Speaker 1: It's nine Ogen one Allegie with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 2: You guys, here we are, and this must be a guy thing because some juicy stuff is happening.
Speaker 3: Why does it have to be a guy thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's the name of the episode. It doesn't have to you know what, let's retile the episode thirty three years later. This must be a girl thing. And speaking of.
Speaker 3: Girls, Speaking of girls, we got some new ones. We do very exciting day here. There are two equally exciting new additions to the cast in this episode.
Speaker 2: You guys, yes, I mean an iconic actresses, Rebecca Gayheart, Emma Callfield Rebeccat gay Heart.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I still crush on her.
Speaker 1: So funny when you guys were saying we got two new people, I didn't even think of Rebecca Gayheart because for me, she's so synonymous with the show, even though she's only on for a short time. It didn't even like my brain didn't even think of her when you said we got two new characters. I immediately went to the editor because she felt new, whereas Rebecca Gayheart for me, is so a part of the show, like it didn't feel new. Do you know what I'm saying, likes new This is the first time we see this is the first time we've seen Tony.
Speaker 2: But you're saying, just when you think of nine on two and zero, you always think of Rebecca Gayheart like it's as if she's a regular, always been there.
Speaker 3: And yes, that's so interesting because she was only on how many episodes? I wondered, not many, five.
Speaker 1: Five or six?
Speaker 2: And she sees no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, it's not on the whole season.
Speaker 3: She made quite an impression on the sugar.
Speaker 1: This is so weird to say more than I think of Kathleen. Isn't that weird? Like I think of her? And maybe it was just because she's it's just so prominent. What happens.
Speaker 3: We have confirmation that Rebecca was in eight episodes eight Sorry.
Speaker 2: I said six, Jen, you hear this? Amy got something wrong?
Speaker 3: I love it when that happened. Oh, here's a funny thing though. So I was at a thing and come to find out Emma call Field was at the same event. Dan, Nope, I was walking in and she was walking out and she dropped something. The woman in front of me dropped something and was like scooping it up, and she looked back up and she goes, oh hey, and then she just kind of kept walking and by the time she passed, I was like, I know her from somewhere, and then later I realized, Oh, that was Emma call Field.
Speaker 2: Wow for emotion. Did I go to college with her? No? I only got college on TV. Wait, how everyone does with us? Like I did go to college with her?
Speaker 1: Think about this. Na Coffield does thirty episodes of nine O two one?
Speaker 3: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Does she stand out in your mind as much as Tony Marshett.
Speaker 3: Gotta be honest, super weird.
Speaker 2: It's super weird, and I have to be honest. When I saw her, I was like, oh, Jill novac Son who ended up playing Tracy. Another topic, Brandon Walsh, same same thing.
Speaker 3: I wrote down her name as Jill.
Speaker 1: There you go, and then I crossed it out and I was like.
Speaker 3: No, her character's name is Susan Keats.
Speaker 2: They're wildly I mean, I guess I would say Brandon Walsh has a type, but you're his type.
Speaker 3: So no, this is odd, But you know what, it's that editor role. No, but you don't care about that editor role for some reason. Amy that character for you in the newspaper office.
Speaker 1: Is like, it's not as prominent as oh yeah, yeah, same to say, she's super cute.
Speaker 3: This like she's got a lot of pep in her step. She brings a lot of energy to the scenes. You know, she's fee yeah.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, no, I like her. But you're right, it's kind of like, Sorry, guys, like the Andre Andrea character, You're like, it's just the editor. Yeah, we zone out when it's like, what would that be? Jen?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but it's like she's the same character. She's like the same character that Andrea played. So it's so weird that they hired a brunette, similar body type. Yeah, but she's a little edgier than Andrea and not you know, doesn't seem as sweet as Andrea.
Speaker 2: She'll never be chief wait chief. No. Yeah, she's sassier too.
Speaker 1: She's a bit sassy. But I kind of like it.
Speaker 3: We're here for it, Okay, So let's do this. Let's do this. Season six, episode three, Must be a Guy Thing Eric September twentieth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Kelly finds out Colin and Valerie share a past. Sorry, Jen, Donna gets Ray one step closer to a record deal, Dylan falls for the daughter of the man he wants to kill, Brandon falls for the editor of the school newspaper, and Steve is on the brink of flunking out of school shocking again.
Speaker 1: First of all, God, I feel a few sort of what flag moments, if I may, if you will, love and I know we can talk about it all. But number one, Tony Marchett, the dad. If he killed Dylan's father, wouldn't he immediately recognize? Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says, who's that kid? Who's that kid making out with my daughter?
Speaker 1: I'm so old in this episode, I'm like, he's not college people.
Speaker 3: No, he's Dylan looks like a grown ass man fact.
Speaker 2: I mean, wait, wait, you guys, can you update me on this? So Tony is in college or high school?
Speaker 1: College?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: College? Do they take college?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Jenn nine, go to college? Amy, she's in college. Do they call out your name in a college class?
Speaker 1: I guess in a very very very small section, they might make sure you're there. If attendance counts in some way, probably more would be a sign in, But I didn't. That did not bother me that much because he had to figure out who Tony Morris shot with.
Speaker 2: I know, but I was just like, Eh, okay.
Speaker 3: Do you guys want me to tell you who directed this episode?
Speaker 2: Sure do?
Speaker 3: Jason Priestley and it was written by John Eisendraft, who is also new to the show. If I'm not mistaken, season six enter John Eisendraft as executive producer.
Speaker 2: He became executive producer. So is this when.
Speaker 3: Chuck left and John Bleman.
Speaker 1: Correct, Oh wow, it's Priestley ish as his right?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like.
Speaker 2: With the top hat right now? What the heck?
Speaker 3: Wait, you're so right? I thought this was like that. It was more he's matured, you guys, he's directed. He's matured as a director.
Speaker 2: Until I read it on our rundown, had no idea. Would never have thought this was adjacent episode.
Speaker 3: Nope, me either, correct John?
Speaker 2: What new EPs? Maybe they were like I.
Speaker 3: I go back because I'm finding out now that John's title wasn't executive producer. He was supervising producer right now.
Speaker 2: He may get right now he ends up though like season ten he was he ran the show. Correction, we ran the show.
Speaker 3: You know what was exciting for me in this episode? I have the the collection on the the what's that called little sticky thing that you put things on in a computers? Nope, sorry, I love those though it goes in the thing. Yeah, a little thing you put in the thing that Darren Martin gave me with all the shows and the original music. So I got to hear Jamie Walters.
Speaker 1: I did too. I did too because I watched it on the DVD.
Speaker 2: So that's okay. So, yes, Darren Martin gave us flash drives.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Darren.
Speaker 2: We're super grateful. But Jen, I would love to hear for a moment. Did anything change hearing him? Seeing now that you heard him perform on the show, no Ah.
Speaker 1: Does make you like him more if that's what you're saying. I mean, I feel like.
Speaker 3: That's not my kind of music. So but I appreciated his like husky sultryness up.
Speaker 2: There, husky like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he does.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to wait say the same thing that hurt beauty to an angel. I don't want to say the same thing again. But like, why did they make him bad good? They should have just made him good or terrible.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, he was good then bad, now good, and he was bad again, now he's good again. Very very confusing.
Speaker 2: Well, why did they gen ear muffs? Huh? Kill tone? I heard you, oh ma'am.
Speaker 3: But I also kind of know that's happening. Okay, I kind of remember.
Speaker 2: I mean she was a keeper like that, that was a that should have been a nine or two and oh Lifer. I'm just saying, so beautiful, such a pretty girl.
Speaker 3: Her eyes remind me of your eyes, like you guys have similar faces in when I was looking.
Speaker 2: At her, remind me of you or Amy? You me you, that's the thing you've ever said to me.
Speaker 1: She's so unique looking like she she looks like a doll.
Speaker 2: Uh DOLLI And we loved her. We got from jump, we got along with her. She was just so great and kind and fun and just she she should have stayed on for all ten seasons. I'm just saying it.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's go from the top. Do you want to hey, do you want to take us through this week?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, my brain doesn't like to work like that. That's your jam. Well, but if you want to go in order.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know trivia?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Definitely yes, Tiffany Theeson's older brother, Todd Deeson, appeared as Larry Malanowski in this episode. I don't know who Larry Malanowski is. Did I see Larry Melanowski?
Speaker 2: Wait? What Tiffany's brother, older brother was in this? Was he an? Apparently?
Speaker 3: I can't even remember what he looked like her. Yeah, that would make sense.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: We're gonna start at the peach pit where the gang is hanging out, and we see Donna's bra. Did you notice the opening shot is First of all, I'm like, wait, Val and Donna are buddies now hanging out at the peach pit having fries makes no sense.
Speaker 1: We ended the.
Speaker 3: Last cause and everybody yes, and that's why likes her again.
Speaker 1: God, we started to like her, and then then everyone that's the thing. Everyone blows like the wind, including her. You all hate her and like her. He's like good and bad? Like what?
Speaker 3: And then of course we find out Kelly and Colin come in, and magically Val knows Colin.
Speaker 2: Of all the Gingers, of all the Diners and Beverly Hills, you could walk into why Japan walk into mine? Colin Robbins Valerie.
Speaker 3: Went on a European tour together when I had braces.
Speaker 2: But before that though, before they walk in, I feel like this is where we first see the magic starting between Claire and Steve.
Speaker 3: We see a little sparkles. Yes, we do, we do. I don't know. I'm not feeling that yet. I feel like they're like kind of like leading up to that, probably, but I don't reel kind of no.
Speaker 1: If I you know, like two friends that pretend they don't like each other, that you're like, are they kissing in the closet? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like they're like jabbing at each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always like choking that'll cast you. You can't afford that, you know.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, before I don't think I've ever seen them speak to each other on the show.
Speaker 1: But all of a.
Speaker 3: Sudden, of course, oh my go oh yeah this this episode that there's a lot of convenient things happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, convenient things. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But when when when Val calls out call it, I was like, oh my god, say it isn't so yeah, Jen, I didn't remember that.
Speaker 2: I didn't either, No, why did they do that? I know what happens later, but I didn't know they knew each other from before.
Speaker 3: Here's my problem.
Speaker 2: With this episode aside from my bra showing.
Speaker 3: Aside from your bra showing in one shot and then not showing in the next shot, I was glad that you sat up straight and somebody fixed it. The show came on.
Speaker 1: They pitted.
Speaker 3: Kelly and Brenda against each other, thus kind of pitting Jenny and Shannon against each other in this weird, surreal bubble of a world because life was imitating our military separate. Yeah, and we were very young and impressionable and formative. Now they have Kelly pitting against Val. It's just like, it's like, why are they doing this to these To Kelly? Why is she always have to have these conflicts with other girls in the show. I don't like it. And it's all for their like dramatic whatever.
Speaker 2: But you're the lead female. Hello, Why can't they make them? Why can't they make the females get along?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because that's that's what we do now. Back then, you know what, in high school and maybe college, I don't know, I didn't go, but it's so rampant, like girls are besties one day and then they hate each other and then it's just so like I don't know, but you had evolved at this point because you were able to separate it because you and Tip became great friends, so you guys had grown up and you didn't let art imitate life and the lines blur.
Speaker 1: Actually didn't feel that in the public perception that they blurred the line as much then between Val and Kelly as Tiffany and Jenny, as Shannon and Jenny, Brenda and Kelly, Like for some reason, I don't know why. That's just that's just my vibe, it didn't seem so much. Maybe we were starting to know you more as celebrities, so we weren't blurring the characters as much.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's just weird, like we never had. It's becoming more and more apparent to me as I get older and I'm able to see things from such a different perspective. But the way that it started for Brenda and Kelly, Shannon and Jenny, that they were never they had the cards stacked against them as far as getting along in a relationship like with each other. And You're right, like I had gotten older, learned some things, but I'm still seeing such a divide created by the man, basically the man who wrote this, the man, you know what I mean, Like It just feels like it's pissing me off, is what I'm trying to say, because it's really psychologically had a lot of effect on my life personally and still to this king day. You guys, I can sit on a stage, I love Shannon. I'll sit on a stage and the audience will pit us against one another in a in a Q and a forum, and it so makes me so angry.
Speaker 2: The characters or the two of you person the two of us, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The two of us. It's the characters that they're talking about, but it's the two of us. They're receiving that energy and having to process that energy and that information and have it not affect our you know, emotions or our mental state. Like there's something so just I don't know how to explain it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 2: You just did, like I get it. Yeah, I understand now. Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I really felt that at that last wherever we were on that last panel when somebody said something, uh, I don't even know what the what who said what? But was like and then Shannon said, oh, they were talking about how great it was with Brenda and Dylan or something I don't know. Yeah, and then she and then Shannon said something about, well she is a whore and looked at me, but she meant Kelly mm hmm. In that moment, I was like, whoa, ouch A, my character wasn't a whore, and b I'm not a whore. That just felt so weird and it just brought up all that same ship, like that same feeling of like we were just pitted against one another in a situation and a scenario when there was absolutely no reason to be that way, you know, because of the recollection of what the characters went through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not wrong with how you're feeling, because I see it in the comments. They really blur the person and the character.
