Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Show Katty Armstrong and Get and Keep Arms.
Speaker 2: From Studio c Hey Signor It's Fride Deep, the Fowls, the Armstrong in Getty Communications Compound and today We're toiling under the title of the show Markie Calendar's three possible titles Today, It's a very special day. Number one. We're at peak evil and peak stupid. It's like a blood winter wolf, gut wrenching moon for humanity be at peak evil and peak stupid at the same time. Not easy to Other titles include Booth assassinates, Lincoln Authorities, Unsure of the Motive, and a rare DS designation It's DF.
Speaker 1: Did you hear.
Speaker 2: That Donald Trump's the president put the DS designation on Iran?
Speaker 1: He called them deranged scumbags. I saw that in his truth social post in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Yes, he said, what was it that they're going to have a day unlike the worst day of their life?
Speaker 1: Is what'd he say? I'll bring that up. It's going to be a worst day so far or something like that. Pete Hegzeth just said that, Uh, Iran's shooting stuff back at people dropped in ninety percent yesterday, the last first night in Israel last night, that they sirens didn't go off first time of the of the fourteen day war, that they didn't have any sirens go off overnight, and bigger I think. Pete Hegseth said that the new lead of Iran is severely wounded and likely disfigured, which I was wondering. I wonder if they have intel on that or is that just really great syops or maybe obvious syops of So show your face if you're not disfigured, trying to force the guy to show his face, which makes it more likely we figure out where he is. I guess it's eleven dimensional chess. Here's the quote.
Speaker 2: Watch what happens to these deranged scumbags today?
Speaker 1: Trump soud in the middle of the night he sent that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he like doesn't go to sleep or wakes up and rolls over and thinks of oh, the deranged scum bag.
Speaker 1: Wait till you see what happens a day to the deranged scumbags. Where's my phone, Malania, where's my phone? I need to put out a statement. Go back to bed Donald. That's like they're sleeping together in the same bed. That's Joe Getty's rendering of the bedroom of the President. I tried to do Trump the other day in my kitchen.
Speaker 2: I was listening to him on the TV and was trying to do an imitation of him and couldn't even come close. It's just a voice. For whatever reason, the my throat can't do it. Yeah, there aren't that many people that can. Apparently Shane Gillis is sure certainly good at it, the comedian. We're avoiding getting to this because who wants to talk about this on a Friday. Apparently the mainstream media doesn't want to talk about it. Because I watched MSNBC for a good fifteen minutes. They not only did not talk about the fact that we've had three ISIS attacks in a week.
Speaker 1: They didn't even tease that coming up. We'll get to that story. They're just all about how the war is failing and all the mistakes the administration has made. You don't think it's interesting that we've had three ISIS inspired attacks, two of them direct contact in a week, and then you could add in the beatdown that happened just you know, near the radio station here of a couple of guys speaking Hebrew get beat down in the street.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like they're shooting at the US embassy in Canada. Was almost certainly related, right, So that'd be anyway four or five in North America in a week. You don't think that's an interesting story. Nobody finds that to be a trend. Remember when the whole Asian hate crime against Asians was like a big topic and it wasn't even real. No, no, I'm reminded of when Donald J said that he could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue and his followers, his fans would still be with him, and the media acted like that was a horrible outrage. How about this one? Fundamentalist Muslims could shoot up, or ram or attack multiple synagogues and Jews all over America and the mainstream media wouldn't say a word. That's an overstatement because they are covering it. But man, they're trying to bury.
Speaker 1: It, man, I'd say, and then bury what is actually going on? So they had to lead with it on your big evening newscasts last night because it was such a big story. But I was riding around with my son as we're listening to the news. I said, let's see how.
Speaker 2: Long they get they go before they gettle around to ever mentioning that this is a radical Muslim killing Jews?
Speaker 1: Is what's going on here? I mean? And it was way deep in the story before they ever mentioned the guy's name. And then you'd you know, you got to draw your own conclusions. The still a still trying to figure out what the motive might be in an angry Muslim crashing his car into a school full of little Jewish kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably a robbery. Probably a robbery or a divorce custody suit.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that is, you know, one of these several things that came together in my head. Further the title were at peak evil and peak stupid. It's just I don't know what to make of my country at this point. Now. The first normal people I think are behaving normally. It's it's my great sin is looking at the world through the eyes of the media, which is perverse.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at fox US on edge after attacks at synagogue in college yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, the US is not on edge. I don't know how much of the US is on edge. According to CNN, Nemicon BC. It's not on edge at all, because I don't see anything about this story.
