Speaker 1: Listening to mess Hi, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Messy people listening to this right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, all of our mess Some of the people have sent to us what they want to call themselves.
Speaker 3: They said messengers, messengers.
Speaker 1: I was not mad at that. I like our messengers. That actually feels super cute.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Messengers? Messengers might be the one.
Speaker 1: There's another one that people were saying that might be cute, the mess ups. I don't know if we're gonna go with that. That just feels a little negative. No, shall we call.
Speaker 2: Messies the messies? Messis? Can we call you guys? Mistakes? No? Mistakes is in the building. They are are.
Speaker 1: There are more than mistakes. They're everything that we wanted anymore. So we're trying to come up with what we're gonna call y'all. But you know what I'm saying, hit us back with what you want to call what you would like to be called? Hey, messengers, that also feels is given you ps. But I like mistakes, Marie. Would you like to be called a mistake?
Speaker 4: Some people were born and they were mistakes and their blessings.
Speaker 1: Now I see how you spun that, and that's how creative you are and witty, but my people in the street, is that a mistake?
Speaker 2: No, go for that, girl. Listen, listen, there's worse things that you can be called. Girl.
Speaker 1: See, this is why we when we see our fans, you gotta show them that you love them.
Speaker 2: Girl. You are doing enough of that for the both of us.
Speaker 4: Okay, When you see the fans and they run up to you and you're exchanging numbers with them, and I'm sitting back with my glasses on, playing it cool, they are not worried about anything that I will or won't say.
Speaker 2: Or maybe they are. They're like, oh my god, maybe she's gonna call me a mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think about them mistake, I'll call them messengers.
Speaker 4: Think about the merch black shirt, teeny tiny font mistake mistakes.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Marie, if that's what you want to put on your.
Speaker 2: Chest, Sydney merch. You had good Christian gay that was lit, the people was on it.
Speaker 1: In giant flashtag mistake tiny demure like the La costs Littlegator.
Speaker 2: Okay, like Polo Man, I.
Speaker 1: Need you to go to Shark Tank because the way that you're selling this bitch, you're doing phenomenal jobs.
Speaker 2: I must not be because you are still fighting.
Speaker 1: You know what, let the people, the people will tell us, they will give us exactly.
Speaker 2: What we need, what we need and what we want.
Speaker 4: Let's get some little socks with a little like ruffle on them and then in the back mistake.
Speaker 1: And we could sell them at plant parenthood. I think they would love that merch there. I guess that's why everybody's pulling up mistakes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, are there plant parenthoods in other states?
Speaker 2: States where they banned abortion and stuff?
Speaker 1: I still know about the planned parenthood in New York City and they know me the Soho, they know me as soho. They know me in the Bronx. Oh, I've never been to anything in Brooklyn, but they know me.
Speaker 2: The planned Parenthood in the Bronx. Talk about that. What is you gotta go through a metal detector.
Speaker 1: You have to go through a metal detector period that every plant parenthood there's you swipe your stuff through. But it's given hood club situation where you can you might can sneak something in there, Yeah, in your butt.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not.
Speaker 1: Giving like the it's updated metal detectors.
Speaker 2: Oh you're saying, it's the classics.
Speaker 1: They got, They got the nineteen eighty original versions, just the ones that like Harriet's Hem and them had. Yeah, the dogs was chasing them through those metal detectives, the Civil Rights Medal, the Mountain. But I am Malcolm X right right, they get your hand out my pocket.
Speaker 2: Medal detectives. Love.
Speaker 1: But you're asking me about the planned parenthood in the Bronx.
Speaker 4: I mean I had that was just the one questions. Okay, Yeah, you thought I was trying to make a trip.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, hey, and I took that trip. I took that trip there, but I wasn't doing anything that y'all think I was. People don't understand plarent parenthood is for all services.
Speaker 3: Get checkups, if you need birth.
Speaker 2: Control, you get an oil chain.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can get a mammogram there. But think it's all things womanhood and it's not just for you know, a bobo bobo's.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I was going to the gun in colleges with no insurance, I was going to plant parenthood and my therapist was like, why do you go there?
Speaker 2: Oh no, And she was like, you shall go.
Speaker 4: You should go to a proper obgu I n And I was like, but they take what I got here, so.
Speaker 1: But we learned that that's not We can't go with what We can't go with what they give us.
Speaker 2: Because you know, they don't give a damn about us.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but did I say this on the last episode, how it went to the doctor and I finally had an annual checkup.
Speaker 2: I hadn't had an annual checkup on record never. It's like I'm looking.
Speaker 1: She was going through pieces of paper and looking, and she's like, it seems like you ain't never come to see the doctor.
Speaker 4: That she had the right spelling, because you know, people be spelling Sidney wrong.
Speaker 2: They you smell my name and I hate that.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't look like the type of person who have a Y at the end of my name.
Speaker 2: It's just not happening.
Speaker 4: It's not about what you look like. The name looked like it should be a why there No.
Speaker 1: I think people should change their point of view or perspective, like, you know, you look like a Marina.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: I do. At first, when I first met you, I was like, Marie, that's odd. But now that I see you, I'm like, that's odd, that's odd.
Speaker 2: So I can't I can't call.
Speaker 4: Them the people listening mistakes. But you can say my name in face Combo is odd.
Speaker 1: Your face doesn't give Marie because Marie is kind of like bland and you are very unique. No shade to the maries that are listening.
Speaker 2: Marie is a dry but it's very cookie cutter.
Speaker 1: You know. They're wearing plain white tea, flip flops, bootcut jeans.
Speaker 3: That's what Marie feels like.
Speaker 2: Honestly, That's what I was gonna word today. I had the boot cut on and I said, no thanks, Yeah, I'm friend.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Marie. What's your mess this week?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Can we talk about So today, when I was on my way here, my landlord called me because I was like, yo, the heat is not working in my apartment was good, so she called me to be like, oh, the man is gonna maybe come.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow and blah blah blah. I'm feeling under weather. I don't care.
Speaker 4: She also, as I was getting ready to hang up, she was like, also the check you gave me bounce.
Speaker 1: I said, huh, Marie, what what hello is the my on is the mic on?
Speaker 4: Is the money in the Marie? I said, put the motherfucking money in my motherfucker hand.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: I didn't know he was doing like this girl. I didn't even I've never had a check bounce in my life.
Speaker 1: Mass she was the way she was talking to me, Yes, mess the way.
Speaker 4: She was talking to me. She was talking to me like she sees me as a poor person now because after five years of living there, my check bounced one time.
Speaker 1: But that's all people see you. All you gotta do is mistake the mess ups.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is mess up once.
Speaker 1: And that's what people see when you're coming forward, They're like, oh, you know, you know she hewed me thirty dollars.
Speaker 4: It's like thirty dollars. I'm like, well, how long did you take to cash the check? Because the money was in there when.
Speaker 2: I wrote it, right, I don't know what happened after I wrote it.
Speaker 1: What account is this that you were like, I'm only putting the amount of money for the rent.
Speaker 4: Well, this is an account that I only take money out of, but I never put money in.
Speaker 2: So the fact that it's lasted this long, Marie shocked.
Speaker 3: The way you live is on the edge and I love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 1: You know, And the thing is is that you don't look like the way you don't like to check.
Speaker 2: Bounce, You bouncing, but not the check.
Speaker 4: She was like, yeah, there was. The check was returned for insufficient funds. I said, whoa, why are you talking so loud?
Speaker 2: That's so loud you don't even ask me where.
Speaker 1: I was like, if there's people around, if you won't speaker, you know, she was on the rotary, you know, she was on the landline and she was you know, she doesn't she was doing the turn when she's calling you. She was, she was, so she embarrassed you in front of I was home by myself. Okay, but it felt but your plans were listening because I know you were on a speaker.
Speaker 2: God was listening. God, God already knew the check bounce from.
Speaker 1: He's the first one and he's never the last.
