Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one on this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan Nuts Dan Patrick Show. Glad to have you on board here in New Orleans. Rich Eisen will stop by on loan from NFL Network South pom Antonio, The Mothership. Jim Harball will stop by. Chris Haynes, our good buddy covers the NBA. The NBA trade deadline tomorrow. I do have updated odds on the player or players expected to be traded this according to DraftKings, They've got odds on who will be traded. Now, Marvin, you follow the NBA, so i'll give you. I'm taking Jimmy Butler out of this. So it's Jimmy Butler and this player best odds to be traded by tomorrow. So I'm going to start with you. This is a big man who has been embroiled in a couple of altercations, maybe with a member of the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 3: From the Suns. I can't think of his name, Vousavich.
Speaker 1: Yes, can I make a guess? Yeah, Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant is down the list Norwich.
Speaker 1: There was a.
Speaker 2: Chitch kitchen, so Usef Nurkic and Jimmy Butler odds on favorite to be traded, and then brandon Ingram, Chris Middleton and then Kevin Durant. But the trade deadline, you know, the NBA hijack the NFL. Normally it's the other way around, where the NFL like Christmas Day, you guys play games there every Christmas. Okay, good, Now you get a little payback here that the NBA is hijacked super Bowl Week. But it did take a monumental trade, you know with Luca now Miles Garrett the possibility that he wants out of Cleveland will be be able to get out of Cleveland. That of course brought the NFL back into the news. But this is one of those that the and Chiefs had been there, didn't expect to hear anything that was controversial. You got Travis Kelcey being asked about are you going to retire if you win? And he's like, no, I want to play a couple more years. Andy Reid, You're going to retire. Why do we keep pushing people out the door. You know, you guys keep pushing me out the door to do this show, and I keep saying I want to stay.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, it's Ross Tucker's time, Dan, you happen to move on.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, I did meet with Ross Tucker yesterday. Doom Doom. Yeah. Ross is like a can I ask you about hosting your show? I said, in a couple of years we can go down that road. If you want to.
Speaker 4: Watch you some more hih cholesterol food with me Dan.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three DP Show Email address dpat dan Patrick dot com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner and our radio affiliates around the country. Our stat of the Day has always brought you by Ben Ineny America. The official trading cards of the program First Hour brought to you by Keeper's Heart. It's the best Irish whiskey in the world, and it's made in Minnesota, and now it's new. They have a unique style that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating a smooth character of Irish whiskey the bold flavors of American whiskies. If you're a whiskey fan, you got to try it and drink responsibly. Pol Question Play of the Day, stat of Today. All of that forthcoming. Dearon Fox makes his debut with the Spurs tonight. Luca met with the media in Los Angeles yesterday and the NBA trade deadline coming up tomorrow. Speaking of Luca, there's a lot of discussion of does Lebron stay, want to stay? Does he wave his no trade clause? Does he end up at Golden State? Is Kevin Durant going to end up at back at Golden State? Kevin Durant might be moved. There seems like there's more talk that they can't move Bradley Beal because Bradley Beal and Lebron James are the only two players with no trade clauses, which is amazing. But Bradley Beal looks like he's going to stay, but Kevin Durant could be on the move. Luca met with the media and he was asked about his on court fit with Lebron James.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we both make our teammates better. Our IQ. He's very high, so I think that's going to help everybody.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm just excited to work with him, work every day here, so every day that goes by, it's going to be better.
Speaker 2: And he looked like he was showing up. It was like a class trip or something, you know, where, Hey, we're gonna go to a Laker press conference, you get to hold up a jersey. I mean he dressed like where he's going to a country club. Yes, PAULI, Yeah, he.
Speaker 6: Had the long sleeved shirt under the sweater. He looked like high end substitute teacher. Look yeah, like mister dogick he can ball.
Speaker 2: He didn't look like he weighed two hundred and seventy pounds, but yes, Martin.
Speaker 3: More importantly, Rob Alinka looked like the fawns. You see his other Jackie yesterday, and he had he was looking like Maxim Grease too, had the sleeves pulled up.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's going on here? Look good? Looked impressive there.
Speaker 7: You have to have the motorcycle right next to him.
Speaker 8: That was kind of weird to be.
Speaker 9: In the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Toad. Here's Lebron James talking about Luca.
Speaker 10: You've got a whirl win t I can only imagine, or I can't even imagine how Luke and Ad and Max Christie and Maxi Kleeber and obviously Huay Chapino with one of our teammates as well. So It's a little bit challenging for sure, especially for me. You know, anytime I you know, I had what six years with Ady win a championship with my guy obviously one of my best friends obviously, so but uh, you know, it's a business, and you understand that. You know, it's a business of basketball. We understand that. And uh, I know he's going to do well on Aaron Dallas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, I have two quick things.
Speaker 1: But it's funny how there's zero talk about Anthony Davis in this trade. Zerosoever. Nobody is like, hey, how's Anthony Davis feel about being moved? No one cares at all.
Speaker 2: But when I asked Charles, who won the deal right now, and he said the Mavericks did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He said that Anthony Davis can help the MAVs winning championship. He said the Lakers aren't going to win a championship, but he said ad Ad can be the missing ingredient there in Dallas. And it feels like the West is up for It feels like every East and West is up for grabs. That are you buying into Oklahoma City when they get to a seven game series, you know against some veterans there, But sounded like Charles was all in. He was in the minority of ad and the MAVs got the better end of the deal. Now, it's got to.
