Speaker 1: Welcome to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM paranormal podcast network. This is the place to be if you're ready for the best podcasts of the paranormal, curious.
Speaker 2: And sometimes unexplained.
Speaker 3: Now listen to this.
Speaker 4: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of Premiere Networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 4: I'm Sandra Champlain. For over twenty five years, I've been on a journey to prove the existence of life after death. On each episode, we'll discuss the reasons we now know that our loved ones have survive physical death, and so will we Welcome to Shades of the Afterlife. Did I ever tell you I take requests. I know a lot of people who deal with afterlife and afterlife communication, but I don't know everyone. So we have listener Karen d to thank for this one. She reached out and asked if I could share an episode with Joshua Lewis, who created the Hope spirit Box app. Yes to communicate with your loved ones, So thank you, Karen. Let me tell you about josh He's spent many years studying clairvoyance, connecting people with their deceased loved ones as a medium. He's author of the book Finding Hope in the Afterlife, and he's creator of the Hope spirit Box app and HSB Pro computer program, which uses instrumental communication along with the user's intuitive abilities to communicate with your loved ones in the afterlife. Joshua also hosts a very popular YouTube channel called Hope Paranormal. So here is my interview with Joshua Lewis.
Speaker 5: My story is a little unconventional. Over twenty years ago, I kind of had a rough past. I definitely got into trouble a lot. I had addiction in my life and I had to deal with that and overcome that. And when I came out the other side of that, I was fortunate enough to make some money for myself and some businesses that I had started. And when I did that, I started really focusing more on the spiritual side of what there is. And I've always felt a spirituality but I was curious as to what was out there. I saw shows like ghost Adventures and stuff. I didn't know what to really believe. Were they showing us stuff that was dramatized or was it real? So I just started taking myself out into the field, cemeteries in other places, abandoned buildings, more of a paranormal investigation. And I started recording very clear voices saying my name, saying their name, saying the light, all kinds of other things that they were talking about, and there was no mistake that that was real. I just kept going further, and I didn't realize that I was going to get way more than I bargained for. And here i am over a decade later, and I'm doing some pretty amazing things that I give credit to the big guy upstairs. And that's how it is. But yeah, there was some really instrumental, key moments in my spirituality that really helped me, even before I even got into the investigation part of it. I mean, there was some really awesome things that happened to me. The most pivotal experience for me, I think was I was really at the bottom when I was in my addiction. It was I think in around two thy ninety nine, and I was really down and out know really where to turn, and I kind of burned my bridges with my family, my friends. I jumped in my car around two in the morning. I was driving around almost aimlessly, and I wanted to confess my sins. I wanted to find someone I could talk to. I was in my car, I was praying, and I was talking to myself and I was talking to God, and I was saying, I really need help. I don't know where to go. I don't know where to turn. And I saw this church, and of course the church has closed at two in the morning, but there's this little grotto, this little spot that you can go in and put a dollar in the candle section, and there's a couple of little pews kneelers. I walked in and I was looking over at the rectree. There's no lights, there's no one there, so I just I walked into the grotto. It's the Blessed Mother with the statue and the baby Jesus, and I put the dollar in. I lit the candle, and I kneeled and I was praying and I was crying. Eventually, this little old lady walked in. She was holding this little dog and she she didn't say anything. She walked over, she lit a candle and then she kneeled in the only other kneeler next to me. Again, all I wanted was to confess my sins. But again I didn't say anything to this woman. I actually started praying for her dog. I started praying for her. I thought maybe she needed some help. And that was like one of the first times I took the attention off me and put it on someone else. And she just looked over at me without saying anything at first, and she put her hand on my shoulder and she said, would you like to confess your sins? I thought I was crying hard then, but boy, I started even crying harder even when she said that to me. And she pulled out this little black book in like a priest wood, and she said, you know, you can confess your sins. And I unloaded. I dumped on her. And afterwards, you know, she gave me a couple of the prayers to say, kind of like appendance or whatever. And she went around her neck and she took this thing called a scapular. And it's something that we get like first Holy Communion and I was raised Catholic, but I don't claim to be really religious. I'm just a spiritual guy. She took this off her neck and she said, I want to give this to you. She goes, God wants you to have this, and I said I cannot take that kind of gift, and she said, well, it was my father's on his deathbed. He gave it to me, and I'm giving it to you. God wants you to have it. And I tried to deny it again, but she said, no, you have to take it, and I took it as quickly as she was there, she was gone. But that really shaped my faith. It really helped me understand that there was a higher power, a loving higher power that is there. What it told me was that no matter what the circumstances were, I felt that my higher power could move mountains to put someone in my path if I needed it, And that was unbelievable for me. That situation never left me, that experience never left me, and so ever since then, I've always felt that when I pray and I talked to my higher power, God, he's listening. So that was a really powerful moment for me. She gave you hope. She gave me hope. She gave me houp. That's a perfect way to say it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we need that, we need to know that we're supported absolutely from the invisible source, but also from human beings working through that. So you clean yourself up.
Speaker 5: I've got nineteen years sober now. Yeah, agulations, thank you.
Speaker 4: And you have a family, right, I do.
Speaker 5: Have a beautiful family. I have two daughters with a third on the way. I feel second to none. I've always been an entrepreneur. I've always loved business. I've had some properties and some other businesses, but it's been hard to just continue to do business when I've found out what I have found out. So I've kind of dedicated myself. I make a fraction of what I used to make, and that's okay. Sometimes it is a little tough, but I don't care because I do receive messages from people that I'm working with, patrons, clients, followers that have read the book or use the app, or have had a reading with me or a session with me, and the amount of hope that they get, the amount of peace that they get, it's unmistakable, just amazing. I don't take credit for that. I always deflect and give it up to him, because I feel, just like that lady in the grotto that night, that God was using her as an extension of him. I feel like to help me and hopefully that is how I'm being used at times. That's all I can ask for. So that's really what I'm trying to do on a regular basis, if I can.
Speaker 4: Congratulations. Now, when did you get into the medium side of things and start studying clairvoyance? Was that before paranormal stuff? During that investment?
Speaker 5: Great question. Yeah, So right after I was capturing these recordings on my equipment, my early basic voice recorders and PSB seven spear box stuff out in the field, I ended up finding a medium. You know, I didn't know much about mediumship or mediums. I watched John Works and crossing Over and that to me was like the most amazing thing ever, you know, and some Sylvia Brown and so those were some amazing people, I thought. But a friend of mine said, oh, there's this medium that I know and you should work with her. So I invited her out to come with us out to one of our locations, a place that I already had recorded some stuff there and got some names and I didn't tell her anything. I was kind of a skeptic with the mediumship. And so she comes out and she starts getting names and things that I already had known or picked up through the gear. And so working with her for maybe a couple months, not even she said to my partner Nicki, she said, you're going to start picking up messages yourself. And Nikki was kind of like, yeah, okay, right, you know. And one night it happened where I came home, I think it was around Christmas time, and Nikki she says, you know, I feel a little different. I said, what does that mean? She goes ask me about someone that you know that passed that you've never talked to me about, or you know, asked me about something. And I started asking her and she was dead on right, and she was exactly right. So we were just kind of doing sessions together, just Nicki and I sitting out front, sitting in our garage, just hanging out, and she's getting all these messages and she gets a message herself and she says, you're going to start getting stuff yourself. And again I kind of balked at that, and just like it happened for her, it happened for me where I felt different one night and I felt there was something going on. Once I felt that, I said, lead me in the right direction. You've been leading me in this direction all along. Lead me in the right direction. And that's when I found Debrelyn Katz, PhD. She has the International School of Clairvoyance, and she started out as a Federal probation officer that just went to go get a meditation class and saw that there was an entry level intuitive class for her to take, and she started taking it. So I found her and I signed up with some courses with her just because I felt like, now I have this ability, but I don't know how to use it. I don't know exactly what to do with it or exactly what's going on. And so one of the first calls I had with Debra, she was amazing. She says, all right, she goes, I'm going to do something with you right now. She goes, I'm going to give you a name, just a first name, and I'm not going to tell you anything else, and that's it. And for thirty minutes, I want you to just tell me what you get on this name. And that's a little nerve racking because you don't know what you're getting if it's right. She's not going to give me any feedback, she said. She goes, I'm just going to stay quiet for thirty minutes, and you're going to tell me what you're getting. She says the name Manny. That's all she says. And I'm like, I see this young boy, maybe in his teens, I said. I see him riding like a quad, a four wheeler around in the desert. I see a sombrero. I see him playing a guitar. I feel like I see him smoking a joint. This is all random stuff, and I'm like, I don't know what this means. I said, I feel like he's of mix ethnicity. And so I gave her all these things and then at the end she goes, all right, we're going to stop there. I just want to tell you. She goes, Manny is my son, and he's not deceased. He's alive. And she goes, you know, we live in the desert. He rides his squad, his four wheeler all around. He's got this big sombrero hanging on his wall, and he sits there on his bed and he plays the guitar. And his father is Filipino and I'm white. I don't know if he's smoking weed yet, but she goes, maybe you told on him. But he's a good kid, so I'm not too worried about it. And it was just a really amazing moment because it was an undeniable moment. Maybe it doesn't always work that way every single time, because you know, it's not an exact science, but that, without a doubt, proved to me that when I tune in, I could pick up very accurate information.
Speaker 4: It's time for us to take a quick break, but we'll come right back with Joshua Lewis and find out how this medium invented the Hope Paranormal Spirit Box app to connect with your loved ones. You're listening to Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeart Radio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Stay there, Sandra will be right back.
Speaker 2: Controlling insulin the key to weight loss. Weight Magic product creator Dann pot Number.
Speaker 6: We've created the weight Magic drop. They help control the inflin, also clean deliver and then the weight Magic assoles to increase that metabolism. Not uncommon for somebody to lose a half a pound to a pound a day.
Speaker 2: Weight magic only at healthy looking dot com. Healthy looking dot Com.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network, heard on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you find your favorite shows. Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sanders Champlain and we are with the creator of the Hope Paranormal spirit Box app for connecting with your loved ones, Joshua Lewis. He just finished telling us about his first experiences doing mediumship.
Speaker 5: Here's more, when I tune in, I can pick up very accurate information. So now, three thousand readings later, I've done just mediumship readings alone, without any equipment or anything. It's a remarkable experience. And I joke and I say that I've never done something so much and still not know what the heck I'm doing, because every time I go to sit down and do a reading, there is this little human logical doubt of is this going to work. I can't quantify it. I can't say now I'm a professional reader, even though there's experience there, and I can say I'm a train medium. So that in addition to doing the ITC, which you mentioned instrumental transcommunication, which is using equipment to bring through the loved one. I've done over five hundred Box sessions for grieving parents, spouses, all walks of life. I have patrons that are paying members. They take part in my group sessions or they book a private session with me, and the messages are pretty powerful.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the box, because not many people know what it is. And it's one thing to be capturing EVPs. I've done tons of that. It's a whole other thing to say I want to create an app in a computer program that people can use to connect with their own loved ones.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's true. The presentation that I did at the sci Fest twenty twenty three that was put on by the Monroe Institute and the International Remote Viewing Association, it was a presentation I gave in front of two hundred and twenty people and it was just an amazing experience to be there. But you know what's interesting, I tell this joke in that presentation that you know you're working on something crazy when other mediums and other psychics say what I'm doing is crazy, Like that's just really wild. People have two reactions to what I do. It's either holy crap, it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen, or holy crap, this is fake. And I don't blame them. I have to deal with that kind of skepticism on a regular basis. I feel like I've gotten better at dealing with it, but it is tough because this is different than just giving mediumship readings, or like you said, just capturing an EVP of a yes or a no or something in a whisper. What I'm doing is I'm giving Spirit wordless human sound. So there's no words in it. It's all gibberish. It's reversed, it's slowed, it's chopped up into small two second increments randomized, so it's just human sound. And we give that to Spirit to you use in order for them to take that gibberish and form their own responses with. And I've been proving the legitimacy of it, and I give everyone the same tools for them to use. It's not like it's a proprietary box that only I can work and only I can use. I'm giving everyone the opportunity. The app is free the Hope Spirit Boxes for iOS or Android. It is free for anyone to use, and there's forty thousand active users on it right now, and many people have sent me recordings of their loved ones that they've captured. I can hear them getting direct responses themselves. They don't need me to do that. And then I created the HSB Pro, which is the computer version, which is a little bit more advanced. That is a paid version. It's five dollars a month to use the HSB Pro, which and you can cancel any time, so it's really just for your own research and your own experimentation, so there's no risk. I mean, you can try it for one month and if you don't want to do it anymore, you don't. But the app alone for free is still an amazing tool to use. But that's what it is and what I've been able to capture with the help of my guides on the other side. There's an amazing team of souls on the other side that are working with me. I hear them coming through the person that's getting the reading or doing the session with me. They have to tap into their own connection with their loved one. They've got the connection to the loved one, not me, so I can connect intuitively, but if I'm going to reach one of your loved ones, you've got to be present. You've really got to be asking them to come through. And I send people a very brief, fifteen minute meditation for them to do before they do the session with me, and then that loved one on the other side has to put forth some effort and energy to really come through. And it's not easy. But in every session I do, I capture really amazing responses. I have this follower named Kimberly, and I have many examples like this, but this is one of the coolest ones. I always share this one because it's so cool. Kimberly was this beautiful soul. She was intuitive herself, and she followed my work for a while and then she had cancer and she called me and she said it's terminal. I'm not gonna make it. And she goes, I'm going to have my family reach out to you when I passed, and I would love for you to reach me on the other side. And I said, of course, I'll do that. I'll do that for free. I don't care. I'll do whatever I can. Many months later, her husband, Chris contacted me and said, you know, Kimberly passed and she wanted me to contact you and wanted you to get a hold of her. And I said, all right, So I did a session on my own without Chris there. I just did a session asking for her to come through. She came through. She said that she was okay, and that she's love and light and that she was confirming a lot of beautiful things and it was wonderful. And I sent that recording to Chris and he was blown away. But he said, Josh, I hear the messages. It's really power, but don't be offended. Please. How do I know it's her though? And I said it's a great question, Chris, it's a great question. I said, you know, I can't guarantee that every person I'm reaching is that person. All I can do is intuitively connect to them and then ask for them to come through the box and the equipment. And he said, can I ask a validating question? And I said sure. He goes ask her what the term musk rat means and I said, okay, So I fired up my boxes again and I asked, Kimberly, what does the term musk rat mean? What's that mean to you? And she said it's in the back of my head. We had to shave my head. And that was it. Two responses, and I captioned them and I sent that back to Chris, and Chris he has sent me a text back and he said it was perfect, perfect response. And I said, well, I'm really glad. What does it mean though, And he said, well, towards the end, she was bedridden and she was worried about the back of her head her hair getting matted, so I'd have to lift her head and I would comb her hair, and eventually we had to shave her head. And I would call her my little muskrat. And that was something between the two of them that only they knew. There was no doubt. And so I've captured many responses like that where someone may ask a validating question that you can't spend the whole session just asking only validating questions. You kind of have to believe enough and really exchange love and exchange the communications. And I think it's a fair thing to do. We have to believe, but we also need some evidence to believe sometimes, you know, so really remarkable, So.
Speaker 4: Not just the app. You actually have a physical box, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Have a physical box, and so the app and the program are using inspirations from that, but the app and the program have gone way further than the box. But now it's about really utilizing the tools in the program because not everyone is able to have a box, or to build a box, or to spend thousands of dollars in getting a box. So the app alone, for free, does what the box does and more. The program is an all in one station and it's not easy for everyone to use. Some people will say, well, you know, all I'm hearing is gibberish, and I'm going, well, yeah, that's what the sound source is. So it's either a couple things. Either they're not coming through yet because it takes a little bit of time to work. It takes some focus, takes some persistence and some connection, or they're saying something and you're just not understanding it yet because it's not as clear as you and I talking. But you can get the direct yes it's me, I'm here. The names will be said what color is this, and they'll say the color, how many fingers in my holding on? They'll give you way more than that. But for someone that's a layman that they're just kind of starting out, may take a little bit of time to kind of work it, but anything that's worth it takes a little bit of effort.
Speaker 4: I first heard it about it from a mom who told me about it because she knew I'd done tons of EVP work and I hadn't heard of it, So like, oh, I got to download this whatever it is, and she sent me a couple of recordings she had, and in truth, I couldn't hear what she heard. I know from all my EVP works that we have to use our own intuition with some Some are loud and clear, you can hear the s andl I mean, that's all real. Some we have to use our intuition. And I would never tell a mom I can't hear it. It's that's great. Keep doing it when we are grieving, and I'm sure you've dealt with loss as well. To be able to channel that energy into something constructive is amazing. And I also believe Joshua that when we head over to the other side, it's not like we're given a manual with all information in the universe. I think we need to learn how to do this. And my ninety one year old grandmother this might not be her deal, but a young man that I know that was big on electronics and always on his phone might be a thing you want to talk about some of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's very true. The majority of the people I ask for are people's loved ones, Okay, but I also ask for well known people. And I can't say that I know for sure that I've got these well known people coming through, but I ask for people that I feel a connection to. I've asked for Anthony Bourdain and John Candy, and I've asked for so many different people. And it is amazing how some people on the other side can use the stuff better than others. Like you just said, so, some of the older people sometimes are a little bit slower to get it working. On the other side, some of the younger people, and they work it pretty well. Some of the well known entertainers, I feel like they've been able to work it exceptionally well, I think. But I try to explain the process to the spirit, to the soul as I'm doing it, like hey, I'm going to ask you a question, and then I'm going to slide this gate open and let some sound come out and a little light's going to come on. And sometimes it takes them a little bit of warm up to get it going, and I just keep on working at trying to improve it. What's cool about the program is that it's an ever evolving program for me that I can continue to do things to improve it. Maybe the box is kind of locked in where it's at and I can't do too much to that anymore, but with the program, I can keep on finding ways to improve it. And so that's what we're doing, me and my developer, and we'll sit on the phone for hours and we'll listen to some feedback from other people. And what I'm getting feedback from the spirit saying you need to put a light. Someone said on the other side, you need to put a light there on the box. So I added a light so that every time when you slide the gate open, the minute you open it up, and that's how it works. It stays quiet and the sound runs in the background where you can't hear it. So you pick a sound that would fit that loved one, like a man's voice or a woman's voice, and you have to focus.
