Speaker 1: After nearly two decades.
Speaker 2: Nineteen years Sonya Richards Ross held the American record in the four hundred meters at a time of forty eight seventy on the exact same day nineteen years ago. Nineteen years later, Sidney McGlocklin took it down in the semifinals of the World Track and Field Championships. McLaughlin Clark forty eight twenty nine. I think that's off ashes the seventh fastest time in history, not the eleventh, but it is the fastest time by an American. She took point four to one seconds off the American record. Sid says she was shocked at the performance, saying she wasn't expecting that. That's a blistering time, and she backed it down at the end. Maybe I'm the only one of that lied that. Remember when Matalin of Coke set the world record of forty seven sixty, there's only been two women that's ever cracked up forty eight. Cratchilova, who's an eight hundred meter runner, Ojo she ran forty eight ninety she ran forty seven ninety nine, and then Coke ended up running forty seven sixty. And if I'm not mistaken, I think she ran it from lane two. Now Nasa has been down there. I think she's forty eight eleven. I think Paulino, who's actually in this race. I think she's running like forty eight seventeen. Marie Jose Perect, the French lady. She's back to back Olympic champ. She also won the two hundred in Atlanta. She won the four and the two. I'm trying to think who else has been a low time? They had this Russian Brasina, she ran on the eighty eight team. I think she was the one to help flow Joe off. If I'm not mistaken on Joe, my memory serves me correct. They've been a few Kathy Freeman, They've been some great four hundred meter runners, Valerie brisco Hook, Kathy Freeman, Perect, Nasa, Paulino, Coke Cratchilova. The said McLaughlin, and she said something very interesting. She said, look, let somebody go up under forty eight before we start talking about forty seven sixty, because I don't think, I don't think understand what people understand just how fast that is for a woman that's book it. You literally, she's gonna, they're gonna, You're gonna probably have.
Speaker 3: To go out in twenty two seconds and hold it and come home in twenty five twenty five five. Let that thinking, because normally they're going out in twenty three and try to come home in twenty five. She's gonna have to go out in twenty two and come home in twenty five and a half.
Speaker 2: She's got the people in the race that could push her. Nassert takes the pace out. Paulino liked the track.
Speaker 1: She likes.
Speaker 2: She like she played with fire there and I almost didn't make it. But we'll see what her luck Sidney. Sidney's fitness is impeccable. I believe it's gonna take low forty eight forty eight, oh or they might have to dip under forty eight in order for her to win this gold medal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when is that race?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's today already over there, Well today, well it'll be it'll be today for tomorrow for us, because I think they're day ahead of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it'll be Thursday, so it'll be Friday for them.
Speaker 2: So then yeah, I mean, said man, And she told Louis she wasn't expecting that because you know, normally, oh show you, I'm doing just enough when to qualify the third plane and then now in the finals, I can drop the hammer. But to run forty eight twenty nine and take four to one point four to one off the American record, you cruising?
Speaker 1: She was cruising. She was cruising.
Speaker 2: And see this is why Simke Bowl the Dutch runner can't beat in the hurdles. She ain't got the footspeed she had the fue right, I mean, what you're gonna do? What what were you gonna do with someone that can run a forty can run forty eight seconds. I mean, it's gonna be very impressive if she abandoned the hurdles and sets her sight in twenty eight and the open door and she get the world record.
Speaker 1: In the in the four and the hurdles. Yeah, Lord, because I didn't think.
Speaker 2: I didn't think in my lifetime I would see somebody get this cold record, this forty records forty years old. I felt that, oh to. I mean, nobody's come close. There's only been two women in the history that's ever run sub forty eight, So what mad and nobody's coming close? Like a Nasa ran forty and eleven, but she got popped right, So like uh correct when she ran when she ran, and the French runner when she's a double four hundred.
Speaker 1: There ain't been a whole lot of women double up. I think.
Speaker 2: Seannie Miller Weibo, I think she doubled up also, But oh t, that's booking.
Speaker 4: That is booking, very and I think people really don't understand how fast it is in reference you're saying booking. Unless you watch track, unless you know track.
Speaker 2: You realize how hard it is to run, is how hard it is to run a fifty second lap, unless that's suspect to run forty nine, to run forty eight for a woman, and then we talking about forty seven. If see it get if see it break this world record, that record might be like both. You may have to go three four, five by three generations before you see somebody break that record, break it again, because I think that's what's gonna happen with both. Because we haven't seen we haven't seen anybody come close. The closest anybody's ever come was Tyson Gay and Johann Blake at nine sixty eight.
Speaker 1: He was at nine fifty.
Speaker 4: Eight, hey for boat was moving and everything.
Speaker 2: I still believe oh Yo had he not celebrated Beijing, right, I'm.
Speaker 4: Hitting the chest.
Speaker 2: He's low, he's low nine fifty. He might even go not sub nine fifty. That he broke the guys, he's light years in front of everybody. I just I just I just wish he I just wish. But he was so happy. I understand the moment. I just wish he had.
Speaker 1: Ran through the tape. I just wish he'd ran through the tape because that time would have never been broken. Nobody's ever.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to be on a motorcycle or have a hurricane behind you. That's the one or two things. You on a motorcycle or you got a hurricane behind you.
Speaker 1: That's it. Ever.
Speaker 2: But said she's she's in. She's in phenomenal shape. And I think it's gonna take a special time. I think it's gonna be forty eight oh or sub. I don't think I think the world record is safe. Me personally, I think the world record is safe. But I do think forty eight oh or maybe a tick on the forty eight.