Speaker 1: We've always wondered why attempts at horror that just barely come up short of being horrible are treated completely different than the successful ones because the intent was the same. And I assume this would be the only story in America if that guy had been successful and murdered eighty four year olds, which he certainly could have done.
Speaker 2: Good lord, I mean, that could have been among the worst stories ever.
Speaker 1: That was certainly his intent. It would seem crashing his truck into that synagogue in the school full of little kids, four and five year olds with a gun.
Speaker 2: And explosives and everything, Oh my god, that could have been horrible. But the fact that luckily there's a security guard that had to beat on him and shot him.
Speaker 1: It's since it didn't happen, you ignore the intent.
Speaker 2: I don't know your here, by the way, that security guard. Oh hell yeah, yeah, I get what you mean. It's like, it's not real until the aim is fulfilled. The threat is not real until money is successful.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just stupid. If it would have been if it had had been the random shootings that we often have just a disgruntled teenager angry at the world, and you had two in one day, it'd be the lead story because it'd be all about, you know, the evil of the United States and our mass shootings and Republicans not refusing to pass common sense gun legislation and all the stuff that they say after a shooting.
Speaker 2: But because these were clearly a thing, two within a couple of hours of each other, where you got, you know, screaming allah acbarn Muslims wanting to kill Jews. They just didn't know the whole shooting thing well right, And one was a felon who shouldn't have a gun at all, so you have an extra excuse to go with the gun laws angle, which is the wrong angle anyway usually. But they're not even doing that. They are, so that's a great point. They are so uncomfortable with reporting this story. They're not even going with the usual tropes about guns. They're just hands off.
Speaker 1: Don't say anything bad about the fundamentalist Muslims. So what is that is that is that fear? It's it's fear and wokeness. Man.
Speaker 2: They were dancing around what actually happened yesterday. When they did talk about it, and then the next day it's just not a story.
Speaker 1: This is a big problem. You know, what would be a.
Speaker 2: Really interesting experiment is if you went to media figures or college professors or you know, you're leading woke crowd, and said, name one issue or thing that's happening in the world where the United States is on the right side of it, where the US are the good guys.
Speaker 1: That'd be a good one.
Speaker 2: And if they struggle for more than like a second and a half, you'll know that they are just utterly perverted in their thinking and they are as the I mean, for instance, it would be well, certainly, you know, fundamentalist Muslims who want to return women to to just slavery, and they actually have slavery, and they believe in rape as a punishment. Blah blah blah, just one hundred different things. Yeah, the US and our Bill of Rights is one hundred percent on the right side of that one.
Speaker 1: They could not utter those words. We never did get to the poll. Maybe we'll do it today as the most depressing show in America. We saved it for Friday. This worldwide poll. The United States is the only country in the world where a majority of citizens think their other citizens are evil, that the people they live with their evil were the only country that thinks that about ourselves. That ain't good. That's weird, that's bad. I wonder if it's ever even happened in history. So anyway, we'll talk about that among other things coming up later. We got to start the show officially.
Speaker 2: You know, we're gonna like they used to sayd money python and now for something completely different.
Speaker 1: That's what we'll do to start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is another Friday the thirteenth. That's two months in a row. What is that all about? Friday the thirteenth. You're twenty twenty six. We are I'm strung at getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: You do have bigfoot sightings really on the rise to so look out. Anyway, let's be get the show officially. Now according to season.
Speaker 1: Well, he's just said to be nine feet tall, so are you minimizing that's right? From a nine foot tall.
Speaker 2: Free beast London origin, Good lord man, get out of war footing here we go.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah at Mark, when was the.
Speaker 3: Last time you've made butter and ran simultaneously.
Speaker 1: You may be asking yourself why her who? Question is why not hear that? That's the sound of butter treing to juice the butt. Now we have to juice the butter, bring the butter out. I don't know. Now that is how you make butter and run simultaneously.
