Speaker 2: And if it does, you know what to do? Is there?
Speaker 4: Well, nobody ever leads with it's winter and it's gonna snow, surprise, surprise, And so we're probably stupid not to engage in that much. But the tariff thing, yeah, I could have some effect, but we'll have to see how long it lasts. And you know, economics tends to counter alence itself and blah blah blah, so we'll have.
Speaker 2: To find out.
Speaker 4: Sorry, if you came here to be terrified or whatever, you're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Other developing stories. So, Trump, during his whatever that speech was last night, mentions that Zelensky.
Speaker 4: That's the so tac jack, the state of the ass kicking, that's what I'm calling it.
Speaker 1: Zelensky put out a statement to Trump that hey, I'm willing to sign the deal or whatever. I'll show up in a suit and apologize or something along those lines.
Speaker 2: Essentially. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, CIA director John Ratcliffe was on Mario Baromo's show today and said, the US has paused weapons, shipments and intelligence to Ukraine. We've cut off their intelligence, which was really a big part of what.
Speaker 2: Our aid was.
Speaker 1: After the meeting in the Oval Office on Friday, Ratcliffe says he looks forward to lifting the pause and working with Ukraine towards peace.
Speaker 4: Following the letter to the BOTUS. But man, that's some serious hardball and they're fighting literally for their survival, and I wonder, like many people, wonder, where's the hardball toward Putin?
Speaker 2: Could be? The answer is it's just secret. It's not public.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of the media class assumes that it doesn't exist at all.
Speaker 2: I doubt that.
Speaker 4: I certainly hope that's not true, because Putin is an evil child, murdering, abducting, genocidal.
Speaker 1: Lunatic, anti Christian, anti everything, anti everything but his wealth. Katie, congratulations on diagnosing me correctly last week.
Speaker 2: I diagnosed you with so many things last week. What was it you said? I had the flu?
Speaker 1: I had the flu. I went to the doctor yesterday and they told me, so you were you are? You had a dead on call me doctor Green exactly. I didn't know this particular flu. I guess I got the current version. They have a terrible, terrible stomach that comes with your whole cold symptoms.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 7: Wow, I've had the flu maybe a handful of times in my life, and it's always come with stomach problems.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know if I've ever had the flu before, so I don't have anyh Yeah, there are a lot of things people call the flu that isn't the flu, so it kind of muddies the waters.
Speaker 2: But you know, if you're feeling the you know all you're feeling ill. Oh, it's horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible. You know.
Speaker 4: I'm reminded of COVID engineered in the Wuhan Institute courtesy of doctor Fauci and what's his name, Peter Dazak, that it causes a dozen different problems.
Speaker 2: Weird, bizarre.
Speaker 4: How can one virus affect you neurologically and to give you the gallup of trots, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: First of all, do you think I would have not gotten the flu if I'd have gotten a flu shot? Could have I avoided that week of being sick and the way I feel right now if I'd gotten the flu shot.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows.
Speaker 4: It depends how the formulation was this year and whether it matched the particular strain you got.
Speaker 2: I'm not an anti vaxxer.
Speaker 1: I'm an anti tasker in the getting myself there and actually getting the shot. Just it's beyond my reach. So that's main the main reason I don't get a flu shot every year. It's not any philosophy of any kind.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The other interesting thing is I so I did the day walk in care thing and went in because it'd been more than ten days that I've been sick and it is starting to get worse. That's in the past in my life. If you start to get better and then you start to get worse, it's something that needs antibiotics. And they gave me antibotics, and so we'll see what happens. But the doctor commented on how much he liked the way I was dressed, and hello, and just briefly, very briefly. It means it's not like he dwelled on it or raised his eyebrows like that. It was just a very casual conversation. But I've never had that happen before. I have no memory. This was yesterday, yesterday. I have no memory of how you were addressed yesterday. I'm sorry, I'm a poor co host.
Speaker 4: Jeans, T shirt, jean jacket, Wow, cowboy book pretty much?
Speaker 2: Did you give him your number?
Speaker 4: Because that's a that's a bit of a I don't know, Freddy Mercury, look there. Maybe he was sending you a little subtle message.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There was somebody on Twitter. I think I did.
Speaker 1: I mention this on Twitter the other day that said I saw jacket the air. He is dressed very gay.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a nice comment.
Speaker 1: But then I but so the reason I bring this up is then I went to the pharmacy and the twenty year old working there at the pharmacy said, I really like your style.
Speaker 2: I love the way you're dressed all the time.
Speaker 1: When you're here, TWITTER do it at this was a girl, But I just saw it. I must be I gotta be trying too hard or something, or or or I've got a bit of a look at that sick, sad old man. Bless his heart, let's say something.
Speaker 4: I think it might be that, you know what, if pities all there is available, I'll take pity. Let's just brighten his day somehow today because he looks like he's really up against it.
Speaker 2: Wow. I don't know. I just thought it was odd that had happened like twice in the span of an hour. Yeah, sure is going on there? Well, how do maybe go with that? Lucky?
Speaker 1: The people are spoken so so you don't have an opinion on the flu shot though?
Speaker 2: Do you get the flu shot over here? Katie? Do you get the flu shot of you? I have never had a flu shot.
Speaker 4: I've had one young, it doesn't matter. I've had one in my life and I probably will never get another one again. The one I got was we mentioned it on the air and somebody stopped by the station and gave it to me. And I'm not sure it was a nurse or if it was actually the flu vaccine, because we didn't check their credentials. She just came into the studio and gave me a shot. Well you're blind for a week, so that made me wonder if you know, I don't know, maybe that's the only flu shot I've ever had.
Speaker 2: You do get it every year, Joe, almost every year? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got a great doctor and he's in favor of it, and he sees a straight shooter, so that's fine. All doctors are in favorite of it, and I don't know if I've ever heard anybody who's not in favorite. It's it's just it's a bit of a guessing ging because they formulate it before they understand precisely what strains are going to be ware, do you have any idea what maybe you could look this up gidting what percentage of people get the flu shot?
Speaker 1: Do most people do it? Or to the vast majority of people not. I don't actually even know.
Speaker 2: Again, it varies a great deal by age. Okay.
Speaker 7: According to the Google, forty five percent adults age eighteen and.
Speaker 4: Older get the flu shot. Okay, so nearly half of all adults get the flu shot.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: ID seventy five percent sixty plus. I did not know that, Michael, Do you get it? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm speaking of which yah arek junior fans areund. I had a.
Speaker 7: Doctor's appointment last week and they asked me. They said, oh, you're due for your COVID shot. I'm like, oh what, I'm no fakes, I'm good my COVID shot. Yeah, you're due for your COVID vaccine. I'm like, no, I'm not.
Speaker 4: You're due for a slap and please click eighteen Michael, eighteen.
Speaker 8: It's been a rolic host following the Pope's health crisis, because a couple of days ago we were told that the Pope was stable, that we'd had of improvement, and now we hear of these crises. The Pope, according to the Vatican, had an accumulation of mucus that caused these problems that had to be aspirated. Now Francis has been in hospital for eighteen days battling pneumonia in both lungs.
Speaker 4: On this story, Similarly, if I had died, Joulda had to get a new co host, and you'd just seen white pups of smoke when he finally chose one, right, I feared it was an aom an accumulation of mucus, and sure enough it is. Man, Well, I hope he's okay, even though I hate his politics, the pope.
Speaker 2: But I don't want him to die.
Speaker 1: But I do too, But simly so, then we'd go through that whole choosing a pulp thing.
Speaker 4: And right up there with the Academy awards. To me, I just well, I was That's kind of what I was going to bring up. Has it lost some of the reverence that it once had the pope choosing Here's the way I would answer it. It has lost the automatic reference reverence that it once had. It could be the Catholic Church finds itself a really good, smart wise pope, and given the enormity of the Catholic Church and its importance in many societies, that could that could be a force for good, I think, or maybe.
Speaker 2: At least cleaning up some of the bad.
Speaker 4: If they go with another communist uh South American communist culture warrior exactly, then not so good, not so much.
Speaker 1: A little more Pope John Paul, the second little less whatever this guy's name is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with a little more aggression toward the uh, the child getting rid of the child molesters. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no kidding, yeah, go ahead, Well nothing uh came across one of those great government waste stories yesterday. And this is not some Elon exaggeration, as a lot of things Elon has mentioned have turned out.
Speaker 1: He's taken down the tweets. This for real, and it's so damn maddening. Maybe we'll get to that in hour three, but it's one of those it's just like, no, how would you not be for doge if they overshoot? Fine, we'll add it back in later when you hear some of these stories. And we got one of those for you.
Speaker 4: And coming up in a story that is less shocking than anything I've ever heard, Americans trust in mainstream media is at its lowest point.
Speaker 2: In over fifty years.
Speaker 1: I gasped and clutched my pearls. That is coming up next.
Speaker 9: So there you go, another two hours we'll never get back. I would like to apologize to our audience for making them watch it. That's time you all could have spent with your family, not eating eggs. And Trump's first address to Congress was much like his first six weeks, filled with useful eyes and applauded by useless idiots.
Speaker 4: Wow, Stephen Colbert, fine, Stevie Boy, make no attempt though, to.
Speaker 2: You know, court at least the.
Speaker 4: Country who doesn't feel that least at least at least half yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's entertainment. Obviously, allegedly, it's an attempt at entertainment. Okay, that's not the news media per se, but some of that cultural juice is absolutely all over the news media too, and not shockingly, recent Gallop survey on Americans trusted news media revealed we don't. Although some of the numbers behind the numbers, and I'm not kidding, are really really interesting.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 2: They go through a little historical perspective.
Speaker 4: In nineteen seventy two, sixty eight percent trusted the media either a great deal or a fair amount.
Speaker 2: Sixty eight percent in.
Speaker 4: What year nineteen seventy two seven an all time high of seventy two percent in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 2: Wow, post Watergate.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, in the wake of Watergate, and honestly, you know, the pretty good investigative journalism that was done through that and then the the Ford v. Carter election, But that was the high water mark, seventy two percent in nineteen seventy six. Fast forward to the year two thousand, we're down to fifty one percent. Four years later, forty four percent. Then it waffled a little bit, but last listen to the last several years and twenty eighteen it was forty five percent. Trusted the mainstream media a lot or some Okay, that's because you're a liberal and you like hearing what you want to hear because it thinks it's ridiculous. Forty percent in twenty twenty, thirty six percent in twenty twenty one, thirty four percent a year later, thirty two percent a year later, and thirty one percent last year Joe Biden's last year in office, which was.
Speaker 2: The best version of Joe Biden ever. And if you don't believe it, f you.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, the numbers are below that, you know, the the chunk that's going to vote for a Democratic president. So they don't even like what they're getting fed like at least ten percent of people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, roughly, although don't forget that we have independence as well. But anyway, it is ticking down, down, down, and to just rubbish level, whereas a third oh yeah, my goodness, yeah, we don't even need to explain why. Although the Mummy being perfectly fit for office, then the minute he's out of office, the Jake Tappers of the world rushing to say, do you guys want to know the truth? He was old and senile all along. Oh thanks Jake. Anyway, Whereas about a third of US adults say they have no trust at all in the mass media, sixty percent of Republicans hold that view of you that so I particular, literally sharp increase between twenty fifteen and twenty seventeen. Funny, I can't think of a single thing that happened during that period that would erode trust in media other than the Russian collusion hoax. Lack of trust is also up sharply among Independence it's now forty two percent, while it continues to be low six percent this year among Democrats.
Speaker 2: Wow, so it's.
Speaker 4: Sixty percent of Republicans, forty two percent of Independence, and six percent among Democrats. If I were to characterize those numbers, I would say that Democrats are seven times more gullible or ideological than even independence. Gallup also found that younger generations are less trusting in the mass media as well.
Speaker 2: That's good, I don't roch to new good job, oh Son, good decision.
Speaker 4: People younger than fifty are much less trusting in the news media than people aged fifty and older, particularly the oldest Americans.
Speaker 1: That's tough though, I mean, these numbers are tough to I mean, on one hand, I'm very happy that more people have realized that mainstream media is often spinning things at best and flat out lying to you worse. On the other hand, the fact that people are then going to even more distorted news sources and leaving mainstream media is not helpful.
Speaker 4: No. No, that's a really interesting point. And where people have gone or what they've done with their mistrust is a great, great question.
Speaker 2: It's not entirely true what I just said.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of people going to the Dispatch or various sub stack writers and stuff like that. They're doing really good job of trying to call balls and strikes, regardless of their ideology.
Speaker 2: Are they come here, duh. But but they're not. It's not, you know, as big as I mean.
Speaker 1: I could name a lot of different things, whether it's Tucker Carlson on the right side of things or whoever on the left side of things.
Speaker 2: Get a lot of earballs.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, for better and worse, Armstrong and Getty