Speaker 1: It is doable. I think it's doable.
Speaker 2: And then I think, uh, I think over the next you know, could she possibly double? They're gonna have to set the schedule like they did for Michael Johnson. Valerie Briscoe Hooks. I forgot about Valerie brisco Hooks. I forgot she was a great u uh. She was the first person to pull the double the four to two and she did it in eighty four. So we've had Shanja Cheeseborough, We've had some great runners in the four hundred.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, we got a great four hundred runner right now in the family.
Speaker 1: Oh your daughter, yeah, ryh Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Hope, I hope you watching? You see what said doing you know yucky shoo? Yeah? Yeah, she out there. Yeah, she had been in Kentucky. Yeah, yeah, she better be watching.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I think the head coach when Seid with with eedrich Floor, I think he's at University of Texas.
Speaker 1: Now, I think so. I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think he's at the un I think he's at UT now. But Sid's booking.
Speaker 2: As just the it's the seventh fastest, not the eleventh fastest.
Speaker 1: Correct, it's the leventh fastest. Nah mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna disagree because forty seven, sixty, forty seven, ninety nine, forty eight, fourteen, forty eight, seventeen, forty eight twenty five, Marie Jose Perect forty eight twenty seven OGA, Brazilia and Sidney McLaughlin's number seven at forty eight twenty nine.
Speaker 1: So I don't know where they get this from.
Speaker 2: The level the fastest timed by Kathy Freeman forty eight sixty three at the Olympics in Atlanta. So we're gonna disagree with We're gonna disagree with the USA today a USA track and field. Yeah, I would disagree the level of the fast hold on this says the level fastest time in history. How uh, pull it up? Pull it up, pull it up, ash right, quick google it because something ain't adding up. I hope they ain't threw men in there. Oh oh oh okay, So what they're doing if she ran more than one time under the time on the seas time, they're counting that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I was just.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look, I'm gonna leave that alone because we know where the system that the East Germans and the old Soviet had in place. But let's leave that alone. Hey, she ran the time, it got ratified. Hey, we'll leave that alone. Ocho, okay, okay, the eleventh fastest time, the seventh fastest person because Coke ran two, she ran forty eight sixteen twice, and she ran forty eight twenty two, So she got four of the top for the top fast seven seven times in the country, Gold medal in one hundred and ten meters hurdles, Grant Holloways trying to four pete Ocho has come to an end.
Speaker 1: Cordial tense? Who did I say? MJ? Who did I tell? I got cordial tense?
Speaker 2: Ran twelve ninety nine, Orlando Bennett Jamaica thirteen oh eight, Tyler Mason Jamaica, thirteen twelve, Richard the Japanese Runner ran thirteen eighteen. Jacoby Tharp ran thirteen thirty one. So it stays in the house. I mean it ain't the same person, but it's in the USA.
Speaker 4: Hold on, what flamingo?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: What place?
Speaker 1: He can you get?
Speaker 2: Made it to the finals? It's been a rough year. I don't know if he's injured. I don't know what he's dealing with.
Speaker 1: But he didn't even make the finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a three time world champion, three consecutive times, and he didn't make the finals. Dam And the fifteen herndit meters Isaac Nator, Portugal, three thirty four ten, Jake Rightman, Great Britain three thirty four twelve, renalds Chariot Kenya three thirty four to twenty five, Timothy Cheriot Kenya three thirty four to fifty, Neil Larrio the Netherlands three thirty four to fifty two, Robert Farkin, Germany three thirty five. Josh Kurr was doing Inger Bretson. I don't know what happened to him, but he didn't make it. Cole Hawker got disqualified for jostling and Josh curR, the reigning world champ. He dealt with a foot. He was dealing with a camph injury or something. He finished fourteenth and he didn't make it to the finals. Man's long jump the girl the gold went to Ferrolani of Italy eight thirty nine meters, beat Carl Lewis at the record as the youngest long jump World champ in history to tij Gaale Jamaica eight thirty four. She Joha China ate thirty three. So damn and the pole. Bault Mondo duplantis a new world record. Oh Jo six meters thirty he breaks the world He breaks the world record for the fourteenth time.
Speaker 4: Hey that's that's crazy because you know, you know I used the pole bowl now, huh yeah.
Speaker 2: Damns, what was the record six thirty meters that's over twenty feet.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I did by seventeen feet by my junior year.
Speaker 2: The former world record holder rune A Lava Lani within last place. He was an eighth place at five meters seventy five. He was the former former world record holder. And Sam Kendricks of the US five ninety five finished just just just off the podium.
Speaker 4: Dang, I remember them days.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: I was Scedu Poling and the shot put Ryan Krauzer in his first meet. He's been dealing with an elbow injury this entire season, but he came in and when he needed to be great. He was twenty two meters thirty four for gold moon Yas Mexico twenty one ninety seven, Silver, Leonardos for brief Italy twenty one ninety four. Tom Walsher the Netherlands excuse me, New Zeeland, excuse me. He was twenty one ninety four. But we uh, but it's unbelievable. Probably was able to do. I mean, just think about oh Joe the first time he threw the shot in competition. Was at the World Championship ye and he uncorks won twenty two meters in thirty four on his fifth throw.
Speaker 1: The greatest shot putter in the history.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He won three consecutive World Championships. He's won three consecutive gold medals. Obviously he's give him good gear up. Probably, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What help what you do.
Speaker 2: They only got the USA's next year, and then they got the World Championships in twenty seven, and then you got the Olympics in twenty eight. He's relocating. His wife's a doctor. He's moving to Nashville. I think she got a job at Vanderbilt. I think they're relocating from Texas, Oregon.