Speaker 2: So you brought this to us, Katie. Is this a TikTok trend or a challenge or what is this? Running and churning butter at the same time? This is a Michaelangelo. Yeah, that's my face of disgust through that.
Speaker 1: Michael. What is this? Michael? You put heavy cream and salt in a backpack and then as you've run there with the butter making But what is the combining with running?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because as you run up and down with your feet, it churned the butter and creates Yeah, well you do end up with butter, Katie, I mean, but you have to run, Joe, Well, that's not going to happen. My question is purely theoretical discussion with all these things. And we had a dumb one earlier in the week.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. It was a TikTok trend or something.
Speaker 2: And we wondered if does the trend include even two people? But want the young people run out of these things. At some point you got to run out, right. I feel like we're near the end.
Speaker 1: You're running and churning, butter, You're gonna run out of things, and you're just gonna have to accept the visit is.
Speaker 2: Humanity will catch up to me, because you know, often these trends are brought up, the new trend is this, and I'll say, no, it's not. And I think most of humanity, including young people, are going to realize, no, that's not. Three people did that. Who cares. I'm not gonna I have life to use me, I have work to do. Everybody is not doing this.
Speaker 4: They'll come up with another word to call it. They'll drop the trend thing and come up with something else.
Speaker 1: Yes, Michael, at least they're being productive, exactly. It's true.
Speaker 2: It's better than sitting on your couch and not dating and watching video games. It's funny you would say they'll drop the trend, because I just the trend is dropping. I just found out what a drop is. I was not familiar with that term. Evidently that's the hottest thing in marketing. It's like when Starbucks drops their Barry Stuck coup. Oh yeah, but now everything's a drop and it's it's almost hilarious the things that they're trying to create, that sort of mob.
Speaker 1: Oh, I must have that excitement over.
Speaker 2: Stop it, humanity, stop it. Get a job or have a child or something.
Speaker 1: We're looking at the cover of the California Post before we go to break is lomist terror in the USA?
Speaker 2: That probably should be the cover or lead of everything. I'm surprised because the USA is pretty woke. It's California Post, the New Californy. I'm sorry, I'm mishard. Yeah, that's a weirdness. That is accurate. Longest terror in the USA should be a giant story. Anyway, We've got Katie's headlines on the week, We've got clips of the week. We got so much today, I hope you can stay here.
Speaker 1: Got some economic news, got some AI news, got some an interesting Oscar thing. Even if you hate the oscars because the oscars are Sunday plus lobster gate.
Speaker 2: We've not been on that. No, we have, like the mainstream media has stupid, speaking of peak stupid. But let's figure out who's reporting lot. It's lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 4: Katie starting with the Alphabet networks talking about Iran. CNN the Trump administration underestimated Iran's war impact on the straits of her Moos. NBC Pete hag Set says new Supreme leader was quote wounded and likely disfigured. Calls out weak written statement and ABC four dead after US refueling aircraft goes down in western Iraq.
Speaker 1: Yeah, four more guys.
Speaker 4: Rough from the Financial Times, France and Italy open talks with Iran and bid to secure safe or moose passage.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. What kind of talks are What kind of talks are you going to have? France?
Speaker 2: Italy near ballplayers don't even da they couldn't find Italy on a map.
Speaker 1: Ponies from Fox.
Speaker 4: String of attacks across the United States puts nation on full alert.
Speaker 2: It should I don't know that it has. I guarantee you the Jewish community is on full alert. Oh my gosh. Yeah yeah. How do you hear debating? How secure can we make our synagogues and and temples? I mean, are we gonna have like an army division out front?
Speaker 1: It's insane? Can you imagine? I mean, because after nine to eleven man, we were such on the lookout for Islamists and their violence, but now that it's targeting Jews alone, No, not as much interest.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you'd had this number of al Qaeda inspired terrorist attacks in a week in two thousand.
Speaker 1: And three, Oh my god boy.
Speaker 2: The gift of the open borders Joe Biden gave us just keeps on giving too.
Speaker 4: From the Daily Mail, frozen brains reawaken an astonishing medical breakthrough.
Speaker 1: Whoa, so people who have done that whole thing where they freeze their head, they're bringing the brains back around.
