Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. I love when things become full circle, and I'm having an official full circle moment right now. So when Misspelling started Misspelling Podcast, it was two years ago and I had just filed for divorce, and as all of you have probably seen in the news, I am officially divorced.
Speaker 2: Wow, dare I said it out loud.
Speaker 3: It must be real.
Speaker 1: But it is full circle. It's been quite a journey, and I got to say, this is a newbie for me in life. When I go and fill out forms at the Top's office, I'm going to be circling d no s for single all the aboves, a new venture in life. I like new adventures. So I gotta say, you, guys, this is something never said. This was one of the easiest divorces in Hollywood. You can quote me there, Yes, screw it, take Hollywood out. This is one of the easiest divorces. It's so interesting because Diana and I were together twenty years, married eighteen and while we had our ups and downs and problems throughout our marriage, We've had absolutely no problems throughout the divorce, which is I think a test meant to the two of us and wanting to really step up and be there for the five humans we chose to create out of love and setting a good example. Sorry's my voice cracking. I'm a little nervous right now. It's like really saying it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we it's so amicable.
Speaker 1: And I know, you know, the press wants to change the narrative, they want drama. Please give us a break. We had enough trauma throughout the marriage. Let us have a moment. We have no trauma. This is a drama free uncoupling and divorce. But yeah, we we didn't even do it through the court.
Speaker 3: We did it through.
Speaker 1: Mediation, which if anyone out there can ever do that, it's such a it's a retired judge. And you know, sometimes things are too you know, toxic between the couples that they can't work it out and they have to go to court, and that's really unfortunate and unfortunate for them, fortunate for the family and the kids. Dean and I had none of that, so we did retired judge. He was a lovely shout out to my lawyer, Judy. He was super caring and nurturing through the whole process. And I do want to point out that I have read the things online, and you know, people want drama, but there are some things that are taken out of context and some things that are just misinformation based on perhaps the initial filing. Dean and I came out of this divorce with a clean slate. Either of us asked each other for anything. We walked away as two complete parties that are just there to support love, rais and set a great example of how families can divorce, uncouple, and lead by example and still be there for their family, like our kids are the most important. And it makes me sad to think that so many marriages and not in a good place. And it's sad to think that the human that you started this beautiful, fairy tale esque dream, because that's every young person's dream, is a fairy tale, and to be the lead in your own rom com and to create such beauty full memories, to raise families together, and then one day it's just done and people walk away and they hate each other, they can't see each other, you know, it's it's just the kids go back and forth, and it makes me sad and I feel beyond blessed that.
Speaker 2: I have the opposite of that.
Speaker 1: I started watching All's Fair last night on Hulu The Law Show with Kim Kardashian, niecy Nash, Glenn Close, Namoi Watts, Am I leaving anyone out?
Speaker 3: It's Sarah Paulson.
Speaker 2: It's so good, but it really it does highlight.
Speaker 1: The bad marriages and the room avenge and the anger and the resentment that is left over when it's all said and done. And they do flashbacks of like beautiful times and then they cut forward how it ended so horribly and unfortunately they're showcasing probably what's a more accurate version percentage wise of what goes on with divorce.
Speaker 3: And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would just say, Dean and I will My voice is craggy again. Uh, Dean and I will remain friends.
Speaker 3: We get on better now than we did in our marriage.
Speaker 1: And I think there was just so much marriage is such a traditional thing, at least, you know, in my mind was checking off the boxes.
Speaker 3: What boxes?
Speaker 1: You know, it's our own unique experience, And yeah, we get along better now, uncoupled, unpartnered, just as two humans that are friends, that genuinely love and care about each other and care about our kids. And I just remember thinking, like in the past, what happens with divorces. Like you know, people always joke you get two Christmases, you know, you get two holidays of everything.
Speaker 3: And I don't remember Dean and I because.
Speaker 2: We both were divorced.
Speaker 1: We both were in first marriages, left those marriages and got married to each other, And we always talked about, gosh, wouldn't there be a beautiful world if exes could get along. I mean, keep in mind, this is the human that you chose in life, This is the human you chose to create a family with some huge connection there and they'll always be. So we always talked about, like, gosh, we never talked about if we get divorced, but you know, we were like, it would be such a great world. Families that could have holiday dinners together, that family trips together, when they go on to have new partners eventually all come together. What a beautiful extended way of looking at life, if it can be done again. Talking about the press, like it is ironic that everyone's been telling our story since the day Dean and I met, creating their own narrative.
Speaker 3: And I remember.
Speaker 1: People used to say, like, why'd you do a reality show? And I said, because I want to take back my power. I want to show what the real story is. You know, there's good stuff, there's bad stuff, but it's my story and we did shows together. It's our story, it's our family. And leaving it out for the press to create. I mean they had us divorcing. I remember there's there's magazines we can pull the headlines, like the tabloids when they were in print back then, like we give them six months. It was always Tory and Dean divorcing literally and it was like, no, I'm not gonna let them manifest my story here. And you know, we were just us, so I'm sure for the press they were like, ooh, this divorce has taken two years.
Speaker 3: Ooh, this is gonna be juicy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, oh sorry, sorry, it's anti climatic for the press, not for us, not for our friends, not for our family. Yeah, it really isn't There is nothing messy about it, and they wanted it to be, which.
Speaker 2: Is really sad. It's sad that we.
Speaker 1: It's an energy boost, I think, a life boost to watch other people's drama so you can take the focus off yourself. But yeah, we can do that through scripted shows. We don't need to do that by creating that for real people out there, because you know, our children do see things. And I say this for all celebrity couples going through divorce, Like the kids see it, the older ones. If they don't see it, their friends see it. Their friends don't see it, their friends' parents see it and tell their friends and then tell them, so be mindful.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: There's there's babies involved, and they'll always be our babies. Hey, it's nobody's choice to get a divorce. I mean, it's a choice, but it's not. It's not a choice like in your heart, Like, hey, I'm gonna go into this thinking I can get a divorce.
Speaker 3: You go into this thinking this is life.
Speaker 1: But Dean in some sort will always be one of my life partners. He is my human of sorts and I love him very much and he loves me very much. And our children seeing that it kind of takes the stigmatism, the nasty connotation of divorce off the table. It kind of gives them a new light on you can love and it's part of your journey, and you can lose part of that and keep going with that love story in a different way, redifine it.
Speaker 3: So that's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: We're redifining divorce and I'm officially divorced.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful journey. We had so many amazing memories together. And I think because we have both worked so much on healing individually, that.
Speaker 2: A lot of divorce couples.
Speaker 3: Remembered the bad stuff.
Speaker 1: When I look back now, and he and I were talking about this yesterday, when we both look back, we remembered the beautiful, great times, why we were together to begin with, why we loved each other so hard, and why we take the pleasure.
Speaker 3: Of raising these children together. Lead with kindness.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Sorry for once, Tori didn't bring the drama.
Speaker 3: Damn wait, am I losing my hedge? Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I'll bring you more drama, but not from divorce, not from that.
Speaker 3: That's it. Happy divorce Day.
Speaker 1: Thank