Speaker 2: Right And I'm sitting here, even you telling me this right now, with a pit in my stomach, feeling as the in between between the two of you and you're.
Speaker 3: Not in between, You're you were you know in between that was Yeah, that's all you're a feeling.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's the same she's feeling the same thing that that Donna felt that way.
Speaker 2: Yes, Donna and Tory back when we were young, like always like so thirty years later, okay, in that crazy thirty years later, Yep.
Speaker 3: Three fifty year old women. It has the ability to put me right back in that same feeling.
Speaker 1: It's still happening, you're being It's it's not just thirty years ago. It happened two weeks ago. So it just continues.
Speaker 2: But that show, that show now and now we're like, oh that show it not damaging. But like, you know, just like high school for everybody, you still regress and you still have moments. And I'm sure at high school reunions and college reunions they have college reunions.
Speaker 1: Excip the sort of you can have, yes, ish, not like high school.
Speaker 2: But yeah, fine, high school reunions. People go back and they say, I've never gone to one that you just kind of regress to, Like, oh my god, that's how I was back then, because it's so like, what is it like branded in you? It's like it's an impression printed. Yeah, it's printed on your soul for ever. We had ten years of that, you guys.
Speaker 3: So yeah, anyway, thing.
Speaker 1: If something happens over and over and over again and continues to happen, I mean I think it's quite normal. I mean I'm always fascinated, I tell you guys all the time by the blurred line that the fans have between the actors and the character.
Speaker 3: And I have to say, while I am super appreciative of everybody's take on it, everybody the reasoning behind it, behind why they like who they like, I'm all for it. Do you have your opinions, love one character not the other. But it still has an impact on me when I feel that energy coming from people and I don't like it that I really don't like it. I don't like putting myself in that environment. And I really realized that after that Pittsburgh Q and A panel thing. I was like really ready to throw in my towel at that point, like I don't need this in my life. You know, this feeling to come back to resurface.
Speaker 1: Oh, it doesn't feel good because I don't like it when they say I own you always just kiss their ass and you don't like Shannon, Like it's I'm not making it about me, but I'm saying it's like it's something with this fandom. They really immediately if you criticize a character in any way, it becomes about the real person.
Speaker 2: I'm sure other shows too, right, Like could you liken it to another show that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your experience? Amy? If because you do other you know, other casts.
Speaker 1: I've never I mean this intriguing. I've never quite made it. No, I've never seen it like this where they fully blur the actor with the character, and if you criticize a character, they think you're criticizing the actor. The only reason I think Tiffany might be different, and you guys correct me, is because she was known quite known before for a totally different character. So it would be harder to blur Tiffany because she's so known for Saved by the Bell that maybe that's why. And I don't know if you feel it, but I don't feel the same.
Speaker 3: I don't feel that way because Shannon was well known to people for the roles that she had played before like this, not like this.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because I've never had I criticized Valerie and nobody's like, you know, like Tiffany or maybe once. But like, I don't know, I don't want to make it. I'm not saying it's about me. I'm just giving my examples of what I.
Speaker 2: See in this time one more time.
Speaker 1: I just feel bad because it's like who the f am I to like even comment, but like I get it, I do see it.
Speaker 3: Anyway. This whole thing with val and Kelly just maybe just made me think.
Speaker 1: They're perpetuating the same thing again. They're just going right back to the same.
Speaker 3: Thing, creating a narrative that's not there, and then somehow that narrative can really sneak into your being, you know, and like your mind doesn't feel good.
Speaker 1: Anyway, flip floppy. There's no consistency. That's the issue too. It's like, I don't know what's up with Valerie As a viewer. I'm like, do I like her or hate her? I think I hate.
Speaker 2: Her see it as a consumer of TV, like, I feel like that's good, like that you want to be like I love hate like it's it makes her different than the other characters, and it makes her stand out because you need that one, you know. It's the Heather Lock there Mellower's place, Like.
Speaker 1: Let me care, that's a great example.
Speaker 3: Yeah, troublemaker. She's a troublemaker. Yeah, it's it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 1: That was just me.
Speaker 3: I was having some like, you know, real.
Speaker 1: So many questions about that kiss when we get to it, But keep going.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to the university where Dylan is on campus. And he's going to find the son of Tony Marshett.
Speaker 1: He thinks, right, just Brandon, they are not friends. They have the strangest relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dylan and Brandon kind of like, yeah, ragging on each other.
Speaker 1: And Brandon's right, it's totally bananas that like Dylan, like like literally, we're taking so lightly that Dylan is thinking of killing a person, like really and truly.
Speaker 3: Like what like, yeah, that's that's alarming. Brandon should be alarmed, not like sting him on or something like joking about it.
Speaker 1: It's so odd. He had a gun.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's purposely going there to find this this boy things and then he finds out it's a beautiful girl. Of course. We find out also that Valerie claims to have an eternal flame for Colin.
Speaker 2: Mmm. I love that song me too, Bangles.
Speaker 1: Correct, it's a sort of conflict being created here, like lots of uh chriss cross is developing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Donna and Claire gossip about Valerie and Colin, which I don't even know why is it that much of an interesting topic? I guess so I think.
Speaker 1: I would be like, can you believe she knew him?
Speaker 2: Would?
Speaker 3: And then Kelly walks up from behind and can magically hear them with her radar hearing, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, guys, not you, that's just Kelly.
Speaker 1: Or you hello, correct because everyone's facing camera and you're like and then they know she's there. It's like that whole thing. I was like, Okay, that was.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Colin Brandon announces to the gang that he plans to become a journalist. Huh and he wants to write a journalist is a big announcement, right, But I guess he was. He was really focusing on the politics there for a minute.
Speaker 2: A good thing. That's over. Yeah, So they.
Speaker 3: Saw that that didn't really resonate for people, and now he's going back to journalism. Great, yeah, perfect. Colin kisses Kelly. Valerie is noticeably disturbed, very upset by it, very flustered.
Speaker 2: Because she can't keep a man. Like every guy she's ever like felt anything for is in love with Kelly Taylor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's too convenient and really, yeah, she wasn't such a pill.
Speaker 1: I actually sort of would feel bad for her, like, because, like I said, all the gin joints, like if your crush came in with one of your best friends, totally unbeknownst you'd be like, oh, oh wow, but she's such a pill that you're kind of like stop it. You don't have the same compassion you would if.
Speaker 3: It was something right, you're more like, oh great.
Speaker 2: Right, you're yeah, why did they call it such a pill? I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: If you if you're a pill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that reference? Like, I know it, but it's like you like it when it's like the.
Speaker 1: Oh hard to swallow? Somebody smart text of that. It's like a hard to swallow because a pill is hard to swallow.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I think it's a clever interesting storyline. If it wasn't Valerie unrequited love and like the whole then it could be Okay. I mean, I don't know Claire, but that's not very interesting. Nobody that we don't have the right character for it to be interesting. But it's an interesting Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well. Uh, Steve, though, as you said in the synopsis, is once again looking like he's gonna fail out.
Speaker 1: Zero makes call it zero sense. Nobody in college would go back to high school and look at your math. That would never happen. This whole thing is ridiculous. It's completely ridiculous. He got into school.
Speaker 2: They don't like doing it.
Speaker 3: Once you're in, they don't care.
Speaker 2: Is it because Claire is so brilliant she's going to help him? Ah? Okay, that's why they did it.
Speaker 3: Okay. And this is also where we established this big, you know, energy between Brandon and Susan Keats. Her article was must be a guy thing. He didn't like it.
Speaker 2: No, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go to the construction site. Now, you guys where Ray is welding welder.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know he was a welder.
Speaker 3: I didn't know either. I thought he built things, but I guess, you know, he's.
Speaker 2: A ray of all trades.
Speaker 1: Really, I kind of liked it.
Speaker 3: I was like, it was hot. That's hot welding.
Speaker 1: It's a very specific skill.
Speaker 2: I was like, this guy will welding of Magic Mike.
Speaker 1: Doesn't he isn't he a welder or something in Magic Mike?
Speaker 3: And then also, yeah, but you would have one of those big, like clamp downy things on your right. So they opted for those.
Speaker 2: Goggles, swimming goggles. Those were they're a little steampunk. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Donna calls him and she tells him that missus Corman wants to repay her and that mister Corman is the president of a record company.
Speaker 2: Convenience, but gin joints all the welding sites.
Speaker 3: Oh. Then the next day.
Speaker 1: Very lovely and appreciative. I was like, Okay, you're being.
Speaker 2: Real sweet trying to help her man out.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody don.
Speaker 3: Is very good at that. So then Valerie offers Colin, of course, a private tour of the peach pit after dark, and they start remembering their good old days in Europe.
Speaker 1: And then he doesn't see you look at how you're saying it. He sees a piece of art cam.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Colin. He's he's very interested in the wall. Nice wall. Wait, he says nice wall, and she says, well, it does keep the ceiling off the floor.
Speaker 1: That was actually funny. I was a little I giggled a little at that.
Speaker 3: He's very flirty. Already I don't like this guy, Like as if you, I'm like, yeah, he's terrible. And then by the end of the episode, I'm like, oh, no, way, he's out.
Speaker 2: But no pets wait, oh he's out in your mind. You're like, I'm done. Yeah, I didn't remember way worse.
Speaker 3: And then we go back to the school and and it's the whole Dylan and Tony Marchett. Oh, and then she she takes him and introduces him to her driver Bruno.
Speaker 1: When did he knock the books? Was that the same scene the big book knock.
Speaker 2: All knocking, boots knocking books.
Speaker 1: You know, when he bumps into her, her books go flying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well because he wants to meet her. Yeah, and this whole time he's thinking, I want to meet you because I want to kill your dad.
Speaker 2: Is an interesting way to enter a relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think. I mean, it makes no sense. Yeah. Back at the pit at the p pad, that's right, I said it. Uh. David walks in and gets yelled at by Valerie for being late. There's a lot of talk about David's mom.
Speaker 1: In this episode, big subliminal storyline, because it does.
Speaker 2: That coming next.
Speaker 1: I don't remember when, but it does come. It's intentional that they keep mentioning it.
Speaker 3: Well, we just saw her living on the streets not that long ago, and David and mill went to rescue her. So I guess they're just keeping that character alive without showing Yeah. Well, Kelly tells Valerie that David didn't deserve to be talked to that way. And then val says, I think you're just mad because she's letting call and paint the mural. Who goes? What else? What else happened that was significant?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Dylan and Tony have a very romantic.
Speaker 1: I like that she has a driver, but it's a white car. I was like, oh, a white town car. They went to that restaurant. What restaurant was that? Thereso? No, it really showed the restaurant.
Speaker 3: I had the name of the restaurant out loud, but I can't remember now that was it.
Speaker 2: I just feel like every time they show a fancy restaurant on nine O two and zero thus far, they all look the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a it's like a fancy restaurant in San Fernando Valley?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: How dare you? I live here? Yeah? You're right.
Speaker 3: They don't feel like Beverly Hills fancy.
Speaker 2: They just never have any I feel like, I don't know, there's there's no like decor. There is just very like the very white tableclothing, white tablecloth, so that that's fancy and like a fancy waiter.
Speaker 3: And are we feeling are we feeling the chemistry between these two characters.
Speaker 1: Are not gonna even say because I'm so twisted on for some reason this storyline. It's just so it was so impressionable to me. Then it's the same reason that I'm like she was on the whole time. She's a main cast member. Like, so I can't tell because I know I'm totally this whole storyline messes me up.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I got to say, for the first time ever, I feel like like I'm distracted by her a bit visually.
Speaker 3: Because of her beauty.
Speaker 2: Correct, and it's her first episode, so I'm just like so Radar like zoned in on her external beauty that it's heart is distracting. It even distracts from Luke a little bit, which that's hard to do.
Speaker 1: It does. That's a good point, do you know what I mean? Was she the Noxema girl before this?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: So that's how we kind of knew that you got the Noxema girl.
Speaker 3: The splash, the splash, the water on the face.
Speaker 1: Clashed, the water on the face, and yet her face was perfect. I don't look like that when I woosh water on my face.
Speaker 3: So I look like a drowned rat. And it's very messy. I want to say, if you try the Naximus splash at home, it's very messy. Okay, So Steve's interviewing the Geek Squad to find his tutor. It was a little entertaining. I liked it. I wanted more, honestly, I was like I could watch this for a while.
Speaker 2: That was like the best we got of Jason's like, yeah, that was. Then there's a big night.
Speaker 3: Is this the big night at the peat Pad Crown?
Speaker 1: The line to get in is so serious.
Speaker 3: Now that yeah, it's a it's a hot.
Speaker 2: Brandt joint is jumping that place if you have to laugh.
Speaker 1: A little bit when Tony Marshett's like, I know this really cool hellub.
Speaker 3: It's called the peach pit after dark. And of course Brandon can just walk to the front of the line because he knows people. In fact, in his sports coach.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a blazer.
Speaker 2: I mean the college person that runs it lives in his house. Well, if you want to talk about that outfit that didn't happen, If.
Speaker 3: You want to know about bad efforts, what about Steve's shorts and socks?
Speaker 2: I can't go.
Speaker 3: It's so it's upsetting.
Speaker 1: What George's with the socks, with the big sneakers.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, for ten seasons they did him wrong. That's all ultim Yeah, yeah, that's consistent. There you go, there is something.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, to the kiss.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we have got to do the whole The daughter that makes the record decisions? What?
Speaker 2: Who cares? Right?
Speaker 1: First of all, how is she even in that club?
Speaker 3: I thought that was Dylan's sister for a second. She looks just like bad actress.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, maybe it's an eighteen and over I digress. But still, how's she even in that club?
Speaker 3: Well, because her dad's Roger Corman or whatever her name is, Roger Corman. They go backstage. No, no, that's somebody, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a huge director. Correct, And Roger Corman just passed away.
Speaker 3: Wow, right, well the same guy and this happens. You know, I'm getting goosebumps because it's a sign, oh sign of what Why would we say, Roger Corman? He just passed away. It's weird. Those things are weird to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, that scene in the dressing room is so boring of the staring. It's so much staring. It's like Donna's staring at Ray and Ray staring at the kid, and the kids staring at Ray and Ray staring at Donna, and it's just like that, and then.
Speaker 3: Valerie's staring at Colin and Kelly, and then Valerie staring at Colin and Kelly, and then Brandon's watching Dylan and Tony.
Speaker 2: It's just a lot of watch you know. That was like a Jason like call, though he was like, oh, this is symbolic.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, I gotta get in on that. I'm gonna zoom in on that close up.
Speaker 1: With the I've only one that wanted to know the car that Susan Keats drives because it's white. And I saw her first seat covers and I'm like, is it a cabriolet?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: I wanted to be one of those bugs, Beatle what do you call it? A cabriolet?
Speaker 2: VW never got to see it. We call them bugs.
Speaker 3: That was my first car, you guys, bug or rabbit Rabbit?
Speaker 2: It was, Yeah, that's all I wanted was a red rabbit. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was a classic nineties girl car.
Speaker 3: Oh, I wish I still had that car.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that safe.
Speaker 2: No, my parents wouldn't get it for me, because that's what they said.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we see Tony and Dylan making out in the driveway. Her big castle slash mansion.
Speaker 1: Does have the Porsche again.
Speaker 3: It's a new one. Is the new one?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: He got a new one.
Speaker 2: How'd you feel about them making out? Yeah? Tell me feel a lot?
Speaker 3: I didn't feel a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I'm not feeling the chemistry, but I remember they don't love them for it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't feel a connection yet to you what's happening. Maybe it's just me? Yeah, yeah, maybe I just don't like seeing Dylan kiss other girls.
Speaker 2: As your friend, I don't like seeing Dylan kiss other girls. I don't that's what it's bad about. Yeah, no, that correction. I liked Tim and Valerie kissing. Okay, you know what, but I knew that wasn't like lasting. This is like this is a good girl, like a good girl from a bad family.
Speaker 3: Like apparently she could be the one. But I know, what are you coming? Mm hmm mm hmm. Colin wakes up and serves Kelly breakfast. He made, he cooks and he is an artist.
Speaker 1: The phone call thee and we saw your handwriting. I was like, oh, that's actually your handwriting. You grab like the biggest pen and the biggest piece of paper in the world.
Speaker 3: Who's calling?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: Who's Claudia?
Speaker 1: Where is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What's her name? Claudia, Claudia, Claudia. Yeah, at the gallery find out. You'll find out it's not good.
Speaker 2: Can we go back to what he painted? Like you? Like you guys, like those watercolor roses he made for her like I did.
Speaker 3: Actually, I like to let a hell of a lot better than the sketchy did of her in two seconds. Who can sketch a portrait of someone that quickly. I couldn't tell she was bothered or if it was more like she was upset about her bed hair. I will tell you a pixie does not wear well the next morning, like you know what I mean, you got a short hair? Do wake up?
Speaker 2: It's like, now bothered me because I was just like, I don't think of her, and certainly not you, I guess, so the lines blur. You're not that girl, the jealous type. So it like, I don't know it. It bothered me.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe for a reason. Maybe Claudia is going to come in and make some Laudia.
Speaker 1: Is a problem.
Speaker 3: Oh she is.
Speaker 2: She's not just straight up business.
Speaker 1: Not it's my memory served Oh okay.
Speaker 2: So then Kelly, instinctly your gut, there you go.
Speaker 3: But also I realized when they were at the pea pad a you know, when they're at the you know, pepad and I'm just gonna keep saying.
Speaker 2: It, Oh my god, they're going to get so mad at you pad.
Speaker 3: She's a sex maniac. Kelly like, she yeah, like what what when does she get all like kind of it?
Speaker 1: It's gotten very adult. There's a lot more sex, a lot more bed scenes.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, he says, you want to go back to my house and get naked, maybe uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: It's a new relationship. We're like, yeah, duh, I guess so, honey.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see that. And that's it. Oh wait, no, no, no, that's not it. Sorry, big thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Subconsciously she wanted.
Speaker 1: That to be.
Speaker 3: It's over. And that's the end of the episode.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: No, we we see At the end, Valerie continues to flirt with Colin and tells him that she has always dreamed about kissing him all these years, and he out of the kindness of his heart kisses her.
Speaker 1: A sympathy kiss or the beginning of something new. That's what I want you.
Speaker 3: I want you, guys to be very undeterminable because it wouldn't happen, Like, would that happen unless he's attracted to her?
Speaker 2: Correct? You know, a guy doesn't give someone a sympathy kiss, especially when he has a full on girlfriend. It's not then.
Speaker 3: The end of the episode is thanks, I'll never forget that. Oh, it's just so strange, bizaar.
Speaker 2: The kiss was weird too. It was just like a lingering simple Yeah, it was simple, but it lingered this it was like a smooch.
Speaker 3: I can't amy you're not you don't like you. Like if you had the chance to kiss Colin he sucks, you would no, no no. If you were like you didn't know he sucked mm hmm and you had the chance to kiss him, would you know what?
Speaker 2: We don't have a question before she answers friends with you were not friends with you? She is Kelly?
Speaker 3: Not friends with Kelly. I want to know, like an objective Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh there's something schmarmie right out the gate. I find him schmarmys the right word there's something Owie Owe about him. He's not for me, He's he's the guy. He is right out the gate for me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, and again, there are split people out there. There's people that love Kelly and Colin together and there's people that do not like them together. I think it's always going to be the case. What Yeah, there's people that love them together. He's because of your no, I've read it with my eyeballs.
Speaker 1: That shocks me.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Really before or like now at this point before he like it? Okay, before Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure that'll change because it shocks me. Bad things are coming.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's totally Donna and my type, Like he's a bad boy, but not not not feeling it for him.
Speaker 3: You're not getting the tangles.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: That's all I have to say about this episode. What do you guys?
Speaker 1: Rate it ten?
Speaker 3: You're just saying that now for every episode this.
Speaker 1: Is we just met Tony Marshett.
Speaker 2: Come on, I don't feel that way.
Speaker 3: What do you feel.
Speaker 2: Now? I know it's Jason's episode that's influencing me to give it a higher rating than I would to be honest, just give it the rating I'll get it to seven.
Speaker 3: Oh oh sorry, I'm just kidding. I give it an eight. Yeah, there you have to people. Next week we have episode six already in season four. Everything's coming up, Roses. Oh is this the one where you're the Rose Queen?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Stop it wait I think so?
Speaker 2: Oh man, this is starting. That was that's just uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to see this. Everything's coming up, Roses. All right, you guys, that's it for us, all right, stuff Tell the people goodbye, piece out Oh we love you.
Speaker 1: Hye mhm