Speaker 1: Be weird to be Luca and sit down at that press conference and sort of riding that line between everybody knows you don't want to be here and you're excited for this new opportunity, you know, like, all right, yeah, dream come true. I get to play with Lebron. Didn't want to, but pretty awesome. It's weird to have, you know, be of those two minds at the same time.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like, hey, you know, it's great to play with Lebron in an All Star game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not every day. I mean't ask for this. It's cool, don't get me wrong, it's cool, but I didn't want it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I had to sacrifice over one hundred million dollars to be able to play with Lebron, like he missed out on the super Max deal. And you know, hey, but you get to play with Lebron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Maverick, Carter will get that back for you. Yeah, he'll get it back for you. Don't worry, you sign deal with us. It's the better.
Speaker 2: Maverick to be with us. Yeah, he's got Yeah, he went from Dallas Maverick to Maverick Carter.
Speaker 1: Hell or we got you, you get a movie, you get.
Speaker 2: A more influential Dallas Mavericks or Maverick Carter, Maverick Carter. Yeah, thank you. All right. Poll question today is gonna be what seedon?
Speaker 1: Well we could start there. Actually, who would you rather play with Slash four Lebron and the Lakers or Kyrie and the MAVs. I mean one of them we just said probably got the better end of the deal in Dallas. But the other one is Lebron and the Lakers just both larger than life identities.
Speaker 2: I would say the Lakers in Lebron. I just I'm not all in on Ad with the MAVs. It now, if you said everything with Ad is it's always followed by, you know, if he stays healthy, that's it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: They went to the finals last year, but that's with Luca and in granted he didn't do it all on his own, but Luca is one of those guys who can carry you in an entire series, one of the few guys Ad maybe years ago, but that's always comes with a caveat and if he stays healthy, I would still want to play in Los Angeles with Lebron. Marvin, what about you going with Lebron.
Speaker 3: Especially in Los Angeles? Yeah, get much rabit?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, todd Yep, Lebron and the Lakers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, I would say Dallas. It seems more steady right now. I don't think the Lakers are threatening this year or next year.
Speaker 2: Okay, it'll be interesting though if gold Golden State. Now, I was told by somebody what day is State? Wednesday? A Monday, that Golden State is desperate, like they have kicked the tires on everybody. They have asked, They've been quired about everybody, and the question is what are you willing to give up? You know, they keep talking about some of their younger players, Well, who are you going to get that? Allows Steph? This is almost it riding into this, you know, the sunset with Lebron in LA and Steph in Golden State, and then you have KD and KD maybe could end up at Golden State one more time they make a run of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pauling, I was just looking at Durant's stats after you mentioned he could be traded even back to Golden State. If you count Seattle he's been on, this will be his He's been on five different franchises, Seattle, Oklahoma City, Golden State, Brooklyn, Phoenix. For all four of those franchises, if you count Seattle in Oklahoma to the City together, he averaged twenty five plus points for four different franchise.
Speaker 1: That has to be a record.
Speaker 6: No one's ever done that before for four different franchises and possibly another Yep, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can give him credit for Seattle and Oklahoma.
Speaker 6: City if you put those together, though, it counts. Still we're at four different franchises averaging twelve years.
Speaker 2: You're combining those as a frenchise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the NBA stats officially do.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty wild, and he could be traded again by tomorrow. Yes, Mormon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Golden State is like that guy at the end of the night, one fifty seven am at the club. You know what, Bobby portis not the hottest girl in the club.
Speaker 6: But let's see you describe my senior year of college.
Speaker 2: Wait, explain your Bobby portis at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: So at the club, at the end of the night, where you're just like, oh man, she didn't want me. She didn't want me. Well, how about her. It's the end of the night. What are you trying to do. You've never been in depth. No one's ever had that moment.
Speaker 1: You know, excuse me, get it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I wrapped up vision at the round. Ten o'clock. Yeah, I'm not going to stay until one.
Speaker 1: Can there mark.
Speaker 2: Ten o'clock. I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, I'm let's see hi shorty, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: The old phrase was I'm looking for an eight at ten and a five at two. Oh that's the old phrase.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's also the uh I thought you were a ten ten at two and a two a ten?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, Todd, It's always a sneaky late round pick, though I can think about it. Look at you go through history seventh round as eighth rounders. You're willing to be patient. You don't where you could get time.
Speaker 2: I was always in the supplemental draft. You know, it's like we got to create a special draft for this guy over here. Hey, how about the guy with the hair parted down the middle of the acne? Anybody anybody? Uh? Oh, okay, hi, how old are you?
Speaker 3: I was in the expansion draft you don't want go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, by the way, it's Dan interviewing Dan tonight. If you're here in New Orleans at Tippatinas, the legendary Tippatinas Music Hall, and uh, that'll be at seven local time. You can go to Dan Patrick dot com to inquire about tickets and joining us there. It should be a fun night with Dan Lebatar.
Speaker 1: The Dan LeBatard. That guy you're with, the Dan LeBatard. You guys are interviewing each other. That guy get out of here, no way? Yeah? What about his cast of characters? Will they be getting interviewed as well? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was told it was just Dan and myself.
Speaker 1: It's just YouTube, but I think we're less fun.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Wherever Dan goes daff it'll be Stu Gotts in all of his producers.
Speaker 1: Would that be way better if it was Dan, Dan, Ran and every that's just jokes.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got an item report, we do Dan.
Speaker 4: This is had to get this in.
Speaker 1: For an IT team investigation.
Speaker 2: The motto of our news team is we don't break news, we sprayed it. Let's go to the newsroom, point Dan.
Speaker 6: Every morning, Sin O'Connor brings around the mako van and Fritzy and I jump into it. It's pretty quiet in the morning, we're waking up, we're texting our wives. And this morning I casually said to Todd, so what did you do yesterday? And Todd said, well, I spent the afternoon in my hotel room and it was actually pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I watched this station called Nola.
Speaker 6: It's about food and drink and social activities to do in New Orleans. He goes, I watched all day. It's all the places you can go to eat, you can go to visit, all the sites to see. It was really great. It's like they brought you to New Orleans. And I said, I go, Todd.
Speaker 4: You're in New Orleans.
Speaker 6: You could walk to these places, you could go out eat at these places. And he just he didn't realize what he's saying. He spent the day watching a show about traveling and visiting New Orleans.
Speaker 7: It's really well done. I'm flipping around the ch channel one on my hotel dial. There it said NOLA, and it's showing all these restaurants and museums and crepes and vignets and everything like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not like you're watching a channel on Italy and you're in the United States.
Speaker 7: I just found it that much more exciting because it's like just minutes away from where I am. All these wonderful things that I'm just in there talking to the owners and managers of all these restaurants.
Speaker 2: And jazzo of walking outside you just said, might as well just stay here in the hotel room.
Speaker 7: I was watching Law and Order and Everybody Loves Raymond and some kind of ghost stories and all these different interesting things that I'm just flipping around, and then I came across this NOLA thing. I'm like, Wow, look at all these fun things and doing only I can just, you know, go go to the elevator and go down to the lobby and walk eight minutes up the road.
Speaker 2: Yes, I see it.
Speaker 1: From me, it did do sort of like I don't know if you guys have seen this, but it's incredible. Is that the NOLA Channel.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you're at hotels and one of the channels is here's how you check out, you know, or like to check.
Speaker 3: Out the pool or the bar or Todd, this is all about New Orleans.
Speaker 6: Todd didn't realize what he was saying in the moment, and seat and I were quiet for about three seconds, and he goes, Todd, you're in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: You know you know you're here right now? Where you could just you could go see all those places.
Speaker 7: I actually google maps some them when because the addresses pop up because they want you to go obviously, And I'm like, forty seven minutes walk.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I guess I could do the eight minute uber, but like I was, I started to knock out somethings.
Speaker 9: I never actually went.
Speaker 4: Forward with me.
Speaker 1: Next time.
Speaker 7: I put in about half a dozen places just to see where these things were. It's like, oh, that's actually not that far from here.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you to just quatch sign walk fresh word. Yes, you can't go wrong Andy.
Speaker 1: It's funny. And sometimes Todd has that like crazy energy in the morning because you could tell he's been alone in a room for twenty one straight hours. So finally I see people. If you guys, do you guys know that I mean, this is unbelievable. Can you see that this is happening? I don't know if you guys are aware of this, But there's Nola Channel's incredible. You should see what they have here.
Speaker 7: You're like and the that's like very nice the southern you know, Southern hospitality.
Speaker 9: It's like someone's doing like an overnight yet.
Speaker 4: When you love to experience some of it, I should get how.
Speaker 1: Great would it be to go see that stuff?
Speaker 7: I did get like a shrimp po boy the other day. That was like my one, my one mid day out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but didn't you go to I don't know, a fast food restaurant here?
Speaker 7: There was a Jimmy Johns I caught my eye. And then there was a subway, and I'm like, I kind of flipped the coin on that.
Speaker 2: There are the trust me, there are really really good places to eat.
Speaker 1: To be fair, the New Orleans Jersey Mikes really is well, it's up there better than the New Jersey Jersey Mikes. It just tastes different.
Speaker 7: They put it as a hintum jumbal lie and they're like, I don't know if they dip it in a little gumba whatever they do, t fe they do something. It's a little creole subway. And and Jimmy Johnson, yes.
Speaker 3: Marvin, you know, Fritzie's a real person, like this is legit who he is.
Speaker 2: Everybody, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'd have any important to oh, Okay, yeah, that is that's still the number one question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is what I get. Yeah, and I go, yes, yes, he.
Speaker 1: Is even more so, you're getting about ten percent of Todd.
Speaker 2: By the way, Rich Eisen will join us coming up. Also, the match will take place tomorrow between back row front row.
Speaker 8: They.
Speaker 2: I guess you were kind of scrimmaging against one another. You were practicing yesterday, but it gets real tomorrow and uh so we'll have that Thursday and Friday on the show. We'll take a break and we'll come back. Phone calls are welcome. Operator Tyler is sitting by AH seven seven to three DP show. Good morning, if you're watching on Peacock. Thank you for downloading the app. We'll take a break. Rich Eisen is next here on the Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Dan Patrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR.
Speaker 11: Hey, we're Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern, but here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get.
Speaker 12: To, and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blubber list jam in me.
Speaker 11: Well you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 12: Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also Uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time. There you go, over Promising, and remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Covino and Rich on the iHeartRadio, AP Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Final Hour in this Wednesday Dan and The dan Ne's Dan Patrick Show an update on the NBA trade deadline. Also we'll check in with Chargers head coach Jim Harbaugh. Just had a deal that was made. Wizards in the Bucks. We can't call it a blockbuster because Luca, that's a blockbuster. We have to change the definition from now on. But you have the Wizards in the Bucks. Chris Middleton for Kyle Kuzma. Poor Chris Middleton. You know that's where you know the Wizards. They are the equivalent of NBA timeout, where you go, what did I do? I didn't do anything wrong. No, you're gonna go, you go into the Wizards. You're getting a time out here. So Chris Haynes, NBA Insider, will join us coming up here in a little bit. Seaton pull question for the final Hour. By the way, good morning on Peacock. If you're watching, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country, iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio. What do you have, Seaton for the final hour on this Wednesday. Well, we got up there. Who would you rather play with? Slash for Lebron and Lers or Kyrie and the MAVs. Right now, that's at sixty four percent Lebron on LA Lakers. I think we're gonna put up there better at the position, Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes. Okay, explain that though, of how we want to phrase that, that Tom Brady at his best Patrick Mahomes. Now, who's played the position better?
Speaker 1: I think that's what we were just kind of kicking around, right who Yeah, who plays the position better?
Speaker 2: Okay? What era are we taking with Tom Brady? The eras that they played in. Well, no, that's twenty years. Yeah, you're not going to do like a five year window like we're doing with Mahomes.
Speaker 1: I mean we're doing careers right, and I mean they're if we're comparing Patrick Mahomes to Tom Brady already, you know we're not taking necessarily a window. We're taking just what he's done so far versus what everything everything Tom Brady has done.
Speaker 2: Right, how much does it bother you that people think Mahomes is better than Brady?
Speaker 1: No, I mean he might be. He might end up being that. I just think it's a little crazy. It was, like, you know, he won a Super Bowl and signed a monster contract like he might get fifteen he might he might just win every single one from here until the end of this contract. I mean that's possible, you know, Yes, it was a little I think Tom Brady had to go this impossible hurdle of clearing Joe Montana and somehow Patrick Mahomes did that in about four quarters of football, and you're like, I don't know, it seems a little crazy to me.
Speaker 2: He was in the hov lane, easy pass when it came to passing a legend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like we didn't. We don't even mention Joe Montana anymore. I mean, just listen to what you're saying. You're like, wow, we got to be fair to Patrick Mahomes. Which era of Brady are we talking about? Where he was awesome the first five years of the last five years. We have to figure out which ones we're going to take. That's I mean, Tom Brady has had two Hall of Fame careers, Yes, yes, yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: So for a comparison, Mahomes right now is twenty nine turning thirty, and I don't know what his stats are this year, but Brady at twenty nine turning thirty was the two thousand and seven season. He was led the league in percentage, yardage, touchdowns. He threw for forty eight hundred yards and fifty touchdowns. Best season of his career, same age as Patrick Balms. Yes, Marvin Brady's best ten years.
Speaker 3: He didn't win any Super Bowls, like individually, I think, yeah, he won to call a couple of MVP awards, went to the Super Bowl a couple of times and lost obviously by crazy plays. But that might be his best. That was his Hall of Fame. He had a Hall of Fame career. We didn't win any Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: So he's had three Hall of Fame careers. I think so, yeah, Okay, yeah, he had three.
Speaker 1: I stand corrected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, Paul, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: A pretty easy case to make. Before the age of twenty eight.
Speaker 6: Tom Brady has three Super Bowl rings between twenty eight and thirty seven. He led the league in touchdown passes three different times. From thirty seven to forty three, four more Super Bowls.
Speaker 4: The Hall of Fame career staying long way Togo pat.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show Daron Fox will make his Spurs debut coming up tonight. NBA trade deadline is tomorrow. Luca met with the media yesterday and Andy Reid says no retirement talk at least maybe another year at least, And I don't blame him. I'd stay on as long as I can. Yeah, you might be losing Travis kelcey, but this organization has proven that they can plug and play as well as anybody you know, except for the Patriots. And really that is the blueprint for success if you look at what they've done, how they've done it. Here is Andy Reid talking about retirement talk.
Speaker 9: That's not part of it.
Speaker 1: I just enjoyed teaching, so I.
Speaker 13: Don't get caught up too much on all of the stats and all the records and all that stuff. But I enjoy being around the guys. I enjoy football of the game. You can't put in the hours that we do and not enjoy it. So I really I love the game. Yes, I'll be back. I'm glad he's gonna have me back.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, at least another year. I don't know if Travis Kelsey win or lose, if that affects what he wants to do as well, But we do tend to push our athletes and our coaches out. Pete Carroll just came back. You know, he's the oldest coach in NFL history. Belichick coaching at Carolina and who knows if he comes back to the NFL. These guys, that's what they do for a living. That's their life. It's not their job, it's their life. And I think that's what's interesting with some of these coaches.
Speaker 6: Yespone, guys like Bill Kauer and Jimmy Johnson are the anomaly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not the norm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's bring in Chris Haynes, senior NBA Insiders soon to launch Haynes Briefs YouTube show, Haynes Briefs. How about a round of applause for them? Sent I like that, all right. I know you're busy, got trade deadline, so if you have to jump, you jump here. Is there any updates anything looming right now on your horizon?
Speaker 14: Well, we just broke the Kyle Kuzma trade to the Milwaukee Bucks for Chris Middleton, So that was one that we've been I've been trying to narrow down for the last couple of days. But now all shifts to Jimmy Butler Kevin Durant. Let's start in Phoenix. In Phoenix, I'm told that it is very unlikely that Bradley Beal will waive his no trade clause, which makes bringing Jimmy aboard all that more complicated. So now there are teams actually actually aggressively poaching the Phoenix Suns and trying to get them to entertain the possibility of letting KD go.
Speaker 9: One of those.
Speaker 14: Teams, for sure, is the way I would describe it. Waite teams are describing is that the Golden State Warriors are very thirsty. They That's the way they're describing the.
Speaker 9: Go To State Wars.
Speaker 14: And so they are definitely one of the teams that tried to see if they can get their hands back on KD. And then what does that mean for Jimmy Butler. That remains to be seen. That's kind of a question mark right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's stay with Duram just for a second. Does KD want to play? If has anybody asked him, would you want to be reunited with Steph Curry?
Speaker 14: I think right now I don't know that for a fact, but DP come on, we're you know, we're hours are moved from the deadline, like these talks have to be going on right now, and that's nothing. That's not anything that I can confirm right now. But listen, he sees the chatter. KD is on social media more than most people. He knows to understand what's going on here, and right now it's like it's kind of it's a weird dynamic right here, you know, being at the fact that they the Sons will possibly move off of KD.
Speaker 9: I'm told it's still unlikely, but.
Speaker 14: There are teams out there that are saying that the Sons have advanced to entertaining and moving KD, So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's Bradley Beal doing?
Speaker 9: What is he doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he doesn't want to go anywhere. I mean, I know he's getting paid and he probably likes living in Phoenix. Doesn't have to play for the Wizards anymore. You're making fifty million dollars a year, might as well just stay there and retire. But he didn't care about maybe going to a team that might win a championship.
Speaker 9: Well, he thought that's what he was signed up for.
Speaker 15: When he don't trade to come to Potix. Okay, you know, I mean the other part is DP. There are teams out there.
Speaker 14: The Phoenix Sons have done their due diligence in trying to see if there are teams out there that fit the description of what Bill is looking for, the signs of check to see if they have interests. Teams don't have interest I mean, listen, simply, Miami Heat. Bradley Beal had interest in the Miami Heat in years prior and that interest was mutual. The interest is not mutual anymore, and that messes up a smooth Jimmy Bradley Beal type swap. So it's not just Beal. You know, he likes to live in a warm weather city. He's one of two players that have a no trade claws, so he's using that.
Speaker 2: Right We're talking to Chris Haynes the Haynes Briefs that will be on YouTube. Senior NBA insider Charles Barkley yesterday told me, you think that MAVs won the deal with the Lakers right now with a D because he thinks that they could win a championship this year. Your thoughts, VP.
Speaker 9: Charles told you a lot. He told you more than that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he kind of made some headlines what he said, Chuck, I love when Chuck comes on your show.
Speaker 9: DP.
Speaker 1: We get some.
Speaker 9: Candidate responses from Chuck. You do a good job of bringing it out. You do a good job of bringing it out. DP.
Speaker 1: What do you.
Speaker 2: Think of what Charles said about the Mavericks with bringing in a.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so when you look at what all right, So let's first off, first of all, I know Nico Harrison was getting a lot of flat for not opening up the trademarket, not to alarming teams that were informing teams that Luca was available. And you know, you can have some gripes about that for sure, but he identified the player that he wanted, and so if that is the player that he and the franchise and ownership group, if that's the player that they wanted, they didn't see any reason to go outside and open it up because, as you know, when you open it up, it's going to leak, and then you've got the public perception.
Speaker 9: To deal with.
Speaker 14: You know, we've seen how the mass fans took Luke being traded.
Speaker 9: So just just you know, think.
Speaker 14: About it, you know, dealing with that throughout the whole process. And so I do agree with Chuck DP. I do think that this roster is pretty good. I don't believe that they're done. I still think they're still making moves. And you've seen what they added Caleb Martin, who is a fine, solid, three indeed guy in this league. And you bring Kyrie to his natural point guard position and ad you know, he talked about it for weeks, not weeks, years, about winning a play alongside a real center.
Speaker 9: He got about three real centers out there in Dallas right now.
Speaker 14: So I do think that they have a really good shot of being a legitimate championship.
Speaker 2: But a better chance to win a title in the next two years Dallas or the Lakers.
Speaker 14: Dallas, I have to go with Dallas. I think La they're in a sort of a transformation going.
Speaker 9: On right now.
Speaker 14: They've obviously brought in Luca to take over the reins le Bron James retired, whether that's at the end of this season or at the end of the next season. But I think now they're going to Lakers have to start bringing in guys that's going to compliment Lucas. So I think the Dallas Mavericks made a move for the short term.
Speaker 9: The Lakers made this move for the long term.
Speaker 2: I like what the Spurs did. Who would have thought that the Sacramento Kings would get more for Dearon Fox than Dallas did for Luca In my opinion, Yeah, I kept saying, if if Wenby gets a legitimate point guard, who can get him in getting the ball, getting in the right positions, I mean, he's gonna be the best player in the game by twenty five.
Speaker 14: Yeah, the San Antonino Spurs, they had a bit of a conundrum. You know I said this before, but you know they had The Spurs had Daron Fox and Trey Young on their radar being who is going to be that next point guard to kind of elevate Weinby's game and take us to the next level. The problem was they did know when to make that shift to start trying to really compete because they're not in a win now situation.
Speaker 9: It's all about growth and development.
Speaker 14: But as you know, DP, rarely do you get star level players saying that they want to come and play in San Antonio and and being being available now. So I think they had to look at the lanscape and understand, okay, the cowboy player that he is right now, and they rolled the dice and they went for it and they definitely made out well in that deal. I agree with your DP.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you. Good luck with Haines Briefs YouTube show. Thanks for joining us, appreciate Chris Pete makes.
Speaker 9: You make sure you make your way over there to the Cafe Do Moon.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Chris.
Speaker 9: You heard it from me first. Take care of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's a food insider. We've heard of Cafey do Mond and our food insider, Chris Haynes joins, you say, yeah, Cafe do Mond.
Speaker 7: Although Fritzie about that on TV in my hotel room that they were talking about that place.
Speaker 2: So if you're just joining as Fritzy spent a good portion of his day and night in his hotel room, and this morning he gets into the Mayo van, he says to Seaton, Hey, there's this channel and it tells you all the great things you can do in New Orleans.
Speaker 7: There was like the NOLA channels, like Channel one right there with the hotel, and it just had one after the other of all these different jazz places and food and cuisine and how they're cooking stuff in different places and museums and historic places you can go.
Speaker 2: And then Seaton goes, you're in New Orleans town. You can go to all of these places, any of these places if you want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we all, like Pauli and I were in the van together and Ty was like, I don't know if you guys seen this, but like the NOLA channels, it's unbelievable. I mean, there's so many things to do here.
Speaker 7: Ye, Well on Pittsburgh, you could actually walk out of your hotel room and see some of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, go for a walk, dude.
Speaker 2: You have the afternoons off. I mean we worked in the morning and then you have the afternoons and evening on.
Speaker 3: I don't have a great excuse not to go see some of those sites.
Speaker 2: Well, you can go see me with and Levatard tonight a Tippetinas Dan Interviews.
Speaker 1: Wait, you could go, but I could. I know, I have the option.
Speaker 3: I have the freedom to go or not to that.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't sound like you're going.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Just that's that's a hard no.
Speaker 7: But that's only if the LeBatard Dang Kittles come on to the stage and scarf.
Speaker 2: I know, don't do that. If you were doing stand up I would come and watch you do stand up.
Speaker 7: You would and then I would get mercilessly ripped for it. There would be major content for no.
Speaker 2: No, that's you can mercy. You can rip me tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 7: Could be anything that's going to be ripped worthy.
Speaker 2: I would come and see you Todd if you were going to got a guilt trip. Yes. By the way, the match, the pickleball match that will be tomorrow. The Dannets were banging the ball around a little bit yesterday, and uh, we showed you some of that. I'm concerned though, I'm concerned with Marvin. I don't know if you've ever picked upper racket before.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, I have it.
Speaker 2: Well, it certainly looked like it, and Todd was surprisingly nimble.
Speaker 1: Nimble.
Speaker 2: Good word nimble would be the word Todd nimble.
Speaker 1: I'd be slightly quick, No.
Speaker 2: Not quick, I'd be slow, Yeah, Todd be very slow, but nimble. We'll have the match for you coming up tomorrow from here at the Exchange in New Orleans. All right, we'll take a break. Jim Harbaugh is set to join us coming up next here on The Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for the Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR.
Speaker 11: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 11: We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to.
Speaker 12: And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for. Yeah, you blubber list jam in me.
Speaker 11: Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 12: Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised.
Speaker 2: Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich.
Speaker 11: Make sure you check out Over Promised and also Uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 12: There you go, over Promising and remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Coavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: All of our in studio guests receive a fantastic gift bag items from so Nos, Traeger, Pannini, King, Sawaian and Rapid Radio. He's the head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers. He's Jim Harbaugh. Back on the program, coach, Thanks for joining us. What's the last time you thought about your Super Bowl here in New Orleans?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 16: Yesterday yesterday, Uh, I was. I was talking to my brother and uh we were we were reliving some of those uh some of the that that week leading up to it.
Speaker 8: And uh in the game and in the power outage.
Speaker 16: And uh, you know, just some of the different uh some of the different plays. But hey, a lot, I think about it a lot almost you know, it comes up.
Speaker 2: Where where are you going? To watch the Super Bowl.
Speaker 16: Uh, I'll be watching it at home, be watching it at home with the uh, with the family and the kids.
Speaker 8: It's you know, it's I wish I was there, you know. That's the thing. I wish I was there with you.
Speaker 16: I wish we were getting ready having a Wednesday practice before the uh before the game.
Speaker 8: And uh. But it's still still just a great respect that, uh that I have for the for the.
Speaker 16: For the game, for the for the NFL, for the the two teams that have have paddled their way and overcome the obstacles to be there. So uh and uh so I'll be watching for sure.
Speaker 2: Could you find yourself rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 16: You know what I do is uh, I find myself really at all times.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, the Ravens, I'll root for the I'll root for the Ravens.
Speaker 16: Uh if we're you know, we're not playing them. Uh, now we're playing them, then yeah, there's there's uh, there's no rooting for the Ravens. But even if even if it wasn't gonna help us, you know, I would still be rooting for the Ravens. But every other game, really College of Pro I mean, uh, in Michigan, I'll root for Michigan, but uh, you know every other one, I just I find myself rooting for the team that's playing the hardest as the game is going on. That's uh uh pretty much how I look at a football game.
Speaker 8: And and uh for a particular team.
Speaker 2: What would Mahomes have to accomplish to supersede Tom Brady in your opinion?
Speaker 16: Well, I mean every time you start making those kinds of comparisons, uh, you know, uh for somebody who they're both great. I mean they're both great. There's there's there's no question that. Uh. But Patrick Mahomes has done with what Andy Reid has done with that team with Spags has done with that team.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 16: And and it's you know what's wa'tsn't this game? I'm really gonna be interested in in the defenses the most.
Speaker 8: Uh you know, the uh.
Speaker 16: The Chiefs, their ability to tackle fan on on all three levels.
Speaker 8: Uh, the line, the.
Speaker 16: Linebacker with the secondary, Uh you know incredible uh opposing Wills Sequon Barkley the year he's had, the way that that that line is blocked, and then Vic Fangio, Uh, you know, the impact that he's had on the on the Eagles defense. I mean, that's that's uh uh, it's gonna be a tremendous matchup. And I think you're gonna see it on the on the defensive levels as much as as much as any It's it's it's amazing. Stags isn't isn't a head coach.
Speaker 10: You know that.
Speaker 16: Uh, he's an incredible coach. And you know everybody in that game.
Speaker 8: Is uh uh you know, it's it's nothing but respect. Then.
Speaker 2: All right, So what was your defensive philosophy against the Chiefs and Mahomes.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it was to contain, to contain, you know, play play the first plays as well as we could.
Speaker 8: And you know he's got he's.
Speaker 16: Got that ability to to to extend, extend the place too.
Speaker 8: So you have to plaster during the secondary h you have you have to.
Speaker 16: Stay with with uh and and do you and do your best to not give him the look that he is incredible at. He is incredible at finding the you know, the man's zone, the man's own look. And and then and then you have to do have to tackle uh and and cover and and you got to play good.
Speaker 8: But he's uh, he's an incredible.
Speaker 2: Player talking to Jim Harball, the Chargers head coach. I don't know if there's this seismic shift, but we saw it with Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen Less passing their quarterback rating goes up. There's a little bit more running involved in this. So was that a conscious decision on your part because Justin Herbert threw one hundred fewer passes this year, but his QBR was higher.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean you want to you want to have an identity.
Speaker 16: I mean, in my opinion, I mean that's uh, that that philosophy of of being physical, being durable, being consistent, and finding the uh you know, the signature play you know the signature uh you know run play that that a that a defense has to stop.
Speaker 8: And then off of that comes play action.
Speaker 16: Off of that comes uh you know, ways to protect it in the in the quick game, the movement.
Speaker 8: Game, uh you know, the the the play action game.
Speaker 16: You know, especially I think some some teams were, uh, you know, highly successful. Philadelphia has been highly successful doing that. The wide screens and you see that, you know they're able to protect uh you know that that running game that way. I mean, that's that's the philosophy, and it's you know, the teams that are really good the team.
Speaker 8: Both teams that are in this game, I mean are are highly effective.
Speaker 16: Uh you know, running the football and throwing the football and uh you know ways to move the ball, uh and not turn it over, not beat yourself, but be able to beat beat your opponent.
Speaker 8: Uh as well, those are the those are key factors to me. How much tackling things.
Speaker 2: How much were you rooting for Notre Dame versus Ohio State a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 8: It was the same. I was the same.
Speaker 16: I found myself just uh, you know, rooting for the rooting for the team that was playing the hardest, and uh.
Speaker 2: You didn't care if for Ohio State lost.
Speaker 8: No, I don't. That stuff doesn't get my head. You know that it doesn't. It doesn't. It doesn't occupy it doesn't occupy that kind of space you know, in the in the in the dome.
Speaker 2: I okay, I'm surprised. Rich Eisen, who went to Michigan. He said, I rooted for Notre Dame one time, and I was rooting for them against Ohio State to beat them. But you don't care. You that you moved on from that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean I look for the for the competition, and I don't think people make a mistake.
Speaker 8: I think they make a mistake in you know, in their in their in their life.
Speaker 16: Coaches make a mistake of letting you know, a certain you know, school or opponent or you know, uh arrival, uh, you know, get in their head, occupy space, had that running around.
Speaker 8: I mean, just the main thing is take care of yourself.
Speaker 16: I mean, uh, you got a team, You got a team that you can coach, You got a team that you can uh uh, you know, do everything in your power to uh to make better and you know attack that, you know, attack that.
Speaker 8: That's uh, that seems the better way to go.
Speaker 2: Are you and Pete Carroll on friendly terms? Now that he's at.
Speaker 8: A battle a lot of battles, a lot of battles?
Speaker 2: But are you friend? Are you friendly ish now that you're in the same division here? How's that going to be at the end of games?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's it is it's a respect that I have respect for him, you know, I mean, uh, you know, the competitor that he is, that the teams that you know that uh, you know he produces, and yeah, we just we just talked the other day on UH on Sunday as a matter of fact, and there's a you know, I'd like to feel like.
Speaker 8: He's you know he he Uh he's got.
Speaker 16: That you know, the same kind of you know, uh you know, competitive respect.
Speaker 9: Uh you.
Speaker 2: Casual conversation with Pete. You're dialing him up. What have you see him on the street?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 16: We were talking about uh, we were talking about uh about about coaches. He was he's putting his staff together and uh, you get a few recommendations from from folks that I had coached with before.
Speaker 8: But uh, that.
Speaker 16: Was good, you know that was that was that was the hey man, here here we go again, you know, like, uh, we've.
Speaker 8: Had some battles and about the about to have them again.
Speaker 2: I think you need to go in the weight room get ready for that that first game with uh with Pete. After the game, I think you need to bulk up again, Jim.
Speaker 8: No question about it, no question about it. You're going to hit the training environment hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh got a good year for that. I'm getting the old iron horses. Uh.
Speaker 16: He's going in for some fine tuning, you know, I've got uh got my hip replaced. Uh, thirteen days ago, and I got getting a arrhythmia taken care of and uh doing doing, doing.
Speaker 8: Everything in my power to get it as healthy as I can.
Speaker 2: How are the guns though, how do you tell you looking?
Speaker 8: I mean, uh, not as good as my dad.
Speaker 16: You know, my dad is that got these natural uh you know biceps that I got.
Speaker 8: I gotta work a lot harder at it than I get that. I didn't get that.
Speaker 2: You didn't get that gene. No, didn't get that. Uh you're joining us on behalf of in Vivid, uh, the American biotech company. You want to explain what what they're doing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, sure, Uh appreciate that.
Speaker 16: Speaking of health, you know, like I said, you know, I mean you get to a point them and I was like sixty years it seemed like I just uh blue twisted steel and and now uh you.
Speaker 8: Know, in a few repairs. But uh yeah, in Vivid, you know, it's COVID still.
Speaker 16: Here and we everybody's sick of talking about it, but uh maybe, but it's still here, and there's there's long term effects and especially for uncompromised individuals.
Speaker 8: You know those uh those that are fighting cancer organ transplants.
Speaker 16: I mean they're they're especially susceptible and just letting people know.
Speaker 8: There's there's options. Uh not a doctor. You know that, well, Dane.
Speaker 16: Uh, people should talk to their doctors about what's best for them.
Speaker 8: But uh, but check out the website.
Speaker 16: Expand their options dot com, Span their options dot com.
Speaker 2: Could we get your hip the old one for the man cave that I can just kind of put it int you know, glass enclosure.
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean that's like, Uh, I can't believe I didn't think of that.
Speaker 8: You know. It's like when you get your tonsils out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember when.
Speaker 8: I got my tonsils out when I was six.
Speaker 16: I don't still have them, but I remember, like that was the coolest thing that the doctor gave me.
Speaker 8: Gave me my tonsils, but I kept them in a jar, you know.
Speaker 16: I had them in the uh in the room for a while until we until he made a move, I think, and then they something happened to him.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I've been check on that to see if that hip is still there.
Speaker 2: But you know, people should understand, ye, right, you didn't need hip replacement surgery. You just it was elective. You just did it to show how tough you are. And I respect that I respect that coach.
Speaker 8: I want the titanium, you know, I want the ceramic ball of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ready to go. I love it. I love it. Have fun in the off season whatever that means, it means attacking.
Speaker 8: That means attacking when just today.
Speaker 2: No vacation. What do you the kids deserve a vacation something here they're playing.
Speaker 8: Sports, they're doing they're doing their thing. Uh could be Uh, yeah.
Speaker 16: There's there's some there's some time with the family, but uh, you know there it's just.
Speaker 8: Another day to attack a day. But the enthusiasm unknown to mankind. That's that's why we're treating us well.
Speaker 2: Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 11: Nobody after that one, nobody.
Speaker 2: Nobody, Thank you coach, Good to talk to.
Speaker 8: You again, great to see, great to talk to you.
Speaker 2: That's Jim Harball, Chargers head coach. No Body still love that story. You know, parents that convince them that, hey, everything's good. We don't have much get to basketball, go dribble, can't drive in the car. Who has it better than we do? All right, we'll get to phone calls, coming up close up shop. What we learned, wats in sort of marrow when we come back. We have the MVP the Snake Draft. That means, well, we'll decide who goes first, who goes last. So whoever goes first, you're going to go last in the Snake draft. There for the the MVP.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's going to be pretty interesting when we get down to picks like eight, nine and ten in that Snake draft.
Speaker 2: Yes, it will.
Speaker 1: How about Jordan Love Justin Herbert Save, You're worthy, Save You're worthy, Baker me Pield.
Speaker 2: No, it's not gonna happen, all right, So we'll take a break. We'll get the phone calls, what we learn, what's in store tomorrow, the big match tomorrow with pickleball, and judging from what I saw yesterday with the Dan Netz, it will be interesting. I don't know if it will be athletic, but it will be very interesting. And Marvin, you got to get a little bit better really soon, because you did not look natural at all. You're probably the best athlete and you look like the least athletic yesterday on the pickleball court. You think so, Yes, I do, and I'm not alone.
Speaker 1: Yes, please tell me who else said that?
Speaker 2: Paulie? That is erroneous, Todd, I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Seaton.
Speaker 2: Okay, I heard people whispering. Nobody's willing to go on record. I'm just going to tell you all right, we'll take a break. Welcome back after this and the damn Pad trickshell