Speaker 4: We're going to head to a break, but hey, you might want to download the Hope Spirit Box app and Joshua will give us some instructions and more when we come back. You're listening to Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: There's more Shades of the Afterlife coming right up.
Speaker 3: Hey, folks, we need your music.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's producer Tom at Coast to Coast AM and every first Sunday of the month, we play music from emerging artists just like you. If you're a musician or a singer and have recorded music you'd like to submit, it's very easy. Just go to Coast tocoastam dot com. Click the Emerging Artists banner in the carousel, follow the instructions and we just might play your music on the air. Go now to Coast tocoastam dot com to send us your recording. That's Coast to COASTAM dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is George Nori and you're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Go Stay in Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: Now let's get back to more with Sandra.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sandra Champlain. Let's hear more from Joshua Lewis, creator of the Hope Spirit Box app.
Speaker 5: I've worked with BIX, the Big Low Institute of Consciousness Studies. I've worked with some forensic audio experts. I've worked with a number of other people, and I continue to look for other professional and other institutes to work with. I want to share this work with others. But a lot of people don't realize that in order for the equipment to work, you have to be tapping into the intuition, and so that's not very scientific to scientists. Someone who's going to be very rigid, their results may vary from someone like you or I who know to use our intuitive ability. So if I focus on a loved one or a person, I see their face, I invite them in, I dialogue with them even before turning on an app or a program or a box, then when I go to use the equipment, it will work better. So that's what I have found. We're just continuing to improve it. That's all I can say. I guess, you know, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: Is it important you think that people take that fifteen minutes quiet their mind, talk to their loved one, get into that space. I personally do anytime I did EVP work, I to always create space, create the energy, or visualize it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean there are patrons that sometimes partake in the group sessions and maybe they say they didn't have time to do my little meditation that I sent them, and it will still work because their loved one is still willing to come through. But I find that the results are not as strong. And so the meditation I send people is the brief seven minute grounding where you ground yourself. You visualize grounding yourself to the earth and having like a grounding cord and you, you know, send out any kind of residual, crappy energy that you might have picked up from the world, and you call down the light through you and you really center yourself. And then the second part of that meditation is walking into an astral room and inviting your loved one to come into the room with you and envisioning seeing them there, giving them a hug, smelling them, peering them, feeling them. You know, I say, touch their face, give them a rose. There's a couple things that I have you do in that meditation, and many times people have an experience with that even before they even do the session with me. They're like, I saw them, I had this great feeling with them. So it's almost like you can do that without even having to do a session with me. And I've said that to people many times, just to do when they can't afford a reading or something. I'll say, here, there's free options for you to do on your own. I don't need to make money off you. It's not about that. It's I don't make very much anyway, so it's just about helping you get an experience. So yes, it is important to really focus, take that time and focus and call them in before you do any other kind of work.
Speaker 4: From all my twenty six years sitting in the afterlife, I know that the top way people come through through our imaginations, through our memories, through our feelings, and it is the first thing that people will throw away as it's just my imagination and you know, through being a medium.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how it works. That's what they works, that's how it is.
Speaker 4: So to trust you know when you've given the meditation that that could be that, and keep working on it. I would always say when I did the EVP stuff, make a date with your loved ones. Okay on Tuesday and Thursday at seven o'clock, I'm going to be here. We're going to do that right and let them practice as well. Right, keep a journal, right, because the mind is going to want to tell you that was your imagination.
Speaker 5: I tell people write down these responses because we forget them and our mind starts to discount them. What you've said is exactly right. Set dates, set times, you know. I got to say Pam Johnson, she's got Soulmates in the Afterlife, and she's got this great group where she's teaching people how to have an ongoing relationship with their spouse or with their loved one on the other side. And I had been teaching people that same stuff already, and then to find out that she's got this group and she's doing that. You know. She came to me and she got a session with her husband, Alan on the other side, and Alan came through exceptionally well. He was great. Many of her other members that had spouses on the other side saw that session and they came to me and the things that they were able to say. I told her, I said, because of the work that you've done with these people and prepping them, it's made their sessions that much stronger. When they came to me. One woman just recently, she did a session with me where she was asking for her husband and she said, I feel like my husband is building a house for us on the other side to live it, you know, and to anyone here on earth, that sounds a little wild, right, but we don't discount it because there's so many things that have been already validated. So anyway, so we're doing the session, I'm asking for him to come through the box, and at the end of the session, I offer people not just the session, but I offer a photography session, kind of like what Sonya Ronaldi does, which is just amazing what she's done. I saw that documentary that you were in with her, and so she's really cool. And so I do some stuff with water. Itc digital, itc the matrixing of the cameras and stuff. So I asked him the husband. I said, she feels that there's a house that you're building on the other side. Can you confirm that? And he goes, yes, a big, lovely house, he says, it through the box. And then after that I go to the water. It s it's a bowl of water with a light aimed at it, and you have to agitate the water and you invite them to come and show themselves, and you have to snap a number of pictures, and then it's tedious to go back through and you have to look through each picture and see a lot of times they show their faces. I've captured many faces of the loved one that we can validate with a picture. But this time I didn't capture his face. I didn't capture a face. But in the bowl of Water, almost like a perfect house is shown with a roof, two stories, a porch. I'm telling you it's architecture in a bowl of water. It's one of the most remarkable pictures I've ever seen. So not only was he able to validate through the box audibly, yes I'm building a big, lovely house, he was able to show a picture of a house with a roof in everything.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, crazy and great. Yes, that's great.