Speaker 4: Apparently part of the tissue is waking up.
Speaker 2: Have they worked on Ted Williams yet, he's the most famous frozen brain I know of in that World Baseball class, the splendid splinter get Ted Williams in the lineup. Do have time to reanimate Ted Williams' brain, get it into a player and get him on the field before we take on the Japanese.
Speaker 4: Speaking of brains, from Study Fines, your brain has a quote distraction window that opens seven times per second.
Speaker 1: Watch I would like to know more about that.
Speaker 4: And finally, from the Babylon b Democrats condemn heg Seth for using money to feed the soldiers when it could have easily gone.
Speaker 1: To Somali daycares. So that gets into the lobster gate thing that we haven't discussed.
Speaker 2: So we'll have to lay that all out, or Joe will lay on that all out. Could I still have a baby intention to it? I'm beginning to think we need to rethink the First Amendment. The free press is no longer worth having.
Speaker 1: We've got clips of the week on the way and more news of the day to get into. Trump is speaking about the Warren Iran that Thready put out last night about the scumbags.
Speaker 2: Is that what he called them, deranged scumbags? All right, all on the way. If you missed a segment, get the.
Speaker 1: Podcast Armstrong and getdy. Hey, how you doing? Hope you're doing fine?
Speaker 2: He wave all across the United States for the most part, gonna be hot, lots of places like all over the country, like crazy hot. Sorry, I'm preoccupied. I was just reading a story about AI and the story about reanimating human brains, and it became clear.
Speaker 1: To me that the.
Speaker 2: Threat is less Chinese robot dogs with machine gun mouths and more computer powered zombies. So I've just had to adjust my thinking on that. So all right, it's the Friday traditional. Let's taking fun look back at the week that was. It's col clips of the week.
Speaker 1: It's the killing of ayatola An. Iran is reposedly naming his successor well Sabahammadai is known as the shadow printing.
Speaker 2: President Trump has warned that Iran's next leader won't last long. What did he picked the wrong week to be a Nepo baby.
Speaker 1: He was in the hospital for two months for lack of erection.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to brag, but you know, they said this about a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Still, as a president could do some of this shit I'm doing.
Speaker 5: You could see black smoke rising from the horizon in tiff Ran, people on the ground even.
Speaker 1: Describing it as raining oil.
Speaker 4: The national average for a gallon of gas now at three dollars fifty nine cents.
Speaker 1: The Russians said that they have not been sharing. That's that's what they said. So let's hope that they're not sharing.
Speaker 2: You just said it is a little obscursion, and you said it is a worse, So which one is as.
Speaker 1: Well as both. The NYPD says this device was indeed an improvised explosive.
Speaker 3: Device after an attempt to terror attack against New York's from mayors Or on Mumdanni and the House Speaker. I incorrectly said that the bombs that were thrown by ISIS inspired suspects in New York over the weekend were directed at Mayor Mum Donnie.
Speaker 1: They were not.
Speaker 2: Each day we're told by those in houfs to fear each other and to turn on each other.
Speaker 1: Something that you love that's not family or friends. I love trans children, people, you know.
Speaker 2: But for me, Nobos is standing up for ideals, striking out against injustice and define.
Speaker 1: That's my wife three. Basically, shut the film, do your art and shut up. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 6: Who is it from shopolising the criminal? The idea of not getting enough protein that really reminds me of toxic masculinity.
Speaker 1: Oh he's doing it, Emma is one of my favorite snakes in Sneak Yoga. It's just a different vibe. Judd swags and missus and Annaly has pulled off a stunner. You're welcome to USA. We were thinking of you guys. It's clips of the week. There you go, quite a week as usual. I'm keeping an eye on this is happening live Senator Alissa Slotkin. You might not know her, maybe you do. She's a Democrat from Michigan. She's given quite the barn burner of a speech right now. It looks like about the epidemic of hate against Jewish people in this country and how this, what happened in Michigan was clearly a hate crime, and so she, as a Democratic senator, is running against the grain of the mainstream media on this. Certainly good for her, but we'll get some uh clips of that coming up a little bit later.
Speaker 2: So the baseball clip reminded me, and you mentioned this the other day. I think you were onto something that you got the USA team, which is a bunch of American ball players wearing red, white and blue UNI for the World Baseball Class an all star team if you will, right, And then you've got the Italian team, which is a bunch of American ball players wearing red and green. But they're the underdogs, they're the pasted over guys.
Speaker 1: They would have played for the USA team if they could have made the team almost certainly.
Speaker 2: And they are to a man. I think Americans. There might be an Italian or two but baseball is practically unknown in Italy. Nobody plays it, so it's kind of silly that they have a team at all. But I mean, if you want to root for Americans, who are the scrappy under dogs.
Speaker 1: Right, got to root for Italy? Right? Yeah? It doesn't. It's not exactly like during the Olympics. It doesn't. I don't feel like a bad person if I'm rooting for the American guys playing for Italy that didn't make the team and now they're thrilled that they're beaten Aaron Judge and whoever, and.
Speaker 2: Even saying what I said, you got to root for Italy, what does that even mean?
Speaker 1: The shirt says Italy, so what so you're rooting for that shirt? They're American guys. There's also a breaking news we'll have to dig into a little bit about how the economy they downgraded, how the economy did at the end of twenty twenty five. Is there any reason to pay attention to these numbers when they come out?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Why was there? The jobs numbers come out Friday. The job's numbers came out to day. The jobs numbers just came out, analysis, analysis, analysis, and then you wait three four months and then you say, all that was wrong? Why do we do this? What is the point of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it's funny the way habits become. I mean they're impossible to break, especially for the media, Like anybody who spends any time studying the stock market. No, citing the down industrial average is silly. There's just no reason to do it because the way it's composed and the differences with the S and P five hundred. Google it if you want to learn about it. But everybody still does. And in the same way, we've been quoting these economic statistics that came to be during a period where there was excellent data gathering, HI quick response rates, so the data was valued valid. Now we have very very low response rates, much of it terribly terribly delayed, But we continue to recite those figures as if they're the same thing.
Speaker 1: It reminds me, in a weird way of.
Speaker 2: Your discussion of one hundred dollars a barrel oil That means something fundamentally different than it used to because of inflation. But do we just go on repeating the same credit. Well, I don't, I'm my own man.
Speaker 1: Economic growth was slower at the end of twenty twenty five than data first showed, and inflationary pressures persisted at the start of this year, a troubling snapshot of an economy on unsteady footing before the war with.
Speaker 2: Iran up ended the whale in financial markets. So they changed all the numbers that got discussed three months ago. Fine, yeah, yeah, uncertainty piled on uncertainty.
Speaker 1: So maybe I'll get to this next hour. I was reading Mark Halprin's newsletter today and he has tremendous sources in the White House, and he said, uh, for the first time since the war began, he feels like there are a lot of people inside the administration who were supported of supportive of the war who are getting a pretty nervous about the direction things are going and how they're going to handle this particular problem, the straits of horror moves. How is that going to be dealt with? Like they are actually didn't see this coming, really concerned. How were going to fix this problem?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: The clearest headed thinkers I've been reading, I'll say roughly the same thing.
Speaker 1: Hey, we can't stop now.
Speaker 2: You knock down the rubnets now, yeah, you got to finish the job. You can't leave the mullas the Hornets, with the ability to do terrible damage and now dead set on just to open hatred and violent resistance against the West.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't I don't buy the Powell doctrine of if you break it, you bought it or own it or whatever. Whatever. We broke it, we're leaving you fix it. I'm fine with that. But in this particular case, since they blocked off twenty percent of oil traffic, we gotta fix that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Well, we certainly can't let it continue indefinitely. I mean, that's ridiculous, which has changed the calculus obviously, because we started it when we wanted to, and certainly, in my mind, I'm probably in Trump's mind, it felt like and we'll end it when we want to, that's all.
Speaker 1: Now Iran has a real say in when it ends and how it ends, unless we can force them to not be able to attack those ships anymore. And then the news Financial Times reporting that France and Italy are negotiating with Iran to try to get their ships through. I can't imagine what their bargaining position would be. What are they gonna offer a ray about their leadership? Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Cron will have his panties in a twist when he reads that statement. Huh wow, yeah, you heard me. So a word from our friends at Roughgreens. This is so good for your dog. Your dog is just a beloved part of your family, right and you want it to be healthy and mobile and active and alert as at ages. Rough Greens is not a different food. It's something you add to your dog's food full of nutrients.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is pretty cool. You get to keep using your dog's food, so it's not a major change other than it's just you know, more nutrition you're getting to add to your dog's food, and you can try it for basically free. Roughgreens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. All you do is cover the ship and use the discount code armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at Roughgreens dot com. That's r u f f greens dot com. The promo code is Armstrong.
Speaker 2: We're talking about supplementing the diet with natural antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds to reduce oxidative stress, support the immune defense, and slow age related decline. Good stuff areu ffgreens dot com. Use the promo code armstrong for your free Jumpstart trial bag. You just cover the shipping Roughgreens dot com use that code Armstrong, don't change your dog's food, just add rough Greens.
Speaker 1: Watch the health benefits come alive with. So the Democratic senator there in Michigan came out and said, we've got an epidemic of hate and violence against Jews. And now the Democratic governor Gretchen Whitmer just came out and said that said basically the same thing. We have got an epidemic of hate against an epidemic of anti Semitism, which was a word not used on the newscasts I watched last night. They didn't even though you had two attacks within an hour that were obviously that they were unwilling to connect the dots and claim that we have any rise in anti Semitism or that it's a problem, so that it's Muslims attacking Jews, period. So good on the Democratic senators of a state where they're there are a lot of Muslim voters for coming out and saying what is the case?
Speaker 2: I agree, that's big, That is significant because that's and I hate to even say this, like any insane human being would even consider it, but it is a political risk and something they have been loathed to do in the past because of the huge Muslim voting blocks around Detroit especially.
Speaker 1: Maybe it will give cover to NBC and ABC and whoever else to treat this as what it is. We've got a rise of fundamentalist Islam violence again. I mean, it's beyond obvious that this is a problem. What four or five in a week? You know, even a stop clock is right twice a day. But when was that? My big thing was.
Speaker 2: It looks like the Western world has forgotten that this conflict is still raging, that we've gotten comfortable. The fundamentalist Islam versus civilization has just paused briefly, and here it is again. Well again, it never went away.
Speaker 1: It left our shores, maybe because we did such a good job with protecting ourselves or keeping them busy in other countries. But they've been attacking other countries for a long time. Yeah, this is an interesting one to keep our eye on. We got a whole bunch of updates on a bunch of different stories. We've got mailbag on the way next. Holy crap, I just read Katie's story she had about them. First time ever they've frozen a brain and then thought it out and it's still working and firing and stuff like that. Well, slices of a brain that rode it off yesterday. That looks like it could be what people have been talking about forever, the idea of freezing a brain and then you can thought back out and it still works.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, can we freeze mine for like five years? I'm not enjoying this, this period of America's history, and you're gonna and think it's gonna be better than five years? Man, that'd be a heck of wager. Now, what a great wager that would be. Would I rather live the next five years of my life? Now we're twenty years from now. I'm betting on twenty years from now and you go ahead and get frozen.
Speaker 1: Wow, I wouldn't make that bet with you. Elon Musk has to freeze his head.
Speaker 2: That is such a fascinating question. We got to talk about that later. All right, here's your freedom loving quote of the day. First, you been doing a series about war. This one is not exactly about war, but.
Speaker 5: It's from a great warrior, Douglas MacArthur, who said, build me a son, oh Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid, one who will be proud and unbending and honest defeat and humble and gentle in victory.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a eloquence from the great General. Yeah, wow, Mailbag, see the final sorting. There we go. Drop this note, Mailbag and armstrong.
Speaker 2: You getting out, Jeff and SoCal writes, saying, Frye now makes total sense. You live in the Bay Area. Is that a gay shot.
Speaker 1: At you, Jack might be. I'll not have it.
