Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Awake and Jake myself, Jake's story Ellie producer BBD going through the world of Deporte's baseball is obviously killing it those on the YouTube. I am flexing my left bicep right now. We got a little vain action. Okay, playoffs have been awesome. It's funny going back in hindsight, and I think it'd probably be funny going back to last year's Waking Jake's are talking baseballs or whatever and being like, you know, I'm sure we were locked in to the playoffs. In fact, I know we were locked into the playoffs. But the Texas Rangers were blowing teams out. The Snakes were running it up. I mean, their comeback series against Philly was pretty cool, but it was also a lot of big leads early and stuff like that. These postseason, these postseasons, this postseason has been incredibly dramatic. Even Yankees Royals Game one, which we'll get Game two tonight, but that was back and forth every inning for a while. It was literally the most lead flips in a playoff game or some ish like that. The Mets are doing actual voodoo or something at this point, but they got out Voodoo at the end by the fight in Phillies. The Dodgers Padre series is living up to every part of that billing, although I do think have some hotter takes on that end of the spectrum and the rude way to end at Cleveland and Detroit are playing. Although I still have hope for my Tigers, everyone else's kind of run away and we did run into the creepy neighbor comparison for the Cleveland Guardians that we can explain that further in a little bit. Also at the end of the show, highlight what was a pretty sick college football weekend, go doors, Historic went over Alabama, and then we'll go through the football weekend that finishes tonight with some Saints at the chefs. We will start with the baseball and you know, I think I tend to lean when the Yankees are an option starting there. But let's land there. How about that? Because we got more action last night from the National League Padres. Dodgers Padres answer back after Game one, which I think everyone did a head tilt of, like the Padres were sneaky. The favorites in this series, like I don't know what Vegas actually had the money at but everyone fell in love with the Padres. Their lineup is sick and has stars. They're starting pitchers, which we still get sucked into the postseason, and then a wipe and bullpen. I do think they were generally the favorite around baseball against the Dodgers, and whether Vegas agreed with that or if it was just commentator, when you laid it all out there and what you really think is important come playoff time, it felt like the Padres had the whole recipe, or maybe the Dodgers were missing a little bit that in with wild card teams having a little bit more success under this new format, I think if not a coin flip Padres, maybe a slight lean from the baseball community. And what happens Dodgers starter gets knocked around Yamamoto three innings, five earn runs. Okay, here we go. This is what we're talking about. The thing is the Dodgers can do that, and they could do more, and they showed it, and they have some very good guys in their bullpen. Blake Trinan almost made our resident Padres fan Ryan Cohen, angrier than I thought I could see that human. He's seen a lot of sweepers over the last five years. It seemed like that have hurt his soul. Now it did take kind of a heroic effort out of trying, and he throws thirty nine pitches that probably had him out of last night's game, not that it became a factor. Maybe he could have come in, who knows, but it ended up not becoming a problem because the Padres gave it to him. So closing out that game one, Dodgers looked like the Dodgers. Otani hits a not an all time homer, but down three, tied at three, game one against your division rivals, you're that guy, and then they continue to go. They outscore him seven to five, and you're like, that's right. Maybe the Padres shouldn't have kind of been the favorite or even a coin flip, because the Dodgers won more game and they have stars and they're gonna find a way to pitch and people are overlooking that bullpen Imo. The Padres come back and answer, and it's led by Fernando Tatis, who his playoff numbers, he's okay, shots fired to Dodgers fans, he's reverse kershawing, he is he's one dot fiving in his postseason career, which is now is like forty five at bats like it's not like it's not like a five game weekend like it's he's been playing, uh, and he's been raking. So he goes yard in the first to set the tone after they lose, because if you go down two to oh, it doesn't make it impossible, but it makes it just really hard. Even though in this series I said this on Talking Baseball, I don't think it would have been over. He sets the tone with that one. David Peralta the freight train. Let me find the splits because I haven't actually done them, but I know he got a start off. Oh, Freddy Peralta's page comes up. Sorry, sorry, Brewers fans still kind of fresh, huh. And my guy Ryan Rosillo always shout him out. He has baseball in his soul, but he kind of has to hide it because there's so much basketball in football. He does. He did a very passionate speech on how brutal that is for Brewers fans to watch one hundred and sixty two games in a full season. Be front runners and kind of have it in the ninth inning with your guy on the mountain, like I know we did this, but god, it's part of what makes beautiful baseball beautiful and so