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, they didn't. They didn't force you when he was a high school to run track, ran track, so you at you ain't do the feeling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was a triple jumper, long jump through the discus.
Speaker 4: Okay, I did. I did shot putting, I did pobo. I ran four about one two hundred, I ran the fifteen hundred.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won the UH. I'm a three times state champ and the triple jump. I won the best performance trophy.
Speaker 1: UH. The farthest jump in the state meet.
Speaker 2: My senior year, I won the high point trophy, the most points accumulated in the state track meet. In the state track meet, my in my classification. My junior year, Yeah, I ran track. I was pretty good. Got recruited by a lot of schools.
Speaker 4: I still I still got my technique.
Speaker 1: Your legs too close together.
Speaker 4: I know my furniture white. I can't kick my furniture life.
Speaker 1: But uh, congratulations to all the winners, Ryan, crowds of gold medal. Yes, uh.
Speaker 2: In cordial tench unbelievable. We keep we keep the gold here, we go, keep that gold medal here. Hey, don't think I didn't see what y'all said, Jamaica, but were about to get that gold medal, were about to get gold and.
Speaker 1: Silver into two hundred.
Speaker 2: Let them know, y'all be talking, y'all make it seemed like the Olympics just inserted one hundred meters in two thousand and eight. When you say burst on the team on the scene. Now, I'm not gonna take anything from it. He's the greatest sprinterer that ever lived. Facts not gonna take anything from it. But when it comes to sprinting and and and it's an incredible What did Jamaica have been able to do when you look at oo a country that size you're talking about, you know what four million people? Yea, and to have the greatest I mean and and and some of the women. I mean you look at Shelle Ann Fraser. I mean they've always merlin Otti. Uh she never won gold, but you know she was always silver, bronze uh the Olympics and the World Championships, so.
Speaker 1: They've had they've had good, good sprinters uh.
Speaker 2: VCB for Ronica Camber Brown, Sharon Stewart, they've had great women's sprinters. So don't get me wrong. I don't want to say anything, but y'all know, y'all know what is right. Y'all know what taber is. Okay, So you go back and look at the World Championships over say, the last fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 1: I mean we right there.
Speaker 2: I know y'all think the Jamaica's you know, been running fast, but go back and look at it, go back and look it up. I know y'all only go back to two thousand and eight because you saying and I get all that, but you know, the Olympics, the modern Olympics, is one hundred and thirty years old. They first instituted of the Olympics, the modern Olympics, in eighteen ninety six. I'm just you know, I just say, I just say it.
Speaker 1: If you look at it, if you look at.
Speaker 2: It, gold medal in the Olympics, gold medal in the World Championships.
Speaker 1: I eh, I feel very comfortable.
Speaker 2: Y'all have I feel y'all have the greatest male and female woman sprint of all time. Yes, you saying it is the greatest, is the greatest male, He's the greatest sprinter woman sprinter?
Speaker 1: Is Shelle A? Praise your price?
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I'm not arguing that. I'm not. I'm not. I'm not arguing that Shelley add is unbelievable. I mean, five World championships, two Olympic goals, h a two hundred meters championship, two four point one championships. What's the RG He's the greatest? You said. I don't even have to say anything.
Speaker 2: I don't need to say, hey, you just say, you say both the greatest sprinter ever, Shelley add is the greatest woman sprinter ever.
Speaker 1: But you know, we're gonna see what we're gonna see. We're gonna try to think it. We're gonna beg it two for two sweep steaks, Hey, MJ and y'all already. Noah got something, y'all oblaque seeing the two hundred. Christane, go see him in the two hundred. Y'all want some, y'all want smoke?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all my fellow Jamaicans, Yeah, I love you, every last one of you.
Speaker 1: I give him Jamaica noxtails at least once a month. A yeah. Well yeah, but y'all be be talking reckless back.
Speaker 2: Look, first of all, it is an upset because Norah was the ragining Olympic and World champ. What do you mean it wasn't an upset. It is if you beat the champ upset. I'm not saying that Oblique hadn't been running well. No, I hadn't been No, I hadn't had a whole He was dealing with some injuries, that's what he said. He didn't run a whole lot, didn't run a whole lot one hundred meters, didn't run home. And he's he's taught himself. He's a two hundred meter specialist, like you saying that taught himself how to be a good hundred meter run. Oh ya, but I gave Seville and and and Thompson the credit. They go under gold and simply dead to beat him.
Speaker 4: But I'm worried. I'm worried. I'm worried about this two hundred looking he seems.
Speaker 2: To be fit, so it should look. We know about we know about Noah, we know about the Narried, we know about Tobogo. I don't know if anybody else can really challenge those three. Noah seems to be as he's run and he had to run rounds. He's kind of run himself. Uh uh condition to where it needs to because there's nothing like racing. You got that practice all you want to, but you got a race, right, You got to get your body condition to run those four rounds.
Speaker 1: And uh, I like no chances we'll see. I love it now, I don't like everybody.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it, Yes, and if he if he doesn't win, it's going to be an upset. It is.
Speaker 2: I know Tobogo, but I mean you're talking about the guy that's won what three world championships. Uh, and everybody that's in this race. He has the fastest time he's run nineteen thirty one he has the fastest time this year in nineteen sixty three. Big Nerik is closed behind him in nineteen sixty seven, and then Tobogo is at what seventies nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: We know Tobogo is running.
Speaker 2: I think he ran nineteen forty one nineteen forty three at the Olympics, So we know Tobogo can run. We know he has two hundred meters capabilities. He got dqued out of the one hundred meters. But it's gonna be interesting to see. God don't know it. Who want a bad something on it? Put something on it? What y'all got, What y'all got, Jamaicas, What y'all want to put on this? But y'all want to put a man out of yourself. I'm taking Noah, were getting gold and silver. We're gonna pay y'all last back. Y'all took gold and silver in the hundred. We fin to take gold and silver into two hundred. That what we're about to do, O joe, That we're about to do. What we got next?
Speaker 1: What we got next? Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: One NFL scout field Aaron Rodgers looked more comfortable with the Steelers that he did during his camp final campaign with the Jets. FC scout told ESPN Jeremy Foler that rogers Week five game with the Jets last season in London mark six to eight weeks of absolute zero mobility due to injury. He was compromised and it showed. But just being a year removed from an achilles tear, he seems a little bit more secure and a little less hesitant compared to a year ago. After Week two lost, Rogers said he believed he's moving a little bit better than in the season opener. Look, first of all, he's fought about to be forty one and he's coming off in Achilles injury. I mean, it wasn't like he was Michael vick or or Lamar Jackson to begin with. But at your age, and you got that that's a significant injury. Oho, that used to be a death sentence. You got that injury.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now they're a career ender. Put it like that.
Speaker 2: So but for him to still be able to like he can buy time, ojo, he was not. He was athletic enough to get out of harm's way and be able to move. He doesn't move with it the ease that he once did, but he still can he can make it. He can move well enough to make plays. And yes, the year is the year after the surgery, but it's the year after that, o Joe. So last year was that first year, but that next year after you get a little bit of that. That's the Adrian Peters of sports, because we saw a guy get his tear me up in December and then come back just will follow in September, and it's like, ain't h man, they lied? He twenty ninety seven won't the MVP offa the yees. So he got people spoiled that have a significant injury and come back And it wasn't the year after, it was the very year after.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a year after the year, it was that next season and he did that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but uh, I think the thing is is that with Rogers, if you go back and look at him, Ojo the games that he played really well Jacksonville and Miami. Late in the season, it's warm weather. We'll see when the temper just starts to get cold, and it will in Pittsburgh and the temperature will get cold and where Ojo Cincinnati, and it will get cold in Baltimore. And you know, as we get to Oh, there's a reason why people moved as people start to age. They moved to Arizona, they moved to Florida. They not tried to be a no damn cold whether city choe. Okay, like my grandma said, you old booms ain't what they used to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, even though even though he's not where he used to be, he's coming from the coldest where the city replaying football and then being in Pittsburgh it gets cold. But we talk about you know, thirty forty that's cold. You're playing below zero, Yes, those zero at times. So I think he's gonna fare. He's gonna be okay, especially a year and a year removed from that surgery. He's gonna be all right, especially with the scout is saying about him looking a little more calm, a little bit more comfortable in the popular especially when he's having to extend plays. You know, he's gonna be alright. You're gonna be all right, right, Oh.
Speaker 1: Choll say he's gonna be alright. Oh, y'all Atlanta Facons back up.
Speaker 2: Kirk Cousins isn't unanimously viewed as an impact or contributor under center within the league. According to the NFL NFL inside of James Palmer, there were some people around the league that I talked to. Kirk Cousins is essentially done. Nah, he's still collecting the check. He still got somebody danna receive the report that the Falcons don't have any immediate plans to trade Cousins despite several injuries to starting quarterbacks on opposing teams.
Speaker 1: I think if somebody reached out.
Speaker 4: I don't hate. I don't hate Atlanta. Don't hate because what your kid, what you could do? Listen. I'm not Mike Brown, I'm not Katie Blackburn, I'm not Troy Blackburn. I'm not Duke Toobin. But I know if all else fails, we can go ahead and get Kirk Cousins over there the Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: What's money'll pay that? You know he got?
Speaker 2: You know he got that forty million on that contract. Oh Joe, this year, I know, and he got another He gave fifty thirty with me. Now, how much of that is Atlanta willing to pay? I'm not finishing, Oh, Yoe. So let me get this straight. You want to move in the my house and you want well, hey, how much how much of the mortgage are you gonna play nothing because I've.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm I'm just I'm just throwing at I'm just thought, listen, I'm just talking. I know what he can do at the quarterbacks when it comes to throwing that goddamn ball. And you got too phenomenal, the best duo in the NFL over there in Cincinnati. But we're good.
Speaker 2: We got Yeah. I do believe because guess what, O Yoe? You know your offensive line is not the best. And what can and what can he do?
Speaker 1: Move? Yeah?
Speaker 4: He can't, so he can't. That wasn't necessary, though. You ain't have to bring that up.
Speaker 1: You want to get dam and be like Joe Burrow. So you have two quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: You didn't need to bring up anything about our offensive line. You didn't have to do.
Speaker 2: Y'all know the offensive line ain't good. They say they know your offensive line ain't good. O.
Speaker 4: Yo, it's better than the Broncos.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 4: Did y'all win last week?
Speaker 1: No, we did not win, O Joe.
Speaker 4: Hey, Well you shouldn't be You shouldn't even talking about football. You shouldn't even be talking about football.
Speaker 1: Okay, got me, you got me?
Speaker 2: Ben Johnson says Bears don't have championship caliber practice habits. Yet the Bears are zero to two and on the NFL worst point differential minus thirty four, which pretty much speaks for itself. For Johnson to problem stem from the part of bad preparation because his squad practice bad habits aren't yet reflection of are yet to reflect a championship caliber team. We should be going to football finishing hard. We talk about this all the time with offensive players that are fundamentals. I finished our technique, then they show up. If it walked through, that's you. Let me finish this on, Joe. They need to show up on the practice field. That's how you show up on game day. Simple things, how we properly blocked, how we catch the ball, how we block after the catch, ball.
Speaker 1: Security, things like that.
Speaker 2: It's the little things that you learn in youth league football that even at this level, they make a huge difference.
Speaker 1: When Mike first got there nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: O Joe, Yeah, put up.
Speaker 1: They'll say this is what I expect.
Speaker 2: You catch a pass. I don't care how far the past is. You finish forty yards, okay, he said. When we do walkthroughs, it's really not a walkthrough. It's a job through. This is how we do. We don't walk on the field, We don't walk off the field. We jog on, we jog off. They thought Michael bullshit, They thought back was bulldriving right right right after he started cutting a few people. We got everybody underbout the attention.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely, and then.
Speaker 1: You know we win in everybody start to feel good, O Joe. We go to walk through.
Speaker 2: Guys out there in tims, guys out there, guys out there in tims, guys out there in ugs hey, because Mike would be like, we like we be practicing right wire with Joe. Mike would be down there, like twenty thirty yards. Yeah, and he had his arms folded. It didn't normally he's to have his arms. He normally have his hands in his pockets. Anybody you played for the Broncos or you're a reporter, you've been around him. You know he's standing down there, he got his hands in his pocket that day, has arms.
Speaker 1: Just like this here.
Speaker 4: I'm like, man, who was that? Who was acting? I'm damn Tim, That's what I want to know.
Speaker 1: I was he?
Speaker 2: He ain't say nothing because normally you know he has he he had a call sheet, and you'll cool. He'll like cool, which means he wanted to see the first play again.
Speaker 1: Cool. Right, he wants to see plays number six again. I ain't say nothing. Well, laugh out y'all.
Speaker 2: So we run through it. You know, we run through it to our offense. Defense, come offense again. Defense might call it up. You're like, you know because normally he when he called everybody to get up, you know, we run up there with you. Ain't no dragging around. We run up there like like feed us the last time or something.
Speaker 1: We run there.
Speaker 2: You got to get a good, good old meal. But anyway, he paused, he don't say anything. Then all of a sudden, he said, I don't know what the hell y'all think.
Speaker 1: The seals m He said, this is real. This is what you do.
Speaker 2: This is what you get paid for. Everybody's here because I want you to be here. And when we come out here, we don't do.
Speaker 1: Things the right way. Sometimes we do things the right way all the time.
Speaker 2: Now, whoever I see and them tumbling boots and shower with shoes and and ugs, you won't be on this team no more. But but oh Joe, you know how you know? I said, man, Man, come on, bro, just put on oho. Remember you used to have urse shoes, ohoe, cause you have a little knocking. Yes, yes, I said, God, I'm not gonna work. Please just put those on so you could. Oh Jo, how you a dB and gatto gatt on teams? Come on, come on, Joe, you a linebacker you got on teams? You a wire receiver you got on teams? Really, just walk through though, walk It ain't gonna walk through. Told you it ain't no walking through, ain't no walking I look like y'all man John throwing the ball thirty yards down in the field. How the hell you gonna do a walk through? And you walk and then he throwing them all thirty yards? Hey man, I bet you, I bet you ain't. Nobody else showed it on that bulle eye. Manm guy was coming at it.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe. They got on, they got on, the jeans they got on. Then they try to get slicked. They have on they have on sweats over their jeans. Yeah, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: When I try to tell them, man shop okay, okay, okay, So you're right, you're right. I'm gonna leave it alone. You right, You're exactly right.
Speaker 1: M hm. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Dabbo Sweeney defended this program, which started one and two during the Heating News cover, saying, Hey, listen, if Clemson's tired of winning, they can send me on my way. But I'm gonna go somewhere else, and coach, I ain't got to go to the beach. Hell, I'm fifty five. I got a long way to go. Y'all gonna have to deal with me for a while. All we've done is win. Well, we've won the league eight out of the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Is that not good?
Speaker 2: I'm just asking, is that not good? To win your league eight out of ten years, go to the playoffs seven out of ten years, being four national championships, win to win it twice. Yeah, we're gonna little down right now, take your shots. I've got a long memory. We'll be all right. We'll bounce back.
Speaker 4: Every single season. Oh chall he every single season as a coach, every single season as a player. You gotta update your resume every year. You gotta update your resume. So brother brother Dabbo talking about what they did in the past as if it holds any weight today.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 4: It's great for stories, it's great for conversation. Barbershop topic topics. It has no effect on the program. And you being one and two, I guarantee their tickets ass in Alabama right now. You know he played wide receiver at Alabama. Debo, Okay, it's that boy. You knew noring to side. They had a way of pronunc pronunciating thing.
Speaker 2: It's that boy. And they thought they was They thought they were saying dabbo right, hence dabble. Oh you know, we gotta wait, we gotta wait with words, Oh.
Speaker 4: Joe first, yeah, yeah, yeah, Look.
Speaker 1: It happens. I mean, no, winning the league eight out of ten years, it's great.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Being in four national championships and winning two is great. Could have won three, could have lost. I mean the one you lost to Alabama the first year, you could have won that one. The one you won lost, the one you won, you could have lost that one. Uh. You wasn't beating LSU. They beat the breaks off y'all. They beat the absolute breaks out of you.
Speaker 1: Uh but nah he Uh. Now, Dabbo's a good coach. You ain't. You ain't.
Speaker 2: There ain't very many coaches coaching right now better than Dabbo. There ain't very many head coaches coaching right now. Got a resume that's as impressive as hells. I know Ryan Dave has been winning Kirby smart, but you ain't going much further than that that you're taking over dabbo. Right, I'm just saying not not not his resume, not the amount of guys that he's put in the NFL, not too many times that he's like he said, he's won the title and you know he's been in the college football playoffs seven out of ten years.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, that boat doing okay? Like I said, fired, I bet you Alabama high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and be high in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: All right on your na's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for q at A.
Speaker 4: Listen. I'm ready for tomorrow. I forgot. I forgot to tell you too, I got I forgot to tell you. I see, I know you. I know you don't like this kind of stuff. Like you know, I love blues, I love classical. Uh, I'm I'm an enthusiast for all the old school arts man from the fifties and the sixties and the seventies. If you ever have a chance, just just do me a smart favor, you know, take Please, please go see the rat Pack show at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino. I know, I know you're probably not in a Sonatra like I am in the in the rat Pack and Dean Martin and Sammy. I'm telling you just you got to see it one time. You got to see it one time. The guy who plays Sammy, David Jr. He told me to tell you hello. He told me to tell you he loves watching the show. But it was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you told me to be going to the Gris Cafe. What happened? I was?
Speaker 4: I went there every morning. I went there every morning. While I was there went matter of fact, hold on, listen to me. Miss her name is, Miss Trina is waiting on you. I hold, I say, I say, Matrina. I have told him to come to Chris Cafe over and over and over. Trust me, he gonna get here. I don't know what time you wake up, but he gonna come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They waiting on you. You ain't eve got to pay for nothing but the food that is phenomenal. You hear me? Man? Please?
Speaker 2: Man, Well, no, I'm just saying some dang oh yo, ain't ain't calling me so I guess, uh.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, I gotta be up at seven o'clock in the morning. You ain't gonna ain't gonna get it that the early up I get up.
Speaker 1: I'm up at six thirty walking Titus. I got to walk in before it get hot.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, my bad.
Speaker 1: Plus I grew up. I realized I grew up in I grew up having to get up early.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, you know you know my routine, especially when I'm in Miami. I'm up at five o'clock, I'm I'm at the gym at six boom, seven o'clock. I'm eating breakfast wherever I'm eating it at. I mean, you know, but you got to hit Chris Cafe. I needed to hit that. I needed to try Old Food Cafe, which is right on Rainbow Boulevard. Nice soul food, yeah, fish and grits and indeed and then just a one one night unk. Just please go see the rat Pack show at the Tuscany Hotel and Casino. That that's all I ask you. Matter of fact, that's your homework. Matter of fact, I ain't paying you till you go see it.
Speaker 1: That he ain't gonna pay me. He gonna put the mand on which he paid me back my money.
Speaker 4: No, listen, because I want you to be able to experience what I was able to experience last night. Unbelievable. I mean, see, you're you're not really into that that that kind of music like I am. But until you experience it and be like, oh, this is what it was like back then in the sixties with Sammy Davis and Dean Martin and the chemistry, the fan engagement.
Speaker 2: I want to I paid like one hundred dollars. I could experience it. I could really experience it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm I'm a call up there and pay for the tickets.
Speaker 1: Nod in my pot.
Speaker 4: I got you. Hey, what's your Apple Pay? I give you ie you right now, ze z. You don't want to PayPal? They got all these apps.
Speaker 1: If you really want, you said, can you send that much money on Apple pay and stuff?
Speaker 4: Yes, the limited seventy five hundred, I ain't.
Speaker 2: No, Yes, yeah that is Selly got it. Shelley got Vinmo and I think Apple Nah, she got Vinmo and Zael.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can sell it to her.
Speaker 2: Tell her just send me the number, all right, keper Nor what Junior said, My question is what are your top four super Bowl party snacks?
Speaker 1: I think you got to have like chips gotta be number one, Oh Joe, you gotta have chips.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course, of course any any.
Speaker 1: Chip related Freedo, Doritos, potato chips what? No one of the that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Kso you gotta have some ksojo? Hell is caso like cheese, the cheese with with ground beef in it?
Speaker 1: Y'all you don't have it?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't know about no caso. I ain't never had no kso what else?
Speaker 1: Uh? Wings?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, wings wings as. I ain't been to a super Bowl party in so long. Hell, when it's the super Bowl, I'm mat todamn. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't have super Bowl party because guess what who you for? You ain't for my team.
Speaker 2: You can't come over. You ain't finna be jumping them cheer to my house? Stay cheer in your damn house with Hey who you fuck?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm for such a s Okay, come on over. Ain't nobody cheering? You not finna be in my ear? Your team winning that I canna put you.
Speaker 4: Out right, See, I don't. I don't like super Bowl parties. On for the simple fact that all the drinking and the noise in the party. I like to actually watch the game. I like to see everything on the fold when it's nice and quiet. I like to hear the announcers like.
Speaker 1: Man and they good Man Man Shop. You turn it off.
Speaker 2: No, you can't hear at the bar. When you go to the bar. You can't hear them games. It's so much noise going on. You don't hear nothing. Now you want to come over here and pretend like, uh huh.
Speaker 4: You listen to the super Bowl with no sound?
Speaker 1: God damn, o Joe, I haven't heard. I have.
Speaker 2: The only thing I listened to with the sound. The only thing I listened to with the sound is Track and Field. I don't listen to basketball games. I don't listen to football game. Oh Joe, I find myself man watching TV.