Speaker 5: It's great.
Speaker 4: Of course, So somebody right now has probably already downloaded the app. I guarantee you that what advice would you have for people to it? Because to me, it took a little something to figure out, like what it.
Speaker 5: Does, it's an a traditional thing.
Speaker 4: I don't read instructions too well. I just want to dive in and play with it.
Speaker 5: No, I know you'll be anyone else that does that. Now, I totally get that, and I'm like that too. The best thing I could say is this, definitely take that time, like we said to focus beforehand, right, at least do that. Then sit quietly and pick out a voice. There's a number of different see if I can even just pull it up while I'm talking to you. But there's a number of different voice tracks that you can choose. So on the bottom of the app there's a little lifeline thing and you hit that and it will bring it to the box, and then there's a select a bank, so you would select a bank. There's a bunch of different gender tracks. So I'm just gonna pick middle aged male for right now. I'm going to pick that. Okay, So you're going to want to hit record. So when you're ready, everything's pretty much all set up. You don't have to like set any settings or anything like that, Okay, but you want to record because even though you may hear something in real time, you really want to record it so you can go back and listen to it or share it with others, or you may miss it. But when you go back and listen you're going to catch it. So I like to hit record and say, hello, Hello, this is me sending you love. Can you hear me? And then stop? So that's it, and the length of time, and it sounded like something might have come through. I'm not going to go back and listen to it now, but it sounded like maybe someone's sitting here with me listening with me, which happens a lot of times. But when we're opening this gate, we want to hit the record. You ask the question nothing too long, something somewhat direct, and then you just want to slide this thing open for a second or two and then close it, and so there's a little bit of a delay the sound will come out, and then you want to stop recording. Don't open this thing too long, Okay, it's just a second or two, and then close it. And then eventually you can work your way up to maybe opening it up just a tad longer and letting a little bit more sound come out. But that allows for just the right amount of sound that the spirit can use to form their own response. And you're hoping that they're only giving you a two to three word response, because anything longer can be a little tougher to make out at first if you're kind of getting started and know that it's not going to maybe work at first. It may take a little bit of time for you to get it, for your loved one to get it. But it works. It works like there's no question about it. If you read the reviews, some people will say, oh, I didn't get anything, but the majority of the people that left reviews are like, this is amazing. I'm getting direct responses with my name saying yes, I'm right here. There's no words in this thing. There's not a single word. It's all gibberish. I've always asked paranormal investigators, well, how do you think that PSB seven or the radio spear boxes work? And some have thought that they're plucking words from the broadcast and timing it upright to give a response, and I said, no, I don't think that's what it is. And I did a lot more testing to figure that out that No, they're taking the errant sound and forming their own responses with it. So that's how it's being done.
Speaker 4: I believe that one hundred percent all leading stuff I've done, that's totally what I believe. And there's no time they say. On the other side, so what seems to us like a split second to them, oh, they could have been working on it twenty minutes, getting about right.
Speaker 5: I will say that I have had times where I'm late to doing a session and they'll say, we've been waiting here for you or you're late. And I thought that was interesting because as I understand that there really is no time on the other side, I think when they're interacting with us, they have to interact with time. I've had them say, you know, well he waited and he left or something like that, or you know, why haven't we spoken a while? You know someone I've asked for a while ago, and then I've asked for or I'll ask for them again they'll say like it's been a while or something. So I don't know exactly what the relativity is as far as the time goes, but I think that there's some kind of interaction with time still on some level.
Speaker 4: And we have to remember our people there still have their personality. We have to be polite, right, this is a big thing, and they're really working hard to work with us. They are respectful of somebody's time who's alive, right, So we got to the same thing right. We're going to take a break now, but before we do, I want to tell you, as I'm editing this episode for you on my phone, popped, you have some memories. And for those of you who have been listening for a while, my former boyfriend died not too long ago, and so these former memories are with him. Is it him trying to come through? Do we want to do a little experiment while we're together today? Maybe we'll be right back. You're listening to Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM hair Normal podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere. There's more Shades of the Afterlife coming right up.
Speaker 4: Every eight minutes. The American Red Cross brings help and hope to people in need. Thanks to the support of everyday heroes like you, the Red Cross is able to respond to disasters big and small, support military families, help ensure that blood is available when needed, and teach life saving skills like CPR and first Aid. Be a hero donate today, visit Redcross dot org or call one eight hundred Red Cross.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's producer Tom of Coast to Coast, A m and more.
Speaker 8: Sandra starts right now.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Shades of the Afterlife. I'm Sandra Champlain and you're hearing from Joshua Lewis, who is the creator of the Hope Spirit Box app HSB pro computer program. You can find out more about him at Hope Paranormal dot com. But let's find out about Josh's book, which is called Finding Hope in the Afterlife.
Speaker 5: So Finding Hope in the Afterlife, it's available on Amazon, and the first part of it really is my personal story, the nitty gritty of it. I really hold nothing back. I share a lot of difficult I don't say embarrassing, but just very tough moments that I was very vulnerable in sharing that I wanted to do that. But then I really break down a lot of other things. I break down the definitive facts that I have found from doing this work, not the speculative stuff, just on my beliefs about religion, about how some of it can also counter what we're finding. I mean, there were so many things that I didn't know if I was going to be able to put in there, and I almost thought, Oh, that's too heavy or that's too crazy to talk about, and I almost would go past it and not put it in. But I felt the guides and the divine help bring me back to that point and say no, that needs to go in there or whatever. This was my personal relationship with Jesus Christ, which is not a religious thing. This is not about religion at all. I talk about the other aspects of intuitive ability. I talk about the scientific work. I've done experiments in PK in moving things with my mind. I mean, that's pretty awesome stuff I've been able to successfully do that. I've done astral projection. I mean, I did an experiment where I asked three people on three separate occasions. I said, I'm going to visit you at night in spirit that before you go to bed, text me and let me know you're going to sleep, and I'm going to go and meditate, and I'm going to leave my body in astral projection, and I'm going to go into your home and give me permission to do that. I'm going to just tap or touch a part of your body, and in the morning, when you wake up it's like a dream, you're going to just know if it worked. I don't know if it will work, I said, but if it does, you'll wake up and you'll just know exactly where it was in what happened. Just text me. And the first person I did this too. It was actually a client that I helped her with an investigation. So I leave my body and I see above my house and I fly like in a second, and I go to her front yard and I go in her house, and it seemed like her dog noticed when I came in, which is interesting. And I go into her bedroom and I see her right ankle, and I see that there's a tattoo there, which I did not know she had. I couldn't tell what the tattoo was because it was still a kind of a little blurry, but I tapped her on the tattoo on the right ankle. When the next morning she woke up, she goes my right calf, my right ankle, and I did it two more times and it worked all three times. But the last person was a friend of mine, and his right arm was hanging off his bed. And this is like one of my best friends, and so I grabbed his wrist and I really squeezed it. Not that he him, but he's like one of my buddies. We always played around and joked around. But I really squeezed his wrists to see if anything could happen. And the next morning he woke up and he sent me a picture of his wrist. There was a red mark, and so you could tell that that is what's happening. That someone can still affect from the other side, affect this environment, and that experiment really proved that. So there was a number of other things that I worked on that I talk about in the book, and because I really wanted to dive into all aspects of different modalities and different intuition.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh, so glad you did. Yeah, you know, if people can turn lights on and off and change the station, there's almost so many things that we can do, right, I don't know how easy it is, will know once we get there by manipulating it. Why not? And I've been studying a lot and talking to our friends at ions Institute for Noetic Sciences there about our consciousness being outside of our body. So yeah, it's not when we die. What's possible when we're human. And Joshua, I just want to thank you for what you have put in the book, because nobody wants to learn from a person that seems perfect. They don't we want to know somebody's been in the trenches, they've had it tough, and then here's where we're at. And your life isn't perfect. My life isn't perfect, but we found our passion. And better than finding passion is being of service. And I think anytime we set our eyes on making a difference with another person or people, we can't go wrong. Whatever that is. So I really want to thank you for just being real.