sucky at the same time. So sucky, David Peralta, let me do my best splitty split since July third, So July, August, September, three months of the baseball season. This guy was two eighty seven to three forty five and eight seventeen ops like that's that's a middle of the lineup guy who was another part of the reason the Padres had a really strong rail season. He hits the two run homer to go up three to nothing. That's important because the Padres were up three nothing in that first game, so if you blow that. Muki hits one out of the park in the first, but it's robbed by Profar who kind of pimps it. And then we've got people being emotional in the stands. Dodgers had a couple rallies. Merrill makes a great catch, Tatis makes a great catch line out to first with the bass juicy, and then we saw this rivalry kicking in the bad way. He can't throw stuff on the field. It's just a no go. It's just a no go. I know. It's a few bad and there's a lot of Dodger fans out there today like those are just illo. It's like, I know some Yankees bleacher people have done stuff and we're like, dude, they're just some college kids. But it's where it's the whole fan base. You gotta wear that and you can't do that. But man, this got heated. Flaherty and Machado yelling at each other. It's everything you want in a playoff series. H My hot take, I think it's San Diego's I picked them coming into this. I think they have the leg up in Game three. Buehler has been he hasn't been Walker Buehler this year. He's shown a couple signs recently, not even that Walker Buehler. But could he grind through five playoff innings? Absolutely a s it. Michael King is coming off the most dominant start of the postseason. The Padres have the momentum. They're gonna be going back home, and the thing for me that I can't shake that is probably bad logic, but I think if the Padres win three, they're gonna win four. I don't think they're gonna allow them to go back to La We saw the Phillies do this to the Braves a couple of times. It's eerily similar. And the currently Land and Knack is lined up for Game four. That with that San Diego crowd and the dudes in that lineup, that's baseball is not a prediction sport. It's near impossible. But that's kind of where I'm at with that. And watch as Otani, Mookie and Freddy hit back to back to back off King are in the first No, I would never wish that on Mike King. We love Mike King. That series is electric, must watch whenever you can. The rest of the way For the other National League series, Mets Phil's copy and paste without too much of the heated stuff. Although did we ever get anything about the Brandon Nemo talking to JT real Mudo that on Jim's radar? Does anyone care?
Speaker 2: I saw one guy that isn't Jimmy douolip reed saying like trying to say like it was when Sanchez getting out. Nimo's not a shit talker anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of factors.
Speaker 1: Nimo's mouth kind of weird. Somebody put the video in front. Everyone agreed that it'll happen at some point, But man, these the miracle Mets who get shut down by Wheeler, and you've seen it in baseball a thousand times, that shutdown starting pitcher goes and there's nothing you can do against them. Doesn't matter who's coming out of the bullpen. It could be Class A this year, it could be Prime Mo. Just seeing a new face and getting a new result somehow, some way changes the whole energy. That's what happens. They put up five runs in that inning, two to Ozho to five two. They get an insurance run. The Mets take game one without using dash and it just feels like they have their formula, like they're gonna pitch enough uh and they're never out of the game. If there's two strikes, two outs, it does not matter. They'll be involved. So it goes to the next game and it's Sanchez getting the start, not Nola, which I think the Phillies were lining up as know for Sanchez getting this playoff start. Let's do it at home. He's been really good and Nola the experienced veteran at this point, we can have him on the road and if you ended up going down oh two, you got Nola Waitton, which Sanchez for the playoffs start. So the Phillies, they they have usually a slightly unique, cool formula, and that's because they have a lot of unique talented baseball players that in this game, Mark Vientos welcome to the national stage. Building off an incredible rookie year. He goes to run down APO in the second or third there, uh and Louis Severino's holding it. And I'll be honest, I kind of bet against Sevi. Not a lot, just kind of, you know, a little parlay Phillies. Sure whatever I thought Schwarbs would get him, for sure, not to be rude to Sev. Seve was amazing, great start for him, and good for him. Love Seve really do. Uh. And I think he's gonna get himself a nicely contract coming up here. And he makes it. He makes it into the six, but the bad man is waiting. Zero's on the scoreboard. Harper gets him with the two run shot ninety nine mile pro fastball dead center field. The energy that guy plays with it makes Yankee fans jealous about twice a year. Unless we actually do something this year, then we could put it in our rearview. But the vim and vigor and energy that guy has while being one of the stars of the game. It's just tough to match. I don't there's not much comparable to it. And then Cassianos three pitches from Sevy, here's your shutout. Here's three runs. Tied game. The Mets aren't dead, obviously not. Uh. This game flips back and forth, just like every game this postseason, just like every Mets game this postseason. As Nimo breaks up the tie, as we mentioned to J. T roomydo a little bit, it was a weird exchange. And then bry Sin Scott rejoins the party two run triple, and again, like Harper almost enters, you got to pitch around him if it's not the right at bat that allows him and even Cassianos to get the walk off in the ninth that was used presurped not a word by the Mark Vento's other two run homer in the ninth off of Mattie Strom. Matt Strom just want to check in on his regular season.