Speaker 4: It's like.
Speaker 1: I'll close Captain. Good for me. It's done happen so much. I mean, I don't even I wouldn't even know. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: The only thing I listened to with the sound of Track and Field because I get so excited to hear them call the game.
Speaker 1: Uh to call the vid auto bowt and.
Speaker 2: Signa Richard ross Man Tom Hammers used to be my favorite, the new guy they got No I love him too.
Speaker 1: Tom Hammler was amazing. But that's the only thing.
Speaker 2: And I don't watch I don't listen to any I don't listen to any sporting event with sound. So I'm trying to think. So it's wings, So wings, Wings gotta be one hot Oh I know you got hot dogs at your super Bowl party.
Speaker 4: This I like my hot dog. Man, if if you have anything and you want me to show up, have some damn hot dogs. I don't need.
Speaker 1: I said, chips.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm trying to think the last time I had an event, I mean it was man, I might have been. It's probably been about fifteen years. Yeah, chips, wings, I don't know. I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: Piece.
Speaker 2: I just I just get a bunch of I just say, chili. Get a bunch of stuff that you think people would like, right, they don't like it. It's going in the trash.
Speaker 1: So nothing A. You're eating no paper, so don't be asking mele hey man, where the plates at? Right there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I ain't nobody watching the same.
Speaker 4: See see we the same? I lived like that three sixty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I don't yet. I don't eat out nothing. I don't eat nothing.
Speaker 4: Kids, kids, come here, I need a cup. We'll go to the rest. Right there, ay them Dixie, the Dixie plastic plastic plates. They right there. We don't have no civil up. I got all plastic everything, plastic, four spoons and knives, man o jo.
Speaker 1: When I moved to La I had two forks, two spoons and a knife.
Speaker 4: That's all you need. That's all you need.
Speaker 2: And when I moved, when I moved to Vegas, they left everything. But they say, oh Joe, the house as is, oh till the only thing they took with their clothes got the closet. They left towels, they left linen, they left wine, they left beer, they left utimps. They took nothing. They left warp cases of water. When I say they didn't take anything, they didn't take anything. If I didn't know, they might be a witness protection They somebody hiring from somebody because they were gone.
Speaker 1: Why not say, King, O Joe, what career would you rather have?
Speaker 2: Winning two rings of the practice squad player or making the Hall of Fame and having no rings making the Hall of fame?
Speaker 1: No damn practice squad.
Speaker 4: You that kind of question.
Speaker 2: I mean, you gotta you gotta say, okay, be a good player and win two rings, or make the Hall of Fame a practice squad.
Speaker 1: Oh you you didn't get to play in the games.
Speaker 4: You just got that.
Speaker 2: He Nah Aaron Jones. With that Vegas reference, you're proving that the players know too. Uh So, why is it a big deal? Tom isn't and uh Tom isn't in any other private practices. You're missing the point. He's talking to coaches. You think any of the coaches that potentially might play the Raiders, we got a different opinion. It's okay. Eron Ephrom Rogers says, nice jacket. Oho, look like it's worth fifty nine hundred. Salute, gentlemen. Keep going, y'all.
Speaker 1: See that chance that chat. Hey, this man on Broadway, this man really played in my face, y'all.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on the Louis Vuitton stuff. You're seeing you seeing, you're seeing me where as of recent and because I'm trying to get a brand deal with Louis Baiton and it sain't the same. This sain't nothing like that. See, my my baby brought me this she brought me the little sett You got a little pants too.
Speaker 1: I know, I know it's the track outfit. Yeah see that? What what have your baby to pay me my money? I take her, I take, I take from her.
Speaker 4: Hold on, it's it's I gotta pay child support. It's the end of the month.
Speaker 1: Okay, Nah, you played child spot at the beginning of the month.
Speaker 4: Well now listen, now those I have kids from we we we negotiated and not pay on the back end of them.
Speaker 1: But how you how your baby break me off my money?
Speaker 4: Fifty she watching, I'm gonna ask them. Baby sitting on that fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 1: J agrid, I know what you ain't on here, tried to make best.
Speaker 2: You still owe me a jersey from last year Steelers wearing break bread, oh yo, or break that jersey?
Speaker 4: Hold on, time out, time out, time out? Listen. I love my Steelers fans. I love y'all. And you know you know I've always shown respect and grace. I don't remember making that back, I'm sure I surely don't. Did we shake on it like we ain't shake on that? That really ain't no.
Speaker 1: Bet bad, oh Joe. We usually go go right here, just oor and everybody.
Speaker 4: I owe nobody, nothing, only only only only people I owe right now, is ir s that's it?
Speaker 1: You owe me fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 4: Well you might have to talk to Uncle Sam first.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to guardish your wages. Oh Shore, I'm sorry. I'm about to best your credit up. I beout. That's what I got to do. I guess got guarded your wages? Chat? Should I guard its?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yourna pay me with my money? Chat? He ain't gonna pay. He just won't do right.
Speaker 4: I promise.
Speaker 1: I told you.
Speaker 4: Listen, go see the rat Pack show in Vegas. I'm gonna pay you as soon as you tell me how it was.
Speaker 1: Can I go see another show?
Speaker 4: No, you got to see that one.
Speaker 1: I'm telling.
Speaker 4: No that No were talking about rap Pack, Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 1: You're fan. I'm gonna go see Michael Jackson play.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 4: Oh man, you don't understand, so you don't understand it to you, all right, I'm making you for comparison in better context for today, the rat Pack. That show is equivalent to going to a Chris Brown show, going to see Beyonce. That's exactly. Oh lord, I'm telling you, I'm telling you, I'm telling you that I'm giving you the comparison to what it was like in the fifteen and sixties. The rat Pack was equivalent to Beyonce and Chris Brown back then stage presence.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, oh I thought you said, okay a part of the show. I mean I've seen it. You know, they talking, they say smoking the cigarettes.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and they do all that they do every It's like you back in the sixties. Go check just check it out for me. Man, please please waiting on you.
Speaker 2: Tino David said, oh, my birthday is tonight at midnight. O yo, I want a jersey, Tino, Happy Birthday. I don't know about that jersey. He's gonna make promises, but you're probably not gonna get it. But anyway, happy birthday. Enjoy today, do something fun the year around the sun.
Speaker 1: Man, and make sure birthday. Make sure you're.
Speaker 2: Telling the man thank you for allowing you to see another one. Oh yeah, Big Church said someone had too much lapoortire to drink tonight. Take away a bottle up. Bro y'all actually think I get on here drunk? Y'all actually think I would? I would go, y'all on that I would. I don't show up on that man job drunk. What makes you think I'm gonna show up on my own at my own place drunk? Come on that well, y'all.
Speaker 1: But you know what O Joe now?
Speaker 2: Saturday, he was at the fight. I can I confronted stephen A. Not what they said online.
Speaker 4: That was a simple conversation, a funny conversation because they could see me sitting there laughing my ass off.
Speaker 1: Stephen A, did you hear stephen A? Did you hear what Steven they said about it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: What was? What was Steve? What did I tell stephen A? What what did he stephen They told y'all said to him? You ask me?
Speaker 4: I can't. I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I asked him.
Speaker 2: I said, you told me that when I saw you again, You're gonna have a six pack, I said. He said, man, I am, I gained one hundred and eighty seven because I was, I was tossing. That isn't a sixth pacts Steven Dad, he's our game. I don't put on twin I don't put on fifteenth. I think he said fifteen pounds. He said, man, he said, you know I'm back to eat my uh my crunch berries. And something else. I said, See that is what you told me. See, I ain't there to keep you. I ain't there to hold you accountable. He wasn't no conprosation. What what about confronting steven A about?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It was so funny. I posted, I posted us all talking uh missus. But I put the song we Are One by Frankie like, I don't know, it's just.
Speaker 1: I said, how did you come to the well?
Speaker 4: You know they're gonna make up there. That's all. That's all you can pay that you pay that no mind, child that man.
Speaker 2: I talked to steven A on the phone. I mean I talked to him so there would be no need to come front him if we have a if we talk on the phone, which we still do. Yeah, why do y'all want Why do y'all want drama? Why y'all want to do? So? What would I confront stephen A about? I'm just That's that's what I need somebody to tell me what I'm gonna confront him about?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Nothing?
Speaker 4: You know, you know, the meetia, the meeting gonna run with that. They're gonna create their own little narrative, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't you know one guy say, you know he can't read lifts, but he could read body language. Boy boy boy must love cash. Super Bowl party not cap live at O Joe's house. I bring plastic cups mustard for my Glizzie. Yeah, we'll have it right down there in that white room.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, John, And I need red I need red kool Aid.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. But when I take what everything in here is white? Everything ain't no, ain't nobody coming there but my kids. My kids got to come here and they take the shoes off. They can't touch nothing. Don't sit on nothing. Go straight to your room. Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah mm hmm, Like my grandma was back with me. Don't you sit on that couch? I say, why I can't sit on the couch And you got plastic over it?
Speaker 1: That ain't you to sit on?
Speaker 4: Man? Go man, go go to your room.
Speaker 1: As Straud said, oh YOUO like hot dogs without the bun? Damn o yo? Why would I?
Speaker 4: Why would I not? Without the bun, it wouldn't be a hot dog. That makes no sense. I don't like no condiments on my hot dog. I like my hot dog with the bun. Bun slightly warmed up a little bit, squeezed it together and you eat it. Sometimes, if it's people around me, I break off a piece, jugged it like dice, pop it in So it's still so I still look cool.
Speaker 1: Let you have that one. OO.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know, next year, this time, you're not gonna be able to see that. Okay, you KNOWA I got, I got you, I got what.
Speaker 1: I ain't say nothing. You know, next year this time, you know I'd be all probation.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay ah.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. We'll be back tomorrow after the Dolphins lose to the Buffalo Bill happen, but we'll be back tomorrow. Thank you guys for joining us. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite on Shanna Shop and there he is my partner and co hosts. That's Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Hoarnteri, the former pro bowler All Pro. He's Chad Ocho Sinko Johnson. Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you since from the bottom of our heart for your support and you'll continue support. Thanks to you, Nightcap is what it has become. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. If you can't find it in a city or straightenar you order it online, will ship it directly to your door. It is the best tasting premium vesupe kangjakt on the market and if you haven't tried it, when you do, you'll know that to be true. We have a very special commenitive edition Shaved by Lapotier to commemorate my brother being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Just head over to la Portierconnac dot com to order your bottle before they're all gone. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platform shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned into the chat. Congratulations Sidney McLaughlin on the new American record in the four hundred meters Cordell tench Congratulations twelve ninety nine world champ. And Katie Moon Congratulations Pole Vault World Champ. Thank you, Thank you, thank you for your your your competitive spirit, and thank you for break a m J.
Speaker 1: We count on you, Nor Kenny mm hmm. Jamaicans must go down, and they must go down. He's oh yo. See you tomorrow night after the game. Peace.
Speaker 2: W