Speaker 5: I think what you're saying is exactly the truth. And I'm not knocking anyone. But if I hear someone talking like they've mastered life, they have no more fear, They're like floating on air. God bless you, that's great. If you have reached that level, I think that's awesome. But I am still spiritual, being heavy human experience, There's no question about that. But I'm a flawed individual and I don't want to act like I've got it figured out. I still have doubts, I still get angry sometimes, I still have moments. I'm very human in that sense, and so I'm trying to figure out things. I'm trying to understand things, and I think it's important that I share that vulnerability with you, that I don't have all this thing figured out. There's a famous line in Red Hot Chili Pepper's song It's like the more I see, the less I know, the more I'd like to let it go. And that's really an amazing line, because as I get older, I feel like it's the less I know, it's really not. I think it's just a little bit more maybe humility I'm hoping creeping in. And that's all I'm trying to do is gain a little bit more humility because Senter or Saint, I am his child, and if I can remember that at all times, then I'm in a good space.
Speaker 4: You know, Yes, you are now on my show here we mainly talk about the afterlife, but I know you've got the pretty big YouTube channel, Hope Paranormal, and for people that are interested in delving further into the paranormal realm, I wholeheartedly suggest your website Hope paranormal dot com, but also following you on YouTube. You've had some interesting interviews and you've got a lot going on there, young man.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you. You know it used to be more paranormal ish, I think when I first started out. You know, I still do a paranormal investigation. I hold live events where I'll do a three day live event where the first day we'll do a little investigation at a location, the second day I'll give a presentation on the stuff that I found, and then the third day I'll give a gallery group session for anyone that's in attendance. So it's kind of this afterlife experience that I like to do. But the majority of the sessions I'm doing are more their advanced instrumental transcommunication session, so it's not as much paranormal anymore. Like hope is an acronym, it used to be for helpers of paranormal entity, but I think it's evolved now more into helping other people evolve. That's really what it feels like for me now, but it's been a ten year period of evolving to that.
Speaker 4: You know, I love it. Well, our time is coming to an end. Is anything else you'd like to share before we go our separate ways?
Speaker 5: No, Just again, I have to say that I love seeing you in that documentary with Sonya Naldi. I think that was amazing, and the work that she's doing and the interviews that you're doing, I think is fantastic, and so I hope to work with more and share more about this. But I thank you for the work that you're doing and spreading this around, so I think it's just awesome. So thank you.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. I can't help but share what I love and share people that I love, and you're just real, you know, thank you real. And I think if we can remember when the first cell phones came out, how big and clunky they were, and look what we have now, same thing with your spirit box. You just don't know how that's going to evolve and who may also get involved and create, and it just could be the start of something slighted, really special.
Speaker 5: Thank you special, So thank you look forward.
Speaker 4: Josh is a pretty cool guy, isn't he? And I do believe that it's out of our deepest, darkest, most painful times that we experience soul growth and in that we go on to share and make a difference with others. You might not write a book, you might not create a spirit box app, but just by being around someone else, you might have the perfect thing they need to hear for what they are dealing with. Now, what I'd like to do is just open up this Hope spirit Box app and see if my dear Michael would like to come through. Yeah, and the last segment together, all of a sudden on my cell phone popped up some memories with him, and that's very rare for that to happen. So let's go for it. So my cell phone is in my hand with the Hope spirit Box app open. In honesty, I have not sat for the fifteen minutes and done the meditation, but let's try it. Okay, First I have to pick out the voice, so I'm picking older male two, which won't make him very happy because even though he was in his fifties when he passed, thought of himself as a very young man. I'm pressing the record button and it says, allow Hope spirit Box to use your microphone. Yes, I'll click allow, Michael. I am recording an episode of Shades of the Afterlife, and we want to say hello, do you have some words for me or our audience today? I couldn't hear that, but let's try that again. And let's try that one more time, and I promise the next time I'll follow Joshua's instructions and do the meditation. That sounded like it could have been a hello. I'm not sure as I know with EVPs, sometimes with only a one minute recording, it may take an hour to go through and keep looping the voice over and over until either you understand it or you wish to throw it away. I hope you enjoyed this episode today. Like any EVP work, it's not a one shot deal. You have to practice. Your loved ones have to practice. I'm taking it as a sign that Michael wants to communicate this way by having those pictures randomly show up on my phone while I was editing this episode. You never know. What we do know is that they are around us, they love us, that life after death is real, that our life here matters, and we are a one of a kind, divine soul having a human experience. Well, my friend, our time together is up. I want to remind you come visit me Atweedn'tdie dot Com. Always so many good things going on, including our free Sunday gathering with medium demonstration included. We've got some great medium classes. You don't have to be a medium to participate. It's just an opportunity to experience your soul in action and our loved ones come through. If you're a fan of this show, feel free to give me a rating on one of those podcast apps and let me know what you think. In closing, I'm Sandra Champlain. Thank you so much for listening to Shades of the Afterlife on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast A and Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the Art Heart Radio and Coast to Coast A and Paranormal Podcast Network. Make sure and check out all our shows on the iHeartRadio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com.