Speaker 2: When when I was writing the check, he was looking at me, like, look at this. So that what happened?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I and MO, you know she didn't want to check, she wants a check or she doing shady business dealing.
Speaker 2: You think that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Why why do you have to physically come to the house and pick up a check?
Speaker 2: Do you not care about the environment, like you know, damn well dying. She don't get the checks are messing up the hurtles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the check is getting in the turtle shell and he can't get comfortable that.
Speaker 1: He's chewing on the checks. And that's why they bounceing. Girl, it's really the turtles that are taking her money. I don't ninja turtle ass niggas. Leonardo is is get your hand on my bocket, Michelangelo, is why the check bounce?
Speaker 2: That's what did you tell her? That?
Speaker 1: So? Then what did you say, So, I'm gonna move some funds.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't say that.
Speaker 4: I haven't already moved the funds, okay, but I didn't know it wasn't I didn't move them quick enough yea for the check to bounce. But she was like, uh, Also, when you write a check, you have to write the whole word out because I'll.
Speaker 2: Like you abbreviating.
Speaker 4: It's not that I abbreviate, but if something is three thousand eighty dollars, all right, thirty eighty or something like that, zero sense?
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you had to write out the word for a check.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 4: I've been writing these checks for this lady for five years. I write them like this all the time because this one bounced. Now she needs the whole word.
Speaker 1: There, babe, Hey, when you when you don't abide when things is not right.
Speaker 2: Yes, we switching it up.
Speaker 1: Now the length of the word don't don't ensure the fun is there?
Speaker 2: Body? It bounce because you didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't spell out two little thousand dollars, two little words too little funny, a.
Speaker 2: Day late, and a dollar shorts.
Speaker 4: Anyway, she was like, I'll be there either tonight or tomorrow for the boiler and I was like, I'll have the check tonight or tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whenever you turn that heat on, sis, that's when that's when I'll have that money.
Speaker 2: Okay, if that's a freezing, you ain't eating.
Speaker 4: And then you know when you try to write somebody up on the phone and they're talking too slow, and she said. I was like, listen, I'm got to get on the train. I have a podcast that I need to go record. And she was like, another thing is you know, I don't know what the fee is gonna be for the bounced check.
Speaker 1: I said, listen, I'm sorry this happened, but I gotta go. We'll figure this out later. Did you raise your voice to an elder, Where's who raised you an elder?
Speaker 2: It was also yelling at other elders.
Speaker 1: Somebody an elder with a loud voice. You gotta be allowed to compete with the elders for them to hear you.
Speaker 2: You know, they're women of a particular ag Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, damn friend, That's why I mean, I had to laugh. But if we're gonna end a year with anything a bounce check, that's you were leaving bounce checks in twenty twenty four, twenty five.
Speaker 3: All funds are gonna be sufficient, your.
Speaker 4: Right, the account funds, the account is gonna be fully funded.
Speaker 1: Well, there's gonna be so much in the account that they're gonna call you.
Speaker 2: But like, do you know you have all this money on your account? Girl, you're doing too much, you doing, you work too hard.
Speaker 1: Let me take some of that money off your soldier year of Yeah, what you're saying is I'm gonna be so rich next year that I'm gonna get robbed.
Speaker 2: No white collar crime, absolutely not. What's the man's name, Barry Bernie, Bernie made.
Speaker 3: Off, Bernie made off. No, that doesn't happen to blacks.
Speaker 4: But black people be having any money and like the pension fund and whatever, and they take it.
Speaker 2: I don't know about those, oh cause you only know the bounce check check. Like, I don't trust the.
Speaker 1: Banks, and they putting all their money in Noila envelopes, yeah, putting them in a shoe boxes.
Speaker 2: And I like having too much loose cash at my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been having cat like before when I was working at the stand a lot, I had tons of cash, which is so bad because you are literally doing anything and everything and you can't keep track. I knew I have four hundred dollars on me, but I don't know exactly where it is all just at a time.
Speaker 2: You'll have a random hundred on you and three ninety nine.
Speaker 1: And then I'll think that either somebody didn't pay me when something is missing, or I dropped it.
Speaker 3: That's how my mind goes.
Speaker 2: And I do be dropping stuff.
Speaker 1: I drop drop it like it's hot every time. And so yeah, I don't recommend cash. I have some cash on me now, I need to go to the bank if you want me.
Speaker 2: To count it right now? Yeah, let me see.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you another thing that's that I'm messy at. I don't have a wallet, so is anybody in your by anybody who wants to send me wallet.
Speaker 2: This is how I keep my cash money. This money is in the pages of her passport.
Speaker 1: Okay, because you know where my passport is not gonna be lost. It's not gonna be in the Lost and found. It's always want to give me by my heart. Oh no, I stayed checking my first because I need to know if my passport is with me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this is this is my cat.
Speaker 2: I like three hundred and two dollars.
Speaker 1: Let's see how much one two, three, four hundred hundred five dollars, four hundred and five dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know I need to go to the pasage your birthday.
Speaker 1: I don't carry no, this is this is this is my comedy. When I'm doing when I'm doing what I do night, just.
Speaker 4: From from when I was a kid, I would always have like the most random, insignificant amount of cash on me. It was like seven dollars, Like I'll leave my house with nine dollars and sixty two cents.
Speaker 1: But I will say this, people should have some cash on them because when it's time to like split the check or tip, cash is always perfect because then it's like, oh, oh baby, I'm giving you exactly what I got.
Speaker 2: What if I give you the cash that I have and it's like I have twenty.
Speaker 3: Dollars, I feel like that's something you would do, Marie.
Speaker 2: I'll venmo you the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marie, you're not giving people to vemo right away.
Speaker 3: No, it's they're gonna have to pull up like your landlord.
Speaker 1: They have to call you on the landline so much if I did get you know the way adhd brain is set up.
Speaker 4: If I forget to venmo you and you forget to ask for it. Hey, it's on a house, really, Mari.
Speaker 1: So you you can't keep tabs of money that you know is out there that you might.
Speaker 2: Owe loose loose loose for yes.
Speaker 1: No, the way my shame works, I kind of I usually know when I owe somebody something. It's always in the back of my head.
Speaker 2: I do not. I never forget. They might forget, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because there it's not that many people that I owe money to. You know one friend that this was like ten years ago. He ain't never getting that back. But it was a man ten years ago.
Speaker 2: He's fine. Girl, How would you think you owed.
Speaker 1: His he's not getting your back, that's one he is, and he'll be fine. And if he needed that money back, he would hit me. He never hit me back for it. Girl, he forgot. Oh no, he might remember it because he's got he's got a good brain. And then I think there's like another friend in.
Speaker 2: The I R s.
Speaker 1: Those those are the I R s. Oh yeah, no, I have to say, oh, that friend money to school. But for the most part, it's like I hate having that like thinking because I want people to pay me. Heye, this is mess these things that we work for, you know, we independent contractors. We'd be telling them, hey, this is what I that's what I'm old, that's what I'm dude, And you want me to hurry up and do my job. But you don't want to pay me. You don't want to pay me in a timely faunion. You want to you want to hit me two months later? Yeap, that money is gone in two months. I need the money exactly right. I need a net now.
Speaker 4: No net sixty ninety net one twenty. They said you might get it, you'll forget by the time you get the money. You forgot what you're getting paid for.
Speaker 2: This is true. Or no, you're in the hole. That's the thing. That's why you have to be paid immediately.
Speaker 1: I And then they make you feel bad that you hit them up for your mind.
Speaker 2: What are you broke? Yes, I say in an email, I'm a broke emailing you. Are you broke? They will account. They'll never say are you broke?
Speaker 1: They'll just allude to, oh, didn't know that this was in a rush?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I need a rush overnight now right now. I need my need and I need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if I feel that way about people that I've worked for, honestly, I don't want to do that to the people that I know because I'm thinking the same thing.
Speaker 4: Well, I will say this week we went out for Alex's birthday. Oh yeah, and a bunch of us went to a diner after and Lisa paid, and yeah, I've venmote her as soon as I go.
Speaker 2: Home, look at you. You know what you're leader? What is that growth?
Speaker 4: That's why my check bounce because I've been more right away. The way it was the diner, it was like forty dollars, I'm the diner.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know what my mess is? My mess is showing up late and then leaving early.
Speaker 2: I have to go. Yeah, I have to get up.
Speaker 1: You have been leaving stuff early, so early, that's not even my thing.
Speaker 3: You know, I'd be the last man standing.
Speaker 2: I'll be like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be like one of those animaniacs when they got the like the stuff over their head and you know now they twirling and looking delusional. That's me at the end of the night. Lights on. Hey, y'all, and I'm sober, but I'm realizing I ain't got an in me. The thing is that in the I feel like in the winter, when people are drinking, it feels like it's suffocating me. And I can't partake in any of the drinks or any of the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like soup. Yeah, they don't need me. I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's wild because when I think about drinking, I think the summer, it's nice out, we're drinking Margarita's, we're drinking we outside, we are outside. Yeah, we're drinking a lot. But holiday season it's a lot of drinking that goes on so much between Thanksgiving and Christmas too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's every day.
Speaker 1: Yes, there is no reason why you should be sober during November and December, because there's so much going on. There's so much like things that you think you should be finishing up, or things that you're anticipating for the new year, people that you probably don't even want to see, but you blood related.
Speaker 3: It's like a lot of things tied to the end of the year.
Speaker 1: So that's why people going all out, going, all out drinking, not not stopping, and they're staying out until the sun goes up. And I'm like, you know what, I've been looking underneath my eyes. I'm like, girl, you look tired. Should get impressed?
Speaker 2: Should we get some fresh faces for the new year.
Speaker 1: No, It's just it's just like knowing when to go home. But then my other messes. So our friend Alex was posting all these pictures from his birthday and I wasn't in none, and I was like, I was there, Why why didn't I get any photos? And so that's what happens when you leave, you leave early, You missed the photo, you missed the photo ops, and then it feels like, well, well, fuck, I wasn't there. I know the picture was gonna look crazy of me anyway, but it's just like I just I like that little tag that I was that was there.
Speaker 2: Well, you want to supports you in post? We could throw you in.
Speaker 1: We'd love somebody just photoshop me in some of the events that I'm not there because I do have fomo. That's another messy thing, is that you have photo fomo though no, I have fomo.
Speaker 2: In general. I want to be there.
Speaker 1: My heart is where my friends are, and so when I'm not there, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Well, what are they doing without me?
Speaker 2: They need me? The night is not young and I'm not around.
Speaker 3: What I've been doing, That's what I've been doing.
Speaker 1: And then I'll go home and then I'll start scrolling the stories that said they look like.
Speaker 2: They having a blast and I don't like that. I don't like that without me. Yeah, well you should be texting me, girl, wish you were here time? Next time? What do you? Why are you? Why'd you leave?
Speaker 1: When I say I'm gone, people are like, okay, no. The last two times to tell me you beg me to stay.
Speaker 4: The last two times you told me you were leaving, I was like already and you were like, yeah, girl, I I gotta go. But also you will come up when the car is already outside.
Speaker 2: Oh you you been like my uber here.
Speaker 1: I think it's messy to be that person, like we're gonna leave, and then I'm waiting around you caught up, somebody got you hand up in a corner and I'm waiting, like, girl.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be get in the car. I'm not pulling out the app.
Speaker 1: I'm not pulling out the app because we already figured out that you are getting a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I'll demo you.
Speaker 1: So when you are chatting it up and I think I might you know this is you, this is this is Marie. So I'm gonna leave when this is done. No, no, no, I say, let me see it.
Speaker 2: We got this much less in this much time. I'm leaving in this much time.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, well, she's not a lush, so she's not gonna guzzle it down.
Speaker 4: I mean, but I am also good for leaving with the glass. You do, I will Rihanna it out of a situation.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's interesting when I see you leave at the glass, I'm like, only Marie and Rihanna, and Rihanna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if she could do it, I too, kids do it?
Speaker 1: I didy Okay, So let me tell you what's going on in this week's mess. So this girl gets on TikTok. You know that's where usually where I get my news, y'all. I don't want to work too hard. I just I just stay on and another mess thing is TikTok is supposed to be banned at the top of the year. Wait top they said officially is supposed to be banned at the top of the year. I don't believe it. But who's people are stress? People are stressed about Yeah, they well, it didn't get bought by anybody Americans.
Speaker 2: So they're like, China, goodbye. You're not gonna be keeping.
Speaker 1: Telling us such hater they are. But also the tea is is that people are making a ship ton of money through TikTok, and it's a lot of awareness and it's a lot of people spreading information that is very necessary to people's individuality or people being like we're gonna riot or we don't have to stand for this. And so everybody's like, ah, y'all got too much free autonomy.
Speaker 2: We still have Instagram and YouTube.
Speaker 4: Not doing that on Instagram, Yeah, but I'm saying all of that content is still going to exist.
Speaker 2: They can just slide it over.
Speaker 1: People are tired now you know, we went to we went to a little Instagram event, so we we good on Instagram. But a lot of people they've got some notes they about damn time Instagram. They are lost it because you know, people are trying to keep up appearances on there, and so no one is like living their free life. They're posting their perfect photos or they're getting their perfect reels and tick that people are messy things. That the aperture is off people being bonnets. They don't care what they're saying, and they're they're telling their all of their family secrets. At two am, who's the girl who dates that guy named Chris.
Speaker 2: She does like whig videos. She's like, oh cy and she has the bracest. Oh she has bracest. Yeah she's wild. That's a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm i press not interested at times, but yeah, so I'm on t talk and this girl is like, hey, the men, the men. Something's going on with the man. She said, So this guy asked me out on the date. She pulls up, he takes me to uh he gets tickets to a comedy show.
Speaker 2: That's the first Red Flag comedy show. First date.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we need to be you know, getting to know each other. I can't do that because now I'm watching the car, I'm laughing at stuff that you didn't say. You getting a free ha ha ha, you didn't work hard. So what's seven other means?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 4: You think going to a comedy club a comedy show on the first date.
Speaker 2: Is a bad first Yes it is, Yes it is. It's lazy.
Speaker 1: I don't think that it's a bad first date. It's a bad first date for us because we we at work. Don't come see me at job. But if like now, I get to see what your sense of humor is. I get to see if you serious. I get to see if you sto weak. I get to see if.
Speaker 2: They make fun of you. How you let that roll off your back?
Speaker 1: Like, how about you do that in an actual conversation. I can see how funny you are if you just get some words out of your mind. I could tell in the first five minutes if you got a sense of humor or not.
Speaker 4: Well, the comedy show shouldn't be the whole day. It should be some drinks involved, some a little amoz boosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me get to it. Okay, so she gets there.
Speaker 1: The tickets to the commerce show are twenty five dollars each. So he buys both tickets, which he should. He invited that.
Speaker 2: He invited her, right, So he gets there.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, we got some time before the show starts. Let's get some meat. She like, I'm not really hungry, but okay. He's like, let's get some tacos. He gets some tacos. He buys her taco because she only wants one, and then he gets three. He gets the tacos. They ian, they keep kying whatever they go in and he's like, yeah, let's get let's get a drink and she's like I'm not I'm not really that servacy or whatever. She's like, can you give me some water? And so he literally stops. He's like, why don't you get us something to drink? And she's like, yeah, I could do that, but you said let's get something drinks, so I assumed you would be getting a drinks. He's like, uh, well, why why don't we both go get the water? And she's like this is this is this is odd and he's like, let me ask you something. Are you now that is another reflect Let me ask you something.
Speaker 2: No, we need to talk. We need to talk. Let me ask you something.
Speaker 1: It's all It's always going to be something that It's like, you know the answer to this, sir. He asked her, So are you the type of type of woman to serve your man? Excuse me, this is not burger king. I'm not serving nobody.
Speaker 2: When did this turn into church? He Christians very much. No, He's like, are you the type of woman to take care of your man? Sir?
Speaker 1: We are in front of the tacos. They will serve you. You're not even my man a day, first first day. And mind you, this is my first impression of you. That's their thing on TikTok. They're like, mind you, this is my first impression of you, meaning like I've never seen anything, and this is what Now I'm gonna leave with this, right.
Speaker 2: So he's kind of like going back and.
Speaker 1: Forth with her, and she said, you know what, have a good night, and she left.
Speaker 2: She left. She didn't even get to.
Speaker 1: See the comedy show, because I was like, maybe she was at one of our shows.
Speaker 4: Missed you missed you missed out. Mad made a mistake. I would have stayed for.
Speaker 1: The comedy and then I would have left immediately, or I would have stayed for the comedy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, can we sit different?
Speaker 4: But she must have already not been feeling him, Like for you to be like that ready to go, it must be like you leaving a bad taste in my mouth, or maybe the tacos did, But like, I'm not even gonna go back and forth with you.
Speaker 2: How loud was he talking? He was yelling? No, I don't think he was yelling.
Speaker 1: But I think we're at the point in our lives. I don't know how old this girl is, but we've gone on enough dates where it's like some of us are doing it for the plot and other people's like the plot is done. I'm exhausted. Either we're gonna have good vibes or not. I did not come out of my place where it's warm for you to ask me, so are you gonna serve your man? Excuse me, I don't speak whatever language you talking about, Sir.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, what you mean by that? Like cater to you, destiny shaw?
Speaker 3: I mean that's what she was asking.
Speaker 1: But also it's like you're taking me to a comedy show and you're getting tacos, so you're acting like this is a Michellin star like Caviars pulled out we at the opera.
Speaker 2: What kind of tacos it was?
Speaker 4: It was Gordon Ramsey was in there putting caviar eggs on caviar eggs, fish eggs on the stuff.
Speaker 3: No, it felt like it was one step above Taco bell.
Speaker 2: It was actually a.
Speaker 3: Taco truck, mind you. It was the tacos were on wheels.
Speaker 2: Were they in La because the taco trucks hit in La? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But she was just like, I'm not putting up with this, and I.
Speaker 1: Think I don't know self care everyone it is self care, but we're trying to figure out what is going on with both people. Because if someone asked me for me, I get the whole, like be a man, take care of it, and you know, bring back men.
Speaker 2: Da da da da da.
Speaker 1: But it's also like somebody got the tickets, they got some tacos. I would I would probably offer, oh you want some drink, I'll get you your drink. And so I think his thing was as a human being, you see me doing on stuff you don't wanna. You don't want to get me a you don't want to get me no water, you don't wanna, Well, you don't want to contribute.
Speaker 4: I hear what you're saying, yes, but she's not saying I'm hungry. He's like, ask her something to eat, and she like, I guess I have a taco. A taco is five dollars. Yeah if that Uh. He's like, let's get a drink. She's like, I don't really want to drink. Maybe some water.
Speaker 2: Now you mad?
Speaker 4: Now you're mad because I asked for a water. She didn't say, oh, I'll take a long online ice tea. She didn't say I'll take a whiskey sour. She just said, oh, can you give me a water? And he was like, why don't you get me a drink?
Speaker 2: Like it's him.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, okay, I'm not I'm not team you know.
Speaker 2: Him, sir?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna serve your God and me at the same time? Now, I'm not team him, but I'm also like a person who is a giver, and you do people when it's going to be like, oh, this is gonna be one sided. You could tell, you could tell, But I'm also I'm also not. I'm also not a straight man, so I cannot relate.
Speaker 2: But I do.
Speaker 1: I do know with people you can feel like it's not reciprocal. You can feel that energy when they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh I just I can't. I'm here for the wings.
Speaker 1: That's the gift, you know. And so he probably communicated that poorly. But I do think that if someone asks you to come out right, maybe they are paying for most of the stuff. But I think it is a cute gesture to be like, oh, let me get you something you want. You want a napkin, babe, I'll get you. You want me to hold the door for your mo like you don't. Chivalry can go both ways.
Speaker 4: Let me sit with my back to the door so you can face the door, just in case trouble is coming, and I could God first for you.
Speaker 1: Hey, can let me stand on the side of the road so you know the car. If the car comes it, don't hit it me and me first. When you come home late, tap me on my shoulder, roll over. No no no.
Speaker 4: But I agree, I agree with you, but also things need to be communicated better.
Speaker 2: But maybe he was having.
Speaker 4: A bad day and he had eight dollars left in his account. Maybe his check bounce.
Speaker 1: Oh girl, you're always gonna bring it back for that bouncing checks, freezy bounce on that check al.
Speaker 2: What did you see this week? So Nick Cannon, father of twelve, just ensured his balls for ten million dollars. You know you know what.
Speaker 3: I love that for him because he's knowing his worth.
Speaker 1: He's like, do you know how many shots I take and they actually go?
Speaker 2: You missed one hundred percent of the shots you don't take? Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he's like, hey, I know that I have stuff that works.
Speaker 2: It's a hundred percent.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred The sperm when it hits the egg, it's like, let's go.
Speaker 2: You know. Yeah, that's how Nick can He's like.
Speaker 1: I have to ensure this because it's one hundred percent going through raid. And I can't say all all the guys who have sperm can be as successful. I'm just saying, yeah, Nick Cannon does not play for the Mets. I'll say that as I wear a Mets hat. What what's the Mets comparison? The Mets they play base you know the baseball they bad or they good? What are you trying to think they win that much.
Speaker 2: Good? That he said?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Somebody somebody fact checked that for us we need the Mets good? Are the Mets good? I have a couple of friends who ride or die for the Mets. And that's how I know that the Mets can't be that good, because why why are you holding on so strong? You know, some teams just win and people don't have to say much. They're like, oh, I know, I got the winning team.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you why I don't like the Mets over the Yankees. That's somebody who doesn't care about baseball at all. I don't like the font of the n Y It's it's different. Yeah, I don't like then I like the Yankees font better. Well, this is given like italics. It's calligraphy. Maybe not calligraphy, but it's definitely given, like.
Speaker 2: Sheriff, sheriff. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah I do remember, yes, yes, like sheriff whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't use that font, but yeah, time's new Roman.
Speaker 1: But I think that the problem with the Mets is is that when you wear this, people assume that you actually like the team. Yankees is universal. You could just like it for the stole. Mets is like, oh that was a choice, honey, they'd Mets and I'll be like mass, yes, mass, oh my god, should we get mess hats?
Speaker 2: Yes? But it should kind of be like the Mets.
Speaker 1: Font No, no, I don't like like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So wait.
Speaker 3: So you're so you think it's a mess that Nick ensured his because.
Speaker 4: Like Mariah Carey in her voice, I think Rihanna insured her legs, j Lo's insured her ass Like since insurance has existed, people have been insuring these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to ensore your balls. So what does that mean?
Speaker 4: If someone kicks him in the nuts, he gets ten thousand dollars. What does it mean to ensure your body parts?
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't really have insurance. I don't even know what I don't even know what insured means. Shout out, shout out to Luigi, And you can't even spell insurance.
Speaker 2: Can I say this?
Speaker 1: The crazy thing about the Luigi situation for me is that he got caught in the McDonald's.
Speaker 3: I have a conspiracy theory. I don't think any of this is real.
Speaker 1: I think that he's the scapegoat for the person who really I think they needed to boost something to let people know, hey, you can't just be killing CEOs what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 1: He didn't really look like the guy who we saw on camera. This guy is just too sexy, too young. The guy in the in the video looked older, so and he didn't look as tall.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying is you think there's a conspiracy and he's not the guy. What I got from the situation is hot people need to do more crimes, and they do.
Speaker 2: And that's the problem is like you think that.
Speaker 1: You don't think that somebody who has all their teeth and amazing bone structure isn't pulling a fast one, isn't scamming people.
Speaker 4: They are scam absolutely, but I'm saying just crime in general, not necessarily murder, but definitely hot people need to do more crimes.
Speaker 1: I want to use my hotness for good oh and to be And the thing is so funny thing about Luigia's that all these women are like all.
Speaker 2: The good men are assassins.
Speaker 1: I was on the train and God was like, damn these girls is on this God Dick like what I need to do kill a Ceowen was like, well, yes, what I'm saying, but if you don't say it for something, you'll fall for anything, thank you.
Speaker 4: I just think it's weird and I don't understand how that works, Like you have all these kids, you're gonna have more. If something happens to your balls that are now insured, will the insurance companies pay you? Like Nick Canned is worth like half a million, half a billion dollars?
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, he's worth a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, And I think that the important thing that people who are like regular and don't have as much access or money, they don't know they're worth. They don't know what you can actually do to instill like a better future for yourself.
Speaker 2: He knows he has people in his ears.
Speaker 1: So somebody might have told him, hey, man, you see all these kids you have, that's a that's a blessing.
Speaker 4: Not all these Some of these men got blanks. They got blanks in their gun. You don't, you know, for some people, blanks is a blessing. Ooh, and you know what, I wish I had more blanks.
Speaker 2: Listen now it is they don't work. Baby. I I got no egg now, So there it is.
Speaker 1: No for Tata's happening over shit shut it's an empty egg crate, empty nesters. Yes, oh did you see the So they're doing all these like lookalike contests.
Speaker 4: They did one for Luigi and they did yeah, they did a not when we knew it was Luigi, but when it was the guy with the hood and the backpack.
Speaker 2: They had one in the park.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they were being really funny. That was comical. But this one they had an actual one for Drake in Toronto, and the videos were killing me because there were so many guys that Are'm like, I guess you look like him, but it's more like the essence. But there's one dude that was supposed to be like the bigger Drake, like you know, thick Drake, thick Drake, and they say that he's the one that impersonates him all the time. They were like he he was robbed, he should have won, but they ended up giving a girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a girl, a girl one. Yeah. No, it's a great lookalike. They did a great job. They're calling all the skinny guys ozembic Drake. Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: I sometimes I think it's cute when people were like, you look like this celebrity, but it hurts when you're not.
Speaker 2: You're like, I don't want to look.
Speaker 3: Like that celebrity. I just want to be a celebrity.
Speaker 2: They all look like him except for the girl.
Speaker 3: And she won, and that's and honestly, and that's feminism.
Speaker 2: No, she should not have won. And she was dancing. She was dancing, she was giving it. I was like, I love how committed she was to it. She was like, this is a joke.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking this serious. She had the beard and everything. I would like to see.
Speaker 3: What's what's your predictions for the next look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they also had a honist there the people.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing that I feel bad about TikTok being gone. There's so many funny people out there.
Speaker 4: People are really they can still shoot all these same videos and just slide them through Instagram.
Speaker 2: You don't hit the same that.
Speaker 3: The algorithm on Instagram is not the same as TikTok.
Speaker 2: Instagram.
Speaker 1: So they say, word on street is they want you to money behind promotion. What Yes, they want you to boost more things they want. Instagram is out a rabbit ass buyer.
Speaker 4: The people who need to see the content will see it, and those who don't will miss out. Mark Zuckerberg is getting a.
Speaker 2: Zum from me. I mean, no one's any a diametomy checks Dooby bouncing tapping her foot girl.
Speaker 4: First of all, guns cost money, and my landlord is not spending money on guns. So who do I think is the next look alike? Well, because we got Timothy, Shala May, we got the we got the Zendaya. Oh I didn't see that looking like contest?
Speaker 2: What did that? What did they look like Biracials? She's Byris?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were given by racials, And a lot of the comments were just like, I see where y'all were going with that. But also if I was Zendia, I would be mad because none of these girls is giving her. They did Tyler, they did Tyler, they did Rachel sitting it, I'm wondering, like, who's the next person they should do.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna be Trump on inauguration Day in DC. It's gonna be big orange, blobby, lace front white man. Girl. Are you done? They gonna do that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear that. That doesn't matter if you want to hear it. And I think you asked what I think is the next one.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be big orange lace front white man in ties that are too long and suits that are too baggy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Honestly, if my eyes don't work that day, I won't be mad.
Speaker 2: I won't be mad.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Paul Pascal Pedro. Yeah, people love him and he's a cutie too. But I don't know that many people who look like him.
Speaker 2: Pedro Pascal, Yeah, a Spanish guy. Girl. You don't know nobody that looks like that. I don't know anybody.
Speaker 1: You don't know nobody with a little mustache and a little tossledd babe. I live in eastern New York. I know, I know more people who look Haitian. I know more people look like Sean Paul.
Speaker 2: He squint, you kind of look like Shan Paul. No, Shan Paul is Pedro with a little season in no, no, no wait.
Speaker 1: I told the story right, a story about how was in Miami. We were at SLS Hotel all day getting I mean I had I had so many Margarita's.
Speaker 2: My middle name was Mark.
Speaker 1: So we we're in the pool all that we realized, oh shoot, we're running late. We gotta get our bags because we got to go to the airport.
Speaker 2: I that's how it happens in Miami. Always.
Speaker 1: I still have my bikini on going to the airport. I'm I'm taking what it looks like I eat on myself. Mind you, there's traffic so We're like, oh, we're definitely gonna miss this light.
Speaker 2: There's traffic. I have to pee.
Speaker 1: I get out of the car in the middle of the highway and I eat on the side in my wet bikini.
Speaker 2: Then we get back in the car. So you pee, hold hold on, hold on because we need the visuals here.
Speaker 4: Yes, you pull the bikini bottoms down to pee, or you pee through the bikini since it's already wet.
Speaker 1: Now you know, I'm a classic girl, So you pee through the bini. I pulled it to the side, not classy ten on the highway.
Speaker 2: That thing to this side.
Speaker 1: And I had a long I had a maxi dress on. So we get to we get to the airport and they're like, oh, we actually do have some time.
Speaker 2: It's not that bad.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We pull up to t s A. I got a I got a.
Speaker 3: Or like a cowboy hat on.
Speaker 1: Yep, my wet bikini, long dress and in my suitcase. And another friend she's not nobody is in their bikini except me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you? I was like, I don't have time to take They're like, why don't you just take it off?
Speaker 1: You could just be naked underneath. I said, oh no, I don't want I don't want to, I don't want it loose. But eventually I do take the bottoms off because I was like, this is gross. We're going through TSA. Uh, I'm so messed up. But my eyes see so clearly that Sean Paul is about to come through TSA. And I screamed, baby boy, you stay on my mind, baby, and everyone is and everybody's looking around.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh no, no, no, get busy. And so he sees me and I was like, I'm screaming.
Speaker 4: And I was looking at you like that because probably no one, no one knew him, no, just I'm sure no one's ever reacted that strong to him before.
Speaker 2: No one knew. I was looking at you too. You owe her money?
Speaker 1: No, he was such he was and he's like a tiny guy, he's not big. You don't yeah, And he had a mohawk and everything. And I was like, I am such a fan. I know you gotta go catch up. Can we take a picture?
Speaker 3: And so first of all, I give him a hug soaking wet way.
Speaker 2: Sean was like, still got it, I'm stand may you. So he gives me a hug and he's like okay. And then he takes a picture.
Speaker 1: He's so you could tell he's so happy because he's like someone acknowledged me.
Speaker 3: He I'm sure he was, Like I felt so seen.
Speaker 2: I'm screaming, baby boy. AnyWho.
Speaker 1: I I ended up like sitting down for a second because I was definitely very much so blackout, and I was like I lost. I had a bag of like sun tanning oil. That's how you know I was hanging out with too many white people because I was like.
Speaker 2: Sun tanning oil. Sun tanning oil, Now, what is the purpose of sun tanning oil?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 2: It was a bandeath soul.
Speaker 1: So it gives me like a really bronzy glow, Like it wasn't just like getting darker, but it was like a glow from within.
Speaker 2: Oh girl, that's you. That's Jesus. Anyway, gla that for you.
Speaker 1: But bond Dells soul came threw from me.
Speaker 4: Girl, I did to see a picture of you, Crispy Crunches black on Instagram.
Speaker 1: People were screaming. They were like, Sidney, I wish I knew you during this time. I was like, no, you don't that that was the best of times. That's the worst of times. I would have loved to be your black friend during that time.
Speaker 2: Friend. You called me on the end of it and I and you were like, I think you got a problem. That's what you said to me. While I was at my job.
Speaker 1: I said, if you were a blackout at work, that's the problem. I said, give me my drinks back, girl.
Speaker 2: Being blackout in Miami is different than being blackout at work, I said, throw up that sandwich I just got had made for you from scratch. How dare you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, visiting friends at work is that mess?
Speaker 1: You know? Ooh that's good because that kind of ties into something that God, I wouldn't say it kind of happened. But I think that people don't respect like the things that we do. They think it's like a pull up, like, oh, we having fun. This is not really a job.
Speaker 2: It is, but it is.
Speaker 1: We are at work and people are constantly watching us. And even if you think that people are not judging or not, look they are. And so anybody we have around it your.
Speaker 3: Reflection of us.
Speaker 1: And so you can't go to people's job being lose too overfamiliar because you make the vibes a little weird. I had a friend come out with us at SNL and we were at an after party. He pulls out a brand new disposable camera still in the wrapper, oh, and unwraps it and starts taking photos with at the table.
Speaker 2: And I said, brother, no, no, brother, no, Like this is not b Yeah, I mean, you know, Chris Rock is there. All these like celebrities were there, and it was like, nobody wants to see.
Speaker 1: This big disposable camera doofy CBS flash happening at Zuma.
Speaker 2: Like it's just not big doofy disposable camera flash? Is that the title? I like it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe, And maybe it's me because I am in burying my head about being perceived and like people seeing us.
Speaker 2: But I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I don't like being embarrassed. I don't embarrass myself, but I don't want somebody else embarrassing me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know what.
Speaker 4: I was out the other day and I was with a friend of mine and we went to get ramen and we you know, we had both taken edibles, we had smoked a little, so we were feeling good, and he was really chatty and at one point he said he said something like he was talking and I was like, oh, he's being kind of loud and this is kind.
Speaker 2: Of like silly, low key annoying. Wait do I know this person?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but he said some stuff and people could overhear him, and I was like, that's embarrassing. But the people that overheard were in on it, like they were like, oh yo, bro blah blah blah blah, like they were completely feel like they were there for the vibes.
Speaker 2: They felt good. He had he had a friend. Yeh, he made friends. And I was like, oh, maybe maybe he was me.
Speaker 3: We do be in our heads.
Speaker 1: But I mean sometimes remember when your brother came to my job and he started bring dancing step up to dance moves in the bar was crowded.
Speaker 2: My brother he was. It was shoulder to shoulder.
Speaker 1: My brother turned into black channing tatle he did and was he wearing a fedora that he was wearing he dis for dora. I didn't believe you weren't embarrassed. Friend, I'm always embarrassing. I'm always embarrassed.
Speaker 2: He starts to ray dance. I'm always like here, my friends are here. You don't be here for your brother.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: He formed a circle. He formed a circle like it was a dance battle.
Speaker 1: Like he was at a bobmitz yeah, and he started like Kung Fu Panda backflips and all ring around the rosie.
Speaker 2: It was insanity.
Speaker 1: And I'm got my tray and I got like pour watermelon Martini's and I got shots, and I see your brother doing all cap flips, acrobats, sir to so lay, I said a girl now job met him and he did that girl now he ce and got abs.
Speaker 2: But this is too much, bro. You know, I was embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Everything doesn't, but sometimes you just gotta let people be embarrassing, to let them do that.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not your mom. I'm not gonna scold you. I'm not gonna be like, listen, listen here, you little bitch. This is have some decorum. We at a bar. No, let them do that.
Speaker 4: They're grown You acting like that should not embarrass me because I'm cool. Really, That's what like I'm saying in the moment where where my friend was talking and I was like oh, everybody was like aha, and I was like, I guess.
Speaker 2: It was just me, okay.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing I think that gets really like nothing is black or white, but it's.
Speaker 1: Well, it is black and white because the white people don't get embarrassed with they people do crazy stuff because white.
Speaker 2: People are not a monolith.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're free.
Speaker 4: They see a crazy white person doing whatever, and they just like, Tom's crazy. But a black person. If I'm out and a black person is acting wild, I'm like, they think we came together.
Speaker 2: They think that's my ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I'm on the train and the one guy that's like being weird is like talking to me, I'm like, sir, I don't we don't know each other.
Speaker 3: Stop you're so familiar you be.
Speaker 1: Talking to them though, I because also I don't like when we ignore people who are obviously kind of going through something, like you could be that one person that changed their day, and I don't want to treat them like.
Speaker 2: Well, this is dangerous. You see, this is crazy. Why I understand.
Speaker 4: I understand acknowledging somebody that's there, but I also I'm not trying to put myself in harm's way.
Speaker 2: I don't know what this person is going through.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they feel about young black beaches on the subway.
Speaker 2: I don't need you snapping on me.
Speaker 1: I'm moving seats, I'm moving cars, that's valid. I'm not you sitting there you gonna have a pow wow.
Speaker 2: Not a pow wow, but you know, I'll chat it up a bit.
Speaker 1: You know. Remember, did I tell you a story about the guy named Macavelly, Yes, Maca I met on the train, the rapper.
Speaker 3: Yes, the rapper he was, and I honestly think he was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: He wasn't. He wasn't terrible. I would I didn't. I at first, I was like, now I have I have some money. I have some money in my first and we.
Speaker 1: Know you have you have four hundred and fifty two dollars in your purse. I had a couple of dollars. I had a couple of dollars with maca Velly. And he's chatting, and I'm like, all right, man. Like he after I give him the money, he would not move. And I'm like, I girl, because he saw you pull out your passport and unfold several hundred dollars and you gave him what did you give him?
Speaker 2: Like a ten or a twenty?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Girl, I give him five dollars? And you know he's talking. I said fine. Then he's like, can you uh, can you follow me? Sir? I give you five dollars. That is your follow Okay, is that five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it made me think it's like, I am so embarrassed by peddling my jokes or like things that I'm doing, and it's hard for me to promote. This man got five dollars for me and he said, I need you to follow me. So, you know what, maybe I need to move in the world more like Macavelly.
Speaker 2: Be more like Machavelly. Don't you agree. I think we need to get out of our own heads.
Speaker 1: That is mess the people thinking that, ooh, like I love the brain, but then I'm also like, throw it away, throw it in the trash, because it's you.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, you realize it's like it's never that serious.
Speaker 1: It never was, it will never be that serious, and it's just like have fun, throw things at the wall.
Speaker 3: If it doesn't work out, who cares.
Speaker 4: But when you think about the people who seem to be the happiest people that you know, just like think about the person that you feel like, oh, that person seems to be pretty happy.
Speaker 2: You have somebody in your head.
Speaker 4: It's usually somebody who like they marshal to be to their own drum. They like wear what they want. It's usually something real weird or misfrizzly or whatever, but they wear it. They maybe they have like a scooter or a Vespa or something stupid. They like drive a FI out or something.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like they don't drive the cool thing or wear the cool stuff or say the right.
Speaker 1: They just do.
Speaker 2: They just be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to be important, yes, you just. I think we gotta get out of our own heads. And just like for me, if something makes me happy, I'm gonna do it. If something doesn't make me I mean, I've been saying this.
Speaker 4: For years now, but like you know, when you're old and gray, Yeah, right, in one hundred years and you.
Speaker 2: Sitting in your house thinking about your life, you're gonna be like your own house, which I can't get an apartment right now? You talking about house, a whole house. I have motherfucking trick.
Speaker 1: Friend.
Speaker 2: Do you know me Sidney in a hundred years the house in two years, I don't know. I don't know the way. The landlord's got their hard bottoms on my neck.
Speaker 4: You jump through hoops and I have an apartment and my checks are about wode.
Speaker 2: I must have pished you off, my friend, nod it did it. Oh. I posted this yesterday. This, this is this is all I was going through it.
Speaker 1: I was spirally happened last night because again, you know, I didn't want to talk about this, but you know, another apartment fell through situation and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Damn, I just can't.
Speaker 1: I just maybe this is a sign, like the universe is like, you're not read. Then I get on Instagram. There's this little bee and it's like bobbing around and this woman is like, so I found this bee. It has like a you know, a fractured wig. It can't fly, and you know, I felt connected to this bee. So I started, wait like an act like a bumble like a bumboo bee. This is not an animation, sist, this is for real happening.
Speaker 2: The bee can't fly.
Speaker 1: The woman is like, you know what, let me build you a house. And it's a nice house. It's a two story house. It got chairs, it got windows.
Speaker 2: It's faus. Bees don't sit on chairs.
Speaker 1: Hey, this bee named Harriet, she was sitting her fat ass right, big ass.
Speaker 2: It was a big ass. It was a bumble bee. Not like that, you know what I mean? The bee had a two story Olivia cut that out. You know was fast. No, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was bees be bee, it was thick. It was thick be let be it was thick bee. The bee had a b b L anyway, b bl b b L was terrible's texting us. Now, uh so the bee is in the house living his life. The bee got wi fi the the bee is living flowers, honey, and so she then the woman is like, I gotta bring awareness about this bee. And there's probably other bees that are you know, endangered or you know they're they can't they got pushed out of their colonies, so they're just like loose.
Speaker 2: She don't know why this bee got pushed out. Predator.
Speaker 1: Could be this bee was meet to in the other bees they kicked them out. The bee could be diddy. They could have had frequent and that that bees being funny.
Speaker 2: You have to stop. That's my bad. Yeah, the bee has a.
Speaker 1: Messed up wing because the baby oil that was involved exactly exactly take that out living in So she's she's literally building this awareness and foundation for it, you know, being.
Speaker 2: Sound rich and board very much. So I'm sitting there on.
Speaker 1: Fire, I said, really want this be a house to beat us, because bees don't live there three days, three days in days. He didn't even get to move into the house.
Speaker 2: I said, no, the bee was there to be spent like there were people in the comings. At least she spent her last days in at home, and I said, I deserved my last days in her apartment. What about me?
Speaker 1: Girl?
Speaker 2: First of all, I said, do I need to get on the doughdough? Do I need to act like a little bummer and just be like one moving around like girl, bumbling girl. All I need is a home. Where is the lady, the board lady with the b house. Where does she live? Definitely not in New York.
Speaker 1: Well where it was four thousand commons, Marie, four thousand.
Speaker 2: People are pro b pro habby.
Speaker 1: Oh people will throw hands for bees. I don't know about that. We have to protect bees at all costs.
Speaker 2: All bees matter. Listen.
Speaker 4: Somebody un followed me on Instagram last week because I said there's a bee in my house.
Speaker 2: I need to kill it.
Speaker 4: She said, oh, we're killing bees? Unfollowed, She wrote you down, yeah, And then you know what I did.
Speaker 2: I blocked her. Did you kill a bee? Marie? Yes? I cannot you.
Speaker 4: Associated well, in the comments, everybody was like Oh, actually that was a wasp.
Speaker 2: Does that make it better? It was a wasp, a big gass wasp in my house. So our wasp like the thugs of bees, Like what is a wasp?
Speaker 4: The wasps are the angry ones and the bees are the fuzzy ones.
Speaker 1: So bees are chilly and the wasp are like angry. They're like they're like from the bronx. Then they get ready to they're ready to rumble. They're from the violin from East New York.
Speaker 2: No they're not. East New York is a nice place. That's where.
Speaker 1: No, it's can see some New York. It's meaning that this got an attitude. You know, was are there checks bouncing?
Speaker 2: Olivia? What can I get a bomb on that? But you know what what you just said? You you see how you're stung me? Like, yes, that was a wasp. Best comment was energy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess I'm a wasp, but I don't see no bumble bee over there?
Speaker 2: Whoa just be the same? Wow? Where have you been? I'm a hornet? Wait? Should we do some messages? Yea, yea yeah, let's do it. Let's do before we get out of here. Oh, we learned so much today.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 2: We got through some things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So if you're listening to this, you know this is it's a new year, it's twenty twenty five. Yeah, you should just do whatever it is that you want to do.
Speaker 2: Do it today. Unblock your ex, waste his time, tell him why leave him? Is that what it's giving? Listen, if I'm being honest with you about what I'm doing, there's no surprises. I'm in it out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's also that's also a scary thing, is like, I think it's weird when you tell somebody how you feel and what you do and they still go through with whatever.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's okay I want to.
Speaker 1: Do Yeah, but that's confirmation that you're awesome and the way that the delusion that you live can you spread that?
Speaker 2: Spread that honey on me?
Speaker 1: Every week every Tuesday, I come here and a Lulu the gospel of you know, be all that you can be, or be try you can't be.
Speaker 2: That might be the title. Friend. I'm not mad at that, thank you so much. But I do this all the time. Yeah, and you know why I'm allowed to be delusional. I'm not in my head. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready for the messages?
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 3: You guys are doing so well with the messages. We're really proud of you.
Speaker 1: You're working very hard, you're spilling, you're opening, you're being transparent, and uh.
Speaker 2: You're making them long but short, long but short.
Speaker 1: We're getting to the point you're setting the scene and we're getting in and we're getting out, and we appreciate that. So this one is a family mess to share. Hi, Sidney Marie. First of all, I just want to say I'm a huge fan of mess and oh thank you. I've been binging your episodes and thought who better to turn to with my family mess than you two.
Speaker 2: Our hearts so open for you. Here's the situation for context. We are African.
Speaker 1: I have an older brother who's irresponsible, ats and delusional at worst. He has a family of seven and has never held down a steady job.
Speaker 2: WHOA way is your brother? Whoa But also it checks.
Speaker 1: Out yes, his wife is the breadwinner and works tirelessly to provide while he bounces from one poorly planned entrepreneurial venture to the next.
Speaker 2: Damn, you ain't here for your brothers.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, I've been grinding since college, working hard, and that's usually how it is.
Speaker 2: For the ladies, building my career and securing my future.
Speaker 1: I'm in the C suite now and I've made wise decisions with money, and now my family reaps the benefits travel, best schools for my kids, and solid investments. I've done the work and I'm proud of where I am. Okay, Okay, period, dude, listen, boost yourself up.
Speaker 2: You deserve Okay. Here's where the mess comes in.
Speaker 1: A few years ago, a family friend offered our family, not just me, an amazing deal on a house from a recently deceased relative.
Speaker 2: We already know how this is about to go.
Speaker 1: I was the only one in the family with the right debt to income ratio, credit and financial standing, so everyone convinced me to buy it. Real estate is always a good investment, right girl. Well, the investment turned into my brother and his family moving in because of course they had nowhere else to go.
Speaker 2: Damn Gina. But I thought the wife was a breadwinner. She must not be winning enough breathin, No, she's winning the bread.
Speaker 1: But you know, the brother probably convinced, like, why do we need to get another house?
Speaker 2: We already got one in a family.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he swore he'd get a stable job and pay rent. But you already know how that turned out. His wife is breaking her back trying to cover their expenses, and now it's become too much for them to even pay me the rent consistently. Some months I don't even get anything. Other months I get rent in pieces over the course of months. Ooh, it's given. Klarma, Honey, you get mad enough. I told them it's time to sell the house so I can get out of this mess and cut my ties.
Speaker 2: Now the whole family's mad at me.
Speaker 1: They're acting like I'm the villain here, and I'm tired of enabling his irresponsibility. Am I the asshole for wanting to sell? Or is my brother the real problem here? Would love your thoughts, love y'all. Ooh, girl, you are beautiful with this.
Speaker 2: Thank you. This is guys, if you ever want to know how to write us something this It had details, it had twists. She was dragging. She boosted herself. Thank you, Marie. What's your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I think in a lot of families that have a girl and a boy, the sons usually get babied, so I'm not surprised that they're.
Speaker 2: Like, you should support your brother. I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Support him and his seven kids or I mean five kids and his wife. But yeah, I think that it's kind of easy to jump into a situation and be like, this is family.
Speaker 2: You'll get the money when I got it. No, I want it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I hate saying this on the record, but I don't f for my family like that. You can you, even though we blood and stuff. Like, I pick the people on one in my life, which sometimes sucks because now I feel like I'm just leaning on this chosen family of mine. But no, you don't get to just be related to me and then all of a sudden have all these demands or tell me what I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 3: It's not happening. I work too hard.
Speaker 4: I spent money to buy this house, and I don't know nothing about home ownership.
Speaker 2: Maybe you maybe, yeah, we don't. I don't. Somebody don't Olivia.
Speaker 1: Get an apartment baby, apartment ownership, okay, apartment rentorship.
Speaker 4: I don't know how homeowning works, but like, after you buy it, you still gotta pay taxes.
Speaker 2: The mortgage.
Speaker 1: I think it's like mortgage, like you put money down and then the mortgage is to like maintenance.
Speaker 2: Som housing y'all. Yes, no, yes, you gotta go, You gotta go.
Speaker 3: But what about the kids?
Speaker 2: Did I give birth to them? What about the kids?
Speaker 4: The kids need to know their dad is a bum and therefore they will grow up to not be bumps.
Speaker 2: Don't enable the baby. You've come from a long line of bums. Baby, My grandfather was a bum my grandfather's father was a bum my father father.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, no the buma bees no, yeah, yes, girl, don't feel I know it's a lot. I'm sure it's stressful, and I know that the family is putting pressure on you and making you feel bad.
Speaker 4: Tell the family what how much he owes you, and tell them to either as settle the balance or the house gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta find this money. Like any landlord, you gotta find this money. And if you ain't got it, we gotta we gotta get other tenants in here, or we gotta sell it.
Speaker 4: It's not even that she says she's ready to sell it. She don't even want the responsibility of being a homeowner.
Speaker 2: It's a lot.
Speaker 1: And I have friends who have home We have friends that have homes and they're like, baby, you that's why they're working so hard because it's not like you just buy a home and then you don't have to worry anymore.
Speaker 3: There's so much money that goes into maintaining a house.
Speaker 4: So like, you know, I think Beyonce and jay Z bought a house for like seventy four million dollars or something like that. After you pay that seventy four million dollars, you still got to pay money, Like I can't just I'm not done.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe with them, because they have the actual money, they probably paid it off, but you still have to maintain it. Doesn't You don't just buy a home and just let it go right like Swiss beats, Gahan nails done.
Speaker 4: You gotta get it wag, Yeah, to trim the hedges and work hyaluronic acid on the outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of work that goes into it. So maybe they just were able to pay it cash and then move from there. But a lot of people they getting them loans. They're paying a certain amount and then they have to pay you know, four thousand, eight thousand dollars a month. So yeah, sister, release yourself. Yeah, relinquish the shackles of family and be free. Hey, come up there like a boss. And be like, look your landlord, Hey, you're check bounced. She actually did it over the phone, yes, she said, and then she buried the lead. She didn't start with the check bounce. She was like, yeah, the guy is gonna come for the boiler today.
Speaker 4: Another thing because you are trying to wrap her up, are trying to get off the phone, and she sprung it on me that she lied.
Speaker 2: I need to see it. That should check that bounced.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, or tell your family this is how much the house costs. If you want to buy it off me, you can have it and he can stay there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel that. Oh yuck. This was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thank you friend, another successful messy episode.
Speaker 2: Oh are we done?
Speaker 3: Yes, we're done.
Speaker 2: Oh but I just want to read this one right here real quick.
Speaker 1: You want to Okay, oh my god, there's a picture of me in this mess Yeah, okay, get to it, getting.
Speaker 4: Divorced but never married. High ladies, Huge you Chogs fan, So happy you're back online. I'm a thirty five year old African American woman living in Chicago working as a professional.
Speaker 2: Recently bought a house. Okay, two people, boy house, you're laughed that that's our demographic home owner.
Speaker 4: As home owners, then quickly got pregnant with my then Caucasian male partner of nine years.
Speaker 2: I already feel I already feel bad about this. Yeah, let's call him Jim.
Speaker 4: Jim and I found out we were having twin girls. I was so terrified and excited to meet my new babies. I ignored how much he was drinking and gaslighting me. Fast forward nine months. His violence, rage, drinking, and gas lighting never changed. He would often threaten to kill himself when I told him he could leave or I would leave. After years of his abuse, I had enough. I decided to file a restraining order. Thank god, I guess them to protect myself and my babies. He and I are currently in court, and I'm losing my mind with dress. But I feel so much more at peace in my own house.
Speaker 1: I can breathe easier and feel my emotions which were fogged by my overactive nervous system. He's been trying to gaslight me through his family and his attorney. Okay, he got attorney money because he isn't allowed to talk to me. We haven't spoken in four months. Best thing I've ever done. Should I continue?
Speaker 4: Only asking for half of the child calls or should I ask for half my mortgage too? Miss attached photo of me and my babies, me and my ex, and me and Marie in Brooklyn in twenty twenty two. Oh I fairly, yeah, girl, Uh ask for everything, take it all, take all of it, and if you feel like you can get it, ask If you don't feel you can get it, you know, keep what you got and leave him far far away from you.
Speaker 2: That's all you know. This is, this is unpopular.
Speaker 1: Take whatever, but I hate these like emotionally physically abusive and it's like, I'm gonna kill myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye, okay later, don't put the me.
Speaker 1: Like writch a little note and do what you need to do, but don't threaten me with a good time. No, I'm kidding that was that was messed up. But I'm just saying, like I hear girls talk about this all the time, like the the their boyfriends are excess with spiral and say I'm gonna get my It's like, that's not like a throwaway line. That sucks, like to have that on your back, to have that. Yeah, but I don't want to be with anybody that is going to die without me. Oh is that so Romeo and Juliet, I don't want to be with you if you're like you're the reason why I breathe and I live, and if you leave me, I will die. Well, I guess you're gonna die because we have respectfully respectful, because I'm not I don't want to be here. So you saying that if I leave, you gonna die, then I guess you're gonna you're gonna die.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it bes like that. Sometimes it bees like that. Sometimes that's another title. You've been on the roll. And I appreciate you. Give me your hands, give me your hand. You do such great work for us. Thank you. I don't know what I would do without you. Will read I be with you, Okay, listen, thank you for listening. Thank you for that. S Sevenday. Let's add Sydney's apartment back to the brown of my son girl this time, this time next year, we're gonna be like, oh my god, it's a duplex full of bees. Shut up, bye, y'all.
Speaker 1: Mess with Sidney Washington and Marie Foston is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartRadio podcast created and hosted by Sidney Washington and Marie Foston.
Speaker 4: Executive produced by Olivia Aguilar and Hans Sonny, super produced by Becca Ramos, edited a mixed by Brian Jeffries. If you would like your messages read on air, please email us at mess Thepodcast at gmail dot com, or call for your messages to be played at seven six three two eight zero six five eight eight