Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Love Herts. Keith week Kwan has had quite a career, from childhood roles in Indiana, Jones and the Temple of Doom and The Goonies to a recent Academy Award win for Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. But now Keith finally stars as a leading man in the film Love Hurts. Love Hurts is a perfect date night movie with its mix of over the top action comedy and a ton of heart. Love Hurts Only at theaters February seventh.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Welcome in Episode seventy eight of What's Right we think right the podcast and YouTube show. This is our second time ever doing the YouTube show live, and now some people doubted us that Monday we were live.
Speaker 4: We're gonna prove.
Speaker 3: It to you this week because at the end of the show in our c block, our third segment, we're gonna read some of your live questions from the chat. So we are doing this live, so we might have some technical difficulties.
Speaker 4: I doubt it though.
Speaker 3: That's demondse If you're new to the chat as or new to the show, I should say, as the show continues to grow, Demansey's my son. He's also my co host. He's also turning himself into a problem gambler. We will discuss that on tomorrow's Week five NFL Gambling Show, which will not be live because we will record that later today. But we have a ton to do today. Draymon punching people, Lebron's trying to buy teams. We have Week five in the NFL. But before we get to any of that, and remember, please like, rate, subscribe. I don't really even care about the rating and the liking. Just subscribe to us on YouTube if you can, and on your podcast platforms.
Speaker 4: Before we get to any of that.
Speaker 3: However, we must discuss what we are not discussing. Here's what did not make the cut for today's show. We will not be discussing Zion and Ben Simmons making their preseason debuts. You know my rule about preseason basketball. It does not matter at all, unless, of course, Lebron scores twenty three and a half, which kids will discuss it. Zion, however, I think it's going to be an All NBA player this year. Blake Bortles quietly retiring underrated moment NFL history, the Jags kicking the Patriots teeth in in the AFC Championship Game five years ago. Miles Jack there is a fumble, Miles Jacks scoop and score. The refs blow it dead. If that doesn't happen, Blake Bortles and that Jags team Jalen Ramsey, lay Is Campbell, they go to the Super Bowl instead the Patriots go.
Speaker 4: They of course, actually lose to Nick Foles that year.
Speaker 3: And would I sell ball number sixty two for two million dollars? You bet your ass I would. And I've said this for I will say it again. If you catch a valuable souvenir, put it up for auction as long as you don't say one of the rules of the auction is Aaron Judge is not allowed to buy it. If he wants it, he'll get it. If the Hall of Fame Baseball Hall of Fame wants it, they'll get it. So of course I would Okay, all right, Demansey, what are we starting with today?
Speaker 5: The most interesting game this Sunday has got to be Bengals Ravens. Yeah, Joe Burrows looked better the last couple of games and has only been sacked three times, but Lamar looks as good as he's ever been most of these teams is more likely to.
Speaker 6: Win the win this game in the AFC North.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, let me just promise the audience something. I know people are probably like, Nick, what do you? We got to get your take on what Draymond did. We have all whole segment built around that. That's why we're not starting with that. But the very short version of that is, even though Michael Jordan did it, probably shouldn't punch your teammates in the face. I know, I understand everything Michael Jordan did. It's like, oh, well, Jordan.
Speaker 4: Did it, must be good actually.
Speaker 3: Not good, no matter how annoying. Jordan Poole is more of the Draymond stuff in a moment. Now, the Ravens are the best team in the AFC North, but they're banged up and right now I do worry a bit about a bit of a call it an emotional hangover after last week's game, the way they lost the Ravens. Also, they're two and two, and in both of their losses they've been up seventeen points in both of those games. The Bengals, on the other hand, are better. Both these teams, in my opinion, are better than their.
Speaker 4: Two and two records suggests.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Bengals are also coming off the and the long break because they played this past Thursday. Going into the year, I said the Ravens win the division. The Bengals are a wild card team. I will stick with, and I believe both of those takes to still be true. We'll talk about this game somewhat in the gambling show. At this moment, it's Ravens minus three. I think that's the right side. I think the Ravens win a close game. I would not be shocked at all if the Bengals win this game. I think the Bengals could get on a bit of a run, but I think the smart money is Ravens by a field goal. And on the Lamar front, I don't feel like, and I'm talking with this bourd, I don't feel like anyone talks about Lamar Jackson honestly or very rarely. And I think that Lamar, you know what, I'm gonna tell you what I actually think here.
Speaker 4: This is not really the answer to the question. But I haven't said this on the TV show.
Speaker 3: I can say it here because I think we have a little more space for it. I think because Lamar got so much criticism before the draft and during the draft and early in his career that was clearly racially tinged, if not outright racist, that people now are at times hesitant to criticize him because they don't want to align themselves at all with some of the worst people in the world, who are the most adamant. Lamar Jackson stinks, folks, And because of that, folks, to me, they made this past weekends Baltimore game all about Harball's call at the end of the game, or about the Bills comeback, as opposed about the fact that Lamar, who had been the MVP of the league through three weeks, played terribly in the second half of that game. They went three and out, five and out, drive in an interception, drive into an interception, and Hardball's call would not be nearly as controversial as a call if Lamar had just thrown it in completion. There forget to score a touchdown, and then the Bills have the ball in their own two yard line.
Speaker 4: Got to go the length of the field.
Speaker 3: So Lamar is not Lamar is the most unique player, one of the most unique players in the NFL history. But he's not a perfect player, and he is not a player that it should be above criticism, and he did not play well in the last moments of the second half of that Bills game.
Speaker 4: I do think they'll bounce back. I do think the best team in the division.
Speaker 3: I also though, if you remember going into the year, I had them as one of the favorites for the one seed. Hard to be the one seed when you've given two games away the Ravens, I think in their history as a franchise, prior to two weeks ago, had Law had blown three seventeen point second athletes. They've now blown two in their last three games.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: Next on TV, you.
Speaker 5: Said that the Packers were one piece away from contending. Yeah, well Aaron Rodgers won on the Pat McAfee show. McAfee, McAfee sorry, said that here, Kraffe Actually is it's another guy that's yeah, no.
Speaker 3: That's Christian McCaffrey. But mcaffee is the virus protection for your computers spelled the same way.
Speaker 4: Fun fact, But that's Pat McAfee.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, all right, yeah he went he went on there and said he went to play with Odell.
Speaker 6: Uh and he said it's clear that he doesn't trust his rookie receivers yet. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Should they sign Odell? And doesn't it seem kind of strange? You know, Aaron Rodgers thwing his teammates under the bus.
Speaker 4: Well, I thought, listen, I do think they should sign Odell.
Speaker 3: I think that there was a during the Monday night game, Buck and Akman were like, all the Rams they've kept Odell's locker for him, and they're waiting for him.
Speaker 4: To come back, and they want him to come back. Right, it's the Rams saying they want Odell strikes me as a little disingenuous. Here's why not, because they don't want them.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they do, but there is no rule that says Odell has to be healthy and ready to play before you sign him.
Speaker 4: I understand why every other team in the league would.
Speaker 3: Say, listen, if you're not gonna be ready until November, we're not gonna We're not gonna start paying you right now. Odell was one of the critical reasons the Rams won a Super Bowl last year. They're claiming they want it so this offseason, knowing that he's going to miss the first couple months, sign him to one year, eight million bucks and be like, hey, like Shaq's talked about, got injured on company time, reab on company time, We've got you. So if I'm Odell, and I haven't talked to Odell about this, but if I am Odell, it's left a little sour taste in my milt. Like you guys keep telling everyone you want me. You could have signed me, and I could be getting paid right now. He could be rehabbing with you guys. Like so, I don't think he's going back to the Rams. The Packers obviously need a receiver. I don't think Odell loves the cold, but I do think he loves playing in huge games, and I think he enjoyed playing with a good quarterback last year in Stafford.
Speaker 4: Rogers would be a great quarterback. I think it's a great fit. I also think.
Speaker 3: Baltimore should quietly to power pavement on Odell. They could use another receiver now would It's a lot of blocking involved for the receivers there, but he could.
Speaker 5: Be super helpful for What do you think that does for the Ravens if they add Odell?
Speaker 6: Are they a super Bowl team?
Speaker 3: I think they're already potentially a super Bowl team if they get healthy on defense, but I think it makes them so much harder to guard.
Speaker 4: And he would be the best receiver Lamar has ever had a by a mile.
Speaker 3: I'm not as big of a Hollywood Brown guy as some people are, and they obviously don't have a.
Speaker 4: Hollywood Brown anymore.
Speaker 3: All right now, on Rogers, Rogers said, you know, was honest that he's not.
Speaker 4: Doesn't fully trust his rookie receivers.
Speaker 3: But he also said something more interesting to me, which was that his rookie receivers, the progression of those receivers, was going to have a big impact on whether or not he came back.
Speaker 4: To the team next year.
Speaker 3: I really don't like that. I really don't like Rogers. Two years ago, he's all angry they draft Jordan Love.
Speaker 4: I supported him.
Speaker 3: It's like, maybe I'll go do Jeopardy, maybe I'll do this whatever. Last year there was talking about are they going to trade him.
Speaker 4: It's why the.
Speaker 3: Broncos signed Nathaniel Hacken to be their head coach, because they thought Rogers was gonna then say I want to go to Denver. He then signs for one hundred and fifty million dollars, which is one of the reasons the team can not Well, it didn't feel that it could keep DeVante Adam and so to do all that and then to put on these young guys, well, it's gonna be on you whether I come back. I just don't like it. Now you can say he's trying to put positive pressure on them, but the body language, the actions in the game, the fact that Christian Watson hasn't really been a part of the offensive aside from getting jet sweeps and handoffs.
Speaker 4: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I just think for the best players in the league, and Rogers, the two time defending league MVP, who's damn near forty, there should be more of a personal accountability rather than pushing it off on up and I mean athletes being honest. But yeah, but yeah, Like, I just I haven't heard Mahomes say word one about adding more pressure to Juju or MBA or sky Moore.
Speaker 4: And I actually Mahome still has Kelsey. But I just I just don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: I think Rogers general disposition on this stuff is trying to shirk responsibility, right when you just got three years one fifty one hundred plus of the get fully guaranteed you're the guy that's supposed to be fixing things all right.
Speaker 5: Next, the Rams have shocked everyone with their crappy play. Their offense has not looked the same since Odell's gone. Meanwhile, Jered Goff is tied for the league, a league lead and touchdowns. Richard Sherman tweeted out, cannot tell me Stafford is playing better than golf right now?
Speaker 6: If you're a numbers guy, go and check it out.
Speaker 5: And Stafford's obviously been dealing with his little elbow injury.
Speaker 6: Will the Rams be better off with golf?
Speaker 3: No, they wouldn't be better off with golf. Golf's not Golf is playing well. I'll give them credit right, and the Lions offense has been exciting. I understand all that, but no, they would not be better off with golf. But I wanted to talk about this because they're Sherman's week, because Richard Sherman, in a lot of ways has a lot of similarities in his playing career and then media career to our buddy Draymond, who we're going to get too later in this show.
Speaker 4: In this new media, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of these some of these guys.
Speaker 3: Athletes turned media members, need to recognize that they are falling victim to and doing quite often.
Speaker 4: What they hated the most in the media.
Speaker 3: So Sherman has been adamant that Stafford's not very good, and Sherman is now I think, being intellectually dishonest and playing favorites because he's entrenched in the opinion from before last last year that Stafford was not gonna be anything significant for the Rams, and then Stafford.
Speaker 4: Won a Super Bowl and he doesn't want to.
Speaker 3: Budget inch, which again I kind of respect as a media guy, but I know it's the exact thing Sherm criticize the old media for doing. But the real reason I want to talk about Sherman's tweet was because I saw Richard Sherman on the Amazon broadcast on Thursday Night Football, and more power to him, except for the fact that Richard Sherman was I think the single most vocal critic of Thursday Night Football, existing that it puts the players in more risk, that it's all a money grab, all of this, and he was called out on that hypocrisy, and his answer was, well, they're gonna play the game no matter who's broadcasting.
Speaker 4: It's just the But it's nonsense, yea. And again I'm not.
Speaker 3: I've talked when it came to the live golf thing, you know that I'm not sure there's you know, it's very difficult to be a purely, you know, a morally pure capitalist. I'm not getting into a lot of those waters because I think I will come out across as a hypocrite on some of it, so I stay out of it.
Speaker 4: But it is.
Speaker 3: In and so the you know, I maybe have had issues. I maybe agree with sharam on some of the stuff on Thursday Football. Obviously profit all football, I get all that, but it is unbelievable to me how often Draymond and will get to him soon and Richard who. Again a lot of things about both of those guys I like a lot, and both of their playing careers. I have massive respect for it, both no doubt Hall of famers in my mind, and some of the very best ever there specific jobs. But the lack of self awareness on the obvious hypocrisy.
Speaker 4: On some of this stuff is just unbelievable to me.
Speaker 3: Speaking of obvious hypocrisy, I said a few days ago that I don't care at all about preseason basketball.
Speaker 4: When Lebron went over seven, you did, what are we talking about here?
Speaker 5: Your boy went oh for seven in his debut preseason game. But he had twenty three points yesterday. Yeah, in a half, yep, seventeen minutes, unfortunately for the Lakers. Russell Westbrook air ball to free throw cares. You made me take this and you maybe take Aaron Judges' home run record out, Yeah, just so you could talk about Lebron. You say that the preseason doesn't matter, but I'm sure you want to talk about how I'm scoring twenty three yes.
Speaker 4: S Okay, Here's why I want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: I yeah, it's not because of how excellent he was, and he was very good.
Speaker 4: It's because of.
Speaker 3: A few things that are way bigger than in preseason game. One is about the future of the Lakers, and the others about the future of the NBA. Okay, future of the Lakers Lebron. That preseason game mattered extra to Lebron because.
Speaker 4: It was in Vegas. We'll talk with that in the moment, but just be.
Speaker 3: Aware, trust me on that that that was an important moment for him.
Speaker 4: So he just decided, I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Score twenty three and seventeen in a half of basketball against a Suns team that was playing at starters.
Speaker 4: Why is that relevant?
Speaker 3: Relevant because the Lakers have operated this offseason and continue to operate as if they have to hedge their bet against the decline of Lebron as opposed to operating under the auspices of this guy was thirty points, eight rebound, six assists last year, one of the best players in the league. Less than two years ago. Today he won us a championship. I know it feels like it was forever ago. Today I just saw the tweet. I'm going to read it to you, guys. Today is the two year anniversary of Game four of the twenty NBA Finals, when Lebron had twenty eight, twelve and four.
Speaker 4: To win the title.
Speaker 3: So listen, two years ago he was good enough to be the overwhelming finals MVP. Last year he was thirty eight and six. Right, those things have happened, and the Lakers don't want to give themselves the best chance to win, even though he's still playing at this level, because they're worried about the long term future and they're hedging themselves against what could happen this year.
Speaker 4: It's nonsense.
Speaker 3: So why what's the other relevant note here? Why was this game important to Lebron? Well after the game, he said, once again, I hope there's an NBA team here and this is the one I want. He is and Adam Silver directly Lebron. The folks might say, yeah, Nick, you just focused too matell Lebron talking about Lebron too much. This is the gravitational force that he has. Last night it became unequivocal. There is going to be NBA expansion. The NBA is going to go to Vegas and probably the other city will be Seattle, but we'll see, and Lebron James is going to get one of those teams.
Speaker 4: Now it's gonna cost you know, they're gonna it's probably.
Speaker 3: Gonna be three billion dollar expansion fee. Lebron doesn't have that, so he's gonna have to get.
Speaker 4: A group together.
Speaker 3: But the NBA, which has not expanded since the mid nineties when they added the Raptors and the Grizzlies Toronto and Vancouver. Vancouver then obviously moved to Memphis, is going to expand again, and it's going to line up with Here's the other part of it that's relevant. The league's expansion timeline now and folks can say that they think that I'm overstating it, I'd be shocked if I'm wrong about this. The league's expansion timeline is now going to line up with Lebron James retirement timeline. They are not going to add that team in Vegas until Lebron is eligible to buy that team in Vegas, and that can't happen until he retires. So I don't think it's going to happen in the next year or two, but it is going to happen. Lebron has made it clear that is the team that he wants. I believe that is the team he is going to get, and I believe I'm.
Speaker 4: Being honest, that is the team. I might have a front office role. All right, we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Hope you're what enjoying watching live on YouTube.
Speaker 7: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cebo index options like SPX and XSP can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments.
Speaker 6: Could be too.
Speaker 7: There are risks associated with CBO company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at CBO dot com slash us Underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 4: Welcome back in episode seventy eight. What's right with Nick?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: We are live on YouTube, and by the way, in our next segment, we're gonna answer some of your questions in the chat, So go ahead.
Speaker 4: You don't have to send them in the next segment.
Speaker 3: You can send them now because I think our guys are curating them as we speak, So go ahead and check them out now. I just tried to open this up. Now I'm hearing it in my ear. Oh my goodness, this is a problem doing things live. So go ahead and answer the the go ahead and send your questions in the chat now where Doc Draymond in just a moment.
Speaker 4: But first, demon's a what are we starting with?
Speaker 5: Top two prospects in the NBA Draft played in an exhibition game in Vegas this week. They play again Thursday after we record this. Yeah, Victor, I'm just gonna call him. Wimby dropped thirty seven points. Swim Banyama win Banyama. Yep dropped thirty seven points and went seven for ten at the three point line with five blocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's seven four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a big dude.
Speaker 4: He's seven four.
Speaker 5: Well, I think there could be some problems there, but okay, I'm obviously not the expert historian. Scoot Henderson had twenty eight points in nine assists. Wemby is being called the best prospects since Lebron and a lock at the number one pick. The tanking is about to be insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but his agent.
Speaker 5: Said he won't shut VIC down and won't shut VIC down this season despite having nothing to gain.
Speaker 6: Do you think this is the right call?
Speaker 3: Okay, I think that's absolutely the right call. I'll answer why in a moment. First, let's solve all these guys. Scoot would be the number one pick in eighty.
Speaker 4: Five percent drafts.
Speaker 3: Okay and Vic had a right line saying Scoot would be the number one pick if I wasn't born, And he's right about that. You're concerned about Vick's body holding, you know, he was also concerned about that.
Speaker 4: He didn't exactly say it, but who said it? Lebron.
Speaker 3: Lebron was asked about it last night because they played in Vegas, and he said, everyone's a unicorn these days. This guy's an alien. You know, his step back, his threes, that height. He's like, you just gotta hope he stays healthy. Of course, there's concerns for everybody to stay healthy.
Speaker 6: There's a deeper meaning to that.
Speaker 3: Yes, Guys that are over seven foot two inches have a very very tortured history.
Speaker 4: In this league of being able to stay healthy long term.
Speaker 3: And whether it's Ralph Sampson, Yao Ming, Chris Stabs, Rick Smith, the super tall guys, it's tough, but he is the best prospect in my opinion, the since Lebron, there have been three can't miss sure fire prospects, guys that their absolute floor was multi time All Star, and I was on the like, this isn't revision is history by me. It was Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant and Luca.
Speaker 4: Well, who would you think I was.
Speaker 6: I was thinking, you're gonna say Carl Anthony Town.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I wasn't as the It doesn't mean I've gotten them all right, by the way, but those the it's not like I'm not saying that there now that we look back, there've been you know, Steph was a can't miss, you know what I mean. There were other guys, But to me, there were three guys. Vic is the next one. Vic is a camp miss. There is the only thing that can stop him is injury and it is you know you just hold you just cross your fingers right now. I know by the way me saying Luca, there are people are Luke went third. I'm on the record from years ago saying Luca was the best prospect he had to go number one. To me, there was no doubt about Luca. Now on the idea that he should shut him down his agent, I disagree with the premise. There's nothing to gain, you know what there is to gain getting better at basketball. He is not a finished product. You know how people get better at things by doing it, by practicing. He needs to keep playing, and he is such a unique prospect. If you were to suffer a terrible injury, he'd still go number one. And so if he's gonna get hurt, he's gonna get hurt.
Speaker 4: His money.
Speaker 3: That number one big money is locked up. There's nothing that could happen short of true tragedy to prevent that. So yeah, I agree with his agent, he should keep playing. It's very different for a top football prospect because football injuries are so so much more catastrophic and so much more often than it is for a top NBA prospect.
Speaker 4: He needs to play, and the tanking is gonna be nuts.
Speaker 3: You know who I hope gets him, Oh the Rockets. So the Rockets have not tried to tank the way the thunder have. The Rockets have an awesome history of big men other than the Lakers. No franchising league history has a better history of big men because you have Elvin Hayes, Moses Malone, Ralph Sampson, a keem olajuwan Yao ming. I used to throw Dwight Howard in there if you want, But I wouldn't you see?
Speaker 4: You have big men.
Speaker 3: They also have a great international fan base because of yow the.
Speaker 4: I really am.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be terrible, but they have like a nice young core. They have their own pick. I hope they get him that I'll be I'll be bummed out if he goes to Okay.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 4: Also he and Chet on the front line would be pretty hilarious looking scary.
Speaker 3: But okay, see doesn't deserve it. Okay, okay, se he's just a you know, trying to be bad for years. They don't deserve it. Oh you're getting the wig out?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, so to get the timing correctly.
Speaker 3: So what are we doing here? Looks like we're playing the old Public Defender game.
Speaker 6: You guys know what the time it is? Man, I'm glad you guys are getting to see this live.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you have a gabble?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I do.
Speaker 4: Do you need me to hand it to you? Can you grab it? Look at this guy? Okay, you got it.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna keep it on my lap. I actually put it on the computer. Okay.
Speaker 5: Uh so it is time for Public Defender. Hopefully my wig's on right.
Speaker 3: So this is where I defend someone that it might be indefensible.
Speaker 4: It does not mean this is my opinion. It just means just like he must defend their client to the best of their ability. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: First up, we've got Draymond Green. You're a boy reportedly got in a fight with Jordan Poole at practice. The Warriors are apparently considering disciplinary action. Defend your client, Draymond Green.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's the deal. I'm gonna break the.
Speaker 3: Game for a moment. Okay, I will defend Draymond Green. I thought about this as we were doing the show. I screwed this up. This is my fault for our Blue Duck producers. What we should have done was at Draymond be a serious topic and public is so there was more of a separation Instead, I'm gonna do them back to back. So here's my actual opinion on the Draymond Green situation. This is not the public defender thing. Apologies for the graphic there will do the public defender in a moment. My actual opinion on Draymond Green is this is un goddamn acceptance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he's hitting the fam bro like come on now.
Speaker 3: Like I under and I alluded to it at the top of the show. And I know what's gonna happen when I talk about this on TV. Is Brussard's gonna say it's not a big deal. And whether he recognizes it or not, it's all gonna be because Michael Jordan did it, So it's okay.
Speaker 4: It's a it is not.
Speaker 6: Jywan Green also is a Michael Jordan, but he's not Michael.
Speaker 3: Jordan's He also is supposed to be a master communicator new Media Hot podcast, and I'm very excited to see how this gets discussed on the Transparent podcast. But you shouldn't hit teammates, and it's not the NFL. It's I actually think fighting teammates is different in football because there's so much next you and you're already hitting guys as part of the game. And Draymond's gotta know better.
Speaker 5: So it's not like Vet fighting with Vet like I feel like he's supposed to be like coaching this guy, you know.
Speaker 3: And on the public defender side, I'll explain why I could understand why this guy maybe got punched. I talked about but you've got to be bigger and better better than that. And I'm telling you some of this comes from It's not just Draymond's a hot head. It's that Draymon hadn't got his money yet. I mean, he's got a ton of money, but he hasn't gotten that next contract. And Pool needs a contract, Wiggins needs a contract, and Draymond needs a contract. And one of those guys is gonna be left without a chair. And I bet Draymond's concerned about that. But the Warriors the I think the Caves would have won either way. But some people argue they lost the twenty sixteen finals because Draymond lost his temper and punched at Lebron's uh what do you call it, droy Yeah, and got suspended. Everyone acknowledges the final breaking point of the KD era was Draymond losing his mind on him on the sideline. He almost fought Steve Kerr once. And now you the defending champs.
Speaker 4: You have all these great vibes.
Speaker 3: And whatever happened is significant enough that the Warriors feel they have to discipline it right, that they have to make this public because they're going to suspend them. You're supposed to be the smartest player in the league other than Lebron. That's your whole Imo, Get it together, buddy, Okay, now.
Speaker 6: Shoot them up a little bit. Time to defend them.
Speaker 3: Now for my client, Draymond all right, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm going to appeal to your brain and to your heart. First the brain. Has Draymond Green earned the benefit of the doubt? Did I say, first of the herder, first of the brain? My apologies, First of the brain is what I wanted to do. This is the appeal to your logic. Has Draymond Green earned the benefit of the doubt? Has Draymond Green proven over the last seven years that he has his finger on the pulse of the Golden State Warriors better than just about anyone. Has Draymond Green proven that he is, other than Steph Curry, the most indispensable member of that team for what he does on the court and off the court. So I ask you, logically, would Draymond Green do anything that is not in the best interests of the Golden State Warriors. Is it not possible that Draymond Green knew if I don't punch Jordan Poole, Klay Thompson's going to and Klay Thompson that's on his brand, and Klay Thompson. You know he's on a you know, a bum leg. Maybe Clay Thompson doesn't win that fight. So Draymond Green, my client, once again, you know, put on his al Pacino mask and said say hello to the bad guy. All be the bad guy to protect Steph, to protect Clay, and to set the tone for our championship defense that we are going to be about business and not about nonsense. Is that logical to you or do you think Draymond Green all of a sudden just doesn't care about any of those things.
Speaker 4: So that's that's my appeal to your logic. Here's my appeal to your heart.
Speaker 3: Look inside, you think back to watching Warriors games, particularly on the playoff run, and ask yourself this, didn't you have a moment you wanted to punch Jordan Poole in the smirking, damn face. Wasn't there a time when Clay Thompson was open for three and he drove to the basket, or a time where he had done nothing for three straight games and then hit a half court buzzer beater and started preening around as if he were Steph Curry that you said, you know what, I need to hit him, someone needs to hit him. And if you've been on Twitter today and you read the fake news that what started the fight was that Jordan Pool was telling everyone when he got his new contract, he was going to build at his house a Jordan pool and call it the goat pool. For a moment, didn't you say, wait, I think that might be believable. So to that, I say, your heart says he needed to get smacked. Your head says he needed to get smacked. Our defense is not that my client did not do it. Our defense is that you would have done it as well, and my client did what needed to be done.
Speaker 4: We rest our case.
Speaker 6: Next fulcandone violence in the court.
Speaker 5: But ajorned all right before the season, you said that you wouldn't be shocked if the Colts had the best record in the NFL for weeks. Four weeks in, they've won one game. Tonight they played Denver on the road without Jonathan Taylor. Counselor defend your client and also yourself the Colts.
Speaker 6: The Colts.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's fine.
Speaker 3: So uh this is really a you asking me to defend the take. Yeah, so I am defending myself here, ladies and gentlemen, the jury, I plead ignorance. The ignorance I did not know Matt Ryan had become fossilized. I should have watched more Atlanta Falcons games last year. I should have anticipated that Matt Ryan would have nine fumbles through four weeks. I should have maybe anticipated that Jack Leonard would continue to be banged up. I should have maybe anticipated that Frank Reich, who has struggled at the beginning of seasons every year, would struggled at the beginning of the season once again. And that Jonathan Taylor, who has never missed a practice dating back to high school, given the workload the last couple of years, they maybe have leaned on him too hard.
Speaker 4: So I have no defense other than ignorance. I look back on those takes and I'm as embarrassed by them as anyone.
Speaker 6: All Right, I think I.
Speaker 3: Said the Colts could be thirteen and four. They might end up four and thirteen.
Speaker 6: Uh So you don't want to plead insanity.
Speaker 3: Maybe that would have been a better play. I'm better at defending other people than defending myself. I have no real defense. It's a bad take. I still think they have a chance to turn it around. They shouldn't be this bad. But if but the entire Colts take predicated on this is the best quarterback Frank Reich has had. Instead, he's playing like the worst quarterback he's had. So it's a problem.
Speaker 5: Next, all right, a fan ran onto the field of Woman at Night, where he was leveled by Bobby Wagner. On Wednesday, the fan filed a police report for blatant assault against Wagner.
Speaker 6: Counselor defend your client, Bobby Wagner.
Speaker 3: This is the easiest defense ever. My client is not a criminal. He is not a villain.
Speaker 6: He is a hero, a hero.
Speaker 4: He's a hero.
Speaker 3: Not only was that fan trespassing, that fan was carrying around what could have been a chemical weapon as a smoke grenade.
Speaker 6: It was breast cancer Awareness month.
Speaker 3: Okay, First of all, is it it's October?
Speaker 4: That's not November.
Speaker 3: You're right, okay, you're right, your honor, Please don't interrupt a man, whatever it is you. He's running around on the field like a lunatic. That's first of all. Second of all, I don't know if he's dangerous. Third of all, I don't know if that smoke has arsenic in it.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 3: Fourth of all, he is lucky I am the one who tackled him. Let me tell you why. I literally am a professional tackler. I am going to go into the Hall of Fame as one of the greatest tacklers ever. Not a great pass rusher, not a great pass coverage. Why am I a Hall of Famer purely because of my tackling. So I know exactly how to tackle to get a person on the ground without necessarily hurting them.
Speaker 4: If I don't tackle him, do you know what happens?
Speaker 3: Some out of shape, potentially overweight security guard runs, finally gets him, lands on his back, pulls him down, might tear both of his acls. I got him down quickly and safely. I protected him from himself, from the security guards who, unlike me, don't satiate their appetite for tackling on a regular basis, so they might try to put a little extra mustard on it. And I protected all of my teammates and the opposition from whatever he was thinking about doing. So I you know what I I moved for a summary judgment in my client's favor, Your honor, Your honor. I don't agree, you don't agree, Yeah, what's your take?
Speaker 5: I mean, he tackled them with pads on. There was already guys chasing him. It's their actual job. You're doing your job. You're not on this job. Just let the other guys do their job. I just said job a lot of times.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: A terrible What do you mean what's he tackling him for in the pads? Like?
Speaker 4: Oh, you wanted him to take his pads off?
Speaker 6: No? I just want him to sit there on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Now you got the job done? Next, all right?
Speaker 5: The Nuggets mascot Rocky signed a record deal for six hundred and twenty five thousand. Jamal Murray defended this contract extension or contract whatever, saying he brings a lot of energy and can make half court shots. Counselor defend your client Rocky in his obscene contract.
Speaker 4: There's no defense necessary. There is, America.
Speaker 3: He has a valuable skill that a lot of people can't do and is a very risky job.
Speaker 5: I honestly should be a mascot. I can make a freaking half court shot.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: First of all, don't know if you can. Second of all, I mean, Rocky makes him like a ninety percent rate your honor. He also is high flying acrobatics. He's very popular.
Speaker 4: There are so.
Speaker 3: Many upper mid level managers. You don't think the vice president of marketing for the Denver Nuggets makes a cool third of a mill few hundred thousand. You don't think there is a there is a team vice president in the sale department that's making half a million.
Speaker 4: Rocky's one of one.
Speaker 3: You don't think Rocky at You know what, Let me pull something up real quick for the fans of the Denver Nuggets out there. Okay, let me let me go ahead, and your honor give me one moment I need. I want to put something into evidence here, which is let me just ask you this question. Who do you think adds more value to the Denver Nuggets for the upcoming season, my client Rocky the greatest mascot in all of sports, or at six hundred and seventy five thousand dollars or DeAndre Jordan at three million.
Speaker 4: Who do you think adds more value to the Rockets or to the Nuggets my client Rocky at less.
Speaker 3: Than one million a year? Or are you familiar with Vlatico con car who makes two point two million. Let's see what con Car did next last year? Because I guarantee to you he didn't hit a dozen half court half court shots and entertained the fans at halftime regularly. Voadko Concord last year for the Denver Nuggets keep it over the entirety of the season, played one hundred and seventy five minutes and scored sixty two points. Started one game. He gets two million. My client's not worth six million. This obvious bias against mess six hundred thousand when I met deserved six million. Why can't he's the best? You know what, Here's here's a good rule of thumb. No matter what your job is, doctor, lawyer, writer, pianist, poet, mascot, anything, if you are legitimately the best in the world at what you do, you.
Speaker 4: Make a lot of money. If anything, my client's underpaid. I rest my case. You answer your questions next very quick break right back.
Speaker 8: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States Savings. Very terms apply all State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, welcome back in What's Right, Nick Right, Episode number seventy nine. We're gonna do live questions Demansey, they're right there. You can read them off that if you'd like you see them. It starts with a fan from Brazil a question from Brazilian fan. We're live on YouTube. Uh, you've got the questions. Yes, you're still wearing the wig? Yes you want to still be wearing the wig?
Speaker 6: No? I mean if you can take it off? Answer live? All right, sweet, there.
Speaker 3: You go take it off. Sorry, we're a little flustered. We had a quick commercial break and then throw it on the ground actually because people are gonna be like, what the hell is is that a small dog in his pocket?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: And what my wife was calling? Deman's calling me. Yeah, it didn't show a lot going on.
Speaker 3: All right, we got a few questions to answer Forreyer wrap up the show that I have to.
Speaker 4: Go do the TV show.
Speaker 6: What's the first one, nick, Brazilian fan?
Speaker 5: Watch it from Germany here with the soccer World Cup around the corner?
Speaker 6: Who are your favorites to win it all? Love the show? Keep it up? Thank right.
Speaker 4: My general rule of thumb is I pick Brazil every time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I understand they are the betting favorites once again this year I am. I usually pick Brazil because I want to pull for Brazil because I think the way they play is so fun to watch. I like the South American style so much more than the European style. It's just more aesthetically pleasing. Once upon a time I bet on Brazil to win the World Cup when it was in Brazil, and then they lost their semi final game.
Speaker 4: I think it's eight to one. It wasn't very fun. I think the smart money is probably on France.
Speaker 3: But and give given the fact that I let me check and make sure I'm right about this, I think Brazil is still the considerable favorite here, so let me let me go ahead and double check it. But the soccer, sorry, one second World Cup, the you know it should be World Cup went futures?
Speaker 4: What is this hold on? I apologize, guys, we're doing this live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brazil's plus four thirty, France is plus five point fifty. I think France probably better and you're getting better odds, so I'll be rooting for Brazil.
Speaker 4: I think the smart money is on France.
Speaker 3: If you were to ask me one long shot, I I don't know if Germany counts as a long shot at ten to one, because I think they're.
Speaker 4: Like the sixth favorite. Okay, that would be them and so but now I'm.
Speaker 3: Just listing all the teams really, so I don't want to do That's not but heart's gonna be with Brazil while it's gonna be with France.
Speaker 5: All right, next thanks Thiagou Kolby asked would you rather see Mahomes win another ring or Lebron? Well?
Speaker 6: Both both?
Speaker 5: I mean, but yeah, I'm assuming Kobe's saying you have to pick.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, there's two different questions.
Speaker 3: If you were to tell me one of them is never going to win another ring, then the answer is I definitely want Mahomes to win another because if Mahomes doesn't win another ring, people are gonna say he was a disappointment. He wins a ring in year two and then never wins another one. People say his disappointment. I don't think people expect.
Speaker 4: Lebron to win another one.
Speaker 3: If you were to ask me, if you were to say one of them and only one of them is going to win a ring in the next three years, then I would pick Lebron because I think Mahomes is gonna win.
Speaker 4: Have you know you'll have another ten years, right, But the.
Speaker 3: Truth of the matter is Mahome's probably gonna win a ring this year, and Lebron's probably gonna win his last ring in a couple of years, not with this Lakers team that won't get it together, but with whichever team he goes to when they draft Ronnie and that.
Speaker 4: But that's gonna be a good team. It'll probably be the Calves. We'll probably use third cent there.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: Next, all right, jose ass thoughts on the poker cheating scandal.
Speaker 3: All Right, this, I almost did a separate podcast on it is.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you the very very short version of.
Speaker 3: This because and maybe I'll do like an Instagram live on this where we really break it down. But this is so inside where I think a lot of people don't even know what we're talking about. It is shocking to me, how many people credibly believe that there was not cheating involved in Your gut tells you there was cheating.
Speaker 4: Logic tells you there was cheating. So many of the defenses to me immediately fall flat.
Speaker 3: Misread her hand. She made it pretty darn clear she knew what she had. Oh no, you can't assume she would cheat this way, because it would be it would be so dumb, it would be so obvious. But the defenses that she made one of the dumbest and worst calls in poker history.
Speaker 4: The smoking gun that she gave the money back.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: To me, it's very like Ocham's razor on this is she had a buzzing device that she did not know exactly what her opponent's cards were. It was just a yes no buzzer, Are you ahead?
Speaker 4: Yes or no?
Speaker 3: She men raised, thinking he would just call and then she could jam the river if she got the Again, he shoved on her and because she she appears to not know what she's doing from a cheating or a poker perspective, called it off because she was ahead.
Speaker 4: Now, like I said, it's far deeper than all of this, But I know a lot of people don't even know what we're talking about, but it is shocking to me how many people are like, no, I actually believe her. I think it is. To me it is a.
Speaker 3: Ninety ten at best against her, and more like ninety five to five.
Speaker 4: All right, do we have one more question? Because then, because we are late, we got a wrap.
Speaker 6: No, I mean we've got extra We've got extra ones. Let's stay the more.
Speaker 5: All right, lam Ladam says, what do the Eagles have to do to convince you that they're going further than one playoff win this season?
Speaker 4: Well one, if they're the one seed.
Speaker 3: By the way, one playoff win would get him in the conference championship game. But the ant Philly last year made the playoffs despite not beating a single good team all year. Okay, this year they've beaten Detroit Minnesota, who's decent, Washington New stinks, and Jacksonville, who I think is a good team. But that game was also very odd because of the five turnovers. It's going to be hard to convince me because they have such a soft schedule the rest of the way. I believe in them more than I did before the year, even though I did ultimately pick them to win the division.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna be the one seed. It is very, very.
Speaker 3: Difficult for me to see that teams as it is right now winning a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: And if you're asking me, what are they gonna have to.
Speaker 3: Do to convince me they can probably win it, I'll probably say all year long, I don't think they can win the super Bowl. And I like Jalen Hurts the guy, but I still have big questions about Jalen Hurts the top level quarterback. I think it's incredibly incredibly difficult to win the super Bowl without that. Now, the Rams did it last year. Can Jalen Hurts too? It's to Efford maybe, but I'm skeptical. All right, this is very fun. We are way late. Monday's mom is gonna be furious. She's supposed to open the store in five minutes. You got five minutes to break this all down to Monsay.
Speaker 4: Good luck with that. I gotta go to work. Episode seventy eight. What's right. We'll see you guys tomorrow for the Gambling Show.
Speaker 6: Take care, guys,