Speaker 1: Shoot your shot on Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That's right, Prize Picks is now giving you fifty dollars in lineups when you sign up to play your first five dollars. Prize Picks makes every dunk, every dime, every board that much more exciting, so don't miss your chance and get started on America's number one app for sports picks. Basketball season is here and it's time to build your lineups on Prize Picks. Right now, we're rolling with Cleveland Donovan, Mitchell, James Harden, more threes, more points, just more. Find your community on Prize Picks, and with the new social feeds feature, you can share prize picks with your friends and copy lineups with winners with a single click. Copy lineups you like or use them as inspiration for your own picks. You can even follow Prize Picks partners like us and Player Fade our Picks with is one click. Prize Picks is easy to play. Just download Price Picks at today and use the code Debo Joe to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup.
Speaker 2: That code is.
Speaker 1: Debo Joe to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to this episode. That debo is Joe. I'm your host, James Debo Harrison. I'm here with my co host Joe haying me. Please make sure you like subscribing download wherever you get your show.
Speaker 2: How you doing today, Joe, I'm doing great. By the debo. You could tell by my background. You could tell by my space where I'm at right now. I'm back at the crib. Good post it. Okay, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: I was, I was, I was hoping or I was surprised. I should say that. You know you wasn't off shooting to the masters over there.
Speaker 2: You know, no, bro, see I would be in the Masters, But like I told you, you know, I'm the head football coach of the Flag football team, so I can't. I can't prioritize the Masters over being there for the firstst game of the season for my boys, for my team, for my.
Speaker 1: Brown or your boy for your team. Because you so you went on head and jumped full full end.
Speaker 2: He I'm coach.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I gotta be there every day type work. So your sons you know you're the head coach. I hope we don't have no the scrapancies on who is starting me. Why you know your son is starting over the other person's son.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you know, you know that's the one thing that I'm gonna do that. I love that. That's what That's what I love about football, debo. It's gonna be honest. My dad was honest with me about if somebody was better than me, if there was a person that could tackle better than me, if my son isn't no, obviously we at the first practice, I got a kid named West. He is fast, he is athletic, he's our best player, and everybody on the team's gonna know. Okay. I asked him West, what position do you play? He said, I played three years and I played running back. I said, that is exactly what position you're gonna play here for us because we need you so like I'm going be honesty is the best policy if we see it work all work hard. And he's an effort guy. I seen running moon catching the ball and then as soon as you catch it, turn up field. I need that extra verse, drop the ball all the way back. There's no walking, you know what I'm saying. So I hopefully he's leading by example. So I'm gonna need my best players to be well. Hopefully they work hard. You know what I'm saying. Listen, discipline, because if you're not listening, then you're not gonna get No, you got to you gotta be listening. You gotta be coachable. That's first. All.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's what you go say. He wasn't listening. That's why you're stilling starting. He ain't starting. See you no no debo.
Speaker 2: Listen. I'm I'm gonna be I'm gonna be honest. I'm gonna do it the right way. That's a good you know me.
Speaker 1: I just you know, I got to check, you know, because it be you know, be a lot of be a lot of discipacy I got, I got, I.
Speaker 2: Got a little bit.
Speaker 1: I got a little bit of experience with that, you know around here in these pa pa.
Speaker 2: Why that's why I started coaching. That's why I started coaching because that's what I saw going on and I was like, oh no, we can't have that, especially not at the young age. No, now, not because you're now, because you're the coach's son, you're gonna be playing. That doesn't make any sense. Yeah, tell me about it, baby, tell me.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need I'm gonna need to find out. You gotta give me some updates on where you know where you're coaching. Both of them just won.
Speaker 2: I'm just coaching one because my other son, hop Which team are you coaching this for? I'm coaching the Cleveland Browns. What a surprise there, But listen because my coach is my son Jet. His coach Fire. His coach is amazing. They won the championship last year, so I see him coaching them up, doing it the right way. Great plays, these kids are learning, they're discipline. My other son's team, Joey, they did not do too well. They won one game. You know what I'm saying. Coach was out there, you know it was it was cool. But I'm like, now I gotta come out there and coach and just be out there and do it the way that the way that mothers, the way Jets coach is doing it.
Speaker 1: It's no surprise that's got good coaches. They got you know, they got good mindset. They got, they got, you know, they got good players.
Speaker 2: They got. The team name was the Panthers. They were the Panthers last year. They team named to the Stillers this year.
Speaker 1: So that's that's that's all they had to do too, was hey, all you had.
Speaker 2: To do with switch jerseys? You know, that's all you had? Whatever, de bo, you always want, you always want.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, listen, I don't, I don't, I don't do nothing, man.
Speaker 2: The colors run deep, you know, yes, I know, and they you get born over here, they run deep.
Speaker 1: This way too, rock with I love I love it. When you're born to Western Pa. You know what they give you first thing you lay on. So soon as they drop you out, We know that. As soon as you pop out, they drop you on them right there. They catch you from one of those but you know what it is terrible tops right there. Boom, doctor don't even touch you, catch you in the terrible tops.
Speaker 2: That's yes, okay. Ever, that boy, Pittsburgh baby, that boy is still no baby, no question. No.
Speaker 1: Everybody keep their child baby right there right there, They fold it up from birth right there, put.
Speaker 2: It in the safe. What do they call that? What do you call?
Speaker 1: Swallow them? Swallow them in it tight. Hey, that's it, baby, that's it. Swallow Joe what we got. Let's get to our stealers. Then let's get to our stellers.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: There's some people that believe Aaron Rodgers priced them went up because of the Kirk Cousins thing. Charlie Batch actually said, regardless of even Adam Scheffner saying, hey, it's not a contractual situation. Yes it is, and it is why and it's not? And if not, why didn't he sign.
Speaker 2: Joe? Yes, baby, go ahead? What do you think? I think me and you might be on opposite perspectives on this one, because for me, I think that Aaron Rodgers he's chilling, like I think he doesn't. Nobody's going to be able to rush him to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to make a decision, if he doesn't want to say that he's coming back, then he's not forced to rush to say anything. And I don't really think it might be the money, because last year his contract was thirteen million dollars with incentives they could get up to nineteen million. Aaron Rodgers has made three hundred and ninety five million dollars in his career, then they're four hundred million dollars for him. He could cruise, he could walk away if he wants to, he could come back, he could sign back if he wants to. But I think he's just really it's on his own time. So I don't think he feels rushed. I don't think he feels like he can. He kind of could do what he wants. He could sit out the way and wait until see something happens during the season. How Philip Rivers came back anything Aaron Rodgers. I think he's in a financial position and in the position where a rod just don't be caring what type of time nobody else is on, so he can do whatever he wants to do. That's what I think, Joe. What you think, Joe.
Speaker 1: While I personally have not talked to Aaron Rodgers, I don't have direct communication with him. I'm going to be one hundred percent in the same thought process of thinking as mister Batch.
Speaker 2: Here the man plays for what thirteen.
Speaker 1: Point six y five last year with an additional five point eighty five that he could get an incentives, which puts him just under twenty million dollars. Yes, her cousin's deal was basically a twenty million dollar guarantee. That does give Aaron you know, I guess a little reason that he would or people would believe that he would have a little more leverage or may may may need to be you know, pay more compensated. I understand, but that's not going to give him any more power. R Rooney said, what was it last last week? He said he hadn't. He hadn't personally talked to Rogers, he said, but McCarthy was in contact with a nimon on the regular. And Art said he expected an answer by the draft. Okay, yeah, you could expect that as a okay.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: And and McCarthy had already said as soon as he got there that he liked Will Howard. Yes, he was first hired, he said that. And I believe it was last week owners meeting the same thing. He said. Quote he said, people get caught up in what what like position the dudes was drafted in.
Speaker 2: Yes, that has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: He also said that if he was in that process last year, he wouldn't have been around in the sixth round. He said, Will Howard wouldn't have been around the sixth round, So he has confidence will right.
Speaker 2: So I tell you this to say yes, Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 1: In the Stills would like to have Aaron back, but the price is going to determine if they bring him back. And that's why they want a answer of if he wants to come back before they make an offer, because I don't believe that if they went and said, hey, we're the Stellers would come to your errand and we got to deal right now on the table for your Aaron fifty sixty million dollars, I don't believe he would turn that down. Hell, I wouldn't turn that down. Would you turn it down? And I don't even want to play would you turn it down?
Speaker 2: Joe? Right now?
Speaker 1: They say, hey, come on, man, he goes fifty sixty million dollars one year, you go turned down.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go give the best I can and I'm gonna question and it might blow, might blow.
Speaker 1: Something, but I'm gonna go get it to you. I'm gonna give you no question, but so go ahead. The Stellers don't get an answer before.
Speaker 2: The drive, We're fine with that.
Speaker 1: And it's not you know, idea of what you know, how they wanted to go. But they're just gonna move like they've been moving, dude, instead of going and doing what they've been doing, which is getting people around in every position. And when the quarterback come, they'll they'll have a quarterback. Right now, they're like, you know what, instead of us giving will another year under Aaron Rodgers, we're going to say, you know what, it's going to be trial by fire.
Speaker 2: We're going to put him in there. If it works, it works. If it doesn't, we got next year.
Speaker 1: And I think that's just the process of the thought that's going through their head, and that's that's where they're at. Yeah, if he comes back, he comes back, it's great, but we're not going to tempt him to come back because we have a price so high that ain't nobody go turn it down.
Speaker 2: Because my thing is, I don't think it's not even to the point where it's some money issue yet with a rod because day, like you said, the stillers haven't offered him nothing, so he doesn't have anything to turn down, right, talking about rushing bad.
Speaker 1: Had nothing to turn down, he said himself, he hasn't had an offer to look at it.
Speaker 2: But that's the same thing when I'm saying, though a Rod is in Like when I say, I don't mean the driver's seat, But like the Steelers, you got it your organization. And this man is forty some years old. We know he's a vet. We know he brings to the table. But if you want to organizationally, get moving and have your team like you gotta be He's it's bigger than that, you know what I'm saying. Obviously quarterback is the biggest position, but a rod is on some I'm chilling. I don't have to tell y'all what I want to do. While like I'm a Rod. If I don't want to come back, I won't come back. Like you're not forcing me to tell you what I want to do. Why because you want to know, because you want to move on and do whatever you want to do. You want to like determine what you guys wanna do, do what you want to do, Like we're figuring it out. We're talking with Michael MacArthur in communication. But he said he hasn't talked to t Rooney, but he's expecting an answer. You can expect the answer as much as you want. But that's a Rod. We know he moves. He got four hundred. He could chill. He don't got to answer you. There's no timeline in his head. There's timelines in team's head because you got OTA's you got things you got to do. But if you're him, I could be chilling as long as I want. I don't have to say nothing. I could gracefully bow out and not even tell you I'm retiring. I could just chill, not say nothing. You know what I'm saying, and then if I want to come back, you could do whatever you want. You know what I'm saying. So that's why I'm looking at a Rod at that point, Steelers, if you want to get an answer, throw that man a deal. Throw them an offer, and that you can say no the prices, the something's on the table. We've sent something out to a Rod. Now it's up to him to give us an answer before before the draft, because I'm like, time's a ticking. Unless you make some moves and start saying something. Ay, Rod ain't gonta do nothing. He's cooling you. You organization need to figure out where you're gonna move, how you're gonna do it. Is Will gonna be the guy? Are we smooth? When we go past the draft? We're addressing it to get our team good. So regardless if later on a Rod comes, we still got this good ass team that all we need is him, you know what I'm saying. Then we're talking, what is it? Twenty two million? Thirty? All right? We can finagle that, and it ain't gonna be twenty It ain't gonna be two to do. I'm thinking he's gonna have to be I hear you? Or better? Yeah, no for that because the price last year was price, ain't today's price. Buddy in. But then you're talking about what signed for? What a backup?
Speaker 1: He say, because they know he's getting the guy. Yes, they want to be their starter.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go into a row mindset too. Though by that time, I feel you, this is my falling swing year. This is my last year out. What's the difference between twenty two and thirty when I made four hundred million? And I'm trying to win with this team that I see now after the draft training camp. Oh man, there's a mob. There there's a good line, there's good defense, there's Pittman, there's there's weapons. I could just slide in here, possibly win the championship, a super Bowl with twenty two, twenty three, twenty five with something around that that number where I'm looking like it's not even about the money now for him, he's like, I can go get a nice bag, play with his solid team Mike McCarthy, and be able to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but you know, everybody want to feel appreciated, and way appreciation.
Speaker 2: It's in that number. No, no, no, that you could. You could yet, you could talk a lot about how much you love me, but you can show me with that.
Speaker 1: Dollar, right man, Listen, Tim Hassleback, I guess NFL endalyst Tim Hasselback said he really don't think Watson has a shot. He said, I really don't think Watson has a shot. He's been away from the game for so long, he's had basically two achilles injuries. I think he is I think his credibility in the locker room has been compromised because of his past. I think there are too many things with it if they don't drop the quarterback, and I think there's a lot of people that believe they won't. I think Shadors got a good chance. He should be in a building to try to prove that he can play at a starter level. Joe, do you agree disagree with old hassleback statement.
Speaker 2: I kind of agree because just speaking on Deshaun Watson, the last time that he bought out was twenty twenty, sat out in twenty twenty one, and then it's been a lot of injuries. Has been the shoulder. He's played nineteen games twenty twenty two to twenty twenty four for the Browns and two Achilles injuries, And I'm looking at the athletic ability. His thing was he could run, he could move, And I was looking at Hi while he was playing for the Browns. You get a little age, you started to get a little older. He wasn't just as explosive. So now coming off two fresh acls, people have took the Arizona the Arizona Cardinals. He got Achilles, Dude, he got I mean the achilles. Two Achilles joints like those those aren't no joke. So when when we talk about those injuries to an athlete, that's not just that's what he uses. He uses his legs along with his arm. So with me, teams like the Cardinals that already bit the bullet where you know you spent that money and you're going to take this dead money for Kyler Murray to a tongue of Alu in Miami. You know what it is. You already took your bullet. You bit the bullet when you when you're in a brown situation, shardor Sanders, I'm feeling like, give him a chance. If it doesn't look like what it is. You still have Deshaun Watston on your team that's working, and you're paying them forty five millions, so you have a backup quarterback. It's not a problem for me to look at it like you got too. But for them, I'm thinking that your door. He ended the season as a starter. He's grinding, he's in the building all the time. Coach Todd speaks about it. You know what I'm saying. We haven't seen Dylan Gabriel. I don't know if the Shawn's in there yet. But I know one thing I know, s your door's in there. I know he's trying to be the I know he wants to be the QB one. He's preparing like he wants to be the QB one. So for me, draft a tackle, get as many ballers around sha doors that we can dravet a tackle, get a survive receiver, and then we'll see where it goes from there. If Sha Door's not looking good, if he's out there throwing unnecessary picks, taking unnecessary sacks, making our team lose games for reason, then we can move on. We see that he's probably not the guy, but I'm not thinking that's gonna happen. I'm thinking it's gonna be solid. Shador is gonna look good. He's gonna do way better than he did last year, just growing as a player. When you get better talent around him, also, that's gonna help out. So I would start off with Sha Door at one thousand percentying he's leading off. He's the team. I think the locker room loves Shador too. It's like the vibes. You see what's going on. Nobody. He's doing all the right things. He's not doing nothing but for the team. No, no, no, no, we're not no. Everything that I see Miles Garrett, we love Shador. So top dudes are talking about that. He's motivated. He thinks that he can be the starting quarterback. I think he can be the starting quarterback. We're gonna see on the field, but it's gonna be a competition. I don't think he's gonna get beat out during training camp. It's gonna be him and Washington getting reps. You're gonna have to Deshaun Watson's gonna have to do something ridiculous to make me I feel like he takes Shador's job. I think I feel like Shador has a job. He's gonna have to lose it and Deshaun's gonna have to take it. And when you go into the regular season we see how it goes. Start him off. He ended the season at a starting quarterback, so he knows what it's like. So run running with Shador and have Deshaun still working, competition, competeing whatever.
Speaker 1: But I think it's your door's job to lose. Yeah, I would have to. I would have to agree with you on that. I think it's more of uh Shador to lose it. And it would be a It would have to be a great, great like take of Watson going out there and looking like he was looking before he came to Cleveland for him to get a shot at it, because they like, dude, you owe us back pay like you ain't. We gave you two hundred something you know fully guaranteed and we ain't got nothing. But you know what you say, nine games in the last four years, and when you you know you're going to look at it, go to twenty four.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He won seven games, one hundred and sixty four game, six touchdowns, three in the sessions, one win, take your door. Seven he had a hundred seventy five. Yeah, eight touchdown, but he did at ten picks, three wins. It's better. But Shador is a rookie and it's a learning curve. So his next year, coming this year, should be greater than what it was. Wathingon was already well into the game. You know, his career had got going. So you add that on top with two whole years missed, you know, all the injuries.
Speaker 2: I don't see.
Speaker 1: Him being able to get much better than what his last performance was. Actually I see it, you know, declining. You got to get back into a groove and all that. And you know you're already running with you know, Shador, he's younger, you got you know, you got watching he's going to be older, and like you said, he lost a lot of the things that made him special just from injuries and not being able to be on the field.
Speaker 2: Yep, on the year ten, your quarterback. I'm hoping that everything's going, but you know what it is too achilles tears debo. That's not like a simple thing. You coming back from an ankle joint. You know what I'm saying, his bone, get it fixed. You good to go. This is you know what I'm saying, real, real, real. It messes up athletes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, man.
Speaker 1: So Kyle Shanahan, I guess he had to pull old Joe Burrow to the side and tell him, you know, chill out with that flag football thing, he said. I guess he was coaching him in that flag football event.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: He said, I had to grab you one time, and I'm like, dude, chill out, man. I remember in one of our first practices, Logan Paul praying full speed to try and grab a flag, grab his flag, and he made a move and he kind of collided, and I'm just sitting there like, oh my god. We got a YouTuber running into our quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Bengo said.
Speaker 1: Coach h Zach Taylor couldn't even bring himself to watch it. He said, I pretended like it wasn't happening until it was over. So I'm thankful we got through it and we're good and we'll move forward and get ready for our season. Now, if Joe's going to do something, he's going to go all out and do it. He's trying to win, and that's why we and that's why we should love him. Uh what you what you're thinking? All right, listen, I'm gonna tell you trip. So originally I wasn't tripping on it. Okay, you know, I know I said I would let Joe play in the Flag.
Speaker 2: Football Olympics and all that.
Speaker 1: But you know I should have changed my opinion when I saw the actual take.
Speaker 2: But I was in recruiting mode.
Speaker 1: You know how they go when when they come to you, when the when the when the coach come to your house and sit down there with your mom and your daddy, tell y'all lies, yes, yeh you digit you get all Yeah, I'll tell you yeah, tell you everything. So you know I was in recruiting mode. I should have backed up off of that, But it is no way in god screener. I am like one hundred million thousand, I am infinity percent against him playing in anything else but NFL quarterback for the Pittsburgh stillis.
Speaker 2: What do you think y'all if if I'm not, if I'm the owner, if I'm if I'm the owner for the Cincinnati Bengals and I have my franchise quarterback out there that I need him out there on Sundays, that that's what I actually do pay him for. And he I know, he gives it it all. He's running around. But if you but if it was the fifth we all be drunk. But if Joe Burrow were to get out there and tear something up, how crazy would we be looking? You know what I'm saying? How crazy would the Bengals be looking? And the no, no, no doing it for the No, that was a flag football joint, just for for views, just to get people out there. No, I don't know. There's no real bread here. Joe Burrow's making forty five, like fifty fifty five million dollars a year to be out a professional quarterback and has missed games because of injuries, you know what I'm saying, in games. So like there's reasons why NFL contracts don't let us do certain things, like.
Speaker 1: Did they allow him to do that? Did their contract? I mean, I ain't gonna say you could go do this. I would guess my thing was this is I don't know. I actually thought that, like the flag football thing, like them playing quarterback.
Speaker 2: In my head, I'm like, oh, that ain't a big deal.
Speaker 1: They go be throwing the ball, and then when I saw it, I'm like, they actually let them run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when you like he's trying to make cuts.
Speaker 1: And moves and you got other dudes running at you full speed trying to grab a flag, Like that's a recipe, especially for a guy that's already been had a few injuries, that's a recipe for disaster. Like, I am not letting you do that, Like that's a non football injury, even though it's in football. You can't get injured playing flat football been a horrible outcome for him if he had got hurt.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, because that's what you said, that non football that's what gets you about your contracts.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, so somebody I don't know, Like I said, originally, I just thought, yo, you go out there and you just sit in the pocket like Tom Brady dude, like.
Speaker 2: For real and just throw the ball.
Speaker 1: But when I saw him like shaking and bacon and moving and all that, like he's shaking bank ain't really like that.
Speaker 2: And you know he went, he went Matt shaking bak too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he almost he almost tore his own thing, not even didn't nobody even touch him, just trying to you know, get up.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm not Joe.
Speaker 1: I was in recruit mode and I was lying to you at the time. See, okay, there we got you got some want to stay safe. Your offensive line is not protecting you over there. We can protect you over here. The coach staff ain't putting the people around you. Were gonna put the people around you. Were doing it right now, Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: You we're gonna keep a nice and protected, good line, good defense. Hey, you might be you score protecting We gotta what. We're gonna stop them from scoring. We ain't gon. You ain't gonna be out there, no shootout, Joe Burrow. You're gonna be able to chill hand the ball off, hand the ball off watch him round Brown the clock.
Speaker 1: You ain't gonna be out there, you know, having to go out there and put your life at risk with a line that can't block for you can't give you gotta pass. We're sitting over here. It's never too late now that see that's look all right.
Speaker 2: I just wanted him to be safe, man, to the point over there. I want this joy back, Joe. You want to love, you want to just love the game. I want him to love the game again. That's it. Yeah, I respect it because if that debo you already know I'm all in for Joe Burrow for sure. But I mean just that, that's just that's just that's just like a it's just so far in my mind because if that that would just be crazy unbelievable, and you will be the first person that ever ever. You've been bringing this up debout for a long time. I went back on the thing. You brought this up like six months ago. Listen, man, I'm just i gotta talk. You got to speaking into existence now. Look at it.
Speaker 1: You don't always you know the timing, you know, sometimes it's he need.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it takes a while, you know, man, it's not it's not in your time. It's in God.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, hey listen man, the older wine get the better the taste.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, yes, sir, man. Look here the ravens over there. Lamar Jackson then showed up at office.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did. It's supposed to be a big deal. Many. I guess we got a video, man, look at the video. Man, mm hmmm mm hmmm mm hmm m hey man, you know you can't you know what you know who You're never gonna you never. Yep, that's that grind. That's that grind. That's what you would your quarterback in there they quarterback Yep, sliding Joe the form. I guess what's up?
Speaker 1: I guess Lamar going to the off season program thing is a big thing. You know, it's not a big thing. Okay, it's Lamar being a professional.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: You have a new coach, which means you get additional you go into you can go in two weeks earlier, so you got new things that's going in, You got new things to learn. You know, you get an earlier start. The coach gets to go ahead and you know, start this program a little earlier. Yeah, blah blah. Bay and Minster stated like last week over the meetings that it's about creating an environment where players want to be there, where they feel like they're getting a lot out of it. You know, we in an environment where they feel they're getting better.
Speaker 2: Now, Yes, and I like, I like this for Lamar. That's the face of that team. Brother.
Speaker 1: Yes, even by example, Yes, doing the things necessary too, you know, show that he is buying into the new direction, new coach, and you know he's he's he's taking the lead, and it's that's that's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, But I am me. You just said you prefaced this, all that, you said the good part and then but I am me and I'm still many. I don't want them to building nothing in that building. Okay. I tried my best two.
Speaker 1: Speak to Lamar's ego about them expecting him to be there. Okay, obviously it didn't work. It didn't work, but but I'm still hopeful that he may only be there for a few days and uh he has a change your heart and leaves early. Jamar, listen to me, you can still do that because you, Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: A generational talent.
Speaker 1: That is, who are they to tell you what they expect? Meaning you better be here or else. You're a grown man, do what you want? Who they talking to? Like all I'm saying, That's all I'm saying about it. How's how's you.
Speaker 2: A grown man? Making millions?
Speaker 1: Millions? Millions of dollar. He gonna try and tell you what you a grown man, what you better do? You're a grown man, Lamar, Joe, what's your what's your view on this?
Speaker 2: What's your view on this recent development? Joe, I could just say this everything you said at the beginning of your statement, I was rocking with two. I'm happy for Lamar. Is good for Lamar. I like Lamar Jackson. You know what I'm saying as the player, as a player, as a football player, I like Lamar Jackson. He's just dynamic. I want I would want. I want the best woman. I don't want him to not do well. I don't want him to go out there and get hurt. I don't want anything, no harm wan Lamar Jackson. I love love his game, so for me, for him to go in there and just team wise, when you're a quarterback, when you're the leader of the franchise, it is always good to be able to get that relationship as early as you can with your receivers, with your line, get your time in together. Because you're touching the ball every single play. You're the most important person on our squad, and when Lamar's case, you're the best player on our squad, the highest paid player on our squad. Everybody's going to follow you. You got the swag, you got the juice. You Lamar Jackson, You've been the MVP of the league a couple of times. So if you're in the building, everybody should be in the building, you know what I'm saying. So you just kind of saying that foundation Lamar's in this joint, y'all better being here. There's no reason why nobody else is working if lamar'sn't here working, you know what I'm saying. So I love it from that perspective. Every other thing you said, it's getting them confidence. That's why you don't like it because you're like, nah, you expect them to be out there. The new coach, him saying that is him saying that is he would expect his best player to be there. He hopes that he would be there because especially now he's a new coach. So we got new language, we got new terminology, we got new stuff going in and hopefully, if you want to be the best that we can be, you're gonna come in here early and get it done. And Lamar showing that he wants to get it done. So it's kind of works out. So the coach is probably looking at Lamar like, thank you for showing up, you making me look good. We got the best player in here, like buying in. Basically that's full blown buy in. So it's a good look. So I bet coach is rocking with Lamar Jackson more now wanted him to succeed as he's saying and showing the squad that I'm in here, I'm trying, I'm motivated and contract truly wise, he got two years left, so DBO, this is what you could look on the bright side, Lamar trying to get paid again. They're tripping. So if Lamar goes into this after this year, he's gonna have one year left on his contract. And then if he goes in with one year left, Lamar like what they're gonna do, then they better back up the brinks. Or he could just play one last year and then see if he could want a test free agency. So like Lamar Jackson might be able to be on the road unless they start acting right and start paying them like they he wants a new deal and I think that's a whole other thing too. While he's gonna be in there showing them look, I'm bought in. Now, you know what I'm saying, show me something. So I think it's a little bit of too. So you can see if they you're gonna hear. I think I think we'll be hearing contract talks about the Ravens too. So Lamar's in there trying to show him like, look, I'll scratch your back, you scratch my back. Oh, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying, but I still didn't hear you your butt part of it.
Speaker 2: My butt part is my but my butt part would but I don't like it too much. My butt part, my but my butt part is is not good for the Browns and the Steelers. It's not good for the AFC North. It's not good for the division. Like Lamar Jackson being at the top of his game and his team rallying around him and him and the receivers and them just being able to be on the flow. That's not good. That's the bar. Joe, Joe, Joe, let's stop this. Stop this. What's up? Man?
Speaker 1: Are going ould be a Hall of Fame player. I want you to talk to Mars Ego right now, dude, all right, you want to talking about ego.
Speaker 2: If they don't give you the bag lamar the way that you deserve, then you need to go ahead. And you know, I'm then you might have to bounce out. I need because you, because you need you, because look you you are who you are. That's a fact. So you know, Deebo, I don't want to have to be negative. But that part of us, the ego part is look about you, that dog, and they need to give you sixty three sixty five million dollars a year on a five year deal, fully guaranteed, or you need to go ahead and bounce out that thing. There we go. How about that debo? Is that the that.
Speaker 1: Don't get him out of there right now? Joe? See how I need him to leave, not finish the program to everybody else will leave?
Speaker 2: See I can't, man, that's not I don't got an them me to just be out. No, I'm gonna leave that to you. I'm gonna leave that to you. I'm gonna leave that to you. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't, right you know, See I see I see what type of person you he is.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: You ain't willing to do the dirty stuff that need to be done.
Speaker 2: Some a Sometimes you got to get your hands done. Sometimes you gotta get your hands dirty.
Speaker 1: So hey, listen, it's dirty thirty stuff.
Speaker 2: Ahrty job that you gotta do, Joe. Sometimes you gotta come down in there and you feeling that. You know what that means. My heart is pure. My heart is pure, Debro. That's all I can tell you legitimately, my heart is pure. Look at you. Look at you making that face when I'm talking about having.
Speaker 1: A pure heart. That's how I can tell you. Ready to do some dirty work, Joe. Joe, I'm new.
Speaker 2: I'm new. I'm new to this. You are.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get pure. You know you true. I'm like, I'm you too that like to like to roll around in the mud and then go get washed off. You know I get all the time.
Speaker 2: It feels good. It was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a feeling that I was used to. But I'm a I'm fighting for my life. I'm not fighting for my life.
Speaker 2: Bro. You you are the You are the devil and the angel on each shoulder. That is, I tell you, Bro. They be talking to it because I know you got so much good in you, but you got a lot of baddies.
Speaker 1: Be that with the upmost respect, oh man, oh toll Bos. We'll go over here to Tampa Broky too, says Baker. Mayfield Kevin Stefanski will have to figure out their beef. So after the Falcons names Stefanski their new head coach, Baker accused Stefanski of treating him like a.
Speaker 2: Piece of garbage.
Speaker 1: Baker also said he can't wait to see him twice a year. Talbo said that they have to decide that on the field. He said, I think that's something that they have to figure out from the standpoint. From that standpoint, since we can't have a boxing match where they get to get in the ring with each other and knock each other out, you know, you know, we're going to back our guy, Baker, and I'm sure they're going to back their coach as well. It's a division game, so it's already going to be tough, fought, hard fought game. So it just adds to it. They're already, like you said, they're already division opponents, and it's a rivalry. This obviously will add a little bit of fuel to the fire. Joe, is there any games where you were like, you know, I'm gonna circle this game on there you know, and each year you're like, yeah, I can't wait to play this team or this coach or you know whatever it was on the schedule, and please don't say the stellers.
Speaker 2: See why would I not say this? Look, I wanted because you were disappointed a lot.
Speaker 1: I think you were what in the eleven So that's I mean, that's.
Speaker 2: Kind of like Cleveland, you know high. I wanted to go against because it was I wanted to go against a B because if you strap the best, then that less people know that you are the best. And I wanted to be on that. I was playing one on one a B. I knew what time it was, so I wanted to go against. Honestly, I wanted to go against a B just just to just to see where I was at. D line, Please get there, because you're gonna have me out here looking crazy if you don't. I can't cover them all day, but I'm gonna be I can't cover all day, but I'm gonna be trying my hardest. So we had a B, and then I'm not gonna lie to you. I would look forward to AJ Green Andy Dall on the AJ.
Speaker 1: Green that's more of a I gotta win, Yes, we we won more.
Speaker 2: We won more of those than we lost, I would think, and I had pretty good days. Andy would throw me some you know what I'm saying, So those those are the good times. So AJ Green and AJ Green and uh Antonio Brown, the Steelers and the Bengals, I was I would circle those games because I was on my personal matchups. My thing was I couldn't score points, you know what I'm saying. I can make sure AB had under fifty and didn't score. I can make sure AJ Green had under fifty and didn't score. And that's what made me feel like I was doing my job. And every like time, what were they catches? Did they get in the end zone? Did they get third down completions? Did they move to change? Did I lose on third down? Like when my one on ones, I wanted to be win more way more than I lost. So like those were just in my mindset, like it's gonna be what it's gonna be, Jody, just don't make it be on you. If I got scored on by AJ, I felt like when we lose this game for show, that's on my head with AB scored, I'm like this, Oh yeah, we're gonna lose for show, that's what I lost us the game in my mind, like, oh hell, if we mess around and win this game, thankked you team, Like y'all done looked out for me because I let y'all down like I got scored on and now for sure we should if we lose. I'm sitting there like this, No, I don't care what none of y'all say. Did y'all see when I got bombed up? Like the game was over? In my mind, we lost, Like Joe, I'm walking to todaybody looking like it's all good. I'm like, I know it's not, but you know, I'm I appreciate that. That's on me. That's on me. It's all good, Joe, No, it ain't. Man. We need to make sure they don't get no first downs. And I just got scored on. Game over.
Speaker 1: Hey you fight, you fight, you're fighting up here, battle baby.
Speaker 2: Fighting fighting bro under underfit underfitty if you get him under third like for real, real under thirty, but that under fifty, under under three touches under fifty yards, that's out of his zone, out of his zone, out of the box obviously was the best one, but just consistently under under fifty you was good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd agree with that. No touchdowns, g ro Toddies. But if you touched down, you lost.
Speaker 2: You You can't give you can't even give up third down conversions. You damn you're starting to lose. Like third and three, you give up a slant ay, You're looking crazy? Why did you do that? Like? No, that's your money right there. I'm to go look back at your Joe versus a B stats man. Okay, now I'm gonna go. Yeah, I'm gonna go look back too.
Speaker 1: If we had some battles less than less than fifty, that's a that's a hard one.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. That's a hard one. How many trying y'all? Play by team eight? Probably something like that like that. Yep, yep, I'm gonna get I'm gonna get the come I'm gonna gotta go look at the I'm gonna go look back at the combo comparison catches the third downs. I'm gonna goa wash them joints again, because now I got somebody tell us what the numbers were. Well, I know one thing. I remember the one joint he hit me on Thursday night football slip on the comeback. I mean on the on the back shoulder fade. Oh my goodness, I was looking sweet. We weren't all white in Pittsburgh and he caught it and my boys got hit that all that white, that boy man, and didn't even matter on that one because slipped all up. Oh bro, that was so that was so bad. AB had a couple of good ones on me Thursday night. It ain't nobody watching nothing else for football too, man, watching me. And that's what that look. That's when I came through hit your boy Heath Miller from fumble. Yeah, okay, y'all won that game. See, yeah, there we go. I'm trying to talk.
Speaker 1: I was asking the question, I did I tell you that we got I got scored on by a B I'm just asking a question.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Yes? No, did not win that game? Joe. I mean, I'm just asked. I can't ask question. I'm about to good lord man, I'm just asking questions. Goodness man, Like I'm not. You're not listening to the contact clues. I told him, sorry, we lose. Oh okay, I got scored. So you what you think happened?
Speaker 1: When I heard the fumble, it made me think that you got to score back and you like returned to fumblefore.
Speaker 2: Techn no, no, no, no no. Oh okay, okay, I understand that. I got it. I got it now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't say that I circled any games, to be honest with you. Uh, the fact that you actually showed up to the game was disrespectful to me. So that was motivation enough for me.
Speaker 2: I think. I like that. I like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, you showed up. That means you think you could beat me. Y'all actually came, you know what I'm saying. That was like, oh, that's just that was you know, that was in my mind that was disrespectful me. You should have just forfeited and went home and just gave us to win.
Speaker 2: Thank Yeah yeah, I mean yeah, you know, just having that mindset is right. But they also professionals, they got a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't care something about that. I mean that that was just my mindset. Actually showed up to the game, that was that was enough. You know, like like y'all.
Speaker 2: Did not even.
Speaker 1: The closer you get the game day and then the closer you get the game time, like the coach ain't like come over and be like, hey, hey, y'all watch you don't want to play, y'all boys, man, we won't like you know, we sick of something where everybody got the flu, Like, hey, let's get up out of here.
Speaker 2: So now we got to go out here. We gotta put lights out. You saying basically to sleep you basically like y'all didn't watch enough film to see what I do. Okay, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like I mean, they used to call it the Stillers defense.
Speaker 2: That that two.
Speaker 1: Thousand and eight said nine all that team like that deep man, they used to call us night quill.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a fact. You're going to sleep there. We all was putting. Everybody going to sleep. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You didn't even know you put you to sleep. I put one to sleep in Miami.
Speaker 2: I myself to sleep. I just know one saying you because I saw my man Ryan Clark out there. He would put his own You know when you got to risk yourself to put yourself to sleep.
Speaker 1: Joe, I told I told my dude, e uh came from New England. I think you played with Ebron middlebacker. Yeah, he said, he said, hey, what you uh? You know what you be doing man that you know, be putting people to sleep. I said, listen, I said, you want to put somebody to sleep, you got to go to sleep, exactly because sometimes you're gonna sleep. You might be the one that goes to sleep. So you gotta be willing to put somebody.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, that's exactly how debo it is. You gotta be willing to put yourself to sleep because you never know. Oh Mar