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: In sixty two point two innings he had a one to eight seventy RA and Viento's and the Mets could not care less. And when you get to the postseason, your stats reset, so uh. Like I mentioned, Casianos ends up getting the walk off off of McGill because they used Diaz in the middle of the lineup, he doesn't look super sharp. He ends up getting the blown save in this game, while McGill gets the loss. Harper not being able to pitch to him and mcgil gets him to a three to two count trying to pitch around him, which is impressive in its own but then he walks him in. Castiano's officially hot and we've seen it. It's funny. Last postseason postseason, he got so hot and so cold so quick. It was he was like the star of the postseason for it was like three games, two games, and then it was like he was the slump, most slumping player in the postseason. So weird sport people, and that's part of the reason we love it. This tea is up for now a three game set as well. I don't know. I have the Phillies as the fave because I don't have them losing two in a row at City, but people didn't have the Snakes coming back against them. That's why it's not a prediction sport. But I have them at least bringing it back to the bank, and maybe that's maybe that's good for the Mets because they are sick puppies that as long as they have a chance in that game. I've seen them shut down a couple crowds. I've seen them shut down Atlanta. I've seen them shut down Milwaukee. You can't say they are out of anything yet, but it felt like Philly rejoined the party last night. And God, that Mets crowd. I want to be surprised if we see some of the hostility that we saw in La and San Diego come out in Queens, New York in October with the Phillies. Oh my god, the Phillies fans in the stands, we're gonna have.
Speaker 2: Mets haven't had a home game during this run yet.
Speaker 1: I don't support these You're gonna see brawl videos like that's just where we're at, and you're gonna see some amazing baseball. So that's on the American League side. The series, everyone's being slightly rude to that kicks off at four o'clock today, So even MLB being slightly rude to them, the Tigers and the guard Dogs. Tiger Your mania went away quick, didn't it. The Tigers best record for a month and a half, they took out the Houston Astros, and then after one game, one inning, really everyone's out on the kiddies. The guard Dogs put up a five in that first inning. Could have went different. McKinstry fields a ground ball, or that never happens because Ramirez gets punched out on strike three. Who knows the game script of baseball can change a lot in a hurry that everyone's moved on. I think it comes back tonight. I am not done with these Tigers, and that shouldn't be such a hot take. With Trek Scoobel on the bump, who was six innings scoreless against Houston in his playoff debut. There's gonna be shadows in Cleveland. Don't be surprised if there's a lot of zeros on the scoreboard. The joke I made on Talking Baseball, I think I might bet this game night thing. Either way, that might be how it goes down baseball. You'd see another five in the first I'm not done with the Tigers. I just think Schooble is a cy young winner. They could very easily win this game and not like a surprise, like oh my god, like no, Schooble can shut them down and they can do enough on offense. We saw it against Framber, We've seen it for a month and a half now, coming up on two that, uh, I think I want. I believe in sports. I believe in pink. You'll feel a little bit more of this when I talk about the college game. Detroit is such a sports city that has been thirsty for success for so long. Look how hot to trot they are about the Lions, who have been a historically bad franchise. You know those those Tigers teams that didn't get it done that ended up like resetting the franchise because they put so much money into that team, and then they had to rebuild because it got old. The Tigers are in the postseason. They've got the magic of baseball behind them. If they win with Schooball, I think that place is going to be an absolute looney bit. Like I don't know Oakland athletic proportions, probably not Vvezuela's and stuff like that. With all that being said, do it tonight. Matthew Boyd's numbers this year were really good. He's getting the start for Cleveland. There's going to be a lot of zero's on the scoreboard. The over under is five and a half. That's as low as you've seen this season. So I'm not done with the Tigers. Win today. You got schooball you have will Vest. Maybe that's their formula, might just be schooble to Vest today. Get it done, get it to Detroit with a chance to let baseball kick in and let a home field advantage that Detroit as a bill. Sure, those games later in the season started to get more packed. In October game in Detroit, absolute looney bin, get me there, Cleveland. If you hated all that, well, your compliment is the weird thing we mentioned on Talking Baseball. Trev nailed it. You guys are the weird neighbor. You know, nothing wrong with you. You haven't done anything too offensive. I jumped to, like, you know, you're kind of a scrawny guy. You're always wearing a hoodie and jeans, you know, five nine kind of skinny, and you're like, I don't know. Like someone brings up that guy in a fight and you're like that guy, I don't know, and then you're like, dude, he trains American ninja Warrior. He put two dudes in a headlock at a PTA meeting and you're like, oh, it kind of makes sense. Like the one time you saw him and like he was in the garage and he just was covered in veins and you're like, wow, I saw him catch a squirrel with his bare hands. Like Cleveland is kind of a SICO team. They have very much enough in the lineup. They play great defense. My god, I if Cleveland does go on a run, I hope the highlight is their defense up the middle. Bring that back to the sport. Rokio and Jimenez up the middle, Kwan in the outfield. Basically, whoever they put out there is gonna play some form of defense that I hope more of that comes back to baseball. I still want a band shifting the outfield so we get more doubles and more athletic defenders. That's for another time. We'll wrap up the baseball with the New York Yankees, Babe. They play Game two tonight after surviving a Game one against the Royals that all of their bugaboos showed up at one point in time, Stanton not being able to run, Labor being bad at running the defense, bullpen usage. They end up getting through it. Luke Weaver looks right on the back end. The Yankees win Game one at home, thank god with the layoff the next day. If they didn't just ruins like two days.
Speaker 2: Conversation one with up to two Reagan's games still left. Like he specifically right, and I think.
Speaker 1: Casey's saying similar things.
Speaker 2: They're bad verse lefties too.
Speaker 1: Sure, uh so it's Rodan versus Reagan's tonight a couple rs who throw l It's gonna be a fun one. Rodan coming off of his tough season where he got his body in shape. He had a really solid year for the Yankees this year, and is you know it all built up for this start. He was the guy they brought in to be the two with Cole. He was the guy when they resigned Judge that it was like, hey, this team needs more, Okay, let's get this guy. He's really good. Huge start for Rodin while the Yanks tea gone. Reagan's who he is great? You know behind maybe scooball one of the best young lefties in baseball. Let's see what he has for them. The Yanks struggled against lefties early on in the air Jazz Chisholm, who is lefties a little better versu lefties the Stanton stuff was weird all year. Glabor Torrez who picked it up in the second half. He's good against lefties this year, so they have more of a chance than they did early on in the air. But Cole Reagan's is a guy, and I think this is this is the one for Kansas City. I think this is the one. You know when you come in you're facing the Yankees, Garrett Cole fresh bullpen. I'm not saying the Royals chocked it up as a loss. It's a game they almost won a couple times. But this is the one, Like, hey, we got some statistics on our side. You know, we're a game deeper into the postseason. We saw the Bronx Bobby Witt doesn't do anything that first game. Wouldn't be surprised if he bounces back. They had a couple of balls go to the wall, a couple balls hit hard in the first thing, like they had a few, you know, the Jazz chishom. The game scoring run probably was out at second base, but they couldn't overview, overview, review it and overturn it. Thank you. Yeah. If I'm a if I'm a KC fan, I'm I wasn't stoked with how Game one went down, but it's also like, well, we can win Game two kind of easily. Reagan's one or two of the lefties get it to Erseg. They have their recipe and the Yankees. I my, if this was what I was doing for clicks or a breakout or whatever, it's either Yankees big for me tonight, like rode On special, Stanton gets close around a couple of balls, Judge gets closer around a couple of balls and it happens, or it's Kansas City close again. It's just not how the sport works. So I'm not doing that, but that's how I feel like. If Kansas City's in this late, they need this game. They have the speed the defense that the Yankees do not. Or I think, you know, there is a chance. And it was funny listening to my guy Ryan Rossillo, who has Boston roots and was kind of like he did something with ad Nan Verk talking about baseball said pass and canceled on him tough. Oh jeff uh. It was funny. K Adnan opened up with it because he was like, you know, I appreciate it. You guys reached out to me yesterday who canceled, and he was just like passing, That's that's life. That's how it works sometimes. But it was funny hearing because around our office there's a lot of Yankee fans and everyone's kind of been like, hey, the path's pretty good. Like Houston's out, it's Ale Central. The Yankees have a really good record against the Al Central. Like the path is there, like, let's go Yanks. I know it's baseball, but that's it. And it was funny hearing a little bit more of a Boston tone come out and being like, if the Yanks don't do it this year, and it's funny because we think that way, but we're just not saying it yet. The Yanks path is laid out that I'm I'm hoping and this is obvious as there's a Derek Jeter poster behind me that Judge or Stanton one of the big dog lets it eat tonight. Rodin's dominant that this is the start of being like the New York Yankees are actually gonna go to the World Series. I hope it's business like. I hope it's dominant. Reminder, I'm a Yankees fan. Sorry to all my Royals brothers and sisters that are tuning in because you're hoping it's business like. The other way that Salvy and Bobby both go yard, Vinnie finds the porch. I just think the Yanks have an actual chance to make it business like. Powerful the Yanks are here, you could put the lefty stuff out the window. Let's play a clean game. I don't think that's gonna happen. I think it's gonna be anxious. And we'll be live streaming tonight, so make sure you guys tune in talking Yanks. It's a lot of fun. The live streams are a lot of fun. So, as I mentioned, college football and this is the beauty of sports. College football. Last weekend was supposed to be one of their like meh weeks like they didn't have the huge matchup and as college football always has a way, College Game Day was at Cal Berkeley for the first time. Caught some of it. It's a good show. They have fun. The college kids are crazy. I still kind of don't get it. I mean, maybe it's part of me not going to a big school. But like the cow kids set up overnight because the show starts at nine am Eastern, which is six am West, coast. So they said kids were set up at midnight, So don't do they just drink? Are their bathrooms? I don't fully get it. I'm interested. I'm sure I would have been there, and I actually want to mention that game in a minute. But there wasn't the big one. There wasn't the top five matchup, which if you look at college football this upcoming week, there's actually a couple big boy ones on the weekend. There's Bedlam Texas, Oklahoma went to that game once, good time, flex USC Penn State, USC not ranked number two, Ohio State verse number three, Oregon that's the big one in Oregon Ole miss LSU nine verse thirteen. So like this weekend was lining up to be the weekend, and yet last weekend became the weekend. Vanderbilt beats Alabama, so I am married into a Vandy family. Jess went to Vanderbilt. This is a true quote, not embellish at all, cause I was watching college game Day and Jess popped by and she was actually entertained by it. She was kind of like, Hey, this is this is this is good. Who's that guy yelling? McAfee explained, explain some of the football, baseball rollover. She's like that, who's that. Other guys like, that's Marshaun Lynch. He's awesome. Cal guy came in as their guest picker. And so the bottom line, it's got the games coming up. Who's playing? And it's Alabama Vanderbilt. So I go, oh, Jess, Bama verus Vandy today and she goes why And I was like, okay, I mean, I'm, you know, be careful with the man's playing here, Jake. But I was like, you know, they're both in the SEC. They play every couple of years, and that's how this works. And I didn't go into any of that. I just laughed and she was like, that's not even fair. Welcome to sports. The Vanderbilt Commodores beat Alabama. They get a lead on them, and then it hits that scary part of college football where it's like, okay, Bama's coming now, huh. They hold him off. Vanderbilt wins, a historic moment for their football program. The Nick Saban quote that had been going around a couple weeks before that of everywhere in the SEC is tough to play except Vanderbilt. Man, it it just kind of goes to show like if you just kind of asked me how. I was like, that's again, you're not going to get a great answer, but I was like, you know, it's everything turns into different levels of motivation. You have to have a certain level of skill, Like Vanderbilt football still brings in SEC athletes motivation, whether it's from those quotes or Bama just coming off having beat Georgia, which is the game they had circled all year. That their motivation was down going into the place that everyone said it's easy to play in the SEC and sometimes college football and sports finds a way. So that was a magical one. They take down the goalpost, they carry it all the way through downtown and throw it in the river. It's listed as a fifty five minute walk. A city that doesn't need that much of a turbo boost got it that night. Pretty cool for them, and I believe in the rest of college football. Five of the top eleven dropped. Tennessee loss to Arkansas. Arkansas has a couple really unlucky or tough losses this year. I'll say take down number four Tennessee the Miami game. So college games days in cal it's a crazy environment. It's always funny seeing the schools. Cal had like five different cheers. That's where McAfee was being really funny on game day, Like whenever there was a moment, he would just break into one of their different cheers and he's like, I love it. I can't believe how many different things these nerds got going on here. And so Miami number eight in the country. The U kind of back a couple scary close games, including this one where they were down I want to say it was thirty nine to eighteen or seventeen. Well, college football reared its head in the bad way. Miami gets three scores. There's a couple controversial plays that Cal Berkeley. So this whole this moment in Vanderbilt that Jess is giving me speeches about how she understands sports. More from this game, like, Okay, whoa Cal. They're hosting college game day for the first time. You know, they have some history Cal Stanford the game. They've got Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, you know, they they've they're a nerdy school. A love Vanderbilt that you know plays football in a big conference that sometimes they have good years, a lot of times they don't. They're hosting game day they're hosting Miami as an ACC team CAL in the Atlantic Coast Conference, a reminder where college football has gone there. They end up blowing three score lead late, incredibly brutal a twenty four hour day for a lot of Cal fans that could have went down and was a quarter away from going down as one of the great days in Cal football history. It goes the other way as number eight Miami steals it. Number nine Missouri lest Texas A and M. They got routed. Texas A and m's been looking for a signature win for a long time. Washington unranked takes down number ten Michigan and USC they lose to the Golden Gophers of Minnesota. So yeah, it's where college football gets their wins. That kind of anything can happen on any day, and we saw that a little bit. Kind of a cool story. Foreman with Indiana never been known for their football program. Really, they're six and zero and their coach had the quote the other week that said, like I want to get it right. He said, google me, I'm a pretty good coach, or I just win. Let me get it right, Indiana football coach google me quote. So if you got a coach all right, Kurt Signetti, I win Google me, hey man, that's a He's one hundred and nineteen and thirty five and his forty one year coaching career. So Kurt, he believes in what he does and he's got a non traditional football power doing some powerful things. So that's pretty cool. So a crazy Saturday, four playoff games, college football, college footballing. It all leads us into some NFL and I'm probably not gonna be as d as I normally get because Sunday was crazy too. I mean Sunday there was playoff baseball talking Giants had a live event that was at but it was kind of different. To appreciate football the same way. Starts off on Thursday Night, Thursday Night, unders right, divisional game, unders right, wrong, thirty six to thirty. Kirk Cousins five h nine through the year, crazy day for him, Drake London Mooney, I mean, this is Kyle Pitts in the mix seven for eighty eight. This is this is the Atlanta Falcons that they dreamed of When they heard that they were getting Kirk Cousins and drafting a first round people forget and hey, the Bucks were in it till the end. Baker three touchdowns, no interceptions. Shod White and Bucky Irving are a sneaky, nice little backfield combo. Mike Evans two touchdowns and that's obvious. The third touchdown one catch, four yards touchdown for Sterling Shepherd on your Tampa Bay Buccaneers. How do you like that? So that was a fun one to get into the week. Both those teams are now three and two, and I think the two teams competing for that division will find out if the Saints or how much they'll be in the mix playing the Chiefs tonight. Getting into the rest of the week. I normally save them for Lass or sometimes I miss them because they pop up at the top of my page even though they don't play in chronological order. My Denver Ponies the Broncos, Baby, We're back. The Denver Broncos are three and two. They beat the Raiders bo Nicks with another clean game. Two touchdowns, zero interceptions, two hundred and six yards. Not crazy, but no mistakes. Williams and McLaughlin combined to do enough out of the backfield. Williams was actually the leading receiver after and followed by little Jordan Humphrey. Great name, just ten ten name and yeah, the Raiders seem to be swirling the wrong direction. They've got a Devonte Adams question looming. They may have a quarterback question ruining as aid and O'Connell comes in for Minshew In this game, God Madison with one of the tougher running backs stat lines you'll see. But Brock Bauers kind of emerging as a young star in this lead eight for ninety seven to one touchdown. There's a big pick six in this game where the Raiders would have went up. I think it would have been seventeen to three instead pick six. Tai game. Broncos, turn it on and go from there. Where am I at with my Broncos? How about this next week should be like a must watch for me? Who do we got? We got the Chargers, We're hosting the Chargers. I'm in. I'm in a Chargers favored by three. They have their bye week this week, that would make sense. They do have their bye week, so that's a little tough. But let's see, let's see.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We had our first London game, let's go, and it was the New York Jets against the Minnesota Vikings, and it was looking like it was gonna get ugly. Vikings are putting it on them, seventeen to nothing. They get the ball back, two minute drill, let's go up big, let's end this game, Jetta. They don't. They end up punting. Jets get the score before the half at seventeen to seven, and the Vikings couldn't get it going again. Aaron Jones gets hurt. That slowed down their offense, and the Jets just kept doing enough to stay alive, and stay alive, and stay alive. I've Rogers intercepted on their final desperation drive. Jets offense was never humming by any degree, although Garrett Wilson thirteen catches one on one in a touchdown, so him and Rodgers maybe getting that connection going on. Let's see, but the Vikings going into their bye week are five and oh, the Jets are two and three. I want to be surprised if we're doing a Jets Okay, Jets are two and three, Jets are four and three, Jets are four and three, Jets are four and five, Like that's kind of how their schedule lines up. And that's just kind of how the team feels right now. And they gotta be careful with Rogers man he's starting to get really banged up and he is an older statesman. So that was the London game. Bears are out the Panthers, good. Good for Caleb full day dj Moore starting to find it this season. Two touchdowns, one oh five, so maybe the Bears are coming. Three and oh at home. Panthers turning back into a Panther pumpkin a bit Dolphins Patriots, no, although the Patriots almost essentially win it on the last drive of the game out of bounds Dolphins fifteen to ten. Huntly with enough to get it done. Stevenson for fantasy owners has enough of a day good. One of the stories that I I mean, at the end of the day, I'm gonna end up being a week earlier than everyone. But it's the talk of the town, talk of the town. The Commanders. The Commanders are four and one. They hang another thirty spot, thirty four points against the Browns, who sure they are sprinting the wrong direction. But just another game with Jaden Daniels in control. Scary Terry over one hundred through the air, Jayden had eighty two on the ground. The Browns are a disaster. I saw one clip of DeShawn walking off when Stefanski was telling him to go for it like that was yo. Things in Cleveland with the Shawn we're hitting. Ah My Broncos hit a tipping point with Russ and they actually didn't. They actually kind of bounced back and were in contention. They blew a game late that took him out, so they benched Russ so he wouldn't meet his numbers so they could get rid of him. Like, let's be honest, the Deshaun experiment is over, Like what are we doing at this point? Like who thinks it's gonna turn around? No one in that locker room. I guess if you're someone that does keep that receipt and if they do, sick, But god, that's getting bad. The Jacksonville Jaguars they get to win on the board, thirty seven, thirty four. I didn't realize it even got that close. A lot of guys with big fantasy days in there cam little with the game winning field goal, great, don't really care. Hey good at for the jackson again one on the board. They should have probably had a win earlier this season. Colts were missing like nine starters, so really not that impressive, but uh oh to five just really stings good for them. This was another fun when the Bills and the Texans the reuniting of Stefan Diggs and Josh Allen side I. After the game, Stroud hits Nico Collins early, which Nicocollins the Texans receivers Nobody knew what to do with them coming into the season. Looks like that guy is a guy guy. He breaks free again. Stroud ends up with three thirty one. The Bills rally a comeback in the second half falls just short. Dodo a fifty nine yard Kayimi Fairbairn field goal. That's right, fifty nine. The field goals are absurd, although this weekend did have a few more kicker kicker misses. How about the Cardinals they sneak up on the Niners. This one kind of seemed like okay, Niners got to lead early. They go up twenty three to ten heading into the half. They they've been leaving a couple touchdowns out there that they've been trading in for field goals. Jake Moody twenty eight yard field goal. Jake Moody twenty yard field goal goal, Mitch Wesnowski twenty six yard field goal. Those are nothing I can make those. That means you're in the red zone tight and you're not scoring touchdowns, which left Arizona Cardinals into this game. Kyler Man, he has a couple moments. He had the fifty yard run to get it started for them in the first and then they get the the touchdown in the two in the fourth to get the game winning field goal. Niners drop to two and three, lose at home to the Arizona Cardinals. They are missing a lot of bodies right now. They are at the Seahawks, who just had a brutal loss to the g Man that they're gonna get their a game. I don't know. Hitting a weird part of the season. The San Francisco Niners, who we expect to be a power missing somebodies, not feeling as powerful. I mentioned the Giants, how about them? No moleik neighbors, no problem because they have Tyrone Tracy Junior. I was interested to find out. And Daniel Jones plays a great game like twenty three to thirty four, two touchdowns, no interceptions looked, Crisp Darius pinkslet big play Slayton eight catches for a buck twenty two in one touchdown. Wandale in some big spots. Both tailbacks, Tyrone Tracy and Gray both had moments of kind of being exposive. I was surprised, and I didn't know if it was just natural Giants hate or if I hadn't seen it a lot. Tyrone Tracy subbing in for Singletary this season, I kind of like what I saw in a non joking way. I kept telling Giants fans before the game. I was like, I like Tyrone Tracy today, and Pennick was like, laughing in my face. Sorry, talking Giants fans. Pennick apologize. Eighteen carries one hundred and twenty nine yards. They were dictating the run game to Seattle. It looked like they were kind of honing in on Jones and Tracy did his thing. So a nice win for them. In the phrase from Pennock after the game, and how quickly do the Seahawks go from three and oh, look at these Seahawks to three and two. They lost it home to the Giants. Justin Pennock was saying, the Giants have kind of dominated four out of five games. Commanders, if they had a kicker, they win Cowboys. I wouldn't say they dominated, but they were in it and then fighting.
Speaker 2: Could argue they outplayed.
Speaker 1: Sure Vikings, Vikings routed them in Week one and look where the Vikings are at. But yeah, this this Giant season could feel just a little bit different. They've got an interesting one with the Pengals, who they played probably the game of the day versus the Ravens forty one to thirty eight. Ravens. Joe Burr and Lamar were both putting on an absolute show. Four touchdowns three forty eight from Lamar three ninety two and five touchdowns from Burrow Derrick Henry with the long of fifty one yards and yeah, we had some kicks at the end of this one. McPherson misses it. I'd be telling you the Bengals are back. They take down the Ravens, They're two and three and they're on their way. They're one and four. That is a That is a serious hole. Jamar Chase one ninety three, That dude is a problem. Love both of these teams. You guys know, I was drinking the Ravens kool aid with Pennic last week. I think the way they can run the ball with Henry, Lamar, Justice Hill and how that opens up for the passing game and their formula. Todd Monk and the offensive coordinator Harbaugh ain't on them. Begles. No one's no one's gonna write off you can't for whatever reason. But god if the g men were too. It's interesting. Quick, it's interesting quick. Uh, Packers rams gonna be honest and get a ton of this one. Trevor Plouff was at the game, tweeted him he'd love that hyrone hundred on the ground. Great, So the one bad interception by Jordan Love can't do that. And then it all ends late or early on Monday morning because we get a rain delay in Pittsburgh. And this is one where I just don't I don't know how Vegas does it. I don't know how the world does it. But cowboys driving late. Steelers kind of survive this game. Ugly offense, probably Field's worst game. Pickens is missing, They can't get a lot going on, but they stay in the game. And that's what Trico and collins Worth they're talking about. This is what the Steelers do. They stay alive, They find a way, and they find a way. They score the touchdown to go up late in this one. Let's see, let me get the times for you, Friarmouth. Nice little shovel play. Four point fifty six left on the clock and it's too much time. Cowboys drive down the field. Clock's ticking. They're handling it well. They get down to the one. It looks like they're gonna get in clean. They botch the snap. They go back to like the four yard line incomplete pass. One play to win it. Dak to Jalen Tolbert, who barely he was having some problem with his biscuits to play before comes across the field, gets open. Dak kind of puts it in the one spot he has to to win the game. Dallas Cowboys go to three and two, three and oher on the road making that final play where Pittsburgh would have been four and one, and said they are also three and two, and yeah, just crazy. I before the game, I was kind of just like bored and sick of the rain delay. And I think this is part of it. I think they get more bets if you delay a game whatever. I don't know, Sunday Night football, it's theory. There was rain. I saw it. I saw the wet steps. Yeah, I don't know. Steelers minus two and a half, they're there, they're not. How much money did that move in Vegas? I think the popular money was on Dallas. So again, they would go against a rigged theory. But it's just crazy how many games actually come down to stuff like that. Tolbert has one, Bobble gets tacked there, doesn't happen. Steelers won a game. I wonder how much they're gonna feel that one later in the year because it has felt like they've been playing with a little bit of Devil's magic in Pittsburgh. Well, Dallas came on Tolbert, he looked really good. Uh So, yeah, I guess, I guess I've caught more NFL action than I thought. This week again live streaming talking yangs tonight, live streaming, Tomorrow night, live streaming all playoffs, and we will be back here Wednesday talking about all of it. Subscribe Uncle Dan.
Speaker 2: Waken Jaki's the production of Dan Patrick Productions, John Boy Media and Workhouse Media.