Speaker 2: It's a little Uh, it's gayish. I can see that it's gay adjacent. Yeah, let's see moving along, Oh, millennial match with a helpful note. Uh, you're talking about why Apple's transcription is so horrible. If AI is supposed to take over long and short of it is Apple's using like basic, out of date stuff, that's time bear split to the industry.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's that's a great question, but a different one, he says. If you want to see what AI transcription is actually like, a better example would be to download an app or use a tool specifically made for this. Popular ones include Typeless, Whisper with no E or whisper Flow. I personally use typeless, he writes, I'm writing this email with it as we speak. It manages grammar and formatting and nails the words with fantastic accuracy. I have over sixty five thousand words transcribed with it today. It made my work production skyrocket because I can tear through emails faster.
Speaker 1: Never Thanks Millennial on Matt. I believe it, but I believe my point is still relevant that so clearly it is not to the place where it's either cheap enough or easy enough or whatever to put it on all our phones.
Speaker 2: I'm mystified why Apple is as bad as it is they are Coop Pertino. You're listening, drop me a note, WOI a mail bag at arms strung giddy dot com. Why is your AI stuff so terrible? Still, Maybe they're trying to develop their own and they're just because they don't want to buy it from somebody and they're just having trouble.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's see Oh Boy, Bob and East Texas on the cow slash lamb story, Jackie related to a friend back in the seventies went on a field tro probably would.
Speaker 1: Have been around nineteen eighty. I'm guessing yeah, field trip in grade school where they walked down to the butcher and they shot a steer in front of the kids and butchered it to show where meat came from. Well, first of all, Bob and E's Texas. It's great to hear from you. He h a number of years ago, he sees on in years uh belong to the future Farmers of America, the FFA.
Speaker 2: In northern California, a group of us went on a field trip to a local rancher and to watch a cow butchering, something we had all seen or participated in anyway. This man, with a large knife on his side, says, follow me, So he did. We were walking down a path when we see a lamb tied up next to the path. If your kids are listening, folks may come listen because they need to toughen all.
Speaker 1: If your kids are listening, make vivolisen. We think nothing of it.
Speaker 2: The man stuff suddenly says nothing, grabs the lamb's head, reaches for the knife.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't even say yeah, I need to listen. I don't have to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I understand the reality of it, but I don't have to look at it or ponder it all the time. Do it so he does what must be done to end the lamb's days, drops it on the ground. He starts down the path again, pulls out a rag, wipes the blade off, and says, we'll come back for this one later. I have no memory of later, and none of us said a word the rest of the visit or afterwards.
Speaker 1: Katie seems horrified by this. But you realize that is where all your meat comes from, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But like you said, I don't have to like it, or watch it or any hear about it.
Speaker 1: You gotta admit for me too, because I grew up around this stuff. It's a little.
Speaker 2: Weird that we're horrified by it. Yet I had Hamburger's last night. Oh yeah, I can't wait to have a lamb chop tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And Bob, I like your punchline, but it would take too much explaining, So thanks for the note.
Speaker 1: Let's see, do we have a minute yeah, oh oh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Not to get serious again, but Matt's talking about the attack on the poor Jewish fellas in San Jose, which got no national attention exactly so, and it did get some regional attention. But he says, I have a friend who got into a yelling match with it a protester waving a Palestinian flag, and they yelled back and forth a little bit about you know. His friend said, if you think this country is so bad, go back to your own country. Protester says, you don't know what country I came from. My friend says, yeah, but it's probably an asshole.
Speaker 1: And that was it.
Speaker 2: Well, NBC News Local somehow somebody ran his plates on his company vehicle, figured out who he was, asked for comment from the company. He was driving an unmarked company car, but they ran his license plate and tried to.
Speaker 1: Figure out who this guy was and how dare he docked him? In effect?
Speaker 2: And you're right, and he says, Joe, you're one hundred percent correct about the Red Green Alliance. Oh my gosh, that's disturbing. Oh all right, let's end on a humorous note. This is a frequent correspondent, Ryan from Houston. He mentions one thing Facebook offers is it gives you memories what you posted each year on that day, Well, sixteen years ago, I wrote I can't wait to visit my mom and ride that sweet, sweet car California Bullet Train. He says, It's crazy to think a person born on that day that I posted it could be getting his driver's license and California is laid the same amount of track today that they laid the day he was born.
Speaker 1: Zero. Wow, that's true, said Ryan, that's true. We got a lot more on the way. If you miss a second, we get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. Please stay tuned
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty