Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and no he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Elon Muss sent an email to federal employees telling you to list five things they did last week or they would be fired, which was easier for Elon to do because all five of his were got a lady pregnant.
Speaker 2: And yet another Elon baby over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Number fourteen announced Jetty's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, it is something. It's I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's the most underdiscussed part of his personality.
Speaker 2: Whatever's going on there.
Speaker 1: I think I may know what's going on there. Don't know that. We want to get off on the tangent. Okay, I do want to talk about Saturday Live a little bit later. So the sketches were hilarious with Shane Gillis, but man, it was edgy, edgy stuff, oh racially sexually, so much further out there than they normally are. He must have had a big role in the deciding of the writing or whatever. M watch some of the oscars last night.
Speaker 2: I know you didn't. Nobody did. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Why I never hear anybody bring up what I think is what killed the Oscars more than anything, even as much as the lectures was when they went from five pictures to like ten or twelve or whatever. You just can't wrap your head around. I think that's the biggest change that happened. So instead of I've seen two or three of the five and I know what you're talking about, most of the time, it's gone to maybe I've seen one of two of twelve.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, and I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Who any of these people are, what you're talking about, are in your jokes or anything, And it's just so irrelevant, you know, not to mention the lecturing in Hollywood and just everybody got sick all that sort of stuff. Conan hosting I thought was so great. His musical number, I'm Not Going to Waste Your Time was really really funny with his various time wasting things that he jammed into I'm not gonna waste your time song like the worm from Dune playing the piano and a variety of other things. But the funniest thing he did if you didn't see it, because I know you didn't. It was a four hour telecast in the middle of it, he had the the LA FD, the LA Fire Department come out and tell jokes that he didn't think he could get away with because they're wrote so respected for fighting the fires. So has this firefighters come out and ask them tell some jokes, which was really like uncomfortable and funny and in the way that Conan always is really like that from the actual Oscar broadcast though, And I'll just just give you two little things that happened that I really really really couldn't possibly stand any anymore. First of all, they they no longer show snippets, so when they when they when you even get to the best categories, I waited to the final four right Actress, Director, motion Picture. I just wanted to see that last fifteen minutes to see if my Bob Dylan movie one, which it didn't. They don't play little clips anymore from any of these, so if you didn't see me, you don't have any idea what's going on. Then they announced the winner. The winner goes up there and they don't have on the screen who they are, what they were in, So I mean, you couldn't possibly be less interested. Wow, And I don't know why they decided to do that. Also, hooray for Hollywood and yea for you girl power that they moved so now they now do actor, director, then actress, then picture. They moved actress to write before best Picture to empower women or something. Yay for you, I mean so transparently, Hollywood. I mean, just like a nice little reminder in there of why we hate everything you do that you may change.
Speaker 2: Whoop the s or fine or flip a coin. Nobody cares.
Speaker 4: And then one more thing I've always hated in awards shows when they play people off when they're in the middle of something interesting in their speech. Then along comes Adrian Brody last night, who I used to like, and he wins Best Actor and he gets up there and he rambles on about nothing. I had no idea what he was talking about, and nobody else seems to understand, either something about art and place in the world or something like that, and they start to play him off. He said, no, no, I've been here before. This is not my first rodeo. You're not gonna play me off. And then they take the music away and he rambles on for like another's two minutes. Everybody's like looking at their watch or tapping their television.
Speaker 2: Dude, get off the freaking stage, give him the hook. What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: So? Yeah, and that was the that might have been the absolute death knell of acceptance speeches.
Speaker 1: Somebody needs to invent the compelling meter. And if you're not above a seven, we're.
Speaker 2: Playing you off.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: No, he's not our fault, it's yours. You're not compelling right now?
Speaker 4: How many times have I seen him play somebody off when they're talking about my parents died and their last wish was and then they start the music.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, not now.
Speaker 4: But if they're rambling about, go ahead and get him the hell out of there. What's the name of the movie that won and Cora something like that, Whatever it is, it's a it's a dramedy about sex workers. But I do like the fact that it was not giant stars and made for six million dollars, which, as one critic pointed out, that's probably about the worth of many of these stars second Home. But the idea that you know, you don't need a ton of money to make a big blockbuster film. I went to or to make a successful piece of art. If that's what you claim you're into of course that's not what they're all really into. They're into making money. I went to Captain America on Saturday night. Couldn't have been a bigger piece of crap. Oh my god, it was just horrible. And my kids said that that the first thing when we walked out there. Geez, that was awful. Too long, too convoluted, just just way too much everything. But the thing that stuck out to me the most, and maybe I've got this in my head because of this new Tom Cotton book that's out Seven Things you Can't Say about China, is this whole United States versus Japan scenario that they dug up here for Captain America. And China is never the bad guy in any movie, which Tom Cotton writes about in his book. And it happened once years ago in that seven Years to Bet movie, and all the movie studios got punished for it. And so now nobody dares have a Chinese bad guy. When we were kids, because Joe and I were old, the bad guy was always a Russian, maybe in East German, but you know, a communist of some sort. Now you can't have the number one foe of the United States on Earth, who we're going to be battling for all of the rest of our lives as a bad guy in a motion picture.
Speaker 2: What crazy is that? Culture? I get it one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: In terms of the business, if Hollywood quote unquote has decided, well, no, the Chinese market's too important and so we're not going to antagonize them, that's fine. But you have chosen your business over any sort of claim to being a moral force or you know, any sort of influence on society whatsoever. No, you've you've made a choice. Or I mean, it's not like they're letting the French off the hook for being a pain in the ass. They're letting communists China, a malevolent superpower that tortures and slaves and commits genocide, off the hook for that stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, well and one or the other. And you're constant mentioning throughout the oscars. I don't about last night because I only saw the last twenty minutes really, but you know, over the years, all the we reflect life back to you in a way that blah blah blah. You're not reflecting life at all if you're leaving China out of the entire conversation. How how did we get so off track that at some point the Oscars mattered.
Speaker 2: I was trying to remember that last night. Why that was?
Speaker 4: Why was that the number two what most watched show in America every year? Why do we think they were royalty?
Speaker 1: It all seems so silly now, right, Well, anybody thought they were royalties a soft head. But I think it's because, you know, movies, when they're not annoying the crap out of you, are an amazing art form and they can be incredibly powerful or funny, memorable the rest of.
Speaker 2: It and the people who make them we were.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it, but the whole self importance thing just just ruined it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, it seems I can't wait to hear the ratings. I'll bet I'll bet they were quite low.
Speaker 1: Marlon Brando, he screwed up when you sent that fake Indian lady.
Speaker 2: To go get his oscar back in the day. Was that seventy one? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was the he was the George Washington of screwing up the hospital. Of course, here's completely nuts.
Speaker 4: God, watching that Marvel movie, I just thought, how how dumb are we as a culture that like this is our big expression of the motion picture industry, this sort of thing.
Speaker 1: When they're done designing a compelling O meter, they can design a crappyometer. And I would like to see the raid of two very different steaming piles of dung, that Captain America movie and the transgender cartel Boss movie that I watched taking one for the team, because that was a tedious horror and they got shut out more or less except for the one or nobody cares, but yeah, which which one? Because they're they're they're horrifying in such different ways.
Speaker 4: I really wish that the lead of the trans movie hadn't bad mouthed the whole Black Lives Matter George Floyd thing. Oh I know, because otherwise they would have won all the awards last night. You know, they would have, and it would have been the absolute final nail in the coffin of the whole thing would.
Speaker 2: Have been hilarious, absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 4: It's funny that the star wasn't fun I was trying to explain this to my kids and they were having trouble grasping. So she I can't remember is it he or she? Or I don't I don't. I always get the trend just like the time change. I can't get straight who changed to what? But the trans actor bad mounting George Floyd and they couldn't understand. But but they're trends. So don't people let don't they like me? No, no, no, there's a pecking order on these things. And you have to be all in on everything. And I said, you got to be all in on climate change, you gotta'll be all be in on anti Trump, you got to be all in on the Black Lives Matter, you gotta be all in on trans there's like one that I've left out and.
Speaker 2: The whole intersectionality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if you if you leave one of them out, you're out of the pack, and you're just you're out.
Speaker 2: They kick you out. Did you mention Palestinians? That might have been it? Uh?
Speaker 4: But if you leave one of those out, you're kicked out of the pack. And then this person was on the wrong side of Black Lives Matter. So sorry, you can be as trans as you want all day long. You're out of the pack. You probably don't care about climate change. You probably drive a diesel truck.
Speaker 1: What do we call it? Was it the NATO of woke? Yes or something like that. Yeah, an attack on one is an attack on all, absolutely, and that is the way it works.
Speaker 4: That's too bad that happened, though the Oscars would have been so good last night. Oh god, I'm gonna watched the whole four hours probably right.
Speaker 1: My only question if that horrible and it's on Netflix, the transgender Amelia, that Hernandez or whatever it's called, it's on Netflix, I would encourage you to watch some of it because it is definitely of the so bad it's good genre for a while, It's incredibly long, and it just would have been interesting to see if it had won awards, and because nobody's seen the damn thing, if people start flocking to it having heard that it's, you know, God's gift, and it would have been interesting to see how many people would come out of it saying, oh, oh my goodness, it's just a cinematic achievement because they'd been told to think that.
Speaker 2: And how many would come out and say, honestly.
Speaker 1: That was a tedious It was like being punished for something.
Speaker 2: It was as idiotic as it was boring.
Speaker 4: Would it anybody on the left had the guts to come out and say, look, I'm up with tre but that was crap right, probably not coming up, how the government's spending, federal government has grown, and where the money's actually going these days. And of course we got more on the fallout from what happened in the Oval Office on Friday, which really should never happen again.
Speaker 2: There's got to be a way to work these things out. I am.
Speaker 4: I'm happy that I've now had a glimpse of the sorts of things I've read about my whole life. I've only read about them when they happened behind closed doors. I'll hear about them years later, but now I know what they look like. A lot on the way, stay here. Lindsey Graham turned hard on Zelensky on Friday afternoon, as did.
Speaker 2: Who OH speaker Mike Johnson. We'll get to some of that stuff coming up.
Speaker 4: And I think one of the more important questions I want to hear Joe's opinion, suit or no suit?
Speaker 2: How big a deal is this suit? Oh, for the love of god, how big a deal is a suit? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I accidentally just answered that, are you kidding? Seems to be a really big I'd rather talk about the oscars. Just the first thing Trump said to him, I can't even well, you might not know the whole backstory, so I'll bring that to you at the bottom of the backstory coming up. Yeah, yeah, you know, I'm just going to express this and then we can move on. No matter which way you swing politically, unless you're a lunatic, there are going to be parts of your coalition that you're not real crazy about. It's just part of being in a two party system anyway, how government spending has grown and where the money is going really interesting analysis that surprised me in a couple of different ways and did not surprise me at all in others. The increase in government spending over the last decade is not as big as it appears because of population growth and inflation.
Speaker 4: And so population growth I can't imagine. But inflation, yeah, of course. Yeah, that makes when.
Speaker 1: Your population grows, you get more revenue and you spend more. Anyway, we have been running deficits for nearly twenty five years now as a country. The deficit is what happens in the budget every year. The debt is when you total all that up, and they say it's partly due to structural gaps between tax collections and federal spending. That's the good old we want a bucket a quarter worth of services for a buck and partly due to emergencies that prompted significant tax cuts and spending, although that's always going to happen now and again, it's like the Rainy Day Fund.
Speaker 2: It's not an excuse, it's just an explanation.
Speaker 1: So as so, adjusting for inflation population, it shows that spending still climbed in the last ten years, but not as much as it might seem. And they get into some of the complexities of it. We don't really have the time, and it's complicated if you don't have the numbers in front of you.
Speaker 2: But I'm an important part in a moment. I hadn't thought about the inflation part.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I'm shocked at what everything costs all the time, I should be shocked even if there wasn't an increase in spending in how much debt you know, or deficit we come up with every year, because it's you know, it would increase. Also the same way my son took a girl to lunch yesterday. He asked me for some money. I gave him forty dollars. I expected to get a good deal of change because he went to Cane's Chicken, Caine's chickens fast food. He comes back and he gives me like a quarter and three pennies. I said, how many people did you feed? So it's just me and Hercus forty dollars for the two you eat a Cane's chicken.
Speaker 2: Wow yeah it does. Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, they've got this weird graph. I've never seen anything like it before. It's it's blobs representing the amount that is well the are spending on Social Security, National Defense, Medicare, other health, et cetera. And the size of the thickness of the blob indicates how much of the budget is. And then the blob kind of is like a bullet constrictor with a pig in the middle, except that boel constrictor's kind of starvin or got squeezed or something, and we're twisting blobs of bowl constrictors.
Speaker 2: Anyway, here's the takeaway.
Speaker 1: Social Security is number one, and is still number one, but even more so.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: National Defense, which as of you know, twenty fifteen, because we're talking about the decade, was number two and briefly number three below Medicare has now plunged, plunged to fifth place, and net interest has gone from second to last of the ten or so of factors here in a rather skinny little bola constrictor up into third place above even medicare.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what do you want keep talking about? And he's right, Yeah, I got I'd say, okay, suit or no suit? Why that's uh what Joe thinks of that? Among other things on the way.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty, why.
Speaker 2: Don't you wear a suit? Why don't you wear a suit?
Speaker 5: You're the highest level in this country's off of this and.
Speaker 2: You refuse to wear a suit. I just want to see if you do own a suit. Yeah, yeah, problems. A lot of Americans have problems with you.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I will wear a costume after this war will finish.
Speaker 2: I thought that question was incredibly out of line. Or where? But where are you?
Speaker 4: A lot of a lot of people that I really like, some of my favorite pundits, they said he should have war a suit.
Speaker 2: I have no opinion really on it. Uh. It doesn't bother me that he doesn't wear a suit.
Speaker 4: But Axios reported yesterday that the Trump administration told him show up in a suit. Him not showing up in a suit when the White House said, show up in a suit is a bit of a I don't give a crap what you think, no doubt, and it probably didn't help things. I mean, if you if you saw that when they first came together, and it was on TV while we were on the air, they had audio there when Zelensky gets out of the limo and Trump's standing there in front of the White House and they meet right there with the cars park and Zelensky walked up and Trump said, Hey, I.
Speaker 2: See you dressed up.
Speaker 4: First words he said to him, Wow, So that's stuck in his craw that Zelensky did not wear a suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got to admit I'm not with the crowd on this. I think it's a lame argument. Zelensky says, like Churchill, did I wear this in solidarity with our men fighting on the on the front. And if I was the president, I'd say, oh, okay, I don't think insisting you wear a suit, and when he hasn't for years since he got it invaded, that has no significance to me.
Speaker 4: It doesn't to me either, But you're not Donald Trump. And Rich Lowry rights in a National Review. I was going to read it later but one of the things he mentions is.
Speaker 2: You got to have people.
Speaker 4: You got to realize who you're dealing with. I mean, if you're trying to accomplish a deal. I mean, we've been in this situation before. I've had to swallow my pride a gazillion times on various things because of the things that set other people off or that they want to get what you ultimately want. And Rich Lowry rights in the National Review. If your people are smart, they would have told you, look, Trump really cares about the suit thing. So wear a suit, and you just swallow it, and you wear a suit even though you said you wouldn't because it matters to Trump, because ultimately what you want is the help.
Speaker 2: Of the United States.
Speaker 4: That's the only argument I'd make toward wearing a suit. The fact that it actually matters is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could absolutely be described as a different sort of self discipline, where you will, whether it swallow your pride or what have you, do what is best for your long term goals. I mean, you are essentially being self serving by acquiescing in that moment, so you could describe it as self discipline. On the other hand, there is a line you cross where you are being obsequious and allowing yourself to be humiliated, and that's.
Speaker 2: Not good for the soul.
Speaker 1: And that is also if you cross that line, that's an indication that the deal isn't worth getting. I'm not saying that that's the case here, but everybody has to make their own decision on that. You know, we've talked with the wry, bitter humor about prisoners. What do we justice department involved individuals? What do the woke crowd want to call inmates these days? Capitalist victims? Exactly, victims of the patriarchy. Anyway, We've seen parole hearings where the inmate says to the pro board essentially I don't like anybody telling me what to do right.
Speaker 2: Now, and they're like, yeah, well, I think you're right. You need to be chump. Okay.
Speaker 1: That's like one extreme of I'm not even going to that's kind of like the hard ass, tough guy. I'm never going to give an inch even if it would change my life, you know, enormously for the better. Then at the other end is you know, the obsequious person who just endures humiliation after humiliation hoping that you know, it all works out and they're.
Speaker 2: Going to be miserable too. So everybody's got a druther online. Yeah, that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: I uh, I don't think it should matter, but it mattered to Trump, and if h I think so. The New York Post is reporting that a bunch of Democrats met with Zolenski before he went into that meeting, and they were telling them, you know, hold your ground, demand security guarantees. And I think maybe even the article said, you know, don't don't wear the suit you're in, you know, this is your state, committed to yourself or whatever. So I don't think he got good advice from the Democrats. And then there's some other theories that Democrats were there to blow it up.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's the case, but I think they they missed, miss miss advised him, right, if that is exactly what happened. So there's that issue, the whole suit thing. The guy asking the question, I mean, Jesus, all the things going on in the world, in the number of.
Speaker 2: Lives at stake, to have the question, why do you want a suit? Do you even own a suit? Well that was.
Speaker 1: Because he was crawling up Trump's behind. The report of the graphic metaphor. Yeah, the reporter was just currying favorites Trump ros. That's one of the trends right now, especially in alternative media. There are opportunities now available to make your name in a way that was never possible before because you didn't get a sniff of wow, that's a really you thought that last metaphor was. First of all, I'm not even where did that metaphor come from. That's I supposed to be happy if somebody does that to me. I'm not happy if you do that to it.
Speaker 2: It sounds painful at best. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the idea of getting a seat at the table of major media and making your name and people.
Speaker 2: Saying, wow, who is that?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll tune in I was just impossible because the bigfoot media controlled all of it.
Speaker 2: And so there's this enormous hunger to get that ticket, to ask that question, to be there in the briefing room.
Speaker 1: But the way you get that ticket is to perform the aforementioned physically impossible act that I was describing, and that is prove how completely obedient and obsequis you are to Trump world, which is not something we're going to do around here, even agreeing with him as much as we do.
Speaker 4: Well, back to the players in the you know, budding world War three, as Trump kept saying, you want world War three, You're going to drag us into World War three, Lindsey Graham apparently met with Zelensky and said, just smile and say thank you. Smile and say thank you until that little meeting's over, and then get behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: Senator Lindsey Graham's advice was to Zelensky. That is clearly correct. Uh. Yeah, although a lot of that stuff would have been hard to sit there and listen to.
Speaker 2: Man. Oh wait up until the blow up though, it was quite congenial.
Speaker 1: Yes it was, and it went on for a very long time until that very last question.
Speaker 2: I'll read this text.
Speaker 4: I wasn't planning on reading it yet, but Vance finally said something because he picked up on what I was picking up on the whole time. Every time Trump brought up making a deal, Zelensky responded by saying, he needs our support to defeat Putin. They were not talking about the same thing. That is part of the problem, and that's what you that's why you know, you always talk about this and in diplomacy, thing.
Speaker 2: You work all this stuff out ahead of time.
Speaker 4: By the time you sit down together, the deal has been you know, the all the eyes have been dotted, teas have been crossed. They sat down with different ideas. I think Zolensky came in, Yeah, I'm gonna sign it if you give me assurances, and Trump had he was under the idea that he's going to sign it and then we'll talk about, you know how we're going to help you out. And if you fear that far apart, the argument can get pretty heated pretty fast, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, and to have it in public like that was just a horrifying miscalculation for Zelensky. Maybe some folks think he was forced into it or baited into it. I don't know, but I mean, it's like you can have a big blow up with your spouse before you get to the dinner party, or at the dinner party.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And if it happens at the dinner party, that's completely different.
Speaker 2: Now it's all on the table.
Speaker 1: Your differences are out in the opens, say, and you will be answering for that for a very long time, as opposed to it's before it. Everybody keeps a smile on their face. Then you get home and you work it out. It's it's a it's a horse of a different color. It's it's you know, the difference in degree, that is a difference in kind or whatever you want to however you want to describe it. Now it's busted. And where it goes from here, who knows.
Speaker 4: As I've said, I don't think the suit's a big thing. I can't believe we're even talking about it. But I do think that's what set off Trump from the beginning, as it's the first thing he said to Zelensky. I will say this for the other side of the argument, which I know a lot of you feel like he is, you know, denigrading the the r oval Office, the People's office by not wearing a suit there. He said, I'm not going to wear a costume until this war is over. Other people will pointed out, well, you're wearing a military costume to signify a certain thing. How about you wear a diplomat costume to signify you're being a diplomat.
Speaker 2: At this point, that's not not unreasonable, not unreasonable.
Speaker 4: Lindsey Graham, who has been as big a Zolensky honk as you could possibly get supporting him. You know, for the last three years we've played at gazillion clips, and I've agreed with almost everything Lindsey Graham has said about Zelensky said this after everything fell apart on Friday.
Speaker 5: So ram I think complete utter disaster. Somebody asked me, am I embarrassed about Trump? I have never been more proud of the president. I was very proud of JD. Van's standing up for our country. We want to be helpful.
Speaker 1: More from Lindsay Graham right after this message from our friends at prize Picks. You can now win up to a thousand times your money on Prize Picks, the best way to get in on sports action more than thirty states and Prize Picks is the best place to get real money sports action. Join over ten million users and sign up today so you.
Speaker 4: Can turn your sports opinions, which you know, if you're a sports fan, you got lots of opinions about who's gonna win what, or who's gonna do well or whatever, turn them in them real money about you into the basketball season. Sign up today, get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars in the price Picks app, which you should download.
Speaker 2: You don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus.
Speaker 1: It's guaranteed, and Prize Picks also offers weekly promotions that can lead to big payouts, like Taco Tuesday. Each Tuesday, Prize Picks discount select player projections up to twenty five percent to provide even more value for your lineups. It's fun, it's easy. You can make your picks in less than sixty seconds. Download the app today. Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 2: You don't have to win.
Speaker 1: It's an automatic bonus just for playing a five dollars lineup again. It's the Prize Picks app. Used the code Armstrong. Prize Picks run your game.
Speaker 4: So I didn't know how big supporters of Ukraine and Zelensky were going to react like I thought. Marco Rubio's expression was he was disappointed in Trump and Vance He wasn't he was disappointed in Zelensky at least is the way he portrayed it yesterday on the talk shows.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know how Graham would react. Well here he was Friday afternoon.
Speaker 5: What I saw in the Oval Office was disrespectful and I don't know if we can ever do business with the Zolensky again.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I think most Americans saw a guy that they would not want to go in business with. The way you handle the meeting, the way he confronted the President was just over the top. He either needs to resign and send somebody over that we can do business with, or he needs to change.
Speaker 4: That's pretty strong. And the White House was well, and if you don't know how this played out. Afterwards, Zolensky wanted to hang around and say, well, let's get back together, let me let me talk to the president, let's fix this or whatever. Mark Rubia said, no, President wants you to go.
Speaker 2: He got to go.
Speaker 4: So he went out and got in his car and drove away, and the White House said, we need an apology before we're even going to start talking to you again. Zolensky goes on Brett Baer a couple hours later on Fox does an interview. Brett Bear gives him three chances to flat out apologize. He doesn't I understand where he's coming from.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What am I exactly apologizing for. I mean, you could do the old I apologize if I offended you, but that's the real apology.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Now, one of the things that really bothered me about the whole deal is, especially as we were discussing earlier, given the language barrier and Zelinsky's English is good, but it's not like it lacks the subtleties of understanding of a native speaker. And one of the reasons you always keep your cool is because there are aspects of what's happening that you might not be fully aware of at the time, and you can always burn bridges, as they say, if it's a good idea to choose somebody out now, think about it for an hour, review what actually happened and why it might have happened. Then if the chewing out needs to happen, do it. But that's hot in the moment, I think is a terrible idea.
Speaker 4: Well, it's always a terrible idea. But if you could have stayed cool in that setting, you're a different beast than ninety nine point nine percent is Trump.
Speaker 1: Or Zelensky is Zelinsky right right, I'm talking about Trump in dvance.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to jump ugly, Although again the.
Speaker 1: Repeated disagreement and lecturing on camera is not a facet of those grip and grin things.
Speaker 2: So there's plenty of fault on both sides.
Speaker 1: What is and the thing that bothers me about part of trump World right now is that because they got into a spat and everybody lost their head a little bit, therefore he's a demon who must be purged from mankind, when in fact, the United States and its priorities and needs have not changed in Nyota just because they had a little spat, And if what you thought changed fundamentally, that seems strange to me. People get hot and exchange words all the time. That doesn't change your interests.
Speaker 4: So Howard Luttnick, who we were praising last week, was just on Fox and I just saw it up on the TV says, Trump's going to beat down both sides. That's the way he does deals and brings them together. It's going to beat down Zelensky, He's going to beat down Putin. Well, I haven't seen any of the beating down Putin part happening.
Speaker 2: Yet. We got more on the way.
Speaker 6: A couple of a Tatar Airlines flight was forced to sit next to a dead body after the woman next to him passed away mid flight. On the bright side, at least she finally stopped coughing.
Speaker 2: I thought that was funny. That is very funny, darkly amusing.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the fake ad from Saturday Night Live with Shane gillis a couple of beers? My doctors recommends a couple of beers at a party, don't know what who to talk to? Feeling kind of bored. My doctor recommends a couple of beers. But there's many examples, and it's very funny. I do not like my interpurseonent that I put on today. Do you use the kind that's like powdery?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't like the gel. My armpits feel wet all the time. I don't like that putting too much, John, what is that slazzing it up? Like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm putting too much. I feel like I can smell it too much. I just my armpits feel wet.
Speaker 1: Aggressive scent over application issue. Obviously, Michael will need you to go to mister Armstrong's home in the morning and help them applies.
Speaker 4: So here's something I probably shouldn't have done, but I did. I was feeling really I was sick of last week. I worked from home Tuesday through Friday, and then Friday was feeling worse than ever, and I was constantly wondering throughout you know, do I have something that's going to go away on its own, a virus, or do I have something that's turned into something that I'm gonna need antibiotics for to get rid of. Several times in my life I have waited way too long for something to go away and been like practically unable to walk to go to the doctor's office to get in to get an antibiotic, and then like it seems like within hours, I feel better, And I think when I do that earlier. Of course, we all know the problem, as we've talked about many times on the radio over the years, that people way over use antibiotics for viruses that are going to go away on their own, and we're going to breed a super bug that kills off all of humankind.
Speaker 1: Well summarized, yes, ninety five percent of the population does the opposite of what you did.
Speaker 2: As I did on Friday.
Speaker 4: So I was feeling so horrible on Friday, I went I took an antabotic just on my own. I have extra antabotics around the house from various situations my kids have been in and I'm taking an antabotic. I feel so horrible, And I took the dose you're supposed to take, and the next day I felt way better, way better.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Of course, there's no way of knowing if the antabiotic did it, and they usually work really fast in my experience, or if I just, you know, had turned the corner on my virus.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: So I contacted a doctor friend of mine, not my doctor, because I wouldn't want to tell my doctor that I went rogue on him. I contacted a doctor that I know. He's a retired doctor, and I said, well, should I stop it at this point since I feel better?
Speaker 2: Or should I keep going?
Speaker 4: And he said, well, at this point, I think you should go ahead and finish the antibotic. And I said, what about the whole breeding a superbug that kills off mankind? He said, You're not going to be responsible for that if you finish this anabatic, which is a pretty good point.
Speaker 1: Right, and finishing it, but finishing it is important. Stopping it is the worst thing you can possibly do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah, uh, I might have just had a cold that no antibotics ever going to have any effect on whatsoever. So right, Yeah, I probably shouldn't have just been taking random medications on my own. But oh I know is I felt better on.
Speaker 1: Saturday, so well, not completely random. Oh that reminds me. There are a couple of significant headlines they're not getting any attention because we're yelling about other things these days. A couple of headlines having to do with bat viruses. Perhaps you recall the pandemic of a few years past. It was fairly disruptive. They're coming up next. Hout, there's some new ones voting around.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okaw, that's one of the stories. Yeah, I also want to talk about this.
Speaker 1: And you'll never guess who's back in business beefing them up and studying them. China, not only China, Sir a particular little city in China.
Speaker 4: And for the first time ever, one of the two major parties majority does not like Israel. First time it's ever happened. In Gallup polling, the Democrats sixty unfavorable view of Israel. First time that's ever happened with the major party. Can dig into that, among other things, Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty